Page 67 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,680 of 6181
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsjunk
    I'm sorry I'd read this and the subsequent posts didn't indicate that you'd begun taking mag and calc supplements. Still like your thread though I'm sorry to hear/read that the knots haven't been figured out yet.
    My thread is a hoot! Haha! Especially in the beginning!

Pretty sure the knots are years of scar tissue and neglect. Breaking them up hurts like bloody hell and it is leaving my legs all bruised up, by I guess that is a sign of healing.

Saw your post in TR's thread and seems you have been through a lot as well. I power lifted back in my college days, it was fun to compete!

Def can tell I lifted weights yesterday! Back is nice and sore from doing dead lifts. Reading and more about high fat low carb diets. I have never tried keto type diets, but it seems many have success with it. Tarmyg posted a while back about a book called: The Art and Science of low Carb Performance. I am only two chapters in so far but enjoying the concept and thought process of it. Made me think differently about fats in my nutrition. Still learning my body and wanting to give this high fat low carb thing a go.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 08-17-2014 at 08:51 AM.

30 minutes of cardio and abs, also did some foam rolling on these legs. They are feeling better so I will continue to torture the hell out of myself!

47 min of walking

Cooked a bunch of food today, so I'm prepared for the week!

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Today I would like to congratulate you. You started this log On Thursday, 27 January 2011 and today when I am posting this it is Monday, 18 August 2014. That is a 1,300 day posting streak. That is nothing less that incredible. Congratulations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    Today I would like to congratulate you. You started this log On Thursday, 27 January 2011 and today when I am posting this it is Monday, 18 August 2014. That is a 1,300 day posting streak. That is nothing less that incredible. Congratulations!!!
    Thanks T!

Pissed excellence this morning!

Off to the gym to do cardio and roll these knots!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 08-18-2014 at 04:10 AM.

30 minutes of cardio done! First time I have had coffee/caffeine in a while, man am I going fast!

As I have mentioned, I am totally switching up my diet, in which will consist of low carbs and high fat. Macros look like this: 141g of protein/139g of fat/ 20g of carbs. I will also have to remind myself to pound the H20!

Jcz85 is offline Associate Member
    Hey dude, I don't know shit about anything but I'm about your stats, little leaner, I try to get 50g of protein per main meal, 300g total. I'm trying to put on muscle and lean down.

Not sure if taking whey and protein bars to help supplement is the same as eating it in meat form? Anyone know? Say I get about 100g/day of protein in powder + bar form, will my body still use it as efficiently?

Did a kettlebell workout his AM, really got my blood flowing good!

Legs are getting there, still,a ways to go, but if feel they are progressing in the right direction for now

Quote Originally Posted by Jcz85 View Post
    Hey dude, I don't know shit about anything but I'm about your stats, little leaner, I try to get 50g of protein per main meal, 300g total. I'm trying to put on muscle and lean down. Not sure if taking whey and protein bars to help supplement is the same as eating it in meat form? Anyone know? Say I get about 100g/day of protein in powder + bar form, will my body still use it as efficiently?
    you may be leaner than me, but i am still sexier! you do not need 300g of protein a day. you prob need about 200g of protein, 400g of carbs and 50-70g of fat. try that for two weeks straight and see what happens.

Jcz85 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    you may be leaner than me, but i am still sexier! you do not need 300g of protein a day. you prob need about 200g of protein, 400g of carbs and 50-70g of fat. try that for two weeks straight and see what happens.
    I did try that. I gained back the body fat I had lost with two weeks of solid cardio added to my weight training.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcz85 View Post
    I did try that. I gained back the body fat I had lost with two weeks of solid cardio added to my weight training.
    i posted in your thread

35 minutes of fasted cardio

Blog Entries
    How is it feeling thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    How is it feeling thus far?
    i feel the same as always. i am a little tired, but i did not sleep well last night and have only been averaging about 6.5 hours per night. i am liking the diet so far!!! i do miss those damn sweets, but it is not as bad as i thought, especially eating bacon and cheddar cheese everyday! i am only on the 3rd day of eating like this. i do have some questions though. do i need to be at zero carbs? i have been staying at or under 20-25g of carbs a day. i am getting confused over net carbs and just carbs in general from all the reading i have been doing. should i just shoot for under 20 grams of sugar carbs per day, or carbs altogether? only carbs i am getting came from 5 raspberries today and maybe 1g from unsweetened almond milk. other than that, the only thing sweet i may have is splenda and my protein powder in the AM, which has 4 carbs per serving, 1g sugar. thanks for pointing me in this direction.

Blog Entries
    do i need to be at zero carbs?
    No, never heard of anyone to need to be at zero to reach Keto adaptation. I set my goal at zero and usually end up between 10g-25g when going for adaption. After adaption I add in vegetables as my carb source to reach ~60g/day.

i have been staying at or under 20-25g of carbs a day. i am getting confused over net carbs and just carbs in general from all the reading i have been doing. should i just shoot for under 20 grams of sugar carbs per day, or carbs altogether? only carbs i am getting came from 5 raspberries today and maybe 1g from unsweetened almond milk. other than that, the only thing sweet i may have is splenda and my protein powder in the AM, which has 4 carbs per serving, 1g sugar. thanks for pointing me in this direction.
    I am going to be very surprised if those 20g-25g/day will hinder your progress towards adaptation. I only calculate net carbs as my carb sources all contains a high amount of fiber. Honestly, until you have adapted stay as low as possible, after that you can start experimenting with how high you can go and see where it breaks Ketosis.

No, never heard of anyone to need to be at zero to reach Keto adaptation. I set my goal at zero and usually end up between 10g-25g when going for adaption. After adaption I add in vegetables as my carb source to reach ~60g/day. I am going to be very surprised if those 20g-25g/day will hinder your progress towards adaptation. I only calculate net carbs as my carb sources all contains a high amount of fiber. Honestly, until you have adapted stay as low as possible, after that you can start experimenting with how high you can go and see where it breaks Ketosis.
    That's what I figured, thanks! I need to go buy some keto sticks. I have stayed under 25g total for the past 3 days. Honestly, besides not sleeping well, I feel good. I also have to watch my protein intake. I am so use to eating a lot of protein, i do it almost subconsciously. I have stayed around the macros I need so just gonna keep on trucking along! I will weigh in next Wednesday to see how it is working. Only hinder will be the weekends, heading to the beach this weekend so I know some cocktails will be involved. I will stay away from the beer and just have a few high balls.

20 minutes of fasted cardio and bout 10 minutes of foam rolling. I could actually stay on the foam roller longer today than I have in a long time. Legs are healing up slowly but still have a long road ahead. I am going to keep doing what I am doing since I feel some positive difference.

30 minutes of fasted cardio

Did a circuit workout this AM, really got sweating good!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My thread is a hoot! Haha! Especially in the beginning!

Pretty sure the knots are years of scar tissue and neglect. Breaking them up hurts like bloody hell and it is leaving my legs all bruised up, by I guess that is a sign of healing.

Saw your post in TR's thread and seems you have been through a lot as well. I power lifted back in my college days, it was fun to compete!
    Sorry to hear the doctor apt was a waste of time and hopefully you are right about the knots. I still say it would be better to let some cute little Asian girl break them up for you. I think you need a visit to Thailand or Philippines so you can go 2x a day for about $5 - $7 for 1hr massage. 2 weeks of that and you will feel much better even if you legs arent any better.
    RaginCajun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Sorry to hear the doctor apt was a waste of time and hopefully you are right about the knots. I still say it would be better to let some cute little Asian girl break them up for you. I think you need a visit to Thailand or Philippines so you can go 2x a day for about $5 - $7 for 1hr massage. 2 weeks of that and you will feel much better even if you legs arent any better.
    that is exactly what i need!!!! then i can bring one home so i can have massages all the time! i like that plan!

25 minutes of fasted cardio and foam rolled

Macros for today: 157g fat, 157g pro, 20g carbs. (65% fats, 29% pro, 6% fats) 2125 cals

One week weigh in tomorrow of basically eating a cyclical keto diet. Last week I only had high carbs from Friday evening to Saturday night. I know one week is nothing so will continue eating this way for a while to see what happens. I am back in the gym now more a days and really loving it. I know I need to take it easy but having a hard time laying back!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You have a lot more discipline than me. I think it's my ADD. I just cant sit and do stuff like the foam roller. I have an inversion table I SHOULD use and a very nice roller massage chair but I cant bring myself to sit or hang for even 5 minutes let alone 15 minutes a day like I should. I have not used my inversion table for months.

No I'm OK if I go and get a 1hr massage someplace but maybe it's because I'm usually interacting with the person, talking and not having to do it myself. But thats been a long time. I need to take my own advice and go back to the Philippines soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    You have a lot more discipline than me. I think it's my ADD. I just cant sit and do stuff like the foam roller. I have an inversion table I SHOULD use and a very nice roller massage chair but I cant bring myself to sit or hang for even 5 minutes let alone 15 minutes a day like I should. I have not used my inversion table for months. No I'm OK if I go and get a 1hr massage someplace but maybe it's because I'm usually interacting with the person, talking and not having to do it myself. But thats been a long time. I need to take my own advice and go back to the Philippines soon.
    I am the same way honestly, I can't sit still!

Maybe I need to take a solo trip out there

Weighed in at 177lbs, one pound lighter than last week.
    tarmyg likes this.

30 minutes of fasted cardio

Blog Entries
    Keep it up. My guess is a 3lb loss this coming week if you stick to it.

Keep it up. My guess is a 3lb loss this coming week if you stick to it.
    Thanks!

Still have a long ways to go. I am eating 1900-2100 cals a day and still hungry, even with all the fat! Not really having any sugar cravings, my protein powder has been helping for that and it only has 1g of sugar.

2.5 mile walk, 36 min fasted cardio

Legs are tight, especially my groin muscles on each side. I grinded a bunch last night on them but seems I need to do more stretching.

Diet has been pretty easy eating fatty foods. Only thing I worry about is my cholesterol climbing. High cholesterol runs on my father's side of the family. Mine has never been high.

off day today from the gym. i needed the extra rest but still do not feel run down at all, maybe just a wee bit tired. not sure if i am in ketosis or not, but i have had under 30g of carbs per day since last sunday. i look leaner today, but that has to be from all the water being loss due to restricting carbs. i plan on carb loading some this weekend, both sets of parents are coming into town for the LSU vs Wisconsin game tomorrow, so there will be some drinking. legs are still somewhat tight.

Chest, shoulders, and tris finished.

Going home to make some low-carb chicken Gouda sausage, pepperoni, roasted red pepper, and green olive pizza!

30 minutes of fasted cardio (15 min rowing/15 min inclined treadmill). Foam rolled for a while on these legs. Knots are not as tender and seemed to be loosening up some.
    Myers likes this.

Blog Entries
    Looking good! :-)

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    How u liking the carb cycling? Hope u doing well!!n

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    How u liking the carb cycling? Hope u doing well!!n
    I'm actually not so much carb cycling, but eating more of cyclical ketogenic diet. My macros during the week look like this: 0-5% carbs/ 35% protein/ 60% fats.

30 minutes of fasted cardio and some foam rolling on these ole legs.

Weight was down to 175lbs today, about 2-3 lbs overall lost.

Bacon n eggs, here I come!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00
    I'm actually not so much carb cycling, but eating more of cyclical ketogenic diet. My macros during the week look like this: 0-5% carbs/ 35% protein/ 60% fats.
    Interesting. That's not a lot of carbs...

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Interesting. That's not a lot of carbs...
    nope, and honestly, it is not too bad. i get to engulf this weekend in a carb load!!! it prob won't be as much as the past two weekends, but carb loading nonetheless.

Thread Information