Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Var/Nolva stack female log

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    I only like focussing on 1 body part per session, just personal preference.

I train 3 days on and then have a rest day, some times i train 2 days on and take a rest day if i feel a bit burned out.

Looks something like this, its never always on the same order i like mixing it about. My legs are decent so focussing on upper body only at the min, i do maintenance squats just to keep the legs working once a week

Chest
    Biceps
    Off
    Triceps
    Back
    Shoulders
    Off

Some prefer working 2 bodyparts in a session, but when i think of you doing arms and shoulders, i just couldnt do all of that in one go, id rather blast biceps only for an hour, or shoulders, or tris, it would be impossible for me to train 2 bodyparts or more id be there forever lol
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 01-01-2016 at 04:35 PM.

megang is offline Female Member
    I like to hit every muscle twice a week due to trying to add some fullness and size (in some areas like my back and shoulders). I am looking at starting Jim Stoppani's Six-Week Shortcut To Shred from bodybuilding.com I wouldn't be following his diet since I have coaches for that.

Jim Stoppani's Six-Week Shortcut To Shred

A lot of knowledged members here say every 5 days is probably the best, anything shorter and theres not enough rest for growth.

If your training a bodypart every 3.5 days theres not enough healing time for growth, it may be good for cutting or toning but for muscle tissue to grow it needs time off.

Most train each bodypart every 7 days, this is what i do

But at the minute i need my chest to catch up, its a little flat looking and needs thickened so im hitting it every 5 days instead of every 7,

over a month its getting trained twice more than every other body part which is allowing it to catch up to the rest of my body, but also im avoiding over training it by doing it every 5 days. I and many believe training something every 3 days is going to prevent growth.

Personaly my muscle are so tender i couldnt train it every 3 days anyway.

I trained my chest on tuesday, im now at friday and its still tender (tender feeling will probably be gone by saturday)

If your managing to train a bodypart every 2 or 3 days, then maybe you arent training hard enough? I know that may be hard to take in but most including myself stop when really we could push more

Do you lift to true failure or just stop when it hurts?

I have just joined a much better gym than Planet Fitness and now feel like I can really challenge myself. I have been trying to just go by what fits in a week but maybe I will just do a rotation, maybe something like the following:
    Day 1: Chest/Triceps
    Day 2: Legs
    Day 3: Back/Biceps
    Day 4: Shoulders/Calves
    Day 5: only cardio
    Day 6: Chest/Triceps
    Day 7: Legs
    Day 8: Back/Biceps
    Day 9: Shoulders/Calves
    Day 10: cardio
    ETC

Looks pretty good, one thing i would say is REST is important, your only taking 1 day off the weights a week then doing cardio on that day.

If your looking to grow you need atleast 2 rest days every 8 days in my opinion.

If your having 1 rest day every 7 days (which is already kind of pushing it) then your burning energy on that day by doing cardio is going to prevent growth.

You need rest and on that rest day do nothing but eat your food and drink water, your body needs energy to grow

Sometimes i take 2 rest days in a row and although i feel bored i definatley benefit from it.
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 01-02-2016 at 02:48 AM.

s4nchez is offline New Member
    you look great ! nice defination.

My cardio isn't crazy, either the Arc Trainer or a combination of walking lunges and walking at an incline.

I am taking today as a rest day, my shoulders are toast. I did have to work today which meant I ended up having to do a lot of walking. According to my FitBit Charge HR, as of 4:51 I have already burned 1901 calories since midnight.

As of 9:15pm est I have burned about 2200 calories, due to work mainly. If I don't work it is much lower.

weight for my checkin today is 148.6 so most of the water weight from vacation is gone. I feel so much better being back on track with my diet and training. My body does feel a bit abused, especially my shoulders. So here starts the beginning of my new workout schedule which is the Kris Gethin's DTP: 4 Weeks To Maximum Muscle off of bodybuilding.com
    Sunday: legs/upper abs
    Monday: cardio
    Tuesday: chest/back
    Wednesday: cardio
    Thursday: arms/lower abs
    Friday: cardio
    Saturday: shoulders/traps

cardio will be simple, no high intensity, something just to keep me moving and blood flowing so like walking on an incline

I am also starting my cutting stack from anabolics.com. I will keep you posted on effects and how I feel. They had another stack called summer stack which is another cutting stack but the only difference is they took out the Tren 75 and put in Var 10. I do have 2 months of the cutting stack then I will take a month off and depending on the results I might do another cycle or try something else.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160103_080219.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	161086

Name:	20160103_080232.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	161087

Name:	20160103_080245.jpg 
Views:	161 
ID:	161088

Name:	20160103_080259.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	161089

Name:	20160103_080343.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	161090

Name:	20160103_080322.jpg 
Views:	258 
ID:	161091

Name:	20160103_080401.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	161092

Name:	20160103_080421.jpg 
Views:	135 
ID:	161093
    gym_964 likes this.

Some reason it didn't post my abdominal and thigh pic and it won't let me attach any more....If I try through the app it crashes....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Var/Nolva stack female log-forumrunner_20160103_094315.jpg  

Nevermind it looks like it worked...

Hard to get good leg shots after training them....now I am sitting in the sauna

Name:	ForumRunner_20160103_142856.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	161099

my hunger today has been unreal! I am hoping my body adjusts a little.....otherwise this might be a long cycle.....otherwise so far I have been actually really energized and focused. When I was on the phone with my mom on the way to the gym I felt like I was even talking faster than normal and was catching myself and forcing myself to slow down
    Last edited by megang; 01-03-2016 at 03:48 PM. Reason: adding

Your hunger maybe because your training too much and therefore burning a shed load of calories, just a guess!
    I still stand by what i said in previous posts if you want to grow take some rest days where you are literaly laying around the sofa for a full day, does the body wonders

Hey btw, that phone you have is freaking huge lol do you walk around the gym with that? Its like a tablet

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Feeling hunger is good, no!?! When I walk around not hungry it means I am eating too much

actually the phone is half that width...it's in a case that flips open, it's a Galaxy S5 Active At least I am not carrying around my iPad 2!

There is a difference between when I was hungry before and my hunger now, it is much stronger! I am going to assume it is from the stack. I will be trying different timings as far as when I take it WITH a meal, before, during or after. Yesterday I took it after, today will be during. Then tomorrow during work I will take them right before I eat, like food in front of me and ready to eat. I don't really want to take it on an empty stomach.

Then again it could also be that I am not busy like I would be at work to keep my mind occupied.....

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Feeling hunger is good, no!?! When I walk around not hungry it means I am eating too much
    If one is trying to bulk, feeling hungry imo isnt a good idea.

If one is cutting, then yea maybe when your hungry your body will start burning fat, and probably some muscle.

Megan is trying to grow muscle tissue, so id thought feeling strongly hungry would be bad for her goals.

It must be tough for women trying to nail their diet as they can gain fat quicker than males etc, you guys must have to be so careful =/

Earlier she said she was cutting. Sounds like she's actually in recomp so a little hunger isn't awful esp since coming off a week of festivities.

Constant persistent hunger wasn't my interpretation. If so then adjust calories up by 100 or 150 tops for a few weeks.

definitely a recomp, the goal is to lean out while trying to add lean mass if possible. I don't know if my caloric intake will necessarily allow for it but we shall see

Ah sorry i missed that i thought you were looking to bulk up from that bodybuilding.com workout you posted

here is the program I am doing currently: Kris Gethin's DTP: 4 Weeks To Maximum Muscle

Post chest and back today, the workout just seemed a bit short as it only took 30 mins with the correct length breaks between sets so I added an extra chest and back exercise

Name:	ForumRunner_20160105_174750.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	161123

Today was cardio so no cool pics but here is one from after yesterday's arm workout

Name:	ForumRunner_20160108_202859.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	161170

Shoulders look awesome. You like working back too. Hard work pays off!

Looking more defined in your recent pic megan well done

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan
    Looking more defined in your recent pic megan well done
    I noticed as well. She's pushing hard!

Post shoulders and traps....that was probably one of the hardest workouts I have done....movements I haven't done in awhile combined with what I haven't combined them with....only took like 30 mins but ouch...

Name:	ForumRunner_20160109_165638.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	161186

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

I noticed as well. She's pushing hard!
    Thank you! I think changing my training routine is making a difference

145.2 this morning

Name:	ForumRunner_20160110_104833.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	161195

Name:	ForumRunner_20160110_104846.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	161196

Name:	ForumRunner_20160110_104855.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	161197

Name:	ForumRunner_20160110_104903.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	161198

Starting to see some more leaning out esp in midd section!!!

Curious. Where did the judges suggest you work on during your last completion?

wider/thicker back, wider shoulders which means slightly bigger arms more so triceps than biceps, legs were good as far as size just fullness especially in the hamstrings. pretty much need to make my waist look smaller

Trained arms today, feeling like I am retaining water

Name:	ForumRunner_20160114_185605.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	161278

I agree. Check diet for hidden sodium. Egg whites for ex. Some are high; some low - depends on brand.

I need to take out the cheese....I have been really craving pizza and have been eating cheese this week....

What kind of cheese and how often you been eating it?

Your probably best off just having a pizza as your cheat meal once a week rather than compensating the craving with multiple sessions of cheese feasting

I would only touch cottage cheese myself, and even that i try to keep very low amounts through the week
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 01-15-2016 at 03:01 AM.

I don't have cheese in my plan so any cheese is of right now. What I have been eating is the Velveeta slices. Normally I can have it with my eggs and be ok but this week it's been crazy and I have had way too much of it, like at least 2 servings at a time. I am going to get back to no dairy

Quote Originally Posted by megang
    I don't have cheese in my plan so any cheese is of right now. What I have been eating is the Velveeta slices. Normally I can have it with my eggs and be ok but this week it's been crazy and I have had way too much of it, like at least 2 servings at a time. I am going to get back to no dairy
    Avocados. I eat 1/2 avocado with my eggs. Love it!

I have investigated diets of female contestants. Cheese and dairy typically not on the plan. :/ Cottage cheese maybe. Velveeta never. For me it's just comes down to willpower and consistency. Tastebuds can be

Yeah I just need to stay away from cheese but the crazy part is that one of my ankles is more swollen than the other

Yeah I just need to stay away from cheese but the crazy part is that one of my ankles is more swollen than the other
    Do u have an injury? Or an irritation? Likely not since u haven't mentioned.

You are drinking plenty of water!

Did you test the var? I think you did but remind me pls.

Var and Nolva cause water retention. I was considering running a stack with Nolva and the members here talked me thru it explaining there are far superior compounds. (And in full disclosure, var does nothing for me. Except water retention :/ )

Hmmm. I am retaining some water lately but I have been eating haphazardly.

The only thing I am sure. If your diet isn't on target, your results will be less then expected. If you are eating any processed food, check labels for sodium content. And as soon as you cycle off, that extra water will disappear.

BTW. How long are you running this cycle? Is it time to hop off?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread Information