Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    BrownGirl is offline Female Member

~ Browngirl's fitness log ~

Since it's a new year, I figured I should officially start a log just to keep me motivated and accountable. This way I have all my stuff in one place. This has my current workout routine, diet and pictures. The pictures are from a few weeks ago and I think I've put on a little bit of muscle even though I don't think I'd be able to see the difference in a pic. The diet has been tweaked several times and every week I change my food but stay at around the same macros. I had lost about 15lbs before I started my lean bulk and now I've gained about 1.5lbs. (Hopefully muscle) Last summer I felt awful not being able to be proud of how I looked so I'm hoping this year it'll be different. My goal is to gain a few more pounds of muscle and also get my butt looking great! (All us girls want that I guess) Please feel free to give any suggestions, advice or critiques.

WORKOUT:

Warm up - 3 min on elliptical

Legs:

Squats 3 sets 15-20 reps perform these all by themselves, little rest between sets 90 secs
    Stiff legged deadlifts 15-20 reps supersetted with calf raises 3x21 (7/7/7-toes in/heels out-toes out/heels in-toes and heels lined up)

Back/Chest:

Pull-ups 3 sets w/bodyweight to failure supersetted with flat barbell Bench Press 3 sets 12-15 reps
    bent rows 3 sets 12-15 reps supersetted with Incline Bench Press 3 sets 12-15 reps

Shoulders/Abs:

Military Press 3 sets 12-15 reps Supersetted with Crunches 3 sets to failure
    Upright rows 3 sets 20-25 reps supersetted with hanging leg lifts 3 sets to failure

Triceps/Biceps:
    skull crushers 3 sets 12-15 reps supersetted with Barbell Curls 3 sets 12-15 reps

20 Min HIIT Cardio

Diet:

LIFT DAYS:

Meal 1 - 10am

Egg Whites - 2
    Onions
    Serrano Peppers
    Tomatoes
    Cheese - Reduced fat
    Oats - 1/2 Cup
    Sugar Free Jam

Cal:324 / Fat: 9 / Carbs: 40 / P: 24

Meal 2 - 12pm

Iso 100 Protein Shake - 1 Scoop
    Peanut Butter - 1 TBS

Cal:200 / Fat: 8 / Carbs: 4 / P: 28

Meal 3 - 2pm

Chicken Chili
    Sweet Potato - 1/4 lb

Cal:331.75 / Fat: 3.75 / Carbs: 42 / P: 32.75

Meal 4 - 4pm

Red Lentil Soup 1 Serving
    Sweet Potato - 1/4 lb

Cal:321 / Fat: 5 / Carbs: 55 / P: 17

Meal 5 - 6pm

Pancakes made with:
    Oats
    Eggs
    Isopure
    Sugar free maple syrup

Cal:277.5 / Fat: 3.25 / Carbs: 30 / P: 26.5

WORKOUT / 20 min HIIT Cardio - BCAA's

Meal 6 - 8pm

Casein Protein Shake
    Half a Banana

Cal:172.5 / Fat: 1 / Carbs: 16.5 / P: 24.5

TOTAL: Cal - 1626.75 / Fat - 30 / Carbs - 187.5 / P - 152.75

Split: 16.60/46.10/37.56

NON LIFT DAYS(Cardio only):

8.30am - 9.00am FASTED CARDIO

Meal 1 - 10am

Egg Whites - 3
    Onions
    Peppers
    Tomatoes
    Cheese - Reduced fat

Cal:154 / Fat: 6 / Carbs: 8 / P: 19

Meal 2 - 12pm

Iso 100 Protein Shake - 1 Scoop
    Peanut Butter - 1 TBS

Cal:200 / Fat: 8 / Carbs: 4 / P: 28

Meal 3 - 2pm

Chicken Chili
    Sweet Potato - 1/4 lb

Cal:331.75 / Fat: 3.75 / Carbs: 42 / P: 32.75

Meal 4 - 4pm

Red Lentil Soup 1 Serving

Cal:218 / Fat: 5 / Carbs: 31 / P: 15

Meal 5 - 6pm

Pancakes made with:
    Oats
    Eggs
    Isopure
    Sugar Free Maple Syrup

Cal:277.5 / Fat: 3.25 / Carbs: 30 / P: 26.5

TOTAL: Cal - 1181.25 / Fat - 26 / Carbs - 115 / P - 151.25

Split: 19.81/38.94/41.06

Doing a cheat meal today. Haven't done one in quite a while. Problem is I always feel awfully guilty that I don't even want one.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I'm watching!

Interested to see how those calories work for you. I was cutting at 1800 calories a day and got stuck around 195. I will need to drop down to 1500 calories to cut further...and that is less than you are eating on lift days!

I know you are doing a clean bulk and I am cutting, but I am constantly amazed at how different we all are.

Thanks JohnnyV! Yeah I know...when I was cutting I was waaay down...I probably should be eating 500 cal above my TDEE, but I don't want to be wrong and gain fat! lol It's so hard to gauge. And since there aren't very many women on here who are bulking, it's even harder! Oh well, I guess it's trial and error for me...

PS: Say hi to your wifey for me!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I think it is like that for everyone. We can't really know how our body will respond to a certain calorie count or macro mix until we give it a couple of weeks and evaluate. I wish there were more women here as my wife constantly asks me things about fitness and dieting that I can only answer from a male point of view.

I will say hi as soon as she walks in the door. You will see me or both of us soon. I will either bring the car by your place, or she will stop by with a shopping list.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    BG, I'm glad you have full embraced the boards and are a positive and consistent contributor so all women can benefit from your personal log.

I have certainly encouraged my wife to create her own ID here and share with all of you herself. She certainly feels as if she knows you all personally from watching all of the threads I regularly read and respond to.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    Thanks JohnnyV! Yeah I know...when I was cutting I was waaay down...I probably should be eating 500 cal above my TDEE, but I don't want to be wrong and gain fat! lol It's so hard to gauge. And since there aren't very many women on here who are bulking, it's even harder! Oh well, I guess it's trial and error for me...

PS: Say hi to your wifey for me!
    very true, but the few here, in your boat are def seasoned with experiance and the great thing with trial n error ~ they are never perminant and you DEF seem the type to get shizzel straitend out fast and back on the track you want

Attachment 119279

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey BG just read over your thread. Looks great, is so good to see more and more female members in here posting knowledgable things. After your last meal on non lifting days how long after until you go to bed? Considered adding a protein shake in before bed, even just WPI?

Anyway Reguardless it looks like you know what your doing so I think you will achieve your goals easy! Good luck

Ms.Magoo is offline Female Member
    Hi lady!! I too just read over your thread and it looks great to me, though I am not the most experienced person here lol. I am sure that if there's anything that needs fixing you will be properly advised. I just wanted to give some words of encouragement....you can do it!!!!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    subscribed

good luck

look great already but admire the passion and will definitely critique on how the glutes are improving

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Hey Bgirl~

So happy to see your log. I promise it is the ultimate secret to success here. It will keep you focused more than just about anything else.

And you already look great IMO. So anything you do will be a bonus.

Wishing you GOOD LUCK and will follow your progress.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    BG, I'm glad you have full embraced the boards and are a positive and consistent contributor so all women can benefit from your personal log.

I have certainly encouraged my wife to create her own ID here and share with all of you herself. She certainly feels as if she knows you all personally from watching all of the threads I regularly read and respond to.
    Thanks TBody. I'm learning a lot on here...lot more to go though!

very true, but the few here, in your boat are def seasoned with experiance and the great thing with trial n error ~ they are never perminant and you DEF seem the type to get shizzel straitend out fast and back on the track you want
    Absolutely! I'm just so worried about getting off track!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
    Hey BG just read over your thread. Looks great, is so good to see more and more female members in here posting knowledgable things. After your last meal on non lifting days how long after until you go to bed? Considered adding a protein shake in before bed, even just WPI?

Anyway Reguardless it looks like you know what your doing so I think you will achieve your goals easy! Good luck

Thanks Dr. Pepper! I eat at 6 and go to sleep around 9/9.30pm. The problem I have with doing more protein is that right now I'm doing twice my LBM (assuming I'm at about 22% bf) and I've been told that I shoudln't do much more than that since it would be useless... I don't know though.

Thanks Ms. Magoo! I appreciate your encouragement!

Jpkman, thanks!!! And lol on your glutes comment.

Thanks SlimmerMe! Yeah I figured this'll make me keep track of what I'm doing...

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Im following just for more pics Only kidding, but you look great... Need to control myself and get back on point LOL

The Training looks on point, I like it, how often are you doing that full body routine?

What is your weekly routine including training and cardio?

Diet looks ok, I would prefer it to be a bit more uniform but I understand that not everyone is a freak like me (Freak in a ''Boring bast*rd way because I eat the same crap all day every day LOL)...... As long as the macros are on point, thats the most important thing TBH... And ur macros look ok...

LOL thanks Baseline!

Actually I forgot to mention in my OP that I do each body part on different days. So Mon - Legs / Tue - Cardio / Wed - Chest, Back / Thur - Cardio / Fri - Shoulders,Abs / Sat - Cardio / Sun - Tri, Bi / Mon - REST.

This is the routine that TBody made for me. It's kicking my butt so far. I'm super exhausted after I'm done especially after the HIIT on top of the supersets.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    LOL thanks Baseline!

Actually I forgot to mention in my OP that I do each body part on different days. So Mon - Legs / Tue - Cardio / Wed - Chest, Back / Thur - Cardio / Fri - Shoulders,Abs / Sat - Cardio / Sun - Tri, Bi / Mon - REST.

This is the routine that TBody made for me. It's kicking my butt so far. I'm super exhausted after I'm done especially after the HIIT on top of the supersets.
    I would split Bi/Tri up and put them in with another bodypart to save on a gym visit just to train arms....

Biceps and Triceps can be trained so quickly I dont see the point in going to the gym to do them...

Just my opinion but I can train biceps in 10-12 mins....

So do u do HIIT PWO on all of you Training days (weight training)

And what is your cardio on non training days?

Well, I do HIIT on everyone of the WO days except Leg days...Man, I can barely walk afterwards anyway! LOL

And on non training days I do 1 hour of fasted cardio. (Low to medium intensity)

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Im following just for more pics Only kidding, but you look great... Need to control myself and get back on point LOL

Watch it Base....LOL J/K

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Watch it Base....LOL J/K
    Lol...

I dont know really about judging woman's bodyfat but in those pics it doesn't look like your 22%... Looks a lot less IMO. But I could be wrong. How are u measuring it?

We were basing it off of some comments given in a thread she started. Most guessed her to be around that.

Well, the calipers are telling me I'm way lower but I'm pretty sure I'm not that low. Plus TBody said that I was probably in the low 20's. He was saying that it's hard to gauge women's bodyfat because we look skinnier with a higher bf than men.

Ladyblahblah is offline Female Member
    If you get off track just get back on it asap. Life happens and you're only human. But let's not worry about that unless you come to that bridge, k? Looks like you have a great support system here and at home....I think you'll be just fine

You look great girl and congrats on your initial weight loss! I'll be following ~ look forward to seeing your progress. : )

LOL thanks Baseline!

I am so sorry that I wasn't clear. The workout routine is a total body routine that you perform completely every time you go to the gym, it isn't supposed to be split up. You should be able to workout your entire body in 45 minutes to an hour, and you should be working out your whole body three days a week, so Mon-Entire Workout/Tue - Cardio/Wed-Entire Workout/Thu - Cardio/Fri - Entire Workout/Sat - Cardio/Sun- Rest Then...REPEAT. I would not recommend any cardio after this workout. You could do fasted cardio in the am on those days, but absolutely wouldn't think you'd be up for HIIT after one of these workouts. I almost always puked or came close to it on everyone of these workouts.

I am so sorry that I wasn't clear. The workout routine is a total body routine that you perform completely every time you go to the gym, it isn't supposed to be split up. You should be able to workout your entire body in 45 minutes to an hour, and you should be working out your whole body three days a week, so Mon-Entire Workout/Tue - Cardio/Wed-Entire Workout/Thu - Cardio/Fri - Entire Workout/Sat - Cardio/Sun- Rest Then...REPEAT. I would not recommend any cardio after this workout. You could do fasted cardio in the am on those days, but absolutely wouldn't think you'd be up for HIIT after one of these workouts. I almost always puked or came close to it on everyone of these workouts.
    I'm gonna kill you Tbody...FVCK!!!! lol. No worries at least it's only been 2 weeks. I can't imagine doing this leg workout 3 days a week. It's gonna kill me!!!! How the hell am I gonna carry browngirl out of the gym if I can't walk.

This is gonna be fun.

Oh crap!!!!! I guess I totally messed up!!! Oh wow I can't imagine doing all of this in one workout!! I'm definitely gonna puke// Haha Alright...so I'm not going to fret. Gonna regroup and start this tomorrow or Saturday. Ahhh I'm such an idiot!
    Last edited by BrownGirl; 01-05-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks Ladyblahblah...I know, I do have a great support system. Thanks all! (Including my honey Slfmade)

Sorry kids, but you know the old saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"

Sorry kids, but you know the old saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"
    Kanye West said that too and he's a D-Bag. But I get what you're saying...LOL

I don't like talking bad about people, but I agree with your assessment of Mr. West. Of course the saying's been around alot longer than that young man. I do promise you will add muscle on the program.

Well in the last 2 weeks we've been doing the program (even though we've been doing it wrong) I've gained almost 3lbs and my calipers aren't showing any increase in BF. So I'm happy...or at least I was until you told me we need to start over.

We did legs tonight, and I was telling Browngirl how happy I was that we only had 5 more leg workouts. Now you tell me I have 24 more. So 0 weeks down and 8 to go! Yippee!

Seriously tho. Whatever it takes. We're both very determined.

I did the exact program you are on for 8 weeks solid, sun/tue/thu for about an hour each workout, from lift to lift to lift and gained 33lbs in that time, went from 11%bf to 14% when I was 21 years old.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Goodluck Browngirl. Rather than doing that whole body every workout, maybe at least split it upper and lower alternating. I only like full body workouts for total depletion before a carb up. I think 3 workouts a week is ideal Legs/back&Bi's/chest,delts&tri's for your goals. Incorporate deads once a month (on legs or back day), and use alot of compound movements. Diet and cardio looks GTG.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Stopping in to say you are inspiring us all and keep it up BGirl. You got it going for sure!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

I agree, I'm really excited to see your results from performing the workouts as prescribed

Tbody, so I trust your judgement and everything and you obviously know WAY more than I do; However, working out the same body part 3 times a week goes against everything I've ever been told. How is this not overtraining? I know we're only doing a couple exercises per bodypart, but these muscles are exhausted by the time we finish. Also, I can't imagine not dropping bodyfat with this routine. So far even when we were only doing 2 body parts every other day, I felt like I had just run HIIT. This is gonna be like a 45-60 min HIIT session. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem at all losing bodyfat, but I feel like I'm gonna have to run 1k calories above maintenance for me not to lose weight.

Again, I trust your judgement, but I've never been the guy to do something because somebody told me to. I have to know why and how. I need to understand. Does that make sense? I appreciate your help.

The program has been run for years, and I persoally vouch for it working in the real world. The original program is called "High Intensity" and the theory is that your body never adjusts to the program so it is always confusing the CNS. Some people have run this exact program for twenty years and still get results. I personally gained 33 lbs in 8 weeks on this program. It seems ideal for a bulk phase because your body needs to be fed to grow, since you are tearing the muscle down every 48 hours three times a week and then giving it that extra 24 hours once every week it just grows like crazy. Our bodies can handle way more than we think they can. GB can chime in here too, but I'm certain that he said Nark has him on a similar program and he has the legit credentials to back up what he prescribes. If you haven't already checked out the physique transformation contest thread you will aslo see real people that used this program and the results they made with it. There are a lot of people here with a lot of knowledge and sometimes we have dramatically differing opinions on our approach to producing the desired results. I've personally been training for 30 years, been a personal trainier for 20 years, certified for 6 or 7 years and made a living at it for a few years during that time, not to mention owned my own gym.

I will absolutely stand behind this program producing the results you want without overtraining you, money-back guarantee.

Thanks auslifta! I appreciate your input!

SlimmerMe, thank you so much...that's very kind of you! You are as well though!

TBody, I'm terrified of how this workout's gonna make me feel but I'm excited too! Muscle mass, here I come!

The program has been run for years, and I persoally vouch for it working in the real world. The original program is called "High Intensity" and the theory is that your body never adjusts to the program so it is always confusing the CNS. Some people have run this exact program for twenty years and still get results. I personally gained 33 lbs in 8 weeks on this program. It seems ideal for a bulk phase because your body needs to be fed to grow, since you are tearing the muscle down every 48 hours three times a week and then giving it that extra 24 hours once every week it just grows like crazy. Our bodies can handle way more than we think they can. GB can chime in here too, but I'm certain that he said Nark has him on a similar program and he has the legit credentials to back up what he prescribes. If you haven't already checked out the physique transformation contest thread you will aslo see real people that used this program and the results they made with it. There are a lot of people here with a lot of knowledge and sometimes we have dramatically differing opinions on our approach to producing the desired results. I've personally been training for 30 years, been a personal trainier for 20 years, certified for 6 or 7 years and made a living at it for a few years during that time, not to mention owned my own gym.

I will absolutely stand behind this program producing the results you want without overtraining you, money-back guarantee.
    Good enough for me...I'll send you a dollar. hehe

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Hey browngirl, I'm subscribed and will keep updated on your progress. Looking good.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information