Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IBdmfkr is offline AR VET

*- A Leg Routine -*

Here's a rundown a good leg routine I just finished doing for 8wks.

Keep in mind this workout is preformed Every Other Week, so a different variation focusing on the Hams first would be done on alternate weeks.

So weeks 1, 3, 5, and 7 do this routine. I'll add the Ham routine later.

Start warming up on the Leg Press(sled), use a moderate stance shoulder width to focus mainly on the quads.

Here we go, get ready for pain.

Quads

Leg press - Warmup using 40% of max set weight.
    ex. 10plates is used on last set, so use 4plates to warmup, go slowly and really let the joints/muscles get used to the movement.
    Load plates in anticipation for next set.

Leg Extension - preexhaust - go to failure with a weight you can do 12-20times, go slow and controlled to positive failure, make it Burn!

Leg Press - Go directly to the legpress, do not rest more than 10seconds and begin your set. You should be using as heavy as weight as possible for 6-10reps.

Take approx 2min rest.

Leg Press - Do another set with more weight if you hit the 10rep mark on the last set, if not use the same weight until you can do 10without a spot, then move up in weight. (progressive overload)

Smith Squats - Warmup same as legpress, go deep as possible, I like going a bit under parallel. Take a shoulder width stance about 6-8inches in front of bar, really focus on Quads. Load weight anticipating next set.

Leg Extensions - Preexhaust - Do another set 12-20 make it BURN! Go directly to Smith Squats and do your set within 10seconds.

Smith Squats - Go HEAVY and to the Floor! 6-10reps 2-3seconds down and burst up without locking knees. Slow and controlled.

2min rest.

Smith Squats - Again but go heavier if you hit the 10rep mark, your quads should feel about 2sizes bigger right about now and you might feel the need to puke. If not then quit being a pussy and up the intensity, you wanna grow some legs right? Quit whining you're only halfway done LOL.

Leg Extensions - almost forgot lol.. Do 1set here, 12-20reps to positive failure, go directly into Negative's 3-6reps at a higher weight with the help of a spotter of course. OUCH!

Hams

SLDL (stiff leg dead lift) - Warmup same as before, light weight really stretching the hams and glutes, I like to go to the floor if 45's are on the barbell. Load up weight for next set.

Laying Leg Extensions - 12-20reps to failure, slow and controlled.

SLDL - Go directly to deadlift within 10seconds, HEAVY as hell, 6-10reps.

Laying Leg Extensions - Same thing as before, Positive/negative failure here.

Calves

Standing Calf raises - 4sets calves, Very slow and controlled! Here's the count.

1second up, 5seconds down, 3second stretch and repeat.. that's one rep.
    Do 12-20 on the first two sets and then 6-10 on the last two sets.
    They should feel like they're gonna pop after a set, rest 1min in between sets.

That sums it up, try it and give me feedback. One grueling ass workout if done correctly and with the right training partner to keep you motivated.

Takes me approx 1.5hrs to complete.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Damn, I might try that on one of my leg days and see how much I can walk the next day lol.

Only thing is, I lift at home. I have no smith machine or leg press no eral replacement I suppose ?

You still lifting once every 3 days I**MFKR?

I am either going with that (once every 3 days, 3 workout rotations to put it simply) or my previous plan, not much different but we'll see.
    Last edited by guest589745; 12-03-2006 at 12:55 PM.

You shoudl put together a book on training/diet I**MFKR, seriously.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    well thats half the body now all u gotta do is write out the other half routine . kinda ironic i was JUST about to pm you what ur split actually worked out to be like on the individual days

I have a chest/back routine up somewhere in this section.

Btw, PM me with what you have to work with Skull and I'll try to substitute, you really need a lifting partner to do my routines.

Also, I've switched to EOD and I take off 2days after my leg day if that makes sense.

Goes like this:
    sun: OFF
    mon: chest/shoulders/tris (routine 1)
    tues: OFF
    wed: Back/traps/bis (routine 1)
    thurs: OFF
    fri: Legs (routine 1)
    sat: OFF
    sun: OFF
    mon: chest/shoulders/tris (routine 2)

Btw, here's the other routines:
    Chest/shoulders/tris - HIT Training - Chest/Shoulders/Tri's
    Another just chest - BD's current Chest routine

Back/traps/bis - HIT Training - Back/Traps/Bis

Leg routine I used to do year or so ago, sparked a lot of growth - BD's Current Leg Routine
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 12-03-2006 at 04:30 PM.

Oh damn, thanks I**mfk, Ill hit you up later, thanks.

Dilanger is offline New Member
    That is a great leg routine. I have been doing a leg routine kind of like yours but not with the same intensity. i have no spotter. everyone that has worked out with me doing HIT training has not lasted more than a week.

I going to try your calf routine. I have been doing 3 ***** sets for calfs and it has been working pretty good. Calfs hurt for three day, I also need to strech more. Glad you posted up your leg routine I will give it try a next week.

i** do you think i would benefit switching my routine 3/4 of the way through my cycle...what im saying is do you think this would be a bad routine to be doing during pct and there after since its such high intensity do i have more of a chance of going catabolic. because i reallly want to try the HIT training.

Your diet and nutrient timing will determine whether you go catabolic or not, not the intensity of your workout, Period. The duration has more to do with the body using protein as an energy source. High-intensity shorter duration is a much better way to train for maximum muscle growth.

As far as switching to a superior routine being bad, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.
    The main things that will make or break you with these routines is keeping a log week to week and progressively going heavier/more reps AND pushing yourself to maximum intensity on each set and not giving up before utter failure yet keeping strict form.

I don't train any differently whether on anabolics or off, only thing that may differ is the amount of rest I take between certain workouts if I feel I'm not totally recovered.

Btw, deadlifted 500lbs for 8reps from the floor today. New high and I'm not on cycle, did 495 for 6 two weeks ago. 475 x 10 two weeks prior.
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 12-03-2006 at 11:07 PM.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    Your diet and nutrient timing will determine whether you go catabolic or not, not the intensity of your workout, Period. The duration has more to do with the body using protein as an energy source. High-intensity shorter duration is a much better way to train for maximum muscle growth.

As far as switching to a superior routine being bad, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.
    The main things that will make or break you with these routines is keeping a log week to week and progressively going heavier/more reps AND pushing yourself to maximum intensity on each set and not giving up before utter failure yet keeping strict form.

I don't train any differently whether on anabolics or off, only thing that may differ is the amount of rest I take between certain workouts if I feel I'm not totally recovered.

Btw, deadlifted 500lbs for 8reps from the floor today. New high and I'm not on cycle, did 495 for 6 two weeks ago. 475 x 10 two weeks prior.

thats exactly what i wanted to know. ill be hittin u up soon as i start to figure out exactly how im going to structure my routine. thx man

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    I have a pretty good Quad Routine that helped me make my quads my strongest point and standout at my show....

That's great, you should make a thread with your routine.

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    very interesting HIIT log on getbig

his workouts are 5-10 mins

lol.. 5-10mins of total lifting time maybe, but not total workout time from the time he steps in the gym and leaves.

There isn't enough time to stimulate the muscles and rest between sets at that rate. Not to mention I rest 1.5 - 2.5 mins inbetween sets.

S431M7 is offline Banned
    interesting!!! I ve got 3 questions though
    1.on leg press: which position is ppreferable: close foot or wide foot?
    2.squatt: which method is preferable: higher reps but lower weights or lower reps but higher weights??
    3. is it essential to have on knee straps for support or not?

Here's a rundown a good leg routine I just finished doing for 8wks.

Keep in mind this workout is preformed Every Other Week, so a different variation focusing on the Hams first would be done on alternate weeks.

So weeks 1, 3, 5, and 7 do this routine. I'll add the Ham routine later.

Start warming up on the Leg Press(sled), use a moderate stance shoulder width to focus mainly on the quads.

Here we go, get ready for pain.

Quads

Leg press - Warmup using 40% of max set weight.
    ex. 10plates is used on last set, so use 4plates to warmup, go slowly and really let the joints/muscles get used to the movement.
    Load plates in anticipation for next set.

Leg Extension - preexhaust - go to failure with a weight you can do 12-20times, go slow and controlled to positive failure, make it Burn!

Leg Press - Go directly to the legpress, do not rest more than 10seconds and begin your set. You should be using as heavy as weight as possible for 6-10reps.

Take approx 2min rest.

Leg Press - Do another set with more weight if you hit the 10rep mark on the last set, if not use the same weight until you can do 10without a spot, then move up in weight. (progressive overload)

Smith Squats - Warmup same as legpress, go deep as possible, I like going a bit under parallel. Take a shoulder width stance about 6-8inches in front of bar, really focus on Quads. Load weight anticipating next set.

Leg Extensions - Preexhaust - Do another set 12-20 make it BURN! Go directly to Smith Squats and do your set within 10seconds.

Smith Squats - Go HEAVY and to the Floor! 6-10reps 2-3seconds down and burst up without locking knees. Slow and controlled.

2min rest.

Smith Squats - Again but go heavier if you hit the 10rep mark, your quads should feel about 2sizes bigger right about now and you might feel the need to puke. If not then quit being a pussy and up the intensity, you wanna grow some legs right? Quit whining you're only halfway done LOL.

Leg Extensions - almost forgot lol.. Do 1set here, 12-20reps to positive failure, go directly into Negative's 3-6reps at a higher weight with the help of a spotter of course. OUCH!

[.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    wow, very near my routine, and i do 20's...

only takes me 50 minutes or so... i workout with my brother inlaw...

push till you almost pass out..

I assume on the leg press you mean 10 plates on a side?? i can do that but not 20.. have really been having problems staying on the 4 sets * 20 reps

so will be doing static training for 3 weeks..

good luck..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by S431M7
    interesting!!! I ve got 3 questions though
    1.on leg press: which position is ppreferable: close foot or wide foot?
    2.squatt: which method is preferable: higher reps but lower weights or lower reps but higher weights??
    3. is it essential to have on knee straps for support or not?
    1. Different stances will stimulate different amounts of growth so it would be more individual based on what needs work. Closer stance will generally hit your outer sweep on your quad a bit more as opposed to a wide grip hitting your teardrop and hips/glutes a bit more.
    I prefer a 8-10inch stance to focus more on my quad.

2. I prefer lower reps more weight, again staying within the 6-10rep range for maximum growth, anything over 12reps IMO is more for cardiovascular/aerobic exercise rather than actually stimulating the most amount of muscle fibers that's required to spark the maximum amount of growth.

3. Straps? I like to use wrist wraps when using heavy poundage on certain lifts because of my small bone structure and I also have recently started using a belt on heavy squats but otherwise I'd say it is more of a personal preference. Some use gloves, some don't. I recommend wrist wraps for heavy back exercises otherwise it seems the secondary muscles (forearms/biceps) will fail before your primary muscle group that is trying to be targeted.. The same goes with using a belt with heavy Squats or Deads, the core will generally give out first.

Something I've always stessed to trainees or younger guys who are starting out is to build their foundation without the use of these tools because IMO if they are used from the very beginning many smaller muscles will not be worked causing a major overdelopment which will eventually cause injury down the line. Your body is only as strong as it's weakest link so everything must come up together to a certain point.
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 01-01-2007 at 05:28 PM.

S431M7 is offline Banned
    Thanks pal.

Happy Properous 2007.

1. Different stances will stimulate different amounts of growth so it would be more individual based on what needs work. Closer stance will generally hit your outer sweep on your quad a bit more as opposed to a wide grip hitting your teardrop and hips/glutes a bit more.
    I prefer a 8-10inch stance to focus more on my quad.

2. I prefer lower reps more weight, again staying within the 6-10rep range for maximum growth, anything over 12reps IMO is more for cardiovascular/aerobic exercise rather than actually stimulating the most amount of muscle fibers that's required to spark the maximum amount of growth.

3. Straps? I like to use wrist wraps when using heavy poundage on certain lifts because of my small bone structure and I also have recently started using a belt on heavy squats but otherwise I'd say it is more of a personal preference. Some use gloves, some don't. I recommend wrist wraps for heavy back exercises otherwise it seems the secondary muscles (forearms/biceps) will fail before your primary muscle group that is trying to be targeted.. The same goes with using a belt with heavy Squats or Deads, the core will generally give out first.

Something I've always stessed to trainees or younger guys who are starting out is to build their foundation without the use of these tools because IMO if they are used from the very beginning many smaller muscles will not be worked causing a major overdelopment which will eventually cause injury down the line. Your body is only as strong as it's weakest link so everything must come up together to a certain point.
    Last edited by S431M7; 01-02-2007 at 02:36 AM.

why the Smith Vs Straight bar:

Because I don't do both in the same routine, so pick one or the other

If I wrote another workout I may incorporate other movements but you can't do everything everytime or you're overtrain.

Do you feel they are adequate? Obviously can go deeper/safer on the SMith......nnever used it though.........

They are totally different, depending on foot placement. Same goes with the Hack or front squats.

I'm with you and did it yesterday....puked in my mouth......lol

Can I try your chest routine today?

You don't need my permission.. LMAO.

I'd take a day off after leg though and recoop.. Wait until tomorrow to do chest IMO.

I would, but I can't.......out of town tomorrow and Sunday..........I should wait till Monday, but I'll muster through it.......intense!

I'd take the time off and pick back up on Monday, always better to take more days off than needed than not enough IMO.

I cannot do all of this, I pussed out and cut some stuff out, and my legs are STILL SORE AS HELL. I can barely sit down to take a dump. ****in think if I wouldve done all of what you laid out, **** that. First time I got to lift in a real gym in like a year. I just wish I had a leg press machine, thats the only thing I think might help a lil.

haha, that's cool bro.. Take it slow.. next week try and incorporate the whole routine and when you get used to it really up the intensity!

Do this routine once/wk for 3-6months and you should see major improvements on the wheels.
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    I did this routine yeasterday (yust replaced smith-squats with a set of hack-squat and free-squat for the 2 next set in between, as the smith was occupied),

When I was driving home afterwards I had to stop my car and get out and puke...I almost crashed b/f I pulled over, NO BS!!!.

From now on I will train legs early in the morning b/f breakfest, no more puking hopefully...

IB - would you change your posted chest routine in anyway now having even more knowledge than before.....is that enough volume?

my friend always pukes when he lifts, I never understood that.........

Vitor: lol Nice to see you go through the routine with the proper Intensity!
    Most ppl puke when they train with me too, I puke quite often on leg days but I always catch it on the way up and swallow it (can't let the calories get away!).
    lmao

Columbus: No I wouldn't change that routine, it works great. I have TONS of routines written in logs laying around so that is just one variation, I could post another that works great that has more volume, each routine is different and has specific movements for a reason. The one I doing currently is Killer!

Give It To Me Brutha.....

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    BUMB

for easy find later this week

Re-BUMP

Okay, so I did this yesterday,

two words for I**mfkr:

FCK YOU! and I mean that in a good way!

this thing is no joke, I didnt throw up but had that cotton-mouth/ water gulping thing going on

Ill be honest, I couldnt hang with the level of intensity, I pused out more than once,

in my defence, my style is the traditional high volume with a long drawn out building of intensity, this plan is short, i know I** is a mentzer fan and ive done mentzer style stuff before.

its really really hard for me to jump right into a max intensity set from the get go. both mentally and physically, im not used to it,

but I really love this program, im going to figure out how much to use next time and each time push myself harder and harder, I estimate puking by the next workout or 3rd tops.

a Few vartiations I did,

1. did front squats on smith instead

2. did a sumo style sldl for superset and I assumed it ment lying leg curls.

3. totally pused out on calves, I did 4 sets but couldnt hang with the 5 sec down 3 sec pause thing, I kept the rep range the same though.

Hard-Core, I expect great things from this thing!

lol, great job man! Most ppl don't even get to the calves the first time.

It takes practice and a great amount of mental strength to push yourself past your bodies comfort level. This is what will make your body go into shock and defend itself by expanding muscle tissue for the next time you put it through something of this intensity.

Trust me if you stick with it for say 3-6months you'll see VERY good gains in both strength and size.

I pray in my head before each set and then do whatever you need to do to really rev yourself up before each and every set, every rep counts on this routine, no bullshitting around.

Goodluck.

Dangerdan is offline Senior Member
    I've said it before; I love this workout. And by love, I mean hate cause its so damn hard. I got great results with I stuck to this for 12 weeks. Finally got some seperation in my quads.

Badass, good to hear feedback from you guys. If it was easy, everyone would do it
    -B D
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]

I B D
    AR VET

OK, Today is week 2 of this monster, im going to keep everything the same and try to increase a warrior attitude more so than last time. I really want to try to push myself deeper into the discomfort/feel like im going to throw up and die zone.

I havent been this pumped about legs in quite sometime. wish me luck

Morituri te salutant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information