Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    so lisa and myself had a few tonight, and she decided to say couch because we chucked my couch into my "old apartment" backyard pond which was definately the highlight of my week...maybe the highlight of me month. she is AS-mazing...she may not think so, but she is... i'll holla tomorrow.

mother ****er... it started pouring readlly hard tonight mother ****er.

jstanier is offline Junior Member
    Hey nova, just thought I'd say you're looking great man - and great progress too! Will be keeping an eye on you!

thanks jstanier, again thanks for the kind words. and i will have only 4 weeks left on monday.

ownage for anyone named kyle?!

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    thanks jstanier, again thanks for the kind words. and i will have only 4 weeks left on monday.

ownage for anyone named kyle?!
    Yeah... I like that. LOL

1buffsob

Katelette81 is offline Female Member
    Hey Nova... quick question for you. I know that when cutting theres a tendency to lose some strength, is this something you experienced, and if so how did you handle it... ie. did you lift the same weight but drop reps, or vice versa...?

Thanks... And whats up with Lisa? Two dates and already she's stayin over? Ooohhh... LOL, just foolin with ya.. I know she was avoiding a DUI.

wolfstriked is offline Associate Member
    Congrats on the new GF Nova....seems you found some goodness in life.That should help keep you motivated

Quote Originally Posted by Katelette81
    Hey Nova... quick question for you. I know that when cutting theres a tendency to lose some strength, is this something you experienced, and if so how did you handle it... ie. did you lift the same weight but drop reps, or vice versa...?

Thanks... And whats up with Lisa? Two dates and already she's stayin over? Ooohhh... LOL, just foolin with ya.. I know she was avoiding a DUI.

haha, she's not my girl. i don't know what to think about the situation at this moment. but i haven't been able to keep a training schedule due to my work taking up my availability to the lifting facilities. so strength loss is blind at this point. i train with a 100lb barbell and i can still do things i could before. so i'm assuming some strength is gone but not much. we'll see in a couple months when i bulk and have the ability to train again.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfstriked
    Congrats on the new GF Nova....seems you found some goodness in life.That should help keep you motivated
    she's not my gf. but we have been hangin' a lot lately. goodness... not sure about that one.

goodness will be the day i can carry around a coffee mug before am cardio that says "world's best dad"

Katelette81 is offline Female Member
    goodness will be the day i can carry around a coffee mug before am cardio that says "world's best dad"

Interesting.. I didn't think guys were capable of this type of thinking... that's cool though.

Good luck on the last 4 weeks Dude.. though I don't think you need it... nice work!!! And thanks for the strength loss update..

no prob girl. i really wish i could get to the gym more often, but with my work/scholarship i can't so i have been hoping that my fullbody training w/ my barbell will suffice. last 4 weeks are going to be rough. carb up day at the 2 week mark and ZERO cheating with a whole lot of cardio. thank you again, for the motivation and the kind words.

hour of cardio this morning... check.

starting to like the diet... ok not really

jstanier is offline Junior Member
    hour of cardio this morning... check.

starting to like the diet... ok not really
    Doooooo it!

time to go chill at the pool! buff i have a questiopn for you. i will holla after i get some kind of tan going

Holla brotha.

1buffsob

how hard can i go with these anti-catabolic supps in regards to cardio? i am sticking to a light jog now in the am instead of walking fast. isn't gonna do any damage is it if i push myself a little harder than normal right?

how hard can i go with these anti-catabolic supps in regards to cardio? i am sticking to a light jog now in the am instead of walking fast. isn't gonna do any damage is it if i push myself a little harder than normal right?
    Those supplements will only help so much. With your kcal deficit, low bf %, inability to properly train (for the moment anyhow), you need to be very careful about going overboard on the cardio. Stick to what you have been doing, and don't go any harder/longer. Jogging is pushing it.

1buffsob

ok. so i will keep my heart rate around 120-125. i will super light jog for 15 mins and then walk for the remainder of my cardio to finish up my last few weeks.

Sounds good bro. When can we expect the next weigh-in, measurements, pics, etc.?

1buffsob

pics will have to be next weekend. measurements and weigh in will occur then too. sorry, but my sis has teh camera, so when i go home is when i get it all taken care of. no scale, measuring tape, and no camera here in Indian Apples. but updates will be in order

oh and as seen in my first post...

i am definately much cooler now.

O W N A G E !

30 mins of cardio... check.

watching fight club tonight for sure.... the both of us (me and tyler).

also when i bulk... i am going to eat around 4000 cals every day. which will be easily far above my maintanence, my question is... is it cool to do cardio 4days a week in the am on empty while bulking like that? i know cardio keeps fat gain down and that is my plan entirely. i want to gain around 10 lbs of lean mass from the end of august until february. i don't want this to be a rigid goal because i think that rigid goals hold people back. i want to gain as much size as possible in that time frame with 10 lbs being a milestone rather than a "goal" i want to eat a whole lot more than i did last time, but i realized that i started to put on fat around week 10. this will be 24weeks of bulk and i want to keep fat gain to a minimum, but not eliminate it entirely. i think my cardio haibts of today will help me with gains in the future, but just wondering how much is too much when bulking? my calorie total should be around 3200 when bulking and i will be easily 800 over that daily. any input would be rather fan(effing)tastic.

also when i bulk... i am going to eat around 4000 cals every day. which will be easily far above my maintanence, my question is... is it cool to do cardio 4days a week in the am on empty while bulking like that? i know cardio keeps fat gain down and that is my plan entirely. i want to gain around 10 lbs of lean mass from the end of august until february. i don't want this to be a rigid goal because i think that rigid goals hold people back. i want to gain as much size as possible in that time frame with 10 lbs being a milestone rather than a "goal" i want to eat a whole lot more than i did last time, but i realized that i started to put on fat around week 10. this will be 24weeks of bulk and i want to keep fat gain to a minimum, but not eliminate it entirely. i think my cardio haibts of today will help me with gains in the future, but just wondering how much is too much when bulking? my calorie total should be around 3200 when bulking and i will be easily 800 over that daily. any input would be rather fan(effing)tastic.
    I feel the light cardio in the am will allow you to eat more (feed more muscle) without putting on more fat. I'm a firm believer in lean bulks for the part time BB. 4 days cardio sounds good bro.

1buffsob

ok. so i am definately going to be working on a solid diet in july and proposing it shortly after i figure out totals and such. i also already have planned (i think) 16 weeks of bulk-style workout routines for me. i don't want to post those and worry about those yet. i like to concentrate on the now, and worry about what lies ahead lateron. in any case, i am definately cooler than the other side of the pillow.

time to "try" and hit the sack to get up at 4:30 and do the cardio...i'll holla.

45 minutes of cardio this morning felt A-mazing. i have noticed i have more energy lately...which is a plus. i also grabbed my 100lb barbell and i noticed i could still curl it 12 or so times which would mean i haven't lost any strength in that area. i think all the carbs i am eating is the reason for my strength balance. well, time to get ready to help all the kiddies! oh and i kick an abundance of ass for anyone wondering. hehe

BUFF!!!

i have a lunch card now that i could get 8 dollars of free food on during work...too bad its nachos, pizza, yogurt, pudding, subs, and salads. i have been bringing my lunch and i am wondering... could i get grilled chicken on just lettuce and use no dressing or anything except vinager, banana peppers and jalepeno peppers if that would be ok?

BUFF!!!

i have a lunch card now that i could get 8 dollars of free food on during work...too bad its nachos, pizza, yogurt, pudding, subs, and salads. i have been bringing my lunch and i am wondering... could i get grilled chicken on just lettuce and use no dressing or anything except vinager, banana peppers and jalepeno peppers if that would be ok?
    That should be fine Nova. Just make sure you bring your carb source with you. And also, watch the portion size. It's ok to doggy bag 1/2 a chicken breast, albeit..... not very manly.

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    That should be fine Nova. Just make sure you bring your carb source with you. And also, watch the portion size. It's ok to doggy bag 1/2 a chicken breast, albeit..... not very manly.

1buffsob
    oh man, there isn't much chicken involved. proally just 1 breast, so i'm good to go in that aspect. i will eat my carb source, and i did do that today. i normally wouldn't do this but for at least 2 weeks this for one meal won't matter at all since it is romaine lettuce and grilled chicken breast. and the breat is actually grilled there and is fresh daily. i checked the nutritional info out and there is actually less fat in the chicken than the ones i cook! thanks for your response. i don't want to let this money they are basically handing me to go to waste and it isn't steering away from my diet in any way!

for free money/food and being lean.

great day today. no cardio this evening seeing as i have a lot of work to do for 2morrow. but i will be up at 4:40 again to do cardio. thanks all.

5-10 minutes of fast walking and 35 mins of a light jog this morning. getting to sleep at night is getting easier and easier. waking up isn't too bad, i just have top get up and put my contacts in and piss and i'm good to go!

35 mins of cardio this evening. feeling good and getting leaner still. seeing more vascularity too. 3 weeks left after this weekend. and it looks like i will have gym access in july (85% sure). so i will be bulking late july through mid february if i can.

45 mins of cardio this morning under my belt. and i'm ready for my day of work...again. i can't wait for this weekend. lil sis' sweet 16 and i get to chill w/ my parents. i like to relax and just hang every once in a while. and oh yeah, my social life is suffering pretty huge, since i'm hittin' the sack so early...but honestly... i don't care.

slimsc is offline Junior Member
    hey nova,
    thanks for keeping the log... i am working on getting lean, and just added 45 mins of cardio every evening...

slimsc, thanks for readin' the log. yeah i know i update a lot and some may be seen as pointless to some, but it keeps me on track and a few have said that they draw motivation fro me and/or my log so i keep them posted. as for you adding cardio for 45mins in the evening...just make sure you aren't burning yourself out. every morning for 45mins on empty would be plenty, and you could then later add a couple 30min sessions throughout the week. i take it you are cutting, so good luck

half-hour of cardio in the books. no evening cardio 2morrow and i think i am going to bulk for 28wks. there may be some fat gain...but i can cut for sure (knowing that now) so i am going to bulk for the long haul and see how much i can gain from a huge long bulk. my last one was almost 10 weeks. so this will be a big step for me. i am looking forward to it. i might even stretch it to 30 weeks, but we'll see. FOOD TIME!

half-hour of cardio in the books. no evening cardio 2morrow and i think i am going to bulk for 28wks. there may be some fat gain...but i can cut for sure (knowing that now) so i am going to bulk for the long haul and see how much i can gain from a huge long bulk. my last one was almost 10 weeks. so this will be a big step for me. i am looking forward to it. i might even stretch it to 30 weeks, but we'll see. FOOD TIME!
    LMFAO!!! You'll find out why 4 months into it.

1buffsob

well now u have me curious as hell. wanna share with me "pre-me-finding-out" why u think that is so funny.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information