Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    lucyluciano is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    16 Days actually and not only lean mass. Just read above...

Well I was surprised too when I jumped on the balance.
    One explanation could be due to the fact I reached naturally two years ago 210,1lbs, 17,5% bf.
    So, the organism just took me back to that point (muscolar memory) with less fat and the same water percentage (I eat clean and high on daily calories). Anyway, I already improved my lean mass but I guess the effect of oxandrolone will be seen, if any, from now on since I never went above that weight.
    I'll see.
    15 lbs in two weeks are impossible from VAR. Muscle memory would not apply if your diet and training were in check before you started your cycle which they should have been anyway and you should already know this judging by all the info you post. If you BLEW UP by 15 lbs in 2 weeks it would not be LBM it would be glycogen and water but definitely not from VAR. I have not run Var but do have experience with other more powerfull orals. Var is at the bottom of the list forthese types of gains. The only explanation is that you mistakenly have a bottle full of Superdrol with a Var lable. LOL! SD could provide these gains but it's only glycogen & water not LBM. LBM comes in much slower. 15 lbs in 2 weeks is reserved for the strongest compounds and most with experience will tell you this. We don't want noobs thinking they will gain 15 lbs on Var let alone in two weeks. Highly suspect here no matter what you say!

thai-lan is offline Member
    lol you didnt put on 15lbs lean body mass... quit lying

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by thai-lan View Post
    lol you didnt put on 15lbs lean body mass... quit lying
    I have no idea what people you know or deal with but I am not a lier.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyluciano View Post
    15 lbs in two weeks are impossible from VAR. I would not use "impossible" but rather improbable. Muscle memory would not apply if your diet and training were in check before you started your cycle which they should have been anyway and you should already know this judging by all the info you post. What are you talking about, do you know what "muscle memory means"? If you BLEW UP by 15 lbs in 2 weeks it would not be LBM it would be glycogen and water but definitely not from VAR. I raised also my fat too, so it is not 15lbs LBM ony but it is not surely just water otherwise I could not be able to go over the max weights I lifted in my past training experience and mostly, could not be able to fight at the same speed and with the same flexibility I used to do 20 days ago with 15lbs less. I have not run Var but do have experience with other more powerfull orals. Var is at the bottom of the list forthese types of gains. The only explanation is that you mistakenly have a bottle full of Superdrol with a Var lable. LOL! SD could provide these gains but it's only glycogen & water not LBM. LBM comes in much slower. Only new lean mass comes in slowly. That's why I was talking about muscle memory, because I just got back to my previous weight fastly but with less body fact. 15 lbs in 2 weeks is reserved for the strongest compounds and most with experience will tell you this. We don't want noobs thinking they will gain 15 lbs on Var let alone in two weeks. Dont' tell me since I am the first who wants to give right info and this thread has had this meaning from the beginning. I haven't seen so many people "wasting" their times sharing their experiences so deeply like I am doing. But newbies must know about muscle memory real meaning and understand that, as already written, the real "deal" with oxandrolone will be from now on since I already am stonger than ever before but my weight is still within the genetic limit. Highly suspect here no matter what you say! "no matter what you say", Who are you, God incarnate?
    When I do something I am really fussy, so I'll get informed if it is possible to undergo a specific blood check for knowing the kind of steroid flowing into my veins.
    This is the suggestion, in case, I would have giving you. Something structural.

I am racing with nobody here in this forum, the race is with myself only, and my genetic limit.
    I say this because only a few of you have the will to speak with me, all the rest want only to "fight" all the time.
    Last edited by BJJ; 10-10-2009 at 12:53 PM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Guys, BJJ is trying to do us a favor with this post/logs. Lets not go calling him a liar because he is having great gains.

Dont think it's only the Var, if his diet is in check and he has a really good routine and changed up recently it's not impossible for him to have those gains. It just shows his dedication.

Congratulations on your results and keep up the good work.

im not hating on you but you are giving false information , you didnt put on 15pounds of muscle mass. Yes you put on 15pounds but only 5lbs muscle mass.

let us know about the bloodwork

lucyluciano is offline New Member
    im not hating on you but you are giving false information , you didnt put on 15pounds of muscle mass. Yes you put on 15pounds but only 5lbs muscle mass.

+1! Var did not put on 15 lbs. Perhaps it was your diet and training that brought you back to your previous weight!? But if you are as fussy as you say you are then you would already know that your diet and training should have been on track before you started with Roids! Fine, I admit that many use a cycle to re-motivate themselves and get back to their BEST but 15 lbs in two weeks.

Not dissing you...just pointing out what the experienced here already know and trying to not mislead those considering the juice.
    Let me describe what 8 lbs in 30 days looks like and feels like for me!

>massive skin splitting pumps during a workout to the point of pain from the glycogen and water being shuttled to the swelling muscles.
    >increased vascularity in arms and chest (body type dependant)
    >swollen muscle bellies to the point where others in the gym stare and notice the difference and some actually know I am ON.
    >of course....increase in strength and lifts by 10-20%.
    >because of the muscles swelling, all my close fit tighter! almost too tight!

This is from only 7-8 lbs in 30 days!

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    If his diet is in point and probably was before the var ... And his habits are good and he has been that weight before it can be done .... The guy has absolutely no need to lie... He is trying to inform people what happened to HIM while on var not what should the expectations be on var

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Remeber guys we also can fluctuate 4+ lbs in one day so it's not impossible.

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    ... I think you just have to start using your head bro.

"have taken 15 lbs in 2 weeks, mostly lean mass." - BJJ.

Ya, ok. LOL.

I love how it keeps getting racked up as "muscle memory."

BJJ why don't you post a picture. 15 pounds will be very noticeable. lol.

BJJ
    Guys, BJJ is trying to do us a favor with this post/logs. Lets not go calling him a liar because he is having great gains.

Dont think it's only the Var, if his diet is in check and he has a really good routine and changed up recently it's not impossible for him to have those gains. It just shows his dedication.

Congratulations on your results and keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by elpropiotorvic View Post
    If his diet is in point and probably was before the var ... And his habits are good and he has been that weight before it can be done .... The guy has absolutely no need to lie... He is trying to inform people what happened to HIM while on var not what should the expectations be on var
    Thank you very much guys I appreciate it, at least you lovbyts and you elpropiotorvic understand the meaning of my thread.

BJJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian-Man View Post
    ... I think you just have to start using your head bro.

"have taken 15 lbs in 2 weeks, mostly lean mass." - BJJ.

Ya, ok. LOL.

I love how it keeps getting racked up as "muscle memory."

BJJ why don't you post a picture. 15 pounds will be very noticeable. lol.

1. I am not giving false information.
    2. I never said I have put only lean mass but I have written "I have got lean mass and also fat, so I have to check back my diet".

I do not like people who try to jeopardize my work (whatever it is) but mostly I do not want to appear the "lier" in here, because I am not.
    I believe you have to watch your mouth before saying things like that about a person you do not know.

To make you SHUT once for all, you and all of your friends, I have posted my last BMI/BMC (just a brief page) taken in September 2009 just a couple of weeks before starting the cycle, the 23rd. You'll see I was 188,32 lbs (85,6kg) with 12,7bf.
    Then, I also posted a pic just taken from my little Tanita I use at home, to show you my weight right now, considering I ate 2 hours ago and were wearing my pigiama.

Respect this thread.
    Last edited by BJJ; 11-10-2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: pics deleted

BJJ
    Well said

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by elpropiotorvic View Post
    ...He is trying to inform people what happened to HIM while on var not what should the expectations be on var
    Exactly!!!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    well I for one appreciate you taking the time to keep up this log. just because anavar doesn't appeal to some doesn't mean it's not a viable compound for others.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    well I for one appreciate you taking the time to keep up this log. just because anavar doesn't appeal to some doesn't mean it's not a viable compound for others.
    Thank you.

You have the ugliest feet I have ever seen on a human....or animal for that matter
    none the less cool thread and I appreciate you sharing your progress

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian meat View Post
    You have the ugliest feet I have ever seen on a human...
    thank you

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian meat View Post
    You have the ugliest feet I have ever seen on a human....or animal for that matternone the less cool thread and I appreciate you sharing your progress
    LOL that is just wrong

arch is offline Junior Member
    keep up the good work

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by arch View Post
    keep up the good work
    thanks

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyluciano View Post

Var did not put on 15 lbs. Perhaps it was your diet and training that brought you back to your previous weight!?
    Said in this way it has a meaning and I also believe, as previously stated, that var gave me strength so far and help me to get back really quickly to my "genetic" limit. That's it.
    I have to go over that weight keeping at least my bf at the same level, to see real signs of oxandrolone.

Not dissing you...just pointing out what the experienced here already know and trying to not mislead those considering the juice.
    I am misleading nobody here, I am just reporting my experience.

>massive skin splitting pumps during a workout to the point of pain from the glycogen and water being shuttled to the swelling muscles.
    did happen

>increased vascularity in arms and chest (body type dependant)
    did happen but not in chest

>swollen muscle bellies to the point where others in the gym stare and notice the difference and some actually know I am ON.
    no sir, not with var at least, you are speaking about test, related and hgh. var does not retain water, in fact the balance speaks clear, weight and bf increased, water no.

>of course....increase in strength and lifts by 10-20%. around 20-25%

>because of the muscles swelling, all my close fit tighter! almost too tight!
    this happened to me naturally, no big deal
    bold

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Bump for great informed thread

BJJ

Week 3

Day1
    60 oxa - 3.436 Kcal - (Biceps & Triceps, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu)
    Sides & Notes: Nil

Day2
    60 oxa - 3.550 Kcal - (Back, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu)
    Sides & Notes: Bursts of Heat

Day3
    60 oxa - 3.199 Kcal - (Rest)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Appetite, Diarrhea, Tiredness

Day4
    60 oxa - 3.340 Kcal - (Legs)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Appetite, Diarrhea, Tiredness, Face Swelling, 4 mg Loperamide

Day5
    60 oxa - 2.799 Kcal - (Rest)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Appetite, Diarrhea, Tiredness, Face Swelling, Yellow Skin (left biceps & shoulder), 4 mg Loperamide, 25.000 iu Neomycin

Day6
    60 oxa - 3.646 Kcal - (Chest)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Appetite, Tiredness, Yellow Skin, 1 gr Acetylsalicy Acid

Day7
    60 oxa - 3.912 Kcal - (Shoulders)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Appetite, Yellow Skin, 600 mg Acetylcysteine

Daily Average KCalories Intake: 3.411

1ST WEEK NOTES
    The first week was very hard to go through. No will to eat at all and lots of problem to understand if the diarrhea was due from oxandrolone or liv.52; also I got a persistent sore throat.
    The strength increase was considerable, especially on legs and shoulders.
    As daily supplements throughout the cycle: (Multi Vitamins/Minerals 1 tb, Vitamin C/Ester 3 gr, EFA complex 6 gr, ALA 600 mg, LIV.52 2 tabs, CLA 4 gr, ZMA, Tribulus Terrestris 3 gr, Chromium Picolinate 400 mcg, Acetyl L-Carnitine 600 mg, Coenzyme Q10, Glutamine 35 gr, BCAA 20 gr, MT Gakic Hardcore 8 tbs (only before w/o), UN Animal Flex 1 pckt.

Day 8
    60 oxa - 2.415 Kcal - (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Appetite,Tiredness, 25.000 iu Neomycin, 4 mg Loperamide, 600 mg Acetylcysteine

Day 9
    60 oxa - 3.400 Kcal - (Biceps & Triceps)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Appetite

Day 10
    60 oxa - 2.760 Kcal - (Cardio 35’)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Appetite

Day 11
    60 oxa - 4.208 Kcal - (Legs)
    Sides & Notes: Oxandrolone kicked in

Day 12
    60 oxa - 3.332 Kcal - (Rest)

Day 13
    60 oxa - 3.645 Kcal - (Back)

Day 14
    60 oxa - 3.976 Kcal - (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Libido (only on request)

Daily Average KCalories Intake: 3.392

2ND WEEK NOTES
    At day 11 finally Anavar showed me its potentiality by improving my strength incredibly. Not only the power to lift was improved but also the reps needed to exhaust the muscles.
    Furthermore, I am starving again especially after the work-outs.
    The diarrhea was given by Liv.52. I solved the problem by taking only 1 tab in the morning.

Day 15

60 oxa – 3.698 Kcal – (Chest)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Libido (only on request), Back pain on the lumbar right region

Day 16

60 oxa – 3.645 Kcal – (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Libido (only on request), Back pain on the lumbar right region

Updated Stats (from the beginning):
    BW: 94,5 kg (207,9 lbs) +8,62%, BF: 14% +8,52%, WTR: 63,6% +0,63%, EMM: 77,3 kg (170,6 lbs) +5,17%
    (data given by Tanita BC-418)

Day 17

60 oxa – 3.591 Kcal – (Shoulders)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Libido (only on request), Diarrhea, 4 mg Loperamide

Day 18

60 oxa – 3.016 Kcal – (Rest)

Blood analyses results to be compared with the ones taken before the cycle.

CHOLESTEROL TTL: 168 mg/dl (after: 179)
    CHOLESTEROL HDL: 41 mg/dl (after: 13) (range >=40)
    INDEX RISK HDL: 4,1 (after: 13,76) (range till 5)
    CHOLESTEROL LDL: 105 mg/dl (after: 157) (range 130-159, elevated borderline)
    BILIRUBIN TTL: 1,98 mg/dl (after: 0,83) (range 0,2-1)
    BILIRUBIN DIRECT: 0,22 mg/dl (after: 0,1) (range 0,05-0,3)
    BILIRUBIN INDIRECT: 1,76 mg/dl (after: 0,73) (range till 0,7)
    CREATININE: 1,2 mg/dl (after: 1,2) (range 0,8-1,3)
    AZOTEMIA: 49 mg/dl (after: 62) (range 15-40)
    AMYLASE: 62 u/ltr (after: 55) (range 25-115)
    TRANSAMINASE GPT/ALT: 41 u/ltr (after: 86) (range 30-65)
    TRANSAMINASE GOT/AST: 21 u/ltr (after: 55) (range 15-37)
    GAMMA (YGT): 28 u/ltr (after: 29) (range 15-85)

INSULIN : 3,34 micru/ml (after: 3,6) (range 1,9-23)
    IGF1: (184) (range 96-424)
    TESTOSTERONE TTL: 3,86 ng/ml (after: 0,72) (range 1,75-7,81)
    TESTOSTERONE FREE: 11,7 pg/ml (after: 5,2) (range 8-47)
    SHBG: 38 pg/ml (after: 10) (range 13-71)
    FSH: 2,92 micru/ml (after: 2,09) (range 1,27-19,26)
    LH: 3,80 miu/ml (after: 2,19) (range 1,24-8,62)
    DHEAS: 191 mcg/dl (after: 209) (range 106-464)
    HGH: 0,2 ng/ml (after: <0,1) (range 0,0-10)

Day 19

60 oxa – 3.125 Kcal – (Biceps & Triceps)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Libido (only on request)

Day 20

60 oxa – 3.332 Kcal – (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Libido (only on request), Sinusitis, 400 mg Acetylsalicy Acid

Day 21

60 oxa – 3.129 Kcal – (Rest)
    Sides & Notes: Loss of Libido (only on request), Sinusitis, Headache, 2 gr Paracetamol, 500 mg Acetylcysteine Antibiotic, 600 mg Acetylcysteine

Daily Average KCalories Intake: 3.362

3RD WEEK NOTES
    I understood that the best time to take oxandrolone is after the meals, not before or during, otherwise I get diarrhea and this apart from ingesting Liv.52.
    Unfortunately, I got a bit sick yesterday and today is even worse. Every year I suffer from sinusitis which I hope to cure as fast as possible.
    In regards of the results of blood analyses above reported, my bilirubin values decreased within the normal range, as expected. Oxandrolone seems "to cure" Gilberts's syndrome (which I have).
    Of course, either LDL, HDL and Transaminase went up; as well as azotemia which was already a bit higher and surely it could not start declining during the cycle.
    Strangely, creatinine stayed at the same level but this is good in relation with azotemia.
    What I do not understand are the values related to LH, FSH and HGH compared with DHEAS. Hopefully my endocrinologist, if not someone in here before, will explain this issue.
    Last edited by BJJ; 10-23-2009 at 07:05 AM. Reason: updating

BJJ
    I am taking 2 gr of Paracetamol per day as well as 500 mg Acetylcysteine Antibiotic via fomentation inhalator.

There should be no adverse interaction with oxandrolone, except that both drugs used to treat sinusitis are metabolized by the liver!
    Furthermore, I am not only losing mucus but also blood from my nose. Two days ago I received a blow with the knee in my face around the right zygoma. Perhaps, the blood is due by that but I am not sure abou it.

Anyone experienced anything similar or have any advices? Thank you, I appreciate it.

arch is offline Junior Member
    damn that sucks i train bjj about 4-5xs a week soon to be a brown belt. what type of training are you doing to get knee'd in the head?

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wish i responded to Var the way you are. Do you have any pics of your progress

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by arch View Post
    damn that sucks i train bjj about 4-5xs a week soon to be a brown belt. what type of training are you doing to get knee'd in the head?
    No training it was a fight. I was undertaken to an electric chair and to avoid the related submission I was hit.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    I wish i responded to Var the way you are. Do you have any pics of your progress
    Progress? Which progress!
    I just got back to my natural limit, that's it.

No I will take them at the end.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I was talking of the progress from the first pic to the 15 pounds later

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    I was talking of the progress from the first pic to the 15 pounds later
    I understood but since I went back to my natural limit ONLY, I am just serious about it.

By the end of this week, the 4th, I am going to check my stats again.
    Then, I'll see what oxandrolone was able to accomplish on my body.

BJJ

Oxandrolone

BOXED WARNINGS
    PELIOSIS HEPATIS, A CONDITION IN WHICH LIVER AND SOMETIMES SPLENIC TISSUE IS REPLACED WITH BLOOD-FILLED CYSTS, HAS BEEN REPORTED IN PATIENTS RECEIVING ANDROGENIC ANABOLIC STEROID THERAPY. THESE CYSTS ARE SOMETIMES PRESENT WITH MINIMAL HEPATIC DYSFUNCTION, BUT AT OTHER TIMES THEY HAVE BEEN ASSOCIATED WITH LIVER FAILURE. THEY ARE OFTEN NOT RECOGNIZED UNTIL LIFE-THREATENING LIVER FAILURE OR INTRA-ABDOMINAL HEMORRHAGE DEVELOPS. WITHDRAWAL OF DRUG USUALLY RESULTS IN COMPLETE DISAPPEARANCE OF LESIONS. LIVER CELL TUMORS ARE ALSO REPORTED. MOST OFTEN THESE TUMORS ARE BENIGN AND ANDROGEN-DEPENDENT, BUT FATAL MALIGNANT TUMORS HAVE BEEN REPORTED. WITHDRAWAL OF DRUG OFTEN RESULTS IN REGRESSION OR CESSATION OF PROGRESSION OF THE TUMOR. HOWEVER, HEPATIC TUMORS ASSOCIATED WITH ANDROGENS OR ANABOLIC STEROIDS ARE MUCH MORE VASCULAR THAN OTHER HEPATIC TUMORS AND MAY BE SILENT UNTIL LIFE-THREATENING INTRA-ABDOMINAL HEMORRHAGE DEVELOPS. BLOOD LIPID CHANGES THAT ARE KNOWN TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH INCREASED RISK OF ATHEROSCLEROSIS ARE SEEN IN PATIENTS TREATED WITH ANDROGENS OR ANABOLIC STEROIDS . THESE CHANGES INCLUDE DECREASED HIGH-DENSITY LIPOPROTEINS AND SOMETIMES INCREASED LOW-DENSITY LIPOPROTEINS. THE CHANGES MAY BE VERY MARKED AND COULD HAVE A SERIOUS IMPACT ON THE RISK OF ATHEROSCLEROSIS AND CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE.

DESCRIPTION
    Oxandrolone oral tablets contain 2.5 mg or 10 mg of the anabolic steroid oxandrolone. Oxandrolone is 17b-hydroxy-17a-methyl-2-oxa-5a-androstan-3-one with the following structural formula

Image:Str1 2.jpg
    Molecular Formula: C19H30O3
    Molecular Weight: 306.44

Inactive ingredients include: corn starch, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, and hypromellose. USP Dissolution Test Pending.

CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY
    Anabolic steroids are synthetic derivatives of testosterone . Certain clinical effects and adverse reactions demonstrate the androgenic properties of this class of drugs. Complete dissociation of anabolic and androgenic effects has not been achieved. The actions of anabolic steroids are therefore similar to those of male sex hormones with the possibility of causing serious disturbances of growth and sexual development if given to young children. Anabolic steroids suppress the gonadotropic functions of the pituitary and may exert a direct effect upon the testes.

During exogenous administration of anabolic androgens, endogenous testosterone release is inhibited through inhibition of pituitary luteinizing hormone (LH). At large doses, spermatogenesis may be suppressed through feedback inhibition of pituitary follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH).

Anabolic steroids have been reported to increase low-density lipoproteins and decrease high-density lipoproteins. These levels revert to normal on discontinuation of treatment.

INDICATIONS AND USAGE
    Oxandrolone is indicated as adjunctive therapy to offset the protein catabolism associated with prolonged administration of corticosteroids, and for the relief of the bone pain frequently accompanying osteoporosis (see DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION).

DRUG ABUSE AND DEPENDENCE
    Oxandrolone is classified as a controlled substance under the Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990 and has been assigned to Schedule III (non-narcotic).

CONTRAINDICATIONS
    1. Known or suspected carcinoma of the prostate or the male breast.
    2. Carcinoma of the breast in females with hypercalcemia (androgenic anabolic steroids may stimulate osteolytic bone resorption).
    3. Pregnancy, because of possible masculinization of the fetus. Oxandrolone has been shown to cause embryotoxicity, fetotoxicity, infertility, and masculinization of female animal offspring when given in doses 9 times the human dose.
    4. Nephrosis, the nephrotic phase of nephritis.
    5. Hypercalcemia.

WARNINGS
    Cholestatic hepatitis and jaundice may occur with 17-alpha-alkylated androgens at a relatively low dose. If cholestatic hepatitis with jaundice appears or if liver function tests become abnormal, oxandrolone should be discontinued and the etiology should be determined. Drug-induced jaundice is reversible when the medication is discontinued.
    In patients with breast cancer, anabolic steroid therapy may cause hypercalcemia by stimulating osteolysis. Oxandrolone therapy should bediscontinued if hypercalcemia occurs.
    Edema with or without congestive heart failure may be a serious complication in patients with pre-existing cardiac, renal, or hepatic disease. Concomitant administration of adrenal cortical steroid or ACTH may increase the edema.
    In children, androgen therapy may accelerate bone maturation without producing compensatory gain in linear growth. This adverse effect results in compromised adult height. The younger the child, the greater the risk of compromising final mature height. The effect on bone maturation should be monitored by assessing bone age of the left wrist and hand every 6 months (see PRECAUTIONS, LaboratoryTests).
    Geriatric patients treated with androgenic anabolic steroids may be at an increased risk for the development of prostatic hypertrophy and prostatic carcinoma. ANABOLIC STEROIDS HAVE NOT BEEN SHOWN TO ENHANCE ATHLETIC ABILITY.

PRECAUTIONS
    Concurrent dosing of oxandrolone and warfarin may result in unexpectedly large increases in the International Normalized Ratio (INR) or prothrombin time (PT). When oxandrolone is prescribed to patients being treated with warfarin, doses of warfarin may need to be decreased significantly to maintain the desirable INR level and diminish the risk of potentially serious bleeding (see PRECAUTIONS, Drug Interactions).

General
    Women should be observed for signs of virilization (deepening of the voice, hirsutism, acne, clitor*****ly). Discontinuation of drug therapy at the time of evidence of mild virilism is necessary to prevent irreversible virilization. Some virilizing changes in women are irreversible even after prompt discontinuance of therapy and are not prevented by concomitant use of estrogens. Menstrual irregularities may also occur.
    Anabolic steroids may cause suppression of clotting factors II, V, VII, and X, and an increase in prothrombin time.
    Information for Patients
    The physician should instruct patients to report immediately any use of warfarin and any bleeding.
    The physician should instruct patients to report any of the following side effects of androgens:
    Males: too frequent or persistent erections of the penis, appearance or aggravation of acne.
    Females: hoarseness, acne, changes in menstrual periods, or more facial hair.
    All patients: nausea, vomiting, changes in skin color, or ankle swelling.
    Geriatric Use: certain geriatric use information is protected by marketing exclusivity.

Laboratory Tests
    Women with disseminated breast carcinoma should have frequent determination of urine and serum calcium levels during the course of therapy (see WARNINGS).
    Because of the hepatotoxicity associated with the use of 17-alpha-alkylated androgens, liver function tests should be obtained periodically.
    Periodic (every 6 months) x-ray examinations of bone age should be made during treatment of children to determine the rate of bone maturation and the effects of androgen therapy on the epiphyseal centers.
    Androgenic anabolic steroids have been reported to increase low-density lipoproteins and decrease high-density lipoproteins. Therefore, caution is required when administering these agents to patients with a history of cardiovascular disease or who are at risk for cardiovascular disease. Serum determination of lipid levels should be performed periodically and therapy adjusted accordingly.
    Hemoglobin and hematocrit should be checked periodically for polycythemia in patients who are receiving high doses of anabolic steroids.

Drug Interactions
    Anticoagulants: anabolic steroids may increase sensitivity to oral anticoagulants. Dosage of the anticoagulant may have to be decreased in order to maintain desired prothrombin time. Patients receiving oral anticoagulant therapy require close monitoring, especially when anabolic steroids are started or stopped.

Warfarin: a multidose study of oxandrolone, given as 5 or 10 mg BID in 15 healthy subjects concurrently treated with warfarin, resulted in a mean increase in S-warfarin half-life from 26 to 48 hours and AUC from 4.55 to 12.08 ng•hr/mL; similar increases in R-warfarin half-life and AUC were also detected. Microscopic hematuria (9/15) and gingival bleeding (1/15) were also observed. A 5.5-fold decrease in the mean warfarin dose from 6.13 mg/day to 1.13 mg/day (approximately 80-85% reduction of warfarin dose), was necessary to maintain a target INR of 1.5. When oxandrolone therapy is initiated in a patient already receiving treatment with warfarin, the INR or prothrombin time (PT) should be monitored closely and the dose of warfarin adjusted as necessary until a stable target INR or PT has been achieved.

Furthermore, in patients receiving both drugs, careful monitoring of the INR or PT, and adjustment of the warfarin dosage if indicated are recommended when the oxandrolone dose is changed or discontinued. Patients should be closely monitored for signs and symptoms of occult bleeding.
    Oral Hypoglycemic Agents:

Oxandrolone may inhibit the metabolism of oral hypoglycemic agents.
    Adrenal Steroids or ACTH: in patients with edema, concomitant administration with adrenal cortical steroids or ACTH may increase the edema.

Drug/Laboratory Test Interactions
    Anabolic steroids may decrease levels of thyroxine-binding globulin, resulting in decreased total T4 serum levels and increased resin uptake of T3 and T4. Free thyroid hormone levels remain unchanged. In addition, a decrease in PBI and radioactive iodine uptake may occur.

Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility
    Animal Data: oxandrolone has not been tested in laboratory animals for carcinogenic or mutagenic effects. In 2-year chronic oral rat studies, a dose-related reduction of spermatogenesis and decreased organ weights (testes, prostate, seminal vesicles, ovaries, uterus, adrenals, and pituitary) were shown.

Human Data: liver cell tumors have been reported in patients receiving long-term therapy with androgenic anabolic steroids in high doses (see WARNINGS). Withdrawal of the drugs did not lead to regression of the tumors in all cases.

Geriatric patients treated with androgenic anabolic steroids may be at an increased risk for the development of prostatic hypertrophy and prostatic carcinoma.

Pregnancy
    Teratogenic effects-Pregnancy Category X (see CONTRAINDICATIONS).

Nursing Mothers
    It is not known whether anabolic steroids are excreted in human milk. Because of the potential of serious adverse reactions in nursing infants from oxandrolone, a decision should be made whether to discontinue nursing or to discontinue the drug, taking into account the importance of the drug to the mother.

Pediatric Use
    Anabolic agents may accelerate epiphyseal maturation more rapidly than linear growth in children and the effect may continue for 6 months after the drug has been stopped. Therefore, therapy should be monitored by x-ray studies at 6-month intervals in order to avoid the risk of compromising adult height. Androgenic anabolic steroid therapy should be used very cautiously in children and only by specialists who are aware of the effects on bone maturation (see WARNINGS).

ADVERSE REACTIONS
    Patients with moderate to severe COPD or COPD patients who are unresponsive to bronchodilators should be monitored closely for COPD exacerbation and fluid retention.
    The following adverse reactions have been associated with use of anabolic steroids: hepatic, cholestatic jaundice with, rarely, hepatic necrosis and death. Hepatocellular neoplasms and peliosis hepatis with long-term therapy (see WARNINGS). Reversible changes in liver function tests also occur including increased bromsulfophthalein (BSP) retention, changes in alkaline phosphatase and increases in serum bilirubin, aspartate aminotransferase (AST, SGOT) and alanine aminotransferase (ALT, SGPT).

In Males
    Prepubertal: Phallic enlargement and increased frequency or persistence of erections.
    Postpubertal: Inhibition of testicular function, testicular atrophy and oligospermia, impotence, chronic priapism, epididymitis, and bladder irritability.

In Females
    Clitoral enlargement, menstrual irregularities.

CNS
    Habituation, excitation, insomnia, depression, and changes in libido.

Hematologic
    Bleeding in patients on concomitant anticoagulant therapy.

Breast
    Gynecomastia .

Larynx
    Deepening of the voice in females.

Hair
    Hirsutism and male pattern baldness in females.

Skin
    Acne (especially in females and prepubertal males).

Skeletal
    Premature closure of epiphyses in children (see PRECAUTIONS, Pediatric Use).

Fluid and Electrolytes
    Edema, retention of serum electrolytes (sodium chloride, potassium, phosphate, calcium).

Metabolic/Endocrine
    Decreased glucose tolerance (see PRECAUTIONS, Laboratory Tests), increased creatinine excretion, increased serum levels of creatinine phosphokinase (CPK). Masculinization of the fetus. Inhibition of gonadotropin secretion.

OVERDOSAGE
    No symptoms or signs associated with overdosage have been reported. It is possible that sodium and water retention may occur.
    The oral LD50 of oxandrolone in mice and dogs is greater than 5,000 mg/kg. No specific antidote is known, but gastric lavage may be used.

DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
    Therapy with anabolic steroids is adjunctive to and not a replacement for conventional therapy. The duration of therapy with oxandrolone will depend on the response of the patient and the possible appearance of adverse reactions. Therapy should be intermittent.

Adults
    The response of individuals to anabolic steroids varies. The daily adult dosage is 2.5 mg to 20 mg given in 2 to 4 divided doses. The desired response may be achieved with as little as 2.5 mg or as much as 20 mg daily. A course of therapy of 2 to 4 weeks is usually adequate. This may be repeated intermittently as indicated.

Children
    For children the total daily dosage of oxandrolone is <0.1 mg per kilogram body weight or <0.045 mg per pound of body weight. This may be repeated intermittently as indicated.

HOW SUPPLIED
    Oxandrolone Tablets, USP are supplied as follows:
    2.5 mg tablets: white, round, biconvex tablets, debossed with “K” and scored on one side and “200” on the other side.
    Bottles of 100 (NDC 49884-301-01)
    10 mg tablets: white, capsule shaped, biconvex tablets, debossed with “201” on one side and debossed with “K” on the other side.
    Bottles of 60 (NDC 49884-302-02)
    Store at 20°-25° C (68°-77°F) [see USP Controlled Room Temperature].
    Manufactured by:
    Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc.
    Spring Valley, NY 10977
    Revised: 03/07
    OS301-01-1-02
    Last edited by BJJ; 10-14-2009 at 04:18 AM.

Western Man is offline Associate Member
    Any dizziness or confusion with this cycle BJJ?

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Western Man View Post
    Any dizziness or confusion with this cycle BJJ?
    Not so far I would say.
    Why, is it common with anavar ?

BJJ
    Sinusitis was broken down already.
    It just took me 2 days while I thought, being on cycle, I needed more than usual.
    Last year I needed 4 days to recover, so not bad at all.

Also, today my total Kcal intake is going to be more than 5.000 and would like to keep all this week, the last one before proviron , around 4.500 daily.

lol so this is your bulking cycle??b/c 5000kcal alot for a cutting cycle and no wonder why you put bodyfat on

BJJ
    lol so this is your bulking cycle??b/c 5000kcal alot for a cutting cycle and no wonder why you put bodyfat on
    never spoke about "cutting" cycle.

I've experienced similar weight gain on my anavar cycle. My maintenance diet has to be tweeked some because I gained over 5 lbs the first week at 40mgs/day.

Weight used to range from 206-211lbs based on time of day. I was in that range for a year or so. I now range from 214-219 based on time of day.

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Western Man View Post
    I've experienced similar weight gain on my anavar cycle. My maintenance diet has to be tweeked some because I gained over 5 lbs the first week at 40mgs/day.

Weight used to range from 206-211lbs based on time of day. I was in that range for a year or so. I now range from 214-219 based on time of day.
    Interesting, then I am no the only one.
    How much weight have you put over your previous limit?
    Also, how about your pct? when did you start it and what did you take?

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    Interesting, then I am no the only one.
    How much weight have you put over your previous limit?
    Also, how about your pct? when did you start it and what did you take?
    I've been as high as 230 before but that was many years ago.

Haven't finished cycle but will run clomid and nolva day after last var dose.

Nolva 40/20/20/20
    Clomid 100/50/50/50

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information