Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
Like Tree852Likes

Thread: This Will Be My last Post

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    ^ delete

Geez, the spam bot finds this place
    Got them out of here, <Samson>. I swear they seem to pick on your thread the most!
    < <Samson> > likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Well, I feel that today has good timing for an update - it has been exactly 17 months(it was also a Monday the 13th) since my dAVF/AVM has been diagnosed and was the cause to an active brain bleed. At the time, things looked quite grim - between how/what I was feeling, being in the midst of the worst part of cOVID & going to a hospital that had no clue what to do with a patient with my/this condition.

Fast forward to today - I feel nothing short of amazing!

I thought to myself at the time there was no coming back from where I was, let alone what I was about to go through.

Now, I physically feel better than I have before & my entire perspective on life has changed(to put it mildly).

And, after being on here I wish everyone had the same “luck” I had with this - And now, I feel quite compelled to help people in any way possible that are going through anything similar.

As far as how I exactly physically/mentally feel - I still feel odd sensations all over the left hand side of my head(where the AVM was embolized & where the hemorrhage occurred) - mostly in the upper left cranial region from back to almost front. No headaches - period! I have not taken a pain reliever for any type of head ache/sensation for months upon months - my wife gets way more headaches than I do(some, possibly caused by me though, lol). I still lift very heavy in the gym - my temporal veins come out pretty hard after doing so(on both sides equally). But, I am really taking a different approach to my fitness at this point - not because of this, but my overall health(joints, ligaments, etc.) I am still in the same physical condition as I was prior to fifteen months ago.

Anxiety is the only thing that seems to haunt me almost daily. I stopped smoking weed, since it really was not helping much at all. It sure did for the first few months of being released from ICU. But, up until stopping - it actually kind of given me an opposite effect along with adding to a fatigue feeling. My anxiety really kicks up in the evening after a full days work. During the day, I seem to do just fine. It’s time for me to change PCP’s, since he believes it’s better to place me on long term antidepressants, than me carry on with my antipsychotic medicine use(along with telling my pharmacist to tell me to look for a new PCP < seriously, what MD would do this? At least have the courtesy to call me or something). I am far from depressed & do not believe in these meds at all. My Rx of choice has been Xanax, it has a short half life and I do not abuse it at all. It doesn’t make me feel anything that I am attracted to, but more of a necessity.

That just about covers it
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 12-13-2021 at 10:16 AM.
    Chark, Cuz, ghettoboyd and 2 others like this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I still cringe when I see that title and read some of the first post. Never say never or at least never give up.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Same here, that was crazy the first time seeing it and then when it pops up wondering if things went wrong again.

As a side note I’m in the same boat, thought I would never feel good again, now I’m far from amazing but have a much better perspective………waaaay better
    lovbyts and < <Samson> > like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sampson- this is nothing more than amazing. There is a reason that you were selected to stay here longer.
    We all take life for granted….. until something like this happens.
    I am glad you are still around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Great that you are still with us and I'm sure your input will be valuable to many members!

Blog Entries
    Haven’t had time to post anything, work’s been hectic - which is way unusual during this season

But, shit - I’m glad to be able to do it < go figure

But, yeah - still intact is an amazing feeling. Coming back, without deficits - with my condition is close to unheard of. Shit, talk about being on the edge of the frontier & I haven’t even left the planet.

Had some time to spare today - kinda, doing a 2nd gym session of the day - hiit lifting in the AM & slow uphill cardio rn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76AD4391-6D78-4FBB-8EE2-28B2362647A1.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	797.8 KB 
ID:	181487

Name:	DA90147E-415D-42A5-B26C-DC7F24DA591D.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	415.1 KB 
ID:	181488

Not the best back pic - but, eh
    Chark likes this.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Haven’t had time to post anything, work’s been hectic - which is way unusual during this season

But, shit - I’m glad to be able to do it < go figure

But, yeah - still intact is an amazing feeling. Coming back, without deficits - with my condition is close to unheard of. Shit, talk about being on the edge of the frontier & I haven’t even left the planet.

Had some time to spare today - kinda, doing a 2nd gym session of the day - hiit lifting in the AM & slow uphill cardio rn.

Name:	76AD4391-6D78-4FBB-8EE2-28B2362647A1.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	797.8 KB 
ID:	181487

Name:	DA90147E-415D-42A5-B26C-DC7F24DA591D.jpg 
Size:	415.1 KB 
ID:	181488

Not the best back pic - but, eh
    Wow ... well done man..... RESPECT!

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Looking lean brother, nice work. I’d have to say that sweet haircut overshadowed everything else though
    tarmyg and < <Samson> > like this.

Alright, I’m not technically back from the dead.

But….I’m now officially 5 pounds away from my pre cancer weight. I’ll post one up.
    No clue how to pose, I need to hang with Charger or better yet spend more time in the castle with Sil

Probably should drop the chest pubes too, lol

Name:	3B85AFEE-0DAB-4D99-9A74-3580A03DF88C.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	517.2 KB 
ID:	181507

(Mini winter bulk - AKA Christmas cookies, beef tenderloin and basically shoving everything into my pie hole
    < <Samson> >, Chark and Cuz like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Alright, I’m not technically back from the dead.

But….I’m now officially 5 pounds away from my pre cancer weight. I’ll post one up.
    No clue how to pose, I need to hang with Charger or better yet spend more time in the castle with Sil

Probably should drop the chest pubes too, lol

Name:	3B85AFEE-0DAB-4D99-9A74-3580A03DF88C.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	517.2 KB 
ID:	181507

(Mini winter bulk - AKA Christmas cookies, beef tenderloin and basically shoving everything into my pie hole
    Jesus!

Holly f***!

I'm at my target weight & size - which I am A ok with

But, you - wtf?! That's awesome shit man, totally awesome! And, even that seems like an understatement - I mean, I "only" had a brain bleed & have a few cc's of copolymer holding my brain together - Cancer still scares me bud.
    SampsonandDelilah likes this.

Jesus!

Holly f***!

I'm at my target weight & size - which I am A ok with

But, you - wtf?! That's awesome shit man, totally awesome! And, even that seems like an understatement - I mean, I "only" had a brain bleed & have a few cc's of copolymer holding my brain together - Cancer still scares me bud.

Thanks brother! Our shit was almost at the same time if I remember correctly??

“Only”…shit.

Nah, cancer is easy. Is the chemotherapy and radiation that’s fucking scary

Actually that’s not true at all. It’s all fucking scary. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about it.

But hey, life goes on! Right?

Looking good brutha, stay on it!!

(I’ll never forget reading the title to this thread)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SampsonandDelilah View Post
    Thanks brother! Our shit was almost at the same time if I remember correctly??

(I’ll never forget reading the title to this thread)

I'll never forget posting it - "sir, you're experiencing a brain bleed" - you want to notify your family, mostly likely a second one is coming & you don't have much time left < OH WTF did you just say?!!!!

That's when I typed it up - after that, i had no sensory function for quite while, with a strong possibility of it never coming back

Just did some reading on my health board, someone just came out - paralyzed bellow the waist. . . . Yet, I'm over here towing cars all day & turning wrenches in between

Name:	62156348-F8D8-402D-BFD1-598DE976EC97.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	828.1 KB 
ID:	181508

Name:	351AD57C-AEB8-4D90-BC13-5A8B9DCB4EEC.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	696.1 KB 
ID:	181509

This is after a one hour and twenty minute lift session - hour of lifting & 20 mins of cardio. . . I'm incorporating cardio into pretty much every gym, session now

Still lookin like this

Name:	2D3076C3-3F7E-4FAE-8320-D76C934F612A.jpeg 
Size:	354.1 KB 
ID:	181510
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 12-22-2021 at 09:36 PM.
    lovbyts and almostgone like this.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread Information