Page 21 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Try a good church on sunday morning instead of the bar on saturday night

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Try a good church on sunday morning instead of the bar on saturday night
    Never said I wasn't a church goer, and by the way, they have wine in there also!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Never said I wasn't a church goer, and by the way, they have wine in there also!
    Not served by the glass or bottle, and they frown if you are alone and take the tray of communion glasses! Or if they use the community cup and you are second in line and you drain it!

Never thought nor meant to suggest that you weren't. My suggestion was for you to find the tamer at that local not the other!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    RC...you are not alone my friend. I have been on a carb (as in cookies and candy) overload and my body just sucks them up and sticks them on my tummy roll, not at A$$ like I would like it to go. I used to love Christmas time with all the parties and luncheons and parties and cookie exchanges and drinking.....now I almost seem to hate all this focus on eating and drinking. Let us know how your carb free day goes. I have never done anything like that and wondering if it is effective?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Never alone.....on this topic.....especially NOW!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Not served by the glass or bottle, and they frown if you are alone and take the tray of communion glasses! Or if they use the community cup and you are second in line and you drain it!

Never thought nor meant to suggest that you weren't. My suggestion was for you to find the tamer at that local not the other!
    i know what you were implying, i was just pickin at ya!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    RC...you are not alone my friend. I have been on a carb (as in cookies and candy) overload and my body just sucks them up and sticks them on my tummy roll, not at A$$ like I would like it to go. I used to love Christmas time with all the parties and luncheons and parties and cookie exchanges and drinking.....now I almost seem to hate all this focus on eating and drinking. Let us know how your carb free day goes. I have never done anything like that and wondering if it is effective?
    i love to eat and drink, its my culture! that will never leave me and i just need to work hard at it like i have before. just a hurdle that i have to jump over, and the no/low carb days get tough after a few, but the refeed is where you get the energy back. it is more of carb cycling and GB has showed how effective it can be, just takes a whole lotta discipline, in which i do not have at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Never alone.....on this topic.....especially NOW!

yup, but tis the season........................................

I have been pondering the IF diet and will be seeing what that is like this week. I need to get some more BCAAs, I just ran out. No hunger pains yet as I did fast yesterday until 12 and ate until 8. It will be tough to try to make it until 12 today but I will do my best, only had coffee black today. On the road for work and have been the past two weeks so maybe this type of feeding will help this cause

Made it to lunch: baked potato, grill chicken, pinto beans, small salad. The hunger was bearable so I will continue doing this to see if it will be more conveinent for my work/daily schedule. One thing that helped me thru the morning was coffee.

protein shake at 445, gym.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 12-12-2011 at 04:57 PM.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    we have grape juice at our church no alcohol...

just got done with a great workout. i am still tweaking the workout and prob will change it up from week to week with exercises, but i will keep it a high-intensity level throughout. had a protein shake after and then had a low carb wrap with baked chicken, spinach, low fat sour cream, and some salsa. so far, the IF diet thing isn't too bad, just have to get thru the first week and see how my body reacts. well, off to help a damsel in distress (girl needs help changing her car battery!)

just finished last meal of the day, protein shake with cottage cheese and two fish caps. i also just purchased some BCAA tablets, wanted the powder but that is all the store had the time. i will be ordering some soon

well, woke up with hunger pains this morning and just saw that the BCAA tablets (horse pills) i purchased has 2g of carbs in it! i hope this doesn't hurt my fast. it is going to be a mind over matter thing with this IF diet because i am i huge breakfast fan and not eating until 12 or so kills me! i still burp up the fish oils so i don't take them in the AM. i am thinking that on workout/lifting days, i will eat around 1800-2000 cals and on non-lifting days, keep it around 1600-1800. i will be taking BCAA horse pills at 730, 900, and 1030, and eating my first meal a lil after 12. my feeding window will be right around 8 hours or so. i plan on doing cardio later on this evening. my weight is back up to 182lbs and it just goes to show how important diet is.

have you tried Nature's Finest? no burping....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

have you tried Nature's Finest? no burping....
    Nope, I sure haven't but I will give them a shot. Thanks darlin'

Had a good cardio session this evening, did 25 min on the treadmill and 15 on the elliptical. It feels so good to eat for 8 hours and not worrying about getting in everything throughout the day. I still need to get my body acclaimmated to the change in diet but I will run this for a while and see. It is working easier on my work schedule with the eating but only time will tell.

the morning was tough, had bad hunger pains to where i wanted to throw up. i wound up curbing it some with coffee, black. i broke my fast at around 1230 and stopped at 8. i did have a great workout this evening and felt energized the whole way thru. my weight is the same as the other day, 182. i knew my weight would go up some since i started lifting again so this time next week should be a good gauge on how my body will respond to it. i am liking eating for 8 hours!

The fasting thing is normally not a problem for me. I am not sure about the details of it as a diet, but think I would be able to deal with it fine.

The fasting thing is normally not a problem for me. I am not sure about the details of it as a diet, but think I would be able to deal with it fine.
    Check out leangains dot com, I am following it. The fast is hard for me right now as I have been eating 6-7 meals a day starting at 7 am for about 3 years, so my body is not use to fasting. It says week one is tough and it does not lie!

Just weighed in, 180.4lbs. This is good news because all week I saw the scale climb and now it is tapering back down. Starving right now and can't wait for a cup of joe. It is almost Christmas and it is going to get almost 80 degrees here in Houston!!!!

I bet fasting after 6-7 meals a day is not easy. Do you feel it is helping? And with the liquid part of your program do you think eating more often could possibly be better for you actually? as in making sure you have constant nutrients in you to counteract....wondering....my .02
    Author Unknown

I bet fasting after 6-7 meals a day is not easy. Do you feel it is helping? And with the liquid part of your program do you think eating more often could possibly be better for you actually? as in making sure you have constant nutrients in you to counteract....wondering....my .02
    Hmm, great question. I think it is all too early to tell but I like the fact that I don't have to worry about eating every few hours. It is a lot easier to keep track of cals when eating 2-4 big meals in a small window of time. I am loving the evening workouts because I feel really fueled when working out. This is still the beginning phase but I am liking it so far. With my job right now, it is really suiting it because I am busy through the morning so my brain is usually focused on work, not eating. When I was eating every few hours, my stomach would dictate when I would grub down. Coffee has been my best friend the last few days, helps with the stomach pains. I am hoping only to have the coffee for another week and then try to cut it out for two weeks, I think I remember twist telling me this sometime ago.

what is purpose of BCAA?

what is purpose of BCAA?
    you need to do your homework young lady!

Down another 2 pounds! Weighed in at 178.8 today. Looks like I will reach my goal if I keep this up! Whoooo hoooo!

Down another 2 pounds! Weighed in at 178.8 today. Looks like I will reach my goal if I keep this up! Whoooo hoooo!
    Whoooooooooo hoooooooooooo it is!
    Author Unknown

Wow, so you and I are the same weight? What is your goal and what are your stats(I'm to lazy to look through the thread to find them)?

Wow, so you and I are the same weight? What is your goal and what are your stats(I'm to lazy to look through the thread to find them)?
    We might be the same weight, but you are leaner than I am. I am 5'10" , prob 20% BF or so, and my goal is to see 175 on the scale by the years end. That will be 20lbs for the year. I still want to get as lean as I possibly can, weight really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 12-16-2011 at 08:17 PM.

Fasted until 1230, had a hamburger on wheat with sweet pot fries and a fried blackberry pie! I felt as if there were more food in front of me, it would have disappeared also. My whole meal had to be around 1200 cals so that leaves me with about 1200cals to go until 830pm. Hunger pains were really bad today and at one point, I was gagging! Hopefully that will subside soon

i had a great workout! i killed it today and at the moment, i am still eating! nothing like stuffin my face after a vigorous workout!

^^^ I used to stuff my face and instead I looked like a stuffed poo bear! LOL.

Congrats on your new low!!! and i still haven't looked up BCAA....seems like should the acronym of some basketball association or something..

just got done a 3 mile run, took 38 minutes. it was my first run in quite some time, didn't think i could go for that long with only a cup of coffee! this fasting diet thing is getting easier and in about an hour or so, i am going to stuff my pie hole!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    good work cajun!!.. i used to run but now all my cardio is on elliptical(lazy mans cardio ) but i know being fasted makes a huge diff in how much harder it is..or at least it did for me ...

Fasted until 1230, had a hamburger on wheat with sweet pot fries and a fried blackberry pie! I felt as if there were more food in front of me, it would have disappeared also. My whole meal had to be around 1200 cals so that leaves me with about 1200cals to go until 830pm. Hunger pains were really bad today and at one point, I was gagging! Hopefully that will subside soon
    Curl up in a ball and punch yourself in the stomach til they go away!(this is a joke, this was real advice given on an anorexic website)

Curl up in a ball and punch yourself in the stomach til they go away!(this is a joke, this was real advice given on an anorexic website)

hahahahahahahahaha! thats awesome

so, i got invited to an ugly christmas sweater party last night..........................

so, i got invited to an ugly christmas sweater party last night..........................
    ......and did you bring another ugly sweater home with you??????

......and did you bring another ugly sweater home with you??????
    nope! HA HA!

i was jogging yesterday and tripped and fell. tried to catch myself and jacked up my right shoulder! i just can't catch a break!

Thread Information