Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree852Likes

Thread: This Will Be My last Post

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Dude - - - That's exactly how I feel at times - back & fourth

Yeah, for sure - this shit seems beyond bizarre, due to severity & that I lived with it this long and, just lived with the symptoms without even knowing shit - let alone that this POS isn't quite operable, this is why they are solely using embolization < this shit was only perfected within the last 3 years - before, well - they had partials & possible craniotomy < after a cranitiomy, I would be guaranteed to have serious issues - so, talk about some serious shit you can't deny
    The emotional rollercoaster definitely sucks; not only is it mentally draining, but physically it kicks you right square in the nuts as well.

Personally, if it were me, I would continue having discussions with your group. Also, keep a log going and an ongoing list of questions that hit you at random times. One of the things that seemed to help me was hitting my cardiologist, oncologist, and cardiac rehab team with questions I had. It gave me a small slice of sanity, and honestly, if I had a question they didn't have an answer for, I could accept an "I don't know" a LOT better than running possible scenarios through my head on my own. Running possibilities through my head was basically a distraction I didn't need and kept me from focusing on getting better.

Did I still worry? Damn straight.... we're human, it's natural. However, I felt one hell of a lot better when I didn't constantly ponder on what else could go wrong.

Hope that makes sense.
    < <Samson> > likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    The emotional rollercoaster definitely sucks; not only is it mentally draining, but physically it kicks you right square in the nuts as well.

Personally, if it were me, I would continue having discussions with your group. Also, keep a log going and an ongoing list of questions that hit you at random times. One of the things that seemed to help me was hitting my cardiologist, oncologist, and cardiac rehab team with questions I had. It gave me a small slice of sanity, and honestly, if I had a question they didn't have an answer for, I could accept an "I don't know" a LOT better than running possible scenarios through my head on my own. Running possibilities through my head was basically a distraction I didn't need and kept me from focusing on getting better.

Did I still worry? Damn straight.... we're human, it's natural. However, I felt one hell of a lot better when I didn't constantly ponder on what else could go wrong.

Hope that makes sense.
    It also helps to have a family member take notes when talking to the doctors. Lots of details get spoken and overlooked.
    *Admin* and almostgone like this.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It also helps to have a family member take notes when talking to the doctors. Lots of details get spoken and overlooked.
    Yeah, I wish

My wife has never seen or met anyone from the neurology team - thanks to this Corona bull shit

I had her call a few times & speak with the staff - when I was completely out of it

But, it’s been 90% all me in there - getting the info & putting all of this shit together

Wife/Family help me in other ways - so far, my actual mental clarity has been top notch as soon as the procedure was over - easiest way to describe it, is it feels like I took a load/pressure off my brain - fuck, my memory improved

And, I’m kinda glad no one is in there with me - I gotta get through this myself, being close to the wife at times just makes me more emotional + I keep em on face time at least 4-5 hours a day

Blog Entries
    I fucking got cleared, Dude did my angiogram with me awake under a ton of fentanyl

Finally met my neurosurgeon, wow - regular ol’ lookin Mexican guy - killed it on the 1st shot - this seriously just became a possibility a few years ago since my DAVM isn’t exactly operable

I just can’t believe my luck - I just can’t - but, it’s real

Gimme some time - I’ll b back. I wasn’t expecting this

Spoke with my 2nd in command neuro -

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by < > View Post
    I fucking got cleared, Dude did my angiogram with me awake under a ton of fentanyl

Finally met my neurosurgeon, wow - regular ol’ lookin Mexican guy - killed it on the 1st shot - this seriously just became a possibility a few years ago since my DAVM isn’t exactly operable

That is great news!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    < <Samson> > likes this.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Awesome man. I'm super happy for you! I had a good feeling about your outcome.
    Last edited by slfmade; 08-20-2020 at 07:00 PM.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    Forgot to finish my post - I didn’t even think I finished typing that much

My wife got to meet em both too, they gave us a lot of Corona lead way. . . They all say the same thing, I’m no typical case. . . The wife asked how many cases like mine has he seen over his career - he said 50

2nd dude down answered my questions(I recorded the convo) - no other parts, no shunts, coils or lost catheters - just Onyx glue. It will handle both Benzyl Alcohol & Benzyl Benzonate, our common vasodilators(dick pills)are just fine, drinking alcohol is fine(just watch bp) - he answered this last time

Main man was in the OR for 5-10 mins & does talk into a recorder that types the report - and it’s not all of the procedure

2nd down, took on the rest - they kept me awake, I can recall the whole procedure. Nothing’s like seeing your brain flow tested with dye on a 55” tv screen - they did the procedure, like it was nothing - my wrist has a decent cut & the back of my head feels a tad sore on the inside of my scull(where the catheter passed, I’d guess)

But, both confirmed 100% occlusion. . . Current 100% occlusion cases have lasted up to a decade - Barrow Neurological has only pushed up to 5 years - so far

I’m still at a shock that something like this could be handled with today’s technology

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    Great to hear! Now take a day at a time and get to where you want to be!
    < <Samson> > likes this.
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

You must have a high tolerance; I'm the same way. They kept trying for "twilight sedation" with Fentanyl and Dilaudid My ginger genes just laughed.

The report you've posted sounds f-in awesome man. That should make you pretty dang happy. I know I'm happy reading it!!

Also glad your wife was able to interact with you treatment team. That will be good for her!
    < <Samson> > likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Great news you big Russian Bear.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Great news you big Russian Bear.

Ummm, that’s what my wife says

That was a tad weird

Lol

What a year, I swear
    almostgone and GirlyGymRat like this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    All great news!!!
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    Today marks the 6 week anniversary of my “procedure” - one week since the clear Angiogram

Doesn’t feel real at times - until the random aches on my head roll in(very minor ones, but a good reminder) - most of the noise from the left ear is gone, and my head feels the least “off” now

Exactly 6 more weeks till I can lift real people weight. I was thinking of just running back to the gym already, but it’s just not a good idea since I am still only supposed to lift 10 Lbs max

But, considering what happened - 3 months of recovery is A ok with me - def not what I am used to. . . But, apparently I needed the challenge

I’ll just keep lifting these 10’s hundreds of times per day - amazingly enough, I still look the same & haven’t lost any weight - I want to drop a dozen pounds, but I don’t really think right now is good time to do it. . . I rather just maintain

I’ll just keep this thread updated for my own timeline purposes - def, didn’t think I’d get to -

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    In the times we're living, it's great to have some really good news once in a while. Thank God you pulled through man.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    I'm just gonna do weekly updates to this thread to keep track of wtf I have going on with this thing - today marks week 7 since this was completed. I have zero pains - but, carry a odd feeling within the left side of my head about 1" back, but slightly up from the ear - along with shooting momentary pains close to where the hemorrhage happened - it's a bit to manage at times. . . I still go through emotional swings worse than my wife - it's weird for me(especially when you're own wife tells you that you're not being yourself) - but, so far so good enough

I been doing a lot of support group talking & I have only come across a few cases with this shit where someone said they had no deficits at all long term - most report back, lots of headaches, memory problems, attentions problems - and these one lucky enough to be able to be embolized. . . . Others, who had to have either a craniotomy or radiation, report much more severe side effects

Current AVi is me as of today - still retaining at 213 Lbs, trying my best to eat as well as possible. Walking 3 miles 7 days a week + I lift these 10 pound dumbbells all day - prob is my elbows are starting to ache a but from the insane repetition - def feeling a tad softer, but - when my sanity is here, I def understand how insanely lucky I am

+ no shit, I don't know how or have any sort of explanation(not, that I need one) I am horny af, still - ever since I woke up mid rage episode from my brain procedure - I noticed that shit back in ICu, but I had other things to worry about back then. . . I threw in a tiny bit of caber into my self administered TRT mix a week back or so - it makes me not nut for about 2-3x longer than usual - and, I mean daum - even when I'm pissed, shit wakes up on its own & I go as long as I did when I was 20(but, of course I get tired like 40) - I pretty much feel better than I did when I first started roids in the first place - hope it lasts
    almostgone and slfmade like this.

Blog Entries
    Just found this deep in my phone - I was at the gym in February before Corona hell went down. I been feelin kinda sick for a week or so, but finally felt better so I went to the gym - hit it hard af - went to take a piss & this shit starts running out of my nose, felt like a nose bleed - but, this came out. What we have here is spinal fluid from built up pressure in the ol’ cranium - of course I didn’t know. Called the wife - she used to b amazing with her medical shit - but, well - she had no clue what it was. A solid 1/2 of a shot glass+ came out. I just went back to working out

Yeah, that wasn’t normal - there were so many signs that I just couldn’t see or understand leading up to the hemorrhage

I discussed all of this with my 32 year old Billy Bad ass neurosurgeon - he’s like, yup -

Thought I’d add it to this since I found the pic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A7790A7A-2414-405A-8A4C-5677DB19287F.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	673.0 KB 
ID:	179857
    Test Monsterone likes this.

Well, I was going to jack off...
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, pretty cool huh -

So many signs & I didn’t even notice shit - The severe random migraines, the slight loss of peripheral vision in my right eye & so on

Blog Entries
    Today marks exactly two months past the procedure itself - I feel way too good, it's quite odd - I still have a tad(I mean a tad) of discomfort around the inside of my skull where this shit was injected & a little of a drone is still in my left ear - But, that about it - aside from a slight throb in my left temple where I have a much more noticeable artery

I been working in 110+ degree temperatures for days straight - I'm just too happy to see the work come in & to be able to do it - I watch myself very closely. So far, so fucking excellent - no headaches, no dizziness, no nothing - actually I feel better for the most part, I feel like there is an absence of a pressure where the AVM was feeding(same area where my rupture occurred) + no more blurred vision in my right eye

Been talking with quite a few folk in my group, no one & I mean no one has heard of this kind of a recovery post a rupture(hemorrhage stroke). Spoke to few folk that are barely getting to some form of normal after 5+ years of rehabilitation - they all agree, this is close to unheard of

Stopped smoking completely, for 2 weeks I think - I actually forgot I stopped. . . . I know that I can just pick up any day, but - I just rather not

Still drinking alcohol fairly regularly. . . Sleep is still way off, I wake up at 2:30-3:00 am daily, no matter when I go to sleep - so now, I'm out by 7:30-8:00 every night. . . . I feel just fine + I get a free house, since everyone else is dead asleep -

Working like I have & not being able to lift real weight is making me shrink - it hard to look past at times. . . . But, I def feel lighter on my feet - down to 209 Lbs & barely holding it - walking 2.5 miles fasted daily & I haven't hit my 10 pound weights for a bit since I'm so tired from other shit + lifting 10 pounds weights is def getting lame

That about covers the easy part, but feeling different about everything I am still getting used to
    Test Monsterone and tarmyg like this.

Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    love hearing this news my brotha.

keep it going
    < <Samson> > likes this.

bomb_r2 is offline Associate Member
    I was going to ask retarded questions but you already had one stroke no need to give you another. Glad you're doing better and didnt meet your maker . Please be calm this Sunday as NFL begins

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    love hearing this news my brotha.

keep it going
    Right

My friend/ex neighbor now, that really helped me through this texts me yesterday from urgent care - All fucked up, sounds like a nasty ulcer - Guy works hard af & has 2 kids - has no insurance. Paid for a CT - it came back clean. He's taking it on without going to an MD - Asked me what I thought(again, above my pay grade) - that's what I came up with

There's way more - personally, I am sick of hearing shit news

Quote Originally Posted by bomb_r2 View Post
    I was going to ask retarded questions but you already had one stroke no need to give you another.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people

Go for it - shit, I'll answer anything that's worth my effort
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 09-10-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Supposed this winter you catch Corona and die , would you laugh or be pissed after surviving this ordeal

Blog Entries
    Supposed this winter you catch Corona and die , would you laugh or be pissed after surviving this ordeal

I can care less at this point - it's a difference in opinions me & the wife have rn

My wife's sister just passed it. She's native & severely overweight(great lady tho) - If this is meant to claim me, shit - I'm out

I just don't wanna catch it now, I kinda take it pretty personal since I have seen so many medical facilities & still haven't caught it - yet

Well that was the shittiest response
    If hunting pedophiles was like deer hunting would you be worried about hunting out of season ?

Blog Entries
    Almost forgot to add -

I done lifted shit that's way above my limit a few times - lifted a pancake compressor accidentally, then remembered after setting it down - threw it on a scale, it was 32 pounds + I said fuck it a few days ago, jumped down & did like 7-8 or so push ups - body felt fine, the brain hemisphere where this thing is located started to throb just a hair, so I stopped

Pumping away a whole whopping 10 Lbs of iron for almost a month now - before, that it was just empty curls - still keeping up a bit - shit, at least I’m alive & this healthy

Name:	5604B8D4-3FF0-4871-B26F-C75A6F4FF8DD.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	556.1 KB 
ID:	179884
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 09-10-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    Godzilla8 and almostgone like this.

Blog Entries
    Well that was the shittiest response
    If hunting pedophiles was like deer hunting would you be worried about hunting out of season ?

Missed this trash out of my thread -

Like I mentioned, no such thing as stupid questions - just stupid people

Quote Originally Posted by < > View Post
    Almost forgot to add -

I done lifted shit that's way above my limit a few times - lifted a pancake compressor accidentally, then remembered after setting it down - threw it on a scale, it was 32 pounds + I said fuck it a few days ago, jumped down & did like 7-8 or so push ups - body felt fine, the brain hemisphere where this thing is located started to throb just a hair, so I stopped

Pumping away a whole whopping 10 Lbs of iron for almost a month now - before, that it was just empty curls - still keeping up a bit - shit, at least I’m alive & this healthy

Name:	5604B8D4-3FF0-4871-B26F-C75A6F4FF8DD.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	556.1 KB 
ID:	179884
    Damn man. You can’t lift and look at that body- not in a gay way either. You are just fucking remarkable. I will tell you right now.... you look so much fucking better than me and I compete.
    Hats off to you buddy!!

< <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Damn man. You can’t lift and look at that body- not in a gay way either. You are just fucking remarkable. I will tell you right now.... you look so much fucking better than me and I compete.
    Hats off to you buddy!!

Well, thank you - shit

I don't even know bro, every day that I am here & intact I do my fucking best - I lift as much as possible, I work as much as I possibly can - And, when I have down time I do a lot of research for myself or others - people come to me now, like I'm a fucking MD

+ I eat real well, I cook most of the time which the wife can't even believe

Everything I do makes no real sense, but just follows a path - and it works - so far

I was getting ready to get a Ducati 948 just because + my neighbor had a real nice 1,000cc Ninja

Next day, dude gets into an accident on his bike - by no means of his own fault. . . . Throttle stuck on a turn & the bike just took off - I seen this guy do wheelies doing 60 down our street. . . And, this happens

Name:	image4.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	179893

Name:	image5.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	179894

There are the only ones I can put on here, he's covered in distinctive ink
    Ok then, maybe I shouldn't get a bike -

Dude straight goes and buys this thing

Name:	image0 (1).jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1,010.8 KB 
ID:	179895

I said fuck it, I'm getting on this bitch - it's too bad ass to say no to - being a 20k bike & all

First time I take off

Name:	image1 (13).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	179896

Ok - I'm never getting on a bike again . . . . It surely seems like a set of events lead me in that direction

My neighbor - well, he's having some issues - he just don't give a fuck, he's not even supposed to move his shoulder. . . Dude was trying to start lifting the weights I gave him + he's rocking this bike every day - with a fresh steel plate in his shoulder

I look & feel too fucking good to fuck that up - kinda why I still haven't hid the gym. . . I don't really wanna get Corona'd up after being through this many medical felicities - but, we are all slowly starting to go insane here

This morning - I can't even believe what I see when I look at myself considering where I was two months ago

Name:	image0 (2).jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	692.0 KB 
ID:	179897

But, I am taking my self as seriously as possible - I am not falling apart if I can help it. . . My self accountability has never been like this - after my whole ordeal, it just seems like the thing to do

Name:	image0 (3).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	855.8 KB 
ID:	179898
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 09-12-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Looking good man, and pretty decent bp numbers. Good on you for keeping track of everything. What kind of monitor do you use? I use the wrist one nowadays.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Looking good man, and pretty decent bp numbers. Good on you for keeping track of everything. What kind of monitor do you use? I use the wrist one nowadays.

A variety of wrist monitors Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DBC5530C-0E01-40F9-B8FC-8F544BCC4F16.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1,003.6 KB 
ID:	179903

They all seem to b fairly spot on to the large vital machine at the hospitals

But, nothing like a ol’ arterial port - unfortunately that guy left a bit of a bruise(all healed now, like nothing was ever there)

Name:	0D658EE6-55F3-4F55-A7F0-AA9E13A771D9.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	672.2 KB 
ID:	179904

A variety of wrist monitors Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DBC5530C-0E01-40F9-B8FC-8F544BCC4F16.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1,003.6 KB 
ID:	179903

They all seem to b fairly spot on to the large vital machine at the hospitals

But, nothing like a ol’ arterial port - unfortunately that guy left a bit of a bruise(all healed now, like nothing was ever there)

Name:	0D658EE6-55F3-4F55-A7F0-AA9E13A771D9.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	672.2 KB 
ID:	179904
    Ouch that looks painful! I got the Omron wrist bp monitor after my regular one broke. I try to take my bp like 3-4 times a day sometimes, but some days I forget. I've been drinking beet root juice from Whole Foods for a couple of weeks now ( 2-3 cups a day) and my bp was 96/55 the one day. I was like wtf. Seems to be doing something.

I don't have any complaints, and it's much easier to use. I agree that the numbers are pretty spot on, surprisingly.
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Ouch that looks painful! I got the Omron wrist bp monitor after my regular one broke. I try to take my bp like 3-4 times a day sometimes, but some days I forget. I've been drinking beet root juice from Whole Foods for a couple of weeks now ( 2-3 cups a day) and my bp was 96/55 the one day. I was like wtf. Seems to be doing something.

I don't have any complaints, and it's much easier to use. I agree that the numbers are pretty spot on, surprisingly.
    Holy crap . I'm on metoprolol 50mg and my bp is still 150/98

I also take lisinopril and atenolol. I read that for some people, beet root juice was lowering their bp too much even, but those are probably the outliers.

Blog Entries
    I still do beet juice + celery mix on some days

Works well

Nice BP - GL with that
    Test Monsterone likes this.

You are taking 25 mg 2x daily. Correct?

beanpo1e is offline Junior Member

Beta blockers aren't the best blood pressure lowering agents. It's better in general to have several different compounds at lower dosages. I've seen a new study talking about how quarter quad therapy with four agents (ACEi/ARB,Diuretic, Calcium Channel Blocker, and Beta Blocker) that looks promising.

Blog Entries
    Shit, this reminds me - haven’t done one for almost a week. . . I def skip coffee on the days I drink this

Name:	B5C0BC66-3F07-4F00-90A0-0BE6D5AF270A.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	997.3 KB 
ID:	179914
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This Will Be My last Post-475294b3-fe02-4c49-86da-ba4c7ec5dd10.jpg  

Blog Entries
    This is after a 2.5 mile walk & half of the coffee cup of beet juice & celery blended

Name:	E4D894A0-0373-47AD-9EAE-D6B91C6092B7.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	847.3 KB 
ID:	179916
    Test Monsterone and lovbyts like this.

beanpo1e is offline Junior Member
    How do those two taste together?

Thread Information