Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    What exactly is the Kabba, and what is it's significance in Islam?

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    I've abandoned that other forum. Posting there for a few days really made me appreciate this place. You guys were very warm and welcoming. That forum is full of bigots. Right now there is a thread over there discussing how the crux of the Israel-Palestine issue is actually the fact that the Palestinians have lower IQs than the Israelis. They even have a list comparing the Noble Prize science winners from the Palestinians and comparing them to the Israelis. Haha, it's hilarious, because Palestinians don't even have food, medical supplies, let alone books and proper schools...but somehow they are supposed to compete with Israel which is part of the First World!? Give me a break.

Anyways, just wanted to thank people on *this* forum. It was a great experience being here. Thanks a lot guys. The moderators here especially. As well as most of the members.

I'll answer the few questions people asked shortly, God-Willing.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    I've abandoned that other forum. Posting there for a few days really made me appreciate this place. You guys were very warm and welcoming. That forum is full of bigots. Right now there is a thread over there discussing how the crux of the Israel-Palestine issue is actually the fact that the Palestinians have lower IQs than the Israelis. They even have a list comparing the Noble Prize science winners from the Palestinians and comparing them to the Israelis. Haha, it's hilarious, because Palestinians don't even have food, medical supplies, let alone books and proper schools...but somehow they are supposed to compete with Israel which is part of the First World!? Give me a break.

Anyways, just wanted to thank people on *this* forum. It was a great experience being here. Thanks a lot guys. The moderators here especially. As well as most of the members.

I'll answer the few questions people asked shortly, God-Willing.
    Glad you are here, and you've educated me on many things, long may it continue..

Blog Entries
    I asked you a number of days ago about the importance of the olive tree to muslim's, and as you said it is important. I only asked this question bescause i was watching a program at the time that was showing israelis soldiers taking great pleasure in destroying olive groves that belonged to the Palestinians. They would cross the borders just to destroy as many olive trees as possible..

Blog Entries
    BTW send me a pm with the name of this other board so i can go over there and give the aload of shit lol.......

Peace be unto you, Voland.

In the Name of God, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Quote Originally Posted by Voland View Post
    i have two muslim friends, one from Bosnia and another from Azerbajan. They say they belive in islam but they do not practice it. They know and accept that god will hold them in some place which is not heaven nor hell until they pay for their sins (not practicing islam plus other sins) and then cos he is mercyfull, after some time, they will go to heaven.
    What do you think of that? is that a popular muslim believe?
    Prophet Muhammad [s] said:
    "Faith is between fear and hope."
    What this means is that one cannot have true faith until he fears God and hopes for God's Mercy. Both of these two things must be present, i.e. fear and hope--otherwise faith is deficient.

The Quran says about God:
    “Call upon Him with fear and hope.” (Quran, 7:56)
    God describes the true believers in the Quran:
    "They forsake their beds to cry unto their Lord in fear and hope." (Quran, 32:16)
    We believe that this is a matter of upholding pure monotheism, which is the basis of our religion. A person will always fear something; it is impossible not to fear anything. A person will either fear other human beings, oppressors, the authorities, criminals, etc...or he may fear poverty, loss of status, etc.

However, the true believer will reserve his fear only for God alone. So if a person is lost in the wilderness, his natural inclination is to fear bears. But a true believer will realize that the bear can do nothing except by the Will of God. Nothing possess any power to do anything except if God allows it. In this way, the true believer will place his trust and belief in God; he fears nothing but God. This is the ideal form of monotheism.

Fearing other than God is associating partners to God, which is a form of polytheism. It is saying that something other than God has power, whereas it is God Who is the All-Powerful. God says in the Quran:
    "Have no fear of them. Fear Me, if you are true believers." (Quran, 3:175)
    Again and again, God says:
    "Fear Me alone." (Quran, 2:40)
    Similarly, a person should put his hope in God alone--nothing else. To place hope in something else is a form of polytheism. For example, if Palestine is being attacked, the Palestinians must not put their hope and trust in their military weapons. Rather, they must put their hope and trust in God alone.

Fear

The believer is described as being God-fearing. The one who lacks fear of God will become heedless, and disobey the Commands of God. God commands us to pray, to stay away from sins, etc., yet the one who does not fear God will be lax in those matters. This seems to be the case with your two friends, who feel secure from God's Wrath. God describes the believers:
    "They fear their Lord above them, and they do all that they are commanded." (Quran, 16:50)
    Therefore, the believers are those who do what they are commanded to by their Lord Most High, and the one who openly says that he is not going to do this cannot possibly be a true believer.

It should be noted that this "fear" should not be the type of fear one feels of the boogie monster, or what one feels towards criminals, etc. Rather, it should be a fear of awe and reverence, as befits the Lord Most High. God says:
    "God orders you to fear Him in awe." (Quran, 3:28)
    God described the believers as:
    "Those who give what they give while their hearts are in awe, because they are to return to their Lord." (Quran, 23:60)
    When the above verse was revealed, the Prophet's wife asked: "Are those who commit such major sins as fornication, theft, and drinking alcohol (whom God is referring to here)?" Prophet Muhammad [s] replied: "No, Aisha. Those mentioned in the verse are those who--although they perform the prescribed prayers, fasts, and charity-giving--tremble with fear that such acts of worship may not be accepted by God."

God describes the disbelievers as those who feel secure against God. God says in the Quran:
    "Do you feel secure that He Who is in Heaven will not cause you to be swallowed up by the earth when it shakes? Or do you feel secure that He Who is in Heaven will not send against you a wind casting down stones from the sky? That is that you may know the manner of My Warning." (Quran, 67:16-17)

"Did they then feel secure against the plan of God? But no one can feel secure from the Plan of God, except those doomed to ruin." (Quran, 7:99)

Hope

However, if a person *only* feels fear of God without hope, then such a person will also eventually leave faith. God describes the believers, saying:
    "They have hope of God's Mercy: And God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful!" (Quran, 2:218)
    And yes, God's Mercy exceeds His Wrath. However, the believer must have both fear and hope. If he lacks one, he is incomplete. If a person *only* has fear but lacks hope, then he will become demoralized and think there is no hope for him. Such a person might think to himself: "I have so many sins already so there is no point in even trying." Such a person has despaired of God's Mercy, and in fact he has committed polytheism by thinking that God does not have the Power or Mercy to forgive him, as if his sins could overwhelm God's Mercy!

The Quran says:
    "Certainly no one despairs of God's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve."
    (Quran, 12:87)
    God said:
    "O son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind. O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you would seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with sins that are close to filling the earth and then you would meet Me without ascribing any partners with Me, I would certainly bring to you forgiveness close to filling it." (Hadeeth Qudsi)
    And God says in the Quran:
    "Say: O My servants who have transgressed against their own souls, despair not of the mercy of God. Indeed, God forgives all sins. Truly, He is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Quran, 39:53)
    In fact, the name of Satan in Arabic is "Iblis", which comes from the same root as "ablasa", which means "to despair". He was given this name because he despaired of God's Mercy. Satan had transgressed against God, and he thought that "he was a goner" and that God would never forgive him now, so instead of simply repenting to God and setting himself aright, he instead became obstinate in his sinning. To give an analogy: there is a difference between the prisoner who thinks that he might get paroled and the one who is stuck in jail for life without the possibility for parole. The latter will know that there is no point in doing anything, so he won't bother being on good behavior, because he's a "goner" anyways.

So to summarize, the believer must have both fear and hope. God says:
    "Know that God is severe in punishment and that God is Forgiving and Merciful. (Quran, 5:98)
    Prophet Muhammad [s] said about fear and hope:
    "These two qualities do not unite in the heart of a servant except that God gives him what he hopes for and protects him from what he feared."
    There is much more I could say on this matter, but to answer your question: your two friends are severely mistaken, and I pray that they rectify their beliefs.

In the Care of the Lord Most High,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-23-2009 at 11:50 PM.

Peace be unto you, Kale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Hey BuffedGuy you are going to love this dude. http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...94-661,00.html this tard is one of the reasons why all good Muslims are getting a bad name.
    I've never heard of Abu Hamza before, so I'm not going to pass judgment on him. The Herald Sun is not the best newspaper, and often sensationalizes stuff by "gerrymandering" clips, taking words out of context, etc.

I myself believe that alcohol(ism) and prostitution are problems in Western society, and I believe one of the reasons is that people have abandoned God. [1] I am sure that there are many Christian priests who also believe this. What I would be against would be to pass sweeping generalizations; I wouldn't say that *all* Westerners are this way or that way. I also would recognize the many good qualities that Westerners have, etc. So I would recognize the problem, but I wouldn't use it as a hammer to bash people over the head with.

Anyways, the title of the article is reworded in such a way to make sure that it sounds offensive, whereas what Abu Hamza actually said was a little bit less direct. But again, I don't know him. I'm not going to stake my reputation on Abu Hamza (who I don't know), but what I will say is that I've seen many good Islamic dai'ees (preachers) being taken wayyy out of context and wrongfully tarnished by the media.

Some of the harshest criticisms many Islamic preachers have are towards the Muslim community themselves. In fact, one Islamophobic website puts up clips of those sermons as a proof against the Muslims, as if to say "look, your own preacher says this about you!" For example, one very famous Islamic preacher gave a sermon on how Muslims need to stop being lazy, and the Islamophobic site entitled the clip "Islamic preachers admits Muslims are lazy".

What I am trying to say is that this is just how sermons are; one should not draw too many conclusions out of what is said. The Islamic preacher who gave the speech on laziness actually opposed summarizing his speech as "Muslims are lazy", and maybe (who knows?) Abu Hamza would oppose a statement like "Australians are drunks." Rather, a more neutral and fair comment would be "alcoholism is a major problem in Australia."

Wallahu Aalim.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.

[1] I also believe that the Muslim world has its own problems. I think the problem arises when a person only mentions one side's problems and not the other's. This is bigotry to do that.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-24-2009 at 12:40 AM.

Peace be unto you, Kale.

I found the entire sermon given by Abu Hamza (which was criticized by the Herald Sun). The sermon is called "How To Live In Australia as a Muslim", and here it is in its entirety:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBvQgalP3mA

If you listen to the entire speech, you will see how the Herald Sun took it all out of context. The speech given by Abu Hamza is directed against extremists. He's basically saying to the extremists that you should not hate Australians, because if you hate them, then how will you help them? And he said that Muslims should help them come to God and away from vices. In this same speech, he also praises Australia for its freedoms, and criticizes the Muslim world for its lack of freedoms.

I think if you listen to the whole thing, you will see that he doesn't seem like an extremist at all. In reality, I think the extremists are those Islamophobes--like the people at Herald Sun--who try to hatemonger against Muslims by taking things out of context and twisting words. This is similar to what the Nazis did against the Jews--the Elders of Zion comes to mind.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-24-2009 at 12:48 AM.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Dude are you an Aussie ?

Dude are you an Aussie ?
    Nope. American.

Nope. American.
    So how come you know about the Herald Sun, that is a seriously local Newspaper

So how come you know about the Herald Sun, that is a seriously local Newspaper
    Oh, I've read a few articles from the newspaper's website...almost all of which were Islamophobic and sensationalist. I frequent a forum which is populated by a lot of Britishers. They would link to it from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Glad you are here, and you've educated me on many things, long may it continue..
    Thank you for your kind words. You've been one of the most welcoming members.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    I asked you a number of days ago about the importance of the olive tree to muslim's, and as you said it is important. I only asked this question bescause i was watching a program at the time that was showing israelis soldiers taking great pleasure in destroying olive groves that belonged to the Palestinians. They would cross the borders just to destroy as many olive trees as possible..
    Yes, it is very unfortunate.

Oh, I've read a few articles from the newspaper's website...almost all of which were Islamophobic and sensationalist. I frequent a forum which is populated by a lot of Britishers. They would link to it from time to time.
    Yes there are two main papers in Melbourne. The other one is The Age which is the broadsheet intelligent one. The Herald Sun is actually aimed at people with the reading level of a Grade 6 Primary school student. Seriously sensationalized most of it, unfortunately it is lapped up by he masses

Yes there are two main papers in Melbourne. The other one is The Age which is the broadsheet intelligent one. The Herald Sun is actually aimed at people with the reading level of a Grade 6 Primary school student. Seriously sensationalized most of it, unfortunately it is lapped up by he masses
    lol @ the underlined part

I have grievances against most media outlets. I still rely on them, because I do not wish to be of those people who are always using even weaker sources to justify conspiracy theories. So I still rely on the Western media for evidence in discussions, even though I dislike their unbelievable bias. I also believe that God will have a special place waiting for the media in the next life...it will be nice and warm.

So far, the best news media outlet I've found is Al-Jazeera. They really make a concerted effort to be fair and balanced (the mantra of Fox News). I have seen them give both sides of every debate a chance to speak their mind. I don't have access to Al-Jazeera any more, but maybe when I finish school, I'll subscribe to it, God-Willing.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-24-2009 at 02:32 PM.

Some random quotes...

Prophet Muhammad [s] said:
    “Be mindful of God...Get to know God in prosperity and He will know you in adversity.” (Sunan at-Tirmidhi)
    And he [s] said:
    “If you are mindful of God, He will be mindful of you; and if you are mindful of God, you will find Him before you. When you ask for anything ask it from God; and if you seek help, seek help from God. Know that if the people were to unite to do you some benefit, they could benefit you only with what God had decreed for you, and that if they were to unite to do you some injury, they could injure you only with what God had recorded for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages are dry.” (Musnad Ahmad)
    The Quran says:
    [INDENT]"Say: 'Truly, my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death, are all for God, the Lord of the Worlds.'" (Quran, 6:162)
    "Among His Signs are the Night and the Day, and the Sun and the Moon. Adore not the sun and the moon, but adore God, Who created them, if it is Him you wish to serve." (Quran, 41:37)

"Know that the life of this world is nothing but a sport and pastime, and a show and boasting among yourselves and a rivalry in wealth and children. Its example is of vegetation after a shower of rain, which delighted the tillers, but afterward it dries up and you see it turn yellow, then it becomes straw. Contrary to this, in the life of the Hereafter there is severe torment (for those who do evil) and forgiveness from God and His good pleasure (for those who work deeds of righteousness). The life of this world is nothing but an illusion. Race with one another in hastening towards the Paradise the vastness of which is like the vastness of the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who have believed in God and His Messengers. This is God's Bounty which He bestows on whomever He wills, and God's bounty is immense! " (Quran, 57:20-21)

"God is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of the darknesses, He will lead them forth into Light." (quran, 2:257)

"Let there arise from amongst yourselves a community that invites to all that is good, that enjoins the good and forbids the evil. It is they who are the successful ones." (Quran, 3:104)

"And hold fast altogether to the rope of God and do not become divided." (Quran, 3:102)

"And help you one another in righteousness and piety, and do not help one another in sin and transgression." (Quran, 5:2)

"Indeed God will not change the condition of a people until they first change the condition of their inner-selves." (Quran, 8:25)

"God commands justice, the doing of good, and giving to kith and kin, and He forbids all indecent deeds, and evil and rebellion: He instructs you, that you may receive admonition." (Quran, 16:90)

"By the time! through the ages; Verily, man is in loss! Except such as have Faith, and do good deeds, and join together in the mutual teaching of truth, and of patience and constancy." (Quran, 103:1-3)

"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to God, even against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be against rich or poor: for God can best protect both. Follow not desires, lest you swerve, and if you distort justice, or decline to do justice, verily God is well-acquainted with all that you do." (Quran, 4:135)

"Let not the hatred of people towards you move you to commit injustice. Be just! That is next to piety. And fear God. For God is well-acquainted with all that you do." (Quran, 5:8)

"God loves those who are just." (Quran, 60:8)

"Indeed this nation of yours is a single nation, and I am your Lord, so worship Me alone." (Quran, 21:92)

"So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of God is true. Nor let those shake your firmness, those who have no certainty of faith." (Quran, 30:60)

"Blessed is He in Whose Hands is the Kingdom--who is Powerful over everything--Who has created death and life, so that He might test you as to which among you proves to be good in conduct." (Quran, 67:1-2)

"Whosoever holds fast to God, he has been guided onto the Straight Path." (Quran, 3:101)

"It is He who accepts repentance from His servants, and pardons their sins, and knows all that you do. And He answers those who have faith and do righteous deeds, and gives them--out of His bounty--far more." (Quran, 42:25-26)

"The true servants of the Most Merciful are those who behave gently and with humility on earth, and whenever the foolish quarrel with them, they reply with words of peace." (Quran, 25:63)

"Turn not your cheek away from people in scorn and pride, and walk not on earth haughtily; for God does not love anyone who acts proudly and boastfully. Be modest in your bearing and lower your voice; for the ugliest sound is the donkey’s braying." (Quran, 31:18-19)

"And be true to every promise--for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." (Quran, 17:34)

"Your Lord has decreed that you shall serve none but Him, and be good to your parents. Should one or both of them reach old age with you, never say 'Ugh' to them, nor scold either of them; but speak to them kindly and respectfully, spread over them the wings of humility and mercy, and say, ‘My Lord, have mercy upon them, as they raised me up when I was little.’"(Quran, 17:23-24)

"And We have enjoined on man to be good to his parents: in travail upon travail did his mother bear him, and in years twain was his weaning. Hear the command: Show gratitude to Me and to your parents: to Me is your eventual destination." (Quran, 31:14)

"No matter where you may be, death will find you, even if you are in fortified towers built up strong and high!" (Quran, 4:78)

"When a courteous greeting is offered to you by someone, meet it with a greeting still more courteous." (Quran, 4:86)

"Not equal are those believers who sit at home and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of God with their wealth and their lives. God has granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their wealth and their lives than to those who sit at home. Unto all has God promised good: but those who strive and fight has He distinguished above those who sit at home by a special reward." (Quran, 4:95)

"O you who believe! Let not your riches or your children divert you from the remembrance of God. If any act thus, the loss is their own. And spend of that wherewith We have provided you before death comes unto one of you and he says: 'My Lord! If only you would reprieve me for a little while, then I would give alms and be among the righteous.' But to no soul will God grant respite when the time appointed for it has come; and God is well acquainted with all that you do." (Quran, 63:9-11)

"And God sends down rain from the skies, and gives therewith life to the earth after its death: verily in this is a Sign for those who listen." (Quran, 16:65)

"Who will loan to God a beautiful loan which God will increase manifold? God alone can decrease and increase wealth, and to Him you shall return" (Quran, 2:245)

"To each of you God has prescribed a Law and a Way. If God would have willed, He would have made you a single people. But God's purpose is to test you in what he has given each of you, so strive in the pursuit of virtue, and know that you will all return to God, and He will resolve all the matters in which you disagree." (Quran, 5:49)

“Those who believe, and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of God: for without doubt in the remembrance of God do hearts find rest.” (Quran, 13:28)

"If you would count up the favors of God, never would you be able to number them: for God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Quran, 16)

"Behold! In the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which God sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- Here indeed are Signs for a people that are wise." (Quran, 2:164)

"Those who patiently persevere, seeking the countenance of their Lord; Establish regular prayers; spend, out of the gifts We have bestowed for their sustenance, secretly and openly; and turn off Evil with good: for such there is the final attainment of the eternal home, Gardens of perpetual bliss: they shall enter there, as well as the righteous among their fathers, their spouses, and their offspring: and angels shall enter unto them from every gate with the salutation: 'Peace unto you for that you persevered in patience!' Now how excellent is the final home?" (Quran, 13:22-24)

"Truth has arrived and falsehood has vanished; for verily, falsehood is a vanishing thing." (Quran, 17:81)
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-25-2009 at 02:47 AM.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    It is said that some of the Jews are the ones being referred to who have earned God's Anger, and it is some of the Christians who have went astray. The Jews earned God's Anger by always finding loopholes so that they would follow the letter of the law technically, but they would abandon the spirit of the law. God forbade their women from showing their hair, so they found a loophole which was to wear wigs that looked exactly like their hair. What exactly is the point of the prohibition if the hair is replaced with that which looks exactly the same? As for the Christians, the Islamic criticism of them is that they are heedless to the Laws of God and have simply gone astray. Most of them do not even know that the headscarf is commanded in their Bible

I find this very hypocritical. I may be wrong but i don't think any other religion calls any other people that practise other religions to be on the wrong side.
    I dont this islam has the right to condemn christians or jews. I understand they come from the same branch. I still think it hypocritical to say muslims should respect and live side by side with jews christians all along praying for their demise just because it says in the quran.
    Correct me but does in say anywhere in the bible, or the book that jews use or Sanskrit's ( hinduism) that muslims are wrong or angered god?

Ah ya gotta love the religious loonies !!!

Peace be unto you, GST528i.

Quote Originally Posted by gst528i View Post
    I find this very hypocritical. I may be wrong but i don't think any other religion calls any other people that practise other religions to be on the wrong side.
    I dont this islam has the right to condemn christians or jews. I understand they come from the same branch. I still think it hypocritical to say muslims should respect and live side by side with jews christians all along praying for their demise just because it says in the quran.
    Correct me but does in say anywhere in the bible, or the book that jews use or Sanskrit's ( hinduism) that muslims are wrong or angered god?
    I can understand how that part of what I said could come across as offensive. I should probably have worded that in a softer manner.

The Islamic attitude towards the Jews and Christians are that they are People of the Book, and in a respected position. The Islamic criticisms of them are not absolute condemnations of them, but rather they are considered 'constructive criticisms' designed to remind them and to bring them back to (what we consider) the Straight Path.

As for praying for the demise of Jews and Christians, this is not even permissible in Islam. Rather, we pray for God to guide them and us.

As for what you said that no other religion criticizes other religions, this is not true. The New Testament has so many criticisms of Jews that it is considered by some to be Anti-Semitic. Just to give an example:
    "The Jews, who both killed the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost." (1 Thessalonians 2:14-16)
    And there are dozens more verses, in which the Jews and their leaders are heavily criticized. I can provide more examples if you wish. (I am not saying that the Bible is Anti-Semitic; I am saying that the same criticisms could be leveled against the Bible. That is all. I personally like taking a nuanced view of religions in general. I don't like bashing anyone's religion. If it came across that like, then I apologize.)

In regards to the Islamic view towards Jews, I have already dedicated a previous post to this, which basically said that we divide them up into two groups: the good and the bad. This is just as is the case with Muslims and all others.

We also believe that a portion of the Jews and Christians will enter Paradise. This is mentioned both in the Quran as well as in the sayings of Prophet Muhammad [s].

As for why the Bible does not say anything about Islam or Muslims, this is probably because the Bible came into being long before Prophet Muhammad [s] was even born.

Having said that, Islam has a more positive attitude towards Judaism and Christianity, than the other way around. Islam--to Judaism and Christianity--can be nothing more than a heretical cult or the like. Islam has no divine origin according to the Jews and Christians. Prophet Muhammad [s] to them is a false prophet. On the other hand, we Muslims believe that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all have divine origins, we love and respect your prophets, etc.

To conclude: yes, Islam has criticisms of Jews and Christians. But it is not all one-sided or absolute condemnation. Rather, it is meant as an admonishment. And there are many verses that speak of them in good terms, whereas in other places it speaks with admonishment. This is similar to the way the Quran talks about Muslims themselves, with some verses praising the Muslim nation, and others condemning portions of the Muslim community, namely the hypocrites from within our own ranks.

Hope this clears it up.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-25-2009 at 03:27 AM.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Buffedguy is it not about your religion that I am talking about it is about what you think you know. You type on how great the Muslim world is and say that the western world has created terrorist and you give a quote to the American Indians. Terrorist have been around long before America was ever discovered. I know firsthand about the Muslim religion and have lived in Iraq and training several of the military and law enforcement people. Most of what goes on there is not how you speak of the religion not even close. Let’s talk about the homosexual which is forbidden in your religion, but it runs ramped in the Muslim world. Let’s talk about incest which also runs ramped in your religion because it is not uncommon to marry in the family first cousin and so on. Let’s talk about the child molestation that happens to the small boys in the Muslim world. You talk about the terrorist like you know who it is but you don’t know anything. Most of the terrorist are not terrorists but farmers that can’t afford to feed their families. The terrorist pay them money to plant the bombs and blow themselves up. You came to this site with questions about dieting and have stay spreading your word about Israel and Palestinian and how we should not support Israel and what they are doing. (Yes citizens are getting killed but citizens get killed in every war that is just a fact of war) I can assure you that when Israel kills a no combatant they feel bad. You talk about war as if you know what it is about. You don’t know what war is until you have been in one and seen you friends killed and had to pick up their body parts off of you.. I am positive that you have not fired a gun and killed someone. War is what governments have, as a combatant you just try to survive each and every day. As once said by a close friend of mine, “when that first round goes past your head nothing else matters.” I also am not on this site to talk about religion but it is hard for me to keep my mouth shut when I see all these post about war and the poor Muslim being picked on by everyone. The Muslim world has been killing its self for 1,000 of years so if you are going to talk or write about something know more then what you read and hear…..

Prone2rage you have a really good username chosen for ur self lol...

Hmmm....it seems like the mods cleaned up the thread. I wanted to reply to the last post by OutlawMuscle...the one with the Quran quotes (horribly out of context)...If the mods could put that one post back up, that would be great, God-Willing.

I don't want to sound ungrateful. I'm really grateful to the mods for cleaning up the thread and removing his posts. I just wanted to deal with that one single post, lest someone who read it actually believe what he said.

If it's not possible to put it back up, no problem. Thanks again for cleaning up the thread.

My dearest colleague Prone2Rage, peace be unto you.

I think you have misunderstood some of what I have said. Let me clarify, God-Willing.

Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    You type on how great the Muslim world is
    My dearest colleague, I have never said how great the Muslim world is. Rather, I think the Muslim world today is sunk deep in its dark ages, like Europe went into during its own dark ages. We have despotic leaders in place, who oppress their own people and who curb all freedoms. Poverty and corruption run rife in the Muslim world.

and say that the western world has created terrorist
    Yes, I do say that America's foreign policy has done more to recruit terrorists than any other factor. However, I do not say this to "bash" America. I am American myself. Rather, I say it so that people become aware of this and change their course. One cannot change for the better, until one first understands the problem to begin with. For example, Sarah Palin said that we shouldn't worry about or argue about what caused global warming, but instead we should work to stop it. Well, how can you stop it if you don't know what caused it to begin with?

So what I say is not meant as absolute condemnation, but rather as admonishment so that my people--the American people--can fix their affairs. It will benefit both America *and* the Muslim world if this occurs. Our goals are shared: peace, peace, and peace. We've gotten stuck into this mentality where we think that there must be a winner and a loser; no, we can all be winners. It will benefit both sides if they live in peace and harmony! That is why me being American and me being Muslim do not contradict each other. I believe that both my American people and my Muslim brothers will benefit from the same thing: mutual peace, reconciliation, and understanding.

Furthermore, I do not say that America is all bad. Rather, America has many great qualities. I have created a thread on this issue, so you can see some of the things that I think are awesome about America. There are times when I find so many things that are awesome about America that I am just taken aback; my message is simply: don't throw away all this goodness for a policy of war-mongering. Do not render all your good deeds worthless by destroying other nations. Live and let live.

and you give a quote to the American Indians. Terrorist have been around long before America was ever discovered.
    I don't know what you are talking about any more, but Muslim terrorists were non-existent before America ever existed.

I know firsthand about the Muslim religion
    I know a thing or two as well.

and have lived in Iraq and training several of the military and law enforcement people.
    I have lived in the Muslim world for five years, as well as many trips back and forth on top of that. I do not think that being a part of an occupation force will really give you the ability to know a people.

Let’s talk about the homosexual which is forbidden in your religion, but it runs ramped in the Muslim world.
    Homosexuality exists everywhere in the world, and I would be hard-pressed to believe that there is more homosexuality in the Muslim world than in America. However, our Islamic Law only forbids open homosexuality, and turns a blind eye to what is done in private in the homes of people. In other words, Muslim jurists could care less what happens underground--it is only what happens openly in society that worries them.

Let’s talk about incest which also runs ramped in your religion because it is not uncommon to marry in the family first cousin and so on.
    Most countries in the world do not forbid first cousin marriages, nor consider them to be incestuous. Your statement is simply inflammatory. I've already answered a question about cousin marriages in this thread. Please refer to it for my full response.

Let’s talk about the child molestation that happens to the small boys in the Muslim world.
    This is more of the same. You are now just trying to be inflammatory. Like I said, it happens in every country. Would it be appropriate in your opinion to say that Christianity is to be condemned because their priests are known to molest boys? Again, this is a case of those living in glass houses throwing stones.

You talk about the terrorist like you know who it is but you don’t know anything. Most of the terrorist are not terrorists but farmers that can’t afford to feed their families. The terrorist pay them money to plant the bombs and blow themselves up.
    I am actually curious to know how you define the word "terrorist". Do you think that if an Iraqi freedom-fighter bombs an American soldier that he is a terrorist for doing this?

I can assure you that when Israel kills a no combatant they feel bad.
    Oh thank you, I feel so much better now! Haha. I think everyone expects us just to believe that the Israelis feel bad about it just because they are Jews. When Jews kill civilians, then they feel bad about it. But when Muslims kill civilians, then they love to do it. Bigotry at its finest.

You talk about war as if you know what it is about.
    I don't think I've talked about war. I'm opposed to unnecessary wars. I love peace over war.

You don’t know what war is until you have been in one and seen you friends killed and had to pick up their body parts off of you.. I am positive that you have not fired a gun and killed someone.
    All Praise be to God! I have yet to kill a person, and I pray that I never do that. I do not think this is something for me to be ashamed about, but rather it is something that is good. Killing people is generally a bad thing.

War is what governments have, as a combatant you just try to survive each and every day. As once said by a close friend of mine, “when that first round goes past your head nothing else matters.”
    Look, I understand that you had a tough time in Iraq. I understand that. I'm just saying that our government should never have sent troops in the first place. They shouldn't have sent American sons to die for nothing--worse than nothing: for a lie. Not only were there no WMDs, but I think people really need to step back and realize that even if they had WMDs, does it make sense for a country with the world's largest supply of WMDs to chastise another country for having a few WMDs? But unfortunately nowadays people have stopped reflecting...so it is my job as a Muslim and as an American to get people to reflect.

the poor Muslim being picked on by everyone.
    Why is it ok for Americans to cry about those killed on 9/11, but it is not Ok for Muslims to cry for the millions of our own who have been killed? Are we not people? Do we not breathe? Do we not feel?

The Muslim world has been killing its self for 1,000 of years
    Unfortunately this is simply not true at all. And this is one area where the average American needs to improve--they do not know anything about history. Just five hundred years ago, the Muslim world was the super-power in the world, way more powerful, successful, etc. than Europe. Europe has not always been on the top, as Americans sometimes think. The Muslim world was on top--just like Europe/America is on top now--for hundreds of years. We have a glorious history.

The idea that the Muslim world has been killing itself for a thousand years is simply false. Rather, up until the 1700s, the Muslim world was extremely powerful and successful. It was only after many things happened that led to the eventual collapse of the Muslim world and Europe pulled ahead. This is all very recent history in the grand scheme of things.

Believe it or not, but different parts of the world were "super-powers" at different times in history. Europe and America were not always number one...not only the Muslim world, but the Chinese, the Mongols, etc. were all "super-powers" or at least regional power-houses back in their day.

I believe that you really need to change your chauvinistic attitude towards other civilizations. I believe that not only is it offensive to my Muslim side, it is also offensive to my American side. To be American means to respect people of all cultures, civilizations, etc. So the American thing to do is not to wage relentless wars against what you think to be inferior cultures and peoples, but rather to live in peace and harmony with people from all different cultures and civilizations.

Please do think on it, and forgive me for any harshness in this post. I know that it is hard for a soldier to see his enemy in any other light than bad, so I understand where you are coming from. May God guide you and I to the Straight Path.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-25-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Hmmm....it seems like the mods cleaned up the thread. I wanted to reply to the last post by OutlawMuscle...the one with the Quran quotes (horribly out of context)...If the mods could put that one post back up, that would be great, God-Willing.

I don't want to sound ungrateful. I'm really grateful to the mods for cleaning up the thread and removing his posts. I just wanted to deal with that one single post, lest someone who read it actually believe what he said.

If it's not possible to put it back up, no problem. Thanks again for cleaning up the thread.
    They cant be put back dude. But dont worry I read them all and I cant remember a word of what the tard wrote

They cant be put back dude. But dont worry I read them all and I cant remember a word of what the tard wrote
    Hahaha. Thanks for deleting the posts. I really appreciate it. The mods here rock.

As for OutlawMuscle, I sometimes *do* get angry when people post like that. But then after stepping away from the computer screen and cooling down, I realize that I understand why people hate Islam. I've met countless converts to Islam who say that before they actually studied Islam, they HATED Islam and Muslims. So I want to say to people like OutlawMuscle and others like him that when I get angry and give a sharp response, forgive me; it is my shortcoming that I react in that way. May God unite us upon all that is the truth.

Hahaha. Thanks for deleting the posts. I really appreciate it. The mods here rock.

As for OutlawMuscle, I sometimes *do* get angry when people post like that. But then after stepping away from the computer screen and cooling down, I realize that I understand why people hate Islam. I've met countless converts to Islam who say that before they actually studied Islam, they HATED Islam and Muslims. So I want to say to people like OutlawMuscle and others like him that when I get angry and give a sharp response, forgive me; it is my shortcoming that I react in that way. May God unite us upon all that is the truth.
    I didnt delete them, *admin* did. He is the man with the power and a l;ot of common sense

You have a tough battle ahead of you. There are just as many loonies in Christianity as there are in Islam as I am sure you are aware. You will never convert me as I dont believe in either of them but good for you for trying to at least educate people to how a moderate muslim thinks.

I didnt delete them, *admin* did. He is the man with the power and a l;ot of common sense

You have a tough battle ahead of you. There are just as many loonies in Christianity as there are in Islam as I am sure you are aware. You will never convert me as I dont believe in either of them but good for you for trying to at least educate people to how a moderate muslim thinks.
    Well, you requested the admin to look into it. So thank you for that.

Also, I'm actually not trying to convert people to Islam necessarily. In Islam, we are instructed to give dawah, which means to spread awareness and understanding about Islam. The objectives of doing so are many, which do include converting people, but another reason is to soften their hearts and remove hatred of Islam even if they do not become Muslim themselves. So at least I can help with the second issue, if not the former. And verily what is in the hearts is controlled by the One above the heavens.

One last thing: keep in mind that I am an orthodox mainstream and conservative Muslim. I do believe I am moderate, but I am not a liberal/reform-minded Muslim. In other words, I take the Word of God and His Messenger literally, by their obvious meanings and I do not try to "reinterpret" them in an effort of revisionism.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-25-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buffedguy View Post
    my dearest colleague prone2rage, peace be unto you.

I think you have misunderstood some of what i have said. Let me clarify, god-willing.

My dearest colleague, i have never said how great the muslim world is. Rather, i think the muslim world today is sunk deep in its dark ages, like europe went into during its own dark ages. We have despotic leaders in place, who oppress their own people and who curb all freedoms. Poverty and corruption run rife in the muslim world.

and that is one of the reason we are there and trying to make it better

yes, i do say that america's foreign policy has done more to recruit terrorists than any other factor. However, i do not say this to "bash" america. I am american myself. Rather, i say it so that people become aware of this and change their course. One cannot change for the better, until one first understands the problem to begin with. For example, sarah palin said that we shouldn't worry about or argue about what caused global warming, but instead we should work to stop it. Well, how can you stop it if you don't know what caused it to begin with?

there has been terroists long before foreign policy..terrorist have been around since the begining of time..

so what i say is not meant as absolute condemnation, but rather as admonishment so that my people--the american people--can fix their affairs. It will benefit both america *and* the muslim world if this occurs. Our goals are shared: Peace, peace, and peace. We've gotten stuck into this mentality where we think that there must be a winner and a loser; no, we can all be winners. It will benefit both sides if they live in peace and harmony! That is why me being american and me being muslim do not contradict each other. I believe that both my american people and my muslim brothers will benefit from the same thing: Mutual peace, reconciliation, and understanding.

Furthermore, i do not say that america is all bad. Rather, america has many great qualities. I have created a thread on this issue, so you can see some of the things that i think are awesome about america. There are times when i find so many things that are awesome about america that i am just taken aback; my message is simply: Don't throw away all this goodness for a policy of war-mongering. Do not render all your good deeds worthless by destroying other nations. Live and let live.

live and let live (911)

i don't know what you are talking about any more, but muslim terrorists were non-existent before america ever existed.

I know a thing or two as well.

i have lived in the muslim world for five years, as well as many trips back and forth on top of that. I do not think that being a part of an occupation force will really give you the ability to know a people.

where? I lived with them spent everyday side by side and not as an occupation force. Learned how they lived before saddam and after

homosexuality exists everywhere in the world, and i would be hard-pressed to believe that there is more homosexuality in the muslim world than in america. However, our islamic law only forbids open homosexuality, and turns a blind eye to what is done in private in the homes of people. In other words, muslim jurists could care less what happens underground--it is only what happens openly in society that worries them.

i have lived in several states and yes it is well know to all who were over there (men are for fun women are for marriage) i have seen this first hand there are a lot more homosexuality over there.

most countries in the world do not forbid first cousin marriages, nor consider them to be incestuous. Your statement is simply inflammatory. I've already answered a question about cousin marriages in this thread. Please refer to it for my full response.

This is more of the same. You are now just trying to be inflammatory. Like i said, it happens in every country. Would it be appropriate in your opinion to say that christianity is to be condemned because their priests are known to molest boys? Again, this is a case of those living in glass houses throwing stones.

if you knew what you are talking about you would no how often it is happening over there (seen it first hand again)

i am actually curious to know how you define the word "terrorist". Do you think that if an iraqi freedom-fighter bombs an american soldier that he is a terrorist for doing this?

no

oh thank you, i feel so much better now! Haha. I think everyone expects us just to believe that the israelis feel bad about it just because they are jews. When jews kill civilians, then they feel bad about it. But when muslims kill civilians, then they love to do it. Bigotry at its finest.

what i am saying is jews are not targeting civilians but the terrorist, hamas target civilians to cause tear

i don't think i've talked about war. I'm opposed to unnecessary wars. I love peace over war.

all the above is about war and several of you post are about jews and palestinians being at war

all praise be to god! I have yet to kill a person, and i pray that i never do that. I do not think this is something for me to be ashamed about, but rather it is something that is good. Killing people is generally a bad thing.

not asking you to be ashamed about and yes it is all good to have not been put in this situation

look, i understand that you had a tough time in iraq. you have no clue i understand that. I'm just saying that our government should never have sent troops in the first place. why?they shouldn't have sent american sons to die for nothing--worse than nothing: For a lie. Not only were there no wmds,you do not know this..which shows how much you really dont know except what you read....wmd's were not found but that did not mean they were not there. It is easy to get the stuff out of the country look how much money was taken to jordan but i think people really need to step back and realize that even if they had wmds, does it make sense for a country with the world's largest supply of wmds to chastise another country for having a few wmds? But unfortunately nowadays people have stopped reflecting...so it is my job as a muslim and as an american to get people to reflect.

Why is it ok for americans to cry about those killed on 9/11, but it is not ok for muslims to cry for the millions of our own who have been killed? Are we not people? Do we not breathe? Do we not feel? did not say you couldnt cry. I have cried for you people

unfortunately this is simply not true at all. And this is one area where the average american needs to improve--they do not know anything about history. Just five hundred years ago, the muslim world was the super-power in the world, way more powerful, successful, etc. Than europe. Europe has not always been on the top, as americans sometimes think. The muslim world was on top--just like europe/america is on top now--for hundreds of years. We have a glorious history. (what?) i know this

the idea that the muslim world has been killing itself for a thousand years is simply false. Rather, up until the 1700s, the muslim world was extremely powerful and successful. It was only after many things happened that led to the eventual collapse of the muslim world and europe pulled ahead. This is all very recent history in the grand scheme of things.

Believe it or not, but different parts of the world were "super-powers" at different times in history. Europe and america were not always number one.(no kidding)..not only the muslim world, but the chinese, the mongols, etc. Were all "super-powers" or at least regional power-houses back in their day.

I believe that you really need to change your chauvinistic attitude towards other civilizations. I believe that not only is it offensive to my muslim side, it is also offensive to my american side. To be american means to respect people of all cultures, civilizations, etc. So the american thing to do is not to wage relentless wars against what you think to be inferior cultures and peoples, but rather to live in peace and harmony with people from all different cultures and civilizations. wow where did this come from i never said i did not like muslims

please do think on it, and forgive me for any harshness in this post. I know that it is hardno you dont for a soldier to see his enemy in any other light than bad, so i understand where you are coming from. May god guide you and i to the straight path. i wish you the same

in the care of the lord,
    -saladin.

in bold

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    I can honestly say i have learned more from reading your thread then i have in many years of reading online aboue any one topic...

truely rate this as one of the best threads ever... If somebody is a believer or non believer in islam, it doesn't matter.. knowledge is power to the soul.. and you are teaching alot about others and also giving good advice on just living a good life.

and that is one of the reason we are there and trying to make it better
    Yes, but the problem is that the despotic leaders were put in place by the West. Before Western intervention, we didn't have this problem. For example, the United States is the one who put Saddam's party in power to begin with. So does it really make sense to first place him in power, and then use that as an excuse to invade the country years later?

The destabilization of the Muslim world is a direct result of coming out of colonialism. This can simply be proven by looking at our condition before colonization and afterward.

there has been terroists long before foreign policy..terrorist have been around since the begining of time..
    Well yes. I'm just saying that it has not been such a monumental issue until recently, and there are causes for that which we should seek to remedy, God-Willing.

live and let live (911)
    As Dr. Ron Paul said, 9/11 is a result of American foreign policy. Had the United States not interfered in the Muslim world, there wouldn't be so many ticked off extremists in the Muslim world, who would have done that dirty act.

It's like an endless feud. Each side is attacking the other in "retaliation", which is creating an endless cycle of violence. We need to break that cycle.

where? I lived with them spent everyday side by side and not as an occupation force. Learned how they lived before saddam and after
    You were an American soldier, correct? If you come as an American soldier, people will hate you. If you come as an American citizen, the people will treat you very well.

i have lived in several states and yes it is well know to all who were over there (men are for fun women are for marriage) i have seen this first hand there are a lot more homosexuality over there.
    Again, like I said, it exists everywhere.

if you knew what you are talking about you would no how often it is happening over there (seen it first hand again)
    Like I said, if you want to stereotype, Christian priests would be the first to fit the bill. Of course, I am against stereotyping in general, and I think what you are doing and saying amounts to bigotry.

what i am saying is jews are not targeting civilians but the terrorist, hamas target civilians to cause tear
    I've already dealt with this issue a million times. Israel very much does target civilians, and quite literally uses human shields. As for Hamas, news flash: not all Muslims are a part of Hamas.

all the above is about war and several of you post are about jews and palestinians being at war
    I believe that Israel and Palestine should live in peace, according to the 1947 borders, or worst case the 1967 borders. So again, I prefer peace over war.

I have cried for you people
    I think we should avoid using terms like "you people".

wow where did this come from i never said i did not like muslims
    Well, your posts come across that way.

Let's just agree to disagree, God-Willing. I hope we don't keep going tit-for-tat here.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    I can honestly say i have learned more from reading your thread then i have in many years of reading online aboue any one topic...

truely rate this as one of the best threads ever... If somebody is a believer or non believer in islam, it doesn't matter.. knowledge is power to the soul.. and you are teaching alot about others and also giving good advice on just living a good life.
    Peace be unto you, Quarry.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm very glad that you learned a thing or two from this thread. It is only through talking to each other that our two peoples can ever hope to live in peace and harmony.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    to buffedguy and prone2rage...

i think your two's view points can never be compaired..

buffedguy, you actually read and teach the book of islam. you are currently living in a world (America) that is un-educated on who you are and what you truely believe. and your real goal is to teach and spread knowledge.

prone2rage, your experience with group, is that of something that can not be compaired to nor can be just label as being 'an american soilder' because being a part of group is different. So i feel you are giving a view point that is true, but might be different than the view of the everyday around the world muslim..

I will go on record as sayin, i do believe the avg American soilder is mis-lead about what the muslim religion is about. And i honestly feel young soilders are taught to (even if not meant to) that we are fighting muslims... we aren't fighting muslims, we aren't fighting a religion.. and prone2rage you know that, but buffedguy is talking in general terms that you take offense to because you were above the level of the avg soilder. but buffedguy does not know that, nor could he understand that... but i feel you couldn't understand fully the pain he feels when he hears people down muslims just because of mis-leading believes about 9/11.. the fact is if the said they were doing it for Islam or not, Muslims did not attack the world trade center.. hijackers of a plane did..just because people hide behind a Islam, it does not mean they are Islam..

I honestly feel you two believe alot of the same things.. but your picking apart each others comments until it became a debate...

Yes, but the problem is that the despotic leaders were put in place by the West. Before Western intervention, we didn't have this problem. For example, the United States is the one who put Saddam's party in power to begin with. So does it really make sense to first place him in power, and then use that as an excuse to invade the country years later?

Please explain how we put him in power, He put himself in power. Did America help him at some point, yes... but that was not putting saddam in power

The destabilization of the Muslim world is a direct result of coming out of colonialism. This can simply be proven by looking at our condition before colonization and afterward.

Well yes. I'm just saying that it has not been such a monumental issue until recently, and there are causes for that which we should seek to remedy, God-Willing.

I will leave this one alone

As Dr. Ron Paul said, 9/11 is a result of American foreign policy. Had the United States not interfered in the Muslim world, there wouldn't be so many ticked off extremists in the Muslim world, who would have done that dirty act.

Is that becase you have read or heard this not because you have all the information on why

It's like an endless feud. Each side is attacking the other in "retaliation", which is creating an endless cycle of violence. We need to break that cycle.

That is why we are training them because there would be more violance when we leave. Iran will take over Iraq when it is given back to them

You were an American soldier, correct? If you come as an American soldier, people will hate you. If you come as an American citizen, the people will treat you very well.

During the first gulf war not on this one, I was an American citizen while over there this time and was treated very well

Again, like I said, it exists everywhere.

Yes it does but not to the extent that is does over there

Like I said, if you want to stereotype, Christian priests would be the first to fit the bill. Of course, I am against stereotyping in general, and I think what you are doing and saying amounts to bigotry.

No by sterotyping I would say all Muslim are bad (never said that)

I've already dealt with this issue a million times. Israel very much does target civilians, and quite literally uses human shields. As for Hamas, news flash: not all Muslims are a part of Hamas.

98% of Muslims are not part of Hamas, I would have to say you can not sit here on a computer and say what Israel is doing unless you are there and seeing with your own eyes.

I believe that Israel and Palestine should live in peace, according to the 1947 borders, or worst case the 1967 borders. So again, I prefer peace over war.

I prefer peace over war...I also believe if Hamas was not shooting rocket at Israel they would still be peace.

I think we should avoid using terms like "you people".

I think that was a type0 I did not mean it in a bad way and am sorry if you took it that way.

Well, your posts come across that way.

Let's just agree to disagree, God-Willing. I hope we don't keep going tit-for-tat here.

I do agree to disagree because if I didnt it would take to long and to much of my time out of the reason I am hear

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Peace be with u

Is it true that when a muslim coverts a " non-beliver" via marriage than that person gets a special place in heaven. Kinda like the 72 virgin deal? only instead of war mean, reward for convertion?

Quote Originally Posted by quarry206 View Post
    to buffedguy and prone2rage...

i think your two's view points can never be compaired..

buffedguy, you actually read and teach the book of islam. you are currently living in a world (America) that is un-educated on who you are and what you truely believe. and your real goal is to teach and spread knowledge.

prone2rage, your experience with group, is that of something that can not be compaired to nor can be just label as being 'an american soilder' because being a part of group is different. So i feel you are giving a view point that is true, but might be different than the view of the everyday around the world muslim..

I will go on record as sayin, i do believe the avg American soilder is mis-lead about what the muslim religion is about. And i honestly feel young soilders are taught to (even if not meant to) that we are fighting muslims... we aren't fighting muslims, we aren't fighting a religion.. and prone2rage you know that, but buffedguy is talking in general terms that you take offense to because you were above the level of the avg soilder. but buffedguy does not know that, nor could he understand that... but i feel you couldn't understand fully the pain he feels when he hears people down muslims just because of mis-leading believes about 9/11.. the fact is if the said they were doing it for Islam or not, Muslims did not attack the world trade center.. hijackers of a plane did..just because people hide behind a Islam, it does not mean they are Islam..

I honestly feel you two believe alot of the same things.. but your picking apart each others comments until it became a debate...

I think I skipped this before so I am sorry and want to thank buffedguy for writing this thread. I do believe a lot in what he says and want to thank you for your third party look at what we are talking about....It may sound like I am getting mad but that is not the case, my writing skill are lacking compaired to buffguy....and if we were to have a war of words I would have lost a long time ago...I have strong feeling and sometimes I like what I am reading in this thread then some point get to me and i have to put my two cents in. I was given my post name by others so I guess it show in other thing to include my words in this forum. After reading my responses this is not really the place to have posted them because people come to this thread to learn....

I think I skipped this before so I am sorry and want to thank buffedguy for writing this thread. I do believe a lot in what he says and want to thank you for your third party look at what we are talking about....It may sound like I am getting mad but that is not the case, my writing skill are lacking compaired to buffguy....and if we were to have a war of words I would have lost a long time ago...I have strong feeling and sometimes I like what I am reading in this thread then some point get to me and i have to put my two cents in. I was given my post name by others so I guess it show in other thing to include my words in this forum. After reading my responses this is not really the place to have posted them because people come to this thread to learn....
    Not so !!! Your responses are prompting buffguy to justify his positions and I am all for that.

Peace be unto you, GST528i.

In the Name of God, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

Quote Originally Posted by gst528i View Post
    Is it true that when a muslim coverts a " non-beliver" via marriage than that person gets a special place in heaven. Kinda like the 72 virgin deal? only instead of war mean, reward for convertion?
    For any good deed that one does, there is a reward for it in Paradise, or an expiation for sins. As for helping someone convert to Islam, then there is a great reward in this, and this is called a sadiqa jariyya, which means it is considered a continuous and multiplying investment in someone's good deeds bank. The reason is because if a person converts to Islam due to your efforts (only with the Will of God), then his children might also be Muslim, and then their children might also be Muslim, and then their children, etc. So it is an ever-continuous multiplying reward. Each person that becomes Muslim due to your efforts is thus another good deed in your "bank".

As for a specific reward, I am not sure about that. Can't seem to think of any. But I'd have to check.

In regards to converting someone for the purpose of marriage, then this is a more complex issue. I've seen this happen several times, and each case was different. I've seen many cases in which the converted party turns even more religious than the born-Muslim. However, I've also seen 'token conversions' in which the person still holds onto his/her inner beliefs but simply professes to Islam in order to legalize the marriage. Such a conversion is invalid and from hypocrisy. The one who knowingly marries a person knowing that the person doesn't really believe in Islam but only 'converted' for marriage, then this marriage is invalid and it is nothing but fornication.

There is also another issue, which is that the general rule is that men should spread awareness about Islam to men, and women to women. Oftentimes, the gender segregation that Islam enjoins is not respected when these marriage conversions take place, which is problematic. However, at the end of the day, if a person converts to Islam sincerely--even if the born-Muslim was wrong to interact with a person of the opposite gender--then this is not the fault of the party that converts, and the latter (the party that converted) will be rewarded by God.

Hope that answers the question.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 01-25-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Please explain how we put him in power, He put himself in power. Did America help him at some point, yes... but that was not putting saddam in power
    Peace be unto you, Prone2Rage.

In regards to how America put Saddam's party in power, I have already written a post on it here:

The Unofficial "Ask a Muslim" Thread.

Please do read the post, because I do not think you can truly understand my position until you do.

Is that becase you have read or heard this not because you have all the information on why
    It is because the terrorists tell us exactly why they do the things they do.

I also believe if Hamas was not shooting rocket at Israel they would still be peace.
    I've talked about this issue repeatedly on this forum, so I don't think I should keep repeating it. Please see my posts in the News section where I explain how Hamas stuck to the ceasefire, and Israel broke the ceasefire. So no, there would not be peace if Hamas stopped firing rockets. (Nonetheless, they should stop firing into civilian areas anyways, based on religious reasons.) Furthermore, peace without justice is not real peace; it's just subjugation and oppression. The only way to peace is to immediately create a Palestinian state according to the 1947 or 1967 borders and grant the Right of Return or compensation. Anything short of that and there can be no peace, just subjugation and oppression of a native population. We've heard enough excuses in the last sixty years. Enough is enough.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.

So would you think muslims marry non muslims and try to get them to convert? I ask this because my ex- tried to get me to convert to marry her. I realize this was the perfect excuse for me since i dont wanna marry i simply said no. Even though i don;t believe in any religion or system other than believing that there is one almighty that doesn't favor one type of people over the other.
    So since i said no i will not, i find out that she met some guy and is getting him to convert and marry him within a time period of 4-5 months of meeting him while she was with me for 2-3 years.

Peace be unto you, Prone2Rage.

In regards to how America put Saddam's party in power, I have already written a post on it here:

I will read this tomorrow and discuss this more later

The Unofficial "Ask a Muslim" Thread.

Please do read the post, because I do not think you can truly understand my position until you do.

I will and get back with you on that one as well

It is because the terrorists tell us exactly why they do the things they do.

[B]This is not true I have had conducted several interview with terrorists and I explained before most of the terrorists or selfmade terrorists do this because they need money, some were retarted and I am not being mean, several of the terrorist we have interview have had family member kidnapped and forced into committing these crimes. So to me this blow that out of the water...The terrorist hide behind their people like you were saying about Isreal using human shields. I have seen first hand that terrorist like Hamas using human shields. true story the terrorists put a suicide bomb on a small child and sent him to ask American military for candy and then blow them up, but god will he blow himself up before he got there. the terrorist were cought and confessed about this...I see the same thing in Gaza where Isreal being blamed for kill citizens in schools. Hamas is hiding in the schools, hospitals, and ect. and conducting their attacks agains Isreal, so when they fight back and hit the schools and small children are killed dont get me wrong it is very sad (I see that poor child and all his body parts almost everyday and more so when I am talking to about this) but just like in Iraq the terrorists use there own people to include kids to commit their act. Hamas is doing the same thing. It has worked in Iraq and will work in gaza for the people to turn the terrorist in and then the fighting will end. Hamas is bring the disstruction againt their own people[...so to me you can not blame Isreal for this../B]
    I've talked about this issue repeatedly on this forum, so I don't think I should keep repeating it. Please see my posts in the News section where I explain how Hamas stuck to the ceasefire, and Israel broke the ceasefire. I understand that but we are talking about it here so lets keep it going. If you listen to the new not resent new Hamas has been shooting rockets for years and conducting raids and terriout activity for years before the invasion of gaza So no, there would not be peace if Hamas stopped firing rockets.No not now it was been pushed to far (Nonetheless, they should stop firing into civilian areas anyways, based on religious reasons.)no they should have not fired the rockit in the first place Furthermore, peace without justice is not real peace; it's just subjugation and oppression.(I agree with you to some point on this but when you talk about peace it goes both ways and justice that will have to go both way The only way to peace is to immediately create a Palestinian state according to the 1947 or 1967 borders and grant the Right of Return or compensation. Anything short of that and there can be no peace, just subjugation and oppression of a native population. We've heard enough excuses in the last sixty years. Enough is enough.yes enough is enough but again it goes both ways Hamas stops shooting rockets, but as I said it has going to far,,,

(I would like to take the time and say Isreal has enough fire power to wipe gaza off the map at anytime but they dont. If you want to wipe out a country you sit back and let the boomber take care of it, but that is not what Isreal is doing and that is why they sent in ground forces just as we did in Iraq. We could have and did win the war in the air and could have just kept kill from above, but that not what we did we sent in ground forces. Now why did we do that so we would not kill all of them. I will make this my last point tonight we went in and put a lot of damage in Iraq but now we are spending 11bill a month to rebuild this country and we are paying contractors to teach and advise the rebuilding of the country so you can say what you want about what is going on over there but you do not have a clue..Gaza is still new as far as what is going on so you dont know what Isreal will do when it is all over. Ok one more even though american are putting the money to make Iraq a better place they are still trying to kill us.
    In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    In bold
    peace be with you buffedguy
    Last edited by *RAGE*; 01-25-2009 at 11:49 PM.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information