Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Coming off TRT to get pregnant.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That's crazy. So if you guys don't have another kid you're just gonna part ways?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    That's crazy. So if you guys don't have another kid you're just gonna part ways?
    Kinda where we’re at rn

She’s prob gonna go back to school full time & I might go OTR - but, who knows. Life works a lot differently than planned. She never planned on being a stay at home mom & run everything with me.

I try not think about it sometimes, I just want shit to stay the way it is - but, I know it won’t.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That's what I did, ran HCG for a while before the test and it worked. Not enough to conceive the normal way but with IVF its a go.

Right shoulder I had done at the beginning of the year was doing good until last week. Sort of tweaked it a little but should be ok unless I knocked the cup loose. It's possible.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 09-14-2022 at 12:37 AM.

Hopefully no issues with your shoulder. Hopefully you didn’t mess anything up. Gotta let that bone fuse to the implant

I’ve been running the HCG for a few months now but only 1000 per week. Gonna bump it up to 5000 per week even after I come off. Starting that dose next week. I’m hoping with running it that high it will keep my testosterone levels elevated and I won’t crash as hard. I will prob run it that way for a few months with Clomid and Nolva and then do a semen check. Also thought about running the 5000 per week and go back to my TRT dose for a month and then come off but not sure if I’m just prolonging everything

It socks bc I feel awesome right now and I look great. Dreading coming off
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Man I read through some of this thread and it’s really making me look forward to getting off test and having a kid

The part about the kid complicating your life - that part sucks the most. Right now I can just head out, go for a bike ride, go ride a jet ski, take a weekend trip, chill back and smoke weed and make music in my studio all day… it feels like a kid will ruin my life, in a way. Hard to imagine loving something so much you’re willing to give up so much. And, that’s if the kid is normal and healthy. Seems like half the parents I talk to nowadays have kids with special needs. I couldn’t handle that, I hardly want a healthy normal kid.
    Iranon likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Man I read through some of this thread and it’s really making me look forward to getting off test and having a kid

The part about the kid complicating your life - that part sucks the most. Right now I can just head out, go for a bike ride, go ride a jet ski, take a weekend trip, chill back and smoke weed and make music in my studio all day… it feels like a kid will ruin my life, in a way. Hard to imagine loving something so much you’re willing to give up so much. And, that’s if the kid is normal and healthy. Seems like half the parents I talk to nowadays have kids with special needs. I couldn’t handle that, I hardly want a healthy normal kid.
    How old r u?

I’d take another bullet to my dome any day than watch my son go through it, I can tell u that.

I guess I should update. I haven't come off yet. 5 weeks ago I tore my right Bicep tendon. I met with a surgeon and he did not want to operate. He said way more risk than just letting it heal on its own. My bicep is visibly different looking than my left so that sucks. When I flex it looks better than it did but when my arm is down by my side I hate how it looks. It doesn't look as bad as it did when it first happened though. That said, I came off my cycle as soon as it happened and dropped back to my TRT dose. I've changed up my workouts as I'm recovering. My right shoulder is bothering me a lot but I've lowered all my lifts and been doing more jump roping etc.

Anyways, I'm planning on coming off in the next few weeks. I need to get more Clomid and Nolva so I will order that prob. next week. I've upped my HCG to 2500 per week and when I come off I'm going to up it to 5000 per week. My fiance has been having morning sickness the past week or so and wants to take a pregnancy test but I told her to just hold off. I took a home semen test kit but it didn't show optimum levels. I will wait a month or so after I come off and have a semen analys done and hopefully I have some swimmers. it will be good to have a baseline.

I'm on the fence a bit about having another kid to be honest. My son is 14 now and when we don't have him we can do anything we want whenever we want. I'm nervous how not having that option will impact our lives. We had a dog now which has made things a little more challenging as far as going away for the night and clearly a kid will make it harder.

My biggest fear is my brother did the exact same thing. Met a younger woman, got married, and they had a kid. Now, he's miserable. His wife won't go out, is SUPER MOM and no longer a wife/girlfriend. She used to always wear heels and sexy outfits and now she doesn't even own any heels and hasn't dressed up for him since she's been pregnant. I doubt my fiance would do that as she's super sexual but I'm sure she will to some extent.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I guess I should update. I haven't come off yet. 5 weeks ago I tore my right Bicep tendon. I met with a surgeon and he did not want to operate. He said way more risk than just letting it heal on its own. My bicep is visibly different looking than my left so that sucks. When I flex it looks better than it did but when my arm is down by my side I hate how it looks. It doesn't look as bad as it did when it first happened though. That said, I came off my cycle as soon as it happened and dropped back to my TRT dose. I've changed up my workouts as I'm recovering. My right shoulder is bothering me a lot but I've lowered all my lifts and been doing more jump roping etc.

Anyways, I'm planning on coming off in the next few weeks. I need to get more Clomid and Nolva so I will order that prob. next week. I've upped my HCG to 2500 per week and when I come off I'm going to up it to 5000 per week. My fiance has been having morning sickness the past week or so and wants to take a pregnancy test but I told her to just hold off. I took a home semen test kit but it didn't show optimum levels. I will wait a month or so after I come off and have a semen analys done and hopefully I have some swimmers. it will be good to have a baseline.

I'm on the fence a bit about having another kid to be honest. My son is 14 now and when we don't have him we can do anything we want whenever we want. I'm nervous how not having that option will impact our lives. We had a dog now which has made things a little more challenging as far as going away for the night and clearly a kid will make it harder.

My biggest fear is my brother did the exact same thing. Met a younger woman, got married, and they had a kid. Now, he's miserable. His wife won't go out, is SUPER MOM and no longer a wife/girlfriend. She used to always wear heels and sexy outfits and now she doesn't even own any heels and hasn't dressed up for him since she's been pregnant. I doubt my fiance would do that as she's super sexual but I'm sure she will to some extent.
    You guys need to stop copying me. When I had my left shoulder replace shortly after my bicep came detatched and my rotator cuff tendon. My left also looked better than the right due to it being balled up or pulled down. lol My doctor said if it was only the bicep he would not have fixed it but since the rotator cuff also needed fixed he would fix both of them. He also ended up replacing all the hardware.

Only problem now is my left side the front subscapularis where it attaches to the bone is noticeably smaller or concaved compared to the right side. Hopefully (doubtful) it will build back up once Im able to start lifting again.

Im not sure I understand why you didnt want her to take a pregnancy test? If she is pregnant then problem solved.

My daughter is 29. We also have 9 cats, 2 rabbits and 1 ball python. Ball python is great for vacations. Feed it 2 mice the day before and it wont care for another month. lol

Yeah I'm not looking forward to the big change with the wife either but being 24 she should bounce back. We also still plan on moving back to the Philippines so we will have a LOT of help with the kid if you know anything about the culture there. If she doesn't get back in shape Ill just remind her that several of her cousins and nieces are waiting in line for me. lol

I never felt trapped having a kid even though I was a single dad pretty much from when she was born because her mom was pretty much an MIA and died when my daughter was 2.

Yes really, 9 cats. Wife is a crazy cat lady now.
    Attachment 182073

Iranon is offline Associate Member
    Do you guys really think Running TRT or a cycle is male birth control?

Just wondering, back when I was younger and married I was on cycle and my wife and I could not get pregnant, this was about 5 years in a row. Came off and within 6 months we got pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Iranon View Post

Just wondering, back when I was younger and married I was on cycle and my wife and I could not get pregnant, this was about 5 years in a row. Came off and within 6 months we got pregnant.
    For some people YES but not everyone esp. if you haven't been on for a long time. A good friend of mine got his wife pregnant while he was on because he thought he couldn't get her pregnant and then did. Did you ever go back on or did you stay off?
    Iranon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    You guys need to stop copying me. When I had my left shoulder replace shortly after my bicep came detatched and my rotator cuff tendon. My left also looked better than the right due to it being balled up or pulled down. lol My doctor said if it was only the bicep he would not have fixed it but since the rotator cuff also needed fixed he would fix both of them. He also ended up replacing all the hardware.

Only problem now is my left side the front subscapularis where it attaches to the bone is noticeably smaller or concaved compared to the right side. Hopefully (doubtful) it will build back up once Im able to start lifting again.

Im not sure I understand why you didnt want her to take a pregnancy test? If she is pregnant then problem solved.

My daughter is 29. We also have 9 cats, 2 rabbits and 1 ball python. Ball python is great for vacations. Feed it 2 mice the day before and it wont care for another month. lol

Yeah I'm not looking forward to the big change with the wife either but being 24 she should bounce back. We also still plan on moving back to the Philippines so we will have a LOT of help with the kid if you know anything about the culture there. If she doesn't get back in shape Ill just remind her that several of her cousins and nieces are waiting in line for me. lol

I never felt trapped having a kid even though I was a single dad pretty much from when she was born because her mom was pretty much an MIA and died when my daughter was 2.

Yes really, 9 cats. Wife is a crazy cat lady now.
    Attachment 182073
    You have time to knock her up my friend. haha. My fiance was 24 when we first met and she turns 30 next week. Time goes by way too quickly. I'm sure yours loved that you said you have a backup plan with her sisters. LMAO.

9 Cats???? Shit that's a lot. We have 2 cats and a dog and I draw the line there. I had to fight hard to get the pup for YEARS and now she's addicted to him. haha

I didn't have her take the test because she's not even late on her period. I don't think she's pregnant but you never know. I started back on HCG in around February of this year but only at 1000iu per week so it's possible that may have started a little something but it is a low dosage to get a pregnancy. I'm running 2500 per week now but it's only been a few weeks and when I come off bumping to 5000 per week with hopes it keeps my T- levels high(ash) and to jump start some swimmers.
    lovbyts likes this.

Blog Entries
    Oh no, that’s how I have/had friends who cycled for years and had 3-4 kids each. Although all cycled - stayed on for 3-5 months, then jumped off for 2-3

If you stay on a continuous cycle or trt or whatever, it seems quite different

UPDATE: since my bicep tear things have gotten worse. My shoulder started killing me so I basically stopped lifting. I met another surgeon and he thought it was my rotator cuff. He ordered an MRI and the rotator cuff is fine. There is some major inflammation and burcitis in the shoulder t where the tendon snapped. No surgery just PT which I started this week so that’s great

I’ve been doing mostly cardio and just cable things for the past few months. I just had my annual physical and all my blood work has improved. My thyroid was way off last check on August and she wanted to put me on meds for hypothyroidism but this time it is perfect.

That said, I’ve cut my TRT down to just 70mg per week and I only inject once per week on Friday’s. She tested my total and free test and my total test is at only 227 with a range of 250-1100. I’ve been feeling pretty decent though although my interest in sex is not where it normally has been. Trying to decide if just coming off now since my level is so low is a good idea or not. My concern is if it goes even lower to where it is but I’m wondering if Clomid would increase that number more than the low dose of test.

The woman still wants a kid but financially I’m not there right now so I’m torn. I’m debating about bumping my TRT numbers back to 120-140 per week and doing injections twice per week.

Not sure if anyone is still following this but I decided to just come off TRT. Friday will be 2 weeks since my last shot so I will start my Clomid and Nolva at that point. I figure with my levels as low as they currently are I can't imagine crashing too hard. haha. I will update as the week goes on with how I'm feeling etc.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Cylon357 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if anyone is still following this but I decided to just come off TRT. Friday will be 2 weeks since my last shot so I will start my Clomid and Nolva at that point. I figure with my levels as low as they currently are I can't imagine crashing too hard. haha. I will update as the week goes on with how I'm feeling etc.
    Some of us are still reading! Why do you keep going on and coming off? Have you tried HMG?

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Some of us are still reading! Why do you keep going on and coming off? Have you tried HMG?
    I only came off once last year for a few months. The timing was wrong because I had major surgery when I was off (hip replacement) so mentally and physically I was struggling. I went back on to help aid in my recovery and had planned on coming back off last winter but never did. I had planned on coming off this September but again didn't so now I'm going to try again. I plan on being off for at least 6 months as my Endo said it typically takes that long after being on for as long as I have. I will get blood work done in a few months along with a Semen analysis. He ordered it last time I met with him but I never followed thru with getting it done.
    As for HMG I have researched it a while back. I guess if nothing happens within the next 6 months then maybe I will try going that route. We haven't been trying to conceive for a while it's just been if it happens then it happens which obviously it hasn't. haha. I'm also taking some OTC fertility supplements like Fertilaid but who knows if they actually will do anything but it's cheap enough so might as well take it. I have noticed an increase in volume since taking it so I'm OK with that. haha

You can check my thread on what I'm doing, but basically I tapered off the TRT slowly and slowly ramped up the HCG to 500 units EOD, then tapered the HCG down to 0. I'm 3 months and 2 days off TRT completely, and about a month off HCG. I felt a comedown after both coming off TRT and then HCG, but I'm feeling pretty good now. My sex drive isn't as high as it was, but oddly my performance is better.

I haven't done any official fertility tests except the over the counter shit you find at CVS. I tried one the other day but I don't think it worked. Basically a waste of money anyway. I will do it through a doctor next time.

I'd say what helped me was being on HCG the entire duration of TRT. I don't think I would have recovered as much as I have and been feeling as good as I have without it.

I think if you're gonna run HCG, run it for a longer time than everything else and at lower doses, more frequently. So about 300-500 units EOD. Then taper down over time.
    Cylon357 likes this.

How bad did you crash when you came off? I remember last time I really struggled but I'm just about at the 2 week mark since my last injection and right now I feel totally fine. That said, I was only taking 70mg/week for the past few months and my numbers were really low already. I've found such conflicting things about HCG when coming off. A lot of my research says to take it at 5000 units per week which is obviously really high. I was thinking of maybe running it that high for a few weeks but I'm leaning more towards running 2500 units per week for the next month or two and then tapering it down.

During my time on I've been on and off HCG. Sometimes I was always running it other times I wasn't. I have been running it consistently though this entire year. How long did you take Nolva and Clomid for and at what doses?

You can check my thread on what I'm doing, but basically I tapered off the TRT slowly and slowly ramped up the HCG to 500 units EOD, then tapered the HCG down to 0. I'm 3 months and 2 days off TRT completely, and about a month off HCG. I felt a comedown after both coming off TRT and then HCG, but I'm feeling pretty good now. My sex drive isn't as high as it was, but oddly my performance is better.

I haven't done any official fertility tests except the over the counter shit you find at CVS. I tried one the other day but I don't think it worked. Basically a waste of money anyway. I will do it through a doctor next time.

I'd say what helped me was being on HCG the entire duration of TRT. I don't think I would have recovered as much as I have and been feeling as good as I have without it.

I think if you're gonna run HCG, run it for a longer time than everything else and at lower doses, more frequently. So about 300-500 units EOD. Then taper down over time.

I didn’t take anything but HCG . I think HCG in higher doses is counterproductive and causes the same thing as taking a high dose test cycle. It just suppresses the HPTA, and possibly exhausts the testes from over stimulation. I believe in less is more and tapering over shocking the system. Like I said, I feel pretty good, but it takes time.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Cylon357 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I didn’t take anything but HCG . I think HCG in higher doses is counterproductive and causes the same thing as taking a high dose test cycle. It just suppresses the HPTA, and possibly exhausts the testes from over stimulation. I believe in less is more and tapering over shocking the system. Like I said, I feel pretty good, but it takes time.
    This is exactly the reason that HCG monotherapy doesn't work long term. That whole Mr Brownstone thing:

"♫I used to do a little but a little wouldn't do so the little got more and more ♫"

Interesting. My Endo wants me on Clomid esp. for infertility. I was thinking that taking HCG might interfere with my body producing on its own. Nothing like being a chemical experiment. haha

I didn’t take anything but HCG. I think HCG in higher doses is counterproductive and causes the same thing as taking a high dose test cycle. It just suppresses the HPTA, and possibly exhausts the testes from over stimulation. I believe in less is more and tapering over shocking the system. Like I said, I feel pretty good, but it takes time.

Blog Entries
    Interesting. My Endo wants me on Clomid esp. for infertility. I was thinking that taking HCG might interfere with my body producing on its own. Nothing like being a chemical experiment. haha
    Now, I remember - Clomid & Lotts of it is the norm

I say fuck that shit & go straight for FSH - But, the side effects look frightening
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Powrbuild89 is offline New Member
    I was on TRT for about a decade. Wanted to get my wife pregnant so got a fertility test. ZERO SPERM detected , yes ZERO. I will keep it short and if you have questions I’ll answer. My doc was stuck on me coming off TRT to prescribe HCG so I obliged the first month for the blood tests then went back on immediately. At 500iu 3x a week in 5 weeks my sperm count was over a million and normal mobility. Knocked me wife up in 3 months. and came off hcg. A year later same thing. From zero sperm to wife knocked up in under 4 Months from my first HCG. I stayed on trt both times. HCG theoretically keeps you naturally shut down anyway so I don’t see a huge advantage to coming off. I’d get a sperm count test and see where you are at

Edit: first time when I came off for 4 weeks to have my BW look how my doc wanted at 1000iu 3x a week my test level got up to 345, before TRT they were low 200s. The literature I read didn’t show advantages over 500iu 3x a week so I lowered my dose as pharmaceutical hcg is very expensive
    Last edited by Powrbuild89; 02-05-2023 at 02:41 PM.

Powrbuild89 is offline New Member

Everyone is different. 80mg 2x a week gets me to ZERO sperm count. 4 years and my wife didn’t get pregnant. Luckily I guess I respond great to hcg cause if I take it my sperm count shoots up.

Blog Entries
    ^ we are all different, that’s for sure

I tried, pumped enough HCG to I do t even know what for months & nothing

Cool it worked for you though

BallSak is offline Associate Member
    Been a long time since I've contributed here so thought I would throw in my experience with this..

I had 2 daughters and started trt 10 years ago, the week my second was born. 2 years later, my wife wanted to start trying to have another child. She had the IUD taken out and after 3 years we had no success. My sperm count was zero. I was content with 2 kids, dragging my feet and just kept doing my thing. Eventually I gave in and I got back on HCG at 500 twice a week for 6 months or so. Still nothing.

Couple years later, my wife was getting beyond pissed with me and life and things started getting rocky between us. So I went all in and started clomiphene and HCG again at 1000iu 3 times a week ( which I read a study stating that was a proper dose for regaining fertility). I dropped the clomiphene after 2 months as it did not sit well with me (beyond moody and borderline suicidal). Kept doing the HCG protocol for about a year. Never got off testosterone and kept my same dose of 180mg to 200mg per week for the entire 10 years of being on TRT.

My wife convinced me to go to a fertility clinic. They asked me to get off testosterone which I declined, as I couldn't bare going back to feeling like shit and losing the good health that I had worked so hard for. They tested my sperm count and it was up to ~150 million. We scheduled an IUI. I gave them another sample, which had close to 200 million. My wife went in for the IUI and conceived on the first attempt. She is now in her 3rd trimester with a healthy baby boy.

I know everyone is different and that often times the woman has more issues going on (endometriosis) than they want to admit. But here's my experience: 10 years of TRT and 8 years with no birth control and was able to conceive while on TRT, just not naturally. Had to go with artificial insemination after a year or 18 months of high dose HCG. I am 40 and my wife 37. We'll have close to an 11 year gap between kids. My hormone doc is calling it close to a miracle, but I just wanted to give some hope to those who are in the same position we were (my wife) that it is possible with the right meds and procedures.

Good luck to all.
    Test Monsterone and XnavyHMCS like this.

WeightsAreLife34 is offline New Member
    I just read this whole thread, disappointed there hasn’t been an update.

Hope all is well with the bicep. Can you update us on if you knocked her up?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information