Page 26 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,040 of 4241
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: --->>405<<--- accountability/progress log

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Yeah i think SLDL have to be performed correctly if not i think it would put more pressure on lower back!! Like properly bent back and stickin your butt out when lowering bar, as well as going a few inches past your knees.

Ive dont them with 276 which is heavy for me and no problems with lower back at all

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good to hear about church and still get to work to make some extra money. God is good!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Good news mate, keep on it.

Also good news your thread just hit 1000 posts, well done mate.
    THX Man and u were the 1000th poster.. i askd u this question yesterday but since i have another page ill ask again hoping u see it.. what do u think about me bumping up refeed to 1 every 7 days instead of 14???

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Good to hear about church and still get to work to make some extra money. God is good!
    i know thats rite!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    THX Man and u were the 1000th poster.. i askd u this question yesterday but since i have another page ill ask again hoping u see it.. what do u think about me bumping up refeed to 1 every 7 days instead of 14???
    Try it and see. You know I 'cheat' every Saturday night. It's a controlled cheat over 1 meal only. Though I probably almost double my usual daily fat intake for the day and my carbs probably go up by 30%.

Time to experiment but don't lose sight of the prize.

Yeh i have been doing a little experimenting.. Last week i had a carb load day that turned into a cheat meal day and thrn had another kind of cheat meal(grilld chk breast bone-in and fries baked with alot of ketchup) the next day.. Fat had still gone down 0.33% i suppose it couldve droppd more had i not cheated but it was worth it

Now i gotta get my lazy butt off the couch and do my HIIT!

Alright HIIT is dun dude!

Well prob no lifting today cuz im off work and the gym is 45 mins away.. Was good to get the cardio dun though.. Hadnt done any since friday ...

Also got 10hrs of sleep last nite and gonna be lazy and lay on the couch all day today

And just that quik i now have to be at work at 1300... So much for lazy butt on the couch all day maybe now ill get my liftn dun too..

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    way to stay on top of things!

Thx cajun good to see u man

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    Nice job on the bf loss 405! You seem to be very motivated! I'll be following...

Thx brn girl yes very motivated ... Just finishd doing chest and bis.. Had a great wkout.. Went up on reps again for set to failure.. Tbody i think im gonna have to go to 75lb DBs next week as i got 20 reps in all 3 of my last sets incline,flat,and decline.. I would consider 80s but theyre rickety and my shoulderS def dont need to be pumping rickety 80lb DBs ...

SteM i have a question for ya.. Theres a lady who thinks she knows everything in the gym that told me eating 100g carbs is bad for me in the sense that i need 1g carb for every lb of bodyweight and i need to chk my blood sugar to mAke sure im not walkn around hypogly***ic which could be bad for metabolism and thyroid function?? Now let me say my baseline TSH was 0.73 in october(a few weeks after i started my cut) and as of 2 weeks ago it was 1.3 ... Could there be a correlAtion?? So basically my thyroid has slowed down ...

Thx brn girl yes very motivated ... Just finishd doing chest and bis.. Had a great wkout.. Went up on reps again for set to failure.. Tbody i think im gonna have to go to 75lb DBs next week as i got 20 reps in all 3 of my last sets incline,flat,and decline.. I would consider 80s but theyre rickety and my shoulderS def dont need to be pumping rickety 80lb DBs ...
    Go to the 75's and let me know how that works.

Will do

Ready to get off work.. I need meal 6 LOL IM HUNGRY ...

SteM i have a question for ya.. Theres a lady who thinks she knows everything in the gym that told me eating 100g carbs is bad for me in the sense that i need 1g carb for every lb of bodyweight and i need to chk my blood sugar to mAke sure im not walkn around hypogly***ic which could be bad for metabolism and thyroid function?? Now let me say my baseline TSH was 0.73 in october(a few weeks after i started my cut) and as of 2 weeks ago it was 1.3 ... Could there be a correlAtion?? So basically my thyroid has slowed down ...
    Numbers are thrown about and recommended but everything has to 'fit' the individual.

Your refeed is designed so your metabolism isn't impacted/slowed too much. If there was no refeed I may have insisted you follow my original suggestion of approx 160-180g carbs per day. Which is approx 1g/lb of your approx goal weight.

What did your Quack say about your thyroid test results? Any TRT reason why they would change?

Re-feed! Re-feed! Re-feed!

I need to ask doc that question..Will prob send an email today asking just that.. He put me on armour thyroid.. Done some research and decided to take first pill today.. Thyroid is a totally difft animal than test levels now i have something else i have to learn.. Apparently mt free T3 isnt optimal andnhes going to optimize it.. Talkd to a few people on here about it..

This lady i told u about is a busybody that thinks she knows everything

now a cheat meal thats not necessarily loaded with carbs wouldnt acfomplish the same thing as a carb load would it? Even if it high in say fat and calories?

Is it something special about the abundance of carbs and not necessarily an abundance of calories??

I need to ask doc that question..Will prob send an email today asking just that.. He put me on armour thyroid.. Done some research and decided to take first pill today.. Thyroid is a totally difft animal than test levels now i have something else i have to learn.. Apparently mt free T3 isnt optimal andnhes going to optimize it.. Talkd to a few people on here about it..

This lady i told u about is a busybody that thinks she knows everything

now a cheat meal thats not necessarily loaded with carbs wouldnt acfomplish the same thing as a carb load would it? Even if it high in say fat and calories?

Is it something special about the abundance of carbs and not necessarily an abundance of calories??
    Some peolpe read a book/magazine and know everything. Thouhg she's not wholly incorrect there is a world of difference in real life application especially as other factors need to be taken into consideration.

Cheat meal is not a refeed no. A refeed should be over most of the day rather than 1 meal.

Mate, if you're concerned have a week where you have 40g carbs in your first 4 meals of the day and not in the final 2 (other than veggies). You may gain 'weight' but that'll just be water in the muscles and should, in theory, make you stronger in the gym too. I'd prob lower your protein (to 240gish) and fat (to45g) intake so cals aren't boosted too much if at all.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 01-17-2012 at 11:04 AM.

ye its funny u mention that.. i was talkn to tbody in his thread and he suggested maybe take a week off the gym and as he put it "eat like a beast" and then come back in with a new wkout and back on diet.. now lets me say i dont interpret eat like a beast to mean have 7 cheat days or even have 7 cheat meals.. but im wondering ur thoughts on this.. seeing as how ive been on a cut for 16 weeks and been lifting 4days/week every week i wondered if u thought this mite be to my advantage? never really considered it .. what are ur thoughts?

I usually take a week off the gym every 12 weeks or so. Usually enforced by holiday/illness/need for rest. So yep, take a week off lifting, change your macro split as suggested and see how you feel/look. Maybe just do some light/moderate cardio to keep yourself ticking over. Wait til you finish your current lifting programme and then do it.

Ha ha, you'll need the rest after/before Tbody has done with you!

I would be scare to take a week completely off from gym and diet after all accomplished. I would lay off weights and just do cardio and change the diet, not recommending this just saying as far as myself, i would definitely be to scared.

I usually take a week off the gym every 12 weeks or so. Usually enforced by holiday/illness/need for rest. So yep, take a week off lifting, change your macro split as suggested and see how you feel/look. Maybe just do some light/moderate cardio to keep yourself ticking over. Wait til you finish your current lifting programme and then do it.

Ha ha, you'll need the rest after/before Tbody has done with you!
    yeh thats what i was thinking of doing(cardio)

def will need to rest up for tbodys workouts he puts together some good ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    I would be scare to take a week completely off from gym and diet after all accomplished. I would lay off weights and just do cardio and change the diet, not recommending this just saying as far as myself, i would definitely be to scared.
    yeh pap just from the gym.. diet will stay relatively the same except bump carbs up to 160g per day.. prob drop fat down a touch.. or maybe not who knows... i dont think 60g carbs is gonna put me outside maintenance cals.. may reduce PB from 32 g to 16g... just give the old body some rest and nourishment and start again ...

well i didnt get to bed til 0030 so no cardio this am.. wasnt gonna do it with only 4hrs sleep.. still lookn leaner in the mirror.. lunch:back/tris... morning

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    well i didnt get to bed til 0030 so no cardio this am.. wasnt gonna do it with only 4hrs sleep.. still lookn leaner in the mirror.. lunch:back/tris... morning
    Leaner, me liky

good stuff. so are you saying you are taking a week off or you are planning on scheduling taking a week off from lifting?

no im not takn this week off cuz i already started it.. i will take next week off from lifting and manipulate macros a touch and just do cardio.. although i dunno..stem suggested i drop protein down to 240g i think..i kinda like my protein at 300 not saying hes incorrect mind you about me dropping it to compensate.. just thinking since ive been in a deficit for 4 months im wondering if it mite do me some good to run a little closer to maintanence for the week i take off???

If you leave protein and fats as they are and increase carbs by, say, 80g per day, that's an additional 320cals per day x 7 = 2240cals. Also you will not be lifting for your usual 4 days which will put you down about 1600ish cals. That gives you a net gain of cals for the week at almost 4000, approx 600 extra cals per day. It is a refeed and, if you want to keep your protein where it is then so be it. Just don't fall into the trap of being scared to 'let go' of your protein.

If you do keep protein where it is you MUST drop your fat to 45 g per day max. If it means you have to drop your PB then drop it. It's only for 7 days.

yeh i suppose there is a certain amt of not wanting to let go of the protein.. but the main reason i was thinking bout staying the same with it is cuz i like to eat! carb-wise i was thinking 160g/day...which would put me around 2400cals/day.. bmr is @2050 thats only 350 over bmr plus not taking into consideration cardio.. (now mind u im not being argumentative, obviously i know u know more than me which is why im asking u) im just noting my thought process so u can see how i think about it...

IMO, if you spend this much time stressing about the time off and planning it just like you plan your time on then it's like vacationing in paradise and calling into work and keeping them on blue-tooth 24/7 just like you were there....NOT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE! Take an entire week off, guilt free, stress free, workout free, diet free, PERIOD!

I like the way u think tbody!!

Now r u gonna be able to give me a new workout for when i start back?? I knownu mentioned focus on the tops of shoulders and traps.. I also need to work on pecs and lats.. I dunno if 1 bodypart/day 5 day wkout would be better?? Like chest:back:legs:arms:shoulders.... Ur the workout guy lats,traps,pecs.. I think biggest lagging areas.. Ill post some pics if ud like... Only thing is i still have some fat to lose.. So i dunno if ill be Able to grow and drop fat.. Prob not..

Now r u gonna be able to give me a new workout for when i start back?? I knownu mentioned focus on the tops of shoulders and traps.. I also need to work on pecs and lats.. I dunno if 1 bodypart/day 5 day wkout would be better?? Like chest:back:legs:arms:shoulders.... Ur the workout guy lats,traps,pecs.. I think biggest lagging areas.. Ill post some pics if ud like... Only thing is i still have some fat to lose.. So i dunno if ill be Able to grow and drop fat.. Prob not..

I will design a program and explain why I do the things I do. IMO you shouldn't focus on too much at once, so we will pick up the most lagging area and work with the new workout for 2 months and then change it up again. Post those pics, total body front side and rear, show the legs, wear the bikini!

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I will design a program and explain why I do the things I do. IMO you shouldn't focus on too much at once, so we will pick up the most lagging area and work with the new workout for 2 months and then change it up again. Post those pics, total body front side and rear, show the legs, wear the bikini!
    Please, Lord, wax first if you do this!

Quote Originally Posted by SteM

Hahahahahaha

Yes, wax or shave, but no body oil, that would just be gay!

LOL SteM!! U guys r funny i have some pics i took last nite but i hadnt shaven.. Thats really gonna be weird for me.. I dont know how the wifeis gonna feel about it.. When i askd her to shave my back she was like "why?" i think tat was more out of suspicion though cuz i never wanted to do it before.. I do not like all the hair... Maybe ill do it i won wear any bikini though.. Shave or no shave.. Ill get it dun rite now i need protein.. Just finishd HIIT..

Shave it....Shave it....Shave it!!!

hahahahaha

Thread Information