Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Trying-Hard is offline Associate Member

1st cycle: test cyp @ 500mg/wk - 12 weeks!

I actually started a log in the general section, but someone pointed out I need to be logging my progress in this section.

I have worked very hard to get to where I am today, although I have been on and off for a long time and I wish I was consistent throughout all these years. I think I am at a stage in my life where I am 100% ready for gear. I started my very first pin last Thursday, 8/2 but I only took a .5cc (125 mg). Next week starts the real doses (250 Mon, 250 Thr) and the beginning of the full 12 week cycle. I am excited/nervous at the same time. But I think I am more excited. Anyway, here it goes....

Current Stats & measurements (cold):
    Stats:
    30 years old
    5'7 - flat footed (no shoes)
    180.0 lbs morning weight (upon awakening, in boxers, after bathroom) - assuming around 14%

Measurements:
    Arms: 18.5"
    Chest: 46.25"
    Shoulders: 52.5"
    Upper legs: 26"

Diet:
    M1: 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup oats (dry), 1 banana
    M2: 5 oz tuna, .5 tbs virgin olive oil, 2 slices of wheat bread
    M3 - 6-8 oz chicken breast, 2 cups rice, salad
    M4 - 2oz whole wheat pasta, 4 oz ground turkey, .5 cup prego sauce, salad
    M5 - 40g whey, 4 slices of whole wheat bread
    M6 PWO - 40g whey, 1 whole white bagel, 1tbs PB, 1 banana (I love this meal...YUM)
    M7 - .5cup cottage cheese, 1tb PB, cheese

Macros:
    Calories: 3,600
    Protein: 350
    Carbs: 400
    Fats: 80

Cycle & PCT:
    Cycle:
    week 1-14: Test cyp @ 500/wk (250 Sun, 250 Wed)
    week 5-14: HCG 500 IUs/wk (250 2x), pinning 2 days after cyp injections
    week 1-16: L-stane 10mg eod starting from first pin
    week 15 -16: HCG 1000 IUs/wk (500 2x)

PCT
    Week 17-20:
    Clomid: 100/50/50/50
    Nolva: 40/40/20/20

I am looking forward for all that's to come and logging my progress with you all.
    Last edited by Trying-Hard; 10-14-2012 at 12:06 PM.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Looks solid. . . I think the carbs a tad low. JMO

Thanks, Samson.

If I am not seeing strength/size gains like I want, I will certainly up the carbs by about 40-50 grams by adding 1 cup of brown rice to my 6th meal.
    Last edited by Trying-Hard; 08-05-2012 at 01:28 PM.

ANIMAL is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trying-Hard View Post
    Diet:
    M1: 7 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 3/4 cup oats (dry), 1 medium banana
    Total:645 calories/67g carbs/12g fat/56g protein/15g sugar
    breakfast looks good, only thing I would do is a full cup of oats.

M2: 1 cup non fat Greek yogurt, 1 cup berries, 1 scoop whey, .5oz almonds
    Total: 406 calories/36g carbs/8g fat/51g protein/25g sugar
    you don't gain anything with the berries. I know it's just flavor, but you would see much better results by switching to some ezekial granola or something along those lines for a carb, otherwise this meal looks good. If you ditched the berries you'd ditch the sugar as well.

Assuming this is when you goto the gym, if you switched the above meal with a complex carb you WILL see a difference in the gym, try it for a week.

M3 - PWO: 1 white bagel, 2 scoops whey
    Total: 510 calories/58g carbs/5g fat/56g protein/9g sugar
    this meal looks good.

M4 - PPWO: 2.25 oz whole wheat pasta, 6 oz lean ground beef, 1 cup Prego sauce
    Total: 668 calories/73g carbs/17g fat/57g protein/22g sugar
    I would ditch the prego sauce. Besides flavor it does nothing but add to calories/carb/sugar count that do nothing for your bulk. In my bulks I like to use 1% cottage cheese on my pasta. Kill 2 birds with one stone and it tastes good. Otherwise, this meal looks good.

M5 - 2 cans of tuna, 1 tbs mayo, 1/4 cup green onions
    Total: 250 calories/0g carbs/12g fat/36g protein
    Ditch the mayo, add extra virgin olive oil instead for GOOD fats. Mustard for flavor or even plain greek yogurt.

M6 - 6 oz chicken breast, 2/3 cup sweet peas, salad bowl
    Total: 245 calories/13g carbs/3g fat/44g protein/5g sugar
    This meal is perfect, just add extra virgin olive oil on the chicken.

M7 - 2 scoops whey, 1 tbs natural PB
    Total: 335 calories/10g carbs/11g fat/50g protein/4g sugar
    this meal is good

Total MACROS:
    Calories: 3,059
    Protein: 350g
    Carbs: 257g
    Fats: 60g
    Sugar: 80g

Macros:
    Calories: 3,100
    Protein: 300
    Carbs: 280
    Fats: 70
    Hey man, just shot over to your log and wanted to give you some feedback on your diet.

It looks pretty solid, I'd watch the sugar though. I wrote out the macros in your quote and gave my .02 cents on each meal. Hope you take some of the stuff into consideration.

I've always found on a bulk, I liked 50c/30p/20f for the macro split, which would bring your totals to around 390g carbs/230g protein/70g fat and I would keep 95% of that complex carbs. That just worked for me, and everyone is different. I do higher protein when on a cut, not a bulk.

I look forward to viewing your log and seeing your progress.

b23,

Your feedback is much appreciated. I will take your advice into consideration and make some changes.

I am carb sensetive which is why I like to keep the carbs on the lower side and I would also like to mention that my job is very sedentary where I sit behind a computer all day long, so other than the gym, I get very minimal activity.

I will do the following based on your suggestions:

-I will ditch the berries and add granola
    -I will try to dtich the prego sauce and add cottage cheese, but I am not gonna lie, sounds disgusting..LOL. Worse comes to worse, I will cut down on the sauce from 1 cup to .5 cup.
    -I will ditch the mayo on the tuna and substitute it with a little olive oil

I will incorporate your suggestions starting tomorrow. I think from that point forward my diet is pretty dialed in.

Thanks again, bro. Class act.
    Last edited by Trying-Hard; 08-06-2012 at 07:25 AM.

so today was the first shot that begins the 12 week cycle, and man was I nervous shooting in the quad! It took me about 15 mins to man up and inject. LOL

Once I injected, I did so in a very slow manner and I think that was a mistake. As soon as the pin (25G, 1") hit my muscle, my muscle had a spasm. I was like WTF. I ignored it (and wiped the sweat off of my forehead) and continued to press down on the pin through the muscle. Once all the way in, I tried to inject slowly and in a linear like manner, and that didn’t work either. As I tried to apply more pressure on the syringe, the syringe acted like it was "stuck" and would not inject. I pressed harder and...nothing. Pressed harder again and BOOM, injected a lot more than I wanted to due to the pressure I had on the syringe. I stopped immediately and tried again and this time, I was able to get the rest of the injection in smoothly.

b23,

Your feedback is much appreciated. I will take your advice into consideration and make some changes.

I am carb sensetive which is why I like to keep the carbs on the lower side and I would also like to mention that my job is very sedentary where I sit behind a computer all day long, so other than the gym, I get very minimal activity.

I will do the following based on your suggestions:

-I will ditch the berries and add granola (although, isn't granola also high in sugar like the berries? I am assuming your reasoning behind this choice instead of the berries is the complex carb part of the food, right?)
    -I will try to dtich the prego sauce and add cottage cheese, but I am not gonna lie, sounds disgusting..LOL. Worse comes to worse, I will cut down on the sauce from 1 cup to .5 cup.
    -I will ditch the mayo on the tuna and substitute it with a little olive oil

I will incorporate your suggestions starting tomorrow. I think from that point forward my diet is pretty dialed in.

Thanks again, bro. Class act.
    I sit at a desk all day as well, and besides the gym/cardio, I don't do any other exercise. But if you use your carbs as they were like gas in your car, then you don't have to worry about being sensitive to them.

I tell my clients carbs is like fuel in a gas tank. You can fill your car to FULL and drive 1 mile, leave your car and come back 1 day later and still have that FULL tank of gas, same thing goes for our bodies and carbs. Like FUEL is energy for cars, carbs is energy for humans. If we consume a bunch of carbs in one meal and not do any activities that require energy, our bodies hold onto the carbs for later use. If you continue eating carbs and then eventually goto the gym for example your body will feed off the carbs it has, but chances are you have too much and you don't utilize it all, making you carb sensitive. To compensate for that, you eat carbs to the point where you will use them as energy and nothing is stored.

The way your diet is setup having carbs in your first 2, lifting and then in the next 2 meals is perfect. In a bulk you're doing just that, bulking. If you were cutting the carb numbers wouldn't be so high and you would only do carbs in (breakfast/pre-workout/post workout).

Here is a link to the ezekial cereal/granola I was talking about. Add this to your yogurt: http://www.iherb.com/Food-For-Life-E...FYeo4AodMkkA0Q

Good carbs, no sugar.

LOL, Trust me, I thought when someone told me cold cottage cheese on hot pasta would taste disgusting, but it probably is one of my favorite meals. Add some pepper and give it a shot.

Thanks b23, much appreciated bro. It's a done deal! =)

GL on your cycle, you look great!

Subbed just to see where ur arms are gonna be post cycle as 18.5" arms at 5'7 and 180 is hugeee I'm 32 5'7 180 and my arms are really big when they're 17" so can't imagine yours.
    Before pics man????
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Prop_var_Testen View Post
    Subbed just to see where ur arms are gonna be post cycle as 18.5" arms at 5'7 and 180 is hugeee I'm 32 5'7 180 and my arms are really big when they're 17" so can't imagine yours.
    Before pics man????
    Good luck
    Thanks bro. It sucks that my arms grow at an astronomical rate yet my calves and hams could take a pounding for months and months and barely put any size on. I am REALLY going to focus a lot on legs throughout this 12 week cycle.

As far as pics, they will come...=)

Today, week 1, chest/tris.

Flat bench press:
    95x15 (warm up)
    135 x 15 (warm up)
    225 x 10
    245 x 8
    250 x 7

Incline bar (already warmed up, jumped right into it)
    205 x 7
    205 x 7
    205 x 6

Hammer incline machine (focus on volume)
    140 lbs x 12
    160 lbs x 8
    160 lbs x 6
    90 lbs x 10 (drop set)

Wanted to do one more exercise for chest but ran out of time. Then continued to tris and barely did anything because of stupid time. I will be changing the times I work out starting tomorrow for better workouts. Not looking to over-train, but looking to get an adamant workout in.

Pump was good, nothing out of the usual. Strength was basically the same, maybe 1 rep more than usual on the 250 reps.

Having some PIP from this morning (more than mild, less than severe). Tomorrow's leg workout is gonna have to wait until healed...

Blog Entries
    Arms: 18.5"
    Those are some beastly bi's. . . lol didn't even notice before.

What's your waist size?

I got my arms to right above 18", and I still feel like they need to be bigger. But, the rest of me is in proportion. My calves are the same size as my arms(maybe just a tad smaller).

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    Those are some beastly bi's. . . lol didn't even notice before.

What's your waist size?

I got my arms to right above 18", and I still feel like they need to be bigger. But, the rest of me is in proportion. My calves are the same size as my arms(maybe just a tad smaller).
    I am assuming waist size goes hand in hand with one's pant size, and my pants are between 32-34, depending on cut style. 34 is a little big though.

And it is definitely not my bi's that are big, it's my tris. My bi's suck ass..lol

Blog Entries
    I am assuming waist size goes hand in hand with one's pant size, and my pants are between 32-34, depending on cut style. 34 is a little big though.

And it is definitely not my bi's that are big, it's my tris. My bi's suck ass..lol
    Right on & word. . . It took me damn near forever to get to my current arm size.

So I am having severe pain in my quad that I injected in this morning. And I feel very drained and very tired / ached. Can this be the "test flu" people are talking about? Heck, I thought that was BS, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Trying-Hard
    So I am having severe pain in my quad that I injected in this morning. And I feel very drained and very tired / ached. Can this be the "test flu" people are talking about? Heck, I thought that was BS, lol.
    Happened to me last month I could not moove my leg for 3 days severeeeeee paiiiiiiin.
    I'm afraid of hitting quads for life though I hit calves bid and tris as my favorite spots but quaaaaads nooooooo f****** way
    It'll go away in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Prop_var_Testen View Post
    Happened to me last month I could not moove my leg for 3 days severeeeeee paiiiiiiin.
    I'm afraid of hitting quads for life though I hit calves bid and tris as my favorite spots but quaaaaads nooooooo f****** way
    It'll go away in a couple of days.
    Ya, that was the first and last quad injection EVER. From this point forward, it is the glutes for me. I may try delts...wallahie I can't move my leg...lol

BlueWaffle21 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Get some pics up from the start so we can see your progress!!!

The first injection in each spot is always the worst. Your body sees the gear and fights it as if it was an infection (that's where the sweats, chills and temperature come from). Usually lasts 24 hours. The pain in your leg will last a few days. The first 2 weeks of your first cycle is always rough.

Also, 25G is a small needle. The smaller the needle the more pressure it creates going into your muscle. Which is why a 22/23g is ideal.

Keep working through it! The reward is worth it!

I may go back to a 23g x 1.5 after the experience I had with the quad injection.

Anyway...stepped on the scale this morning and I was 178.0. We got a problem here...lol. I will monitor my weight for the next 10 days and if I keep on dropping weight, I will need some major revisions. But it just DOESN'T make sense. I sat down yesterday and looked at every single nutrional label on ALL my foods and I am getting damn near 3300 calories, 320g protein, 280g carbs, and 90g fats, and for someone that is 180 lbs, that is like a 800 calorie surplus.

We shall see what happens over the next 10 days....

I may go back to a 23g x 1.5 after the experience I had with the quad injection.

Anyway...stepped on the scale this morning and I was 178.0. We got a problem here...lol. I will monitor my weight for the next 10 days and if I keep on dropping weight, I will need some major revisions. But it just DOESN'T make sense. I sat down yesterday and looked at every single nutrional label on ALL my foods and I am getting damn near 3300 calories, 320g protein, 280g carbs, and 90g fats, and for someone that is 180 lbs, that is like a 800 calorie surplus.

We shall see what happens over the next 10 days....
    This is exactly what I told u not to do don't focus on the scale ur bf is a lil on the high side so with the androgens in ur body ur body would naturally wanna be leaner if u don't overeat a ton so u might have dropped 2 lbs in weight this could be a 4lbs fat drop with a 2lbs muscle increase and after ur at a bf% that ur new hormonal level is comfortable at u can up ur cals slowly to gain more muscle.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think one's body would drop any BF after only 1.5 pins total (375 mgs of test cyp)....unless I am mistaken.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think one's body would drop any BF after only 1.5 pins total (375 mgs of test cyp)....unless I am mistaken.
    Same as that ur body would not drop muscle with ur diet workout so don't get to exited workout get ur protein and carbs in
    And let the test do its magic gradually u don't wanna blow up and end ur cycle at 20% bf @ 200lbs only to try to cut back to a ripped 180 or lean 190 in another cycle do it in one cycle and drop fat while gaining lean solid mass u can keep remember its after ur cycle that ur gonna have to eat more to keep ur gains and ur gonna gain some bf any way so try to drop fat on cycle so u don't gain too much fat post not a pretty sight.
    Don't worry ur gonna gain a lot of muscle just be patient

I feel you bro..It's all good. Thanks.

Just got back from a back/bi's workout..Placebo effect is kicking in. Major lift for back was rack pulls, did 405 lbs for 12 reps. I could not do this before. Placebo Macebo, whatever..I will take it, lol.

End of week 1

Starting morning weight: 180.0
    End of week 1: 180.6

I guess all the PIP is paying off. I can't believe I am feeling what I am after 1.5 weeks.

Did bench press to start and 3 weeks ago I got 275 for 4 reps. Today I did it 7x.

My pump was to the point where it was hurting me. I am like a little kid in a candy store.

Oh, and weight is up to. I will report it at the end of the week..=)

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Keep it up buddy. Looking forward to your results. The scale means nothing, look at the mirror it will tell you more!!

Thanks, 3J. This cycle I am going to maintain my BF levels where they are now (assuming 13-14%) and just add LBM, but next cycle will be one where I will be in touch with you since I will want to be under 10% and I have never been there before. We will talk soon. =)

West Coast Winner is offline Associate Member
    You should upload some pictures man. Sounds like a great cycle!

End of week 2

Starting morning weight: 180.0
    End of week 1: 180.6
    End of week 2: 184.0

This week I decided to up the Arimidex from .25 eod to .5 eod to control the bloat a little better. But yesterday, and after hearing many of the veterans recommend L-stane as the better AI, I ordered it from ar-r and waiting on that. I will be running that at 10mg ED per Swifto's advice (or I may go 12.5mg eod - i'll research more).

Strength gains are starting to show, but nothing out of this world. For example, before cycle I could do 275 lbs on flat bench press for 3 clean reps, and last Monday I did it 6x clean (almost 7, spotter had to barely touch the bar)

I understand why people do Prop now, waiting 5 weeks for a long ester to kick in kind of sucks, lol. I am hoping within these next couple of weeks the Cyp will really start doing its job. =)

BTW, I replaced my batch of test cyp with a new batch and my god what a difference!!! no more PIP, thank god!
    Last edited by Trying-Hard; 08-19-2012 at 10:15 AM.

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Sweet log bro! not sure why nobody pointed out to you that PCT is late starting at 18 days after last pin. You must start PCT 14 days after last pin when using Test Cyp. 18 days would be if you choose Sustanon ... Either way, Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    Sweet log bro! not sure why nobody pointed out to you that PCT is late starting at 18 days after last pin. You must start PCT 14 days after last pin when using Test Cyp. 18 days would be if you choose Sustanon... Either way, Good Luck!
    Thanks, man. But be sure to look at the sticky here for PCT start times:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...s#.UDER5UL3B-0

I am highly confident that this is incorrect. Dig a little deeper and you will find that 14 days post is protocol... Unless something changed recenty and cyp is no longer the same as enan....

Calling all vets!

I am highly confident that this is incorrect. Dig a little deeper and you will find that 14 days post is protocol... Unless something changed recenty and cyp is no longer the same as enan....

Calling all vets!

14 days on cyp

Hmmm...interesting. I asked about it in the PCT section. I will see what the vets say, if anything. Thanks for the heads up.

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Keep it up buddy. Looks like your doing it.

arock1 is offline New Member
    seems like some solid progress going on. stay hard at it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Js View Post
    Keep it up buddy. Looks like your doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arock1 View Post
    seems like some solid progress going on. stay hard at it.
    Thanks all.

Today was chest day. Did pretty good. I can definitely see the strength gains coming in. Today I did 225 on incline bar for 11 reps, where 3 weeks ago my max was 8. Then I did 245 for 6 reps, where 3 weeks ago I did it 2x. So strength is getting there slowly but surely. I just started week 3 today and I am especially looking forward to weeks 5 and 6 as that is when I hear the strength and the physical gains really commence..=)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information