Page 20 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Injuries suck! Glad you are sticking with what you can.
    i usually do, it just takes me longer than others. i just do not heal well when injured, always been this way. also, do not remember if you were here in may, but i finished an offroad triathlon in may!

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    A multitude! And hopefully next year which is not too far away will be a bit less....but you ALWAYS bounce back don't ya?
    you right, i always bounce back! and it always helps coming from you!

diet was good today and did 40 minutes of cardio this evening.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I remember, and you should remember that I love you even though you are such a cardio freak!

I remember, and you should remember that I love you even though you are such a cardio freak!
    hahaha! i never really liked cardio until i signed up for that triathlon, and the rest is history! cardio hurts, i have asthma and horrible joints, but i just nut up and do it! i wish i could get back to heavy lifting!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    hahaha! i never really liked cardio until i signed up for that triathlon, and the rest is history! cardio hurts, i have asthma and horrible joints, but i just nut up and do it! i wish i could get back to heavy lifting!
    Deca ????

i thought about that with a cycle of test but do not have a source and want to trim down the BF first. i still have a long ways to go to get down the BF, i think i am around 18%. TBODY, do you reccommend any 3 day fullbody workouts? i am limited to the equipment i have, smith machine, leg press, calve machine, 5-60lb dumbbells, but i can make it work. i still do not think that i can chest press a lot of weight right now because of my left shoulder so i will have to work that in slowly.

I'm a huge fan of the "high intensity" program, a total body workout that takes an hour max, performed three times a week in a lift/rest/lift/rest/lift/rest/rest fashion.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    how is my cajun buddy doin? making progress or holding during this dreaded holiday eat fest???

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    how is my cajun buddy doin? making progress or holding during this dreaded holiday eat fest???
    hey hun, i am doing fine now and getting back to the old self. my weight is the same but i plan on dropping a few pounds before the new year! i did more drinking than anything during the thanksgiving holidays, go read on the other page! glad to see ya back around!

I'm a huge fan of the "high intensity" program, a total body workout that takes an hour max, performed three times a week in a lift/rest/lift/rest/lift/rest/rest fashion.
    this is basically what i am trying to do but doing cardio on the rest days. i love high intensity routines, so lay a few on me and i will give it a go! i am limited on some exercises do to equipment and left shoulder/rotator cuff. i will do what i can!

i didn't log on yesterday but i did hit a good fullbody workout, took about 45 minutes. i also did 45 minutes of cardio today and plan on getting after it tomorrow!

M/W/F or whatever split fits for you but lift/rest/lift/rest/lift/rest/rest

Keeping it simple, hitting it hard and heavy working largest muscle group to smallest.

Warm up - Jump rope for one minute exactly/rest for one minute exactly continue this on and off jump rope for five "rounds" so a total of nine minutes.

I'm assigning you a rep range that is muscle group specific, it also is a "range" which means you go to failure on every set, if you can't perform the exercise properly to the bottom number, the weight is too heavy, go lighter, and if you can perform the exercise properly for more than the higher number, the weight is too light, add weight.
    Legs:
    Squats 3 sets 15-20 reps perform these all by themselves, little rest between sets 90 secs
    Stiff legged deadlifts 15-20 reps supersetted with calf raises 3x21 (7/7/7-toes in/heels out-toes out/heels in-toes and heels lined up)
    Back/Chest:
    Pull-ups 3 sets w/bodyweight to failure supersetted with flat barbell Bench Press 3 sets 12-15 reps
    bent rows 3 sets 12-15 reps supersetted with Incline Bench Press 3 sets 12-15 reps
    Shoulders/Abs:
    Military Press 3 sets 12-15 reps Supersetted with Crunches 3 sets to failure(replace military press with shrugs if you need to for your shoulder)
    Upright rows 3 sets 20-25 reps supersetted with hanging leg lifts 3 sets to failure
    Triceps/Biceps:
    skull crushers 3 sets 12-15 reps supersetted with Barbell Curls 3 sets 12-15 reps
    cardio/cool down

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    hey hun, i am doing fine now and getting back to the old self. my weight is the same but i plan on dropping a few pounds before the new year! i did more drinking than anything during the thanksgiving holidays, go read on the other page! glad to see ya back around!
    I love to dance too! Glad you had some fun....but wondering how in the world you gonna cut 5 in the next 3 weeks at your current pace!..LMBO!!!!!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~

Keeping it simple, hitting it hard and heavy working largest muscle group to smallest.

Warm up - Jump rope for one minute exactly/rest for one minute exactly continue this on and off jump rope for five "rounds" so a total of nine minutes.

I'm assigning you a rep range that is muscle group specific, it also is a "range" which means you go to failure on every set, if you can't perform the exercise properly to the bottom number, the weight is too heavy, go lighter, and if you can perform the exercise properly for more than the higher number, the weight is too light, add weight.
    Legs:
    Squats 3 sets 15-20 reps perform these all by themselves, little rest between sets 90 secs
    Stiff legged deadlifts 15-20 reps supersetted with calf raises 3x21 (7/7/7-toes in/heels out-toes out/heels in-toes and heels lined up)
    Back/Chest:
    Pull-ups 3 sets w/bodyweight to failure supersetted with flat barbell Bench Press 3 sets 12-15 reps
    bent rows 3 sets 12-15 reps supersetted with Incline Bench Press 3 sets 12-15 reps
    Shoulders/Abs:
    Military Press 3 sets 12-15 reps Supersetted with Crunches 3 sets to failure(replace military press with shrugs if you need to for your shoulder)
    Upright rows 3 sets 20-25 reps supersetted with hanging leg lifts 3 sets to failure
    Triceps/Biceps:
    skull crushers 3 sets 12-15 reps supersetted with Barbell Curls 3 sets 12-15 reps
    cardio/cool down
    Curious as to the reasoning/theory behind these rep ranges?

A high intensity routine has some similar qualities to a circuit training style program. For Cajun specifically, shoulder injury and not a bulk builder by nature or on a current bulking phase. The poundages used for lower rep ranges would, by nature, require longer rest between sets and make it difficult to complete the program in the desired workout time. If the results don't come within the first two or three weeks of the program we can make adjustments.

Legs:
    Back/Chest:
    Shoulders/Abs:
    Triceps/Biceps:
    cardio/cool down
    well tbody, i love the routine but i do not have the equipment to do some of those exercises. deadlifts are something that i will only be able to do on the smith machine, there is no olympic barbell. only barbell there is, is the one attached to the smith machine. i can do shrugs and should be able to do dumbbell miltary presses. we have time to modify it during the day but i like what is going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    I love to dance too! Glad you had some fun....but wondering how in the world you gonna cut 5 in the next 3 weeks at your current pace!..LMBO!!!!!
    only need to cut about 3lbs to get to 175lb. if i really want to see the number on the scale, i can, but it won't be the right way. i have cut weight before for events in college so i know how to see the number on the scale. and another thing, i will bust my ass hard in the next three weeks to drop that little bit! its only a pound a week from here on out!

well tbody, i love the routine but i do not have the equipment to do some of those exercises. deadlifts are something that i will only be able to do on the smith machine, there is no olympic barbell. only barbell there is, is the one attached to the smith machine. i can do shrugs and should be able to do dumbbell miltary presses. we have time to modify it during the day but i like what is going on here.
    I would suggest switching deads to a partial then, starting at about the knee on the bottom, you should be able to not screw yourself over too much from the limited range of motion the smith machine would require for a full dead and be able to keep the weight heavy enough to make som good gains, we can fix any problem this presents in your physique through stretching and dumbbell exercises.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Smith Machine? I have read pros and cons about the Smith Machine.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Mostly cons in my opinion, other than some limited applications, but if that's what he has it can be used to get the job done!

Mostly cons in my opinion, other than some limited applications, but if that's what he has it can be used to get the job done!

yes i agree with the cons of a smith machine. i love squats so it really sucks to get on that thing and squatting. on the other hand i think that it works great for single legged lunges.

And while we are at it. Why shrugs? Wouldn't that be for someone who wants to compete?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

And while we are at it. Why shrugs? Wouldn't that be for someone who wants to compete?
    i see the shrugs as building the rest of my upper back and shoulder area. that is one area that i need to develop better and it makes one have a funny looking face when performing them! i also need to do a full body recomp so this should help in doing that as well!

Shrugs, properly performed, hit the tops of the shoulders and tie in the traps, a very good overall finishing look!

i also have to see what i can perform when doing pullups and chest press. i know that affects my left shoulder so i will do what i can. i will perform the 3 day split as posted above from tbody and take it from there!

well, i did what i could in the gym. couldn't do chest press or pullups, but i did throw in some other exercises to try to compensate for it. i couldn't do deads either, so i basically did romanian deadlifts lifts with dumbbells and focused on my hamstrings. overall i had a great workout, took about 45 minutes to complete. i plan on going do some cardio this evening

well, i did what i could in the gym. couldn't do chest press or pullups, but i did throw in some other exercises to try to compensate for it. i couldn't do deads either, so i basically did romanian deadlifts lifts with dumbbells and focused on my hamstrings. overall i had a great workout, took about 45 minutes to complete. i plan on going do some cardio this evening
    I'm glad you made adjustments and did what you could. I am excited to see what you will do with this!

my appetite is thru the roof today! i will be doing some sort of cardio whenever i get off today. i was doing something similar to this before, but just added back in squats and some of the other exercises that you proposed. looking like i will have to do the routine wednesday morning instead of the evening regarding an appointment i have. love the sore feeling and i know that my weight may go up a few pounds by the end of the week, seems to whenever i hit weights. i know i need to bump the cardio back up to two-a-days, and plan on that happening soon. i am also trying to get my ass in the woods, haven't made a hunt yet! its killin me!

well, stayed up late and didn't get a chance to workout. i prob will just workout tomorrow evening since i will have more time and just do cardio when i can later on this evening.

You will.....I just know you will.....re: cardio
    Author Unknown

You will.....I just know you will.....re: cardio
    i need to, and will! just have a busy day, work, then an appointment at 6, then apartment complex christmas get together thing after that! hoping to get something in after work and before my appt! re: ate a bad supper last night and i knew my weight would be up this morning do to it, and the fact that i started lifting weights again. i think my body holds way more water whenever i first start back with the weights. yesterday, 178, today 181!

You'll be fine!

Well, only was able to get in 30 min of cardio yesterday. I drank a whole lotta red wine last night but woke up only feeling tired. Weight was up 182 today, not good! Thinking I really need to go to a few no carb days, need more discipline!

went hit a quick workout today. it felt good to get back in there and work out some of the soreness. my hammies are still burning from mondays workout. like i keep saying, i need to really tighten up on the diet side of things.

More rock and less talk, cajun, drop the alcohol in any form and man up!

^^^ Good luck on that request.....OOCajun is a party boy.....deep South.....not gonna happen......

Now.....if he could alternate a drink with water perhaps.....
    Author Unknown

More rock and less talk, cajun, drop the alcohol in any form and man up!
    ^^^ Good luck on that request.....OOCajun is a party boy.....deep South.....not gonna happen......

Now.....if he could alternate a drink with water perhaps.....
    what she said!!!! i am looking for a good girl to slow me down, just haven't found the one to tame me yet!

^^^ HA! The trick to this is to find one you have to tame. Then you will tame yourself by doing so....fine line.....fine line.....slow and easy does it....so neither one of you realize what is happening....
    Author Unknown

Thread Information