Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    moush is offline Senior Member
    thanks inky-e

a little update...im back in action as far as ADL goes...i can walk straight, no pain, im able to drive and sleep in my own bed too (i was sleeping in a chair!!)

i gotta go back to the doc in 2 weeks and ill find out if i can start cardio to shed some bodyfat and then about 3-4 weeks after start lifting again and fill out and then cut down to 6% bf but this time ill hav e a 6 pack with no more skin!!!

awntzu is offline Junior Member
    yeahhh

exodito is offline Junior Member
    Great motivation for me, I haven't seen my abs in years and now trying to cut my bf down.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    And this was all done without AAS..just goes to show that Diet, Excercise and Consistency are the real recipe.
    ***No source checks!!!***

hells yea muriloninja...i did it with the right foods, knowledge from this forum, and magazines i read thru the years. This coming March the 18th to be exact will be 11 years that I have been working out and cleaning my diet up each and every year. Right now im recovering trying to keep bf away and keep my muscle but i plan on coming back strong (with muscle memory) and use the STS program by Ronnie with great results again. I may plan on doing a cycle for the first time...i dont know it all depends. Im just hoping to get my mass back before the surgery and cut down to 6% bf like this past April.

I just got back from my doc and he almost gave me the ok to start lifting but i told him that i want everything to heal correctly theres no rush to get back into lifting yet so he told me to start with the cardio first and wait 2 weeks til my next appointment. I am on a high protein, med carb, med fat diet right now.

MikedaMan57 is offline Junior Member
    Dude,

you are an inspiration... I am just getting back into the gym and you are living proof that if i work hard I can change my body drastically in a short amount of time...

any way you could post that Muscle and Fitness routine?

and what specific products did you use?? haha... sorry man but you look like a great blueprint to follow

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    older post but hell very good job bro keep it up

thanks bro!

I wanted to share my story with you guys about how the weight loss and current obsession with lifting/bodybuilding came about. Here goes:

At 15 years old I weighed 285 lbs and I decided I needed to lose weight because everybody in school made fun of me, and I felt like I was the only one without a girlfriend. So my sophmore into my junior year in high school I decided I needed to lose weight because I was fed up with the lack of a social life.

I explored a couple different diet ranging from some fruit diet to the cabbage soup diet. None worked, until one day my father came home with a book - The Atkins Diet. I tried it, I liked it because I got to eat meat, cheese, and veggies all day. I stuck to the diet and somewhere in there I was introduced to weight training by one of my friends, so I started to lift and lose weight but the problem was I couldnt get stronger due to the lack of carbs (i know this now, but i didnt then). So after 7 months of dieting and playing basketball, mountain biking, and lifting I lost 100 lbs!

I came back the following year (junior yr) and found a girlfriend! Go figure. I stuck through the lifting all through high school and went off to Rutgers University after my senior year. Due to the experience of weight loss and exercise I had an interest in nutrition and exercise so I majored in Nutritional Sciences at Rutgers University. While at school I bulked up from 200 to 235 lbs but i quickly realized that it didnt look good so I decided to do lots of cardio and eating a little cleaner. I cut down to about 215 lbs but i plateaued.

Finally after 5 years, I got my Bachelors degree and in the mean time was in the process of still cutting down. After a summer of working as a physical therapy aide, I decided to attend a community school where I could get my Certificate in Exercise Science. What I learned in the classroom was directly applied to my daily eating and exercise regiment which led me to make a complete lifestyle change in October of 2006. I decided to plan out a schedule for eating, so I started wei***ng out my foods and dividing them into 6 portions involving rotating carbohydrate days (high, med, and low carb days) with carbs decreasing as the day went on. The main focus of this diet was fatloss since Ive been troubled with being overweight my whole life. I loved it even more than the Atkins diet because i got to eat every 2.5 hrs on the dot and who doesnt love to eat! I felt great on this diet, and it provided me with all the necessary nutrients to decrease bodyfat and maintain muscle mass.

As the diet went on there was more focus on low carb days with a high carb day every 5-6 days. The purpose of the high carb day was to bring back glycogen stores and rev up the metabolism. My training began at 5 am with 1 hour of cardio on the elliptical followed by my lifting session, (one body part a day) and then another 30 min bout of cardio on the treadmill on an incline. I also did cardio for an hour on the weekends as well. All cardio was done on an empty stomach. As i got more and more into the program I began picking up magazines and reading up on the forums about nutrition, and different lifting techniques.
    I began modifying my diet to include better PWO nutrition since that is the most important meal of the day to help recovery and replenish glycogen stores. I changed my training to a higher intensity program, which increased my heart rate to increase fat loss. Everything at this point was going great because everything i learned in the classroom was directly applied to what I was doing for my diet and training. I quickly changed my cardio routine to be done after weights to help preserve that energy and put it towards my training to help keep my strength up. Doing cardio PWO also lead to greater fatloss due to higher GH levels after weights. At this point I was eating about 55-60 g protein/meal with about 70-80 g carbs the whole day. I felt great and by August of 2007, I was at an unbelieveable 6% bodyfat at 190 lbs! I reached my goal and then some! I looked the best I ever have in my life and it felt so great. I never thought I could get so lean but all that hard work was worth it.

Since then I discovered Ronnie Rowland, the man who has given me new inspiration in weight training. I started using his Slingshot Training System and gained 25-30 lbs (225-230 - not too fat) with huge gains in strength that I had never seen before. On Feb 13th, I under went surgery to remove excess skin from my abdomen due to the excessive weight loss at 15 yrs old. Even at 6% I had skin hanging off and I was sick and tired of trying to get rid of it, so I had the surgery and recovered a lot quicker than I ever expected but I can attribute that to being young, healthy and having good nutrition. I still ate 5-6 meals a day and within a month I was back in the gym lifting weights!

I have just finished week 2 of Ronnies 4 day STS split with a lean bulk. I am gaining my strength back and I have put on some great size with a decent bodyfat %. My goal is to cut down for the summer and be about 200-210 lbs at 6% bf. I plan on competing sometime in the fall or spring of next year after I put on a little more size.

MikedaMan57 is offline Junior Member
    awesome...

did you have your post workout shake before or after your post lift cardio???

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    Quite the transformation. You look like a completely different person compared to your first pics!

i had a PWO protein shake after all exercise and about 30 min later i would take down carbs like oatmeal and protein such as eggs, and ground turkey. Pre-exercise i took BCAAs, glutamine, taurine, arginine, acetyl-l-carnitine and creatine all mixed up in crystal lite lemonade

a lot of people say that thats not me which is pretty interesting.
    Last edited by moush; 03-28-2008 at 06:58 PM.

jacked1jr79 is offline New Member
    great job keep up the good work.

knb1989 is offline New Member
    ya brotha your an inspiration. I used to weigh 240, down to about 190ish now but I'm still a little flabby in the belly area. You give guys like me hope.

Bullyson is offline Associate Member
    That is just f***ing amazing. C-grats Bro! Keep it up!

roy26 is offline Junior Member
    Looking good bro keep up the good work

welshmaster is offline Junior Member
    Incredible change, probably the most drastic before-after pictures i have ever seen.
    Impressive turn around, congratulations.

thanks welsh!

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    ya dude good stuff... I would love to see the post op pics when you feel comfortable posting them...

ypatingasisburys is offline New Member
    Nice job man

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    ^^new pics??
    awesome moush!!

I will have pics up shortly! I've been hittin the gym real hard and clean bulking with great success! I am 220 lbs at about 12% bf and still vascular! I am currently using Slingshot Training with amazing results thanks to Ronnie! I will begin cutting on the 28th of April. Im hoping to come in at 200 lbs at 6% this summer!

torontodude is offline Member
    Shit brother, amazing transformation!!!
    Keep it up.

moregunsthanroses is offline Associate Member
    I posted in your other thread but this was the one I was looking at a few months ago which motivated me. thanks moush you helped me lose 10+lbs of fat in the last few months

thats great moregunsthanroses! Keep up the good work bro...its all in the long haul - just keep that in mind.

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member
    holi crap lookin sik bro!

B*R*A*D UK is offline Associate Member
    realley good work just shows what u can do.

Sehr is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moush View Post
    hey GGallin I thought about it a million times and yes you are correct it is extra skin...here are the pics of those days...I used to weigh 285 lbs up until 10th grade I was a size 48 pant shopping Big and Tall
    Dude its most remarkable in your face for me, your face looks so much better, the loss of fat on the face just did wonders, looking good man.

Quote Originally Posted by thetank View Post
    sick transformation bro...thats ****in amazing..natural too..incredible man, incredible.
    He didint use anabolics?

anyone with any suggestions for bulking without excessive weight gain...i would like to maintain my leanness and put on some size and be at 200lbs even
    If you want to get stronger without getting bigger just look at my topic, i have direct quotes from some books and stuff, the topic wasnt originally about that, but its still in there. Look me up.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Last ones from Mar 07
    that is an awesome transformation. i know you found diet to be key. when you realize that the gains start coming

mkcay7979 is offline Associate Member
    good job bro

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    that is an awesome transformation. i know you found diet to be key. when you realize that the gains start coming
    very true!!

a new pic of me at 215 lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My transformation-picture056.jpg  

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Man, Fantastic results! I would love to know your diet!!! A HUGE CONGRATS!

manwitplans is offline Senior Member
    Looks good man, nice progress

finny1000 is offline Junior Member
    how long has your full transformation took you?
    you look great.

xpon22s is offline New Member
    wow bro thats great im going threw the same right now i lost 90 lbs last year about 30 more to go you have given me some thing to look forward to . plus this site is great a lot of positve people here to help and give advice

mauler is offline Associate Member
    dude that transformation is amazing , damn

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    great job man, you deserve it all the way for all the hard work and dedication youve put into it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information