Page 66 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,640 of 4241
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    i miss if already, especially with the bloat that has come back. i had ripped abs for 10 days! booya
    i never had too much bloating. well maybe some u dont get that with IF huh>

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Subbed! You gonna Rock this man. You + IF = Killer combo :-)
    thx tx im looking forward to seeing what itll do!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Js View Post
    Yeah you will do fine. I know my results arent miraculous but it's seems to work and yeah Mockery your right, the bloat from normal eating compared to IF is weird.
    im not looking for a miracle but some moderate forward progress would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I am looking over your IF plan and it seems that IF includes dramatically cutting out non veggies carbs on non workout days.
    Seems the fat is about what you might eat on a regular cutting cycle or perhaps a bit lower. I am undertstanding this correctly.

you consume my total daily calories at one IF Meal!!!! LOL
    yeh ggr keepn fat around 20% for workout days where i get carbs. i thought i was gonna get a good amt of carbs everyday but leave it to GB to spoil my plans! im glad i dont have ur BMR!! im hoping this is gonna be enuff food!

Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    I'll tell you what buddy if my weigh in isn't great you and steM better get ready to help cos om thinking of either carb cycling or IF lol
    But everyone whom knows me says I've lost weight I don't think I have sometimes!!!!!!!!!!
    well milky chek ur bf% and post some pics. how long u been on ur diet? im sure SteM has u set up properly!

oh yeh weight today: 193lbs, bf% 7.97

i think im a pound or2 heavier than last week and last week bf was 7.92% ill double chek..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    well the end of week 3 winding to a close. been debating today whether to continue this carb cycle or change to maintenance with maybe some sort of carb cycle associated with it.

weight and bf today: 191lbs 7.93%bf
    yeh 2lbs up in weight and 0.04% increase in bf%

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

yeh 2lbs up in weight and 0.04% increase in bf%
    Hey 405 sorry if you've already answered somewhere in this thread but how do you get such precise bf%? I know how to do fat calibrations with the old school caliber but do you have an electronic device or....?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucka View Post
    Hey 405 sorry if you've already answered somewhere in this thread but how do you get such precise bf%? I know how to do fat calibrations with the old school caliber but do you have an electronic device or....?
    when u plug ur numbers into an online bf formula itll give u bf like: 15.87% (or what have u)

last week it was 7.93% this week 7.97% so:

7.97 - 7.93 = 0.04%

and this is dun with calipers.. 9site.

Brick is offline Member

when u plug ur numbers into an online bf formula itll give u bf like: 15.87% (or what have u)

last week it was 7.93% this week 7.97% so:

7.97 - 7.93 = 0.04%

and this is dun with calipers.. 9site.
    I figured I was over thinking it and it was just some simple math haha thanks bud

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Hey there hulkster my bf gets done next Sunday and so does my weight
    The diets bang on the mark thanks to steM and input from others what I mean is when I look in the mirror some days I see I've lost fat and others I don't did you feel like that at the start or is it just me?????
    I will be 28 days in on Sunday

Hey there hulkster my bf gets done next Sunday and so does my weight
    The diets bang on the mark thanks to steM and input from others what I mean is when I look in the mirror some days I see I've lost fat and others I don't did you feel like that at the start or is it just me?????
    I will be 28 days in on Sunday
    yeh i had days like that for sure. the first 2 months was def the hardest physically and mentally. when u first start ur out of shape so the workouts suck and u see no results. i think thats why so many people dont make it past the first month or 2. just keep going and trust ur diet. dont listen to the voice in ur head

well woke up this am and did 40mins fasted cardio. now all i have to do is make it til 1200 (workout) and then when im dun i can eat. hunger isnt too bad rite now. sucked having my coffee with no creamer. up til now thats been the worst thing!

WELL day one of IF is dun. i wouldnt say it was a piece of cake but it was pretty dang close! i liked it. bigger meals were good still have 1 to go.

workout was good.. total body 3 sets per bodypart.

tried 225lbs on flat bench to see how many i could do. got 17 reps so that sets the mark... figd id get 15 and was hoping for 20!

well meal 3:
    3whole eggs, 8 egg whites , 8oz beef, 300g broccoli, 250g cottage cheese
    was a bit challenging to get down!

well day 2 IF. low carb day. not real happy about it either. was hoping to avoid low carb days which is why i considered IF. may try to come up with a difft eating plan that does not include low carb days. maybe lower carb days. ive been cycling carbs since february and am tired of it. maybe have 2 low days per week but i think 4 low days per week is more than i want to do ...

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    You can definitly decrease your protein intake and up your carbs a bit bro. I do that alot on days where I feel I need more carbs. For every 30 g of protein you go down , you go up 50 g with carbs

Quote Originally Posted by cue_artist View Post
    You can definitly decrease your protein intake and up your carbs a bit bro. I do that alot on days where I feel I need more carbs. For every 30 g of protein you go down , you go up 50 g with carbs
    thx for chekn in there cue yeh im eatn 225g carbs on workout days (which is fine) but im only getn 65g on non workout days (which i dont like). having cycled carbs for 6 months (or so) and having 3 days strait per week of veggies only im tired of it. im already lean. wouldnt mind being a bit leaner but i find myself desiring carbs from deep within (LOL) ..

it wasnt til i started cycling them did i realize how much i like them! thinking maybe 225, 65, 225, 150, 225, 150, 65 or something like that.. might even just try 150 all 4 non workout days.

maybe im just being a baby! waaa waaa ..

also curious to how u figured out the 50g carbs = 30g protein thing?

Its not something based on science . Its based mostly on experience and my trainer advise. I currently weigh 191 lbs and never go below 200 g of protein . So whenever i carb cycle on my high days i would stay at 200 g protein, medium carb days i would go for 230 g protein , and low days i would up the protein to 260 g of protein . My carbs are :

High : 300 g carbs
    Medium : 150 g carbs
    Low : 75 g carbs

Quote Originally Posted by cue_artist View Post
    Its not something based on science . Its based mostly on experience and my trainer advise. I currently weigh 191 lbs and never go below 200 g of protein . So whenever i carb cycle on my high days i would stay at 200 g protein, medium carb days i would go for 230 g protein , and low days i would up the protein to 260 g of protein . My carbs are :

High : 300 g carbs
    Medium : 150 g carbs
    Low : 75 g carbs
    gotcha! will have to keep this in mind. when ive cycled carbs i left protein and fat the same. u compete dont u? if so im curious to what u do when just "maintaining"? or do u never run maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    gotcha! will have to keep this in mind. when ive cycled carbs i left protein and fat the same. u compete dont u? if so im curious to what u do when just "maintaining"? or do u never run maintenance?
    I am new to competing I only did one show in my country 1 year ago and will probably do some other shows in the US while getting my masters degree. Whenever I maintain I usually do 1 high carb day at 300g, 1 medium at 200 g, 1 low at 100 g, then I would repeat the cycle. Protein would be constant at 260g and would usually increase my fat intake by 1 serving on mediums days and 2 servings on low days. I take 3 g daily of fish oil on all days. My fat serving usually consists of 12 almonds that i would add on low and med carb days. I also do cardio 3 times a week 20 mins sessions using HITT style usually on my high days first thing in the morning

^^ so u basically cycle carbs no matter what ur doing at the time: bulking, cutting, maintenance?

good info thx man

UW bro, I usually carb cycle during the end of my cuts and when maintining. Whenever I bulk I would gradually introduce moderate amounts of carbs contantly in the beggining and then start to increase 50 g every 2 weeks till I reach my sweet point. I usually go for 8 weeks of bulking and 2 weaks of cutting.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    keep you low day no training at 150g of carbs, and run your tdee for you work out days as usual. IF doesnt need carb cycling.

Blog Entries
    are you at or above 180lbs lbm? 405 ??

UW?

funny u mention 8 week bulk, 2week cut cuz after i finished my long cut from 22%bf down to 7.8% it took me 6months to do and then i went on a vacation and planned to run my first ever maintenance but due to the lengthy cut was kind of slack counting macros and ended up unintentionally bulking i think for about 8weeks. i ate 3000-3700cals per day (give or take), lifted 3 - 4 times per week and did NO CARDIO. at the end i had gained about 12-14lbs. so i decided to cut (which is what i just finished). it took about 3 weeks to get back to the same bf i was prior to starting the bulk except i weighed 10lbs more!

so it seems what took me 2 months to put on bf% - wise only took me 3 weeks to get rid of + i now weigh 193 instead of 183 which is where i started! pretty happy about that! have considered maybe doing the same thing again to see what happens. never ate like that before when it was clean proper diet!

i call it my "unintentional bulk"

are you at or above 180lbs lbm? 405 ??
    177-179lbs LBM

Blog Entries
    i was thinking today, **** all this bulk im just gonna diet down to 170 and be a jacked little 170lbs guy ha ha. Probably easier to run maintenance on that,

bro i have been following your thread from the beggining. Even though I dont post alot. I still read through this site every single day. You should be proud of all the progress that u have made bro. Its truely inspiring and motivating. Having members like you, GB, and some of the other people that have there progress threads pushes me to work harder every single day. Right now in my country its the holy month of ramadhan and every single day is a struggle for me with my diet. Whenever people break there fast down here its usually a table full of food and sweets of all kind. I have alot of poeple down here who think im crazy and tell me that I shouldnt live the life that im living, but in mind i say thats the life that i chose to live and I know people from all around the world who do the same. So having you guys in my life keeps me sane sometimes cuz i know that u guys have sacrificied alot of things in life too , for the sake of reaching your goals. I truely wish you all the best bro

^^ hey man i appreciate it a lot! thx for takn the time to point that out it has been a heck of an adventure and ive learned a ton! still have a ton more to learn.. i dont think i couldve done it without this site and you guys on here. ive tried before but didnt know how much i didnt know! its nice to be able to impart what ive learned and experienced to others!

^^^^^^% I for one is really pleased that you share this knowledge and I can honestly say that you and steM spur me on and inspire me to reach my goals
    Thanx lads

gonejeepin is offline Associate Member
    Fully agree with the above two posts, always willing to sacrifice your time to help others you don't even know, that's proper 405! Thanks ...... How's the first few fays of IF treating u?

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    No cardio today?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    No cardio today?
    hes is mr sleep in lately i think! haha

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    For what's its worth I like the look of your meals.

^^^^^^% I for one is really pleased that you share this knowledge and I can honestly say that you and steM spur me on and inspire me to reach my goals
    Thanx lads
    ur welcome dude! glad to do it

Quote Originally Posted by gonejeepin View Post
    Fully agree with the above two posts, always willing to sacrifice your time to help others you don't even know, that's proper 405! Thanks ...... How's the first few fays of IF treating u?
    thx jeep! IF = no problem! im digging the bigger meals and makin it to 1300 without food is a walk in the park! feel like (and look) im getting leaner little by little already. since i jumped from the carb cycle to maintenance and now this

No cardio today?
    none today no. did it yesterday on exercise bike at 1200 and the cool thing was it was still fasted cardio! i tell u another thing the exercise bike is no joke man!

hes is mr sleep in lately i think! haha
    u are correct sir! i had a 1300 start today so i got to sleep til 1000. since then ive lifted and come to work. havent eaten yet but am about to. not starving really either! lookn forward to a big meal with a bunch of carbs!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Js View Post
    For what's its worth I like the look of your meals.
    thx 3js! i think im ditching the eggs in meal 3 cuz i often work late and eggs sitting in my car all day then reheated in the microwave are proving to be not so great!

thx for all the replies guys. i sleep in one day and everyone shows up! appreciate the encouragement!

Blog Entries
    i did cardio for teh first time since march, i think ill leave that for you #boring

i did cardio for teh first time since march, i think ill leave that for you #boring
    hear ya! i went 2 months without it and only missd it a little bit ..

well i got my 40mins am fasted cardio in this morning. nothing left to do today!

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    What's up bro. See you are up early today.

well i got my 40mins am fasted cardio in this morning. nothing left to do today!
    Is that it bro 40 mins??????
    What u playin at I've been up since 5am nearly done 10 hrs work and I've still got at least another 5 then I'll either go for a run or swing my bell goodness me
    Nowt left to do!!!!!!

What's up bro. See you are up early today.
    yeh had to get it in today man i skippd yesterday so im 3 for 4 this week so far! i actually enjoy it somewhat and know its burning fat (which i dont have alot of left so i know its a good thing to do)

Is that it bro 40 mins??????
    What u playin at I've been up since 5am nearly done 10 hrs work and I've still got at least another 5 then I'll either go for a run or swing my bell goodness me
    Nowt left to do!!!!!!
    well milky i was up at 0530 and on the elliptical at 0545!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    try mountain biking for cardio, nothing boring about it!

yeh had to get it in today man i skippd yesterday so im 3 for 4 this week so far! i actually enjoy it somewhat and know its burning fat (which i dont have alot of left so i know its a good thing to do)

well milky i was up at 0530 and on the elliptical at 0545!
    We call it on the nest over here. Oooops think I've got that wrong;-/

Thread Information