Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 232829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,320 of 1586
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: ** The ASK GB ANYTHING thread (diet/nutrition related) **

  1. #1281
    mockery's Avatar
    mockery is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Diet forum
    Posts
    1,838
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    ^^ not following you... is this a trick question or something!?
    not a tricky question.

    if this macros set up of the food i have available to me in Australia is correct, this shake or protein porridge is 1000 calories give or take. Tastes amazing and is so easy to make and consume for its calorie count. Seems to be too good to be true, ive gone over it time and time again, you know i over think everything and re research like crazed scientist. so im just asking for a second opinion on if i missed something

  2. #1282
    cj111's Avatar
    cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,320
    Can I ask you something?

  3. #1283
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    not a tricky question.

    if this macros set up of the food i have available to me in Australia is correct, this shake or protein porridge is 1000 calories give or take. Tastes amazing and is so easy to make and consume for its calorie count. Seems to be too good to be true, ive gone over it time and time again, you know i over think everything and re research like crazed scientist. so im just asking for a second opinion on if i missed something
    Idk man, I think it's fine - IIFYM, right?

    Really though - it's obviously a big meal... personally I don't do 1,000 calorie meals while cutting, but if that works for you - and you enjoy the meal - then by all means, have at it!

    Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    Can I ask you something?
    Anytime brother!

  4. #1284
    mockery's Avatar
    mockery is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Diet forum
    Posts
    1,838
    Blog Entries
    1
    im gonna IIFYM you!!

    ive found for me , with lean body recomp 3-4 meals > 6-8 meals so i dont mind getting in all my calories in just a few meals. Especially more i learn about hormone release in the body and digestive break down. not saying old school graze all day so you dont lose muscle is wrong. Just not for me.

    but in terms of a serving size its that of a shaker cup. Just calorie dense.

  5. #1285
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    im gonna IIFYM you!!

    ive found for me , with lean body recomp 3-4 meals > 6-8 meals so i dont mind getting in all my calories in just a few meals. Especially more i learn about hormone release in the body and digestive break down. not saying old school graze all day so you dont lose muscle is wrong. Just not for me.
    I'm cutting on 4 meals/day + a PWO shake, so I hear ya. I may knock it down to 3 meals so I can eat more at once.

    Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    but in terms of a serving size its that of a shaker cup. Just calorie dense.
    Sounds like my protein smoothie I have preworkout, only more calorie dense. Mine is upwards of 600 calories but can easily be adjusted to be more/less without sacrificing much in terms of taste.

  6. #1286
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,224
    Hey GB, I am eating about 100-115g of carbs a day. When should I have a carb up/refeed day? Or should I?

  7. #1287
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Hey GB, I am eating about 100-115g of carbs a day. When should I have a carb up/refeed day? Or should I?
    Depends on a lot of factors... your training and cardio schedule, primary goal, etc. If you're looking to lose bodyfat but are still lifting heavy, maybe every 7-10 days with heavy workouts to follow a couple days after.

  8. #1288
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,224
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

    Depends on a lot of factors... your training and cardio schedule, primary goal, etc. If you're looking to lose bodyfat but are still lifting heavy, maybe every 7-10 days with heavy workouts to follow a couple days after.
    I am starting to do triathlon training so lots of cardio in my future. I also, however, would like to put on some mass while doing so but I know that will be tough. I plan to cycle in May after I get some BW done first. I am doing heavy lifting once-twice a week but have not been doing the cardio that I am about to indulge in the next 3 months.

  9. #1289
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    I am starting to do triathlon training so lots of cardio in my future. I also, however, would like to put on some mass while doing so but I know that will be tough. I plan to cycle in May after I get some BW done first. I am doing heavy lifting once-twice a week but have not been doing the cardio that I am about to indulge in the next 3 months.
    If you're not really going to be doing (much) heavy lifting, you probably only need to refeed every 10-14 days... but you should base this on how you feel. How low will carbs be typically?

    ~GB

  10. #1290
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,224
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    If you're not really going to be doing (much) heavy lifting, you probably only need to refeed every 10-14 days... but you should base this on how you feel. How low will carbs be typically?

    ~GB
    i am trying to stay in the 100g carb range daily. don't really have any low low days planned as i feel i will need the carbs when training twice a day. what do you think about that?

  11. #1291
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    i am trying to stay in the 100g carb range daily. don't really have any low low days planned as i feel i will need the carbs when training twice a day. what do you think about that?
    At 100g/day with no low/off days, I see no immediate need to refeed. Every 14 days would probably be plenty tbh.

  12. #1292
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,224
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    At 100g/day with no low/off days, I see no immediate need to refeed. Every 14 days would probably be plenty tbh.
    thanks! that's what i was thinking as i have not felt lethargic yet, only after my workouts.

  13. #1293
    jasc's Avatar
    jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,310
    GB, what are your thoughts on using Caffeine Anhydrous to boost energy while your carbs are low - zero while cutting?

  14. #1294
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    thanks! that's what i was thinking as i have not felt lethargic yet, only after my workouts.
    To be expected!

    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    GB, what are your thoughts on using Caffeine Anhydrous to boost energy while your carbs are low - zero while cutting?
    I use caffeine all the time... actually getting a double dose right now in the am as I add instant coffee to my preworkout smoothie and am now taking Animal Cuts on top of it. No problems with it here, I still sleep at night.

  15. #1295
    armyranger516862006's Avatar
    armyranger516862006 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    346
    Hey GH!! Quick question. I am starting to cut down the bodyfat before i began a cycle. I am 270lbs 25%BF 6ft. What should my macros look like (Estimate)? I am gonna stick with 2500 Calories but not 100% sure of the Macros?
    I workout at 430PM.

  16. #1296
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by armyranger516862006 View Post
    Hey GH!! Quick question. I am starting to cut down the bodyfat before i began a cycle. I am 270lbs 25%BF 6ft. What should my macros look like (Estimate)? I am gonna stick with 2500 Calories but not 100% sure of the Macros?
    I workout at 430PM.
    I'd start with filling in your protein - for you, 300g would be plenty - that's roughly 1.5g/lb of LBM (LBM is about 200lbs based on the stats you provided). That leaves you 1300 calories to play with. Fats at around 60g should be plenty, leaving you with room for about 200g carbs. How you want to work those in is up to you... i.e. run them the same every day, carb cycle high/low/moderate, etc. Carbs are always the X-factor for me, and I allow my training regimen (and goals) to determine how to set them up.

  17. #1297
    >Good Luck<'s Avatar
    >Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bed, work, gym, kitchen
    Posts
    3,212
    Hey GB, first I'd like to thank you for taking the time to help anyone and everyone here interested in diet and nutrition! Guys like you really keep this forum alive and useful, and it's already helping me achieve my goals.

    What i'd like your opinion on is BODY RECOMPOSITION

    is this a reality or just a dream? Can one lower bf and maintain body weight? I'd like to cut bf in the near future so I'm not on the famous 5 year bulking plan, but I don't want to drop body weight. I'm currently at the end of a bulk and 175lbs @ 14-16% by estimation. I really don't care to be 8% but a solid 12 would be suitable for my desire. I just don want to dip down into the 160's as it's been hard for me to go up from my start weight of 130 just a couple years ago. I like my new weight and frame, but the little belly fat has to go sooner or later. Any input would be appreciated!

    Cheers

  18. #1298
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    Hey GB, first I'd like to thank you for taking the time to help anyone and everyone here interested in diet and nutrition! Guys like you really keep this forum alive and useful, and it's already helping me achieve my goals.
    Thanks for the kind words brother, I always appreciate getting feedback like this!

    Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    What i'd like your opinion on is BODY RECOMPOSITION

    is this a reality or just a dream?
    Man, it's a definite reality. I'm not just speaking from a broscience standpoint; I've seen it, and more importantly, I've done it. About a year and a half ago I recomp'd from roughly 195lbs @ 15% bodyfat to 193lbs @ ~10%. Now, I won't sit here and lie telling you I did so naturally, because I didn't. However, that doesn't mean it can't be done. As I've said, I've seen it happen.

    I wish Fireguy was around, he'd really be able to give you some good feedback on recomp'ing. He taught me so much when I first got to this board, and he's a HUGE believer in recomp's - he's adamantly against the bulk/cut/bulk/cut perpetual cycle (which he spent 10 years of his early career doing). I remember him telling me how he'd do this and put on a ton of weight, mostly fat - and after he spent months cutting (which is grueling), he'd wind up about 1lb heavier (LBM) which he could have achieved by slowly adding mass while reducing bodyfat. I'll try and find the post where he explained this so eloquently, and I'll post it up here for you. Idk if you're familiar with him, but anybody here who is will tell you he's one of the top guys on this board. Competitive bodybuilder, many shows (some 1st place wins as well) under his belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    Can one lower bf and maintain body weight? I'd like to cut bf in the near future so I'm not on the famous 5 year bulking plan, but I don't want to drop body weight. I'm currently at the end of a bulk and 175lbs @ 14-16% by estimation. I really don't care to be 8% but a solid 12 would be suitable for my desire. I just don want to dip down into the 160's as it's been hard for me to go up from my start weight of 130 just a couple years ago. I like my new weight and frame, but the little belly fat has to go sooner or later. Any input would be appreciated!

    Cheers
    Can you increase LBM and reduce bodyfat at the [B]exact [B]same time? No. But over the course of a year, or a few years... adding a few lbs of LBM and reducing bodyfat by X lbs will change a physique dramatically. Let me try and find FG's post where he does a better job of explaining this than I do.

  19. #1299
    >Good Luck<'s Avatar
    >Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bed, work, gym, kitchen
    Posts
    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

    Thanks for the kind words brother, I always appreciate getting feedback like this!

    Man, it's a definite reality. I'm not just speaking from a broscience standpoint; I've seen it, and more importantly, I've done it. About a year and a half ago I recomp'd from roughly 195lbs @ 15% bodyfat to 193lbs @ ~10%. Now, I won't sit here and lie telling you I did so naturally, because I didn't. However, that doesn't mean it can't be done. As I've said, I've seen it happen.

    I wish Fireguy was around, he'd really be able to give you some good feedback on recomp'ing. He taught me so much when I first got to this board, and he's a HUGE believer in recomp's - he's adamantly against the bulk/cut/bulk/cut perpetual cycle (which he spent 10 years of his early career doing). I remember him telling me how he'd do this and put on a ton of weight, mostly fat - and after he spent months cutting (which is grueling), he'd wind up about 1lb heavier (LBM) which he could have achieved by slowly adding mass while reducing bodyfat. I'll try and find the post where he explained this so eloquently, and I'll post it up here for you. Idk if you're familiar with him, but anybody here who is will tell you he's one of the top guys on this board. Competitive bodybuilder, many shows (some 1st place wins as well) under his belt.

    Can you increase LBM and reduce bodyfat at the exact same time? No. But over the course of a year, or a few years... adding a few lbs of LBM and reducing bodyfat by X lbs will change a physique dramatically. Let me try and find FG's post where he does a better job of explaining this than I do.
    Thanks gb, I'm looking forward to learning whatever I can. And to be more clear, i don't plan to go natural, but there will be some points where I'll take longer breaks off gear, and learning how to do it both ways would be awesome.

  20. #1300
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    Thanks gb, I'm looking forward to learning whatever I can. And to be more clear, i don't plan to go natural, but there will be some points where I'll take longer breaks off gear, and learning how to do it both ways would be awesome.
    GL - below is the quote I was referring to. This was Fireguy's advice to me quite a few years ago when I was looking for advice on whether I should bulk or cut.

    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    Let me see if I can address most of this without leaving anything out.

    GBrice-I assumed your propensity to store fat off of what you stated about already losing 70lbs. A very large percentage of people eat like crap and do *ero exercise yet are still under 180lbs. They don’t have any muscle and are in terrible shape they just don’t accumulate fat as much as others. The fact that you did tells me you are more apt than others for fat gain. I could be wrong, just going on what the facts would suggest. You stated you gained all this fat over the course of 7 years. Usually time gained=time to return. I am not saying it’s going to take you a full 7 years but this is not something you should expect in a week, a month or even a year. It may well take you 3-5 years to build the lean, muscular look you are aiming for. I had nearly 6 years of being totally devoted to diet and training before I entered my first show in the novice class.

    As far as cutting, bulking and lean bulking I guess many people have different definitions for what each imply. If you consider lean bulking to be slowly adding muscle while slowly losing fat, I am all for it. I assume that’s what 90% of the members on these forums are trying to achieve. This brings to light the question everyone asks, can you build muscle and lose fat at the same time. I have heard several people say “no” to this but I would say “yes”. First we need to define “time”. If we are talking about the exact same moment, maybe not but over the course of a month or longer I guarantee you people can add muscle while losing fat. I have hundreds of body comps and pictures that show this to be a fact. To accomplish this you should be close to your TDEE in calories, slightly over would be optimum and need to be doing cardio. I constantly hear how cardio inhibits muscle growth, I call BS on that as well. If your diet is dialed in cardio should not set back muscle growth.

    Keeping your body fat in the 10-14% range should allow you to add all the muscle you can. Going over that just means you are overeating and/or eating the wrong foods. Also, I am a firm believer in the ability to lower your bodies “fat thermostat” What I mean is the longer you stay lean the more of a chance you have at adjusting your bodies homeostasis to a lower bodyfat %.

    Sticking with a solid eating, training and nutrition plan should enable you to naturally gain a good 5lbs of muscle while losing at least that many lbs of fat per year. You may be able to do even a bit better than that due to the fact you are just starting out. Do that for 3 years in a row and you will have added 15lbs of muscle while losing at least that much fat along the way. That will completely transform your physique.

  21. #1301
    oatmeal69's Avatar
    oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    2,271
    Love this. It shows my thoughts are on the right track.

  22. #1302
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    Love this. It shows my thoughts are on the right track.
    Yep. I thought this would be a fitting link for you.

  23. #1303
    >Good Luck<'s Avatar
    >Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    bed, work, gym, kitchen
    Posts
    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

    GL - below is the quote I was referring to. This was Fireguy's advice to me quite a few years ago when I was looking for advice on whether I should bulk or cut.
    That's exactly what i hoped to read. Thanks for going out of your way to dig that up. It makes perfect sense and puts things into perspective. It's also reassuring to know that you applied this knowledge and achieved the results. Over the next few months I will be preparing for my recomp and I am confident that I will be more progressive than if I try to cut. One last question (or now lol) is how long after a bulk should one wait before starting a recomp? Sounds less "dangerous" than cutting and probably won't have as much chance of attacking my new muscle mass

  24. #1304
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    That's exactly what i hoped to read. Thanks for going out of your way to dig that up.
    Anytime brother.

    Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    It makes perfect sense and puts things into perspective. It's also reassuring to know that you applied this knowledge and achieved the results.
    Thanks! Always a work in progress though, right!?

    Quote Originally Posted by >Good Luck< View Post
    Over the next few months I will be preparing for my recomp and I am confident that I will be more progressive than if I try to cut. One last question (or now lol) is how long after a bulk should one wait before starting a recomp? Sounds less "dangerous" than cutting and probably won't have as much chance of attacking my new muscle mass
    Great question, something along the lines of a thread recently started by Baseline, re: changing one's 'set point'.

    Exactly as you said, I think it's less 'dangerous' than either extreme (bulking or cutting). While any number I throw out will be arbitrary, I think that after one achieves his/her goal (reduced weight/bodyfat after a cut, or increased weight/LBM after a 'bulk'), the individual should try and maintain that for at least 6 months before working towards a new goal. In fact, this is exactly what I plan to put to the test after I reach my desired bodyfat percentage, hopefully early this summer.

    Having said that, we're talking about a recomp. You're working towards both goals simultaneously (sort of), and slowly. Therefore, I don't think you'll really need to wait any appreciable length of time before implementing a plan, as you'll likely be eating at (or even a bit above) maintenance. With that, you'll already be following a similar protocol for what I'd recommend somebody do in either of the former cases.

  25. #1305
    SPIKE's Avatar
    SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glutes & Quads
    Posts
    9,519
    BUMP for a great thread.

    I've been on the boards for over a decade and will be the first to say that you rarely see people like GB taking the time to help members out. All on his own time and on his own dime. At the last gym I trained at, we were charging almost $100/hour for advice like this. Great to see people who genuinely care about the progress of others.

    Keep up the great work GB

  26. #1306
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIKE View Post
    BUMP for a great thread.

    I've been on the boards for over a decade and will be the first to say that you rarely see people like GB taking the time to help members out. All on his own time and on his own dime. At the last gym I trained at, we were charging almost $100/hour for advice like this. Great to see people who genuinely care about the progress of others.

    Keep up the great work GB
    Wow, thanks for the kind words Spike, means a lot coming from you. Hope you'll be sticking around for a while!

  27. #1307
    GiovanniM88 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    24
    age 24
    height 6ft
    weight 225
    bf 14.11%
    tdee 3432
    bmr 2214
    Need a little help putting a diet together for my cutting cycle new to this website not sure what to put in these threads

  28. #1308
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by GiovanniM88 View Post
    age 24
    height 6ft
    weight 225
    bf 14.11%
    tdee 3432
    bmr 2214
    Need a little help putting a diet together for my cutting cycle new to this website not sure what to put in these threads
    Your best bet is to start a new thread (your own), this way you'll get advice from lots of knowledgeable members, and you can decide what to take, and what not to take.

    When you do, you'll be expected to post up a proposed diet - nobody is going to write one for you. What they will do is help you sort it out and make it solid. If you have no idea of a decent diet (and since you're about to cycle, you should have a VERY good idea), there are plenty posted right here in this section that have been tweaked to be solid - you can check those out, 'borrow' from them, etc. to come up with one that fits your macro/caloric requirements.

  29. #1309
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Gb, will u figure out, set up, cook and maybe even feed my my diet with a gold plated fork? :P good job buddy...I hate to say it, but I think this is the first time I've even opened this thread!!! :O

    chomp chomp chomp clink clink clink

  30. #1310
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    Gb, will u figure out, set up, cook and maybe even feed my my diet with a gold plated fork? :P
    For you... yes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    good job buddy...I hate to say it, but I think this is the first time I've even opened this thread!!! :O
    I take it back!!

  31. #1311
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

    For you... yes!

    I take it back!!
    But it's only because u prefer one on one time with u. Ur to special to be mixed in with the masses

    chomp chomp chomp clink clink clink

  32. #1312
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    LOVE ME DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

    chomp chomp chomp clink clink clink

  33. #1313
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    But it's only because u prefer one on one time with u. Ur to special to be mixed in with the masses

    chomp chomp chomp clink clink clink
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    LOVE ME DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

    chomp chomp chomp clink clink clink
    lol... ok T, back in my good graces. Feel special now!?

  34. #1314
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366


    chomp chomp chomp clink clink clink

  35. #1315
    555mjolnir's Avatar
    555mjolnir is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    191
    hey der Mr.GB I have a question I just had BF% measured this morning before training session came back @ 13.7 I am on cycle 750 test-c, 600 EQ, 500 Deca currently tomorrow wk 9 for test and eq added Deca 1 month later (so wk 5 for deca). I am weighing in @ 265 right now so my LBM is 228.7, so my question is I should multiply that 229 of LBM x 15 to get my caloric goal right? does the cycle change anything there or not? So doing that 229 x 15 = 3430 + 500 that should be my target to bulk correct? would adding a clen x t3 cycle thin me out add still let me bulk LBM? Thanks for your help MAN!

  36. #1316
    555mjolnir's Avatar
    555mjolnir is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    191
    Sorry my diet is very clean 6-7 meals a day about every 2hrs.
    1 c oats and shake (2 scoopes)w/ banana and 1c berries
    pwo shake 2 scoopes 2 tbps honey
    6oz chx breast grilled 1/2 rice 1c veggies
    60z chx grilled 1/2 c rice 1c veggies
    shake 2 scoopes
    Chx 6oz 1/2c rice 1 c veggies
    6oz taco meat 90% lean rised under hot running h2o 1/2c rice 1c veggies
    Sorry forgot in last post
    Last edited by 555mjolnir; 04-03-2013 at 11:03 AM.

  37. #1317
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by 555mjolnir View Post
    hey der Mr.GB I have a question I just had BF% measured this morning before training session came back @ 13.7 I am on cycle 750 test-c, 600 EQ, 500 Deca currently tomorrow wk 9 for test and eq added Deca 1 month later (so wk 5 for deca). I am weighing in @ 265 right now so my LBM is 228.7, so my question is I should multiply that 229 of LBM x 15 to get my caloric goal right? does the cycle change anything there or not? So doing that 229 x 15 = 3430 + 500 that should be my target to bulk correct? would adding a clen x t3 cycle thin me out add still let me bulk LBM? Thanks for your help MAN!
    228lbs of LBM... man, how tall are you? You better tell me 6'5 or bigger! Pretty monsterous proportions!

    It's hard to answer your question without knowing your goal. We all want to add muscle and lose fat, so don't tell me that, lol! What is your primary focus? Since you're talking about adding 500 cals, I'd assume adding mass. If so, then 500 calories is a safe bet starting point, although considering a cycle you will almost definitely be able to (safely) add more, probably upwards of another 500... meaning you'd be 'bulking' at somewhere around 4500 calories. Still not insanely high for your stats.

    I probably wouldn't add clen /T3 to this cycle... you want to add mass, focus on that. That's just me. I'd add clen/T3 to a cutting cycle, probably clen to PCT as well.

  38. #1318
    rxmuscle's Avatar
    rxmuscle is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10
    Just looking for a little advice....

    Age: 35
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 159-160.......thats down from around 170 lbs
    BF: 13-15%

    Weight Training: 4 days/week...currently doing no cardio

    5:30 am workouts and working out in the fasted state.

    Mon: Legs/Calves
    Tues: Chest
    Wed: Off
    Thurs: Back/Biceps
    Friday: Shoulder/Triceps/Traps
    Sat: Off
    Sun: Off

    Was doing 20-30 minutes of cardio (treadmill 4.0 speed on incline) before my workouts, but it didnt really seem to be doing anything, so I dropped it.

    I am actually looking to try to drop more weight while trying to maintain what little bit of mass that I have. Just looking to try to get into the single bodyfat digits or right at or just below 10% BF. Just really trying to see if I can get my dieting down and then if I can get down that low I am going to switch over and do my first cycle. I am currenty on HRT...running Test Cyp 200 mg/week. Will be going Ron Rowlands program of reloading and deloading with my workout and cycle when I get to that point.

    Just really looking for some advice on my diet for now. Been doing a Dave Palumbo type diet for a while and I feel like I have come to a hault on my weight loss. I guess that I am needing to add in some cardio although I have heard that you should be able to drop weight and lose bodyfat simply off your diet???

    My diet looks something like this:

    1800-1900 calories

    Meal#1 3-4 whole eggs
    Meal#2 5 oz lean meat (chicken usually), 1/4 cup almonds
    Meal#3 30g whey protein shake w/ 1 tbsp peanut butter
    Meal#4 7 oz lean beef, 1 cup romaine lettuce, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp flaxseed oil
    Meal#5 30g whey protein shake w/ 1 tbsp peanut butter
    Meal#6 3-4 whole eggs

    Running this same type meal consistently with one cheat MEAL on Fridays to where I eat the same thing as on my diet except for my meal# 4 I will add in as much carbs as I can.

    Looking to drop weight and lean out primarily right now for summer. I will focus on adding more mass once I accomplish this goal.

    Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

  39. #1319
    GiovanniM88 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    24
    alright thanks i just posted my own theard in the nutrition section thanks

  40. #1320
    555mjolnir's Avatar
    555mjolnir is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    228lbs of LBM... man, how tall are you? You better tell me 6'5 or bigger! Pretty monsterous proportions!

    It's hard to answer your question without knowing your goal. We all want to add muscle and lose fat, so don't tell me that, lol! What is your primary focus? Since you're talking about adding 500 cals, I'd assume adding mass. If so, then 500 calories is a safe bet starting point, although considering a cycle you will almost definitely be able to (safely) add more, probably upwards of another 500... meaning you'd be 'bulking' at somewhere around 4500 calories. Still not insanely high for your stats.

    I probably wouldn't add clen/T3 to this cycle... you want to add mass, focus on that. That's just me. I'd add clen/T3 to a cutting cycle, probably clen to PCT as well.

    Yes I am bulking and that's what I needed to know thank you so very much!!! I am looking at competing in the next 12 months and I am currently in the best shape of my life to this point but like you said we all want to be bigger and thinner so I will focus on the bigger for now and keeping BF in check. I am really liking this cycle everyone at the gym members and trainers are all coming up to tell me saying how good and how big I am getting it is a real boost to my psyche and really has me pushing myself to the ends everyday I leave exhausted barely able to move the body part that was worked and then eat like a horse the EQ is no joke about creating plenty of appetite and thats why i went mid cycle for bf to correctly manage calories.

    I really do appreciate your help so much and the fact that you take time out of your day to help me when ever I have a question it is a rare person who does such great things for so many others I just want you to know how cool I think it is to have you as a resource. I wish there was some way to pay it back in kind. I wish I had that much knowledge. I getting more everyday so maybe in the future I will be able to help the newbies that come also. Thanks again you ROCK!

    Oh just saw the height question I am 5' 9".lol No just kidding I am 6'4".

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •