Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Do you want to hear what the Quran sounds like in Arabic?

Click here to listen to the Quran in its original Arabic.

Throughout history, people have converted to Islam simply by hearing this. And to God is all Praise.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post

Throughout history, people have converted to Islam simply by hearing this. And to God is all Praise.
    Hmm not sure why but that tone of sound scares me.....

I liked the english translations though.

Alright cool.

I keep delaying writing a summary of Islam, but I found this clip from my own shaykh (Islamic teacher/preacher):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRmrl9fet5E

His name is Shaykh Yasir Qadhi, and I'm like a clone of him, haha. Well obviously I'm nothing compared to him. He studied for ten years at the top Islamic university in Madeenah (one of the three holy cities of Islam), and now he's doing a masters at Yale.

The first seven minutes are just introducing him so you can skip all the way to 7:20 if you don't want to listen to that. The rest is a summary of Islam.

-Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-16-2009 at 07:05 AM.

I was refuting an extremist, so I just wanted to post what I said to him here so you can see the kind of dialogue we have.

Quote Originally Posted by extremist Muslim
    I agree with the truth that we do not fight against civilains - the case in Israel they are ALL reservists and ALL take part in National Service and are required to fight if called up
    There is a myth amongst some misguided Muslims that *all* Israeli citizens serve in the military. I know it’s a very commonly used argument by extremists and people fooled by the extremists (who may not be extremists themselves but who have fallen into some wrong opinions). I’ll cite an article from a newspaper which says:

“More and more Israelis are avoiding mandatory military service…In 1997, according to army statistics, fewer than one in 10 Israeli men avoided mandatory three-year military service. It’s closer to three in 10 today. Women, too, are opting out at a faster pace: Over the last decade, the number of women avoiding military duty rose from 37 percent to 44 percent.” ( http://www.azstarnet.com/news/228782 )

So at least 30% of Israeli men do not serve in the military at all, and almost HALF of the women don’t. So based on what heretical theology have the extremists justified the idea that Muslims can target anyone in Israel, since they are “all fair game”?

Furthermore, 10% of the Israelis are elderly (>65 years old) who do not serve in the military at all. The mandatory military age for Israeli conscription is 18 years old to 45 years old. So everyone older than 45 years old is not “fair game”. I can't find a statistic for how many Israelis are above 45 years old (I only found for 65 years old), but let's assume that 30% are above 45 years old. So a good 30% of Israelis are too old to serve. Combine that with the 30% who don't ever serve amongst the men and 44% amongst the women--if we include the cripples, the mentally insane, the sick, the handicapped, etc.--and we see that a majority of Israelis are not "fair game" as you dare to say.

To this, perhaps you might say that many of the elderly served in the Israeli army in the past. What deviant and heretical ideology do you follow that people who are CURRENTLY non-combatants (and who will never become combatants) are “fair game” simply because they once were combatants in their youth? Prophet Muhammad [s] forbade killing the elderly; did he make an exception for the ones who had fought the Muslims in their youths?

For that matter, the idea that one can target a child since he might one day serve in the Israeli military is heretical in itself. Since when did you get the ability to see the future like God? Who says that the child won’t be of the 30% of men who don’t serve at all, or the 44% of women who don’t serve at all? What happens if the child would have become Muslim later on in life, or a ******* defender of Palestinian rights? But according to this deviant modernist extremist ideology (yes, it is modernist!), they are all fair game somehow!

Furthermore, the fact that a person is a reservist does NOT make him a combatant ANYWAYS. The Islamic legal terminology does not use the term "civilian"; rather, it uses the more all-encompassing term of "non-combatant", which includes the civilians but also others in addition to them! At the time of Prophet Muhammad [s], a group of the men would fight on the battlefield and a part of the men would stay behind in the city to take care of the affairs. We know this because it was the case with the Muslims themselves, and mentioned in the Quran itself that a group would stay behind. So those who stay behind are "reservists". Where did Prophet Muhammad [s] allow us to kill the men who stayed behind, i.e. the modern day equivalent of "reservists"? A person does not become a combatant because he COULD one day BECOME a combatant; he only becomes a combatant when he picks up the arms and is on the battlefield fighting against us. What you are saying is like executing a murderer because one day he MIGHT commit murder. No! We only execute him AFTER he commits murder, and not until then. When a man is unarmed, he is NOT a combatant. But again, your deviant ideology tries to gloss over Islamic jurisprudence. Anything to justify your lust for blood.

Look, we don’t have to condemn Hamas unconditionally or categorically (i.e. that they have NO good in them WHATSOEVER). Yes, we know that they have done a lot of humanitarian civil work for the Palestinians, such as building schools and the like. But we *must* condemn these extremist actions they take, and we must advise them to abandon targeting women and children. And we must clarify the matter to those who think that such things are OK. This is a part of our religion, to enjoin the good and forbid the evil.

Also, just one more thing: condemning Hamas’s actions is actually helping Hamas. Remember: the Prophet [s] advised us to help the Muslim who is oppressed or who is an oppressor himself. The Prophet's disciples were astonished and asked him: how do we help the oppressor!? And Prophet Muhammad [s] replied by saying that we advise the oppressor to stop the oppression, and this is helping him...because he (the oppressor) is only hurting his own soul (and throwing away his afterlife) based on his wrong actions...

Killing women and children is oppression against these non-combatants, and so we must advise our brothers to stop this, and this is better for them. Those who say nothing against them–-or who justify their acts–-are the ones who are bringing great harm to Hamas. If you love Hamas because you consider them freedom fighters or for whatever reason, then the best thing you can do is condemn their actions, as condemnation is a form of helping someone come back to the path of righteousness.

Please do not make a joke of Islamic Law, and create loopholes to justify your deviant ways. You said: "I agree with the truth that we do not fight against civilians". You should have just stopped there, but you will always see the deviants saying "but" right after they say that.

May Allah [swt] save us from deviance and this modernist heretical blasphemy of extremism.

Fi Aman Allah
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-16-2009 at 08:11 AM.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    I stayed up last night reading this thread in its entirety.

Much appreciated BuffedGuy.

-CNS

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries

Soothing..

Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    I stayed up last night reading this thread in its entirety.

Much appreciated BuffedGuy.

-CNS
    Thank you for your very kind words.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, God-Willing.

Did you watch the clip of my shaykh (teacher)? I think he is way more articulate than me, and I learn a lot from him.

One more thing--if anyone wants to add me to MSN Messenger, just PM me and I'll shoot you my MSN email address. I don't debate on MSN (as I think it is a useless waste of time), but if you want to add me to get to know a Muslim or Islam or to just be friends, then that's cool. Maybe I can learn a thing or two about bodybuilding too.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.

OK guys, two more videos. Actually these two videos are more important than the other videos I posted. So if you only want to watch one or two videos, watch these two. Well, at least if you come from a Christian background.

These two videos are from Joshua Evans, who came from a Christian background and converted to Islam. Now before I post them, I want to say a huge disclaimer. I am totally opposed to those people who bash religions in their videos, thinking that just because they came from that religion they hold any credibility. "Oh yeah, he left such-and-such religion, so that religion must be horrible." I dislike this simplistic mentality.

I am not posting this video of a former Christian to bash Christianity. Like I said earlier, after Islam my favorite religion is Christianity. The Quran itself says:
    "You will certainly find the nearest in friendship and love to those who believe to be those who say: 'We are Christians.' This is because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant. And when they listen to the revelation received unto the Messenger, you will see their eyes overflowing with tears, for they recognize the truth. They pray: 'Our Lord! We believe! Write us down among the witnesses. What cause can we have not to believe in God and the truth which has come to us, seeing that we long for our Lord to admit us to the company of the righteous folk?' And for this prayer of theirs has God rewarded them with Gardens, with rivers flowing underneath--their eternal home [i.e. Paradise]. Such is the recompense of those who do good." (Quran, 5:83-85)
    Two-thirds of converts to Islam come from a Christian background...actually more than that, since this is just the Protestants. So easily more than 70% of converts to Islam are Christians. The Christian Post writes:
    Two-thirds (67 percent) of all converts to Islam in the United States came from a Protestant background, according to the first nationwide survey to measure the demographics, attitudes, and experiences of Muslim Americans.

Not much was formerly known about the Muslim American population in terms of their attitudes and opinions, but the new survey by the Pew Research Center found that Muslim Americans, in comparison to the rest of the world, have the unique feature of consisting of a relatively large number of converts to the religion – nearly a quarter. Almost all conversions are native-born (91 percent) and almost three-fifths (59 percent) of converts to Islam are African American.

Most converts to Islam gave as reasons for their conversions: the appeal of Islam’s teachings, the belief that Islam is superior to Christianity, or that religion “made sense” to them...

The majority of Muslim Americans have a generally positive view of society and believe in the American dream. A full 71 percent said they believe that if a person works hard they can be successful in the United States.

Moreover, despite the fact 65 percent of Muslims in the country are first-generation Americans they believe that Muslims living in the United States should try and adopt American customs instead of trying to remain distinct from society...Furthermore, U.S. Muslims, for the most part, reject Islamic extremism.

http://www.christianpost.com/Society...-23/index.html
    There are tons of people who leave Islam, most of whom become atheists. I know many of them myself. So please do not get me wrong: I am not trying to use this as a proof to say nanner-nanner-nanner your religion is false. The fact that a person leaves Christianity cannot be a proof for the validity of Islam, just as a person leaving Islam cannot be a proof for atheism, etc. I am simply saying that a lot of Christians have a soft spot and inclination to Islam, more so than people of other faiths.

Many Christians who convert to Islam feel that they are not abandoning their religion, but rather they are only progressing to the next stage; Islam is seen as the logical conclusion to what they know from Christianity. So instead of trying to bash Christianity, I am trying to say that investigate the matter yourself, and if you think Islam is the logical culmination of what Jesus [as] preached, then convert to Islam. If, however, Christianity makes more sense to you, then all the more power to you.

The love for Jesus that defines the Christian faith appeals to many people. For others, however, the monotheism of Islam makes more sense. It differs from person to person, and we should just discuss things in a soft tone with each other. Different things will appeal to different people.

So I am posting a video of one Christian who came to Islam, who saw Islam as the culmination of his faith. It will help to explain why Islam appeals to Christians. Generally I have seen that Jews or Buddhists do not incline towards Islam...I mean, some of them convert to Islam, but I wouldn't say that this is a general trend; it's more the exception rather than a generality. On the other hand, I have consistently seen how many Christians immediately take a liking to Islam, as if it almost stops them in their tracks. They come thinking that Islam is some pagan faith worshiping the devil or some moon god, but they then realize that it is the highest form of monotheism as taught by Jesus [as] himself. Again, different people incline towards different things, and I acknowledge that this cannot be a proof of anything in and of itself.

OK without further ado, here is Joshua Evans and his story of how he came to Islam:

Why Joshua Evans Converted to Islam, Part 1

Why Joshua Evans Converted to Islam, Part 2
    Why Joshua Evans Converted to Islam, Part 3

(Oh yeah, you can forward through the self-defense thing...the show just mixes in random things like that, I don't know why...I just skipped through it.)

OK, and here is the most important video that I really hope you watch:

Why Muslims believe Jesus [as] was a beloved prophet but not God

Take care.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-16-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Peace Unto You, Buffed

I'm assuming that the Koran/Quran is the most enlightening piece of writing you've ever read, but what other books have you enjoyed reading? Any fiction, auto-biographies, favourite authors, etc..

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Here is a question for you buffed. A very good friend of mine is a Muslim and he thinks and preaches along similar lines to you ( ie not a radical). He keeps trying to tell me that everything that you read in the Koran is provable by science. Whats your view on that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Peace Unto You, Buffed
    And unto you as well, Flagg.

I'm assuming that the Koran/Quran is the most enlightening piece of writing you've ever read, but what other books have you enjoyed reading? Any fiction, auto-biographies, favourite authors, etc..
    Wow, this is a very difficult question to answer. To give a Sarah Palin like response (lol), I like to read, so it is difficult to list them or even to pick out favorites. So I guess I'll just list the books I recently read. I am currently reading a book by H. Maccoby, a Talmudic scholar. Before that, I read a book by Dr. Bart Ehrman, a Bible scholar. Before that, I read a book by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab called Kitab at-Tawheed (The Book of Monotheism), along with an exegesis on it and two of his follow-up books as well. Before that, I read a few books on the Crusades, and before that I read introductory guides to Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, and Protestantism. And before that I read a guide to the Bible (Bible for Dummies, which is a great book by the way lol).

I can't remember past that...So that's my recent reading history for you.

Concurrently, I also just pick up an encyclopedia, open up a random section and read a page or two. I've been doing that for the last 15 years and I strongly recommend doing it.

I used to read fictional books, but I stopped doing that a few years back. I just don't have time any more. Plus, why read fiction when you can watch television! (I'm a huge fan of tv shows...I watch two episodes of TV a day, and it is probably the highlight of my day, lol.) But when I *did* read fictional books, I read mostly John Grisham and Michael Crichton. Grisham's books started dropping in quality precipitously.

As for autobiographies, I have read some but not any in the recent past. The last one I read was entitled "My Jihad", written by a man who fought in Chechnya alongside the Mujahideen and who also worked for the CIA. Probably my favorite autobiography was that of Malcolm X, but I read that in sixth grade, lol.

As for newspapers, I stopped reading them recently, because they make me depressed/angry. Same with the news. I mean, I still glance to see what the heck is going on, but I try not to look too closely. I want to focus on religion, not politics...because politics is the road to extremism.

Hope this kind of answers your question. Again, sorry for the Sarah Palin like response.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-17-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Peace be unto you, Kale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Here is a question for you buffed. A very good friend of mine is a Muslim and he thinks and preaches along similar lines to you ( ie not a radical). He keeps trying to tell me that everything that you read in the Koran is provable by science. Whats your view on that ?
    I am a huge opponent of this "let's prove the Quran through science" approach. It stems from a horrible inferiority complex in the minds of many Muslims. They think that we need to validate ourselves through the Western science. As is well known, the Western world excels in science currently, whereas the Muslim world is in the dark ages. This has created an inferiority complex in the minds of some Muslims who are enamored to the extent that they feel this love-hate relationship. So they wish to validate their religion through science, basically thinking that "hey, if science says our religion is good, then our religion must be good."

Don't get me wrong: I think the Muslim world should take from the Western world when it comes to science. We should embrace it just like we did in our own golden age. We took from the Greeks and Romans back then, so we should do the same with the West today.

But this whole "proving" Islam or the Quran through science is foolishness. What they do is take vague verses of the Quran and make it mean what they want it to mean, then point to it and say "see! It matches what science says!" Interestingly enough, the opponents of Islam use the exact methodology to make the Quran go against science. I find both approaches to be highly simplistic. You can do the same thing to almost any other book on earth. I remember when they found a secret code to the Bible, it was considered a major breakthrough and validation for Christianity. But then they showed how you could find codes in the newspaper or just about any text. So I feel that the same is the case with the Quran.

So I always advise younger Muslims to avoid using this approach of seeking to validate their religion through science. Nobody is going to convert to Islam because it talks about some scientific trivia in the Quran! Give me a break. Prophet Muhammad [s] himself told us how to introduce people to Islam. He told us: begin with the Oneness of God. Call them towards absolute monotheism. And then teach them how all the prophets since the beginning of time taught this same message. Simple. That formula has worked for hundreds of years...why do we have to change it up now???

Basically, when Muslims try to make the Quran mean something scientifically, or critics of Islam try to make the Quran mean something opposite to science, in both instances I just roll my eyes, and say: let us talk about the Oneness of God. This is our creed. This is the basis of our faith. This is what makes Islam unique, and this is what Islam has to offer humanity. The path to salvation is through this creed, not through knowing some scientific trivia. Yes, we Muslims should embrace science, but proving one through the other is foolishness.

Hope this helps. Again, this is just my opinion. Wallahu Aalim.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-17-2009 at 10:28 AM.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Again, BuffedGuy, thanks again for the enlightenment!!!!

Here's my next question...

What is Wahabism (Wajabism, I've seen it spelled in different ways)? And do moderates like yourself consider it a form of true Islam. I ask because I saw a documentary yesterday on the History Channel called 'Inside the Taliban' and that is the extreme fundamentalism used by Saudi Arabia, the Taliban, and others. From what I saw, it outlaws most modern technologies and severly oppresses women. It wishes to put the world back in the 1400s. Is this true?

Peace be unto you, BgMc31.

In the Name of God, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Again, BuffedGuy, thanks again for the enlightenment!!!!

Here's my next question...

What is Wahabism (Wajabism, I've seen it spelled in different ways)? And do moderates like yourself consider it a form of true Islam. I ask because I saw a documentary yesterday on the History Channel called 'Inside the Taliban' and that is the extreme fundamentalism used by Saudi Arabia, the Taliban, and others. From what I saw, it outlaws most modern technologies and severly oppresses women. It wishes to put the world back in the 1400s. Is this true?
    Excellent question.

This is one of my main grievances against the media and so-called Non-Muslim "experts" on Islam or terrorism. They get it all wrong. I don't blame them too much, because I seriously don't think anyone but a Muslim who is in the know could actually have an accurate picture of these things. Think of it this way: I've been on this forum for a few weeks now, and I see that most of you here agree that the media (even medical experts) have it all wrong on steroids . They just get it all wrong. They draw incredible generalizations and gloss over all the details, messing up everything in the process. Am I correct in saying this?

Well, it is the same with Islam. I remember that once I was reading some Western newspaper and they had pictures of the Ashoora festival, which is practiced by Shi'ites. In this ritualistic ceremony, they practice self-flagellation and even use blades on their bodies; all of this is to mourn the death of their Imam. I read the caption given by the newspaper, and it said that these were Wahhabi followers.

A Muslim in the know would get a good laugh at this, because these are Shi'ites, not Wahhabis. Wahhabis and Shi'ites hate each other, and Wahhabis say that this Ashoora festival is paganism. Wahhabis consider it a part of paganism to use self-flagellation. So it is kind of like showing a picture of the pope and his followers doing saint worship, with the caption saying these are a bunch of Protestants.

So another one of these horrible mislabeling incidents is claiming that the Taliban were/are Wahhabis. Rather, the Taliban are Deobandis--not Wahhabis. Every time I hear some "expert" saying that the Taliban are Wahhabis, I know truly how ignorant this person is. I mean, I don't expect every person on earth to know the difference, but I *am* opposed to those who prance around as "experts" imparting disinformation. It is one thing to be ignorant; it is quite another to be imparting ignorance on others.

Alright, so what the heck are all these groups?

I already explained the difference between Sunnis and Shi'ites. That post is on the first page of this thread. So these are two different sects. (Although we Sunnis deplore this term "sect", since we claim that the Shi'ites are the sect, whereas we are the jama'ah, i.e. mainstream. Of course, the Shi'ites consider us a sect.)

Wahhabis are a subgroup within Sunni Islam. (Deobandis are another subgroup, which is what the Taliban were.) Basically, all these subgroups are Sunni and they agree on all the fundamentals (unlike Sunnis and Shi'ites who have very big differences), but they *do* have minor differences. A discussion of these differences would be beyond the scope of this discussion, simply because it requires that the reader have some experience and background in Islam.

Now it is true that Al-Qaeda is Wahhabi and the Taliban are Deobandis. However, it is completely incorrect to claim that Wahhabis and Deobandis are extremists/terrorists/etc. It is like saying: "The KKK are Protestants, therefore I deduce that Protestantism teaches racism." Yes, the KKK are Protestants, but to jump to the conclusion that they are racists because they are Protestants is flawed logic. In fact, you could refute this by saying "well, there are plenty of Protestants that are not only opposed to racism but who hate the KKK."

So the same thing has happened with Wahhabism and Al-Qaeda. Yes, Al-Qaeda are Wahhabis, but the fact is that more Wahhabis hate Al-Qaeda than are Al-Qaeda. In fact, there has been no stronger opposition to Al-Qaeda in the Muslim world than from the Wahhabis themselves.

The truth is that extremism has nothing to do with Wahhabism, Deobandism, etc. I know the West is trying to look for the bad guy, so it is quite easy to say "Wahhabis are the bad Muslims, and the rest are OK." But it is just not true. Extremists exist in every single subgroup, so it would be incorrect to say that extremism is a result of one group's theology. And the majority of each subgroup is usually moderate.

What happened was that Al-Qaeda just happened to be Wahhabi, so everyone assumed that Wahhabism is the big bad guy. Some of the competing subgroups in the Islamic world capitalized on this, and fed into this lie. It is like taking information on Protestantism from Catholics! Of course they are going to have a bias! So to answer your question: no, it is not true that there is anything inherently wrong with Wahhabism that leads to terrorism, oppression of women, or backwardness. Yes, these problems exist in the Muslim world, but they have no correlation to the theology of the subgroups themselves. I have in previous posts addressed the causes of extremism in the Muslim world. So within Wahhabism, you have all types, including extremists and moderates--and everything in between.

Lastly, I just want to say that no Wahhabi actually uses the term "Wahhabis". It is actually considered a derogatory term. They refer to themselves as "Salafis", and only those who oppose them call them "Wahhabis", which is considered offensive.

Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions on this matter.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-17-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Kale, as a follow-up to my previous answer, here is why I say what I said: Prophet Muhammad [s] said:
    "You will be going to the People of the Scripture [Jews and Christians], so the first thing you should invite them to is the Oneness of God." (Sahih Bukhari, Vol.9, Book 93, #469)
    And in another narration, he said that the first thing we should call the People of the Scripture to is:
    "…to single out God alone in worship." (Sahih Bukhari, #1389/1425)
    God says in the Quran:
    "Say: O People of the Scripture! Come to a common word between us and you: (1) that we shall worship none but God, (2) and that we shall not ascribe a partner unto Him, (3) and none of us shall take others for lords besides God. And if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are Muslims." (Quran, 3:64)

This--coupled with my own understanding--is why I think it is not right for us Muslims to approach Non-Muslims with this whole "proving" Islam through science thing. Rather, we should call them towards the unity of God concept, which is the basis of our religion. Changing up the formula of preaching is not a good idea, in my humble opinion. Wallahu Aalim.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-18-2009 at 12:09 AM.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    What are your views on what is happening in Iraq right now......

Peace be unto you, Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie64 View Post
    love the thread buffedguy. what part of the middle east do you live? how do you like it there?
    I realized I missed your post...Thanks for your kind words. I was actually born and raised in the United States. However, I have spent some five years in Pakistan, although I am back in the States now.

Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    What are your views on what is happening in Iraq right now......
    Peace be unto you, Prone2Rage.

I have addressed the issue of Iraq in this post:

The Unofficial "Ask a Muslim" Thread.

If you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask, God-Willing.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    please forgive me if you answered this already. (i did look but it has gotten long)

I am in the US Army, And as in all wars the military uses terms to describe the enemy (huns, charlie, etc). The term used now is Hajj, I know where it comes from. Also what the world means. Do muslims find it offensive???

I am very much against any hate because of ones race, color,creed or religion. I refuse to use the term. I think one we are not at war with muslims, and the term is religious based.

but i have been told by a muslim friend that he didn't find it offensive. but he also lives in the states and does not hear it used as most do.

Do you find it offensive? or just stupid un-informed people?

Peace be unto you, Quarry.

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    please forgive me if you answered this already. (i did look but it has gotten long)

I am in the US Army, And as in all wars the military uses terms to describe the enemy (huns, charlie, etc). The term used now is Hajj, I know where it comes from. Also what the world means. Do muslims find it offensive???

I am very much against any hate because of ones race, color,creed or religion. I refuse to use the term. I think one we are not at war with muslims, and the term is religious based.

but i have been told by a muslim friend that he didn't find it offensive. but he also lives in the states and does not hear it used as most do.

Do you find it offensive? or just stupid un-informed people?
    Well, I've never heard of this epithet, so I cannot really say with certainty. But if it said in a derogatory way, then of course it should be avoided. Plus, why not just say "Muslim" or "Iraqi"? Hajj refers to the pilgrimage that Muslims make to Mecca, and a Hajji is the one who goes on this pilgrimage. Calling someone Hajj is saying "hey you pilgrimage, come here!"

Having said that, I have my criticisms of the men in the US military. I have seen rampant racism amongst their ranks. I have noticed they call us "a**holes" and "sand-n***er" a lot. They way they treat the Muslims makes my blood boil. I tend to find older veterans to be good people, but as for the younger ones, I am highly critical of most of them. I think a lot of things come with maturity and perspective in life, which the younger ones simply do not have. On the other hand, many of the veterans from Vietnam and Korea that I've met have had much more nuanced views of the world. But then again, I went to UC Berkeley and it is known as a very liberal place, so I don't know if the veterans there are representative of everywhere.

I'm not saying every person in the US military is evil. I'm just saying that there are serious problems. Also, keep in mind that I find many things about America to be awesome. I just don't like the foreign policy, nor how the military is used to subjugate other lands. Like I said, I believe in Dr. Ron Paul's foreign policy views, which involve withdrawing military forces from every foreign nation and only using them for defense of the nation inside of America should she ever get attacked.

Wallahu Aalim.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-20-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Prophet Muhammad and His Rejection of Extravagance

It is not possible that a messenger of God is one whose goal is to enrich himself with worldly goods. We can look at the life of Prophet Muhammad as proof of this; he lived in abject poverty throughout his life. Even when Prophet Muhammad became the leader of the entire Arabia, he chose to live an ascetic life. At that time, the monarchs of Persia and Byzantium lived with great pomp and extravagance, but Prophet Muhammad despised all of that.

It is recorded that if some money came into his possession in the morning, by sunset he would have distributed it amongst the poor. He did not live in a palace like the monarchs of that time. Rather, Prophet Muhammad lived in a small cramped house made of mud walls and thatched with date-palm leaves. Even though he was the supreme leader of Arabia, his house would some days remain dark due to his not being able to afford oil for the lamp.

At times, he did not even have the flour with which to prepare bread.
    Prophet Muhammad was humble and simple. Although he was God’s Messenger and the leader of Arabia, he worked alongside the ordinary laborers, he mended his own shoes, milked cows, swept the house, and fed the camels. He never wore extravagant clothes or expensive jewelry. Instead, he wore old, simple, and rough clothes. He did not ride around in expensive horses. He would eat very simple meals, and he would oftentimes go to sleep without food, tying rocks to his stomach in order to ward off pangs of hunger.

Prophet Muhammad slept on such a hard surface that it left welts on his body. One of the Prophet’s disicples said to him:
    “O Prophet of God! If you command us, we could get you a soft mattress to sleep on.”
    The Prophet refused and said:
    “What connection have I got with this world? My connection with this world is similar to that of a traveler who takes shade for a short while under a tree, then leaves it and continues his journey (i.e. towards the Hereafter).”
    What wealth he had, Prophet Muhammad would give it as charity to the poor. He forbade people from standing up when he entered into a room (as was common at the time for monarchs, judges, etc), he shunned excessive praise, and he used to serve food to his guests, something unheard of amongst leaders of great nations.

On journeys, he would go to collect wood just as everyone else would; when his followers would ask to do it for him, the Prophet would reply:
    “I know you could do it for me, but I hate to have any privilege over you.”
    Non-Muslim ambassadors would have a hard time telling who the leader of the nation was, because he used to dress and carry himself so simply. Prophet Muhammad refused to declare himself King of men, but instead chose to be Slave of God. Prophet Muhammad used to pray to God:
    "O God, grant me life as a poor person, cause me to die as a poor person and resurrect me in the company of the poor." (Sunan at-Tirmidhi)
    Due to his excessive charity, on his deathbed the Prophet of Islam had only seven dinars (coins) in his pockets, which he hurriedly distributed amongst the poor so that he could die literally penniless; this was born out of his fear of being held accountable in the Court of God for abusing wealth. In the end, the greatest leader of history died without having enough money to pay for his own funeral, and his family had to pawn his shield to cover of the cost a proper burial.

The Quran says:
    "Do not be extravagant, for certainly He (God) likes not the extravagant." (Quran, 7:31)

More on the Prohibition of Killing Children

It is narrated that during one very pitched battle with the enemy:
    The people had killed so fiercely that day that they even killed some children...So this news reached the Messenger of God and he said: "What is wrong with some people that the killing today had caused them to go so far as to kill children?!"

So a man said, "O Messenger of God, they are just children of the polytheists!"

So he (Prophet Muhammad) said:

"Nay, verily the best of you are the children of polytheists [who converted to monotheism in adulthood]!" Then he said: "Nay, do not kill children!"

(Silsilah al-Ahaadeeth as-Saheehah, #402)

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Is the olive tree important to muslims??

Peace be unto you, Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Is the olive tree important to muslims??
    Both the Bible and the Quran mention the olive tree as being a blessed tree.

The Quran says:
    "God is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is that of a lamp placed in an alcove--enclosed in glass--that shines like a radiant star. The lamp is kindled from a blessed olive tree...Its Light issues forth in all directions...Light upon light!" (Quran, 24:35)

And it is mentioned in other places of the Quran as well. Prophet Muhammad [s] said:
    "Anoint yourselves with olive oil because it comes from a blessed tree."
    All three of the Abrahamic faiths (Judaism/Christianity/Islam) believe in this, which can be gleaned from this Christian website:

SYMBOLISM AND ANOINTING

The anointing of people and objects with olive oil has a long history and a sacred significance. We first meet the practice in the Bible when Jacob, after he had seen the vision of a ladder from earth to heaven, poured oil (Heb. shemen) upon the rock that had been his pillow (Genesis 28:18). Later in the same place God spoke to him and Jacob again poured oil on a stone pillar (Genesis 35:14). By this symbolic act he set aside that place, which he called Bethel, as holy. Anointing was presumably a well-established practice even at that early date.

Later, we see Moses being commanded by God to prepare holy anointing oil with a fixed composition (see chapter 14) for the anointing of the tent of meeting, the Tabernacle, and all its contents. The furniture and utensils were thereby consecrated `that they may be most holy; whatever touches them will become holy' (Exodus 30:29), and Aaron and his sons were also anointed `that they may serve me as priests' (Exodus 30:30). In Leviticus (8:10-11) we find Moses putting this into practice, with the altar itself being anointed seven times. Furthermore, Moses had to warn the people of Israel of its holiness:

`It shall be for you most holy. And the incense which you shall make according to its composition, you shall not make for yourselves; it shall be for you holy to the Lord. Whoever makes any like it to use as perfume shall be cut off from his people' (Exodus 30:36-38).

Throughout the Old Testament, anointing signifies the holiness of the anointed objects or persons, their separation to God, and also divine authority.

From the anointing of the priest it was a simple step to the anointing of the king or of the king-designate. `They anointed David king over the house of Judah' (2 Samuel 2:4; see also Judges 9:8-9; 1 Kings 1:34); and prophets, such as Elisha (1 Kings 19:16). Jotham's story of the trees (Judges 9:8-15) stresses the role of the olive tree in this respect. Personal anointing (Psalm 104:15; Micah 6:15) on the other hand was not symbolic, for in the dry Mediterranean climate the cool, smooth olive oil is pleasantly soothing (Isaiah 1:6) for the skin and as a hair-dressing (Psalm 23:5).

All these anointings, apart from the personal one, were regarded as acts of God, and of sanctifying significance. For example, when the prophet Samuel poured oil on Saul's head he said: `Has not the Lord anointed you to be prince over His people Israel?' (1 Samuel 10:1). Anointing with oil is associated with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in both the Old Testament (e.g., 1 Samuel 16:13; Isaiah 61:1), and the New Testament (e.g., Acts 10:38; 1 John 2:20).
    http://198.62.75.1/www1/ofm/mag/HolyLnA4.html

Hope that answers your question.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.

GORILA-UNIT is offline Member

Mashallah brother

God bless u buffguy for taking the time and effort to put this form together. Mashallah brotha

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Peace be unto all those who seek righteous guidance.

I know there are a lot of questions people have for Muslims. I hope I can help answer some of them, God Willing. I only ask that you be courteous, and most importantly, that you limit the length of your post and not post a billion things at once, especially if it's just hater-ation. Let's keep this thread friendly, or at least cordial, and also limit it to those who actually want to learn something, not those who want to push their agendas.

I should qualify this thread by saying that it should *actually* read "Ask an orthodox Muslim" thread. So I don't speak for ALL Muslims, only religious, practicing, and fairly conservative ones. I do, however, believe that I speak for mainstream Islam.

I promise not to mince words and I'll tell it to you as it is, with honesty and academic integrity.

Ask away.

In the Care of The Lord,
    -Saladin
    hey brother, when do you see the end "rapture" or "armogedon" happening, and does the muslim faith have a book of "revelation" ?

keep up with the enegry!!! fyi i have prayed for you ...

Buffedguy I just want to say that this is one of the most awesome threads I have ever read, and your dedication to your religion is just amazing. If there is a heaven then I am sure you will have a special place there my friend !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GORILA-UNIT View Post
    God bless u buffguy for taking the time and effort to put this form together. Mashallah brotha
    Jazakh-Allah khair, ya akhee.

May God reward you.

Buffedguy I just want to say that this is one of the most awesome threads I have ever read, and your dedication to your religion is just amazing. If there is a heaven then I am sure you will have a special place there my friend !!!!
    Thank you very much for your kind words. As Malcolm X [r] said:
    "And if I can die having brought any light, having exposed any meaningful truth...then, all of the credit is due to God. Only the mistakes have been mine."
    May God guide you and I both to the straight path, so that we may attain salvation and the Gardens of Paradise.

EDIT: Amcon, I am working on your question, God-Willing. It is a good one and will require some time.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-20-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Peace be unto you, Amcon.

Thank you for your kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    hey brother, when do you see the end "rapture" or "armogedon" happening, and does the muslim faith have a book of "revelation" ?
    Yes, we believe in Armageddon and the battle between good and evil that will take place at the End of Times. We believe that the Hour is near and at hand, although nobody but God can know when it is; the knowledge of the Hour is with God alone. Not even the prophets--not even Jesus or Muhammad (peace be upon them both)--has knowledge of it.

God says in the Quran:
    "They ask you about the Hour, 'When will be its appointed time?' You have no knowledge to say anything about it. Only your Lord knows when it will come. You are only a warner for those who fear it. On that Day when they shall see it, they shall feel as if they had stayed in this world only one evening or one morning." (Quran, 79:42-46)

"They ask you about the Hour, 'When will be its appointed time?' Say: 'The knowledge thereof is with my Lord; none but He can reveal as to when it will occur. Heavy is its burden throughout the heavens and the earth. It will not come upon you except unexpectedly and all of a sudden.' They ask you as if you are familiar with it. Say: 'Its knowledge is with God alone!'" (Quran, 7:187)

"Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with God alone! It is He Who sends down rain, and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does any soul knows what it will earn tomorrow; Nor does anyone know in what land he is to die. Verily with God is full knowledge and He is acquainted with all things." (Quran, 31:34)
    One time, a man came to Prophet Muhammad [s] and asked him when the Hour would be. To this, Prophet Muhammad [s] replied:
    "The one questioned about it knows no better than the questioner."
    So although God does not say when it will occur, He does warn us:
    "The Hour draws near." (Quran, 54:1)
    This belief--that the House is near--has been the belief of the Muslims for the last 1,400 years. We do not think that this is contradictory, because we believe that 1,400 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things. We live on this earth for 80 years or so, but when we are resurrected to live in the eternal life, it will feel like that we were only on this earth for a few seconds.

When a Muslim baby is born, the parents whisper the Call to Prayer in his ear. When that same Muslim dies eighty years later, the Muslim community prays his funeral prayer. So it is said that our life is so short that it is like the time between the Call of Prayer to the time when the prayer is offered. As is known, only a few seconds pass between the time that the Call to Prayer is given and when the prayer is started. Our lives then are like this: only a few seconds long in the grand scheme of things. When we die and our souls taken out, we will complain that the time was too short, and we thought that Judgment was far off instead of impending.

It is like a homework assignment...the teacher gives us three months to do it, but when the last week comes, we still think we did not have enough time to do it and are rushing to complete it.

Prophet Muhammad [s] was continually asked about when the Hour would arrive. So he would reply: "What have you prepared for it?" The Hour is indeed near, and we must hasten in our good deeds, lest we be caught unaware when the Day comes upon us. To get into a prestigious college, a high school student does not wait until twelfth grade to start his preparation for it. If he did that, surely he would never get into the school of his choice. Rather, the good student starts worrying about college as soon as he enters into high school, or even before that!

For almost everything in life, we prepare early for it, knowing full well that if we snooze, we lose. I have been studying for my USMLE exam for months, knowing that if I left it to the last minute, I'd surely fail. Yet for the most important matter--our status on the Day of Judgment--we are lethargic and we procrastinate, thinking that:
    "The fire shall not touch us but for a few days!" (Quran, 3:24)

But when the Hour comes, it will be upon our heads. So we must prepare *now* for that Day. For everything in life, there is a price; nobody expects to get into a university without putting in a certain amount of work to get into it. We put in a certain amount of work to get a good job, to buy a house, etc...We work hard to maintain our bodies, spending a great deal of our wealth and time in such endeavors. But when it comes to the Day of Judgment, we question God and ask why doesn't He just grant it to us without any work on our part. How could we expect that Paradise would be attained without any effort, whereas we do not even expect to get into a university without expending a great deal of energy? We are willing to work hard for everything, except for that which is most important: our eternal resting place.

Palaces and castles in Paradise await those who do not waste their lives in vain pursuits and desires. We must be steadfast in righteousness, and the treasures of Paradise will be ours. No soul knows even if it shall awaken the next morning; there is no time to waste. Life is short; it is time to prepare for our final destination now.

May God guide us to the Straight Path, so that we may be of those who are saved.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-20-2009 at 02:59 PM.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    i noticed that with a few of your questions you have had to, for lack of better words, research to give a proper and full answer. so though you started this thread to teach those who wanted to learn or understand about anothers religion.. but through this thread do you think it has helped you learn more for yourself? since some questions you had to look more indepth?

Peace be unto you, Quarry.

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    i noticed that with a few of your questions you have had to, for lack of better words, research to give a proper and full answer. so though you started this thread to teach those who wanted to learn or understand about anothers religion.. but through this thread do you think it has helped you learn more for yourself? since some questions you had to look more indepth?
    Actually there were only about two questions that I didn't know the answer to. There was the olive tree one and one other one (forgot which one it was). As for the rest, it took some time producing an answer because it took time finding the relevant quotes from the Quran and from Prophet Muhammad [s]. I mean to say, I knew which verses I wanted to use, but I did not have them memorized, so looking them up, typing them out, etc. took some time, and hence the long delays.

Oh yes, there was another question that somebody asked me via PM that I didn't know about (i.e. medical marijuana), so I asked a student of religion about that.

Nonetheless, I have learned a lot from this thread, not simply from answering the questions, but from interacting with Non-Muslims in this way. Knowledge attained from books is one thing, but interacting with others is something that expands one's horizons. One of my greatest grievances towards some students of Islamic religion is that they live in caves (metaphorically speaking), never interacting with Non-Muslims, those with differing viewpoints, etc. This limits their potential greatly. So yes, I would say I have definitely benefited a lot from this thread, perhaps the most of all. And I must say that the people on this forum are great overall, and I did not expect that. I had expected to be hated upon, but instead people were very warm, welcoming, and open-minded.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-20-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Just to add one more point to the previous post of mine: in Islam, it is considered sinful to speak on matters of religion without speaking with certainty of knowledge. In other words, Muslims are forbidden to speak on matters of religion unless they are sure of the truth in what they are saying. This is a part of protecting the religion from corruption, from doubts and uncertainty. That is why I only answer questions if I am sure about the answer.

Think about it like this: if some poster on this forum answered questions about steroids without being sure of what he is saying, i.e. if he was just bumbling around and throwing out guesses, then he could bring a lot of harm to others. Someone might follow him and then harm his body in the process. So with religion--since it is a matter of salvation--the matter is even more precarious, as we may harm someone's soul by giving wrong information.

In other words, I'd love to say that I learned the answers to questions as people asked them to me, but this would mean that I didn't know anything and yet still decided to take it upon myself to field questions. In Islam, we are opposed to this, and say that a person should have some minimal level of qualifications or knowledge to answer questions, or otherwise he should simply remain silent. To say something wrong about religion is ascribing a lie to God and His Messenger, so we seek God's Refuge from doing that.

We should not follow conjecture, but certainty. God warns:
    "They follow nothing but conjecture and what their own souls desire! Even though there has already come to them guidance from their Lord!” (Quran, Najm:23)

“But they have no knowledge therein. They follow nothing but conjecture; and conjecture avails nothing against truth.” (Quran, Najm:28)

“Have you any certain knowledge? ...You follow nothing but conjecture: you do nothing but lie (against God).” (Quran, Anaam:148)

Wallahu Aalim.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-20-2009 at 03:53 PM.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Peace be unto you, Amcon.

Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, we believe in Armageddon and the battle between good and evil that will take place at the End of Times. We believe that the Hour is near and at hand, although nobody but God can know when it is; the knowledge of the Hour is with God alone. Not even the prophets--not even Jesus or Muhammad (peace be upon them both)--has knowledge of it.

God says in the Quran:
    "They ask you about the Hour, 'When will be its appointed time?' You have no knowledge to say anything about it. Only your Lord knows when it will come. You are only a warner for those who fear it. On that Day when they shall see it, they shall feel as if they had stayed in this world only one evening or one morning." (Quran, 79:42-46)

"They ask you about the Hour, 'When will be its appointed time?' Say: 'The knowledge thereof is with my Lord; none but He can reveal as to when it will occur. Heavy is its burden throughout the heavens and the earth. It will not come upon you except unexpectedly and all of a sudden.' They ask you as if you are familiar with it. Say: 'Its knowledge is with God alone!'" (Quran, 7:187)

"Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with God alone! It is He Who sends down rain, and He Who knows what is in the wombs. Nor does any soul knows what it will earn tomorrow; Nor does anyone know in what land he is to die. Verily with God is full knowledge and He is acquainted with all things." (Quran, 31:34)
    One time, a man came to Prophet Muhammad [s] and asked him when the Hour would be. To this, Prophet Muhammad [s] replied:
    "The one questioned about it knows no better than the questioner."
    So although God does not say when it will occur, He does warn us:
    "The Hour draws near." (Quran, 54:1)
    This belief--that the House is near--has been the belief of the Muslims for the last 1,400 years. We do not think that this is contradictory, because we believe that 1,400 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things. We live on this earth for 80 years or so, but when we are resurrected to live in the eternal life, it will feel like that we were only on this earth for a few seconds.

When a Muslim baby is born, the parents whisper the Call to Prayer in his ear. When that same Muslim dies eighty years later, the Muslim community prays his funeral prayer. So it is said that our life is so short that it is like the time between the Call of Prayer to the time when the prayer is offered. As is known, only a few seconds pass between the time that the Call to Prayer is given and when the prayer is started. Our lives then are like this: only a few seconds long in the grand scheme of things. When we die and our souls taken out, we will complain that the time was too short, and we thought that Judgment was far off instead of impending.

It is like a homework assignment...the teacher gives us three months to do it, but when the last week comes, we still think we did not have enough time to do it and are rushing to complete it.

Prophet Muhammad [s] was continually asked about when the Hour would arrive. So he would reply: "What have you prepared for it?" The Hour is indeed near, and we must hasten in our good deeds, lest we be caught unaware when the Day comes upon us. To get into a prestigious college, a high school student does not wait until twelfth grade to start his preparation for it. If he did that, surely he would never get into the school of his choice. Rather, the good student starts worrying about college as soon as he enters into high school, or even before that!

For almost everything in life, we prepare early for it, knowing full well that if we snooze, we lose. I have been studying for my USMLE exam for months, knowing that if I left it to the last minute, I'd surely fail. Yet for the most important matter--our status on the Day of Judgment--we are lethargic and we procrastinate, thinking that:
    "The fire shall not touch us but for a few days!" (Quran, 3:24)

But when the Hour comes, it will be upon our heads. So we must prepare *now* for that Day. For everything in life, there is a price; nobody expects to get into a university without putting in a certain amount of work to get into it. We put in a certain amount of work to get a good job, to buy a house, etc...We work hard to maintain our bodies, spending a great deal of our wealth and time in such endeavors. But when it comes to the Day of Judgment, we question God and ask why doesn't He just grant it to us without any work on our part. How could we expect that Paradise would be attained without any effort, whereas we do not even expect to get into a university without expending a great deal of energy? We are willing to work hard for everything, except for that which is most important: our eternal resting place.

Palaces and castles in Paradise await those who do not waste their lives in vain pursuits and desires. We must be steadfast in righteousness, and the treasures of Paradise will be ours. No soul knows even if it shall awaken the next morning; there is no time to waste. Life is short; it is time to prepare for our final destination now.

May God guide us to the Straight Path, so that we may be of those who are saved.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    good to hear that, and i agree we are close and will not know the time... Jesus says it will come in the night like a theif and take what we are not prepaired for...

i am ready - and i want to take as many as i can with me

any volunteers ?

AC

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    good to hear that, and i agree we are close and will not know the time... Jesus says it will come in the night like a theif and take what we are not prepaired for...
    Yes, that is a very beautiful quote.

i am ready - and i want to take as many as i can with me

any volunteers ?
    What exactly do you mean by this?

outlawmuscle is offline Associate Member
    why the hell won't you guys let ur women go to school or go out if they're not covered???

Peace be unto you, OutlawMuscle.

In the Name of God, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Quote Originally Posted by outlawmuscle View Post
    why the hell won't you guys let ur women go to school
    In Islam, it is mandatory for a woman to be educated. It is an innate right that she has.

Prophet Muhammad [s] said:
    "Seeking knowledge is mandatory for every Muslim.'' (Sunan Al-Bayhaqi)
    A woman's right to attain education must be fulfilled by her father or husband, otherwise they will be held in contempt for that. Prophet Muhammad [s] commanded his disciples:
    "Return home to your wives and children and stay with them. Teach them!" (Sahih al-Bukhari)
    Ibn al-Hajj said:
    "It is her right that either her husband should teach her or allow her to go elsewhere to acquire education...The judge must compel the husband to fulfill her demand [should he refuse to do so].” (Al-Mudkhal, Vol.2, p.277)
    In al-Irshad, we read:
    "According to the Law, women have to go out in search of knowledge which husbands cannot provide."
    As to why some people in Afghanistan and parts of Pakistan forbid their women from that, I am not quite sure why they do that. The reason I am not sure is that all the Muslim extremists I refute and engage in debate never deny that women have a right to education. So I suspect that the reason they do that in parts of Afghanistan/Pakistan has more to do with tribal backwardness than religious extremism, although I cannot say for sure.

I will answer your second question--about women covering themselves--in the morning, God-Willing. Also, if you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask those as well. If my answer about women and education was not satisfactory, please let me know, God-Willing.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-22-2009 at 02:50 AM.

I'm about to answer the second question (God-Willing)....I am currently in an all out thread war with Zionists on another forum.

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    i have two muslim friends, one from Bosnia and another from Azerbajan. They say they belive in islam but they do not practice it. They know and accept that god will hold them in some place which is not heaven nor hell until they pay for their sins (not practicing islam plus other sins) and then cos he is mercyfull, after some time, they will go to heaven.
    What do you think of that? is that a popular muslim believe?

Yes, that is a very beautiful quote.

What exactly do you mean by this?
    ^(--- what is ment is that not alot of people believe that God is who he is, or that he is coming back (hopefully soon), and i / we need to educate more people on the coming events... i would like many of my friends in Heaven with me - sadly many as of yet are not...

some people are just so twisted from the flesh that they cant or wont see the light -

Hey BuffedGuy you are going to love this dude. http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...94-661,00.html this tard is one of the reasons why all good Muslims are getting a bad name.

I'm about to answer the second question (God-Willing)....I am currently in an all out thread war with Zionists on another forum.
    Kick there asses dude !!!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information