Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Hi strangers, well i have not trained since i last posted just feel pure shit. Off work the day and can not see me there the mora, could not tell you the last time i was off.

Feel very sick and no nrg again, i have got a lot going on just now. Well i got my goal lol lost 15lb so going to keep going and try for 7lb more before my hols in 3wks.

I feel and look so fucking small .
    almostgone likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Hi strangers, well i have not trained since i last posted just feel pure shit. Off work the day and can not see me there the mora, could not tell you the last time i was off.

Feel very sick and no nrg again, i have got a lot going on just now. Well i got my goal lol lost 15lb so going to keep going and try for 7lb more before my hols in 3wks.

Brother I can relate. Im fuckerd as well. My strength is for shit at work now. Gym? Where did it go. Summer blows. Get the kids back in school. No more camps. Ahhhh
    TRA, almostgone and clarky. like this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member

Vacation time is coming!
    TRA and clarky. like this.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member

Woke up in the middle of the night with a cold myself. WTF is this crap, I rarely get sick, must be some virus going around

Hang on it will be over soon
    clarky. likes this.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Good morning everyone from a cloudy Bengaluru. A cloudy day here is a good day as it keeps a lot of the heat away. Forgot to post yesterday. Coach lost his marbles again. It's remote coaching if anyone wonders. Got this message in the mailbox:

"If you go sub 5:00 on “Big Bang,” send us a video and we’ll send you a rad shirt/tank." Except for the fact I did not think anyone used the word "rad" anymore, this was the challenge:

“Big Bang”
    For Time:
    50 Power Cleans - 102kg

102kg is my 1rm, so I scaled it to 72kg. Still only got to 35 reps in 5-minutes. Insane.

Rest of the training looked like this:

Conditioning
    5 Rounds:
    21 Calorie Assault Bike
    15 Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
    9 Bench Press - 80kg

Conditioning
    100 Calories on Assualt Bike
    TRA, almostgone and clarky. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Good morning everyone from a cloudy Bengaluru. A cloudy day here is a good day as it keeps a lot of the heat away. Forgot to post yesterday. Coach lost his marbles again. It's remote coaching if anyone wonders. Got this message in the mailbox:

"If you go sub 5:00 on “Big Bang,” send us a video and we’ll send you a rad shirt/tank." Except for the fact I did not think anyone used the word "rad" anymore, this was the challenge:

“Big Bang”
    For Time:
    50 Power Cleans - 102kg

102kg is my 1rm, so I scaled it to 72kg. Still only got to 35 reps in 5-minutes. Insane.

Rest of the training looked like this:

Conditioning
    5 Rounds:
    21 Calorie Assault Bike
    15 Chest to Bar Pull-Ups
    9 Bench Press - 80kg

Conditioning
    100 Calories on Assualt Bike
    I have to add conditioning too...

Apart from that, 1RM is 1RM, not something you can do repeatedly. How can he expect that with a true 1RM lol
    almostgone likes this.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well tweaked low back day 4 of new recomp ffs. I don’t even have back problems. Think it was combo of seated leg press plate machine - back rest isn’t adjustable and feels a bit odd even keeping back flat, and seated cable rows that were quite heavy next day. I stay with back straight for seated rows once I have pulled weight back and do not bend forward with each rep. It could also be psoas strain from lunges on leg day. Not bad enough to keep me down today but need to insert an unscheduled rest day. Grrrr!

Hope everyone else is having a good lift run. It’s hot as my wife the day I met her here right now, so gym is packed and just going outside is friggin oppressive. Makes it hard to stay totally hydrated, especially with creatine on board. Reminds of a joke I saw an old comedian tell the other night, though. It makes sex interesting because it’s always a coin toss as to which is going to come first - the orgasm or the debilitating foot cramp
    clarky. likes this.

Hi fellas, went back to work the day feel so so. Going to try and get a session in the mora after work.
    TRA and almostgone like this.

TRA
    Hi fellas, went back to work the day feel so so. Going to try and get a session in the mora after work.
    Unrelated but where is that pic in your avi, Clarky? I am jonesing to fish something horrible. I am taking a trip back home to Idaho but don’t have time to fish - mentioned in an earlier post that I may have to come your way to wet a line some day.
    Also saw this on bbc.com and thought you might enjoy - https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-44629019
    Last edited by TRA; 06-28-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Pretty heavy day to end the workweek with. Going to be interesting to see what comes on the schedule tomorrow. Did snatch movements for the first time in about 3-months or so which meant I kept it very light.

Gymnastics Conditioning
    For Time:
    9 Parallette Handstand Push-ups
    3 Peg Board Ascents
    7 Parallette Handstand Push-ups
    2 Peg Board Ascents
    5 Parallette Handstand Push-ups
    1 Peg Board Ascent

Snatch Balance
    Build to a Heavy 1-Rep - 50kg

Snatch Pull + Hang Squat Snatch
    Build to 75% - 60kg

Squat Snatch
    Build to a Heavy Single - 60kg

Conditioning
    For Time:
    20 Power Snatches - 50kg
    20 Barbell-Facing Burpees
    20 Overhead Squats - 50kg
    20 Snatch pull - 50kg

Midline
    Not for Time:
    750 Meter Row
    50 AbMat Sit-ups
    500 Meter Row
    35 Weighted AbMat Sit-ups (Light Load)
    250 Meter Row
    20 Weighted AbMat Sit-ups (Heavy Load)

Conditioning - weight 35kg
    30 Wall balls - 9kg
    30 Sumo deadlift high pull
    30 Box jumps
    30 Push press
    30 Calorie Row
    10 Back Squat - Bodyweight - 84kg
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    Unrelated but where is that pic in your avi, Clarky? I am jonesing to fish something horrible. I am taking a trip back home to Idaho but don’t have time to fish - mentioned in an earlier post that I may have to come your way to wet a line some day.
    Also saw this on bbc.com and thought you might enjoy - https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-44629019
    Hi TR, it was from Loch Earn. Maybe 1h or so from me. Yes the link you posted i have seen this with my own eyes. So so stunning to see the bird just float about then dive bombs.

Lots of ppl come to scotland from all over the world for the salmon fishing.
    almostgone and TRA like this.

Feel way way better the day fellas fucking YESSSSS!. I will get back to it on monday just to make sure i am 100%.
    Hope everyone has a good safe wk end.
    almostgone, hollowedzeus and TRA like this.

Big man, how's the weather at yours ? Fucking crazy here.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Email has been blowing up with requests for phone interviews, all of them too far away. Would be dream jobs for me.... SigSauer, Heckler&Koch, and Daniel Defense. H&K and Daniel Defense are both a 4-5 hour ride from the house over in Ga. and Sig is in Exeter, NH.....FML.
    TRA likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Email has been blowing up with requests for phone interviews, all of them too far away. Would be dream jobs for me.... SigSauer, Heckler&Koch, and Daniel Defense. H&K and Daniel Defense are both a 4-5 hour ride from the house over in Ga. and Sig is in Exeter, NH.....FML.
    Ffs mate, that's shit. I'll fire you a email shortly mate.
    Last edited by clarky.; 06-29-2018 at 10:15 AM.
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    Negotiate a weekday place to live, gym membership, food reimbursements and so on and bring your wife and use your home as a weekend getaway :-)
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Negotiate a weekday place to live, gym membership, food reimbursements and so on and bring your wife and use your home as a weekend getaway :-)
    LOL, that would be nice. Sig has a nice sign on bonus. All my family that I know.of is gone, but Mrs. AG has been in the area her whole life. She has a very large family with a very social nature It would devastate her. LoL, Mrs. AG worked at a store called Gallant-Belks when I first met here. She literally had 17 relatives that worked in the same store. Her family is like glue.
    Last edited by almostgone; 06-29-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Sh!t it's my bedtime. Y'all have a nice Friday and a safe weekend.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    LOL, that would be nice. Sig has a nice sign on bonus. All my family that I know.of is gone, but Mrs. AG has been in the area her whole life. She has a very large family with a very social nature It would devastate her. LoL, Mrs. AG worked at a store called Gallant-Belks when I first met here. She literally had 17 relatives that worked in the same store. Her family is like glue.
    Daniel Defense? I’m afraid you’re going to have to divorce Mrs. AG and take the job.
    TRA likes this.

Agreed sounds like very cool places to work at.

TRA
    Hi TR, it was from Loch Earn. Maybe 1h or so from me. Yes the link you posted i have seen this with my own eyes. So so stunning to see the bird just float about then dive bombs.

Lots of ppl come to scotland from all over the world for the salmon fishing.
    Same here - the day I moved out of my home state of Idaho eagles were mating and locking talons up in the air and then with wings spread tumbling toward the river where they let go at just the last minute. Those same eagles (which nested in the cliffs opposite the side of the river I accessed for fly fishing) used to catch fish out of the riffles toward the opposite bank. And some big cuts at that, looked to be 2-3lb. There was a moose that was native on that side as well that would come out and eat moss and stare at you across the river. Regretted leaving that place every day since I’ve been gone, but it was necessary for my life.
    Salmon fishing in Scotland is now on my bucket list. Do I have to wear a kilt to do that? I might have to borrow one from one of the boys here

Btw, what’s the fishing like west and northwest of Loch Earn, across highway A82? Looks like no people and a LOT of water ffs.
    Last edited by TRA; 06-29-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    clarky. likes this.

TRA
    Pretty heavy day to end the workweek with. Going to be interesting to see what comes on the schedule tomorrow. Did snatch movements for the first time in about 3-months or so which meant I kept it very light.

Gymnastics Conditioning
    For Time:
    9 Parallette Handstand Push-ups
    3 Peg Board Ascents
    7 Parallette Handstand Push-ups
    2 Peg Board Ascents
    5 Parallette Handstand Push-ups
    1 Peg Board Ascent

Snatch Balance
    Build to a Heavy 1-Rep - 50kg

Snatch Pull + Hang Squat Snatch
    Build to 75% - 60kg

Squat Snatch
    Build to a Heavy Single - 60kg

Conditioning
    For Time:
    20 Power Snatches - 50kg
    20 Overhead Squats - 50kg
    20 Snatch pull - 50kg

Midline
    Not for Time:
    750 Meter Row
    50 AbMat Sit-ups
    500 Meter Row
    35 Weighted AbMat Sit-ups (Light Load)
    250 Meter Row
    20 Weighted AbMat Sit-ups (Heavy Load)

Conditioning - weight 35kg
    30 Wall balls - 9kg
    30 Sumo deadlift high pull
    30 Box jumps
    30 Push press
    30 Calorie Row
    10 Back Squat - Bodyweight - 84kg
    Ffs...really? Really? I couldn’t do that workout (if at all) in a month’s time. I’d like to think it’s because I’m old but after looking at you beasts and your physiques and workouts I think I need to find the remedial HIT forum...Hardly Intense Training.

Ffs...really? Really? I couldn’t do that workout (if at all) in a month’s time. I’d like to think it’s because I’m old but after looking at you beasts and your physiques and workouts I think I need to find the remedial HIT forum...Hardly Intense Training.
    Yep lol I used to do lots of conditioning for martial arts but I don't think it went that far. If I tried tarmygs workouts I'd probably puke my lungs out halfway through
    almostgone and TRA like this.

Same here - the day I moved out of my home state of Idaho eagles were mating and locking talons up in the air and then with wings spread tumbling toward the river where they let go at just the last minute. Those same eagles (which nested in the cliffs opposite the side of the river I accessed for fly fishing) used to catch fish out of the riffles toward the opposite bank. And some big cuts at that, looked to be 2-3lb. There was a moose that was native on that side as well that would come out and eat moss and stare at you across the river. Regretted leaving that place every day since I’ve been gone, but it was necessary for my life.
    Salmon fishing in Scotland is now on my bucket list. Do I have to wear a kilt to do that? I might have to borrow one from one of the boys here

Btw, what’s the fishing like west and northwest of Loch Earn, across highway A82? Looks like no people and a LOT of water ffs.
    Lot's of sea lochs, and private lochs. A good few fresh water lochs too though. Yes you have to wear a kilt it's the law, Hahaha.
    almostgone likes this.

Hi fellas, feel great so back to it the mora. I went away fishing last night and got some pics. I'll post them up in the big mans thread.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Morning fellas/ladies, arms for me the day. Hope everyone had a good safe wk end, got some time to myself now so i can catch up. Report back the night.
    almostgone and hollowedzeus like this.

Hi fellas, got arms done the night. Good session but a wee bit weak but i knew i would be like that.

Standing db curls 3 sets

Incline db curls 3 sets

Db preacher 2 sets

French press 3 sets

V bar tri pd's 3 sets

Behind head v bar tri ex 3 sets

Cardio 10 min 2 miles

Done, really hot in the shithole i train at so felt it lol. We just have to open the doors no AC or fancy shit like that.
    I will get back to HIT when i feel i can.

Back at it late Tuesday/early Wednesday for me. My body and brain said I needed a break, so I took a week off.
    Believe I will be off 2-3 days for the Fourth of July. Will find out before leaving work Tuesday morning.

Blog Entries
    Had a few shitty days and my rotator cuff in the right shoulder is flaring up again. Happened same time last year. Exactly what held back my snatches last year and fully engaging the shoulder becomes really hard with this problem. First training since Friday today and I could not get to CrossFit so I trained legs at my old gym. Destroyed them as much as I could. Wife's off to San Diego on Sunday to see if that is a future option as a home for us. Very low chance we will opt for that but at the end of the day whoever offers most is where we will go assuming we actually like the place and there are good schools for my daughter.
    cousinmuscles and almostgone like this.

Blog Entries
    Just in case anyone is curious here is the last rep on parallellt handstand push-ups.

https://youtu.be/pZeZDEVgTXY

Just in case anyone is curious here is the last rep on parallellt handstand push-ups.

https://youtu.be/pZeZDEVgTXY
    Great work!

Second last training
    Squats 200 x 3,3,3
    Seated safety bar good mornings 100 x 6,6,6. Worlds best spinal erector exercise
    Glute ham raise +25x 10, 10,8
    Roman chair leg raise 25,25,25

Muscles in the back got sore, muscles I haven't felt sore in what seems like a decade. This will help a lot!

Last training
    Db bench 60x 5,5,3 missed setup on the last set had to reattempt
    Db incline 45 x 12,8,6
    Dips +40x12,12,10 or 11
    Reverse ezbar curls 40x 10,10,8
    Pec Dec rear delt 5th x 20,20,20
    tarmyg, clarky. and almostgone like this.

Hi fellas, did back the night. Hurt the cunt on the last set of T bar's .

Kneeling cg pd's 3 sets

Seated cg row 3 sets

T bars wg 3 sets

Straight arm pd 2 sets

Hypers 2 sets

Cardio bike 2 miles

Done, i was going to do rack pulls and bent over bb rows but i did something on the last sets of t bar's.
    I tried to ease it off with hypers but no, it felt so so but hurting when walking.
    hollowedzeus and almostgone like this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Hi all! Caught up the best I could. Hope all is well with everyone.

@AG. Good luck with job search. Hope you find something close to home (if that’s what works best for you and the Mrs.)

I’ve dabbled with keto and still perfecting. I realized I was being lazy and expecting great results with half hearted attempt. Decided I need to give this a fair chance so I went to the gym today.

Worked back and triceps. 30 min inclined treadmill. I felt strong! I’ve not lifted regularly for months. I miss it.

Happy 4th! Be safe!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    All I needed was a little exercise to put me into ketosis! I’m thrilled esp since I ate late dinner of ribs and salad!!!!
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Hi all! Caught up the best I could. Hope all is well with everyone.

@AG. Good luck with job search. Hope you find something close to home (if that’s what works best for you and the Mrs.)

I’ve dabbled with keto and still perfecting. I realized I was being lazy and expecting great results with half hearted attempt. Decided I need to give this a fair chance so I went to the gym today.

Worked back and triceps. 30 min inclined treadmill. I felt strong! I’ve not lifted regularly for months. I miss it.

Happy 4th! Be safe!
    Thank you, ma'am and a safe Fourth to you aw well.
    LOL, interviews have changed so much! Phone interviews, behaviorial interviews, etc. I want to walk in and say, "Look, I do my best to make or repair the shit you break".
    I still have until around the end of September at my present job and then severance and insurance for 32 weeks afterwards, so I'm trying to do this methodically and find what I hope will be my last job. However, if something doesn't come along, I'll gladly take a job I don't like and keep searching. Don't want to miss the opportunity to draw 2 checks.
    clarky. likes this.

Blog Entries
    Week keeps getting weirder. Went for chest today and was all of a sudden weak AF. Last week I repped 40kg for 12 reps and it felt easy (Dumbbell Incline Press). This week I hardly got 36kg up for 5 reps. No clue what changed but had to leave after a while or I was going to kill someone. All in all a shitty day as my wife had a bizarre interaction at work. I'll detail Indian weirdness in a later post.

Week keeps getting weirder. Went for chest today and was all of a sudden weak AF. Last week I repped 40kg for 12 reps and it felt easy (Dumbbell Incline Press). This week I hardly got 36kg up for 5 reps. No clue what changed but had to leave after a while or I was going to kill someone. All in all a shitty day as my wife had a bizarre interaction at work. I'll detail Indian weirdness in a later post.
    Think we all have weak days like that, sometimes they come in multiples. I will say that if it keeps up for 4-5 lifts, I drastically lower the intensity or take a complete break.
    Sorry to hear about your wife's crappy day.
    FWIW, I don't react well either if someone fvcks with or gives grief to those I am close to.
    clarky. and tarmyg like this.

Range time tomorrow morning.

Yard work now.
    clarky. likes this.

Hi fellas/ladies, got shoulders and traps done the night. Simple session, i need my holiday lol, 1wk on thursday (mora) and am off for 2wks.
    So,
    Arnie press 4 sets BB

Db side raises 3 sets a side

Rev pec dec 2 sets

Db drip machine shrugs 3 sets

Behind back machine shrugs 3 sets

Done. As i said simple session, rest day the mora and out for T with the Mrs .
    almostgone and tarmyg like this.

Thread Information