Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    “And remain steadfast in the face of their utterances, and disregard them in a nice manner.” (Quran, 73:10)

“You shall resort to patience–-and your patience is attainable only with God’s help. Do not grieve because of them, and do not be annoyed.” (Quran, 16:127)

"And the servants of The Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility and humbleness, and when the ignorant address them, they say: 'Peace!'" (Quran, 25:63)

"And when they hear vain talk, they turn away therefrom and say: 'to us our deeds and to you yours; peace be to you.'" (Quran, 28:55)

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    I actually like their punishment about chopping of hands in the middle east. I was in abu dhabi (sp) bahrain (sp) and dubai.
    The cities are so safe, you can walk with a 1000 dollars in your hand and no one dare rob you.
    The punishment for stealing in some of those places is cutting the hand off even if its a something small.

Hey guys, I still have a lot of questions to answer. If you are one of those people still waiting on a reply, please remind me (and also tell me what page your post was on if possible) and I'll put yours higher on the priority list, God-Willing.

I was listening to this debate, and I thought maybe some of you might benefit from it. It is actually a debate between an orthodox Muslim like myself (Dalia Mogahed) vs what we call an "Uncle Tom Muslim" (Irshad Manji). Irshad Manji is the sweetheart of the critics of the Islam, because she basically bashes Islam left, right, and center...all in the name of "constructive criticism." Unfortunately the media always loves to put people like her up on the stand as if she somehow represents us Muslims. Anyways, I think the discussion was very good...it's a bit long, so I don't know how many people will actually watch it, but here it is:

http://fora.tv/2008/07/01/Irshad_Man...eaks_for_Islam

Keep in mind that Sister Dalia Mogahed (the orthodox Muslim in the headscarf) works for Gallup Poll and so throughout the speech she is actually referring back to a poll carried out by Gallup.

If you watch it, let me know what you think, God-Willing.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Peace peace peace kalima Indie Indie Cover da heart cover da heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Peace peace peace kalima Indie Indie Cover da heart cover da heart!
    Peace peace ooga booga ooga booga!!!

By the way, I apologize on Sister Dalia Mogahed's behalf for her playing with her water bottle so much and kicking her leg so much, and spinning in her chair so much lolll. But yeah, I strongly recommend watching the debate.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    page 2 , post 66,
    your post on the borders of Iraq was very interesting, thankyou.
    watching debate now

post #144 page 4

thanks take ur time

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    page 2 , post 66,
    your post on the borders of Iraq was very interesting, thankyou.
    watching debate now
    Alright, please give feedback on the debate. Thanks.

Peace be unto you, Auslifta.

In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    1)are women considered to be of a lower standing then men?
    In Islam, a person is considered superior or inferior based on his/her piety/righteousness (taqwa). Or perhaps another translation of the word taqwa is "God-fearingness" (although I know that this is not a real English word, but you get my point).

God says in the Quran:
    “Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is who is the most righteous of you.” (Quran, 49:13)

Therefore, if a woman is more righteous (i.e. has more taqwa), then she is superior to a man who is less so, and vice/versa. So the matter is with regards to this piety/righteousness, not the chromosome.

Prophet Muhammad [s] declared that people were born inherently equal “except by piety and good action (Taqwa). Indeed the best among you is the one with the best character (Taqwa). Listen to me. Did I convey this to you properly?…Each one of you who is here must convey this to everyone not present.” (Excerpt from the Prophet’s Last Sermon as in Baihiqi)

So this is the issue with superiority and inferiority.

Nonetheless, Islam does say that men are the leaders of their households. So a man has more authority than the wife in regards to the family. This does not mean that he is superior to her. Rather, if she is more God-fearing, then she is superior to him, just like a student may be superior to a teacher (such as how Einstein was superior to his teacher) or how a soldier may be superior to his sergeant (such as how Saladin is remembered in history, not the sergeant he served under).

The role of leader of the family is seen as a burden, because in Islam roles of authority are seen as a burden, since they are filled with responsibilities and obligations. The Caliph, for example, serves the people. Likewise, the man must serve his family, and is responsible to provide for them.

God says in the Quran:
    "Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because God has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means." (Quran, 4:34)
    For example, the wife has full right to the man's wealth and it is considered joint property, whereas if she has any wealth of her own, then he has no right to that and it is her personal property. The fact that the man is considered a leader should instill in him feelings of duty and obligation. He must work and provide for his family, whereas she has no need or obligation to work.

This model--of the man being the leader of the family--is of course at odds with the Western model. We Muslims believe that there must always be a leader; even if two or three men go out on a journey somewhere, Prophet Muhammad [s] instructed us to appoint a leader from the group. We believe this is a part of good organization and preventing infighting. Wallahu Aalim.

2)Jews and Muslims (and Christian) alike were told by their religions not to eat meat from the pig, as a long time ago, because pork could not be stored safely for consumption. Now with proper refridgeration it is totally safe, why do muslims and jews continue not to eat pig?
    You are presupposing that the reason pork was forbidden to the followers of Abraham (i.e. the three Abrahamic faiths) was because of this reason, i.e. diseases due to poor refrigeration. Rather, the only reason we know for certain why pork was forbidden is because God says so.

There may be other reasons for why pork is forbidden, but at the end of the day, we do it because God said so. For example, it might be that God wished for the believers to have a distinct dietary habit, which would distinguish them from others and unify them. Or it may be that pork contains spiritual impurity that we cannot measure scientifically. And there may be other reasons we don't know of. But we do it because God said so: we hear and we obey. When the King of Kings commands us, we are in no position to question why. (This is our belief.)

3) I read that in the quran Mohammed enjoyed fermented dates? Why is alcohol not permissable?
    To the best of my knowledge, there is no such verse in the Quran. There is however a verse in the Quran in which God says that one of His Signs is how from simple grapes come wine. This verse is not about the legal permissibility or prohibition of alcohol. Rather, it is talking about how God creates things, changing one thing to another. For example, a couple verses before this one (about grapes), He mentions how He creates rain from clouds, and how that rain causes the dead earth to come back to life. This is all showing the greatness of God, and it is also establishing the proof that God will bring us back to life after we die; the disbelievers believe that when we die, we are no more; so God is establishing the proof by showing how if He can make wine from grapes, if He can turn a cloud into rain, and if he can bring the dead earth back to life, then why does man think that God cannot resurrect him?

As for the prohibition of alcohol, this is mentioned in the Quran:
    "O you who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (sacrificing to) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination--of Satan's handwork: eschew such abomination, that you may prosper! Satan's plan is to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of God and from prayer: will you not then abstain?" (Quran, 5:90)
    Keep in mind, however, that alcohol was forbidden in stages, as the Quran was revealed over a period of 23 years. Initially, God simply discouraged drinking, then He forbade being drunk, and then He forbade it altogether. This was what we call "progressive revelation", i.e. revealing the Law in stages in order to prepare man.

4)Why do women have less rights in muslim governed countries?
    The situation of women in Muslim lands is deplorable. However, this is in large part due to poverty, lack of education, and simply being a part of the third world. One will find a similar situation in India, China, and Non-Muslim parts of Africa.

5)Do muslims believe all religions and men are equal?
    As for religions, we believe that Islam is superior to all religions, because it is free from shirk (polytheism) and it is the perfection of pure monotheism. This, however, does not mean that Muslims are superior to Non-Muslims. Rather, believers (mu'minoon) are superior to disbelievers (kufaar). I have explained previously how the words "Muslim" and "mu'min" are not interchangeable. Furthermore, not all Non-Muslims in this worldly life will be considered disbelievers (kufaar) on the Day of Judgment. Rather, many of them may be from Ahl al-Fatrah. (I have a post on this earlier.)

The fact that Islam is superior to all religions does not mean that a Muslim is superior to a Non-Muslim. A Muslim may even be worse than a Non-Muslim because of this: when a Non-Muslim sins, he may have an excuse that he didn't know any better, but when a Muslim sins, he is doing it even though he knows not to do that. Therefore, is he not worse in this regard?

Answering this question is a bit difficult, and may be confusing for the reader, since we need to differentiate between four groups of people:

1. Muslims in this worldly life who are Muslims in the Hereafter
    2. Muslims in this worldly life who are disbelievers in the Hereafter
    3. Non-Muslims in this worldly life who are Muslims in the Hereafter
    4. Non-Muslims in this worldly life who are disbeliever in the Hereafter

Therefore, the matter of superiority rests in who is a believer in the Hereafter, not with regards to this worldly life. A person who calls himself a Muslim in this world may be a disbeliever in the Hereafter, because his Islam of this worldly life may be false and hypocrisy; he may profess Islam with his tongue only, and when he is resurrected, his tongue will be connected to his heart. Such munaafiqoon (hypocrites) are considered worse than Non-Muslims.

Therefore, the fact that Islam is superior should not cause a Muslim to become arrogant. Rather, the one who is arrogant is showing signs of hypocrisy, which could mean that he is from the lowly munaafiqoon, worse than the Non-Muslims. None of us can has any right to be arrogant, because all praise is due to God, and if we are believers, then we are believers only through God's Mercy. Furthermore, we cannot know for sure if we are mu'minoon or just Muslim.

Some of the extremists puff their chests out, saying "we are Muslim" and by this implying that they are superior; this is misguidance. Islam instructs the believer to have humility and walk the earth not puffing out his chest with pride but with humbleness and sedateness. How can the believer be arrogant when he knows all the many sins he is carrying on his shoulders, that would surely have destroyed him had it not been for the Mercy and Forgiveness of God? Some of the Prophet's disciples--who were the best of the people--would cry for fear that they were from the hypocrites (munaafiqoon); if this is the case with the best of the people, then what about the rest of us who can never compete with their level of piety and righteousness? Surely the one who is arrogant is full of misguidance and has destroyed the religion.

I know this is confusing. I hope you understand.

Hope that helps.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-05-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Peace be unto you, Amcon.

I will answer your questions in parts, God-Willing.

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    how do muslims see Jesus?
    Muslims respect and revere Jesus (peace be upon him). We consider him one of the greatest of God’s messengers to mankind. The Quran confirms his virgin birth, and an entire chapter of the Quran is entitled ‘Mary’. The Quran describes the birth of Jesus as follows:
    "Remember when the angels said, 'O Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him (God), whose name is the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, revered in this world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (to God). He will speak to the people from his cradle and as a man, and he is of the righteous.' She said, 'My Lord, how can I have a child when no mortal has touched me?' He said, 'Even so! God creates what He wills. If He decrees a thing, He says to it only, ‘Be!’ and it is.'” (Quran, 3:45-47)

Jesus [as] was born miraculously by the command of God, the same command that had brought Adam [as] into being with neither a father nor a mother. God has said:
    "The case of Jesus with God is like the case of Adam. He created him from dust, and then He said to him, 'Be!' and he came into being." (Quran, 3:59)
    During his prophetic mission, Jesus [as] performed many miracles. God tells us that Jesus [as] said:
    “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you the shape of a bird out of clay, I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s permission. I heal the blind from birth and the leper. And I bring the dead to life by God’s permission. And I tell you what you eat and what you store in your houses....” (Quran, 3:49)
    We believe that Jesus [as] was a noble prophet of God. We do not agree with our Christian cousins that Jesus [as] was God, the Son of God, or divine. Rather, we believe that he was a human being, although one of the best of the human beings. We believe that elevating the status of Jesus to that of God is not something loved by Jesus [as], but rather it would hurt him, as it makes him into a Taghoot (false god), and Jesus [as] will return at the End of Times to negate this claim and declare his fealty to God alone.

God says in the Quran:
    "He [Jesus] said: 'I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; He has made me blessed wheresoever I be; and He has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!' Such was Jesus the son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they vainly dispute. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is." (Quran, 19:30-35).
    Muslims believe that the earliest followers of Jesus [as] were monotheists. We believe that then the people broke into various sects, each changing the book to promote their own beliefs and for their own benefit. The Quran says:
    "When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: 'Now I have come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the matters on which you dispute. Therefore, fear God and obey me. God, He is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him--this is a Straight Way.' But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement. So woe to the wrongdoers, from the penalty of a Grievous Day!" (Quran, 43:63-65)
    Jesus [as] will disassociate himself from the claim that he is God. The Quran says:
    "And behold! God will say [on the Day of Judgment]: 'Oh Jesus, the son of Mary! Did you say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God?' He will say: 'Glory to You! Never could I say what I had no right to say. Had I said such a thing, You would indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Yours. For You know in full all that is hidden. Never did I say to them anything except what You commanded me to say: 'Worship God, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I lived among them. When You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a witness to all things!'" (Quran, 5:116-117).
    We believe that Jesus [as] was an exalted prophet teaching the same message as all the prophets (unity of God), and that it is not possible for him to teach something different (trinity). The Quran says:
    "Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They both had to eat food [and God is above that]. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!" (Quran, 5:75).
    Here are some more verses in the Quran about Jesus [as]:
    "They have taken as lords beside God their rabbis and their monks and the Messiah son of Mary, when they were bidden to worship only One God. There is no God save Him. Be He Glorified from all that they ascribe as partner unto Him!" (Quran, 9:31)

"They say: 'God has begotten a son!' Glory be to Him [above that]! He is Self-Sufficient! His are all things in the heavens and on earth! No warrant have you to say this! Say you about God what you know not?" (Quran, 10:68)

"And remember her (Mary) who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our Spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples!" (Quran, 21:91)

"And We made the son of Mary and his mother as a Sign!" (Quran, 23:50)

"And remember We took from the prophets their covenant: As We did from you: from Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary: We took from them a solemn covenant." (Quran, 33:7)

"And when Jesus son of Mary said: 'O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of God unto you, confirming that which was revealed before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who comes after me, whose name is the Praised One.' Yet when he has come unto them with clear proofs, they say: 'This is mere magic.'" (Quran, 61:6)

"O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning God save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers, and say not 'Three'--Cease! It is better for you! - God is only One God. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And God is sufficient as Defender." (Quran, 4:171)

"In blasphemy indeed are those that say that God is Christ the son of Mary. Say: 'Who then has the least power against God, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all everyone that is on the earth? For to God belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is in between. He creates what He pleases. For God has power over all things." (Quran, 5:17)

"They do blaspheme who say: 'God is Christ the son of Mary.' But Christ said: 'O Children of Israel, worship God, my Lord and your Lord.' Whoever joins other gods with God, -- God will forbid him the Garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help." (Quran, 5:72)

"And Jesus shall be a Sign for the coming of The Hour: therefore have no doubt about The Hour, but follow me: this is a Straight Path." (Quran, 43:61)

Muslims believe that Jesus was not crucified. It was the plan of Jesus’s enemies to crucify him, but God saved him and raised him up to Him. It is said that Judas (the traitor who turned on Jesus) was killed in place of Jesus, and that God caused Judas to look like Jesus [as].

God said:
    "And remember when God said: 'O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering you and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing you of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow you above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me you will all return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein you all used to differ." (Quran, 3:55)

"They said, 'We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God.' They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the likeness of him was put on another man..." (Quran, 4:157)

We believe that Jesus [as] was a Muslim. In fact, we believe all the prophets were Muslims, starting from Prophet Adam, the first human on earth. Muslim is merely an Arabic word which means "submitter" and means one who submits himself to God. The Quran says:
    "And they say, 'Be Jews or Christians and you shall be guided.' Say: 'Nay, rather [we follow] the creed of Abraham, a man of pure faith; he was no idolater.'" (Quran, 2:135)

"No! In truth Abraham was not a Jew, nor a Christian; but he was a Muslim (submitter to God) and one pure of faith; certainly he was never of the idolaters." (Quran, 3:67)
    This is our belief in Jesus (peace be upon him).

Hope that helps.

In the Care of the Lord Most High,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-05-2009 at 07:12 PM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    have you ever read any of this person's writings??

Syed Kamran Mirza's

care to discuss further??
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post

I will answer your questions in parts, God-Willing.

Muslims respect and revere Jesus (peace be upon him). We consider him one of the greatest of God’s messengers to mankind. The Quran confirms his virgin birth, and an entire chapter of the Quran is entitled ‘Mary’. The Quran describes the birth of Jesus as follows:
    "Remember when the angels said, 'O Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him (God), whose name is the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, revered in this world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (to God). He will speak to the people from his cradle and as a man, and he is of the righteous.' She said, 'My Lord, how can I have a child when no mortal has touched me?' He said, 'Even so! God creates what He wills. If He decrees a thing, He says to it only, ‘Be!’ and it is.'” (Quran, 3:45-47)

Jesus [as] was born miraculously by the command of God, the same command that had brought Adam [as] into being with neither a father nor a mother. God has said:
    "The case of Jesus with God is like the case of Adam. He created him from dust, and then He said to him, 'Be!' and he came into being." (Quran, 3:59)
    During his prophetic mission, Jesus [as] performed many miracles. God tells us that Jesus [as] said:
    “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you the shape of a bird out of clay, I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s permission. I heal the blind from birth and the leper. And I bring the dead to life by God’s permission. And I tell you what you eat and what you store in your houses....” (Quran, 3:49)
    We believe that Jesus [as] was a noble prophet of God. We do not agree with our Christian cousins that Jesus [as] was God, the Son of God, or divine. Rather, we believe that he was a human being, although one of the best of the human beings. We believe that elevating the status of Jesus to that of God is not something loved by Jesus [as], but rather it would hurt him, as it makes him into a Taghoot (false god), and Jesus [as] will return at the End of Times to negate this claim and declare his fealty to God alone.

God says in the Quran:
    "He [Jesus] said: 'I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; He has made me blessed wheresoever I be; and He has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!' Such was Jesus the son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they vainly dispute. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is." (Quran, 19:30-35).
    Muslims believe that the earliest followers of Jesus [as] were monotheists. We believe that then the people broke into various sects, each changing the book to promote their own beliefs and for their own benefit. The Quran says:
    "When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: 'Now I have come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the matters on which you dispute. Therefore, fear God and obey me. God, He is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him--this is a Straight Way.' But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement. So woe to the wrongdoers, from the penalty of a Grievous Day!" (Quran, 43:63-65)
    Jesus [as] will disassociate himself from the claim that he is God. The Quran says:
    "And behold! God will say [on the Day of Judgment]: 'Oh Jesus, the son of Mary! Did you say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God?' He will say: 'Glory to You! Never could I say what I had no right to say. Had I said such a thing, You would indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Yours. For You know in full all that is hidden. Never did I say to them anything except what You commanded me to say: 'Worship God, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I lived among them. When You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a witness to all things!'" (Quran, 5:116-117).
    We believe that Jesus [as] was an exalted prophet teaching the same message as all the prophets (unity of God), and that it is not possible for him to teach something different (trinity). The Quran says:
    "Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They both had to eat food [and God is above that]. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!" (Quran, 5:75).
    Here are some more verses in the Quran about Jesus [as]:
    "They have taken as lords beside God their rabbis and their monks and the Messiah son of Mary, when they were bidden to worship only One God. There is no God save Him. Be He Glorified from all that they ascribe as partner unto Him!" (Quran, 9:31)

"They say: 'God has begotten a son!' Glory be to Him [above that]! He is Self-Sufficient! His are all things in the heavens and on earth! No warrant have you to say this! Say you about God what you know not?" (Quran, 10:68)

"And remember her (Mary) who guarded her chastity: We breathed into her of Our Spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples!" (Quran, 21:91)

"And We made the son of Mary and his mother as a Sign!" (Quran, 23:50)

"And remember We took from the prophets their covenant: As We did from you: from Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary: We took from them a solemn covenant." (Quran, 33:7)

"And when Jesus son of Mary said: 'O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of God unto you, confirming that which was revealed before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who comes after me, whose name is the Praised One.' Yet when he has come unto them with clear proofs, they say: 'This is mere magic.'" (Quran, 61:6)

"O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning God save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers, and say not 'Three'--Cease! It is better for you! - God is only One God. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And God is sufficient as Defender." (Quran, 4:171)

"In blasphemy indeed are those that say that God is Christ the son of Mary. Say: 'Who then has the least power against God, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all everyone that is on the earth? For to God belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is in between. He creates what He pleases. For God has power over all things." (Quran, 5:17)

"They do blaspheme who say: 'God is Christ the son of Mary.' But Christ said: 'O Children of Israel, worship God, my Lord and your Lord.' Whoever joins other gods with God, -- God will forbid him the Garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help." (Quran, 5:72)

"And Jesus shall be a Sign for the coming of The Hour: therefore have no doubt about The Hour, but follow me: this is a Straight Path." (Quran, 43:61)

Muslims believe that Jesus was not crucified. It was the plan of Jesus’s enemies to crucify him, but God saved him and raised him up to Him. It is said that Judas (the traitor who turned on Jesus) was killed in place of Jesus, and that God caused Judas to look like Jesus [as].

God said:
    "And remember when God said: 'O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering you and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing you of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow you above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me you will all return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein you all used to differ." (Quran, 3:55)

"They said, 'We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God.' They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the likeness of him was put on another man..." (Quran, 4:157)

We believe that Jesus [as] was a Muslim. In fact, we believe all the prophets were Muslims, starting from Prophet Adam, the first human on earth. Muslim is merely an Arabic word which means "submitter" and means one who submits himself to God. The Quran says:
    "And they say, 'Be Jews or Christians and you shall be guided.' Say: 'Nay, rather [we follow] the creed of Abraham, a man of pure faith; he was no idolater.'" (Quran, 2:135)

"No! In truth Abraham was not a Jew, nor a Christian; but he was a Muslim (submitter to God) and one pure of faith; certainly he was never of the idolaters." (Quran, 3:67)
    This is our belief in Jesus (peace be upon him).

Hope that helps.

In the Care of the Lord Most High,
    -Saladin.

matthew 28: 19 " go they therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father, and of the Son(capitilized i will show y later), and of the Holy Ghost:"

the words are in red signifing Jesus spoke them him self, he identifies the Trinity. Jesus' words affirm the reality of the trinity. some people accuse theologians of makeing up the comcept of the trinity and reading it in to scripture. A we see here, the concept comes directly from Jesus him self. He did not say baptize them into the names, but in the the name of the father,son,and holy ghost. the three - in - 0ne nature of the father, son and the Holy Ghost.

as for the capitol son in the middle of the sentence it is refering God, as if it were to say " him ' it could mean anything if it said " Him" it would mean God.

my explaination of trinity - i am my mothers son, i am my brother's brother, i am my childrens father, their for i am a son, a brother and a father.

i pray to my Lord(capitol letter) Jesus Christ, the God of Gods...

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!

Abraham was the father of Israel, the other line came(birthed) from his handmade(Hagar ), this was a betrail similar to adam and eve, the devil closed abram's wifes' womb up, not letting her conceive a child, all God wanted was obedience, they were tempted and failed (wo is us who are in the flesh...) and did not complete the promise of the Lord God. later in sarai's years she did beget a son, that started the line of Israel...

one further note - genesis 16: i dont want to quote the whole chapter... i do want to get the point across... abram (so to be abraham) went in to hagar and conceived a child with her... hagar, with child was "despised" in sarai's eyes... sarai was bitter at this point, she was tempted to let abram inpregnate hagar, and it happen. sarai delt "hardly" with her hand maid(hagar) under abrams approval... so, hagar left with baby still in her tummy. an angle appeared to her and told her to "return to your mistress" just for notes this is most likely a preincarnation (for lack of a better word) of Jesus Christ, "and the angle of the Lord said unto her, behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction." "and he will be a wild man;(my comments : who in the middle east is a wild man? not the jews they have not been in the middle east long enough)his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all hid brethren." "and she calle dthe name of the LORD that spake unto her, thou God seest me:for she said, have i also here looked after him that seeth me?"

my comments on this last part is a woman who was considered a gentile or a heathen (any one who was not of israel, even though israel hadnt been totally put togather yet - for those theologians) was "saved" by faith, saved by faith!!! from that angle of the Lord. for God. Because of the Trinity.

buffedguy i pray that you read the truth and speak it daily - amen

you do truely have lots of knowledge and i will pray for more and more wisdom for you... and we truely are cousin and i have love in my hart for you..

we both agree on the first 5 books moses wrote correct? ... Genessis 15: 12 - 21, and 17: 1-14, paraphrased = abrahams decendants would become a great nation if they obeyed God. God would be their God for ever. or obedience.

This thread is Religulous !!!

definition (noun) : http://www.megavideo.com/?v=2Y2CPLFP

This thread is Religulous !!!

definition (noun) : http://www.megavideo.com/?v=2Y2CPLFP
    it ok voice of reason religiousness is ok to talk about ... and it is done in a non in our face way... you need some good bible reading in your schedual - helps your bi's and tri's grow ... seriously try it... three inches at least

you couldn't have even watched the film that quick,... come back and reply when done so...

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for the time you have put into this thread.

I wouldn't worry about his time cause he is just a college kid getting his extra studies through us by asking questions, then looking the answers up in his Quran textbook...

First off, I want to sincerely thank you for your good manners. And I also want to seek your forgiveness if I ever offend you, as I know these sort of discussions can oftentimes leave bruised feelings. I hope we can discuss these matters without thinking less of the other person, God-Willing.

matthew 28: 19 " go they therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father, and of the Son(capitilized i will show y later), and of the Holy Ghost:"

the words are in red signifing Jesus spoke them him self, he identifies the Trinity. Jesus' words affirm the reality of the trinity. some people accuse theologians of makeing up the comcept of the trinity and reading it in to scripture. A we see here, the concept comes directly from Jesus him self. He did not say baptize them into the names, but in the the name of the father,son,and holy ghost. the three - in - 0ne nature of the father, son and the Holy Ghost.

as for the capitol son in the middle of the sentence it is refering God, as if it were to say " him ' it could mean anything if it said " Him" it would mean God.

my explaination of trinity - i am my mothers son, i am my brother's brother, i am my childrens father, their for i am a son, a brother and a father.

i pray to my Lord(capitol letter) Jesus Christ, the God of Gods...
    There are three issues you bring up here:

1. Matthew 28:19
    2. The fact that the word "Son" is capitalized
    3. Your explanation of Trinity

1. I understand that Christians use Matthew 28:19 as a proof for the Trinity. We Muslims of course understand it in a different way. In fact, we believe that many of the verses used by Christians as a proof for Trinity--or the divinity of Christ--are actually a proof *against* Trinity and *against* the divinity of Christ (may peace be upon him). I will give you one example:

"I and my Father are one." (John 10:30)

At first glance, this seems like a strong proof for claiming that Jesus [as] is God. And this is why this verse is used by Christians a lot. However, this verse in fact seems to indicate the opposite. If Jesus [as] had wanted to say what the Christians mean, then why didn't he simply say:

"I am my Father" or "I am God" or "I am your Lord God" or "I am your Father in Heaven" or "I am the Father in Heaven"?

The construction "I and my father are one" is different than "I am my father" or "I am God", etc. Think of it this way. Let's pretend that in real life I (BuffedGuy) was your friend named Fulan. Would I post and say "I and Fulan are one" or would I say "I am Fulan" ? Surely I would have used the second phrase.

The phraseology "I and Fulan are one" would be more appropriate to use if for example there was another Muslim posting on this forum. And let's say someone was harassing him, so I come to his defense...then I'd say "I and Fulan are one." It doesn't mean that we are one person. It means that we are one in our goals, objectives, ideologies, religion, etc.

Elsewhere in the Bible, we read:

John 17:
    20Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21That they all may be one; as Thou, Father, art in me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me.

22And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23I in them, and Thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved me.
    So what we Muslims say is that the unity spoken about in John 10:30 is the same as being spoken about here in John 17:21.

In other words:

- That they all may be one; as Thou, Father, art in me, and I in Thee

- That they also may be one in us

- That they may be one, even as we are one

Which means: We are one with Christ and his Father, in the same way that Christ was one with his Father.

Therefore, if we use John 10:30 to prove that Jesus [as] is God--and we know that we all are one with God like Jesus is one with God--then this means that we are all God. Obviously, nobody would accept this. So what we Muslims say is that the verse John 10:30 is not a proof for trinity or divinity of Christ; rather, it proves that God and Christ had one objective, goal, etc. In other words, Jesus [as] was giving authority to himself, by saying that if you do not follow me, you are not following God. We have similar phrases from Prophet Muhammad [s], where he says that Allah and His Messenger [s] are one. It means rejecting one is rejecting the other, not that they are the same entity.

OK, going back to Matthew 28:19, which reads:
    "Go they therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost."
    I think it is a huge leap to say that this proves that Jesus is divine. If I said:
    "Baptize him in the name of Allah and Prophet Muhammad and the Quran"...
    Nobody would get from this that all three are the same. Rather, the phrase "AND" proves the exact opposite. Another example:
    "Go you and chastise Nazi Germany in the name of the USA, UK, and France."
    Nobody would think that this means that USA, UK, and France are one country. Rather, they share the same goals and objectives.

In fact, Matthew 28:19 is a proof *against* Trinity and the divinity of Jesus.

Using the example you gave for explaining Trinity:
    So let's say you (Amcon) said:
    Baptize in the name of Amcon, who is his mother's son, his brother's brother, and his children's father.
    But if you said:
    Baptize in the name of his son, his brother, and his father.
    Then--with this second construction--I'd think that these are three different people.

Again, the wording is just off. When God spoke to the Children of Israel, he said quite clearly: "I am the Lord Your God." Why didn't Jesus [as] just say that?

Just as a side-note, sometimes Christians claim that the verse proves that Jesus is God since you cannot be baptized in the name of anyone other than God. However, this argument is weakened considerably by the Bible itself, in which we find that the Israelites were “baptized into Moses” (1 Cor. 10:2); therefore, one can be baptized into a prophet, which is what we claim that Jesus [as] was.

I will answer the two other issues you brought up shortly, God-Willing.

May God unite us upon the truth.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-06-2009 at 02:18 AM.

(cont'd...)

Forgive me for the long posts.

The second issue you brought up was:
    ...as for the capitol son in the middle of the sentence it is refering God, as if it were to say " him ' it could mean anything if it said " Him" it would mean God.
    As you may well know, the phrase "son of God" is used in the Bible for other than Jesus [as]. Yes, you are correct in saying that in the English versions of the Bible, they capitalize this phrase when used for Jesus [as], whereas it is lower case for when it is used for others.

However, this is simply the way the translator/publisher chose to render it. In the original language, the words "son of God" as used for Jesus are the exact same as used for other than Jesus. Therefore, it was simply an arbitrary matter. If I translated the Bible, I could easily put them all in lower case, or all in upper case, etc.

This issue doesn't prove anything; in fact, it actually strengthens what the Quran says:
    "They [the Christians] changed words from their contexts and forgot a good part of the message given to them, and you will continue to find them--except a few among them--bent on new deceits, but forgive them, and overlook their misdeeds: for God loves those who are kind." (Quran, 5:13)

"O People of the Book, now has come to you Our Messenger, clarifying to you much of that you used to conceal of the Book and passing over much. Indeed, there has come to you light and a clear Book from God [the Quran] wherewith God guides all who seek His Good Pleasure to paths of peace and safety, and leads them out of darkness, by His Will, into the Light--guides them to a path that is straight." (Quran, 5:16-17)

"Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: 'This is from God' to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby." (Quran, 2:79)

If you translate a book and capitalize the phrase in one place, then you should capitalize the same phrase in another place; you shouldn't manipulate it because that is a bit academically dishonest. Had the original writer meant to differentiate the two, then why is the text in the original language the same?

The Catholic Encyclopedia says:
    The title "son of God" is frequent in the Old Testament. The word "son" was employed among the Semites to signify not only filiation, but other close connexion or intimate relationship...The title "son of God" was applied in the Old Testament to persons having any special relationship with God. Angels, just and pious men, the descendants of Seth, were called "sons of God" (Job 1:6; 2:1; Psalm 88:7; Wisdom 2:13; etc.). In a similar manner it was given to Israelites (Deuteronomy 14:50); and of Israel, as a nation, we read: "And thou shalt say to him: Thus saith the Lord: Israel is my son, my firstborn. I have said to thee: Let my son go, that he may serve me" (Exodus 4:22 sq.).http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14142b.htm

So why did the translators capitalize "son of God" for Jesus but not when in the Old Testament?

The fact is that the phrase "son of God" is used for many people in the Bible. Therefore, we understand from this that it doesn't mean a literal son of God.

More on this topic in a bit, God-Willing. Let me first move on to your third point:

There is a difference between names/adjectives and persons. For example, my Chinese friend has a Chinese name (Xin) and an English name (Mike). Yet, he is the same person. He doesn't talk to himself, he doesn't pray to himself, he doesn't implore himself to save himself, and he doesn't talk about himself in the third person. For example, we read:
    Matthew 26:39 ‘…he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, ‘My Father…”
    I couldn't imagine Mike praying to himself, saying "O Xin..."

We must understand the difference between a name or adjective/descriptor and a separate person or being.

In the Bible, Jesus [as] says:
    John 14:1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.”
    Can you imagine my Chinese friend saying: "Trust in me and also trust in Xin."'

Or to use your analogy: can you imagine someone saying about you: "His mother's son talked to his children's father, and asked for help from his brother's brother" ?

Anyways, this is the Muslim understanding. I know that Christians will see it differently. I just had to "argue my case". Forgive me if you were offended.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-06-2009 at 03:03 AM.

and we truely are cousin and i have love in my hart for you..
    "You will most certainly find the nearest in love and friendship to those who believe to be those who say 'We are Christians' because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and because they are not arrogant." (Quran, 5:82)

There are a few more issues about the "Son of God" thing I'd like to go over. Not so polemical as the last couple posts, but just to explain what the Islamic concept of it all is, i.e. how do Muslims understand the phrase "son of God".

However, I don't want to just ramble on and on if nobody really cares, or if it will offend people. I don't want to push my own agenda; rather, I will explain the Islamic doctrine if asked. If you don't want posts on this (as it offends your sensibilities), then I understand; just ignore this post and I'll move on to other unanswered questions. No problem either way.

I wouldn't worry about his time cause he is just a college kid getting his extra studies through us by asking questions, then looking the answers up in his Quran textbook...
    As a college kid he sure is knowledgeable. I researched his answers, they are not copy and paste. So even if he is getting his extra studies, atleast he is educating others.
    I mean i disliked muslims due to some of the generalizing things, but it's good to know that there's two sides to a story.
    while i will remain neutral when it comes to religions, it is but good to know why some people dedicate their lives in search of almighty.
    Thanks for your time bro, and i am still waiting for my question.

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    i didn't know this was about religion...no wonder why i haven't been in here.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i dont care if he is some college kid doing this as a project or someone doing it for the hell of it. all i care about is that he isnt breaking any rules. i have seen more people reading this thread then any other thread in a long time so he obviously has everyones attention. i applaud him for helping us further understand the muslim religion and i have learned quite alot personally from this thread
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    Hey didn't mean any disrespect guys... thought my question was absurd enough not to be taken seriously.
    And yes the person in my avy is a pansy. He's up there because his band is awesome and I think he is funny as shit.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    have you ever read any of this person's writings??

Syed Kamran Mirza's

care to discuss further??
    ya missed me..

this is what i'm referring to

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Author/SKM.htm
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

no offense taken... however,

i am not in agreement with what you say... at all. we are cousins and i invite you to be my brother... we will both be in heaven God willing.

it is clear from the koran that muhammad believed that the scriptures that were then in the hands of the jews and christian were authentic, and in no place in the koran is it suggested that they had been corrupted (sura 4:48, 10:94)

when the jews told muhammed that he had not been for told in their books, he charged them with misreading or misintererting their scriptures. the bible is perfect and it has been inspired by God him self.

also as for the trinity - it is explained with your koran, christian doctrine of the rtinity is both misunderstood and misinterpreted, and ovbiouslly rejected by muslims, i hear "how sad, you christians pray to three gods" we dont worship the one true God... it seems that this is the way in which muhammad understood the christian belief in the trinity (sura 5:115 or 116). and when it is explained that this is not what christians believe, and true doctrine of the trinity is stated, muslims still reject it - with "how can three be one?" (i was planing on your answers being what they were...he he he - have done this a few times)

muslims dont call God father, a few times while praying with muslims i of coarse thanked our Father in heaven, the Lord our God... i was interrupted and and told that was "...blasphemy, God is not your Father!?" the muslim God can not be our father, he is a unknow God, the muslim God is diffrent, and unknowable... correct ? according to what i know of the muslim faith i am 100% correct.

islam God is unknowable because he has not made himself known. the commands of God are made to men in the koran, but God himself is not known or revealed. and muhammad never ever dared to make the claim that he was the revelation of God. only Jesus Christ did, the incarnate Word of God "he who has seen me has seen the Father" "i am the Father, and the Father {is} in me" (john 14:9-10), as paul states, "HE (Christ)is in the image of the invisible God"(col 1:15) when one see Christ he sees God, for "God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself" (II cornth 5: 19)

the godly muhmud jalily (google him) once a devout muslim, used to say "when i was a muslim i though i knew God, but i did not. i came to know him truly only when i saw him in Jesus Christ"... i didnt grow up with a father(thank goodness for my strong grampa, he knew Christ) because of that i didnt really know him(dad) well, now that i have kids i have a better idea of what he was thinking and the choices he made... get it?

so just so we are straight, muslims, in my worthless opinion (trust me i am trying to have worth with God, and i do ... i need to be better) do worship the one true God, Creator of all things, when a muslim worships their creator they are surely worshiping the true God. BUT, while they know much about God that is correct there is much that they do not know, and there ate also many of their conceptions which are incorrect. it is as though a person in the dim morning light is looking off in to the distance at a building, they see the building and sees what he sees ... one story, built of brick, and looks to be a small building... when the day goes on and he is closer to the building (or truth, and he stops to look) his perception is changed, ... in stead of one story it has three, instead of brick it is stone, and it is a large mansion... but now because he is so close to the true he has a choice to know in part, or know the full extent of the truth... it is a choice of faith... so when a muslim looks towords God in the imperfect light of the koranic revelation and of his own reason, he sees God. amen!! he sees Gods power, Gods will but he does not see God's love. he sees God's unity, clearly, but the muslim does not that the Trinity in unity, such true knowledge is only seen when one sees God in the Son Jesus Christ. such true knowledge of having a son and appriciating the choice made will only be known when you make those choices your self...

amen - keep up the good work and dont hesitate to learn more

Peace be unto you, Spywizard.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    ya missed me..

this is what i'm referring to

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Author/SKM.htm
    Sorry for missing your question. You asked about Syed Kamran Mirza. I never heard of him before. However, the fact that he writes for FF is enough for me to say that he's just another hater. I googled his name and the first hit that came was "Honor Killings are Islamic", which gave me a good laugh. That's such a great lie that it's not even funny. The absolutely most conservative/strictest/harshest scholars in Islamic history--the ones who say things that even make *me* say "what the..."--have said that honor killings are strictly forbidden in Islam.

Someone else asked about honor killings, so I'll address the issue when I answer his question, God-Willing.

The problem with reading anti-Islamic websites is that it makes a person more ignorant of Islam than if one never read those sites at all and just never knew anything about Islam. This is true not just of anti-Islamic websites, but of say Anti-Jewish websites. If you read a website written by some KKK guy, you really wouldn't be able to tell what is authentic and what is not; and most of it would be bull. I've seen these Anti-Jewish sites myself, and I--as a Muslim--can safely say that they are not reliable at all. It's not my religion that is being attacked, but I must be just, as this is what my religion teaches me. So likewise, these websites are unjust towards Islam.

Sure, I've met people in my life who have had some criticism of Islam which I could see how it may have some merit, but they are usually not those who dedicate their lives to refuting Islam.

I have a couple close friends who have dedicated their lives to refuting sites such as FF. The problem is that each time they write an article, those sites just churn out three or four more articles. My friends and other Muslims like them are always playing catch up. Writing quality articles is very difficult. I'm already falling behind in *this* thread (even though there are no such haters here), so I can only imagine how hard their work must be. It's very easy to just write some anti-Islamic stuff--how hard is it to spout out "hey you dirty Islams, go back to Mozlem"--but it takes a lot of time to write quality stuff.

I think a better way to learn--before jumping into anti-Islamic websites--is to learn from a Muslim himself (that's why I'm here!), and then--if you're really interested, get some books on Islam written by Muslims. Then, you can wean yourself off of books written by Muslims and read some books written by balanced neutral Non-Muslims, and then once you have some base--you can then start reading websites and books written against Islam. By this time, you would have attained enough knowledge about Islam that you could easily see through the lies, in my opinion.

But jumping right into it would be counterproductive. As Shaykh Hamza Yusuf said: "when people don't even know that Allah means God, then we're in deep trouble." He was basically talking about how we Muslims need to answer questions that Non-Muslims have, because there is so little knowledge about Islam nowadays. Gallup Poll did a survey of America and asked "what do you like most about Islam", and 50% said either NOTHING (>35%) or "I don't know" (the remainder). That's pretty scary that we've reached that point. It's time to educate people, and that's our job as Muslims.

Anyways, I'm rambling: to go back to your question, he's just some hater and I've never heard of him before. There are too many haters to know by name.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-06-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gst528i View Post
    As a college kid he sure is knowledgeable. I researched his answers, they are not copy and paste. So even if he is getting his extra studies, atleast he is educating others.
    I mean i disliked muslims due to some of the generalizing things, but it's good to know that there's two sides to a story.
    while i will remain neutral when it comes to religions, it is but good to know why some people dedicate their lives in search of almighty.
    Thanks for your time bro, and i am still waiting for my question.
    I thank you for your kind words, and I am getting to your question, God-Willing. Sorry for the delay.

And yes, my replies are not cut/paste. That's why the long delays, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    i dont care if he is some college kid doing this as a project or someone doing it for the hell of it.
    Actually I came to this website to learn about the keto diet...I then saw how there were a lot of open-minded people here (NOT what I had expected at all), and so decided to open this thread.

Speaking of the Keto diet, can anyone tell me if it's ok to eat 16 g of carbs per day? I know you get indirect carbs from stuff like vegetables, but what about 16 g of this yogurt I have for my cholesterol (it has plant sterols in it)?

all i care about is that he isnt breaking any rules. i have seen more people reading this thread then any other thread in a long time so he obviously has everyones attention. i applaud him for helping us further understand the muslim religion and i have learned quite alot personally from this thread
    Thank you for your kind words.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-06-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I just wanted to take a moment and thank the OP for this very informative thread, and remind our members to be as respectful in their posts as the op has been in his replies.
    Thanks! I really appreciate it. The mods here are great.

Peace be unto you, GST528i.

2) Why is anal sex not allowed? Or was my gf tricking me ? Ofcourse she ate pork and did things that are sin. ( on a side note she finally gave up and let me in lol ..)
    It is forbidden in Islam, as it is considered to be indecent, barbaric, dirty, etc. I don't know of any explanation beyond that, or why it is considered those things. Sorry.

God and His Messenger commanded us to do certain things and to stay away from others. Although we believe that all such prohibitions are for our own good, we don't always know *what* exactly that good is. We merely trust in God and what was sent through His Prophet. We hear and we obey. Coming up with explanations is done only to strengthen our faith, not to question the validity of rulings. If we cannot come up with a good reason, this doesn't mean we change the ruling, because we may come to know the reason why later in life, or later generations may come to know it, or we may come to know the wisdom in it on the Day of Judgment. That is the Islamic belief.

Going to answer your other two questions shortly, God-Willing.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Oh boy this is gonna take awhile. I gotta take a break before I begin reading this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie-BOY View Post
    Oh boy this is gonna take awhile. I gotta take a break before I begin reading this one.
    What's going to take awhile? Before reading which one?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post

It is forbidden in Islam, as it is considered to be indecent, barbaric, dirty, etc. I don't know of any explanation beyond that, or why it is considered those things. Sorry.

God and His Messenger commanded us to do certain things and to stay away from others. Although we believe that all such prohibitions are for our own good, we don't always know *what* exactly that good is. We merely trust in God and what was sent through His Prophet. We hear and we obey. Coming up with explanations is done only to strengthen our faith, not to question the validity of rulings. If we cannot come up with a good reason, this doesn't mean we change the ruling, because we may come to know the reason why later in life, or later generations may come to know it, or we may come to know the wisdom in it on the Day of Judgment. That is the Islamic belief.

Going to answer your other two questions shortly, God-Willing.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    While, i understand your answer " dirty and forbidden" i have a theory if you will.
    I know that it is encouraged for muslims to have as many as children that one can have provided they can provide for them. This is why birth control is frowned upon is islamic counties.
    So my theory is, obviously anal sex will not enable pregnancy, therefore i think it is forbidden as this would be counter productive in spreading the muslim religion.
    It would also be considered indulging in pleasure that is considered sin.
    So by forbidding anal, one can say it will help increase chances of pregnancy.
    I would like your opinion on this. Thanks and please take your time i now there alot of questions being asked here and at some point ur gonna be like **** " WHAT IS WITH THE QUESTIONS" lol

Nvr mind

While, i understand your answer " dirty and forbidden" i have a theory if you will.
    I know that it is encouraged for muslims to have as many as children that one can have provided they can provide for them. This is why birth control is frowned upon is islamic counties.
    So my theory is, obviously anal sex will not enable pregnancy, therefore i think it is forbidden as this would be counter productive in spreading the muslim religion.
    It would also be considered indulging in pleasure that is considered sin.
    So by forbidding anal, one can say it will help increase chances of pregnancy.
    I actually am going to have to disagree with you on this. Yes, it was encouraged to have children, but the Prophet's disciples practiced coitus interruptus (a method to prevent pregnancy) and it was not seen as something wrong.

Also, as for "it would also be considering indulging in pleasure that is considered sin", everything else is considered permissible in Islam, including oral sex. Islam differs from some other religions in that sex for pleasure is considered a good thing. Prophet Muhammad [s] said that a man is rewarded for having sex with his wife, i.e. just for pleasure. The Prophet's disciples were stunned when he said this, so they asked for clarification. He [s] responded by saying to the effect of: is it not true that he is having lawful sexual intercourse with his wife as opposed to fornicating or committing adultery? They said 'yes'. So he [s] said that this is why it is considered good; furthermore, it builds love between husband and wife.

I would like your opinion on this. Thanks and please take your time i now there alot of questions being asked here and at some point ur gonna be like **** " WHAT IS WITH THE QUESTIONS" lol
    No, God-Willing I won't say that.

Plus now I have competition with the Ask a Jew thread!!!

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-06-2009 at 04:19 PM.

Peace be unto you, T_Own.

In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    i understand all of this, but all people do not think that way. isn't the point of a jihad that god/allah wants them to go to war or over religion? so they must believe they are better than other groups, or that their version of god is the greatest, right?
    Jihad, in the sense of "holy war", is ordained when the lands of Islam are under attack. As the Quran says: "those who fight you for your faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support others in driving you out." (Quran, 60:8-9)

I have already written a post about Jihad, i.e. its regulations and limitations. In that post, I have included many verses of the Quran on Jihad which explain our position on this. Here it is:

The Unofficial "Ask a Muslim" Thread.

The extremists feel that the lands of Islam are under attack and hence Jihad is ordained. We mainstream Muslims agree with them on this. However, we disagree with them (the extremists) about the tactics: they use terrorism and target women and children, break the covenants, etc., all of which is forbidden under Islamic Law. Islam says to fight, but to fight with purity of arms. So all Muslims agree that Jihad is ordained in the lands where Muslims are oppressed and occupied; the issue is only with regards to HOW to fight that Jihad.

Hope this helps.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-07-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information