Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    likelifting is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    what about our rights not to get killed by your guns?
    Murder is illegal. Pretty sure that one is on the books.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Bottom line with guns or anything like them is responsibility. And someone failed on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    its crazy how ridiculous people sound
    Likewise.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    what about our rights not to get killed by your guns?
    I don't think you should have a bimmer. it's to dangerous for you. you could kill a whole family with that thing. and your bike. you could kill yourself. I don't think you should have that either.

If this idiot didn't have a gun, my "GUESS" is he would probably have got in his car and drove into a crowd of kids waiting for the bus or something.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by likelifting View Post
    Why is making the point that the gun used in this shooting was probably obtained illegally a terrible point?
    because most of these mass killings the guns were bought legally buy the killer or in this case their family member. Maybe if the fvcking gun owner was responsible and had them in a safe or trigger locks. Which arent required in all states by law. The killer wouldn't have had access to them and killed everyone. So it did start with an irresponsible legal gun owner.
    and the shooting at the mall earlier the gun was stolen from a friend. So where are all these responsible owners that make it easy for others to access their guns
    Last edited by gixxerboy1; 12-14-2012 at 06:57 PM.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    I don't think you should have a bimmer. it's to dangerous for you. you could kill a whole family with that thing. and your bike. you could kill yourself. I don't think you should have that either.
    and thats why i dont have a bike anymore. I'm responsible And neither are made just for the act of killing. Now if i was looking to purchase a tank you made a good point.
    and i did have to pass a drivers test and a motorcycle test.
    Last edited by gixxerboy1; 12-14-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    From the Ottawa Citizen:

BEIRUT — Syrian state media say 29 students and a teacher have been killed when a mortar slammed into a school outside Damascus.

The state-run news agency SANA said the children were killed Tuesday. The report blamed terrorists, the term the regime uses for rebels who are fighting to topple the government.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Sy...#ixzz2F4saO5rt

Murder is illegal. Pretty sure that one is on the books.
    doesnt help me if im dead. Also with the "stand your ground law" here in florida it pretty much makes murder legal IMO

because most of these mass killings the guns were bought legally buy the killer or in this case their family member. Maybe if the fvcking gun owner was responsible and had them in a safe or trigger locks. Which arent required in all states by law. The killer wouldn't have had access to them and killed everyone. So it did start with an irresponsible legal gun owner.
    That question was not to you, but... So lets assume that I say, 'you just made a very valid point against the post of ???" forgot already who it was. So good point. But why was his post called terrible? It fit into the debate. It was good info to know about this tragedy.

doesnt help me if im dead. Also with the "stand your ground law" here in florida it pretty much makes murder legal IMO
    That was interesting and I had no idea that law existed till the shooting earlier this year. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Not sure I know enough about it.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    All of this brings me back to what was it Tucson Arizona where a shooting rampage left a federal judge dead and a congresswoman critically injured. That was 2011. Yeah we definitely live in a violent society and I just don't get it. It's 2012, people are free, but with freedom comes responsibility. Some say we need more laws. I say just enforce the ones already on the books. But with the way things are nowadays, the laws seem to protect the killers. And we don't want to infringe upon a killers rights even when it comes to putting him down for what he has done. That would be cruel and unusual punishment. I can see how the rest of the world views the US with skepticism, wondering if they want democracy if it looks like us. And here we are overseas fighting for freedoms, while back home people are free to murder and rape and rob. Yeah I can see how the world wonders WTF is up with America these days...
    Last edited by Shol'va; 12-14-2012 at 07:10 PM.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    and thats why i dont have a bike anymore. I'm responsible And neither are made just for the act of killing. Now if i was looking to purchase a tank you made a good point.
    yet they kill more people than guns every year. it's too dangerous for you to have. sorry man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    All of this brings me back to what was it Tucson Arizona where a shooting rampage left a federal judge dead and a congresswoman critically injured. That was 2011.
    Yes. It seems like there is at least one a year. Sad.

That question was not to you, but... So lets assume that I say, 'you just made a very valid point against the post of ???" forgot already who it was. So good point. But why was his post called terrible? It fit into the debate. It was good info to know about this tragedy.
    my point of thinking its not a valid argument is because its not what happened in this case. And to jsut ignore part of the problem while saying they will just buy them illegal anyway.

why not use the same argument for other issues. If you get a dwi you may get your licences suspended. Why suspend it they still have the car and will probably drive anyway. You can put a breathalyzer in the car. Well they will just probably get a friend to blow in it. Now will some people do that yes. Does it stop some yes. So better guns laws will not eliminate this problem but if it stops one of these killing it worth it

senorrebo is offline Associate Member
    "The deepest definition of youth is life as yet untouched by tragedy."
    Alfred North Whithead

That was interesting and I had no idea that law existed till the shooting earlier this year. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Not sure I know enough about it.
    honestly that law scares the shit out of me living in florida. There have been a few shooting in the state since i lived here that the killer has claimed the stand your ground law. Really the person only has to be in fear to have to right to shoot you. It really is scarry. Fvck i know i have yelled at someone or did something to make someone scared. Now i wasn't going to do anything but they would been in the right to shoot me,

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm still waiting for anyone to explain how they would have stopped this guy from killing everyone without a gun? How are you going to realistically stop this dude from killing 20 kids without having a gun yourself? You gonna throw chalk or books at him? What's the plan Gixxer?

Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    I'm still waiting for anyone to explain how they would have stopped this guy from killing everyone without a gun? How are you going to realistically stop this dude from killing 20 kids without having a gun yourself? You gonna throw chalk or books at him? What's the plan Gixxer?
    the plan is not to stop him after or during. Its to stop him from having easy access before hand and it never happening
    Honestly the only chance would be like an Arizona when he stopped to reload

honestly that law scares the shit out of me living in florida. There have been a few shooting in the state since i lived here that the killer has claimed the stand your ground law. Really the person only has to be in fear to have to right to shoot you. It really is scarry. Fvck i know i have yelled at someone or did something to make someone scared. Now i wasn't going to do anything but they would been in the right to shoot me,
    I could see that law muddying (is that a word?) up every court case where someone shoots another person. Has to be a nightmare for prosecutors.

the plan is not to stop him after or during. Its to stop him from having easy access before hand and it never happening
    Honestly the only chance would be like an Arizona when he stopped to reload
    You weren't gonna stop shit from happening. According to CNN.... this dude had 3 guns, and was wearing "army gear" whatever that means. This dude was truly a nut job. He had no intention of applying for a permit to have a gun.... this shit was planned. Easy access depends on where you live and who you know........ I don't know about you but most people know where the bad part of town is where you live.... that's where you can usually go buy a gun....

You weren't gonna stop shit from happening. According to CNN.... this dude had 3 guns, and was wearing "army gear" whatever that means. This dude was truly a nut job. He had no intention of applying for a permit to have a gun.... this shit was planned. Easy access depends on where you live and who you know........ I don't know about you but most people know where the bad part of town is where you live.... that's where you can usually go buy a gun....
    so we should do nothing because some people can buy the illegal in the hood. Where do you think those guns that are being sold on the street come from . they started as legal purchases at 1 point.

i dont think different gun laws are going to fix the problem. If it stops one of these shooting isnt it worth it? Could you look one of these parents in the face and say its not worth passing better laws because it wouldn't cure the problem?
    Last edited by gixxerboy1; 12-14-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: added some and spelling

Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    yet they kill more people than guns every year. it's too dangerous for you to have. sorry man.
    ill just steal one and drive it anyway so might as well let me get one

Shsm is offline Senior Member

^^^ fvcking pathetic

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shsm View Post
    Looks like the wrong people were shot if teenagers priorities are that selfish.

so we should do nothing because some people can buy the illegal in the hood. Where do you think those guns that are being sold on the street come from . they started as legal purchases at 1 point.

i dont think different gun laws are going to fix the problem. If it stops one of these shooting isnt it worth it? Could you look one of these parents in the face and say its not worth passing better laws because it wouldn't cure the problem?

Here's your flaw in your logic- CT has some of the most stringent gun laws to legally own a gun; carry or not.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Why is making the point that the gun used in this shooting was probably obtained illegally a terrible point?
    It was not obtained illegally. The mother got it legally but was irresponsible with where she kept it if it got into his hands. The brothers did not speak in years. Did you see his replies on facebook. Obviously not someone who is playing with a full deck

Rwy
    and if we cannot figure out who to and not to give guns to you dont give them to anyone

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Looks like the wrong people were shot if teenagers priorities are that selfish.
    proof of lunks theory in serious effect lol

and if we cannot figure out who to and not to give guns to you dont give them to anyone
    Right.. because all the armed robbers, drug dealers, etc. are just gonna go turn all theirs in voluntarily the second the US says guns are banned...

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    ^^^ fvcking pathetic
    Agreed
    Wow. Thats really the only word I have for this fvcking childish fvcking nonsense.

Give me a motherfvcking break

chefjmo is offline Junior Member
    as i watched this tragedy unfold i couldn't help but think of not only all the children that lost their innocent lives but also the children that made it out. they will be scarred for life. around christmas as well! every christmas for theses kids in the years to come will bring this haunting day back to life. all of that community will be in my prayers throughout the holidays. words can not describe how sad this is.

Rwy
    Right.. because all the armed robbers, drug dealers, etc. are just gonna go turn all theirs in voluntarily the second the US says guns are banned...
    That is what the police are for not you. Mentally ill people go on these mass shootings. Not drug dealers, or armed robbers and the reason they dont is bc they know they are ****ed

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    proof of lunks theory in serious effect lol
    My theory is not a theory it's a fact. The degradation of family values across the board has led to increased crime, mental illness, drug abuse and countless other problems. If you look at all of these ppl you will see that they all have disfunctional family lives.

These things are not done by kids raised in a strong home with good morels and family values!

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    My theory is not a theory it's a fact. The degradation of family values across the board has led to increased crime, mental illness, drug abuse and countless other problems. If you look at all of these ppl you will see that they all have disfunctional family lives.

These things are not done by kids raised in a strong home with good morels and family values!
    I agree 100% lunk.

That is what the police are for not you. Mentally ill people go on these mass shootings. Not drug dealers, or armed robbers and the reason they dont is bc they know they are ****ed
    Right... because the police can make it in time? By the time the police showed up and were involved; a total of 27/28 people were dead. If ONE adult in that school had a pistol... it may have been 2-3-5-7 people dead; not 27......

You think taking guns away from LAW ABIDING LEGAL CITIZENS is going to stop mass shootings or any other violent crime? Are you serious? How? Give me ONE way this could have been prevented with stricter gun laws? CT has one of the strictest state laws in the US in respects to gun ownership. You think a dude looking to kill dozens of people gives a rats ass about what the law says about gun ownership and licensing? You think that if he couldn't steal those guns from his mother he couldn't get them elsewhere illegally? Common dude.. wake up...

stpete is offline Banned
    Nothing good comes from carrying a gun unless you're LE. And the reason i say this is because LE goes through strenuous mental and physical evaluations on a regular basis. you simply don't become a cop and get a firearm for the rest of your life. Doesn't work that way. Say i'm a cop; and i want to run a background check on Gix. I have to log into the computer w/my i.d. and it will show everywhere i went for "the powers that be" to review. If i was doing something "out of the way" they will find out when and why.
    I agree that guns don't kill people, people kill people. And we can all sit here and say that tougher gun laws need to be enforced, but i can tell you right now, as a person that doesn't believe in guns unless you want to go kill helpless Bambi, and to protect your home(and only your home) there's no reason for guns.
    But the sad fact is, lay down all the rules and regulations you want, if i want a gun, i will get one within about 1 hour of me writing this. We HAVE TO HAVE MORE STRINGENT LAWS HERE.
    And i agree w/Lunk. It starts w/the family. My good friend is a cop for CPD and i have another that works for KCPD. They don't play. Ex military that teaches their children(in a kinda rough way) the ways of life. And they know better to go around their "tools of the trade"if you will.
    It's people w/questionable backgrounds that need to be told no. And i'll take it as far as to say a man or woman that doesn't pay child support should have no right to a firearm. A misdemeanor, no firearm. DV=no firearm. Alcohol abuse=no firearm. Drug history=no firearm. resisting arrest=no firearm. A bunker in the middle of nowhere=no firearm.
    2 or more contested divorces=no firearm. Calling Jim Rome during the smack off=no firearm. you see where i'm going.

Just surround yourself w/heavy explosives for possible intruders is good enough. CCW's is for LE. There's no place in society for wanna be heroes or outlaws. Just my .02.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That's an awesome idea comrade stpete. All dictators agree 100% with those ideas.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information