Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread: 40 times

JJEB2 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefootball4
    nope i wouldnt, all of my guys call and wanted to be time again so we bought them back in at 345pm done a short 10min warmup and they all ran 4.4's this time. i really think its the field and wind our field is very soft.
    so did u run it on a different surface the second time?

buckeyefootball4 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJEB2
    so did u run it on a different surface the second time?

yes we did, my guys said they felt great this morning havent felt this good in about 3 weeks.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    so u ran this am and then tested them again at 345 today?

so u ran this am and then tested them again at 345 today?

yes, it take forever for them to really get strecth out

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewA...0&ATCLID=66997

can u tell which way the field is?? suppose to be 99 20%chance of rain winds 14mph sse.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    http://www.unt.edu/pais/map/campusmap.htm
    by this map it runs nw to se. its diagonal. so if ur expecting se winds that it will either be wind aided or into the wind which can help or hurt. they will also make note of that to some extent.

http://www.unt.edu/pais/map/campusmap.htm
    by this map it runs nw to se. its diagonal. so if ur expecting se winds that it will either be wind aided or into the wind which can help or hurt. they will also make note of that to some extent.

KOOL, today is going to be light and short warmup and bp work. rest of week REST and recovery methods like we have been during since last fri. this one should be fun suppose to 102 now shouldnt have problem with keeping warm
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-06-2006 at 09:21 AM.

today ended up being a heavy bp day -lol, bc the guys felt really good so we pretty much worked up to a 1rm max somewhat. almost everyone bump up 50-60lbs. also what did you eat the morning of the workout and did you take any bars or gatorade with you??
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-06-2006 at 07:42 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    today ended up being a heavy bp day -lol, bc the guys felt really good so we pretty much worked up to a 1rm max somewhat. almost everyone bump up 50-60lbs. also what did you eat the morning of the workout and did you take any bars or gatorade with you??
    i ate an omlette, some fruits, some oatmeal. then i ate a meal around 1030 of chicken and rice. i brought water and 2 protein bars. i would recommend brining more bars and def some gatorade so there is no cramping. i started to cramp at the end and i ate fruits and was well hydrated.

i ate an omlette, some fruits, some oatmeal. then i ate a meal around 1030 of chicken and rice. i brought water and 2 protein bars. i would recommend brining more bars and def some gatorade so there is no cramping. i started to cramp at the end and i ate fruits and was well hydrated.
    damn, we probably get back late sun ill let you know how things go - really think good things will happen for them.
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-06-2006 at 08:18 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    damn, we probably get back late sun ill let you know how things go - really think good things will happen for them.
    i wish all ur guys the best bro. definately would be nice to go up against them in some one on ones at indy. good luck and god bless

i wish all ur guys the best bro. definately would be nice to go up against them in some one on ones at indy. good luck and god bless

when are you leaving for indy and who are you rooming with, maybe i can hook you up with one of my guys if they make or decide to go?

JJEB2 is offline Member
    when are you leaving for indy and who are you rooming with, maybe i can hook you up with one of my guys if they make or decide to go?
    its two days. we arrive on the 16th and have to check in at the official indianpolis regency hyatt. we stay 16-18. i dont know if we are rooming with anyone or not. they didnt even mention that but i am up for anything. but we only have to stay in for 2 nighst for 102 a night and the other nights u decide to stay are prob reg pricing.

its two days. we arrive on the 16th and have to check in at the official indianpolis regency hyatt. we stay 16-18. i dont know if we are rooming with anyone or not. they didnt even mention that but i am up for anything. but we only have to stay in for 2 nighst for 102 a night and the other nights u decide to stay are prob reg pricing.

102 per night damn why so much they should look at most guys will need plane tickets rental car and food etc - thats a lot for most guys. we are getting 2 nights for 91 at a nice place in denton.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    102 per night damn why so much they should look at most guys will need plane tickets rental car and food etc - thats a lot for most guys. we are getting 2 nights for 91 at a nice place in denton.
    i think its a 4 star and its right across like literally right across from the rca dome so a rental car prob isnt needed. plane ticks for me are gonna be 300 and its only a 2 hr flight

i think its a 4 star and its right across like literally right across from the rca dome so a rental car prob isnt needed. plane ticks for me are gonna be 300 and its only a 2 hr flight
    u gonna cab from the airport, my guys get free tickets -lol. r u flying in thur night or fri morning.
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-06-2006 at 10:04 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    u gonna cab from the airport, my guys get free tickets -lol. r u flying in thur night or fri morning.
    how they get free tickets. thats a ****in deal. i am flying in friday. here is all the info and itinerary.

Congratulations! Your spot in the 2006 SC Elite Combine is now confirmed.

Your next step is to make your two night hotel reservation at the SC Elite Headquarters hotel, the Hyatt Regency. The Hyatt Regency is located in downtown Indianapolis across from the RCA Dome. All participants are required to stay at the Hyatt on Friday night, June 16 and Saturday night June 17.

Please click the link below (or copy and paste it into your browser's address bar) to make your SC ELITE hotel reservations online:
    https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do...&eventID=24639

If you prefer to make your reservations by phone, call (888) 421-1442 and mention "Scout Camp" to get the special discounted rate of $102 per night.

----------------------------------------------
    SC Elite Headquarters
    Hyatt Regency
    One South Capitol Avenue
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    (888) 421-1442
    Scout Camp Room Rate: $102.00 (plus tax)

Listed below is a basic itinerary of events on Friday night and Saturday. Please plan your travel so that you arrive at the Hyatt Regency in time for the 6:30 PM meeting on Friday night, June 16.

Please be aware that the RCA Dome has a FieldTurf surface. Please bring proper footwear for FieldTurf. I would recommend you bring a running shoe and a football cleat. Track spikes will not be permitted.

You are encouraged to bring your own drinks and non-perishable snacks to have during your break on Saturday between physical tests and position drills. You will be required to stay in an RCA Dome lounge during the break.

Also, a reminder that NO SPECTATORS will be permitted inside the RCA Dome.

Congratulations again and we look forward to seeing you in Indianapolis. Please contact us with any questions.

Creig Federico
    National Director

SC Elite Itinerary (Subject to Change)

Friday, June 16, 2006
    -----------------------------------
    9:00 am - 6:15 pm - Player arrival at Hyatt / Taped Interviews

6:30 pm - 6:45 pm - Player Meeting - Hyatt Regency

6:50 pm - 9:30 pm - Player Weigh-In - Hyatt Regency

Saturday, June 17, 2006
    ----------------------------------------
    Physical testing includes: Warm-up, 40 yard dash, 3 Cone Drill and Broad Jump

Group 1 - Punters/Kickers/Long Snappers

7:00 am - 8:30 am On-Field Testing (no 40, 3 cone or broad jump)

Group 2 - Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers and Tight Ends

8:00am - 10:45am Physical Tests
    10:45am - 12:00pm Break
    12:00pm - 2:30pm Position/1-on-1 Drills

Group 3 - Defensive Backs

9:00am - 11:30am Physical Tests
    11:30am - 12:30pm Break
    12:30pm - 2:30pm Position/1-on-1 Drills

Group 4 - Running Backs

10:00am - 12:15pm Physical Tests
    12:15pm - 2:00pm Break
    2:00pm - 4:30pm Position/1-on-1 Drills

Group 5 - Linebackers and Tight Ends

10:30am - 1:00pm Physical Tests
    1:00pm - 2:30pm Break
    2:30pm - 4:30pm Position/1-on-1 Drills

Group 6 - Offensive and Defensive Linemen

11:30am - 2:00pm Physical Tests
    2:00pm - 4:00pm Break
    4:00pm - 5:45pm Position/1-on-1 Drills

All Players

6:45pm - 7:00pm Player Exit Meeting - Hyatt Regency
    7:00pm - 8:30pm Individual Player Interviews (by team request only) - Hyatt Regency

how they get free tickets. thats a ****in deal. i am flying in friday. here is all the info and itinerary.

Congratulations! Your spot in the 2006 SC Elite Combine is now confirmed.

Your next step is to make your two night hotel reservation at the SC Elite Headquarters hotel, the Hyatt Regency. The Hyatt Regency is located in downtown Indianapolis across from the RCA Dome. All participants are required to stay at the Hyatt on Friday night, June 16 and Saturday night June 17.

Please click the link below (or copy and paste it into your browser's address bar) to make your SC ELITE hotel reservations online:
    https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do...&eventID=24639

If you prefer to make your reservations by phone, call (888) 421-1442 and mention "Scout Camp" to get the special discounted rate of $102 per night.

SC Elite Headquarters
    Hyatt Regency
    One South Capitol Avenue
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    (888) 421-1442
    Scout Camp Room Rate: $102.00 (plus tax)

Listed below is a basic itinerary of events on Friday night and Saturday. Please plan your travel so that you arrive at the Hyatt Regency in time for the 6:30 PM meeting on Friday night, June 16.

Please be aware that the RCA Dome has a FieldTurf surface. Please bring proper footwear for FieldTurf. I would recommend you bring a running shoe and a football cleat. Track spikes will not be permitted.

You are encouraged to bring your own drinks and non-perishable snacks to have during your break on Saturday between physical tests and position drills. You will be required to stay in an RCA Dome lounge during the break.

Also, a reminder that NO SPECTATORS will be permitted inside the RCA Dome.

Congratulations again and we look forward to seeing you in Indianapolis. Please contact us with any questions.

Creig Federico
    National Director

SC Elite Itinerary (Subject to Change)

Friday, June 16, 2006
    -----------------------------------
    9:00 am - 6:15 pm - Player arrival at Hyatt / Taped Interviews

6:30 pm - 6:45 pm - Player Meeting - Hyatt Regency

6:50 pm - 9:30 pm - Player Weigh-In - Hyatt Regency

Saturday, June 17, 2006
    ----------------------------------------
    Physical testing includes: Warm-up, 40 yard dash, 3 Cone Drill and Broad Jump

Group 1 - Punters/Kickers/Long Snappers

7:00 am - 8:30 am On-Field Testing (no 40, 3 cone or broad jump)

Group 2 - Quarterbacks, Wide Receivers and Tight Ends

8:00am - 10:45am Physical Tests
    10:45am - 12:00pm Break
    12:00pm - 2:30pm Position/1-on-1 Drills

Group 3 - Defensive Backs

9:00am - 11:30am Physical Tests
    11:30am - 12:30pm Break
    12:30pm - 2:30pm Position/1-on-1 Drills

Group 4 - Running Backs

10:00am - 12:15pm Physical Tests
    12:15pm - 2:00pm Break
    2:00pm - 4:30pm Position/1-on-1 Drills

Group 5 - Linebackers and Tight Ends

10:30am - 1:00pm Physical Tests
    1:00pm - 2:30pm Break
    2:30pm - 4:30pm Position/1-on-1 Drills

Group 6 - Offensive and Defensive Linemen

11:30am - 2:00pm Physical Tests
    2:00pm - 4:00pm Break
    4:00pm - 5:45pm Position/1-on-1 Drills

All Players

6:45pm - 7:00pm Player Exit Meeting - Hyatt Regency
    7:00pm - 8:30pm Individual Player Interviews (by team request only) - Hyatt Regency

shit they should provide you guys with food. u can wear the spikes. the sad thing is teams will only interview a couple of guys thats sad bc its not gonna be 300 guys there and i think that all guys should be given the chance to talk. also just spoke to brad he said anyone can be ur rommate friends, family etc so i may tell them to bring there parents or gf if they need help with the hotel cost bc are gonna be there for at least three nights.

i have a question whats the point of going if everyone cant talk to the scouts etc, just to perform the test agian or what??
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-07-2006 at 08:59 AM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    shit they should provide you guys with food. u can wear the spikes. the sad thing is teams will only interview a couple of guys thats sad bc its not gonna be 300 guys there and i think that all guys should be given the chance to talk. also just spoke to brad he said anyone can be ur rommate friends, family etc so i may tell them to bring there parents or gf if they need help with the hotel cost bc are gonna be there for at least three nights.

i have a question whats the point of going if everyone cant talk to the scouts etc, just to perform the test agian or what??
    its a business, they are trying to make their money. i agree with why they dont speak with everyone. funny thing is alot of guys will get overlooked. but then again u would know better than most with ur uncle being a scout they are very good at what they do and they know who can move, run and things of that nature. i most likely will get snubbed into talking to teams bc i am undersized but i am just gonna go out there and do my best.

its a business, they are trying to make their money. i agree with why they dont speak with everyone. funny thing is alot of guys will get overlooked. but then again u would know better than most with ur uncle being a scout they are very good at what they do and they know who can move, run and things of that nature. i most likely will get snubbed into talking to teams bc i am undersized but i am just gonna go out there and do my best.

yep like i told my guys if any of them run 4.3's my uncle will bring them in, so they may go to the elite or may not. scout camp isnt making money from this one bc you guys are only paying for ticket and room.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i got offered to do semi pro last night at the gym with a pretty good team i guess nationally ranked. you think i should just go and get my football skills sharpened or just lift, lift, run, run. this could be an oppurtunity to get some film.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    yep like i told my guys if any of them run 4.3's my uncle will bring them in, so they may go to the elite or may not. scout camp isnt making money from this one bc you guys are only paying for ticket and room.
    how about if i come down and runa 4.5 on the track? hahha can i get a shot as well

how about if i come down and runa 4.5 on the track? hahha can i get a shot as well

maybe 4.4 hahah

JJEB2 is offline Member
    maybe 4.4 hahah
    track spikes and a track, no wind and a sunny day i can hit a 4.4.

track spikes and a track, no wind and a sunny day i can hit a 4.4.

well u should be able to do it in indy bc theres no wind and u said the track is fast.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    well u should be able to do it in indy bc theres no wind and u said the track is fast.
    if i can get that start down then i will. my start has declined every week. also need to pull off a 2 20-40.

my guys are some amp i have to keep them down esp after yesterday workout.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    i just made reservations it was 204 with 15% tax so it came to 235-240.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    they dont serve a continental breakfast but there is a restuarant at this joint.

i just made reservations it was 204 with 15% tax so it came to 235-240.

kool, i dont think my guys will be going spoke to my uncle about it - just not really worth it. everybody case is diff but we will most def attend the dallas one. are you gonna be disappointed if u never make it and be damn i wasted all that damn money lol?
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-08-2006 at 09:51 AM.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    I dunno if it's sport specific and you need to take in account your 10,20,and 30 yard times, but the 40 yd dash is sheer acceleration, there is NO top end speed involved. So I don't why focus on these distances in training..maybe you could make it clear for me? You would get much faster times running sets of 40 and 60m in training.

Quote Originally Posted by TestTubeBaby
    I dunno if it's sport specific and you need to take in account your 10,20,and 30 yard times, but the 40 yd dash is sheer acceleration, there is NO top end speed involved. So I don't why focus on these distances in training..maybe you could make it clear for me? You would get much faster times running sets of 40 and 60m in training.

if you say the 40 is all acc why would you do 40 and 60?

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    Okay, there is only 60m of true acceleration and the rest of a 100m race is executed on holding that speed, you do this through technique and relaxation. So!,40s and 60s do just that, help your acceleration! Running 60s at a 100% makes SURE you have that acceleration and gas in the tank.(For a 40 yd dash.) Comparative to a 100m sprinter, who would run alot of 200s and 250s ensure he has that gas in the tank for the 100m! So, back to my original question..

JJEB2 is offline Member
    LMK how ur guys did buckeye

LMK how ur guys did buckeye

from what my guys told me horrible!!!!

im gonna give each there 200 dollars back, its my fault simple **** up.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    im gonna give each there 200 dollars back, its my fault simple **** up.
    from when they began with u did they improve? i personally dont think its totally ur fault based upon the numbers they were getting in training. what do u think you did wrong?

from when they began with u did they improve? i personally dont think its totally ur fault based upon the numbers they were getting in training. what do u think you did wrong?

oh no not that, they didnt even have cleats, i didnt even see the fine prints where combine.com said field turf they would have never went there if it was field turf - uknow that why. there shuttles and 40 were shitty. i should have caught that i even went to the school web page and it showed art turf
    Last edited by buckeyefootball4; 06-11-2006 at 05:51 PM.

JJEB2 is offline Member
    oh no not that, they didnt even have cleats, i didnt even see the fine prints where combine.com said field turf they would have never went there if it was field turf - uknow that why. there shuttles and 40 were shitty. i should have caught that i even went to the school web page and it showed art turf but i just it was field turf.
    damn i thought u knew that.

damn i thought u knew that.

field turf is like running on sand

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Thread Information