Page 23 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    thanks everyone for the kind words!

yes, slim, of course i had blacked peas, but its cabbage, not collard greens!

i had a fantastic new years and ready to get back to the grind! i have set some small personal goals to achieve and i need to set a short/reachable goal in regards to my diet. it is revamping season and i know i need it! i am thinking that i will have to look for some races in houston to start training for so that i will stay focused, competition usually does this for me. and on another note, i met an amazing woman over the weekend....................first impression is everything, and a sharp looking bowtie always helps!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 01-03-2012 at 11:25 AM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    oh no! I hope I ate the right thing for good luck.

And a new woman? AH HAH! This will motivate you as much as a competition. And yep to a sharp bowtie.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    congrats on meeting someone new, she would be one lucky lady to have you ragin!
    sounds like this year is truely off to a great start for you, and a new romance interest is def a GREAT way to keep focus being fit

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Dial it in!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post

And a new woman? AH HAH! This will motivate you as much as a competition. And yep to a sharp bowtie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    sounds like this year is truely off to a great start for you, and a new romance interest is def a GREAT way to keep focus being fit
    yes and yes!!! only bad thing about this is she lives in nola, so who knows what is going to happen with that. and yes, a hot blonde 2nd grade teacher is always great motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Dial it in!
    had a grilled chicken wrap w/bacon with a side salad for lunch. going hit the cardio hard this evening, going to shoot for 45 minutes today.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    yes and yes!!! only bad thing about this is she lives in nola, so who knows what is going to happen with that. and yes, a hot blonde 2nd grade teacher is always great motivation!

had a grilled chicken wrap w/bacon with a side salad for lunch. going hit the cardio hard this evening, going to shoot for 45 minutes today.
    CAJUN good to see u man ^^heres a good place to start LOL

you did, the black eyed peas are for luck, cabbage/collard greens is for more money!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    CAJUN good to see u man ^^heres a good place to start LOL
    thanks bud! i am doing the intermittent fasting diet from leangains. c o m., getting easier by the day!

Ladyblahblah is offline Female Member
    thanks everyone for the kind words!

yes, slim, of course i had blacked peas, but its cabbage, not collard greens!

i had a fantastic new years and ready to get back to the grind! i have set some small personal goals to achieve and i need to set a short/reachable goal in regards to my diet. it is revamping season and i know i need it! i am thinking that i will have to look for some races in houston to start training for so that i will stay focused, competition usually does this for me. and on another note, i met an amazing woman over the weekend....................first impression is everything, and a sharp looking bowtie always helps!

In which I have no doubt that you did so wonderfully.

x2!

gaining lean muscle, impressing older women and staying injury free, sounds like a great start and better plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyblahblah View Post
    In which I have no doubt that you did so wonderfully.

x2!

welcome to the party!

gaining lean muscle, impressing older women and staying injury free, sounds like a great start and better plan!

well, i have to say that this woman is quite younger than me. staying injury free is a HUGE goal of mine, don't think i have ever made it thru a whole year of being injury free.

diet was good yesterday and i had a good cardio session. i did 45 minutes on the elliptical and did the hills program, and really got after it! today's weight is 180.4 lbs. i am starting to get use to this IF type diet. over the holidays, i was telling some people about it and they thought i was crazy because they know how much and how often i was eating before. i saw that in slim's and tbody's threads, they made a deadline of March 2nd, so i will have to come up with something soon. like i said earlier, i am going to prob sign up for a race, just have to look into more.

Come on and join us. 8 weeks from Friday. I consider these couple days before are a bonus head start.

What would your goal be specifically?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Come on and join us. 8 weeks from Friday. I consider these couple days before are a bonus head start.

What would your goal be specifically?
    my goal is to strip the fat! i say i shoot for 7-10 pound range, while hopefully gaining some strength and being injury free! i just know of that one week of mardi gras that is hiding in that time frame to where who knows what will happen!

Just looked up what Fireguy said to me before I started my log and I quote:

Stating I want to shed bodyfat is not a goal. I am not trying to split hairs here but to be a goal it needs to have specifc results in a specific timeline. "I want to go from 20% bodyfat to 16% bodyfat by June 1st" is a goal. This forces accountability and makes the planning stages much more doable. We would now know what needs to be done and you are also forced to make adjustments to stay on course.
    Author Unknown

Stating I want to shed bodyfat is not a goal. I am not trying to split hairs here but to be a goal it needs to have specifc results in a specific timeline. "I want to go from 20% bodyfat to 16% bodyfat by June 1st" is a goal. This forces accountability and makes the planning stages much more doable. We would now know what needs to be done and you are also forced to make adjustments to stay on course.
    thanks slim! accountability is everything in this and only one accountable is oneself!!! thanks for reminding me!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    -----
    Last edited by SexySweetheart; 02-11-2012 at 01:59 AM.

ooooo I want in on the 8week mini goal too!
    (sorry to hylack your thread ragin) ...Im goin to post on SM thread that Id like to join if also, if yall dont mind...?
    Hell no!!! Hahaha! It is all about disciplining yourself in this short time frame but it always nice to do like goals with others so giddy up girl and jump on!

I had a great workout yesterday and tracked my heartrate the whole time. My average HR during my 40 minute workout was right at 140, so I burned right around 400cals or so. Diet could have been sharper but I still think I stayed within my calorie/macro range. Had a family friend come to town for work and she was going eat out with some co-workers and their spouses so she wanted me to join. We ate sushi so my choices were easy there, I still had over 1200 cals to burn so I stuffed my face, only bad thing I had was two beers (dark). I weighed 179.6 today and will be doing cardio later on

Sushi is one of those pre-approved meals which comes in handy for sure!

Sounds like you are back on track~
    Author Unknown

(sorry to hylack your thread ragin) ...Im goin to post on SM thread that Id like to join if also, if yall dont mind...?
    YOU can join us too Sexy!

Hell no!!! Hahaha! It is all about disciplining yourself in this short time frame but it always nice to do like goals with others so giddy up girl and jump on!
    Saddle up Sexy~
    Author Unknown

Just had brisket tacos with avocado and some chicken tortilla soup. I put the meal at around 1100 or so but could be lower. I use the fitday app or livestrong to try to gauge my cals. The hunger pains weren't too bad today as I am busy at work so I wasn't thinking bout food. Trying to figure out what kind of cardio I want to do tonight, either a run and some hills or elliptical and parking garage stairs

Sushi is one of those pre-approved meals which comes in handy for sure!

Sounds like you are back on track~
    Glad that you pre-approve! I mostly stuck to the sashimi and not so much the sushi.

Back on track but I know of a few speed bumps already on the way so next week, prob going to start twoadays again!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    my goal is to strip the fat! i say i shoot for 7-10 pound range, while hopefully gaining some strength and being injury free! i just know of that one week of mardi gras that is hiding in that time frame to where who knows what will happen!
    goals are good. mardi gras is awesome fun, but not diet friendly. i wouldn't miss it for a few calories

Ladyblahblah is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    goals are good. mardi gras is awesome fun, but not diet friendly.
    ^^No doubt....on all three accounts But looks to me like you've done quite well while still having lots of fun this year, Ragin. I have no doubt that you'll be fine.

i wouldn't miss it for a few calories
    I wonder how many calories are in one of those monster hand grenades?? Ouch.

goals are good. mardi gras is awesome fun, but not diet friendly. i wouldn't miss it for a few calories

still do not know if i am going back home for mardi gras yet, work might have me hemmed up and i am not too happy about it but thats life!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyblahblah View Post
    ^^No doubt....on all three accounts But looks to me like you've done quite well while still having lots of fun this year, Ragin. I have no doubt that you'll be fine.

I wonder how many calories are in one of those monster hand grenades?? Ouch.

i do not even want to know how many cals are in those, but i do know that use everclear! 2011 was a fun year, had a lot going on. 2012 will be a much calmer year, only on wedding that i know of this year, plus its time i really focus on my career and what not. but, i will not stop having fun, only one life so i live it!

had a good run yesterday evening, 2.7 miles in 36 minutes. i definitely have some work to do to get back up to speed and i think some new running shoes will help, right ladies? diet was not the best yesterday evening, my roommate and i had some college friends in town so we took them out for dinner and what not. we pounded white wine in which i really was only a fan of the sweeter ones but i now have a taste for it. i also have bottle of some homemade wine that my grandpa made for us for christmas, muscadine!

definitely going to plan for two twoadays next, prob monday and thursday since LSU will be playing monday night. i also have the Saints game on saturday night so i will have to bust that ass saturday morning!!!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 01-06-2012 at 08:17 AM.

oh yeah, wanted to mention that the hunger pains were really bad this morning (had to be the wine), but once i had a cup of joe, it went away. amazing what caffiene can do!

well, i have to say that this woman is quite younger than me. staying injury free is a HUGE goal of mine, don't think i have ever made it thru a whole year of being injury free.
    quite younger than you has to be illegal in Texas, I know you are from Lousiana, but them daddy's in Texas are serious about you messin' with their daughters. I also think Slimmer will agree with me, you need a mature woman with a level head!

Did you see FireGuy is back posting again???

thanks slim! accountability is everything in this and only one accountable is oneself!!! thanks for reminding me!
    Yeah, like to the low in regards to under-age women, there is something called "legal age of consent" you should find out what that is in Texas before you go any further. In texas you will be accountable to the Long Arm of The Law!

We need more and more and more and you, young lady, are always welcome.

had a good run yesterday evening, 2.7 miles in 36 minutes. i definitely have some work to do to get back up to speed and i think some new running shoes will help, right ladies? diet was not the best yesterday evening, my roommate and i had some college friends in town so we took them out for dinner and what not. we pounded white wine in which i really was only a fan of the sweeter ones but i now have a taste for it. i also have bottle of some homemade wine that my grandpa made for us for christmas, muscadine!

definitely going to plan for two twoadays next, prob monday and thursday since LSU will be playing monday night. i also have the Saints game on saturday night so i will have to bust that ass saturday morning!!!
    Set that goal and get after it!

oh yeah, wanted to mention that the hunger pains were really bad this morning (had to be the wine), but once i had a cup of joe, it went away. amazing what caffiene can do!
    Wow, the last two wine references in your thread didn't clear up the doubts in my mind about your sexuality!

quite younger than you has to be illegal in Texas, I know you are from Lousiana, but them daddy's in Texas are serious about you messin' with their daughters. I also think Slimmer will agree with me, you need a mature woman with a level head!

Did you see FireGuy is back posting again???

Yeah, like to the low in regards to under-age women, there is something called "legal age of consent" you should find out what that is in Texas before you go any further. In texas you will be accountable to the Long Arm of The Law!

We need more and more and more and you, young lady, are always welcome.

Set that goal and get after it!

Wow, the last two wine references in your thread didn't clear up the doubts in my mind about your sexuality!

hahahaha!!! i am 30 she is a college grad at 22 and she is from louisiana! you are definitely busting my balls today! love to see an experienced vet like fireguy back around!

I am giving it a little extra hard today. But I know you can take it.

When are pics? When are you setting your specific target for the Mar. 2nd deadline?

i do not even want to know how many cals are in those, but i do know that use everclear! 2011 was a fun year, had a lot going on. 2012 will be a much calmer year, only on wedding that i know of this year, plus its time i really focus on my career and what not. but, i will not stop having fun, only one life so i live it!
    REALLY? hmmmmmmmmmm
    Author Unknown

I am giving it a little extra hard today. But I know you can take it.

When are pics? When are you setting your specific target for the Mar. 2nd deadline?
    and what?
    Author Unknown

my goal is to be 170 or under, at 6:30 am on the second of March, two thousand twelve, anno domini, in which we call a friday! that looks to be a little more specific, right?
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 01-06-2012 at 12:01 PM.

May or March? confused....
    Author Unknown

May or March? confused....

whoops, was reading some work docs and it had may, i will fix it. good catch, thanks for keeping me on my tippies!

MArch it is. Looks good and doable.
    Author Unknown

Very!

Thread Information