Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,120 of 1202
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Old guy making a comeback...

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ^^ gotta do what ya gotta do. Plus switching it up might help actually.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, it's not like I was in a rut with my cardio or anything, but it sure doesn't hurt me to eat fewer calories.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    man eating fewer calories is not something id wanna do id rather increase cardio..

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    ^^^I need to do both. LOL

I need both as well, but I sure don't need to be eating more and not doing cardio!

Workout Chest/Shoulders

Flat Bench 45x4, 135x3, 185x2, 225x2, 275x2, 225x11, 225x11, 225x11
    Incline DB Bench 60x11, 70x11, 80x10(failure)
    Seated Military Press(Machine) 180x11, 225x11, 300x4(failure)

tbody whats going on man? thought id drop in and say hey at work til 00:00 and have to be back at 06:50.. 04:30 cardio is gonna be tuff/fun

I am thinking I mis-calculated my TDEE, cause I've been running below that level every day for a week and don't think I've made any progress. I'm working through dropping it another 500 cals a day to see if that fixes it. I have two lunches and a dinner that I am committed to every week. One was today and I just had a salad with a little cheese, eggs, bacon bits and no fat ranch. Looking at doing a lot of tunafish and lowfat cottage cheese. Of course the lack of cardio hasn't been helping any. It was very eye-opening when I posted those vids and looked like I was expecting but without the "glow".

u dont have ur bf taken with calipers though that i recall?? would take alot of guesswork out of it..

I don't need to know my exact bodyfat to know it's higher than I want it and I can certainly tell when it's going down. I'm close to 20 no matter how you slice it and would look a lot better the lower it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I am thinking I mis-calculated my TDEE, cause I've been running below that level every day for a week and don't think I've made any progress. I'm working through dropping it another 500 cals a day to see if that fixes it. I have two lunches and a dinner that I am committed to every week. One was today and I just had a salad with a little cheese, eggs, bacon bits and no fat ranch. Looking at doing a lot of tunafish and lowfat cottage cheese. Of course the lack of cardio hasn't been helping any. It was very eye-opening when I posted those vids and looked like I was expecting but without the "glow".
    knowing bf% seems it would eliminate this

BrownGirl is offline Female Member

Haha that's funny! Your workouts look killer though! You've been supporting me so much and I thought it was my turn to support you! You got it TBody! YOU CAN DO IT!
    Don't give up on the cardio though...

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^^Yeah...don't make me come down there and drag your arse to the treadmill cause I"LL DO IT!!!! lol

By the way...Browngirl and I both posted updates with new pics on our logs. Check em out when you get time.

I will incorporate the cardio back in as soon as possible, my schedule seems to be getting booked full and staying that way. I'll check your threads pro'momentaire'.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    I will incorporate the cardio back in as soon as possible, my schedule seems to be getting booked full and staying that way. I'll check your threads pro'momentaire'.
    don't ya just hate when life gets in the way of training! i know how much you don't like to do cardio but there has been some buzz lately about HIIT cardio and i think that you would benefit from it more than LIS cardio. i want to see one day where you go out and do 10 (50 yard) sprints with the only rest being the walk back to sprint again! i think you will like this more than sitting on a treadmill for 30 minutes! just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    don't ya just hate when life gets in the way of training! i know how much you don't like to do cardio but there has been some buzz lately about HIIT cardio and i think that you would benefit from it more than LIS cardio. i want to see one day where you go out and do 10 (50 yard) sprints with the only rest being the walk back to sprint again! i think you will like this more than sitting on a treadmill for 30 minutes! just my 2 cents
    Thanks Cajun, I actually think that sounds fun! Would be even more cool to have someone to race against. Anyone have suggestions on running and/or lifting shoes? I'm not sure I want to buy two pair so something that would be good for both? Tell me what you would get for each one seperately and what you would recommend for a combo.

Thanks Cajun, I actually think that sounds fun! Would be even more cool to have someone to race against.
    yes, competition always brings out the best in people!

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Popping in to say... great work.

I like that youre having fun with this.

Im enjoying reading this thread and seeing how your training is going.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Thanks Cajun, I actually think that sounds fun! Would be even more cool to have someone to race against. Anyone have suggestions on running and/or lifting shoes? I'm not sure I want to buy two pair so something that would be good for both? Tell me what you would get for each one seperately and what you would recommend for a combo.
    Sauconys for running shoes. I love them.

But a good shoe for both would be New Balance. Find one of their *cross training* styles. Thats what I use in the gym. Solid, flat heels for stable lifting. And nice lightness, flexability, padding for cardio on the treadmill or doing my hill sprints.

As for someone to race against on your sprints... race yourself. Use stop watch and time your sprints. Or time the overall time it takes to do the 10 sprints. The next time.. try to beat it by even a millisecond.

mornin tbody...

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    Sauconys for running shoes. I love them.

But a good shoe for both would be New Balance. Find one of their *cross training* styles. Thats what I use in the gym. Solid, flat heels for stable lifting. And nice lightness, flexability, padding for cardio on the treadmill or doing my hill sprints.
    i agree with dukkit about sauconys, have a few pair. my advice for this is go get your foot properly sized/fitted for running shoes, makes a world of difference

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    i agree with dukkit about sauconys, have a few pair. my advice for this is go get your foot properly sized/fitted for running shoes, makes a world of difference
    x2. You may ot may not need some support. And different brands fit different people. I sprint in lightweight Saucony's and do all other cardio in Brooks.

Good idea. And "kinda" my plan as well. And if not HIIT then HIGH intensity. Like Fireguy said, it gave him something like 5 hours of his time back.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

All good info and encouragement, thanks.

Workout Back/Biceps

T-Bar Rows 70lbsx25, 95x25, 120x25, 145x25, 170x20, dropset 170x11-145x11-120x11-95x4(done)

Wide Grip Pulldowns 90x11, 90x15, 105x11, 120x11

One arm cable curls 40x25, 30x25, dropset 50x11-40x11-30x11-20x11

Keep on grippin those heavy iron things which are for liftin'
    Author Unknown

That is the plan. Today is the wonderful "Leg Day" so I'm pretty stoked about that. I'll let you all know how it goes.

I have been under 1800 cals a day for the first 21 days of our challange and under 1200 for the last two days(total calories put into my body and I'm keeping track of everything!), and I have gained a lb a day the last two days. I always weigh first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything and my water intake is completely and totally consistent every single day.

I have been under 1800 cals a day for the first 21 days of our challange and under 1200 for the last two days(total calories put into my body and I'm keeping track of everything!), and I have gained a lb a day the last two days. I always weigh first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything and my water intake is completely and totally consistent every single day.

crazy how your weight fluctuated that much with those cals. water retention? maybe if you would quit peeing sitting down, the water would fall off! hahaha

crazy how your weight fluctuated that much with those cals. water retention? maybe if you would quit peeing sitting down, the water would fall off! hahaha
    That just ain't gonna happen!

So my legs were really tender on the tops of my knees so I didn't want to chance squats today. And I went with "good mornings" instead of SLDL's just to change it up since I read about this on another thread and it reminded me how they could be affective. I warmed up and did four supersets non-stop.

Leg extensions: 140x20, 160x20, 180x20, 200x20
    Superset w/Good Mornings: 45x20, 45x20, 45x20, 45x20
    Superset w/Seated Toe Presses: 120x20, 120x20, 120x20, 120x20

legs on fire, can't walk, can't hear, want to vomit!

That just ain't gonna happen!

So my legs were really tender on the tops of my knees so I didn't want to chance squats today. And I went with "good mornings" instead of SLDL's just to change it up since I read about this on another thread and it reminded me how they could be affective. I warmed up and did four supersets non-stop.

Leg extensions: 140x20, 160x20, 180x20, 200x20
    Superset w/Good Mornings: 45x20, 45x20, 45x20, 45x20
    Superset w/Seated Toe Presses: 120x20, 120x20, 120x20, 120x20

legs on fire, can't walk, can't hear, want to vomit!
    great work! i always feel the good mornings the second day.

1.hey tbody whats up buddy?

2.weird about ur weight hows ur diet been if everything else is the same?

3.what challenge? Did i miss something?

4.why r u only eating 1200cals/day??

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    1.hey tbody whats up buddy?

slow and steady trying to win the race!

2.weird about ur weight hows ur diet been if everything else is the same?

mostly, a little less sex than usual, I put my wive's pelvis out somehow, so the chiropractor told me to take it easy for 5 to 7 days

3.what challenge? Did i miss something?

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ss-log*/page33 post number 1258 i think, a new challange by slimmer, several of us agreed to set the same date to accomplish specifics as well

4.why r u only eating 1200cals/day??

well, i haven't been losing weight so i dropped my calories to make it happen. I really have a primarily sedentary lifestyle except going hardcore at the gym (and, up until recently, in the marriage bed)
    above in bold!

Tbody - Take it easy on your wife - you're gonna break a hip if you're not careful. You're both far to young to be financing one of those rascal scooters already. LOL

I'm no expert, but I'm almost 100% sure that 1200cal/day is a bad idea. Your BMR (not to mention you're TDEE) is far higher than 1200cals. If you're not losing weight at a caloric deficit other things should be looked at first. From everything that I've read...lowering your calories below your BMR will eventually lead to your BMR actually dropping as your body's way of trying to stabalize itself. Before you know it even 1200cals a day will just be maintanence and when you go back to a regular diet you will be at a huge Caloric increase.

Now hopefully somebody that knows what they're talking about will chime in either telling me that I'm correct or a total moron...Either way, you'll have your answer.

thanks slf, maybe I'm getting up in the middle of the night and eating a ton of stuff I don't remember.

LOL tbody on the wife

Maybe its not ur cals but what ur eatn and when..

I thought SteM helpd u put togethr a diet???? At the beginning of the yr?

What is your current Macro Split? This could have something to do with it. Sometimes you just really have to cut the fats. For instance I've read some guys can do just fine with a 40/40/20 while others have to do a 50/40/10 or 50/45/5.

I'm not smart enough to know what exactly is causing this; however, I just can't imagine that a 1200 calorie diet is going to benefit you long term.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    LOL tbody on the wife

Maybe its not ur cals but what ur eatn and when..

I thought SteM helpd u put togethr a diet???? At the beginning of the yr?
    He did, it was a macro split with around 2000 cals, I was pretty close on that, ended up going with 1978 as the target cals and maintained pretty close, but averaged just under 1800 with the same split. I'm thinking maybe it's just cause I'm old, maybe my test levels are down and so I can't burn the fat. But I have been seeming to drop bodyfat even though my weight hasn't gone down.

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    What is your current Macro Split? This could have something to do with it. Sometimes you just really have to cut the fats. For instance I've read some guys can do just fine with a 40/40/20 while others have to do a 50/40/10 or 50/45/5.

I'm not smart enough to know what exactly is causing this; however, I just can't imagine that a 1200 calorie diet is going to benefit you long term.
    I'll try this for a week and see if it doesn't shock the system into doing something. If I gain another pound overnight though, I am gonna freak!

Well if ur losing fat then nuttn to worry about

How do u know ur losin fat? Mirror?

What split did/does he have u on?

As far as the test goes i can tell u from experience that gettn on TRt was the best decision i ever made.. Now its only been 2 months but i feel so much better and have been able to get some good shape and fatloss going.. And my outlook/well being has improved.. Motivation is up.. Confidence is up.. I sleep well.. Wake up feeling good in the am..

U know it only takes 1 doc appt and a couple vials of blood to find out.. Best thing i ever did making that appt.. And i didnt really think itd be low.. Just hoped

Don't recommend TRT to Tbody...You just heard what he said happened to his wife didn't you????? And now you want him to start TRT. She'd be done for!!! LOL

On a serious note....TRT might be something you look into. After your wife recovers of course. I'd jump on the TRT wagon if Browngirl and I had already made some little ones, but that's still yet to come and I don't wanta risk anything. The pro's don't outweigh the slightly possible cons at the moment for me, but for you it could be just what the doctor ordered.

Thread Information