Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    BTW, Nova. I thought you would find this particular thread interesting. Specifically the "Diet" part.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=243772

1buffsob
    effing sweet read man. i also talked/did morning cardio with my hometown hospital administrator last weekend (Big Lean motherf***er) and he is cutting and he always has done the same kind of thing. i'm loving the energy from my diet, but when i get fatigued during my day if i'm active all day, i get the lightheadedness kinda bad. that is the only thing i could do without.... oh and the need to be full

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Oats, granola, wheat pancakes, etc. Whatever you like that's low glycemic. Try not to go over 80g carbs in any one meal, take a couple doses chromium throughout the day, and make sure fat is minimal.

Enjoy it bro.

1buffsob

that's pretty much what i was going to do. i was thinking about adding oats to that list. i already take those couple of chromium doses and i will probably take ALA at least twice on that load day. i'll go no higher than 75g of carbs per meal. ok so i'm already counting down teh days until next saturday!!!

Motion is offline Associate Member
    How many doses of chromium do you guys take? Size wise?

i use chromium picolinate. 400mcg in an afternoon dose and in a PWo dose. so 2 daily doses of 400mcg in each dose.

great chest/tri/shoulder workout this evening. my body needed a day off from cardio, i am so exhausted from work/diet/training that i figured a rest would do me good. hitting it at 5:30 in the a.m. though!

good cardio this morning. fat loss is beginning in other places i can tell. my shoulders are getting more striations and i am starting to be able to see some hamstring/quad seperation. calves are looking more defined (i knew i had good gastrocs but now they look much nicer). obliques and such are popping more. overall progress is still slow yet steady!

another cardio session in the books. feeling great and it is SO DAMN HUMID outside that i sweat profucely during my "power walk" hehe. it feels so good to sweat your @ss off sometimes.

on a sort of "bad note" i wasn't able to eat one of my meals today so i went a little longer than my normal 2.5-3 hrs between meals. i suppose i was just a little more fasted for my cardio and that is in turn why i decided not to jog at all. other than that i am now bored as balls and still pirating internet off of an unknown source

almost (not even) 3 weeks into this diet and i'm leaner than i've ever been with this muscle mass. no size loss other than the water which was almost immediate. thank you to all. 7 weeks to go on monday. i may actually shorten my cut due to the results and i am figuring in about 6 weeks i will be as lean as i want to get without sacrificing any mass.

morning cardio... CHECK

LEG DAY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    almost (not even) 3 weeks into this diet and i'm leaner than i've ever been with this muscle mass. no size loss other than the water which was almost immediate. thank you to all. 7 weeks to go on monday. i may actually shorten my cut due to the results and i am figuring in about 6 weeks i will be as lean as i want to get without sacrificing any mass.
    Great to hear bro.

1buffsob

thanks buff.
    gym was closed this evening because of carb day for the 500. it's going to be a crazy ass weekend..... can't guarantee i won't get shnouzed at some point. but i'm not worried about that, i'm worried about me not being able to control my hunger if i do get shithoused. i'll holla.

Project is offline Associate Member
    Good stuff, Nova. Keep it up. By the way, I drank for the first time on my cutter last night and thought I was dying this morning. Just something to consider.

haha oh it was a crazy weekend, but i did cardio every morning anyway, regardless on how i felt. i am on break at work right now and i haven't been able to steal internet at my apt lately. progress is still steady yet slow, which is optimal in regards to fat loss. i am still sticking the diet and doing cardio every morning as well os in the evenings a few evenings. 45 mins am, and 30 mins pm. feeling really good all teh time and the lightheadedness is going away with time. loving the results so far. i got a lot of compliments this weekend because i had my shirt off all teh time because of the weather. i'll be back with an update as soon as i can. -nOva

Awesome bro. When's the next update with pics/weight/measurements/etc?

1buffsob

i will hopefully update on sunday with pics. maybe some better light????
    i still don't have internet service but i will be back up and running (hopefully) after this weekend. results are still coming. when u flex my abs upwards i can see some veins and extra definition in my lower abs. i will give measurements as well.

everything is running smooth, just got done with A 50 minute cardio session. the athletic trainer where i went to high school is willing to pay me for helping me slim him down. that will also be extra incentive to perform well with my diet and exercise plan. i REALLY am getting anxious to bulk up. i cannot wait to hit the weights this fall!

pics tomorrow, by the way, for anyone still following this thread.

You know I am.

1buffsob

buff, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find time to hit the gym. i have fallen into an income problem and don't think i can shell out to join a gym until the fall when i will be able to use the school's facilities again. i have a 100lb barbell in my apt but no bench or anything else. how important is hitting the gym hard going to be for me in these last 6 weeks? i don't have a problem getting cardio and diet done, but training is a serious chore. can you give me some input on this. always appreciate your help and motivation.

Lifting will help to keep your muscle when cutting, so it's pretty important. Do what you can to get to the gym. The only other alternative you would have, is to grab that 100lb barbell and get real creative. It's far from optimal, but it's better than not working out.

1buffsob

i have been doing circuits of military press, close stance squats with my heels elevated and rows. i have yet to find a way to incorporate bench press so i do pushups like crazy on those days as well. i know it isn't the best, but i suppose it will have to do for a few weeks.

anything else that would help me keep my muscle other than food, ECA (long-term), cortisol blockers, and aminos?

ownage,... because i am almost at the 4 week mark and this has been quite a journey for me thusfar. my first real cutter.

40 minutes of low intensity cardio this morning before church. i will be using my parents home gym today for a workout since access to any other facility is again, out of the question.

p.s. i love the movie Mr. & Mrs. Smith

oh, pics this afternoon.

Righteous.

Have you grown some lats yet?
    J/K. LOL
    But seriously

1buffsob

my bulk this fall/winter should prove to be my biggest growth progress ever. lats will hopefully grow along with my chest and well....everything else. i have some lats but only when i flex a certain way. obviously lats are my utmost weakest of points in regards to mass.

measurements of after almost 4 weeks after the diet are...
    weight 179
    biceps- in between 15.75-16 in.
    thigh about at ball level- 23.5 in
    thigh about 2 in. above knees- 20.5 in
    waist- a little less than 30 in. !!!

so this is working very very well. i am losing a tad bit of size but it is definately minimal in regards to the amount of fat i believe i have shed. the weight loss i can accredit some to water weight (maybe around 4 pounds). in any case here are the pics.

and thank you everyone for the support. now in my next 6 weeks the struggle will begin to become more difficult when i try to spare as much muscle mass as possible, while trying to rip a little more fat off.

pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nOva's cutting log-000_0276.jpg   nOva's cutting log-000_0280.jpg   nOva's cutting log-000_0278_1_.jpg   nOva's cutting log-000_0279_1_.jpg   nOva's cutting log-000_0281_1_.jpg  

wolfstriked is offline Associate Member
    You go Nova!!!

What determination you have.If I got as lean as you are now I would bulk bulk bulk Yet you will march on and shred!!

Your back development looks really good too even tho theres no lats yet.But the back double bicep shot looks really developed considering.

Incredible progress brother.

I don't think you should go much longer cutting. Maybe 3-4 more weeks max. After that, you'll be in prime condition to bulk.

1buffsob

i won't have access to a weight training facility until august. buff, i will head your advice and only cut for 4 more weeks. what should i do for the 4 weeks after that though, i am at sort of a stale mate with the facility problem...?

turns out i might be able to volunteer at NIFS (national institue of fitness and sports) and receive a free membership if i volunteer 16 hours a month during the summer. if this is actually true, i will start this weekend and begin a bulk in 5 weeks from monday. fingers are crossed.

IronAdam is offline Member
    Look'n good nova...your kicking ass dude! BTW Go White SOX!

haha the sox trash can is from my parents' place. thanks for the postive comments man.

anyone have any motivational quotes? getting up at 5 is hard. i'm doing it, but some motivation from my brothers would help i'm sure. going to sleep at 9 is rough too...

thanks to anyone (and i mean anyone) who wants to respond.

IronAdam is offline Member
    The heights by great men reached and kept were not obtained by sudden flight.
    But they, while their companions slept,
    were toiling upward in the night.
    - Thomas S. Monson

anyone have any motivational quotes? getting up at 5 is hard. i'm doing it, but some motivation from my brothers would help i'm sure. going to sleep at 9 is rough too...

thanks to anyone (and i mean anyone) who wants to respond.
    ON THE ROAD TO DESTINY
    DO NOT WAVER

Or

Get your motherfvcking ass up to do cardio or Kyle is gonna bust your gatdamn knee caps.

There........ that ought to do it.

1buffsob

i can't believe you owned me...

thanks for the responses. it isn't as hard as i may have made it seem, but i just love inspirational quotes and things. i will be getting up...

i can't believe you owned me...

thanks for the responses. it isn't as hard as i may have made it seem, but i just love inspirational quotes and things. i will be getting up...
    Shut up you skinny biatch. LOL

Just kidding bro. Nothing but love.

Keep it going bro. You're making fantastic progress. I guess I should put down this ice cream and practice what I preach.

1buffsob

haha nice, and i honestly want to genuinely thank you for your support. i wouldn't be as dedicated without you man. (totally sounds un-straight) but seriously, thanks to ya man, and all other who have shown support.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information