Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg View Post
    i think you actually believe you are some sort of mythical figure. And that in the year 2050 not only are you going to chow down an immortality pill but a pill that makes you 20 again.

Well you have one thing in common with thor in that neither of you live on planet earth.
    ...and neither are based in reality!!!

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    Quote Originally Posted by higherdesire View Post
    my turn,

knock knock,
    who's there
    point to same picture of ruhl "guy who couldn't get laid of he was the Warden at womens prison and had a fist full of pardons."

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    ...and neither are based in reality!!!
    if you are religious and just said something that ignorant then you're god is sending you to hell....to say your stupid jesus god is any more realistic than Odin is....well it's well beyond retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    I think you actually believe you are some sort of mythical figure. And that in the year 2050 not only are you going to chow down an immortality pill but a pill that makes you 20 again.

Well you have one thing in common with Thor in that neither of you live on planet Earth.
    pretty much yea.....and i wish i didn't live on earth.....just be chillin with da aliens....that'd be sweet

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    if you are religious and just said something that ignorant then you're god is sending you to hell....to say your stupid jesus god is any more realistic than Odin is....well it's well beyond retarded
    Let's not start to make this a religious thread, Mr. Insecure. We can go round and round about that. Face it, you're weak, insecure, and you and your beliefs are all figments of your own imagination. Must be a beautiful lonely place!!! Especially since you can't get laid, which tells me you are definitely all alone in the world you live in...truely pathetic person!!!

Let's not start to make this a religious thread, Mr. Insecure. We can go round and round about that. Face it, you're weak, insecure, and you and your beliefs are all figments of your own reality. Must be a beautiful lonely place!!! Especially since you can't get laid, which tells me you are definitely all alone in the world you live in...truely pathetic person!!!
    being alone is thousands of times superior to surrounding myself with unworthy people. And i have no real beliefs.....but if i did Odin would be my guy.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    This is now the best thread ever

higherdesire is offline Banned
    Let's not start to make this a religious thread, Mr. Insecure. We can go round and round about that. Face it, you're weak, insecure, and you and your beliefs are all figments of your own imagination. Must be a beautiful lonely place!!! Especially since you can't get laid, which tells me you are definitely all alone in the world you live in...truely pathetic person!!!
    DAmn you bgmc31! I like this post!

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    pretty much yea.....and i wish i didn't live on earth.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLgI-qbrWVo

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    a few things have become obvious to me. everyone hates ruhl. second...nark is not a comedian.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    I too have learnt two things, my penis is fvckin huge and hockey is for girls...

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    HATE is a strong word.

I don't hate Ruhl, I think he says some silly things sometimes. I mean this thread wasn't even about him, and he managed to stick a big target on his back anyways.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    There was only one time where I totally lost it in the gym. This douchebag when I was deadlifting thought he was cool becasue he was sitting shooting the shit with his friends on the lever machines. Started commenting that I wasn't doing the lifts right. I dropped the weights told him "to get his fvcking panzy ass over here and show me how to do it."

Nope, never did since that stuff was "too crazy for him"

I was pulled aside by the staff and was told to cool down a bit. That I believe is a good reason to ever flip out in the gym. Not on some old prick who just wants to interact with something besides his own functionless dick.

nobody hates Ruhl. He's just another wanna be tough guy. This forum is full of them and we just have a good time poking fun at them. No big deal.

And Noomoto, you claim to be a powerlifter and making you an ass of yourself doing 450lbs. You aught to be ashamed of yourself and you make the rest of powerlifters look bad. Find a real powerlifting training crew, so they can teach you how a real powerlifter respects the sanctity of the gym no matter where it is!!!

Either that or open you own gym or build on in your house.

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    I have absolutely no problem with Ruhl. I admire his admition of his beliefs and how he expresses them. I like that he isnt afraid to go against the flow and speak his mind.
    Because if we were all the same it would be fvcking BORING!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I like bread and butterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm.........cake

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Jelly beanssssssssssssssssssssss..

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MASTER View Post
    This thread is making my ass hurt. Or is it my jackhammer buttplug.
    Definitely this thread.

Jackhammers ain saying shit.

they all have insecurity issues.....i feel it's about time i took a 3 month break again
    Again?

You were gone before?

You should make an official thread so people notice. :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MMArmour View Post
    a few things have become obvious to me. everyone hates ruhl. second...nark is not a comedian.
    *sobs*

Take that back!

Blog Entries
    nobody hates Ruhl. He's just another wanna be tough guy. This forum is full of them and we just have a good time poking fun at them. No big deal.
    True.

Honestly, my penis is a bigger deal.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    lets get this thread back on track here

do i think you were wrong? no. not at all. BUT before you join any gym you make damn sure you know every do and dont the place has so crap like this doesnt happen. in a way this all could have been avoided if you had the inside scoop

i had this happen to me at a chain gym in las vegas when i was on vacation. i was using btwn 495-585 for sets of 5 reps increasing weight. guy came over the first time told me to stop i said ok. didnt listen did the set. came back over, i said ok, added more weight, i said it wouldnt happen again. put on more weight , did it again than he came flying back and i told me to leave, i took the weight s off, finished my workout and left when i was ready. i got three sets in. you could have easily pulled at least one set if you would have not listened to what the deuche bag said to you. what could he have done if you did the lift?? not a fcuking thing!

now i know i cant lift in any conventional gym, this is why i bought my own weights. no one can tell me in my gym what i can do. i also train at a friends house who has a set up like mine. again no rules. and i have a whole team of guys, we get together every saturday to squat, pull or push sleds, and do strongman like exercises. we all chipped in, got more equipment and we rent an old gas station which we made our gym.. if the regular gym doesnt work for you, think outside of the box. find other lifters who lift like you, find people who have kick ass home gyms , buy your own equipment, put together your own weightlifting club or do all three like i did if you are crazy enough about weights the way i am. in a town like miami, you have to able to find others who train like you, even if you have to drive a half hour or even an hour, it is worth it.your gains will increase tremendously.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust View Post

do i think you were wrong? no. not at all. BUT before you join any gym you make damn sure you know every do and dont the place has so crap like this doesnt happen. in a way this all could have been avoided if you had the inside scoop

i had this happen to me at a chain gym in las vegas when i was on vacation. i was using btwn 495-585 for sets of 5 reps increasing weight. guy came over the first time told me to stop i said ok. didnt listen did the set. came back over, i said ok, added more weight, i said it wouldnt happen again. put on more weight , did it again than he came flying back and i told me to leave, i took the weight s off, finished my workout and left when i was ready. i got three sets in. you could have easily pulled at least one set if you would have not listened to what the deuche bag said to you. what could he have done if you did the lift?? not a fcuking thing!

now i know i cant lift in any conventional gym, this is why i bought my own weights. no one can tell me in my gym what i can do. i also train at a friends house who has a set up like mine. again no rules. and i have a whole team of guys, we get together every saturday to squat, pull or push sleds, and do strongman like exercises. we all chipped in, got more equipment and we rent an old gas station which we made our gym.. if the regular gym doesnt work for you, think outside of the box. find other lifters who lift like you, find people who have kick ass home gyms , buy your own equipment, put together your own weightlifting club or do all three like i did if you are crazy enough about weights the way i am. in a town like miami, you have to able to find others who train like you, even if you have to drive a half hour or even an hour, it is worth it.your gains will increase tremendously.
    good advice!

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Thats awesome, to be able to say that you cannot train at a regular gym due to the poundages you use. As a rule I always put weights back, It pisses me off when somebody leaves theres on.

tyward is offline Associate Member
    Well, my only comment is, that if I pick up 450 lbs in a dead lift, everybody in the gym better clear out, because it's coming down real fast...
    Oh, and quit raggin on old men, we own the whole world!

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    450grams? piece of cake...
    450lbs? never mind!!! lol...

Quote Originally Posted by F4iDom View Post
    Thats awesome, to be able to say that you cannot train at a regular gym due to the poundages you use. As a rule I always put weights back, It pisses me off when somebody leaves theres on.
    i know it may sound awesome, but it is not sometimes. if i am away, i am better off not doing anything than going to a gym because i know i will get the dirty looks and not be able to get the work in that i need. also, the gym i created with my crew for saturdays is about an hour from my house. pain in the ass to get up on saturdays earlier than i do for work and loose 5 hours( driving and lifting) of time to train when most people can go down the street to the local gym and only lose and hour or two.

it really sucks that most commercial gyms arent equipped for serious strength training or wont tolerate anything out of the cookie cutter normal. i have had friends get booted from gyms for squating too much and the bar was bending(405 which isnt that much) or just using chalk. when i was young i moved to a different state for college and joined a golds gym. HUGE mistake, i didnt ask enough questions and found out they had a rule that you couldnt put free weight on the floor. what kind of crap is that?? i left after the first month and learned my lesson to ask more questions when joining a new gym.

i think most gyms forgot the purpose of why the exist, all they care about is memberships and making money. i do understand the concept of business, but when it compromises the initial premise of why it exists, that is where the problem starts. i am hoping with the rise in popularity of strongman contests, new gyms will begin to open and strength training and training for athletics will become more mainstream as opposed to the juice bar slinging, contemporary music,neon lights, product pushing marketing fcuk fest of the commercial gym scene. hopefully this will knock some of these chain gyms out of business in certain locations and we can get back to the basics.

remember , the memberships are what keeps any gym going. if you are not happy leave and bring as many people with you as you can. kick them where it hurts...their wallet. if enough people arent happy, they will disappear quick. there is always a choice

allout13 is offline Associate Member
    you still should have maned up and reracked the weight

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    wow did this thread take a turn since i last saw it, awesome.

What gym was it in Vegas? I go to Golds and it seems about as "hardcore" as it gets for a chain

remember , the memberships are what keeps any gym going. if you are not happy leave and bring as many people with you as you can. kick them where it hurts...their wallet. if enough people arent happy, they will disappear quick. there is always a choice
    that's what we do....at home we've changed gyms a couple times because the first one we went to claimed he was gonna get more equipment and never did.....and then the last one....yea....we knew the owner and he's like "yea, yea, you guys can be hardcore"......now not my idea to switch to this gym mind you...because it is a ANYTIME FITNESS rofl.....owner said once we could do 20 with the 100s on stuff he'd get more dumbbells.....immediately sat down and we both ripped off 20 on flat and incline press....and we're like...ok bigger dumbbells please. never came.....and he didn't like the bros deadlifting and omplained about grunting....

so now we're back at the original....yea the owner is religious....but he's got some 1500lb test bars bout especially for us and although the dumbbells aren't huge.....130s that actually weigh 140 will do for now at home.

but yea my brother has a little following.....so when we leave they lose like 15-20 memberships....the whole family for one...that's 7 right there.

OK, here is what I'd do. I would walk back in that gym and I wouldn't say a word. For thirty minutes I'd rack weights for anybody that needed it. When thirty minutes were up I'd walk to the front desk and tell them that now that I had manned up I would expect them to do the same. I would then leave the place before they said anything, (I like being ahead...). I would then come back to this forum and make everybody tell me how sorry they were for ever flaming me in the first place. Then for the next few years I would just bask in the glow of being the nicest person here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tyward View Post
    OK, here is what I'd do. I would walk back in that gym and I wouldn't say a word. For thirty minutes I'd rack weights for anybody that needed it. When thirty minutes were up I'd walk to the front desk and tell them that now that I had manned up I would expect them to do the same. I would then leave the place before they said anything, (I like being ahead...). I would then come back to this forum and make everybody tell me how sorry they were for ever flaming me in the first place. Then for the next few years I would just bask in the glow of being the nicest person here.
    Hm... How gay.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tyward View Post
    That's an awesome idea...but I don't really care any more, I signed up at another gym today.

So are they charging you any fees for terminating your contract? It seems like if somebody wants to get out of a gym contract all you have to do is walk into the place and start slamming weights and acting like a douche

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottythebody View Post
    So are they charging you any fees for terminating your contract? It seems like if somebody wants to get out of a gym contract all you have to do is walk into the place and start slamming weights and acting like a douche
    LOL No...there's no contract, it's month to month. That is a good idea though.

LOL Nark, you would know...

gym contract??? pfft...they throw you out the contract is VOID or we're goin to court mutha****a

thai-lan is offline Member
    i like turtles

What gym was it in Vegas? I go to Golds and it seems about as "hardcore" as it gets for a chain
    i cant remember, but it wasnt golds. fancy place with neon lights, it sucked

best hardcore gym in vegas, sin city barbell owned by mark swank

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information