Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Nice work Nova, really good job!
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    looking good bruh, when you gonna start bulking ? after summer ?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Thanks Giants

thanks Steve0. yeah i am going to be buling in the fall. my fall schedule is more routine, with more time to hit the gym and rest. my summers are crazy. 630 am til 630pm. i work freshman orientation at the university and it is alllllll daayyyy. i have sat. sun. and mon. off so i will do most of my workouts on those days. and i will try and get up ealry to do am cardio a couple times a week, but cardio will normally be done either after training if i can get to it, or in the evening. but my bulk will be clean...but all out. if i get down close to 5%, i will bulk for as long as possible. probably for about 4-5 months.

so today at work i created my bulking routine for at least 8 weeks. haha. i will post it if anyone wants to see what i plan on doing in the fall. i know its a big foresight, but hey i want to be prepared to gain some serious size after this cut. now if i can plan a good bulking diet i will be ready to go...

stunt954 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    thanks for the kind words man. i didn't think anyone read my piddily log i will post more updates then on meals. energy levels, and the like. good luck to you too my man. lookin good in the avy too how far along are you on the cut?
    I'm about 4 weeks in... had problems with energy levels... and after seeing a response you typed someone in another post... decided to center my carb intake around my workout... Its been working out much better i have to say... so thanks for the tip...

Id also love to see the bulking diet ...

i haven't made the diet yet. but i did construct two workouts. a 4-weeker that consists of hitting each group once a week. then a 4-weeker that is a 2X a week routine (legs is still once). i'll post it up later next week, probably friday.

So... last night was the night everyone took me out for my 21st. i knew it was coming but didn't want any heat in my log about not doing it. i wanted to do it once, and i needed to let loose. word of the night..."shithoused" because in some way shape or form that word would get brought up when people would interact with me..."damn you are shithoused" "look at nOva he's pretty shithoused" ect. ect. ect. needless to say, no cxheat meal or excess food intake. besides excess liquor. all mixed drinks i had with diet cola so that paid off. but i know drinking hinders progress a whole lot, but i am back on track now and feeling like shit...but i'm going to go put my ass on a treadmill because....well because i feel bad...

i got

things are still going well here. long weekend. my biggest obstacle is coming up. tuesday-thursday i will be in north carolina for work. honestly, i don't see how i can bring food with me? its a 10 hour drive and we can only bring 2 bags. i am not sure how it's going to work. i know for a fact that we are white water rafting, rock climbing, repelling and things like that. so i know we are only going to get about 3 times to eat daily from probably 8am until 6 pm. i will try and bring food with me, but i don't know when i will have the chance to eat.

so what i am hoping to do is just add more cals to my meals during the times they let us eat (eating my diet foods) and then just have a couple meals after we are done for the day (again, eating the foods i bring)

if i can't bring food with me, i will eat as healthy as possible while i'm there, no guarantees on what that may be, but i will do my absolute best.

on a good note i will be waking up early and jogging/walking for 30-60 minutes every morning.

also, should i measure my legs/waist/arms/neck? for reference in the end? i think i am going to.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Good idea.

As for the meals, do what you can.

1buffsob

waist 30.5
    biceps 16in. (left is slightly smaller than right)
    neck 17.5in
    thigh 1. about where my balls are (24in)
    thigh 2. 2in up from my knees (20in)

waist was around my belly button as well. just thought i would point that out.

had a great back/bi workout just now. kind of spirt of teh moment but i didn't get to my back workout on friday so it was nice to get it in. went to my high school with a good friend i graduated with.

din't have my straps and i almost lost grip on my 350 dead. i did lat pulldowns and they have a machine called isopullovers (which is what buff suggested i do) and i did a few sets on that and i could really feel it in my rear delts and a little in my lats. i didn't have my notebook to record my numbers but strength was maintainied in my bi's and on my pulldown exercises. i added 3 sets of hammers and a set of reverse EZ bar curls until failure.

great workout. with cardio and my workout i feel really good about life right now. thanks a lot everyone.

yo buff, hey for my diet...would i be better off eating foods that were higher in fat or in carbs if i don't get the opportunity to eat my select foods? i was thinking of limiting any fats if i can't choose?....

yo buff, hey for my diet...would i be better off eating foods that were higher in fat or in carbs if i don't get the opportunity to eat my select foods? i was thinking of limiting any fats if i can't choose?....
    Stick to carbs if at all possible. May want to try and pick up some trio-plex protein bars too. Made with oats and pretty decent.

1buffsob

thanks boiii!

time for cardio.

daytrader is offline Member
    Motivating stuff.... I justed started cutting.... youve def made progress... Props bro

thanks main....

well i'm off to north carolina to go rock climbing, white water rafting and repelling for work. i am bringing all the necessary foods and i am thinking about having a cheat meal when we go out to eat on our way back. i will be walking fast every morning i'm there, and will be sticking to the diet as much as possible (which will be a lot). take care bros and i will take pics this weekened when i get back.

ownage?.......you know it.

Just wanted to bump this while Nova'z away because I found it inspirational... and I'm sure many other do (and will) as well ...

-Keep at it bud-

word nova thanks on the PM reply how was the trip and did you pre cook your meals or what ???

well my internet is effed, so i'm at my parents house and i will update now. i brought my food with me, but i didn't bring enough. so the trip down and that whole day i did fine (diet to a T). the next day i ate whoile wheat bread and lunch meat for breakfast. then i ate my food until 7 pm. i ate whole wheat pasta and ground beef for dinner. and the next day i just did the best i could. (keep in mind that we were hiking, rafting (which i rowed my ass off), rock climbing, repelling ect. ect.) i made a little progress but not much, but i think it was more of a mental victory that i forced off peer pressure and did the best i could. (i did have a couple cheats but nothing too major...i had a smore, and a few nutter butter cookies with whatever i could get on the way home. but i've been back at it since i've been back in ol' Indian Apples. and i just got done with my am cardio...

Welcome back nova. Glad to hear all is well, and that you stayed on course the best you could.

1buffsob

i missed you and i'm glad to be back to reality.

so i'm stealing internet off of someone nearby as we speak. i won't get any pics this week. but i will try and update as much as possible without (legal) internet.

AA nothing like pirateing a conection, welcome back nova

it's good to be back.

i cannot sleep i've been trying since 10:45 and now its 1:45....

so irritating.

well even if i didn't get as much sleep as i had hoped. i still nailed 50 minutes of cardio this morning. and had a good back/bi workout. i have been switching up my workouts weekly with different exercises (therefore i can't really tell if i've lost strength yet but i don't feel any weaker). i want to keep switching exercises in a 3 week rotation so that my body isn't used to the major mass building exercises when it comes time to bulk in the fall. i know it's a long way away but i don't want my body to be able to reach any common-ground/homeostasis until that time.

i also have a question that is open for all to answer. i'm running low on things to say back to people who make little comments on me bringing my lunch cooler with me everywhere. they honestly aren't making fun of me or anything, but i'm tired of trying to explain things and i always try to be clever with a comeback and i was wondering if anyone has any clever comebacks to the question,"so why....."

time for a shower after another 45mins of morning cardio. i am able to clowly jog for a noticably longer distance before my shins&calves hurt now. (keep in mind i didn't do cardio for 3 weeks before my cutter). i'll holla.

Still following.

1buffsob

Project is offline Associate Member
    well even if i didn't get as much sleep as i had hoped. i still nailed 50 minutes of cardio this morning. and had a good back/bi workout. i have been switching up my workouts weekly with different exercises (therefore i can't really tell if i've lost strength yet but i don't feel any weaker). i want to keep switching exercises in a 3 week rotation so that my body isn't used to the major mass building exercises when it comes time to bulk in the fall. i know it's a long way away but i don't want my body to be able to reach any common-ground/homeostasis until that time.

i also have a question that is open for all to answer. i'm running low on things to say back to people who make little comments on me bringing my lunch cooler with me everywhere. they honestly aren't making fun of me or anything, but i'm tired of trying to explain things and i always try to be clever with a comeback and i was wondering if anyone has any clever comebacks to the question,"so why....."
    I like the classic "oh, it's just a six-pack, bro, don't worry 'bout it". This is even better, in my opinion, as I work in a hospital.

Project is offline Associate Member
    By the way Nova, I've been following your cutter for a while now and it's been good motivation for mine that started last week. Keep it up.

bigpopapump is offline Junior Member
    It has been a real motivation mover for me as well. I like having a place that I can follow the sucess of others, it makes me just want to get of this computer and go for a walk at the very least. So see ya later.

gentlemen, i truly appreciate the kind words. i never knew my log would help motivate anyone besides myself.

now for some ownage for all of you followers...

that's what i'm talkin' about!

so lately i've had this urge to be completely full (not necessarily cheat, just be full) i will drink water and some with metamucil sf, but 30 minutes later i want to be full again. it is really hard, but i haven't given in yet. not cool.

so lately i've had this urge to be completely full (not necessarily cheat, just be full) i will drink water and some with metamucil sf, but 30 minutes later i want to be full again. it is really hard, but i haven't given in yet. not cool.
    I've found myself with the same problem. Maybe a carb up day is in order? Or at least a big healthy meal. But wait till after the next pics.

1buffsob

BTW, Nova. I thought you would find this particular thread interesting. Specifically the "Diet" part.

Idle thoughts by Pinnacle

1buffsob

Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    I've found myself with the same problem. Maybe a carb up day is in order? Or at least a big healthy meal. But wait till after the next pics.

1buffsob
    i was definately thinking about having a huge carb up day next saturday after my leg day on friday. i really don't know what it should consist of though. i was thinking of just sticking to 1/2 cup of oats in every meal? what did you have in mind?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information