Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Krugerrs Accountability

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Figured it pick this up where I left off.

Weighed in at 310.4lbs monday morning, which is down from my c340lbs before christmas! This photo was taken just now, not the best angle, but its something!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	712.3 KB 
ID:	178853
    tarmyg likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Nice to have you back.
    krugerr likes this.

Krugerr Diary Post - 9

Forgive me Forums, for I have sinned. Its been over a year since my last confession...

As is tradition, i figured i'd kick this all off again with a bit of a mind dump. Around my last diary entry, i posted that things we're getting better with the partner. It took a nose dive very soon after that and we split again, we bounced around for a couple of months and finally I called it a day in March 2018. Pretty much turned my life upside down to leave my daughter behind. I changed jobs, moving from financial advice to a large mortgage firm and moved around 15 miles away. Spent pretty much 18 months single, just playing the field as it were.. and boy was it played! September last year i met a girl, i was hooked on the first date, we saw each other 3-4 time a week for about 6 weeks, at which point she was then effectively living with me apart from weekends. This girl was smart, funny, and incredible in bed! We started talking about maybe moving in together at some point in 2020, before long, we'd actually found a place we liked, and were set to move in at the end of December. The beginning of December rolled around, and she quit her job after falling out with her manager, promising that she'd have a new job soon.
    Well the near year rolled round and no job, we moved in and I ordered a whole house of furniture, and I had paid for the entire holiday we booked to Mexico, and I paid for everything whilst we were there. Fast forward to April, still no job, she had been prescribed anti-depressants and had told me she was leaving me. Her son lived about 3hours away with his dad, and she said she just couldnt miss him grow up. She moved out 4 weeks ago.

Sounds like a fvcking repeat right?
    So now here I am, with a £4k holiday on my CC, I have over £2k of brand new furniture, and I have a loverly 3 bedroom house which I am tied into renting until december. Go me!

ON a positive note, I won £5 on the lottery a couple weeks ago, so there is that. After leaving my ex-ex in 2018, i very much changed who I hand around with, and made some pretty close friends at the new job. A couple of these guys were wicked salesman, but kept talking about the law of attraction. Im sure many of you have heard of it, if you havent, do! I started changing my outlook on things, nothing drastic, but its quite literally as simple as just deciding to be happy. You can wake up on a monday and grumble to yourself and stumble to the kitchen, or you can get up, put a smile on and go make a coffee. The net result is the same, but its an entirely different process. I honestly dont worry about the things I cant control anymore. I focus my energy on the things I can change, everything else is noise. I used to spend a lot of energy worrying about what might happen, or complaining over and over "why me" when it did.

So besides being a little cuddly around the middle right now - im a happy camper. During the lockdown, I have even started running (yes, thats not a typo!) If any of you are on Strava and wanna link up, let me know.

Thats about it for this one.
    Peace out!
    GearHeaded and tarmyg like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    [B][SIZE=6] You can wake up on a monday and grumble to yourself and stumble to the kitchen, or you can get up, put a smile on and go make a coffee. The net result is the same, but its an entirely different process. I honestly dont worry about the things I cant control anymore. I focus my energy on the things I can change, everything else is noise. I used to spend a lot of energy worrying about what might happen, or complaining over and over "why me" when it did.
    you are a wise man..

the past, the future, the things you can't control do NOT exist . they are not real, they only lead to fear. but what is real is what you can control and what is in front of you this very day
    krugerr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    you are a wise man..

the past, the future, the things you can't control do NOT exist . they are not real, they only lead to fear. but what is real is what you can control and what is in front of you this very day
    I am here, at this very point, because of my past.
    Every "negative" thing in my life is a positive. Its corrected my path in some way that led me here. I like who I am, I like the person I've become, I like where I am in life.

So I am grateful for the experiences. As you'll often hear entrepreneurs say, you learn more from your failures than you do your successes.
    GearHeaded and Gallowmere like this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member

Krugerrs Accountability

Every "negative" thing in my life is a positive. Its corrected my path in some way that led me here. I like who I am, I like the person I've become, I like where I am in life.

So I am grateful for the experiences. As you'll often hear entrepreneurs say, you learn more from your failures than you do your successes.
    Exactly.
    ‘Negative’ feelings (anger, fear, pain, etc.) regarding anything are just a signal that something needs to change. What that something is, is up to each person to figure out for each situation. Our culture has gotten too adept at trying to avoid these things rather than confronting them and learning from them.

Sometimes the solutions require us to ask some really fucking uncomfortable questions. C’est la vie. Life is one long series of replacing problems with other problems. Knowing which ones hold value for us as individuals; that’s where the money is.
    krugerr likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED

spot on ..
    as an entrepreneur myself (I'm 43 and haven't worked a job since I was 20.. I always built business and employed others), the biggest lesson and learning experience in life was always my failures . not my successes
    Gallowmere and krugerr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    spot on ..
    as an entrepreneur myself (I'm 43 and haven't worked a job since I was 20.. I always built business and employed others), the biggest lesson and learning experience in life was always my failures . not my successes
    Im only 31, so a touch behind you on that front! I work in finance - and I know WHAT i wanna do, i just cant figure out how to make the change to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Exactly.
    ‘Negative’ feelings (anger, fear, pain, etc.) regarding anything are just a signal that something needs to change. What that something is, is up to each person to figure out for each situation. Our culture has gotten too adept at trying to avoid these things rather than confronting them and learning from them.

Sometimes the solutions require us to ask some really fucking uncomfortable questions. C’est la vie. Life is one long series of replacing problems with other problems. Knowing which ones hold value for us as individuals; that’s where the money is.
    Exactly - just course corrections.
    with the mentality, everything is a postive, which makes life a lot happier to live for sure.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Hi!

Glad to see ya back big guy!
    krugerr likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Im only 31, so a touch behind you on that front! I work in finance - and I know WHAT i wanna do, i just cant figure out how to make the change to do it.
    Break what you want to do down in small parts like you build muscle. Do not think about the end goal because you can not control the outcome but you can make small incremental moves in the right direction. Thinking about the end goal is what makes a lot of project not work as you forget to do what’s right in front of you. My 2c, not sure it’s even worth that much.
    RaginCajun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Break what you want to do down in small parts like you build muscle. Do not think about the end goal because you can not control the outcome but you can make small incremental moves in the right direction. Thinking about the end goal is what makes a lot of project not work as you forget to do what’s right in front of you. My 2c, not sure it’s even worth that much.

Thanks bro - I have the end goal in mind. I practically fantasise about that shit daily.
    I have a website, i just need to begin populating that with content in order to build a base before making that leap.

My updated vitamin regime - ripped basically from Austinites old thread on the matter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vitamins.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	178887
    RaginCajun and tarmyg like this.

Another pretty good week - treated myself to pancakes for dessert one evening, but otherwise consistent with the diet.
    Running monday, and i made it half way before my knee started causing horrible pain, had to limp back home. With that in mind, i decided that i will scale the running back to once a week for the moment as the impact is just no good for me long term. Running will be something i want to continue with though.
    Ordered myself a new mountain bike!

Weight is 307.4lbs this morning, so not a lot of movement this week ~1lb
    I was 340lbs at christmas, so its still good progress in the long term.
    tarmyg likes this.

Datta baw!

As you know, consistency is the magic key to all this.

Stay focused

MTB riding is a real good workout! Have any trails next to you or just got it for cruising?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    MTB riding is a real good workout! Have any trails next to you or just got it for cruising?

no particular trails near me, but some nice walking routes, and i will just be cruising around on it.
    I used to do a lot of cycling in my youth, so we'll see how far i get on the first rides.
    RaginCajun likes this.

How’s it going big guy?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    How’s it going big guy?

Good thanks buddy - mountain bike arrived yesterday. God damn my arse is sore! haha. Hows things with you?

mr.califit is offline New Member
    Hey man, loved reading through your journey. Motivation has been super low for me as well but this free audiobook has been helping me through my sessions lately. Wanted to share the love. Happy Holidays! https://amzn.to/383ayYh

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

Thread Information