Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: Less is More Log

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Holy Squats Batman!!! Today was a pretty crazy leg day. Crazy fried now in the evening, but man did it feel good. I decided that no matter how long it would take I would complete today with the recommended weights and I did. Here is the workout for today:

STRENGTH:
    1) Back squat: 60%x 10 reps (90kg), 70%x 8 reps (105kg), 75%x 6 reps (113kg), 80%x 4 reps (120kg).
    *Rest 10 minutes, then:
    2) Front squat: 60%x 5 reps (60kg), 70%x 4 reps x 3 sets (80kg).

Work Capacity: Complete the following for time:
    -30x power clean (60kg)
    -30x pull ups
    -20x hang squat clean (60kg)
    -20x chest to bar pull ups
    -10x thruster (60kg)
    -10x bar muscle up (scaled to rings)

Core: 3 rounds:
    -5x GHD back extensions with 5-second hold at the top position (AHAP)
    -rest 90 seconds
    -10x V-up sit ups

Rested 45 minutes and then ran a CINDY but did Chin-ups instead of Pull-ups
    AMRAP in 20 minutes
    5 x Chin-ups
    10 Pushups
    15 Air Squats
    Total: 15 Rounds

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    holy sheeeeet man, that is a lot of work!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    holy sheeeeet man, that is a lot of work!
    It was pretty insane! :-)

Blog Entries
    Today I felt a bit tired but did not think much about it. Got to the gym and warmed up, feeling a bit extra stiff so I spent extra time stretching and such. As I was going to do my first Snatch, I realized my shoulders were so fried from yesterday's training I could not even hold the barbell above my head properly without hurting. Realizing that continuing at this point would lead to injury, I stopped it all and went home. Just one of those days.

Blog Entries
    Did not have time for anything else but arms today. Went to my old gym and hit Triceps and Biceps and it felt just dumb. No Olympic lifting, not feeling completely exhausted simply felt awkward. Completely fallen in love with Crossfit and I think my body is better off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Did not have time for anything else but arms today. Went to my old gym and hit Triceps and Biceps and it felt just dumb. No Olympic lifting, not feeling completely exhausted simply felt awkward. Completely fallen in love with Crossfit and I think my body is better off for it.
    glad to hear that everything is going good for you!

Blog Entries
    Got to the box this morning pumped as ****. What happened? I hurt my shoulder ;-( The irony. Maybe this is the year where we will test to see how dedicated I really am. Not even doing that heavy of weights but will train everything I can without using the shoulders and lifting objects straight up. Just irritating but time to show resolve!

Blog Entries
    Back in the old Snap Fitness gym this late afternoon only doing old chest exercises. No problem doing that as there is no vertical load on the shoulders. Pushed until the chest felt dead!!! Good overall feeling.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    R u going back to the previous therapist?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    R u going back to the previous therapist?
    Going to give it a few days to make sure I am not over reacting but if it remains 100% yes :-)

Blog Entries
    Back in the CrossFit box this morning. I ran a Boot Camp at 6.30am so I was very properly warmed up before this workout! No shoulder stuff in today's workout so that never became an issue.

STRENGTH (WEEK 2/DAY1):
    1) Back squat: 60%x 10 reps 90kg, 65%x 8 reps 98kg, 70%x 8 reps 105kg, 75%x 8 reps 115kg.
    *Rest 10 minutes, then:
    2) Front squat: 60%x 5 reps 60kg, 70%x 5 reps 65kg, 75%x 5 reps x 2 sets 70kg and 75kg.

Core: 3 rounds, not for time:
    -10x medball GHD sit up, 5kg, 5kg, 0kg
    -60-second weighted plank, 30kg, 30kg, 20kg
    -20x American KB Swing, 32kg
    -20x reverse hyperextensions, leg weight only

Conditioning (Week 1/day1):
    Complete the following for time:
    -10000m row @2:30-2:36/500m
    RaginCajun likes this.

Blog Entries
    As I am not going to stress the shoulders too much I am using very light weights for things that activate them too much.

STRENGTH:
    1: Block clean: 10 rounds- Every 2:00 minutes, complete:
    -3x squat clean from launch position. 30kg.

2: “Lynne” EMOM Style: 5 rounds (20 minutes) – EMOM, complete
    -Min 1: Max rep bench press (Body weight), Kept it at 105kg
    -Min 2: Max rep chest to bar pull up
    -Min 3: Rest

Work Capacity: Complete the following for time:
    -200x Single unders
    -75x Wallball (20#/14#)
    -25 Handstand pushups
    -25x Hang power clean, 30kg

4h later - Chest

-Supine Bench Press
    -Chest dips
    -Pec deck
    -Decline Dumbbell
    -Incline Smith Machine

Blog Entries
    Nutrition update:

I find it interesting that in my ever ending quest for the perfect diet to cut fat I forgot about the big picture. As I have started doing CrossFit, which by pure intensity and volume creates a massive workload I am starting to lean out even though I am eating as much as I possibly can. I simply can not eat more food at this point! Years of being anal about grams left and right and being hungry feels like something I could have spared myself. Will this get me to stage condition, no way, but I am leaning out day by day to a place where anyone, including people on these forums, would say I am looking damn good. Not there yet but once I am you can be damn sure I am putting up a picture :-)
    krugerr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    Nutrition update: I find it interesting that in my ever ending quest for the perfect diet to cut fat I forgot about the big picture. As I have started doing CrossFit, which by pure intensity and volume creates a massive workload I am starting to lean out even though I am eating as much as I possibly can. I simply can not eat more food at this point! Years of being anal about grams left and right and being hungry feels like something I could have spared myself. Will this get me to stage condition, no way, but I am leaning out day by day to a place where anyone, including people on these forums, would say I am looking damn good. Not there yet but once I am you can be damn sure I am putting up a picture :-)
    I concur with what your logic is. If one is working hard, the body will find ways to improve/change. I always find when I work harder, everything else seems to fall into place.

Are you on any compounds at the moment?

Keep up the hard work and stay injury free!

Blog Entries

I concur with what your logic is. If one is working hard, the body will find ways to improve/change. I always find when I work harder, everything else seems to fall into place.

Are you on any compounds at the moment?

Keep up the hard work and stay injury free!
    I am on my standard dose, 200mg test/wk and 1.8iu hgh ed.

Starting a blast this coming Monday.

I am on my standard dose, 200mg test/wk and 1.8iu hgh ed.

Starting a blast this coming Monday.
    is that your TRT/HRT dose for test?

nice, on the HGH, how long are you running it for? wonder if that helped out in your healing any

Blog Entries
    is that your TRT/HRT dose for test?

nice, on the HGH, how long are you running it for? wonder if that helped out in your healing any
    Not on TRT but this is my current cruising dosage. I just keep checking my blood values to make sure I am Ok. Will use Testosterone Propionate and Oxandrolone this blast as Tren -A do not agree with me, or my wife :-)

Been running HGH since November last year, no clue if it has helped.

Nutrition update: I find it interesting that in my ever ending quest for the perfect diet to cut fat I forgot about the big picture. As I have started doing CrossFit, which by pure intensity and volume creates a massive workload I am starting to lean out even though I am eating as much as I possibly can. I simply can not eat more food at this point! Years of being anal about grams left and right and being hungry feels like something I could have spared myself. Will this get me to stage condition, no way, but I am leaning out day by day to a place where anyone, including people on these forums, would say I am looking damn good. Not there yet but once I am you can be damn sure I am putting up a picture :-)
    Interesting.
    krugerr likes this.

Blog Entries
    STRENGTH (WEEK 2/DAY2):
    1) Back squat: 60%x 10 reps 90kg, 70%x 8 reps 105kg, 75%x 8 reps 113kg, 80%x 8 reps 120kg.
    *Rest 10 minutes, then:
    2) Front squat: 60%x 5 reps 65kg, 65%x 5 reps 70kg, 70%x 5 reps x 2 sets 75kg,80kg.

Conditioning (Week 1/day2):
    Complete 8 rounds, each for time:

-Run 100m (All out threshold sprint pace)
    -Rest 2 minutes

Core: For time:
    -100m 2-arm OH KB carry (2x 12kg)
    -100m 2-arm KB farmers carry (2x 12kg)
    -100m 2-arm front rack KB carry (2x 12kg)
    -100m 2-arm KB farmers carry (2x 12kg)

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nutrition update:

I find it interesting that in my ever ending quest for the perfect diet to cut fat I forgot about the big picture. As I have started doing CrossFit, which by pure intensity and volume creates a massive workload I am starting to lean out even though I am eating as much as I possibly can. I simply can not eat more food at this point! Years of being anal about grams left and right and being hungry feels like something I could have spared myself. Will this get me to stage condition, no way, but I am leaning out day by day to a place where anyone, including people on these forums, would say I am looking damn good. Not there yet but once I am you can be damn sure I am putting up a picture :-)
    I think youve hit the nail on the head there. We can all pick and play with our diets to infinity and back. But simply the diet close and working your ass off would give much better results.

As you say, you wouldnt win Olympia with that method, but for the rest of us. I think you're right, too much planning, not enough doing! I am certainly guilty of this.
    tarmyg likes this.

Blog Entries
    One of the things that the therapist told me was contributing to my previous injury was a weak bicep muscle making the strength uneven. Went in today for a Bicep and Tricep workout. Except for it feeling weird to only train that and no crazy HIIT at the same time, I did it a bit differently. I exhausted the Bicep to the point where I could not lift a 2kg dumbbell and after that went onto Triceps. This to make sure I will be giving my Biceps the correct attention. Technically an off day from training today but that's not for me and Sundays are off anyways. Two more days and then rest.
    krugerr likes this.

One of the things that the therapist told me was contributing to my previous injury was a weak bicep muscle making the strength uneven. Went in today for a Bicep and Tricep workout. Except for it feeling weird to only train that and no crazy HIIT at the same time, I did it a bit differently. I exhausted the Bicep to the point where I could not lift a 2kg dumbbell and after that went onto Triceps. This to make sure I will be giving my Biceps the correct attention. Technically an off day from training today but that's not for me and Sundays are off anyways. Two more days and then rest.
    Interesting

I think Marcus and them have some pretty brutal Arm routines posted in there. Dorian Yates has an arm video (at least I think in the blood and gut series), may want to give a look to prepare for next week's workout
    tarmyg and krugerr like this.

Interesting

I think Marcus and them have some pretty brutal Arm routines posted in there. Dorian Yates has an arm video (at least I think in the blood and gut series), may want to give a look to prepare for next week's workout
    Yeah the Dorian videos are great, and the whole Blood&Guts routine is a fantastic all rounder. There isnt a dedicated arm day, its built into the Back and Chest days. But you can certainly watch and remove the principles in your own way.

I always find heavy, into drop sets and partials is the way for arms. Particularly with the cable machines!
    tarmyg likes this.

Blog Entries
    Heavy day today! Ran a Boot Camp for the Police at 6.30am and the drive down there in heavy Tropical rainfall was pretty intense. Back home and warm up a bit and then headed out to the box for my own workout. Still taking it pretty slow with any shoulder stuff. Shall see how it feels on Monday! Doing Snatch truly make me look like a complete clown!

STRENGTH:
    1: Snatch complex: 10 rounds- Every 2 minutes, complete:
    -1x power snatch + 1x Hang squat snatch (Work up to a max 1+1 for the day)
    2: 10 rounds – Every 2 minutes, perform:
    -1x snatch balance superset with 2x max distance broad jump (Work up to a max for the day)

Work Capacity:
    Complete 3 rounds, each for time:
    -30x thrusters (75#/55#)
    -20x GHD sit ups
    -10x Wall Balls
    -Rest 2 minutes

Chest:
    Supine Bench
    Chest Dips
    Pec-Deck
    Decline dumbbell press
    Incline Smith Machine

krugerr likes this.

Blog Entries
    The city was pretty much in lockdown during the previous Saturday due to the statewide bandh (http://goo.gl/iMyCF8) making it hard to get training in. I can still feel the body getting used to this training and considering this is almost a 2-year project I see no reason to rush anything anyhow.

STRENGTH (WEEK 3/DAY1):
    1) Back squat: 65%x 8 reps 100kg, 70%x 8 reps 105kg, 80%x 6 reps 120kg, 85%x 6 reps 130kg.
    *Rest 10 minutes, then:
    2) Front squat: 60%x 5 reps 70kg, 70%x 5 reps 75kg, 75%x 5 reps 80kg, 80%x 5 reps 85kg.

Core:

3 rounds, not for time:
    -5x Eccentric toes to bar (Perform a T2B and on the way down, take at least 5 seconds to hit full extension again)
    -2 minute side plank, 60sec R/60sec L
    -10x KB windmill + press, 5R/5L (AHAP)
    -10x banded back extensions (Use heaviest band as possible)

Conditioning (Week 2/day1):
    Complete 2 rounds of:
    -5,000m row (Must keep above a 2:24-2:28/500m pace)
    -Rest 3 minutes

Last edited by tarmyg; 08-01-2016 at 12:13 AM.

your thread makes me feel lazy!

its motivating!
    tarmyg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    your thread makes me feel lazy! its motivating!
    True. Lol
    tarmyg likes this.

Blog Entries
    Missed posting yesterday's workout so double-posting today. For reference, the workout's are taken from this blog: CrossFitter WOD Archives - CrossFit Weightlifting

STRENGTH:
    1: Block snatch: 10 rounds - Every 2 minutes, complete:
    -2x squat snatch from the blocks (1″ below the knee and work up to a max double for the day)

2: 5 rounds (10 minutes) – EMOM, complete
    -Odd: 2x Heaving snatch balance (work up to a max double in the 5 sets)
    -Even: max rep strict handstand push-up
    *If you think you can get more than 10 reps on each set, then start with a 4″/2″ deficit.

Work Capacity:
    “Climbing Snail”…modified: Complete 3 rounds for time of:
    -Run 400m
    -2x rope climb (15ft)
    -20m prowler push (4/2x 45# plates, but choose depending on surface. Should be heavy)
    -2x rope climb (15ft)
    *On round 3, after you complete the prowler push, you are done. So, there will be 10 rope climbs total for the WOD.

Chest:
    Supine Bench
    Chest Dips
    Pec-Deck
    Decline dumbbell press
    Incline Smith Machine
    krugerr likes this.

Blog Entries
    Had a good workout today. Felt strong and my squats are steadily improving at almost a ridiculous rate. Finally starting to get used to Front Squat and it is very useful for improving my overall form.

STRENGTH (WEEK 3/DAY2):
    1) Back squat: 60%x 10 reps 90kg, 65%x 10 reps 98kg, 70%x 8 reps 105kg, 75%x 8 reps 113kg. This felt easy today!
    *Rest 10 minutes, then:
    2) Front squat: 60%x 5 reps 75kg, 65%x 5 reps 80kg, 70%x 5 reps x 2 sets 85kg & 90kg.

Core:
    Complete the following for max reps:
    -Tabata GHD situps 64 reps
    -Rest 3 minutes
    -Tabata banded good morning 130 reps

Arms:
    Biceps and Triceps at old gym

Blog Entries
    Today is a rest day but squeezed in a quick benchmark workout and set a . Closing in on a decent time on this one. Some people on Youtube finishing this one in 12-14 minutes seems pretty insane but the current, and reasonable goal, is to get under 20 minutes and go from there.

Filthy 50

For time:
    50 Box jump, 24-inch box
    50 Jumping pull-ups
    50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
    50 steps, Walking Lunge
    50 Knees to elbows
    50 Push press, 45 pounds
    50 Back extensions
    50 Wall ball shots, 20-pound ball
    50 Burpees
    100 Double unders

Time:
    RaginCajun likes this.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Your log's more than impressive.
    tarmyg likes this.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Not a good workout today. Body felt off and generally tired. From experience, I know this is when one is most likely to incur injury so I took it very slow and with low weights.

STRENGTH:
    1: Clean complex: 10 rounds- Every 2:30 minutes, complete:
    -1x Clean halting deadlift + 1x clean pull + 1x clean (Work up to a max 1+1+1 for the day)
    *For the first rep, it is a deadlift to the hang/launch position with a 2-second pause, then back to the floor, reset and perform a clean pull, back to the floor, reset and the third movement is a full clean.

2: 5 rounds, every 90 seconds, complete:
    A: 3x strict press (Work up to a max effort 3 RM)
    B: 3x push press (Work up to a max effort 3 RM)
    C: 3x push jerk (Work up to a max effort 3 RM)

-Explanation: You have a maximum of 5 sets to establish a 3RM press. Once you hit failure, with the clock still running, move onto portion B. Same protocol, in 5 sets or less, work up to a 3 rep max push press, and once you fail at push press, re-rack, add weight and finish off with a 3 rep max push jerk. The weight progression should be linear, and 5 rounds are not required in each of the 3 movements but don’t exceed it. If you know your overhead movements pretty well, you should be able to get away with a total 7 or less total rounds for all 3 of the movements.

Work Capacity:
    “Elizabeth” – Complete 21-15-9 reps for time of:
    -Squat clean @ 135#, I used 67.5#
    -Dips

Blog Entries
    Another slow day. Body felt completely off and I need a day of complete rest. Played through this today when I told myself I really should have rested. Oh well, keep plugging away. Clocked in at 190 lb (86kg) for the first time in a while and still maintaining acceptable levels of body fat. I attribute this to my Crossfit routine entirely.

Strength:
    1: Snatch Barbell Cycling: 4 minutes of:
    -Position work with an empty barbell.
    2: Muscle snatch: In 10 minutes or less, work up to a 2 rep max muscle snatch
    3: Skill transfer complex: 10 rounds – every 90 seconds, complete:
    -1x Heaving snatch balance + 1x snatch balance (Work up to a 1+1 for the day)

Get some rest bud, your body will thank you!
    tarmyg likes this.

Blog Entries
    Back to normal after a day of complete rest. Repping at 130kg (~290 lb) now at back squats and front squats are coming along as well but not close to that weight but at 90kg. Been increasing this one with 5kg each time I am doing it to make sure my form is Ok and should hit 100 during my next round as it is not weight holding me back but form. Overall a good day but a bit light on the cardio side!

STRENGTH (WEEK 4/DAY1):
    1) Back squat: 65%x 8 reps 100kg, 70%x 8 reps 105kg, 80%x 6 reps 120kg, 85%x 6 reps 130kg.
    *Rest 10 minutes, then:
    2) Front squat: 70%x 5 reps 75kg, 75%x 5 reps 80kg, 80%x 5 reps 85kg, 85%x 5 reps 90kg.

Core:
    3 rounds, not for time:
    -20x Medball GHD sit ups (20#/14#)
    -60-second L-sit hold
    -10x standing Russian twist, 10R/10L (AHAP)
    -10x Glute ham raise
    krugerr likes this.

damn T, that is some weight!

nice work!
    tarmyg likes this.

Blog Entries
    Watching the pro's at the Olympics have given some good ideas on how to warm-up well so I tried some of that today for fun. Also, watching those guys you realize you are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of reps behind in training i.e. Snatch :-) Makes me feel better at sucking at that movement! Clean's were improved today as I am getting my arm's to move more fluidly I think.

STRENGTH:

1: Block clean: 10 rounds- Every 2 minutes, complete:
    -2x squat clean from the blocks + 1x split jerk (1″ below the knee and work up to a max 2+1 for the day)
    2: 5 rounds – Every 3 minutes, complete
    -5x clean pull superset with max rep strict weighted dip (AHAP. Shoot for failure around 7-10 rep range)
    -Start at weight you ended at from the blocks*
    *If you think you can get more than 10 reps on each set, then start with a 4″/2″ deficit.

Work Capacity:
    Complete the follow for time:
    -40-30-20-10 reps : Wallball (20#/14#)
    -20-15-10-5: Strict pull ups
    Time: ~9.30
    RaginCajun and krugerr like this.

You're really smashing it at the minute mate! Inmspiring to follow along
    RaginCajun and tarmyg like this.

Blog Entries
    Hit a Boot Camp for the Police force again this morning. Ran a few Air squat and Jumping Jack Tabata's and planking. After this, a bunch of stuff went down so I only had time for my leg session and missed cardio and arms. Not much to do about that except make it up tomorrow.

STRENGTH (WEEK 4/DAY2):
    1) Back squat: 65%x 8 reps 100kg, 70%x 8 reps 110kg, 75%x 8 reps 115kg, 80%x 8 reps 125kg
    *Rest 10 minutes, then:
    2) Front squat: 60%x 5 reps 80kg, 65%x 5 reps 85kg, 70%x 5 reps x 2 sets 90kg & 95kg (dropped weight on floor @ 4th rep).

Blog Entries
    As my PT specialist told me I am focusing on Biceps once per week. Went to the old gym and did arms and then hit CrossFit for a WOD.

Strenght:
    Biceps and Triceps

WOD:
    10*200m Sprint, one run every 2min
    Rest 3min
    4 rounds for time:
    24 KB Snatch used a 12kg KB which was way to light
    12 Pushups
    96 Single-unders

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread Information