Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Yeah, banning guns isn't going to make them go away. I mean they've made drugs illegal and how difficult is it to get your hands on some?
    A bag of coke isn't going to kill upwards of 30 innocent people.

Guns are too ingrained into American culture now. I'm not sure what can be done to regulate it to stop stuff like this happening again (and it WILL happen again). Unless you impose Airport like security at places like schools, hospitals, etc, what can be done?

Granovich is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shsm View Post
    Words cannot describe how messed up this is. These kids are more than likely going to be traumatized by this for the rest of their lives.

No word yet on the numbers of the wounded either.
    with all due respect ....KIDS at this age gets killed by 100's in the middle east and afghanistan everyday
    crazy isnt it ?

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Well, as tragic as this is, is anyone really surprised?

I don't want to come off in a cold manner, but cmon...what will it take to admit you guys have a problem over there concerning firearms.
    The problem is not enough sane legal citizens carry them. Had there been ONE adult in that school carrying a concealed firearm; that dude would have never killed that many people- period. That's the problem- to have a firearm in the United States is a pain in the ass. Even being legal; its easier to get one illegally than it is to get one legally in most states. There are states such as Illinois where it is illegal for anyone outside of law enforcement to carry a pistol period; but that's why Chicago has had 500 murders this year.

Reality is- nut jobs, drug dealers, murders, etc. live everywhere. The way to stop them is to shoot them when they attack. You can't prevent them from getting guns; that ship has sailed. You need to shoot back before they can shoot you and everyone else.

3 instances prove this: Today's school shooting, last weeks mall shooting, and the movie theatre shooting. All 3 could have prevented mass casualties had ANYONE other than the shooter been carrying a firearm. Period. No way to argue it.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by AXx View Post
    Does it change anything that they were purchased legally or illegally??

If he is really 20, then purchasing a handgun in the state of CT is ILLEGAL!!!
    does it change what happened as being horrible. of course not.
    but people who defend the guns and gun laws claim a lot of the time its always the people who purchase them illegally.
    I dont know the laws of CT they also mentioned NJ. I dont know where they were purchased.
    laws will not stop all of this, but if it prevents one of these shootings then its worth in IMO
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

And you cannot blame guns because a few weeks ago some dude killed 30 kids in China with knives..... To stop nut jobs- shoot them in the face WHEN they expose themselves. Discussion over.

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I just watched all of them CNN, MSNbC, and FoX they said all the guns were purchased legally and were in the mothers name. So the guns she bought she was shot with. WOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    The problem is not enough sane legal citizens carry them. Had there been ONE adult in that school carrying a concealed firearm; that dude would have never killed that many people- period. That's the problem- to have a firearm in the United States is a pain in the ass. Even being legal; its easier to get one illegally than it is to get one legally in most states. There are states such as Illinois where it is illegal for anyone outside of law enforcement to carry a pistol period; but that's why Chicago has had 500 murders this year.

Reality is- nut jobs, drug dealers, murders, etc. live everywhere. The way to stop them is to shoot them when they attack. You can't prevent them from getting guns; that ship has sailed. You need to shoot back before they can shoot you and everyone else.

3 instances prove this: Today's school shooting, last weeks mall shooting, and the movie theatre shooting. All 3 could have prevented mass casualties had ANYONE other than the shooter been carrying a firearm. Period. No way to argue it.
    thats BS that everyone pro gun says. Look at the statistics i posted. The states with the loosest gun laws and carry permits have move gun violence. Those are FACTS not what if scenarios

Dont you guys get something like 30,000 gun deaths across the country each year? 500 deaths in comparison seems relatively low, so perhaps that proves something.

I disagree with this whole "if someone was allowed to carry a gun in the school, it would be over".....are you telling me, if you were a parent, you would be happy knowing someone had a loaded weapon on them every single day with children around? It's easy for a psycho to shoot people, what about a normal guy? Could he really shoot another person? What if he shot a kid or teacher instead?

This reminds me of the cinema massacre there was not long ago in America and again, people were saying "well if i was allowed to take a gun into the theatre...." REALLY!? With all those stampeding people??

It just seems like people need an excuse to shoot another person.

The whole point of the 2nd Amendment was to defend yourself from tyranny, and now guns are used as a form of tyranny.

And you cannot blame guns because a few weeks ago some dude killed 30 kids in China with knives..... To stop nut jobs- shoot them in the face WHEN they expose themselves. Discussion over.
    Thats alot rarer, when else have you ever heard of mass stabbings

I just watched all of them CNN, MSNbC, and FoX they said all the guns were purchased legally and were in the mothers name. So the guns she bought she was shot with. WOW!!
    just heard that as an update from what i posted.

How are you going to prevent guns from killing people with laws? Explain that..... because I can get in my car right now and buy a gun illegally within 30 minutes. One quick trip to the hood and I can be Rambo. You think if I wanna wipe out a mall crowd I'm gonna take the time to fill out paperwork for permits? Common dude... and forget taking guns away.. never happen. That would require re-writing the Constitution and will NEVER happen. Citizens that legally own pistols are not gonna just go turn them in to the local cops even if they ask nicely with a law behind it.

Dont you guys get something like 30,000 gun deaths across the country each year? 500 deaths in comparison seems relatively low, so perhaps that proves something.

I disagree with this whole "if someone was allowed to carry a gun in the school, it would be over".....are you telling me, if you were a parent, you would be happy knowing someone had a loaded weapon on them every single day with children around? It's easy for a psycho to shoot people, what about a normal guy? Could he really shoot another person? What if he shot a kid or teacher instead?

This reminds me of the cinema massacre there was not long ago in America and again, people were saying "well if i was allowed to take a gun into the theatre...." REALLY!? With all those stampeding people??

It just seems like people need an excuse to shoot another person.

The whole point of the 2nd Amendment was to defend yourself from tyranny, and now guns are used as a form of tyranny.
    agree 100%
    pro gun people have complete blinders. The answer is always more guns

How are you going to prevent guns from killing people with laws? Explain that..... because I can get in my car right now and buy a gun illegally within 30 minutes. One quick trip to the hood and I can be Rambo. You think if I wanna wipe out a mall crowd I'm gonna take the time to fill out paperwork for permits? Common dude... and forget taking guns away.. never happen. That would require re-writing the Constitution and will NEVER happen. Citizens that legally own pistols are not gonna just go turn them in to the local cops even if they ask nicely with a law behind it.
    not everyone knows where to goto the hood to buy one. 40% of guns are sold online with no background check. That again is a FACT.
    I never said guns should be banned. But every retard with a few hundred dollars and an internet connection shouldnt be able to order 1.
    So if closing some loop holes like buying online or huge clips prevents the death of even a few its worth it. If your a responsible gun owner you should have no issue waiting a couple of weeks and getting a back ground check.

Reality is- yes, in this day and age; there should be an armed guard at a school. Society is to blame for that; NOT guns. Me- I don't even own a gun but I sure as hell am thinking about it. I have two kids and have no problem blowing someones fvcking head off should they even attempt to jeopardize my kids safety. Hell, I went after a dude at my son's baseball game for talking smack and that prick is lucky he can run fast cause he was about to get an asswhopin' just for being an idiot.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Timothy McVeigh was a complete gun FREAK. I mean off the wall, his world revolved around guns and a militant lifestyle. When it came time for him to commit mass murder, what was his weapon of choice?

Not guns.

A van, diesel, and fertiliser.

Those who are determined to cause harm to others will do so, guns are simply a simple and effective tool in doing so. Remove that tool and you are still left with those determined to cause harm, and that determination will cause them to find other, more effective methods.

Sure, take away the guns. If it would have saved these kids lives I'd be the first to give mine up.

But that does nothing to take away those who are determined to cause harm to others.

Reality is- yes, in this day and age; there should be an armed guard at a school. Society is to blame for that; NOT guns. Me- I don't even own a gun but I sure as hell am thinking about it. I have two kids and have no problem blowing someones fvcking head off should they even attempt to jeopardize my kids safety. Hell, I went after a dude at my son's baseball game for talking smack and that prick is lucky he can run fast cause he was about to get an asswhopin' just for being an idiot.
    yea and people like you are what make people like me worry about guns. Your were going to beat someones ass for being an idiot. What if he turned and blew your head of because he was in fear of his asswopin. And if florida it would have been perfectly legal to kill you.

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

not everyone knows where to goto the hood to buy one. 40% of guns are sold online with no background check. That again is a FACT.
    I never said guns should be banned. But every retard with a few hundred dollars and an internet connection shouldnt be able to order 1.
    So if closing some loop holes like buying online or huge clips prevents the death of even a few its worth it. If your a responsible gun owner you should have no issue waiting a couple of weeks and getting a back ground check.
    Maybe Lunk can chime in here as well. I have worked in gun stores (my buddy owns one) I know for a fact that if you purchase a gun off of a website I.e. Budsgunshop something like that a background check is not done at that moment of purchase but you have to send the a copy of your local FFL info for them to send it too. Upon the local gun shop recovering the gun there is a background check administered before you walk out just like you had purchased it in the store itself. So there is that.

Now there is a flip side of this. Internet gun forums who have a trading post (if you will) now these transactions are either done face to face (without paperwork) or they are shipped from party to party. Legally you are suppose to send a copy of your FFL in the box with the gun and it shall be sent to a FFL (federal firearms license) where a background check shall be performed.

So there are ways to do this legally and illegally.

The purpose of a gun is to kill another living thing. There is no two ways about it. A gun on its own might as well be a rock to be thrown by an animal, but stick a gun in a persons hand and that persons holds as many lives as there are rounds, in the palm of their hand.

There will always be nutjobs, scumbags, psychos, but a psycho with a knife will never do the amount of carnage someone with a firearm can do.

If people want a gun for home protection, then fine, the weapon should never leave the home. I think unless you are out hunting, perhaps it should be illegal to carry a gun outside of your home.

Isn't that the whole point of guns in America? To protect your home? You have no business otherwise carrying one with you into a restaurant.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    As an pro gun person and collector I have NO problem with making stricter laws when it comes to the purchase of firearms. You want me to wait a week...fine, you want me to wait a month...fine, you want my ID and SSN...OK, I will comply with whatever you need me to comply with in order to enjoy my right to own firearms without crazy restrictions. You want to make harsher crimes for gun related crimes...go for it...

None of this will stop the US from being a naturaly violent society. We were born in blood and we will continue to live in blood!

I state again...you want to fix this shyt then be a good parent, be involved with your children, instill good values and help them make good decisions! Stopping violent behavior starts at home! Not in the court system...it's to late by then!

canesfan804 is offline Member
    This is just so sad. It more than a gun issue. Things like this dont go without some warnings. We need to do a better job of raising our children, more than just providing for them. When they do good praise them, when they are bad discipline them. Sometimes even whip them, it good for them. Teach them to respect others and care about others. Also stop letting CHILDREN play violent video games and watch violent movies. While not all kids who watch and play them wind up killing people, it would help with making days like today happen less often. While armed gaurds are a good idea, its not a end all. Maybe we need to let God back into school. Lead out with prayer in the am. If you dont believe in God then take this time to pray to WHOEVER you like, or just use it as a moment to collect your thoughts.

canesfan804 is offline Member
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    As an pro gun person and collector I have NO problem with making stricter laws when it comes to the purchase of firearms. You want me to wait a week...fine, you want me to wait a month...fine, you want my ID and SSN...OK, I will comply with whatever you need me to comply with in order to enjoy my right to own firearms without crazy restrictions. You want to make harsher crimes for gun related crimes...go for it...

None of this will stop the US from being a naturaly violent society. We were born in blood and we will continue to live in blood!

I state again...you want to fix this shyt then be a good parent, be involved with your children, instill good values and help them make good decisions! Stopping violent behavior starts at home! Not in the court system...it's to late by then!

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1

From one nut job to the other. Golf clap!!!

Maybe Lunk can chime in here as well. I have worked in gun stores (my buddy owns one) I know for a fact that if you purchase a gun off of a website I.e. Budsgunshop something like that a background check is not done at that moment of purchase but you have to send the a copy of your local FFL info for them to send it too. Upon the local gun shop recovering the gun there is a background check administered before you walk out just like you had purchased it in the store itself. So there is that.

Now there is a flip side of this. Internet gun forums who have a trading post (if you will) now these transactions are either done face to face (without paperwork) or they are shipped from party to party. Legally you are suppose to send a copy of your FFL in the box with the gun and it shall be sent to a FFL (federal firearms license) where a background check shall be performed.

learned something new thanks Axxx

AXx

learned something new thanks Axxx
    Your welcome sir

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    yea and people like you are what make people like me worry about guns. Your were going to beat someones ass for being an idiot. What if he turned and blew your head of because he was in fear of his asswopin. And if florida it would have been perfectly legal to kill you.
    Yea- dude was half drunk and swearing at 6 year olds at a T-Ball game....

Why are you worried about guns? Don't start no shit won't be no shit.... lol. Plus- guns don't kill people; people kill people. If I wanted someone dead I can do it without a weapon so..... how does a gun law prevent me from killing you or anyone else if I'm a nut job?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post

i agree with you Lunk that it starts in the home to find a solution. Very good post.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    The purpose of a gun is to kill another living thing. There is no two ways about it. A gun on its own might as well be a rock to be thrown by an animal, but stick a gun in a persons hand and that persons holds as many lives as there are rounds, in the palm of their hand.

There will always be nutjobs, scumbags, psychos, but a psycho with a knife will never do the amount of carnage someone with a firearm can do.

If people want a gun for home protection, then fine, the weapon should never leave the home. I think unless you are out hunting, perhaps it should be illegal to carry a gun outside of your home.

Isn't that the whole point of guns in America? To protect your home? You have no business otherwise carrying one with you into a restaurant.
    completely agree

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"

Yes Axx..if purchased from gun sites such as Gunbroker or others they have to be shipped to a valid FFL and then you fill out the appropriate paper work. If you purchase on on a furum of some sort then this is stilll the LEGAL requirement if being shipped across state lines.

If a face to face purchase is done then it's state by state and in this state you can sell or purchase a rifle or shotgun to anybody and a handgun only requires that you veiw a valid permit to purchase

Your welcome sir
    Actually.... incorrect on one part. In GA; no paperwork required for private party. The seller is only legally obligated to ask for ID ONLY to verify that the buyer is a legal GA resident as well as of age. No other paperwork to do on either end.

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131

Actually.... incorrect on one part. In GA; no paperwork required for private party. The seller is only legally obligated to ask for ID ONLY to verify that the buyer is a legal GA resident as well as of age. No other paperwork to do on either end.
    Re-read my post. Face to face there is no paperwork unless you require it for your own records

Yea- dude was half drunk and swearing at 6 year olds at a T-Ball game....

Why are you worried about guns? Don't start no shit won't be no shit.... lol. Plus- guns don't kill people; people kill people. If I wanted someone dead I can do it without a weapon so..... how does a gun law prevent me from killing you or anyone else if I'm a nut job?
    and like i said it would be perfectly legal for him to blow your brains all over homeplate for what you did. Makes you feel safer right?

Why the issues with guns. Maybe cause i have had idiots pull them on me before. And yes they were people that were in the wrong and had them legally. But they could have killed me in a second because they were aloud to legally have a gun.

How does someone not being able to carry protect me. I cant protect my self from someone shooting at me 10ft away. Take away your gun, i have no issue defending myself hand to hand or if you have a knife. Any pvssy can shoot someone.

Re-read my post. Face to face there is no paperwork unless you require it for your own records
    My bad...

AXx

and like i said it would be perfectly legal for him to blow your brains all over homeplate for what you did. Makes you feel safer right?

Why the issues with guns. Maybe cause i have had idiots pull them on me before. And yes they were people that were in the wrong and had them legally. But they could have killed me in a second because they were aloud to legally have a gun.

How does someone not being able to carry protect me. I cant protect my self from someone shooting at me 10ft away. Take away your gun, i have no issue defending myself hand to hand or if you have a knife. Any pvssy can shoot someone.
    Having cold steel to your temple sucks ass. I know this from first hand experience.

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131

My bad...
    All is well, no worries.

Having cold steel to your temple sucks ass. I know this from first hand experience.
    yes it does. And never did i think fvck i wish i had a gun. it was more fvck i wish this idiot didnt.

I'm not talking about people pulling guns in street fights. I'm talking about people pulling guns in these types of situation. You can get killed by a drunk driver (and more likely to happen) just as fast as you can by getting shot. My point is that people need to be responsible and the responsible ones are the ones that will save people in instances like happened today. You can't fix stupid....

You're telling me if you weren't in one of those incidents and you were carrying you wouldn't pull it out and start firing? With your logic- you can't... guns are illegal; but someone needs to tell that to the guy firing an AK47 in a movie theatre because the gun charge is the last thing he's worried about.

As far as stand your ground- damn right. Don't start no shit won't be no shit is my firm belief. Half the shit that happens starts because people aren't worried about getting killed for their actions. Its a lot less likely that someone is gonna start trouble when they know you are packing and more than likely you'll get shot in the face for it.

AXx

yes it does. And never did i think fvck i wish i had a gun. it was more fvck i wish this idiot didnt.

I think you and others know by now that I carry a gun daily on my person. But in this incident with a gun already being pointed at my head I would have been a complete DEAD idiot if I had tried to be a hero. Actually i didn't have a gun on that day but if I had of there is no way under the sun I would have been able to react to his reaction fast enough to not get shot. Some things are better to just leave alone and not be a hero, I have a family that needs me.

I'm not talking about people pulling guns in street fights. I'm talking about people pulling guns in these types of situation. You can get killed by a drunk driver (and more likely to happen) just as fast as you can by getting shot. My point is that people need to be responsible and the responsible ones are the ones that will save people in instances like happened today. You can't fix stupid....

You're telling me if you weren't in one of those incidents and you were carrying you wouldn't pull it out and start firing? With your logic- you can't... guns are illegal; but someone needs to tell that to the guy firing an AK47 in a movie theatre because the gun charge is the last thing he's worried about.

As far as stand your ground- damn right. Don't start no shit won't be no shit is my firm belief. Half the shit that happens starts because people aren't worried about getting killed for their actions. Its a lot less likely that someone is gonna start trouble when they know you are packing and more than likely you'll get shot in the face for it.
    as far as me shooting if i had a gun in a thearter sounds great. But how would you feel if i pulled it and starting trying to shoot the gunman and missed and killed your family member. Everyone thinks they are snipper and under gunfire, panic and people running they can pick the person off no issue. please.

the problem with stand your ground i dont need to start shit. You could start shit and because now your scared im going to fvck you up you can legally shoot me. Yes would i be less likely to start something if i knew the person was carrying. But the issue is the people who are packing are more prone to start shit. Because they know they have a gun and the other person cant do shit. So again guns turn alot of pvssy's into tough guys

Regardless of opinion, politics, or laws... guns are not going anywhere, at least in our lifetime. It will never happen... period. The people that want them will get them regardless of what laws or restrictions are in place one way or another.

I think you and others know by now that I carry a gun daily on my person. But in this incident with a gun already being pointed at my head I would have been a complete DEAD idiot if I had tried to be a hero. Actually i didn't have a gun on that day but if I had of there is no way under the sun I would have been able to react to his reaction fast enough to not get shot. Some things are better to just leave alone and not be a hero, I have a family that needs me.
    def agree. Mine probably lasted 20 seconds. and i debated in my head do i go for his gun or not. it was probably a foot away from my chest. Lucky people talked him out of it. before i made a dumb decision

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    as far as me shooting if i had a gun in a thearter sounds great. But how would you feel if i pulled it and starting trying to shoot the gunman and missed and killed your family member. Everyone thinks they are snipper and under gunfire, panic and people running they can pick the person off no issue. please.

the problem with stand your ground i dont need to start shit. You could start shit and because now your scared im going to fvck you up you can legally shoot me. Yes would i be less likely to start something if i knew the person was carrying. But the issue is the people who are packing are more prone to start shit. Because they know they have a gun and the other person cant do shit. So again guns turn alot of pvssy's into tough guys
    now now there gixxer. you've seen the video of the old man chase the two thugs away with his pea shooter. no one else got hit. and if I had a gun, like any other concealed permit owner I know, if I was in that theater i'd wait for a clear shot, just like a cop if they were magically on the scene...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information