Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Brain fog

Morning all
    Hi big man.
    almostgone likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Got shoulders and traps and cardio done the night.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    This morning's lift.

Preacher curls- 2 w/u, Work 1 -(L)- 6, drop, 2, drop, 3+, drop, 6. (R) -11, drop, 2, drop, 3. Work 2 - (L) -4, drop, 2+,drop, 4. (R)- 6,drop,3,drop,3+, drop,5.
    Seated CC - 1 w/u, Work -(L) - 3+,drop,6+. (R)- 6,drop,2,drop,3,drop,5.
    Wide grip super 21s w/ a dry Oly EZ curl bar and spin lock.collars.
    Seated hammer curls - 4,drop,6.
    Triceps pressdown w/ straight bar - 2 w/u, Work 1 - 8, rest pause, 4, rest pause, 3. Drop a bit of weight. Work 2 - 7,rest pause, 3, drop, 4. Drop a little more.Work 3 - 6
    Close.grip bench - 3 w/u, Work 1 - 7, Work 2 - 6, Work 3 - 7. Drop in weight between each set.

57 minutes,. but the unilateral biceps work takes a little more time and it is.humid as fvck.in my shop.
    cousinmuscles, TRA and clarky. like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Good morning dungeon,

After posting here for a couple of weeks I can see why you guys like it. I was following this thread for a long time before I joined it. Just looking at AG's workout makes me want to go back and workout again.

Today I worked back and added in calves for good measure. I got some potential for a great separation in the calves and want to see where I can take that.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Good morning dungeon,

After posting here for a couple of weeks I can see why you guys like it. I was following this thread for a long time before I joined it. Just looking at AG's workout makes me want to go back and workout again.

Today I worked back and added in calves for good measure. I got some potential for a great separation in the calves and want to see where I can take that.
    It's nice to see your workouts.

Ag just keeps on pushing. You'd have to kill him to make him slow down but I'm sure a few have tried and failed.
    hollowedzeus and almostgone like this.

Good morning dungeon,

Thanks, Tarmyg. The group in here are all good people and one hell of a motivator. Actually, more of an extended family to tell you the truth!

It's nice to see your workouts.

Ag just keeps on pushing. You'd have to kill him to make him slow down but I'm sure a few have tried and failed.
    I swear, I can't hide anything from you.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Morning, metal movers. It's Friday.
    More mashed up turkey burger, rice, and broccoli for breakfast and then off to the shop in a bit.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Afternoon

No training for me today.
    cousinmuscles and clarky. like this.

Finished up the SolidWorks training today. Only working 1 day this weekend. This old fart is a bit tired.

This morning's lift:

Cable side laterals - 2 w/u, Work 1 - (L) - 11 reps. (R) - 15. Rest one minute and kept same weight. Work 2 - (L) - 8 reps (R) - 12 reps.
    Seated side laterals - Work - 11 reps.
    Reverse flyes - 2 w/u, Work 1 - 10 reps. Drop a bit of weight. Work 2 - 9 reps.
    D'bell presses - 3 w/u, Work 1 - 9 reps w/ a shitty lift off on first attempt. Drop a little weight. Work 2 - 10 reps. Drop a little more weight. Work 3 - 6 reps w/ a slow 5 count negative on last rep.
    Shrugs were one giant set.
    B'bell shrugs - 2 w/u, Work 1 (front) - 13 reps. Drop a little weight. Work 2 (rear) - 9 reps. Straight into d'bell shrugs - Work - 7 reps, drop, 5 reps.

57 minutes.

Squats coming up next, but may not happen until Saturday evening?
    TRA, cousinmuscles and clarky. like this.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Evening everyone. Thought I better check in for a dose of motivation - after a couple of months of some health issues getting back on track. Been lifting just shy of 4wks now HIT and saw some decent gains for the first time this week. Finally. Reset and gearing up for recomp with an up front mini cut after vacation in a few weeks. Will be at around 6000ft altitude for a week and altitude here is near sea level. Will see how that affects workout, haha. Part of vacay is a hike to a beautiful lake at 8,200 ft. #dropalung

Hope everyone is doing well and is injury free. I will scroll back a tad later to catch up on any recents.

Clarky, you’re killing me with those fishing Avis. I may have to come over that way sometime and wet a line.

Trail, there you are!!!
    You tend to run kind of rich like me in the hematocrit department, correct? That hike should tax your cardio a tad, LOL.

On the other hand, the vacation sounds f-in nice!!!! The hell with working out, with that climb up there comes an off- balance walk down back down. That work output is gracious plenty exercise.

Good to hear you have your lifting schedule fired back up. I got through an irregular lifting schedule myself. Much happier if I can get in at least 3-4 good lifts/week, but am lucky to get 2-3?
    TRA, cousinmuscles and clarky. like this.

TRA
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Trail, there you are!!!
    You tend to run kind of rich like me in the hematocrit department, correct? That hike should tax your cardio a tad, LOL.

On the other hand, the vacation sounds f-in nice!!!! The hell with working out, with that climb up there comes an off- balance walk down back down. That work output is gracious plenty exercise.

Good to hear you have your lifting schedule fired back up. I got through an irregular lifting schedule myself. Much happier if I can get in at least 3-4 good lifts/week, but am lucky to get 2-3?
    Good to see you AG! Haha, yeah, the hike should be cardio for a week. Thinking we’ll notify the volunteer fire dept in town in the event they need to wench my @ss down the hill afterwards.

Man, I went crazy not working out, then when sporadic it was torture, too. I can’t complain now I got out of hospital and back to baseline, except for significant losses from the ordeal. My job allows me to slip away and hit the gym at various times during the day so I feel pretty fortunate. My wife is working from home more now too, so we get to go together almost every time which is great.
    Are you getting more lifts or still just 2-3/wk? Is there any season where you get a reprieve from work??
    cousinmuscles and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    Good to see you AG! Haha, yeah, the hike should be cardio for a week. Thinking we’ll notify the volunteer fire dept in town in the event they need to wench my @ss down the hill afterwards.

Man, I went crazy not working out, then when sporadic it was torture, too. I can’t complain now I got out of hospital and back to baseline, except for significant losses from the ordeal. My job allows me to slip away and hit the gym at various times during the day so I feel pretty fortunate. My wife is working from home more now too, so we get to go together almost every time which is great.
    Are you getting more lifts or still just 2-3/wk? Is there any season where you get a reprieve from work??
    Very cool that Mrs. Trail jumps in there with you and lifts! Mrs. AG has slowly started making in appearance in the shop when I lift. It is taking her some time to get comfortable with seeing me under that kind of workload. Think she I afraid I'll rupture the left ventricle or something. I actually prefer to lift in solitude, but she has gotten accustomed to my music over the decades we dated, lived together, and have been married, so I make a concession for her.

No sir, not really a slow period at work in over 16 years except for 2008 when the economy slipped. Think I worked 5 day weeks for a few months.

LOL, I have a big break coming up around the end of September when the company I work for shuts down. I haven't gotten my release date or papers yet but if I'm guessing right, I should get canned on my birthday?

I have had several phone interviews and quite a few email contacts, but most of them are over an hour's drive one way. Also, have an on-site interview about 45 minutes away Tuesday.
    We should be good for a little while though.

I have 32 weeks of severance pay and insurance coverage plus a decent retention bonus, so hopefully I can bump up my lifting frequency to 4 days/week. Much more than that and my recovery begins to suffer.

The companies that I have been in contact with all know I'm committed to my current employer until the end, but I'm very vague about the exact date. I would like to take a couple of weeks off to myself for lifting , range time, and the never ending list of sh!t I need to do around the house. Plus I don't want to piss away the chance to make 2 paychecks even if it only happens for 5 or 6 months depending on when someone hires my country @ss.

Also, I usually get together with a couple of long time friends in the fall. Last year we met in Fayetteville, but this year we plan on Dahlonega, which is more my speed. Fayetteville has gotten pretty craptacular.

Refresh my memory on your hospital admission, please. What was going on there?
    Last edited by almostgone; 06-23-2018 at 06:31 AM.
    marcus300 and clarky. like this.

Think I'll go get my head hairs cut and snag some groceries for the freezer. Everyone have a nice Saturday!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I’m back! One hour body conditioning and one hour yoga. Felt good. I missed gym time!
    almostgone and tarmyg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I’m back! One hour body conditioning and one hour yoga. Felt good. I missed gym time!
    Yay, GGR! Feels good to get back into a routine doesn't it?

Spent about $300 on beef and chicken yesterday. Still need to snag some fresh fish and veggies. Talked my way out of working the weekend and I got some major sleep. Need to check on a few things and run a couple of errands then transition back to my nighttime schedule.

Nice to see some old faces trail. Hope your well.

Extremely busy at the moment with many projects I'm finding it hard to post lately.

Been training but not my usual self just kinda 50% but that's better than nothing.
    almostgone and clarky. like this.

TRA
    Nice to see some old faces trail. Hope your well.

Extremely busy at the moment with many projects I'm finding it hard to post lately.

Been training but not my usual self just kinda 50% but that's better than nothing.
    Hoping I would bump into you Marcus! I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately - been trying to get more time with my boy. Hope you’re well, too. Let me know if things slow down - would like to IM and check in with you. Cheers mate
    marcus300 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Good to see you back Trail.

My super scooter Suzuki Access 125 died after I dropped my daughter off at school today. No clue WTF happened. Just not starting. Dropped it off at the shop but of course, now I could not get to my normal workout and was stuck at my old gym. Not necessarily bad but I love crazy conditioning sessions and we had one on the schedule today. Anyway, ripped legs apart at Snap Fitness and could hardly walk down the stairs when I left so something good came out of it.

Running a test with Salbutamol at this time. I'll do a write-up when done as I am running a bit higher dosages than what I have seen others do. I really wanted to use Salbutamol as it can be picked up at the pharmacy here for almost nothing, 13 cents/pill for an 8mg pill.
    marcus300 likes this.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good to see you back Trail.

My super scooter Suzuki Access 125 died after I dropped my daughter off at school today. No clue WTF happened. Just not starting. Dropped it off at the shop but of course, now I could not get to my normal workout and was stuck at my old gym. Not necessarily bad but I love crazy conditioning sessions and we had one on the schedule today. Anyway, ripped legs apart at Snap Fitness and could hardly walk down the stairs when I left so something good came out of it.

Running a test with Salbutamol at this time. I'll do a write-up when done as I am running a bit higher dosages than what I have seen others do. I really wanted to use Salbutamol as it can be picked up at the pharmacy here for almost nothing, 13 cents/pill for an 8mg pill.
    Always sad when they die. I used to have a Kawasaki kaze r, no idea how it survived 10 summers of torture by me and my siblings, I have heard it finally diet out though.
    marcus300 likes this.

Second last training
    Seated Smith press 115x 8,8,8
    Pullups +15kg x 12, H grip +15x 12, wide grip +15x 7
    Standing calf raise
    Seated calf raise

Felt some fatigue from the deadlifts, was daydreaming during seated calf raises and missed rest pausing lol

Last night's training
    Squats 200 x 2,2
    Quit training there
    These for about 30-40kg heavier when unracking than when I did box squats. Whole body shakes. Lots of fatigue esp upper back due to lots of work... Use my arms all day so the shoulder blade area gets inflamed and sore. Had some stomach issues too. Thinking of halving my intake of legumes/beans. Shitload of fatigue will take an extra day off for the CNS. Don't know if it was the fatigue or too much fiber but neither my back or stomach was at the right state for heavy lifts.

TRA
    Started on new recomp - no HIT, but wanted to post up the initial upper body w/o just for gits and shiggles. More tired and sore day of workout than ever before, today is overall soreness, not focused pain like with a good HIT session, but I think I needed the change. Started a diet concurrently with an up front mini cut moving into recomp. TRT, var/winny only for cut, then will add some oils.

CAble rope pullovers
    W/u x 20
    4 working sets 10-15 as same weight, short rest periods (in all exercises)

Overhand cable flies
    W/u x 20
    4 work 10-15 same wt

DB laterals
    W/u x 20
    4 work 10-15 same wt

Cable curls
    W/u x 20
    4 work 10-15 same wt

Cable rope press downs
    W/u x 20
    4 work 10-15 same wt

Cable shrugs
    W/u x 20
    4 work 10-15 same wt

The following is to failure, rest/pause or drops to beyond x 1 working set, then without rest directly onto next exercise
    Hammer strength incline press
    Hammer strength shoulder press
    Bent over cable rows
    Standing single arm alternating cable curls
    French bar cable press downs

Seated abs - 140lb x 75 reps, required rest x 2 to hit 75

Absolutely spent. Legs later today with same basic volume pattern, lower wt, high volume concentrating on contractions, followed by 20 min HIIT stationary cycle to end session. Won’t post up any more but just wanted to throw the routine out there as it’s a custom recomp from a consultant and really hits differently than HIT.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Well life and humidity suck low tit on a high dog.
    almostgone likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Well life and humidity suck low tit on a high dog.

Gotta think about this one.
    almostgone and Capebuffalo like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    Hoping I would bump into you Marcus! I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately - been trying to get more time with my boy. Hope you’re well, too. Let me know if things slow down - would like to IM and check in with you. Cheers mate
    Hope everything is going well and your busy schedule has become more tolerable these days. Nice to see your still hitting the iron
    Shoot me a pm anytime

It's hot over the pond guy's. Very unusual for us to feel sun rather than rain. Got to say much prefer training in the cold.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's hot over the pond guy's. Very unusual for us to feel sun rather than rain. Got to say much prefer training in the cold.
    Conversely it's pissing down heavily down here and a nice thunderstorm just passed away, temps are quite cool too for the season.

It can get nasty when heatwaves from Africa hit, I live by the seaside and that means high humidity, too. But the experts say this summer will be mild in that context, also yesterday I asked whether gym shuts in August (many takes a whole month off), it only closes 1hr earlier at 10pm, so unless temps approach insane values (over 40 C), I'm golden.
    hollowedzeus and marcus300 like this.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Reading a few posted workouts. You guys are beasts!

Morning people. Legs for me then work. Ill make it a good one

Morning, all. Been a busy shift at work. Have an interview this afternoon, so probably no lift until Weds. evening.
    Not expecting much from the interview, definitely not an offer this early in the game, but figure I'll use it as an opportunity to talk to complete strangers w/o growling and/or cussing?
    Capebuffalo and marcus300 like this.

Morning, all. Been a busy shift at work. Have an interview this afternoon, so probably no lift until Weds. evening.
    Not expecting much from the interview, definitely not an offer this early in the game, but figure I'll use it as an opportunity to talk to complete strangers w/o growling and/or cussing?
    Why not, you could showcase those skills in the interview. They might need someone like that :P
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    Pretty heavy day. So much pulling it feels like the palm of my hands are on fire.

Ring Muscle-ups
    Max Unbroken Ring Muscle-ups
    I suck at this. Did 4 singles.

Deadlift
    Alternating On the Minute x 12 (6 Rounds):
    Even – 30 Seconds Max Strict Ring Dips
    Odd – 6-6-4-4-2-2 Deadlifts - Kept light at 100kg.

Conditioning
    3 Rounds For Time:
    9 Pull-ups
    15 Deadlifts - 110kg
    21 GHD Sit-ups
    50 Double Unders

Midline Conditioning
    Not For Time:
    21 Strict Toes to Bar
    42 Calorie Row
    15 Strict Toes to Bar
    30 Calorie Row
    9 Strict Toes to bar
    18 Calorie Row

Good luck ag
    Go smash it!
    almostgone likes this.

Let me know how you get on mate, best of luck

TRA
    Hope everything is going well and your busy schedule has become more tolerable these days. Nice to see your still hitting the iron
    Shoot me a pm anytime
    Thanks big man, will do
    marcus300 likes this.

Interview actually went fairly well, I think. As far as a job offer, I'm going to guess 60/40 for an offer? They grilled me on machine shop info and maintenance? Totally comfortable with pretty much any aspect of machining and most mechanical type scenarios. Told them PLCs and electrical troubleshooting weren't my forte at all, but they seem to want a little of everything?
    Didn't drop any F-bombs in the meeting that I recall and don't think I hurt anyone excessively when I shook their hands? Don't expect to hear from them for several weeks either way, job offer or not.
    Got another email for a request to setup a time for a phone interview from another company, so at least I'm getting some hits?
    Personnel manager was a cutie. She was very..... giggitty.

TRA
    Did volume legs yesterday, focused on contractions - made the entire workout about the mind-muscle connection. Finished a fairly brutal routine with body weight lunges AMRAP x 2, then directly to 20 min HIIT 1 min intervals on spin bike. Spent like no tomorrow.

Went to the movie a couple hours after w/o with wifey, who did the routine with me, and the elevator to the theatre is down so we had two large flights of stairs ffs. Seriously had to do rest/pause to make it to the top. Pretty sure people were looking at us walk and saying “look at that cute couple with disabilities...”

Never be a prisoner of the past. It was a lesson not a life sentence

We are meant to use our past and the teachings we've learnt to be stepping stones for the present moment, but many people are still carrying the hurt, traumas and disappointments.

There's no easy answer because these events can be life changing for some but using these life events can help achieve greatness and happiness if you can unlock them from the cell they live in.

Yawn, been up a little over 3 hours and still feel groggy. Definitely won't waste any time getting to sleep when this shift is over.

Thread Information