Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    well i managed to get my lift in today.. did legs and it was a good workout.. split squats r tuff man i tell u im tired now ..
    Ha ha, you know it. btw the workout I sent you is my own workout. You don't ave to, and shouldn't, follow it to a 'T'. Some lifts are specific to me and my weaknesses, partic. the unilateral cable flye and the partial deadlifts. But deffinitely use it as a spine and work from there.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    well i do cable flyes on my own.. the word unilateral threw me off a bit.. wat does that mean?? i do them seated on an inclined position.. the front squat i didnt attempt i just did leg extensions instead.. just doing reg squats the weight on my shoulders makes my right shoulder hurt a tad.. (i had surgery on it in april of this yr) so i didnt wanna push it with the front squat..

Another day down.. Tomorrow am fasted cardio!! I cant believe im actually glad

Total Daily Macros:2273/322/97/56

well i do cable flyes on my own.. the word unilateral threw me off a bit.. wat does that mean?? i do them seated on an inclined position.. the front squat i didnt attempt i just did leg extensions instead.. just doing reg squats the weight on my shoulders makes my right shoulder hurt a tad.. (i had surgery on it in april of this yr) so i didnt wanna push it with the front squat..
    By Unilateral I mean 1 arm at a time. 30 degree incline. with one arm it means I can cross over the centre of my chest at the top of the move. I am trying to hit my upper inner chest which is a real weakness for me.

As for front squats, just start out at about 40kg (90lbs) and go from there. If that causes your shoulder a problem just start with the bar. If that hurts stick to extensions but the 2 moves are worlds apart in benefits for you at this stage.

Does your shoulder need some flexibility work?

let me ask u this.. whats a good exercise for the outside pec?? for the line that goes from the armpit around and under the nipple??

ill try the front squat next go around..ill u tube it to check out difft ways to hold the bar.. it looks awkward..

i dont think so on the shoulder.. there was no actual damage but they sucked particles out of it as well as ground my collarbone down cuz it was scraping some other bone and had arthritis on it.. its prob 90% rite now.. took like 4 months to heal to where its at now and its pretty much staying at 90%

got in cardio this am but only 40 mins instead of 45 cuz i hard a hard time getting outta bed

2 ways you can hold the bar, either with arms crossed which appear standard in most gyms. Or like a weightlifter would in the clean and jerk.

As for the outer pec line specifically that's really not gonna come in until your bodyfat is way down. Just make sure you get a full stretch on you dumbell presses, no half measures just to shift more weight.

now when i do a db press shouldnt i stop going down when my arm(between the shoulder and elbow)is parallel to the floor?? otherwise seems would be bad for shoulder..

Not much to say.. Got blood taken at lunch so they can chek my test levels (for the second time) ..

Total Daily Macros:2034/268/95/57

now when i do a db press shouldnt i stop going down when my arm(between the shoulder and elbow)is parallel to the floor?? otherwise seems would be bad for shoulder..
    If you are stopping with your upper arm parallel to the floor you are missing out on AT LEAST 8 inches of, arguably the most important, movement of the exercise. When using dumbbells I ensure I lower the bells so that the imaginary bar between bells would touch my chest. The shoulders have much more freedom this way than with a barbell.

But if you have shoulder issues you have to judge for yourself how low is safe. I would suggest you drop the weight and try the full movement. Without it you'll unlikely reach full pectoral development.

well upon retrospect i bring the dumbells down to where the plates touch around my armpit but next time i do it ill chek it out ..wat do u think about db flyes ?? oh and also my weight has gone from 202(my lowest) back up to 204 this am.. i guess it can fluctuate up and down a couple pounds with water and stuff..?? i am looking leaner i think .. ill be posting a pic sunday and ill also post some pics i took at the beginning..

well upon retrospect i bring the dumbells down to where the plates touch around my armpit but next time i do it ill chek it out ..wat do u think about db flyes ?? oh and also my weight has gone from 202(my lowest) back up to 204 this am.. i guess it can fluctuate up and down a couple pounds with water and stuff..?? i am looking leaner i think .. ill be posting a pic sunday and ill also post some pics i took at the beginning..
    DB flyes are ok, I neither like nor dislike. When cutting I'd prob rather spend an extra 5 mins on my PWO cardio but as you do your cardio seperately it's up to you. If you feel they are of benefit by all means go ahead. Just make sure they are a fyle rather than a flye cum press.

Weight can fluctuate but there is usually good reason. Any salt/seasoning/sauce on your meals yesterday? Salt is normally the worst culprit.

If you think you are looking leaner then you are. You will be your own worst critic so any imporovements you see will be seen more by others.

well yeh yesterday now that u mention it my wife seasoned the meat with some stuff i think is really salty also the past couple days i have used a good bit of hot sauce just to add some flavor..get tired of the same old bland food..BLAH >>

todays back wkout was great! i really like how i just do one set and rest for a minute then do another set,,then rest then do another set the whole thing took me like 45 mins... i tell u stem the weighted reverse crunches..yeh rite ! i could barely do them with out weight.. i u tube it and the guy i saw was doing it on one of those decline sit up things.. so thats wat i did.. with me feet below my waist..TUFF BUT I LIKED IT.. again better than like the 500 crunches and 200 leg lifts i used to do.. havent worked my abs in like 5 yrs..theyve gotten a little weak.. i feel the strength will come bak quikly in them though..

tomorrow..shoulders

Just make sure no salt/seasoning the day before your 'official weigh in' otherwise your stats will likely be off.

Managing to do any deadlifts?

Reverse crunches are great. On an inclined bench with weight is great. But then, I'm also a fan of hanging leg raises as long as the technique is right. Need to focus on lower abs doing the work NOT the hip flexors!

Good luck with delts, happy with the face pulls?

dunno tomorrows the first day for them.. will be interested to see how they go.. i lookd them up on u tube and they look to be pretty good.. all ur exercises are.. better than the ones i was doing..

did the partial deadlift today.. that was good..

how long does it usually take to get rid of the water after a day with high salt.. i didnt know she was putting the seasoning on she used.. silly girl.. she used old bay on burger.. in case u dont know its for seafood especially crab.. btw how about crabmeat??like crablegs?? would they be considered cheating or could i eat that? i love crab and oysters ..

also (and this is kind of gross i guess) but i read in another thread about drinking alot of water when running low carb for a variety of reasons one of them being regularity which until just recently i never had a prob with but i have noticed somewhat of a change.. trying not to be too graphic here but i have seemed to tighten up a tad.. i was curious as to why i figd it was diet but was unsure of what part.. is it the low carbs?

hey also stem and gb should i do a refeed on my current diet where im running only 100c/day?? today is day 10 at 100g C

Total Daily Macros:2231/329/97/58 60%P/18%C/23%F

oops cals should be 2331

If you can do full deads you should. I do partials because I have a lower back issue that has kept me out the gym for over 12 weeks this this year. Wish I could risk full deads.

Will take the body about 24 hours to rid the water of the salt, on average.

As for crab, just check your macro's and fit them in accordingly. I believe in a broad sprectrum of meats, veggies and carbs. Personally, I don't like crab, not that you need to know that. I suspect you will need to check the sodium content too and not eat them the day before a weigh in.

Water definitely helps with regularity and I should hope you are having plenty of fibrous green veg too. Any idea how many grams of fibre you are consuming? Work it out but I would suggest a minimum of 30g daily. Have to say, even when I ran a keto diet I was as regular as always.

Refeed? Personally at 100g carbs daily I would have one every 14 days. But, if you are gonna have a cheat meal anyway, just have that, don't refeed too. But a refeed every 14 days would be about right.

Don't forget, on face pulls, elbows at shoulder height throughout!

Now i do romAnian deads on leg day and what? Stiff leg regular deads on back day?

Will chek fiber count.. I eat about 3-4 cups broccoli/day with meals 2 and 4 as well as about 10 pieces of aspAragus with meal 5 and tats all the green veg i get.. Tats everyday without fail..

Yes im looking fkrward to todays lift(facepulls).. My legs are still sore from tuesday and my abs are sore from yesterday

Down to 204 today from 204.4 yesterday although i do question the acccuracy of my scale.. May invest in a better one.. Its a digital scale.. Supposedly reads bf and water and bone density but i think its way off tat.. I stay around 40%bf on it LOL i know im not tat fat

Romanians on leg day yes.

On back day, regular bent leg deadlifts.

Ok cool.. I loved the facepulls so much i did 3 sets.. Off early today yay!! Not usual for sats for me.. Both wkouts dun now gonna chill maybe play some gta4 i like vid games.. Hope yall have a good day

ok guys its been 4 weeks time to post my results pics im pretty happy so far. still gotta long way to go but if i make the same progress over the next 4 weeks that i did this 4 weeks i think i may be able to really start seeing something.. i have categorized myself in 3 classes i wonder if anyone can relate:

class 1 .. fat in clothes
    class 2.. look good in clothes
    class 3.. look good without a shirt..

when i get home ill post the stats.. i tell u i had one more original pic but this attachment thing is a pain in the butt!!! so im goo with the 5 pics..

if it comes up correctly pic 1 and pic 3 were taken 4 weeks ago... pics 2,4,and 5 i took this morning.. what do u guys think??

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! OMG that is pretty freakin awesome work for only 4 weeks.

That's what Desire, Discipline and Dedication CAN do to a person.

Proud of you dude can't wait to see what the next 4, 8 and 12 weeks bring!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    amazing 405!

you are on track! Keep it up! Good for you!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Starting weight:96.6kg at 21.9%bf

LSt week i weighed 204/92.5kg at 19.99%bf

This week i weigh 202/91.6kg at 19.2%bf

4 weeks lost 5kg and 2.6% bf !!!

Starting LBM :75kg
    Todays LBM: 74kg

SteM i tell u man im motivated as heck.. Slim thx for the encouragement

GB and SteM i really appreciAte u guys help.. I couldnt do it without yall ..
    This next month is gonna be a big monty for me.. Im at 202 lbs so knowing me this is where i start to get out of familiar territory..

Should i keep running the same numbers ivebeen running all along? My lbm has only dropped 1 kg so is tat enuff to make a difference?? Im thinking of maybe trying to up my am fasted cardio from 45 mins to 60 mins.. If i can duplicate this past months progress again i will really be in uncharted territory.. I havebeen as low as 185 lbs and my bf according to my wife then was around 16-17%.. tats as low as ive ever been .. Im hoping i get close by the end of november.. It seems Tats a sticking point for me .. Maybe its cuz before it took so much effort i was burnt out by then.. Also i have gotten injured as well .. Anyways as usual ur advice is greatly appreciated

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Awesome progress bro!!!! Keep this up and in 3-6 months, you will look like a completely different person. Stay sharp, stay consistent, and you will beat this, hands down!!!

Stem's got you sorted out. I've been adding my .02 here and there, mainly here for support and encouragement!

Hopefully when you get to 185 this time you'll look way better than when you were last 185.

Keep running the same numbers. Hopefully the change in workout will arrest any further loss of LBM. If it turns out to be an issue we can look at manipulating your macro's. But, it's working, so let's keep with it as it is!

If you want to up your fasted cardio that's cool but 60 mins max. I'm aware owhat a busy life you have and suffering a burnout will only be counter productive. BUT........it's your body and you know what it can handle more than anybody. If you feel you need a couple of days rest, then rest. If not, you are good to go!

I think i will look better at 185 this time stem last time it was all cardio and no lifting..

When u say the change in workout u r talkn bout my new better lifting routine? which i really like its cool cuz i can do more weight.. Maybe ill get stronger .. Do u have a suggestion as to some online program or spreadsheet i can use to track reps and weight and stuff??

Tell me wat u think bout my cardio shoukd i stay at 45 mins?? Or maybe do 2 60 min sessions/week??

As far as rest goes im too in the groove man today was a rest day but tomorrow will be hard hitting!!

Next sat is cheat meal day for me.. My whole family is coming over and im smoking baby back ribs and chikn wings and were ordering pizza and my mom is baking a cake.. I plan to eat maybe 8 wings(really 4 but theyre cut in 2 pieces), a couple ribs and maybe 3 pieces pizza and a piece of chocolate cake(my mom really makes great cake ) do u think tat will all be ok??

Ok 2 pieces pizza LOL

Well rest day over .. 6 days til cheat meal.. Tomorrow am fasted cardio .. Feeln good .. See yall tomorrow..

Total DAily Macros:2153/322/97/42

well its another day did am fasted cardio this am .. only did 45 mins though i think it may be a little tuff getn in 60 rite now just cuz i have to get up 15 mins earlier which may not sound like alot but when ur only getn 6 hrs sleep it certainly feels like it ready to hit the gym hard at lunch..

I think i will look better at 185 this time stem last time it was all cardio and no lifting..

When u say the change in workout u r talkn bout my new better lifting routine? Yep, I mean your new lifting routine which i really like its cool cuz i can do more weight.. Maybe ill get strongerYou WILL get stronger. GUARANTEED .. Do u have a suggestion as to some online program or spreadsheet i can use to track reps and weight and stuff?? Nope, I'm a little old fashioned. I have a small notebook and I record each workout on a seperate page. That way I can always refer to my last workout when I'm in the gym.

Tell me wat u think bout my cardio shoukd i stay at 45 mins?? Or maybe do 2 60 min sessions/week??

As far as rest goes im too in the groove man today was a rest day but tomorrow will be hard hitting!!

Next sat is cheat meal day for me.. My whole family is coming over and im smoking baby back ribs and chikn wings and were ordering pizza and my mom is baking a cake.. I plan to eat maybe 8 wings(really 4 but theyre cut in 2 pieces), a couple ribs and maybe 3 pieces pizza and a piece of chocolate cake(my mom really makes great cake ) do u think tat will all be ok??
    How is your fasted cardio? All the same moderate pace? Are you taking in any BCAA beforehand?

As for your cheat meal, I would say it is excessive. But it is your first one in a month. I suspect you'll feel lethargic and bloated afterward. I'm not going to say don't do exactly that cos it may do you good to feel how bad, unhealthy food now makes you feel. Your body won't assimilate ALL that you eat but you are possibly not gonna lose with that type of cheat. So you know, a cheat for me may be some crisps (chips) before my homemade lasagne and possibly some cheesecake after. But not as much of each as I want. You'll work it out.

u know i have one of those notebooks in my car that isnt getting used rite now.. good idea..

fasted cardio: yes same moderate pace and i take bcaa usually rite before cuz i dont get up until i have to..

i think i can make the cheat meal with the 4 wings and 2 pieces of pizza and decent size piece of cake.. i can not eat the ribs.. when u say im not gonna lose do u mean for that week specifically?

as for the cheat meal if i was gonna do as much as i wanted itd be 6 whole wings 3 pieces of pizza 3 ribs and 2 pieces of cake LOL.. and im serious about that!

am open to suggestion about cardio if i need to switch it up a bit from day to day.. with some hiit...or what have u..

Potentially you may not lose anything for the week. It'll probably take a couple of days after that type of cheat for your body to return to the status quo ie disposal of sodium and also disposal of the, erm, sh1t in your intestines.

To make your fasted cardio a little more 'productive' and particularly as you a re taking in BCAA's (10g?) we can change it up. As your bf is still a little high I would suggest you make the first 25 mins (incl warm up) some kind of HIIT and the then the following 20 mins at a moderate pace.

ok can do.. how bout 5 min warm up
    10 sets/30 sec all out/90 sec moderate (20mins)
    20 min moderate

the bcaa im taking i spoke to u about previously is body mortar carb free.. ill scroll bak thru and fin where i listed the stats and relist them in a minute..

u think changing the cardio will work better in the present circumstances for fatburning??

Body Mortar:

Calories 0
    Fat 0
    Cholest 0
    Carbs 0
    Fiber 0
    Sugars 0
    Protein 0

BCAA
    L-Leucine 7g
    L-Isoleucine 1.75g
    L-Valine 1.75g

Revival Agent
    Glutamine 2.5g

This is all in 1 scoop which is how much i take

30 servings/container

HIIT sounds good. It's just another weapon in your arsenal for your war on fat. Try it, use it, alternate it with moderate cardio, see how you feel. If it's taking too much out of you drop back to just moderate.

Body mortar is good to go!

sweet on the body mortar.. now does it matter that i pretty much get outta bed, walk into kitchen mix bcaa and go upstairs and chug it as im stepping onto the elliptical? do i need to like wait 10 mins or something?

Total Daily Macros:2273/322/97/56

Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast

Thread Information