Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Female Var Log

twitz is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yourmom View Post
    How old is your BF? I'm 46 and been having a tough last three months with depression and getting back on my diet. I started some t400 to give me a push and seems to be working. Also, I have developed bad allergies that make me so tired. My wife, 35, is in her second week of Var and, we workout together, I really like that. She's in charge of diet and pushes me to eat better. Just give him positive encouragement. I hate to say it but, with all the younger dudes at our gym, I make myself go. Lol
    You should get your wife on here I'm going into my 3rd week of var and it's always great to have other females to talk to.
    calfmuscle555 likes this.

yourmom is offline Associate Member
    It may be the after holidays slum. He'll snap out of it, I started to when the sun came out.

It may be the after holidays slum. He'll snap out of it, I started to when the sun came out.
    Yeah good point. Thank you!

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twitz View Post

Does she train at all?

I have him back in the gym with me and for the most part he is working hard, but he KNOWS how to eat (and I don't care if he has a few treats, just not so much every single day!). Plus I don't want him to give up on it all because I want to have someone to share this lifestyle with. Hopefully I'm not being selfish
    She doesn't train at all. Her idea of working out is yoga in her basement once a month. It's depressing actually, there isn't enough women who care about their bodies it seems. It's all crash diets and bogus workout routines that don't work u less you commit to the life style.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soar View Post
    It's depressing actually, there isn't enough women who care about their bodies it seems. It's all crash diets and bogus workout routines that don't work u less you commit to the life style.

x2 I feel the same exact way. It's not just women, it's guys too. Look at the general population. The fitness crowd is a minority.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Soar

She doesn't train at all. Her idea of working out is yoga in her basement once a month. It's depressing actually, there isn't enough women who care about their bodies it seems. It's all crash diets and bogus workout routines that don't work u less you commit to the life style.
    Marketing knows that staying in shape requires effort and targets ppl by making it sound so simple. Criminal really.

Twist. Btw you are not a cub but a puma!!!

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    How old is your BF? I'm 46 and been having a tough last three months with depression and getting back on my diet. I started some t400 to give me a push and seems to be working. Also, I have developed bad allergies that make me so tired. My wife, 35, is in her second week of Var and, we workout together, I really like that. She's in charge of diet and pushes me to eat better. Just give him positive encouragement. I hate to say it but, with all the younger dudes at our gym, I make myself go. Lol
    Never let your age discourage your goals, i see this time and time again at my gym, guys around your age that look at me with doubt and just feeling sorry for themselves. What they have to remember is im in my prime, 1 day i will be there age and it maybe vice versa, also i take aas, when there sitting there asking themselves how come i dont look like that anymore, they neglect all these factors as to why they feel this way. I maybe over analyzing it, but a person facial expressions paints a thousand words.

Be realistic with your goals and take into consideration your limits, dont worry about egotistical whipper snappers like myself or guys my age, you just worry about you and enjoy what you do. Take all the support you can get from your wife, because she sounds like a great catch, and if your not doing it for her, your doing it for you! Also consider a good PT if you need a push.

ElectraMaddox is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    x2 I feel the same exact way. It's not just women, it's guys too. Look at the general population. The fitness crowd is a minority.
    We were just talking about this

ElectraMaddox is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boz View Post
    Never let your age discourage your goals, i see this time and time again at my gym, guys around your age that look at me with doubt and just feeling sorry for themselves. What they have to remember is im in my prime, 1 day i will be there age and it maybe vice versa, also i take aas, when there sitting there asking themselves how come i dont look like that anymore, they neglect all these factors as to why they feel this way. I maybe over analyzing it, but a person facial expressions paints a thousand words.

Be realistic with your goals and take into consideration your limits, dont worry about egotistical whipper snappers like myself or guys my age, you just worry about you and enjoy what you do. Take all the support you can get from your wife, because she sounds like a great catch, and if your not doing it for her, your doing it for you! Also consider a good PT if you need a push.
    I agree with you a hundred percent... Taking it a step farther though. Some of those people might wonder why they never looked liked that. If they felt in their prime they couldn't look like that, then that is going to take a harder toll on someone whos past their prime and could never look that way. It becomes a thing where someone is envious or hates you for no reason. Then again they don't know what goes in to it.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectraMaddox View Post
    I agree with you a hundred percent... Taking it a step farther though. Some of those people might wonder why they never looked liked that. If they felt in their prime they couldn't look like that, then that is going to take a harder toll on someone whos past their prime and could never look that way. It becomes a thing where someone is envious or hates you for no reason. Then again they don't know what goes in to it.
    My mind can definitely wonder. The dedication and sacrifices i put into was everything, its a pity that we breed with emotions of jealousy, even at times im guilty, hate is a strong word and it blows my mind away how someone can give you such treatment over what you have put your heart and soul into.

Ok this thread has been hijacked enough now, back to the log of why we are here.
    Last edited by boz; 01-27-2013 at 07:09 PM.

[QUOTE=boz;6362340]My mind can definitely wonder. The dedication and sacrifices i put into was everything, its a pity that we breed with emotions of jealousy, even at times im guilty, hate is a strong word and it blows my mind away how someone can give you such treatment over what you have put your heart and soul into.QUOTE]

When it comes to BBing, fitness, or any sport for that matter, people just become competitive. When people become competitive it can often lead to jealousy, and in the case of BBing you don’t have team members to blame a failure on. In this sport your results are based on you, how hard you train, diet etc. Some people only do half of the puzzle and expect to look like fitness pro. Sadly, some people let their jealousy and insecurities drive them so mad that they ‘hate’ someone for their accomplishments. It’s easier to do that then to accept your own weaknesses and to work on them.

Personally, I admire almost everyone at my gym. All for different reasons, but it’s really amazing to watch people get results from all of their hard efforts. When I see someone working hard I feed off of their energy.

Saturday - Jan. 26th - Day 13

Shoulders

DB press
    22.5 x 15
    30 x 15
    35 x 12
    40 x 6
    35 x 11

Plate loaded machine press
    35 x 20
    45 x 15
    55 x 12

Machine side lateral raise /SS/ upright rows
    50 x 12 /SS/ 40 x 12
    3 sets

Behind neck presses on smith machine
    35 x 15
    55 x 15
    75 x 8, drop - 55 x 10, drop - 35 x 13

Rear delt flyes - hands in 3 positions
    40 x 12 - each positions
    25 x 15 - focus on squeeze for 5 secs

Same day I was complaining that my BF was slacking he put up 100 lbs on his DB presses. 5 clean reps, super proud moment !

Sunday Jan 27 - Day 14 - Quads

Box squats
    135 x 10-15
    5 sets

Linear Hack squat machine
    90 x 15
    140 x 15
    180 x 15
    230 x 12

Single leg extensions - focus on squeeze
    40 x 15 per side
    50 x 15 per side
    60 x 15 per side

Hip aductor
    115 x 15
    3 sets

As of yesterday my weight was up 4 lbs.

It's -32 here today... burrrr

Bah I don't have to experience that cold for another week.. I much prefer the warmth of Calgary at the moment lol

How's your strength? my wife is out lifting our teenager.

Bah I don't have to experience that cold for another week.. I much prefer the warmth of Calgary at the moment lol
    My 1st Alberta winter

How's your strength? my wife is out lifting our teenager.
    My strength is starting to go up. I'm cross dominant so I have to be really careful to watch my form as I lift heavier. My mind is telling me "more, more, more!" but I make myself stay at a fairly heavy (to me) weight, activate the muscle being worked and I do lot's of squeezes.

You should get your wife to try some 5 sec holds at the end of each exercise. Maybe have her try the last 5 reps with a 5 sec hold. Really gives you a nice pumped up feeling while on var.
    calfmuscle555 and TeeMars like this.

My 1st Alberta winter

My strength is starting to go up. I'm cross dominant so I have to be really careful to watch my form as I lift heavier. My mind is telling me "more, more, more!" but I make myself stay at a fairly heavy (to me) weight, activate the muscle being worked and I do lot's of squeezes.

You should get your wife to try some 5 sec holds at the end of each exercise. Maybe have her try the last 5 reps with a 5 sec hold. Really gives you a nice pumped up feeling while on var.
    Took me a while to get my form proper. Without guidance I was lifting as heavy as possible. Once I backed off I gained way more.

Hope the weather hasn't left you with cabin fervor lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Soar

Took me a while to get my form proper. Without guidance I was lifting as heavy as possible. Once I backed off I gained way more.

It's a reminder that quality > quantity!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

Absolutely! The biggest mistake I see at the gym everyday.

I always have to watch myself with this! Now I just keep things lighter, focus on whatever muscle I'm working and activate it the best I can.

Absolutely! The biggest mistake I see at the gym everyday.
    Sometimes it does make me laugh

There's a fella at my gym, he racks up 5 plates, squats down about an inch and he's good to go. He preachers 100lb DB's but uses his free arm to help get the DB back up. I admire his effort and to attempt that takes guts/agression but I would be more amazed if he lightened up a tad and did some clean solid reps

Back - Day 17

Seated row
    70 x 15
    85 x 15
    100 x 12
    100 x 12
    85 x 12 - 3 sec squeeze

Plate loaded lat pull machine
    45 x 12 per side
    45 x 15 X 2 sets

Plate loaded row pulls (pulling up)
    45 x 15 per side
    70 x 12 per side X 2

Lat pulldowns
    70 x 15
    85 x 10 behind neck /SS/ 85 x 10 wide grip /SS/ 85 x 10 reverse close grip X 2 sets
    85 x 15 reverse close grip X 2 sets

DB row - laying reverse on bench w/ feetup /SS/ BB row
    20 x 15 /SS/ 65 x 15
    3 sets

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    Hey, i didnt see, did you start the peps already?? if so hows it goin?

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    Sometimes it does make me laugh

There's a fella at my gym, he racks up 5 plates, squats down about an inch and he's good to go. He preachers 100lb DB's but uses his free arm to help get the DB back up. I admire his effort and to attempt that takes guts/agression but I would be more amazed if he lightened up a tad and did some clean solid reps
    LMAO we got tons of those guys.!! im going to try and record a few pretty soon.. so far the 7 plates per side shoulder shrug sub 200lb dude is pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by largerthannormal View Post
    Hey, i didnt see, did you start the peps already?? if so hows it goin?
    Yup! Started them about a week & a half ago. It's going good so far. I gave myself a nasty bruise on the 2nd day but I seem to have the injections down now.

Quote Originally Posted by largerthannormal View Post
    LMAO we got tons of those guys.!! im going to try and record a few pretty soon.. so far the 7 plates per side shoulder shrug sub 200lb dude is pretty hilarious.
    LOL... you'll have to try to get a video

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    My wife is considering a var cycle so I'm really interested in your progress and your sides. Pls keep up the good work and the detail in your feelings, progress and sides, tks/

-Ender- is offline Not Retired

keep up the good work! everything reads solid. glad you are enjoying the ride.

Sorry about the temps. -10 here

Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    My wife is considering a var cycle so I'm really interested in your progress and your sides. Pls keep up the good work and the detail in your feelings, progress and sides, tks/
    Yes, for sure. I hope it can help her with her decision

Quote Originally Posted by -Ender- View Post
    keep up the good work! everything reads solid. glad you are enjoying the ride.

Sorry about the temps. -10 here
    Thank you!

Only -1 here today. Lovin that!

Wondering, Do women have to use a PCT and why? My wife is doing 25mg per day, she wont go higher than that. She's had no sides other than being horny all the time(is that really a side though lol)

Quote Originally Posted by yourmom
    Wondering, Do women have to use a PCT and why? My wife is doing 25mg per day, she wont go higher than that. She's had no sides other than being horny all the time(is that really a side though lol)
    25 mg of anavar ????

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

25 mg of anavar????
    And does your gal workout. I am interested bc I can't workout for other good 4-5 mo after being off workouts since September. I have gained 8 nasty lbs. everyone says to save the anavar till can lift. Thinking on clen tho.

Thx for letting me ask these ? In your thread gf!

People are all over the place with this. Electra has a var log here and she did PCT so you can read up on it there. The thing to consider is estrogen rebound, dropping the var will make test levels drop suddenly and estrogen may increase to counteract this. Personally, I am going to taper down my var and use a test-support supplement. Last time I used Bridge, this time I will be using Hemotest 2XC.

I call that a benefit

And does your gal workout. I am interested bc I can't workout for other good 4-5 mo after being off workouts since September. I have gained 8 nasty lbs. everyone says to save the anavar till can lift. Thinking on clen tho.

Ask away! That's what this is for

I was just about to make a post about how I started this cycle with a higher BF than last time, my experience & thoughts... I'll get it up here soon

Ask away! That's what this is for

I was just about to make a post about how I started this cycle with a higher BF than last time, my experience & thoughts... I'll get it up here soon

25 mg of anavar????
    I'm really not sure, When I get home ill ask her about her total intake.

She works out every day. I suggested that she join the forum, she said she didn't have time. She has a busy work schedule.

Day 18 - Chest

So I'm switching up my training, today being the start of that. I will explain why in my next post, but it will will be more of a progressive resistance training program. High intensity and hopefuly increasing weight/strength. I have also changed my diet. Today was the first day with the new eating program and I liked it besides the lack of carbs leading up to my workout (I train late at night). I was a bit tired because of that but I am adjusted for today and will see ow that feels.

Incline press - this is done in 3 seat positions, low incline, middle incline, then the highest the bench will go while still being on a incline. 15 reps per seat adjust, partner adjusts seat, so zero rest. One total set would be 45 reps.
    25lbs x 15 per position = 45 reps
    45 sec rest
    22.5 or 17.5 x 15 per position - I started to feel tired through my arms. I think from a fairly heavy back the day before and lack of carbs. = 45 reps
    45 sec rest
    17.5 or 15 lbs per postion = 45 reps

Close grip bench
    65lbs x 15
    45 sec rest
    75lbs x 15
    45 sec rest
    95lbs x 15, drop 75 x 8, drop 65 x 6

Gaint set - Decline machine press / cable cross front top/ from bottom
    90lbs x 15 / 27.5lbs x 15 / 5lbs x 15
    140lbs x 12 / 27.5 lbs x 15 / 7.5lbs x 15
    180lbs x 3 - had to try this 140lbs x 6 / 22.5lbs x 15 / 5lbs x 15

Quote Originally Posted by twitz
    Day 18 - Chest

So I'm switching up my training, today being the start of that. I will explain why in my next post, but it will will be more of a progressive resistance training program. High intensity and hopefuly increasing weight/strength. I have also changed my diet. Today was the first day with the new eating program and I liked it besides the lack of carbs leading up to my workout (I train late at night). I was a bit tired because of that but I am adjusted for today and will see ow that feels.

Incline press - this is done in 3 seat positions, low incline, middle incline, then the highest the bench will go while still being on a incline. 15 reps per seat adjust, partner adjusts seat, so zero rest. One total set would be 45 reps.
    25lbs x 15 per position = 45 reps
    45 sec rest
    22.5 or 17.5 x 15 per position - I started to feel tired through my arms. I think from a fairly heavy back the day before and lack of carbs. = 45 reps
    45 sec rest
    17.5 or 15 lbs per postion = 45 reps

Close grip bench
    65lbs x 15
    45 sec rest
    75lbs x 15
    45 sec rest
    95lbs x 15, drop 75 x 8, drop 65 x 6

Gaint set - Decline machine press / cable cross front top/ from bottom
    90lbs x 15 / 27.5lbs x 15 / 5lbs x 15
    140lbs x 12 / 27.5 lbs x 15 / 7.5lbs x 15
    180lbs x 3 - had to try this 140lbs x 6 / 22.5lbs x 15 / 5lbs x 15