4WS 700x10 with 10 half reps after each

SM SLDL:
    4WS 185x10

Leg Curls:
    4WS 125x10

Calf raises
    3WS 225x15

Cardio:
    Stair Stepper HIIT 10 total intervals in 20 min.

Comments:

Good workout, groin is holding up ok. I can’t squat over 185 without significant pain. So I’m working on slow controlled reps to make up for lack of weight. Going to work on rep numbers too. I really noticed pain when I start to fatigue so I have to keep perfect form. Was 204 this morning, hoping to be down under 200 by the end of this week and shed some more fat.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I had overhead paused squats scheduled the other day. 5 seconds down and then hold for 10 seconds before going up. Would that help you in anyway? No experience with this kind of injury.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I’d like to try belt squats. Saw an article on those the other day. Had no idea a machine like that existed. Zero stress/compression on the spine but will provide traction to hips and pelvic area. You can do them without the machine but they don’t seem to be as effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    I’d like to try belt squats. Saw an article on those the other day. Had no idea a machine like that existed. Zero stress/compression on the spine but will provide traction to hips and pelvic area. You can do them without the machine but they don’t seem to be as effective.

Unfortunately, I’ve never had access to a belt squat machine. That said, yeah, even just using a dip belt, an attachment for plates and a couple of boxes, you can smoke the hell out of your legs with zero spinal loading. Beats the hell out of a leg press any day, imo.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    I had overhead paused squats scheduled the other day. 5 seconds down and then hold for 10 seconds before going up. Would that help you in anyway? No experience with this kind of injury.
    The eccentric part of the exercise is what kills. No pause squats for me...lol
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    Unfortunately, I’ve never had access to a belt squat machine. That said, yeah, even just using a dip belt, an attachment for plates and a couple of boxes, you can smoke the hell out of your legs with zero spinal loading. Beats the hell out of a leg press any day, imo.
    I’m actually going to try these next leg workout. I saw one of my buddies doing them the other day. Just got to find the dip belt.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I’m actually going to try these next leg workout. I saw one of my buddies doing them the other day. Just got to find the dip belt.
    Awesome!! Let us know what you think about the exercise. Just watching YouTube vids on it, it looks like a great leg w/o.

MuscleScience likes this.

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I just use a cheap Harbinger dip belt that I picked up from Dick’s Sporting Goods. I’ve had it loaded with 225 with no issues so far. I’d imagine you’d probably want a leather if you’re doing shit like 405+ though.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    MS what is that smell of ammonia in nose after exercise. It can't be sensed by others, it just seems to be a phantom smell in the nostrils.

I know ammonia is a byproduct of protein breakdown but I'm not sure I'm smelling actual ammonia.

The question is: am I burning fat or muscle?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    MS what is that smell of ammonia in nose after exercise. It can't be sensed by others, it just seems to be a phantom smell in the nostrils.

I know ammonia is a byproduct of protein breakdown but I'm not sure I'm smelling actual ammonia.

The question is: am I burning fat or muscle?
    If youre in ketosis it would be acetone that you are breathing off. Which is actually very noticeable in diabetics. Idk of any condition where you would be breathing off noticeable amounts of ammonia and still be conscience really. Lol

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

If youre in ketosis it would be acetone that you are breathing off. Which is actually very noticeable in diabetics. Idk of any condition where you would be breathing off noticeable amounts of ammonia and still be conscience really. Lol
    Yeah I meant I doubt it's ammonia. I'm not having that much carbs these days - about 150g. Isn't that too much to enter ketosis?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Yeah I meant I doubt it's ammonia. I'm not having that much carbs these days - about 150g. Isn't that too much to enter ketosis?
    Way to much to be in ketosis. You could have a tonsils fistula that holds food that will produce bad Oder as the food ferments in the pseudo pouch. I get those from my tonsils being ate of from strep when I was a kid.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Way to much to be in ketosis. You could have a tonsils fistula that holds food that will produce bad Oder as the food ferments in the pseudo pouch. I get those from my tonsils being ate of from strep when I was a kid.
    Nay it's only a post exercise phenomenon.

Blog Entries
    Bi’s and Tris tonight,

Basicallu blitzed my arms with tons of volume and tons of weight. To many exercises to list it was that intense.

Got all pumped up watching vids on YouTube which was good. I tried some new exercises I’ve never don’t before. I had a really good pump going, felt like my arms were going to pop. It almost seems like on Keto, I have endless energy to workout. Did 30mins of HIIT after the workout. Feel like I could have kept going but don’t want to over train. Finally got my elbows and shoulder feeling good again.

Weight was 203 this morning.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Worked arms yesterday as well:

4 sets wide grip bb curls
    3 sets neutral grip curls
    3 sets incline bench db curls
    3 sets hammer curls
    4 sets forearm curls

4 sets cable tricep extensions
    3 sets reverse grip extensions
    3 sets French presses
    3 sets narrow grip bench press

MS, I like watching the YouTube vids prior to hitting the gym too. Great way to get psyched up to work.

Back:

3 sets wide grip lat pulls
    3 sets neutral grip lat pulls
    3 sets t-bar rows
    3 sets hammer strength rows
    4 sets incline bench cable rows
    4 sets straight arm cable rows
    4 sets narrow, reverse grip lat rows

POW shake. 4 oz grilled chicken warming up in the oven

Blog Entries
    Worked arms yesterday as well:

4 sets wide grip bb curls
    3 sets neutral grip curls
    3 sets incline bench db curls
    3 sets hammer curls
    4 sets forearm curls

4 sets cable tricep extensions
    3 sets reverse grip extensions
    3 sets French presses
    3 sets narrow grip bench press

MS, I like watching the YouTube vids prior to hitting the gym too. Great way to get psyched up to work.

Back:

3 sets wide grip lat pulls
    3 sets neutral grip lat pulls
    3 sets t-bar rows
    3 sets hammer strength rows
    4 sets incline bench cable rows
    4 sets straight arm cable rows
    4 sets narrow, reverse grip lat rows

POW shake. 4 oz grilled chicken warming up in the oven

Killing it Odin!

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    HIIT circuits tonight, shoulders yesterday.

Jacked my right shoulder up again playing with the dog just before going to the gym. I have that partial implant holding my labrum together and I think, when stuff gets inflamed the tissue swells and rubs over it. I worked around it, not the best workout ever last night but I got it done. Carbed up yesterday’s to help poop, it worked! But unfortunately my weight keeps ticking up. I actually looked much bigger and fuller this morning and today. So I know what amount of carbs I will need to carb up for a show, or at least a good starting point.

Today’s workout was really good, i set up a HIIT circuit of rows, pushups and weighted walking lunges with 10 deep squats at the end. Took me about 25 minutes to complete all 8 rounds. Basically no rest between exercises. I was pouring sweat and breathing really hard. Got my heart rate up to about 85-90% mhr for 12-15 of those minutes. That’s really where I wanted to work in tonight. After that i rested and got rehydrated then got 40min of steady state cardio in. I’m going to go back to this more intensive or volume amount of cardio with hopes of restarting my weight loss again.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience's Iron Lab

HIIT circuits tonight, shoulders yesterday.

Jacked my right shoulder up again playing with the dog just before going to the gym. I have that partial implant holding my labrum together and I think, when stuff gets inflamed the tissue swells and rubs over it. I worked around it, not the best workout ever last night but I got it done. Carbed up yesterday’s to help poop, it worked! But unfortunately my weight keeps ticking up. I actually looked much bigger and fuller this morning and today. So I know what amount of carbs I will need to carb up for a show, or at least a good starting point.

Today’s workout was really good, i set up a HIIT circuit of rows, pushups and weighted walking lunges with 10 deep squats at the end. Took me about 25 minutes to complete all 8 rounds. Basically no rest between exercises. I was pouring sweat and breathing really hard. Got my heart rate up to about 85-90% mhr for 12-15 of those minutes. That’s really where I wanted to work in tonight. After that i rested and got rehydrated then got 40min of steady state cardio in. I’m going to go back to this more intensive or volume amount of cardio with hopes of restarting my weight loss again.
    Wow!! That’s better than any treadmill w/o! I couldn’t hang with you there MS. Man, what a w/o.

Would psyllium husk count as a carb? If so, might serve both purposes of maintaining ketosis and keeping things moving.

Slept in late this morning. Slept till 10. Can’t remember the last time I did that. Just had a ham/cheese omelette. I think that back w/o I did yesterday really wore me out. In fact, I forgot to add one exercise I did in my line up...3 sets of bent over rows. All I know, it was nice to sleep in for a change!

Blog Entries
    Wow!! That’s better than any treadmill w/o! I couldn’t hang with you there MS. Man, what a w/o.

Would psyllium husk count as a carb? If so, might serve both purposes of maintaining ketosis and keeping things moving.

Slept in late this morning. Slept till 10. Can’t remember the last time I did that. Just had a ham/cheese omelette. I think that back w/o I did yesterday really wore me out. In fact, I forgot to add one exercise I did in my line up...3 sets of bent over rows. All I know, it was nice to sleep in for a change!

I’m taking it twice a day. Everything I’ve read says it doesn’t but Im not entirely sure of that. My GI works better with breads and pastas to some extent. I can eat all the ruffage I want and nothing moves.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Would that have something to do with water retention in the GI tract???

Blog Entries
    Would that have something to do with water retention in the GI tract???

Fiber will cause your GI tract to dump more water into it to keep stuff moving.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    HIIT and core today.

A couple weeks back I started a whole new day where I focus on my lower trunk. My midsection use to be my strongest point. Pretty much had a six pack from the time I was 14 to 27 or 28. Then the injuries and extended layoffs took there toll. Been readying a lot of newer research that is pointing to spot training actually being effective in targeted fat loss. In the past this was always though of as not possible. Fat removes evenly off your body based on your genetics. It seems that with newer body mass imaging technology we are now able to better image and estimate how much fat is lost from a specific area.

Several key things that were already know were that fatty tissue with access to an adequate blood supply is required for efficient fatty acid release. Both in the signal molecules reaching the fatty tissue and then releasing fatty acids into the blood stream. With more sensitive technology, several papers have shown that fatty tissue in and around a working muscle tend to release more fatty acids. When compared to fatty tissues surrounding none working muscles. That’s kinda driven me to do a couple of sets of midsection exercises throughout my workouts to get a muscle pump to those areas. So that the muscle pump from the workout muscles helps stimulate fatty acid release from around my mid section.

We will see if my experiment works or not. But worse case scenario I have a really strong core...

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Anyone think I would benefit from using MK-677? Mainly for fatloss and recovery?
    NACH3 and OdinsOtherSon like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Anyone think I would benefit from using MK-677? Mainly for fatloss and recovery?
    Defo for recovery I think it’s ok for fat loss but talk to someone else about that I never ran it or SARMs

MuscleScience's Iron Lab

Are you considering a SARM, MS?

Blog Entries
    Are you considering a SARM, MS?

Not Sarms

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Legs:

4 sets hammer strength leg extensions

3 sets each hack squats and squats

3 sets each stiff leg deadlifts and leg curls

5 sets seated calf raises

Spent. Didn’t eat enough this morning. Bad day not to eat eat right.

Blog Entries
    Chest and tris,

Decided to go heavy as I could on everything today. DB flat benches I went up to 105’s for 3 sets of 5-6. That’s the heaviest I’ve went on those in 4-5 years. Felt really good. Going to go and do cardio here in a bit.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Warmup: SIT’s exercises, calisthenics

Flat Bench:
    135x10
    185x5
    225x5
    245x5

Incline press:
    3WS 185 to failure which was 8-10 each set

DB flat bench: to failure
    100x6
    105x6
    105x5

Incline bench French press lower pulley:
    3WS to failure

DB French press:
    3WS 100x10
    1ws 75 to failure x12

Standing DB chest flies:
    4WS 25 to failure each set8-10

Standing CC press:
    3WS x15, isolation exercise

Tri press downs:
    3WS to failure

Reverse tri press:
    3WS to failure

Ab exercises throughout my working sets to keep the heart rate elevated.

Burnout exercise: pushups to failure 30ish

Comments:

Really good workout, i worked out mad. Seemed to help with the intensity a bit. My right shoulder was still being a bit of a pain but was able to work around it. That’s why I didn’t go up much more on barbell bench. Really bothered it, so I backed off. Weight had still platued. Sitting at 204 this morning, still consitpated so I’m sure I have 5 lbs of shit in me lol.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Back and Bi’s tonight

Everything was intense and heavy. Going to go heavier the next 4 weeks or so to hopefully spur my metabolism some and burn a lot of calories while exercising. I’ve kinda hit a weight loss plateau so it seems my body has adapted. I’ll be refeeding once a week as opposed to once every two or three. I think the mistake I made was going to long without a refeed and my body slowed my metabolism a bit.

Workout tonight was awesome, had a great pump and was very vascular. That has finally started to show through a bit. This go around vascularity was something that hasn’t came as fast as in the past. That’s ok, even though I’m smaller than the past. I feel my physique is a better balance. I’m actually training arms and shoulders. Which I had mostly done passively with other exercises.

Got an hour of cardio in tonight. Had some stress I needed to burn off. Hopefully I will sleep like a log.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Fasted this morning because I had a big ole plate of chicken parm last night

Chest:
    4 sets decline bench
    3 sets incline bench, last set drop
    3 sets hammer strength incline bench super set w/ machine presses
    3 sets flat bench cable flies super set w/ peck deck

POW shake

Now 6oz grilled chicken w/broccoli

Blog Entries
    Fasted this morning because I had a big ole plate of chicken parm last night

Chest:
    4 sets decline bench
    3 sets incline bench, last set drop
    3 sets hammer strength incline bench super set w/ machine presses
    3 sets flat bench cable flies super set w/ peck deck

POW shake

Now 6oz grilled chicken w/broccoli

With pasta?

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

With pasta?
    Naturally 🤣

Shoulders:

3 sets seated db lateral raises
    3 sets front db raises, neutral grip
    3 sets one arm upright rows super set w/ reverse pec deck
    3 sets military press
    3 sets bb shrugs super set w/ hammer strength shrugs

POW shake

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hows your groin ms

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Hows your groin ms
    Hurts like always

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Hurts like always
    Damn, sounds like my back

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Damn, sounds like my back
    Except I didn’t hurt my self humping two bisexual blonds like you did
    guitarzan and OdinsOtherSon like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Except I didn’t hurt my self humping two bisexual blonds like you did
    Lol, I wish

Thread Information