Page 66 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,640 of 6181
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    45 minutes of fasted cardio on stationary bike. Still all knotted up! I hit the foam roller and need to do so daily. I can manage what I did today, so may try that for a while until I can see a doctor and figure out the culprit.

Just ran a night 5k race with a chick! Legs held up, did it in 33 minutes!!!!

Fukk yeah!!!!!

30 minutes of fasted cardio and a dip in the hot tub to soak these poor legs

Walked 2 miles in the heat!

45 minutes of fasted cardio on stationary bike. Legs feel somewhat better? Not sure if it is from me being more active, or these pills I found labeled Leg cramps. Ingredients in the pills are just herbs and what not, but other than being more active, that is the only difference I had since Saturday morning. I also soaked in some Epson salt last night.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    45 minutes of fasted cardio on stationary bike. Legs feel somewhat better? Not sure if it is from me being more active, or these pills I found labeled Leg cramps. Ingredients in the pills are just herbs and what not, but other than being more active, that is the only difference I had since Saturday morning. I also soaked in some Epson salt last night.
    That can make a significant difference by itself.

I did almost 10 minutes of cardio this morning. That's almost 10 minutes more than usual. I'm TRYING to add cardio (starting today) at least 3x a week.

Looks like you have been doing good. Keep up the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    That can make a significant difference by itself. I did almost 10 minutes of cardio this morning. That's almost 10 minutes more than usual. I'm TRYING to add cardio (starting today) at least 3x a week. Looks like you have been doing good. Keep up the hard work.
    Thanks lov!

Doing what I can!

Thanks lov!

Doing what I can!
    Have you gone in for any more deep tissue massages? I now it's not cheap here. When I go to Thailand I get them every other day because it's like $7, $11 with a tip for a full 1hr GOOD massage. Happy endings are a little extra. lol

The hot bath can help a lot and if it does especially with the Epson salts then you are probably missing something in your diet. I remember reading about it but forget right now. I'm sure you can find it on google but it sounds like you have been fighting this cramping or being sore for way to long.

Have you gone in for any more deep tissue massages? I now it's not cheap here. When I go to Thailand I get them every other day because it's like $7, $11 with a tip for a full 1hr GOOD massage. Happy endings are a little extra. lol The hot bath can help a lot and if it does especially with the Epson salts then you are probably missing something in your diet. I remember reading about it but forget right now. I'm sure you can find it on google but it sounds like you have been fighting this cramping or being sore for way to long.
    I have always wanted to go to Thailand for a real GOOD massage! I have tried them, but they are expensive and only help some.

I think I am either deficient in magnesium or calcium, or something to that nature. I have been adding in more fresh fruit lately and more green veggies. Still need to get some blood work done to confirm
    lovbyts likes this.

If you ever go you will be amazed at how some little 5' 2" 90 lbs girl can push, pull and twist you knot knows and apply pressure like a 400lbs sumo wrestler but at the same time feel so good. lol

The Philippines massage places are even better. They are more up scale with very nice hot or dry sauna or jacuzzi tubs you can use 20 minutes before or after you massage that is not part of the 1hr massage but included in the price. They also provide you with a personal assistant before and after who brings you your tea after your massage and shower supplies. Yeah all this for about $12?

A buddy of mine who lives in Philippines had a massage student who would come over 2 or 3x a week to give him and his wife massage to earn a little extra cash. When I was staying with him I of course took advantage of her, I mean of the service and also got massage in my bedroom for about $7, $10 with tip but I was told I was paying to much. lol

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I pay 100 peso for an hour of a reflexologist (certified massage person in phils). Tip a 100 and they are happy to come back.

In the Phils those lil bstds put their feet up on the wall and their elbow in my back and full force with their body..Hurts like a Dickens but 2 hours later..wow..what a difference.

Just due to affordable massages in the phils makes the quality of living higher than what I experienced in the USA. After the massage you walk to market and buy shrimp and fish just off the boat and go home and steam with veggies...all the way around...just a great life if you have money.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    If you ever go you will be amazed at how some little 5' 2" 90 lbs girl can push, pull and twist you knot knows and apply pressure like a 400lbs sumo wrestler but at the same time feel so good. lol

The Philippines massage places are even better. They are more up scale with very nice hot or dry sauna or jacuzzi tubs you can use 20 minutes before or after you massage that is not part of the 1hr massage but included in the price. They also provide you with a personal assistant before and after who brings you your tea after your massage and shower supplies. Yeah all this for about $12?

A buddy of mine who lives in Philippines had a massage student who would come over 2 or 3x a week to give him and his wife massage to earn a little extra cash. When I was staying with him I of course took advantage of her, I mean of the service and also got massage in my bedroom for about $7, $10 with tip but I was told I was paying to much. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    I pay 100 peso for an hour of a reflexologist (certified massage person in phils). Tip a 100 and they are happy to come back.

In the Phils those lil bstds put their feet up on the wall and their elbow in my back and full force with their body..Hurts like a Dickens but 2 hours later..wow..what a difference.

Just due to affordable massages in the phils makes the quality of living higher than what I experienced in the USA. After the massage you walk to market and buy shrimp and fish just off the boat and go home and steam with veggies...all the way around...just a great life if you have money.
    Yeah I know I was inflating the price a little but it also depends on where you are as in down town in the big city they charge a little more and it's tough not to tip to much when you are a newbie. Ive only been there 4x so I still consider myself green and it will be a few more years until I get to be a full time resident.

Yeah I know I was inflating the price a little but it also depends on where you are as in down town in the big city they charge a little more and it's tough not to tip to much when you are a newbie. Ive only been there 4x so I still consider myself green and it will be a few more years until I get to be a full time resident.
    Can't wait to come visit!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 07-15-2014 at 06:46 PM.

haven't worked out in a few days, been dealing with some vehicle issues. still having these knots and looking to get in to a doc. called one place and could not get an appointment until the 31st. i was doing some cleaning up yesterday and found some vials of tb500. i have 6, so prob will have to order some more. heading out fishing again so hoping to bring some fish back for the freezer!

haven't worked out in a few days, been dealing with some vehicle issues. still having these knots and looking to get in to a doc. called one place and could not get an appointment until the 31st. i was doing some cleaning up yesterday and found some vials of tb500. i have 6, so prob will have to order some more. heading out fishing again so hoping to bring some fish back for the freezer!
    LOL at you guys who find gear stashed one place or another. You need to learn to keep everything in one place. It also helps reduce the chance of anyone else finding it. Only gear I ever found was about 10, 60 mL vials that turned out to be old/bad/bunk gear meaning the 10, 60 mL vials I had throw out into the trash over a week earlier was the good stuff....

I hope you get those knots figured out, it's really got me curious now since you have been dealing with it so long. What have the massage therapist said in the past? Anyone give any type of suggestion?
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-20-2014 at 08:33 AM.

LOL at you guys who find gear stashed one place or another. You need to learn to keep everything in one place. It also helps reduce the chance of anyone else finding it. Only gear I ever found was about 10, 60 mL vials that turned out to be old/bad/bunk gear meaning the 10, 60 mL vials I had throw out into the trash over a week earlier was the good stuff.... I hope you get those knots figured out, it's really got me curious now since you have been dealing with it so long. What have the massage therapist said in the past? Anyone give any type of suggestion?
    They always tell me I'm tight. Then they tell me to rest. When I rest, my muscles get tighter and I feel worse. When I am active, body feels,better but not healing up fast and muscles spasm. I need to get some blood work to rule out a few things, hypothyroid especially.

Oh it's tough not taking advantage of that 1st sentence you put out there but Ill be nice. "They always tell me I'm tight"

Get the blood work done so you can figure it out, it's been going on a long time already. No excuses like your car is broke down or anything like that unless you own a GMC.

Oh it's tough not taking advantage of that 1st sentence you put out there but Ill be nice. "They always tell me I'm tight" Get the blood work done so you can figure it out, it's been going on a long time already. No excuses like your car is broke down or anything like that unless you own a GMC.
    Bahahahaha, I knew I set myself up for that one!

did 15 minutes of cardio yesterday, did the elliptical and only went backwards. today, went for a 10 minute swim at lunch

Meh, 30 min of cardio

20 min of fasted cardio and foam rolled. Legs are full of knots, hurts like hell to roll!

doctor appointment is set for next Tuesday!
    lovbyts likes this.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00
    doctor appointment is set for next Tuesday!
    Yayyy!!!!! Be interesting to hear the diagnosis.

Bahahahaha, I knew I set myself up for that one!
    Yeah and you know I dont let many slip by.
    RaginCajun likes this.

heading to the doctor here shortly, hoping she will take me serious. i just looked back at my thread here and seems as if i have been dealing with this for about 10 months! wanting/needing blood work on everything, especially thyroid and hormones. will keep yall posted

well, i really didn't care for the doctor much, she did not even feel/touch my legs. she did prescribe some Flexeril (muscle relaxer) for 20 days. also, they drew some blood and ordered the following tests: CMP14+/D/PLT+TSH, SEDIMENTATION Rate-Westergreen. no hormone panels were ordered. i asked, and the only two questions she asked were if i was tired/lethargic and having libido problems. i may have to go to an independent lab to get blood drawn for hormones. guess i will await the blood tests and take the muscle relaxers and go from there.

Trying to post up blood work, doc says everything ok.

Blood work

Did a nice upper body workout today, arms are still shaking two hours later.

Def need to do more stretching and try to drink more water hoping my body will soak it up. Seems I stay dehydrated, always thirsty. Not sure if my body processes water/electrolytes well.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    What's next for your knots?

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    What's next for your knots?
    I have a lot sharp knives, thinking about cutting them bitches out!

Did some really deep stretching (yoga stuff) and legs feel a little better, but still a long ways to go.

After doing some reading, I still think there could be some type of thyroid issue going on. I get the chills for no reason at all and seems that a high bun/creatinine ratio, as well as high calcium serum, correlates to the parathyroid.

Honestly, I don't know what to do. I am miserable in the fact that I cannot train like I want to. Head is still in it, but the body just won't let me do what I want to.

Did a full body workout, felt good. I def need to condition myself again, I feel out of shape.

Stats to date, 177lbs 19-20% BF. Seems my body loves this size!

Still trucking

40 minutes of fasted cardio and I foam rolled.

Knots feel somewhat looser in my legs, little improvement.

Progress nonetheless

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Could the fasted cardio contribute to the tight feeling in the legs? Just curious if being empty and using knotted muscles is not allowing them the nutrients they need to loosen up. Just a theory, you know your body better than I, I was just curious if you had tried adding something pre cardio in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by zempey
    Could the fasted cardio contribute to the tight feeling in the legs? Just curious if being empty and using knotted muscles is not allowing them the nutrients they need to loosen up. Just a theory, you know your body better than I, I was just curious if you had tried adding something pre cardio in the past.
    Nope, doesn't matter. My legs have been jacked up for months. I normally eat before the gym but today, just wasn't hungry. Bout to whip up some chocolate banana peanut butter protein pancakes with sugar free syrup

same weight today, 177 lbs around 20%. been grinding on my legs with all these knots and today, my legs are all bruised up! i guess i feel some relief from it and will continue to do it. i need to do cardio but trying to figure out these damn knots, don't want to set myself back any.

Legs felt somewhat good today so I did the big 3 today, squats, dead lifts, and chest. Diet will get sharper and looking to cut some of the carbs and replace that with fats.

bigsjunk is offline New Member
    GOOD LORD MAN, TAKE SOME CALCIUM CITRATE AND MAGNESIUM; please. Pretty please.
    Also, that battery of tests is totaly worthless indetermining any underlying vitamin/mineral deficiencies and you should know that with your background.
    Notice that sugar being a bit high? Magnesium is low, go eat some shiny nails.
    Oh, and wow, I haven't even finished reading this entire post but way to go for keeping at it for 3 years and allowing us to go on the ride with you.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsjunk
    GOOD LORD MAN, TAKE SOME CALCIUM CITRATE AND MAGNESIUM; please. Pretty please. Also, that battery of tests is totaly worthless indetermining any underlying vitamin/mineral deficiencies and you should know that with your background. Notice that sugar being a bit high? Magnesium is low, go eat some shiny nails. Oh, and wow, I haven't even finished reading this entire post but way to go for keeping at it for 3 years and allowing us to go on the ride with you.
    I take calcium and magnesium everyday. What is helping is grinding/breaking up the knots with a roller or lacrosse ball.

bigsjunk is offline New Member
    I have always wanted to go to Thailand for a real GOOD massage! I have tried them, but they are expensive and only help some.

I think I am either deficient in magnesium or calcium, or something to that nature. I have been adding in more fresh fruit lately and more green veggies. Still need to get some blood work done to confirm
    I'm sorry I'd read this and the subsequent posts didn't indicate that you'd begun taking mag and calc supplements.
    Still like your thread though I'm sorry to hear/read that the knots haven't been figured out yet.

Thread Information