Results 1,481 to 1,520 of 2805
Like Tree2244Likes

Thread: May 2018 Most Improved Competition [FINISHED: Results in post #5]

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Attachment 173071
    Slowly getting more vascular
    Damn you are looking ripped and have made an awesome transformation here!

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Damn you are looking ripped and have made an awesome transformation here!
    Thanks man, the first 70lbs came off fairly easy, damn if it ain't tough now!
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Thanks man, the first 70lbs came off fairly easy, damn if it ain't tough now!
    Dont lose heart. We can all see the forward progress you are making and its immense. You are a whole different guy

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Back day (finally at gym).

Close parallel grip pull down - never did this before, got a special feeling from it, also didn't know what weight to use, had a warm up set with 40kg, then selected 65 I believe and squeezed 8-10 reps for good. Repeat at rowing machine, then db bent over row (single arm), finished with barbell bent over row (45°).

My lower back was painful pumped. Couldn't speak properly jaw muscles were (and still are) cramping, despite I had 1lt water throughout session.

Ammonia/acetone breath smell creeped up again that means I needed more carbs pre wo.

Any input how to improve my back day?

In for shoulders tomorrow. Nice machines around including shoulder press and rear delts.
    clarky. and PeanutbutterDC like this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Hi everyone, yous still all going good ?.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post

Close parallel grip pull down - never did this before, got a special feeling from it, also didn't know what weight to use, had a warm up set with 40kg, then selected 65 I believe and squeezed 8-10 reps for good. Repeat at rowing machine, then db bent over row (single arm), finished with barbell bent over row (45°).

My lower back was painful pumped. Couldn't speak properly jaw muscles were (and still are) cramping, despite I had 1lt water throughout session.

Ammonia/acetone breath smell creeped up again that means I needed more carbs pre wo.

In for shoulders tomorrow. Nice machines around including shoulder press and rear delts.
    Back pumps? Are you taking var or clen ?

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Hi everyone, yous still all going good ?.
    No, hungry...lol
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Away out a run.

Yes the vest is ironic

And yes im wearing squatting knee wraps

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Obs and cousinmuscles like this.

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    Quick front double

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CDCBA001-2AD1-409C-8EE4-04EAAC3BE9B0.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	173077

Back pumps? Are you taking var or clen?
    Nope, I just target the lower lats.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduke93 View Post
    Quick front double

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CDCBA001-2AD1-409C-8EE4-04EAAC3BE9B0.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	173077
    Looking good
    Eduke93 likes this.

No, hungry...lol
    Same

Back pumps? Are you taking var or clen?
    Focus on form even if it meams lowering the weight. Also try really slow reps to get the mind-body connection.
    Best wishes!
    bethdoth likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member

Glad you are finally in a proper a gym, it does make a difference IMO.

Not really much to improve, just make sure your chest is out and spine arched back (or lats dont activate), try to maintain the elbows close to the side of your body on rows and really pull your elbows as far back as possible. See many ppl in gyms not pulling elbows back on rows, so they are not squeezing the latissimus dorsi as should be.
    Ah, I always add a pullover type movement, hammer strength pullover machine is great, but straight arms pull downs done correctly is awesome too. It is a great exercise to save your grip, as it can get tired with a lot pull movements.

Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Away out a run.

Yes the vest is ironic

And yes im wearing squatting knee wraps
    Hope you are not wearing the knee wraps around, as they supposed to only be on during the squats. It cuts circulation to lower legs which is not ideal when you are training legs.
    BG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by peanutbutterdc View Post
    looking good
    x2..
    BG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Hope you are not wearing the knee wraps around, as they supposed to only be on during the squats. It cuts circulation to lower legs which is not ideal when you are training legs.
    I did a two mile run tonight. Tried the wraps on. Felt okay. Need something to compress my knees as i dont want to damage them.

Not sure if its a good move or not lol. Didnt tie them squat tight though
    Mr.BB likes this.

Not really much to improve, just make sure your chest is out and spine arched back (or lats dont activate), try to maintain the elbows close to the side of your body on rows and really pull your elbows as far back as possible. See many ppl in gyms not pulling elbows back on rows, so they are not squeezing the latissimus dorsi as should be.
    Ah, I always add a pullover type movement, hammer strength pullover machine is great, but straight arms pull downs done correctly is awesome too. It is a great exercise to save your grip, as it can get tired with a lot pull movements.
    It does indeed, felt much more comfortable around than I expected, like I always trained there. Overall very much of a laid back and relaxed place.

I was thinking to pick just one between db and bb bent over row, probably favour the latter, just one intense set and spare energy to hit back from a different angle, perhaps wide grip pulldowns. Maybe also add some deadlifts, but stop eccentric phase at shin.

Pullover machine I saw one but had no idea what it was, just googled it. I usually do pullovers on a chest session but I'll move to back day thanks.
    Last edited by hammerheart; 06-05-2018 at 05:15 PM.
    Mr.BB and PeanutbutterDC like this.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member

Planet Fitness is the only real gym. What other gyms got tootsie rolls at the counter, pizza nights, and bagel Tuesdays? What other gym has no bench press or squat rack? Planet Fitness for life!

It does indeed, felt much more comfortable around than I expected, like I always trained there. Overall very much of a laid back and relaxed place.

I was thinking to pick just one between db and bb bent over row, probably favour the latter, just one intense set and spare energy to hit back from a different angle, perhaps wide grip pulldowns. Maybe also add some deadlifts, but stop eccentric phase at shin.

Pullover machine I saw one but had no idea what it was, just googled it. I usually do pullovers on a chest session but I'll move to back day thanks.
    Both db and bent over row would be brutal for me, would only be able to finish the session with some pullover machine.

Shin deads are good for lower back on some ppl, not for my structure, all stress goes to hammies and glutes.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

KittyO1 is offline Female Member

May 2018 Most Improved Competition [Entry open]

These are some of my fav pullovers that can be done pretty much anywhere! Similar to chest ones but a few changes to target the lats.

https://youtu.be/CVz8KjQtXho

~“We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 15:11~‬ *NLT‬‬
    ‬‬

Db and bb will feel different/hit muscles differently bc of different grip. You can further mix it up by using a reverse grip, or a smith machine for bb, or straddle an incline bench prone for db rows. There must be a hundred ways to do rows. Once you have the stamina you can benefit from doing several types of rows in a single workout.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    Db and bb will feel different/hit muscles differently bc of different grip. You can further mix it up by using a reverse grip, or a smith machine for bb, or straddle an incline bench prone for db rows. There must be a hundred ways to do rows. Once you have the stamina you can benefit from doing several types of rows in a single workout.
    Well said DC.

Cardio the night after work. Thats all thats on the agenda today. Not been eating enough. Need to get my arse in gear

Cardio the night after work. Thats all thats on the agenda today. Not been eating enough. Need to get my arse in gear
    Need to get your arse... ON gear
    charger69 and cousinmuscles like this.

Need to get your arse... ON gear
    I fuckin do btw. Fed up with people going 'oh do you go to the gym?'

Hduxbsusbsj

Sup guys,

Chest last night, was a decent session.

Press Ups 5x 15-20 1x Fail
    Shoulder Height Chest Flys 3x 8-10 1xDS
    Decline Chest Flys 2x 8-10 1xDS
    Flat Smith Bench Press 3x8-10 (Light, still experiencing shoulder weakness)
    Incline Smith Bench Press 3x8-10 (Light again)
    Chest Press 1x DS

Legs tonight, Yay!!

Food has been good, I am where i want to be body fat wise so have been eating intuitively the past few days and things are going great, fuller and feel nice and tight in the mid section going to keep it all here BF wise and pack on a few slabs of lean mass! Average around 2800-3000 Calories, cardio has increased to assist.

Enjoying the hardness masteron brings when i'm pumped in the gym!

Hduxbsusbsj
    Haha... Damn... Hey man, more anger to take out on the weights! Fucking people aye... No. Idea.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Hduxbsusbsj
    The tren from everyone else must be affecting you. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    The tren from everyone else must be affecting you. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol, it is a rather potent compound...

Sup guys,

Chest last night, was a decent session.

Press Ups 5x 15-20 1x Fail
    Shoulder Height Chest Flys 3x 8-10 1xDS
    Decline Chest Flys 2x 8-10 1xDS
    Flat Smith Bench Press 3x8-10 (Light, still experiencing shoulder weakness)
    Incline Smith Bench Press 3x8-10 (Light again)
    Chest Press 1x DS

Legs tonight, Yay!!

Food has been good, I am where i want to be body fat wise so have been eating intuitively the past few days and things are going great, fuller and feel nice and tight in the mid section going to keep it all here BF wise and pack on a few slabs of lean mass! Average around 2800-3000 Calories, cardio has increased to assist.

Enjoying the hardness masteron brings when i'm pumped in the gym!
    I always believed that you should do the heaviest compound movements first (the chest press), do the rest of the compound movements, then do the isolation exercises, and finish it out with the push-ups.
    Do you usually have enough left in the tank by the time you get to the chest press?
    Eduke93 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I always believed that you should do the heaviest compound movements first (the chest press), do the rest of the compound movements, then do the isolation exercises, and finish it out with the push-ups.
    Do you usually have enough left in the tank by the time you get to the chest press?
    Its all preference and experimentation, you don't have to start with compound work, you can pre-exhaust the muscle with isolation then move onto a compound movement... That's the approach i am using at the moment for chest.

A bit of info below for you ...

"Pre-exhaust training is an excellent technique by forcing your muscles to work twice as hard on compound movements ensuring muscular fatigue first before neurological fatigue sets in. Secondly, because single-joint movements are used first and bio-mechanically great exercises for joint stability it can be used to limit the force on the joints and tendons when doing multiple-joint movements. And thirdly, pre-exhaust can be used during training plateaus, training through an injury or for a change in training mode to maintain interest. It is typically used to offset the body's ability to adapt to a certain exercise stimulus, i.e. an exercise and/or mode of training"

I know. At home I could only to db and bb rows, so got kinda bored and accustomed to them, I think I will hang around the cables and pulleys more, their fun and make me feel funny if going intense (I love that).

Its all preference and experimentation, you don't have to start with compound work, you can pre-exhaust the muscle with isolation then move onto a compound movement... That's the approach i am using at the moment for chest.

A bit of info below for you ...

"Pre-exhaust training is an excellent technique by forcing your muscles to work twice as hard on compound movements ensuring muscular fatigue first before neurological fatigue sets in. Secondly, because single-joint movements are used first and bio-mechanically great exercises for joint stability it can be used to limit the force on the joints and tendons when doing multiple-joint movements. And thirdly, pre-exhaust can be used during training plateaus, training through an injury or for a change in training mode to maintain interest. It is typically used to offset the body's ability to adapt to a certain exercise stimulus, i.e. an exercise and/or mode of training"

That makes sense. I'll have to look into that next time I switch up my routine

45 mins of cardio tonight not bad.

Good night guys. Im having a wee cuppa tea then crashing

I know. At home I could only to db and bb rows, so got kinda bored and accustomed to them, I think I will hang around the cables and pulleys more, their fun and make me feel funny if going intense (I love that).
    Yes! Have fun with your new access to all the cables and other fun equipment. Does your gym have a t-bar row?

Yes! Have fun with your new access to all the cables and other fun equipment. Does your gym have a t-bar row?
    Nope haven't seen one.

Today went for shoulder but made a mistake and should have rested instead, had one crappy workout, just got a (rather decent) pump and went home spent already. Recover is not my best quality I'll admit it, my tris are still sore from last chest session (Sunday).

Tried the shoulder press machine but was unimpressed. Seated overhead also was meh. What I'm used to and I like are standing military presses, don't feel like expressing half the power if taking a seat.

Nope haven't seen one.

Today went for shoulder but made a mistake and should have rested instead, had one crappy workout, just got a (rather decent) pump and went home spent already. Recover is not my best quality I'll admit it, my tris are still sore from last chest session (Sunday).

Tried the shoulder press machine but was unimpressed. Seated overhead also was meh. What I'm used to and I like are standing military presses, don't feel like expressing half the power if taking a seat.
    Yeah, I gotcha
    When you're ready for shoulders again try some cable lateral raises. You can hit the delts from a variety of angles. Man, I love shoulder day!

How's your sleep been? (I remember you were having some sleep trouble.)That can affect recovery
    hammerheart likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyO1 View Post
    These are some of my fav pullovers that can be done pretty much anywhere! Similar to chest ones but a few changes to target the lats.

https://youtu.be/CVz8KjQtXho
    IMO chest is not really greatly activated by pullovers. Like DY I only do pullovers for lats.

Db pullovers get harder when you are advanced cause the bigger weight will stress your wrists and specially the elbows. The guy on the video looks too big to be playing with that little weight, not saying its not a good demonstration of the exercise, but after a few years of pullovers a pullover machine allows you to move a lot more weight with much lower risk on your joints.

EDIT: This is what im talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZnLRqD4M-I (sorry for not being so sexy lol, although I dont endorse the yelling part)
    Last edited by Mr.BB; 06-06-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    charger69 likes this.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    IMO chest is not really greatly activated by pullovers. Like DY I only do pullovers for lats.

Db pullovers get harder when you are advanced cause the bigger weight will stress your wrists and specially the elbows. The guy on the video looks too big to be playing with that little weight, not saying its not a good demonstration of the exercise, but after a few years of pullovers a pullover machine allows you to move a lot more weight with much lower risk on your joints.

EDIT: This is what im talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZnLRqD4M-I (sorry for not being so sexy lol, although I dont endorse the yelling part)
    I wonder if marcus knows where one can find Yates training partner...

The pullover machine is excellent, tried it for the first time a couple months ago in my new gym, hit my lats so hard they started cramping!
    Mr.BB and PeanutbutterDC like this.

Thread Information