Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 390
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: So.... you want abs....

  1. #121
    Hydroponics's Avatar
    Hydroponics is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    264
    So.... you want abs....-image-2743088698.jpg

    Mind im bloated slightly and not flexing like i should be but this was 3-4 weeks ago

  2. #122
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydroponics
    <img src="http://forums.steroid .com/attachment.php?attachmentid=132959"/>

    3-4 weeks progress
    Good work mate. Why is the other pic upside down? You appear to have a little gyne?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  3. #123
    Hydroponics's Avatar
    Hydroponics is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    264
    Yeah idk why its upside down and i just have those slightly puffy nipples my whole life could i take anything for that or is it just puberty?

  4. #124
    wh1spa's Avatar
    wh1spa is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,119
    I did read most of the thread, is there any alternate exercises to doing the wood chops? I only have access to a flat bench, pullup bar, rings & GHD.

  5. #125
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by wh1spa View Post
    I did read most of the thread, is there any alternate exercises to doing the wood chops? I only have access to a flat bench, pullup bar, rings & GHD.
    You can do it with a dumbbell (that's what I do). 5-25 lb dumbbell works. I use a 20.

  6. #126
    manmanman is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    260
    The ab slings hurr my arm, whyyyyy

  7. #127
    Soar's Avatar
    Soar is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    Posts
    3,124
    They should be fairly comfortable.. Possibly not wide enough or you are using them wrong?

  8. #128
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    dan the ab man i did my first hanging ab workout tonite with:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So.... you want abs....-ab-straps.jpg  

  9. #129
    manmanman is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    260
    I follow the youtube tutorials but my arms feel sore before i cam get a good ab burn

  10. #130
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    dan the ab man i did my first hanging ab workout tonite with:
    Same set up I have minus the gay sign. Did your wife buy you that sign so you would feel like you still have testicles?

  11. #131
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by manmanman View Post
    I follow the youtube tutorials but my arms feel sore before i cam get a good ab burn
    It shouldn't be difficult at all to hold yourself up in the arm slings. I can hang in them for hours without any fatigue (literally). Are you keeping your arms close to your body? They shouldn't be spread too far out. Try bringing your arms in.

  12. #132
    manmanman is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    260
    I will try again tonight, i just feel a lot of strain, where do you place them

  13. #133
    Brick's Avatar
    Brick is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    928
    Been doing this maybe 3-4 weeks now?

    My abs are still hidden under some fat but it's the first time I've ever been able to 'feel' then. The top two are there and popping. Can't wait to shed some more bf and show off.

    Thanks dan

  14. #134
    gearbox's Avatar
    gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,355
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post

    It shouldn't be difficult at all to hold yourself up in the arm slings. I can hang in them for hours without any fatigue (literally). Are you keeping your arms close to your body? They shouldn't be spread too far out. Try bringing your arms in.
    Definitely agree with this. Although, my wife says it hurts her shoulders after like 1 min.

  15. #135
    largerthannormal's Avatar
    largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,133
    ive been doing this for one week already.. OUCH lol but i feel solid!! cant wait.. love this write up

  16. #136
    evan_2k's Avatar
    evan_2k is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Northern Cuba/Mia FL
    Posts
    20
    Adding this to my new routine, good right up...

  17. #137
    Live for the PUMP's Avatar
    Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Coast Desert Rat
    Posts
    1,686
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge Dan. I am going to implement this. Seems like one hell of a butt kicker!

  18. #138
    znak's Avatar
    znak is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Back in from the Cold
    Posts
    1,997
    Abs = diet.

    Pure and simple.

    You can work out until the cows come home, but if they are covered with fat, they will be strong but you won't see them.

  19. #139
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by znak View Post
    Abs = diet.

    Pure and simple.

    You can work out until the cows come home, but if they are covered with fat, they will be strong but you won't see them.
    All muscle is about diet; but you don't need to be at 6% body fat to see abs. The common misconception is that you must be below a % body fat percentage to see abs which is absolutely not true.

  20. #140
    Brick's Avatar
    Brick is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131

    All muscle is about diet; but you don't need to be at 6% body fat to see abs. The common misconception is that you must be below a % body fat percentage to see abs which is absolutely not true.
    Back to this I see!

    Would you say though that each person will vary when considering bf that is only measured by DXA scan and also by where people carry extra weight ie stomach vs ass tits etc?

  21. #141
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Back to this I see!

    Would you say though that each person will vary when considering bf that is only measured by DXA scan and also by where people carry extra weight ie stomach vs ass tits etc?
    Yes, it varies however there is a misconception that you MUST be below 12% body fat to see abs. That is incorrect as it depends how big your abdominal muscles actually are. I myself have gotten up there in the 16-18% range and you can still see my abs (all of them). What happens is you lose definition but they are still completely visible. There is a lot of "reports" that say that you can't see abs until you get under 12% which is bullshit. The only time that is the case is if you carry a majority of your body fat in your abdominal area. When I was at 18ish % I had a six pack and a muffin top, lol.

  22. #142
    ImSore is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post

    Back to this I see!

    Would you say though that each person will vary when considering bf that is only measured by DXA scan and also by where people carry extra weight ie stomach vs ass tits etc?
    visibility of muscle is all just one big algebra equation between muscle maturity, fat percentage, and physical maturity i.e. age. so work out hard, eat right, and keep your testosterone level healthy and you can have big abs.

    on another note. bad ass routine. definitely utilizing it for the time being.

  23. #143
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    Same set up I have minus the gay sign. Did your wife buy you that sign so you would feel like you still have testicles?
    i thought i responded to this but will again. no she made it (so i would feel like i have testicles)..

  24. #144
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    i thought i responded to this but will again. no she made it (so i would feel like i have testicles)..
    Did the sign work?

  25. #145
    Twin is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    486
    The stomach vacumes are legit. My V belt is showing up nicely and my weight has not decreased at all, might even be up a lb.... Its all i been doing 3x a week because i am recovering from a herniated disc atm...... I do them for 15 mins -20 mins. Some may call it overtraining but its all im doing an im seeing results so i wont stop...

  26. #146
    kawika's Avatar
    kawika is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin View Post
    The stomach vacumes are legit. My V belt is showing up nicely and my weight has not decreased at all, might even be up a lb.... Its all i been doing 3x a week because i am recovering from a herniated disc atm...... I do them for 15 mins -20 mins. Some may call it overtraining but its all im doing an im seeing results so i wont stop...
    Ima try doing them while I'm at work. Ive been forgetting to incorporate then in my routine lately

  27. #147
    FitEng is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3
    This is a great thread with a wealth of information. Thanks

  28. #148
    cj111's Avatar
    cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,320
    Been doing lots of vacuums lately, they are nuts. Also been doing this ab routine with a slight variation for 4 weeks and already having results.

    Question, after doing the vacuum it's almost like my mid section wants to stay pulled in. Is this normal?

  29. #149
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    Been doing lots of vacuums lately, they are nuts. Also been doing this ab routine with a slight variation for 4 weeks and already having results.

    Question, after doing the vacuum it's almost like my mid section wants to stay pulled in. Is this normal?
    Yes. Over time its gonna be pulled in (not in a bad way). Internal obliques will suck in and "compact" your abdominal wall if that makes sense. You're gonna really notice it around the "love handle" area even if you have no body fat.

  30. #150
    noon's Avatar
    noon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In hiding
    Posts
    1,271
    Bought the slings a few weeks ago and love this plan
    That is all,..

  31. #151
    noon's Avatar
    noon is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    In hiding
    Posts
    1,271
    Bought the slings a few weeks ago and love this plan
    That is all,..

  32. #152
    dan991's Avatar
    dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,943
    Any of you that have been doing the routine for a while now wanna post up some before/after pics (in the same post so nobody has to search)?

  33. #153
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131
    Any of you that have been doing the routine for a while now wanna post up some before/after pics (in the same post so nobody has to search)?
    That's a great idea!!!

  34. #154
    kitstreasure's Avatar
    kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Married to Kit
    Posts
    1,050
    I would love to see some as well! C'mon guys, post 'em up! Let's see all that hard work!

  35. #155
    cj111's Avatar
    cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,320
    So.... you want abs....-img_2643.jpg
    I like this routine, except it bothers my groin sometimes. Like it feels like my groin needs to pop after, like its not in the right spot. Doesn't really hurt, just feels funny!
    Regardless, still a hard routine.
    I could do about 4 leg raises at the start, up to 12-13 now.

  36. #156
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by cj111
    <img src="http://forums.steroid .com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134396"/>
    I like this routine, except it bothers my groin sometimes. Like it feels like my groin needs to pop after, like its not in the right spot. Doesn't really hurt, just feels funny!
    Regardless, still a hard routine.
    I could do about 4 leg raises at the start, up to 12-13 now.
    Did u have as much definition b4 u started this program?? Looking great BTW!

  37. #157
    cj111's Avatar
    cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,320
    Probably not because I had more fat, lol , but I can feel my whole mid section is just tight..like all the time. Its a great feeling. Like my abs are perma flexed or something. Must have something to do with doing vacuums all the time also.
    Will definitely keep doing this routine/vacuums for as long as Im lifting

  38. #158
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,316
    Quote Originally Posted by cj111
    Probably not because I had more fat, lol , but I can feel my whole mid section is just tight..like all the time. Its a great feeling. Like my abs are perma flexed or something. Must have something to do with doing vacuums all the time also.
    Will definitely keep doing this routine/vacuums for as long as Im lifting
    Thx for your response. I like the look for myself. At least some of it.

  39. #159
    kitstreasure's Avatar
    kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Married to Kit
    Posts
    1,050
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Thx for your response. I like the look for myself. At least some of it.
    I'm with you, Girly. I'm just trying to figure out how to not get quite so wash board-y... I just don't think full on wash board is attractive on most women.

  40. #160
    kawika's Avatar
    kawika is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    <img src="http://forums.steroid .com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134396"/>
    I like this routine, except it bothers my groin sometimes. Like it feels like my groin needs to pop after, like its not in the right spot. Doesn't really hurt, just feels funny!
    Regardless, still a hard routine.
    I could do about 4 leg raises at the start, up to 12-13 now.
    Do you have the before pic? Excellent work bro. Keep it up!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •