Page 15 of 155 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    ate protein pancakes with cottage cheese and strawberry topping with sugar free syrup. went hit a good full body workout then hit the pool for some laps. it is not a big pool but i did manage to swim for about 20 minutes. i had a protein shake after that, and then had some tilapia topped with raspberry chipotle sauce, spinach, whole wheat wrap. now, enjoying some football having a few cold pops!
    i want recipe too!!! gosh, you eating well...and not a few cold BEERS!! What's up??? you serious this week????

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    i want recipe too!!! gosh, you eating well...and not a few cold BEERS!! What's up??? you serious this week????
    i love to cook and eat so when i do so, i make sure it delicious!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ^^^ 00CAJUN doesn't do anything half-way~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

did a good full body workout saturday that i am feeling today. i am also feeling that swim i did on saturday morning, my groin muscles are sore. slept in this morning, plan on going catch a good run this evening.

i just ate a horrible lunch! fried chicken and french fries! i will be doing cardio later!

well, after the bad lunch, i got it straightened out after that. slept in again today but am planning a vigorous full body workout this evening and plan on doing some cardio after. i know i keep saying this but i really need to get back focused on losing bodyfat. i do not think i have changed any, pants still loose and i guess you can say that i was 'maintaining.' no noticeable changes in my body except i can tell that i started hitting weights again, just feel stronger. the days that are throwing me off is me not being in the office. i will get this straightened up soon, and please feel free to rip and criticize me!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    The tilapia... your own recipe, or did you buy it somewhere? Sounds fvcking awesome, raspberry chipotle sauce! I want!!!
    i buy some chipotle raspberry marinade from whole foods. i know it has sugar in it but i think that is mainly from the raspberries. i will have to check the label tonight when i get home. the way i cook the fish, i just put some cajun spices on it before i put it in a hot pan with some EVOO. then, after i flip it once, i season the top again and add a tsp of the sauce on top, then flip and repeat until fish is flaking. the sugars from the sauce caramelize and form a thin crust on the fish, absolutely delicious! this can be used for making fish tacos, or just have some for a simple fish dish.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    You are sounding like a CHEF!
    well, i love to cook and come from a family of great ones. i did work in restaurants in my younger days as a bartender/waiter, but had to jump in the kitchen sometimes when people wouldn't show or if they needed an extra hand. i have tons of recipes in my head and i have worked along side some great chefs.

DAMMIT!!!!!! boss took us out to lunch today, FIVE GUYS!!! i did not indulge in the fries and keep the burger a small one with lots of veggies on it and no cheese/mayo. just when i try to get back serious, this shit happens!

well, was not able to get my workout in, damn gym was closed for some shit, pissed me right off! so, i then decided to go run. did 3.5 miles in 45 minutes. diet was good after i ate that lunch, had a protein shake, then 1.5 cups egg whites topped with salsa and a salad, and then some cottage cheese with a 1/2 scoop of protein powder added. this morning, i had some cottage cheese with strawberries/blueberries and just had a protein shake. i was reading GB's thread and really like his new schedule that he has proposed. i want to try to do something like that but i know it will be hard for me on the weekends, i like to drink! i need to get a new weight so i can see at what calories to eat, i am still thinking i am at 182-185, so thinking 2100cals should be a good start. i will be ordering some protein soon and will have my work office stocked!

Back and forth and back and forth. Do I need to send in Twist?

I understand....I DO I DO I DO! LIFE is not geared for this easily one bit....not one bit.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    i buy some chipotle raspberry marinade from whole foods. i know it has sugar in it but i think that is mainly from the raspberries. i will have to check the label tonight when i get home. the way i cook the fish, i just put some cajun spices on it before i put it in a hot pan with some EVOO. then, after i flip it once, i season the top again and add a tsp of the sauce on top, then flip and repeat until fish is flaking. the sugars from the sauce caramelize and form a thin crust on the fish, absolutely delicious! this can be used for making fish tacos, or just have some for a simple fish dish.
    Awesome bro, I have a whole foods within walking distance from my house. I'm on this like flies on sh!t !!

Awesome bro, I have a whole foods within walking distance from my house. I'm on this like flies on sh!t !!
    G, the brand is Fredericksburg Farms, Raspberry Peach Chipotle Glaze. Nutrition Facts: serving size 2 tablespoons, cals 60, 0g fat, 16g carbs (sugar), 0g protein. is this too bad to have at night, 16g carbs? i do the serving size if i do two pieces of fish, but do half if only doing one. trust me, its 'crack-like'!!!!!

had a great workout today! did an upperbody workout then went old skool!!!! by old skool, i mean i went to my parking garage and ran up the stairs! it felt awesome! i did 7 flights, 4 times, pretty much was done after that. i plan on doing this after each workout i do. i think i will do this as my workout days and on my other days, fasted cardio and evening cardio! time to get back after it like i was before, two a days will be a must.

Back and forth and back and forth. Do I need to send in Twist?

I understand....I DO I DO I DO! LIFE is not geared for this easily one bit....not one bit.
    doesn't it seem that LIFE always gets in the way!!! and in doing my workout today i could here twist in my ear today tellin' me that i better get it!!!!!!!

G, the brand is Fredericksburg Farms, Raspberry Peach Chipotle Glaze. Nutrition Facts: serving size 2 tablespoons, cals 60, 0g fat, 16g carbs (sugar), 0g protein. is this too bad to have at night, 16g carbs? i do the serving size if i do two pieces of fish, but do half if only doing one. trust me, its 'crack-like'!!!!!
    DAMN!!!! That's way too much sugar for me... i'm lucky if I get 16g sugar in a day, let alone a flavoring for fish lol! Oh well - it can always be part of a healthy-ish cheat meal!

And IMO yes - very bad at night - 16g of SUGAR, not necessarily carbs as a macro. You're spiking insulin before your lowest activity time of the day... think about it.

DAMN!!!! That's way too much sugar for me... i'm lucky if I get 16g sugar in a day, let alone a flavoring for fish lol! Oh well - it can always be part of a healthy-ish cheat meal!

And IMO yes - very bad at night - 16g of SUGAR, not necessarily carbs as a macro. You're spiking insulin before your lowest activity time of the day... think about it.
    thats what i was thinking, was just maybe hoping it wasn't too bad.

today, diet has been good but the tigers are on tonite so i know some 'pops' will be drank. i am loving hitting the weights again, i felt like an animal yesterday and plan to go run some stairs this evening before i catch the game!

had a great workout yesterday. i hit the parking garage stairs for 30 minutes straight and then hit the pool for 10 minutes of laps. overall, it was a great workout, i was whooped afterwards. while doing the stairs, i was joined by another guy who said he does it for an hour! i told him that i will be catching you soon! i really am liking the stairs and from what i remember, it is the most calorie burning exercise there is.

Stairs? Brave.....WHEW! Stairs will take it off!
    Author Unknown

Stairs? Brave.....WHEW! Stairs will take it off!
    i am a risk taker...........and i love the pump it gives your legs! i usually go until either i can breath or i can't feel my legs! and i had to do something before twist popped up again!

i am a risk taker...........and i love the pump it gives your legs! i usually go until either i can breath or i can't feel my legs! and i had to do something before twist popped up again!
    GOOD IDEA 'cause ya never know when he will come around and catch ya...
    Author Unknown

i had a rest weekend and i felt like i needed it. as in rest, i mean no workouts planned. diet is going good so far today and nothing should screw it up. i am trying to get everything sorted up between workout and diet. i really want to try what GB's diet consists of, it may help me stay on tract better. one thing that i did do on saturday was stand on my roommates scale with my clothes on, scale said 184.9. i am ok with that number as it looks as if i haven't had any weight changes in about 2 months. i will start back with fasted cardio tomorrow morning and then try to low-to-no carbs after that to see how my body responds. i know that my weekends kill me so i will have to be super strict during the week. the two a days will start back tomorrow as well, and will mainly consist of cardio. i will try this for a few weeks and see what happens. i am also contemplating a 6 mile race in november so i am thinking that that will help me stay true to a schedule/routine. workout for today is full body (chest/back/shoulders/bi's/tri's)/abs and legs. i figure if i do this 3x a week plus add in some fasted cardio 5x week, with some additional cardio on non-lifting days should help me get my edge back.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 09-19-2011 at 07:43 PM.

woke up and pissed excellence! i hit the gym for some fasted cardio, 400 cals burned. i had a great workout yesterday even though i didn't get the extra cardio in that i wanted to. my hammies were cramping up from working them so i was satisfied with resting them knowing i am going to give them hell this after noon. i am either going hit the parking garage stairs or going run for 45 minutes. i finally got some protein so diet is getting better by the day and i put half in an old jug and brought to work for those cravings. i cooked a bunch of chicken last night to bring to work to snack on, and i forgot them!

Back on track~ and running around again....
    Author Unknown

Back on track~ and running around again....
    yes mam! i actually found a new spot to chase 'bunnies' again, and fired up about it!!!

had a great run yesterday evening, did 5 miles in 70 minutes. diet was good yesterday, even though i did slip in a glass of pinot noir, i cooked steak!

this morning, did fasted cardio, 400cals burned. i am going back to BR and grabbing some things to bring back with me and the two most important things coming back are my blenders and scale.

had a great run yesterday evening, did 5 miles in 70 minutes. diet was good yesterday, even though i did slip in a glass of pinot noir, i cooked steak!

this morning, did fasted cardio, 400cals burned. i am going back to BR and grabbing some things to bring back with me and the two most important things coming back are my blenders and scale.
    You got that right! I have 2 blenders. One for back-up. And the Pinot Noir? must have been a red wine night. I had some merlot myself along with a steak.....
    Author Unknown

Mmmm... Pinot Noir... the only red i'll happily drink!

Mmmm... Pinot Noir... the only red i'll happily drink!
    i love all types of wines. i can pretty much drink any of them. the pinot noir i had the other night was from some vineyard in oregon, pretty tasty! i have even made my own wine, its a coon ass thing!

had a good day yesterday. i did a quick upper body workout yesterday that really gave me a great pump. at one point, i thought my tricep was going to slap me! didn't have time to do cardio afterwards because the hot lil apartment manager invited everyone for happy hour down the street at a local watering hole. i figured it would be a good to meet some of the other people in my complex, plus, the manager is really sweet and hot! so i had two beers (some nice microbrew ipa) and stayed a lil while.

three days in a row of fasted cardio and will be going for four tomorrow. i am still sore from running the other day so i am going to see how the old legs feel this evening and let that predict what i am going to do (either hitting the parking garage or chasing bunnies).

on another note, i keep burping up these damn fish oil pills! i even tried a well-known brand. any suggestions?
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 09-22-2011 at 07:30 AM.

hmmmmmmm.....stayed a lil awhile....
    Author Unknown

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    looks like you are doing great! keep up the awesome workouts!!

hmmmmmmm.....stayed a lil awhile....
    hahaha! caught that didn't ya!

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    looks like you are doing great! keep up the awesome workouts!!
    thanks babe! i had to do get something started that had more of a routine/schedule. i just do better when i have a plan, even though i am one of the most spontaneous people i know!

well, just had a fabulous lunch. so i went venture to the galleria mall to grab some grub and while riding up the escalator, i got into a conversation with a couple. (i am one of those people who will talk in any situation) turns out, the guy is originally from baton rouge! i told him that i was looking for a quick bite and he said i have just the spot. he took me to Saks Fifth Ave!!! i was curious about it but then understood how it all played out. they serve lunch in their restaurant in the store and he told me to sit at the bar and tell them that you work in the galleria. i did so and upon saying that, i received my lunch for $10! best fish tacos i have ever eaten! (didn't eat the corn tortillas) i was surprised by this and the hot bartender looked at me and winked. when she gave me bill she said that my secret was safe with her, and i told her, you will definitely be seeing me again!!!

went out yesterday and did a 4 mile run, took me 52 minutes. i just wasn't feeling it yesterday. i did eat good and cooked some steaks with sauteed onions, mushrooms, red bell pepper, garlic, and some spinach. i decided to take it easy this morning and laid off the legs. going hit a full body workout this evening when i get off. weigh in next monday to see where i stand, haven't weighed in since i moved.

well, just had a fabulous lunch. so i went venture to the galleria mall to grab some grub and while riding up the escalator, i got into a conversation with a couple. (i am one of those people who will talk in any situation) turns out, the guy is originally from baton rouge! i told him that i was looking for a quick bite and he said i have just the spot. he took me to Saks Fifth Ave!!! i was curious about it but then understood how it all played out. they serve lunch in their restaurant in the store and he told me to sit at the bar and tell them that you work in the galleria. i did so and upon saying that, i received my lunch for $10! best fish tacos i have ever eaten! (didn't eat the corn tortillas) i was surprised by this and the hot bartender looked at me and winked. when she gave me bill she said that my secret was safe with her, and i told her, you will definitely be seeing me again!!!
    Grab some grub! LOL! Haven't heard that in awhile. And you will talk to most anyone? Really?

And I bet you do go back to Saks......for some more meals, that is.

Luv your new AVY! Looking leaner.....lots leaner.
    Author Unknown

FINALLY, we get a pic!! Dude, you're alot leaner than you let on IMO. Maybe i've told you that before via PM... but it's the truth.

thanks to yall, i am working on it!!!! i still have a long way to go on this journey and feel like i will get there soon enough. i am almost settled in, somewhat, and still want to bring my mountain bike over here because there are tons of places to ride! i would be a lot better than this if i wasn't such a socialite!

and yes slim, i can go up to anyone and try to strike up a conversation. not a shy bone in my body!!!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 09-23-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Thread Information