Page 12 of 155 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree703Likes

Thread: RaginCajun's Daily Log

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Don't stress, you'll be fine. Do the best you can with your current situation. As long as you're eating in general, you shouldn't be losing much if any muscle. Myofusion is decent - not the best, but a compromise of taste, quality, and cost.
    thanks. if i lose a little bit of LBM, i am ok with that. i just want to lose the FAT!!! i am looking into some different proteins now, trying to figure out which one most suits cutting and long lasting/sustaining protein. thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    THANK YOU 00CAJUN! So nice to hear! And you beat me to the gogi berrie and the cocoa!!!....YOU ARE FAST! But I already knew that!
    How do the berries taste? and how did you prepare them? like Phate said in water overnight? I don't even know what they look like!
    Have you ever tried some plain greek yogurt on top of your pancake with some splenda sprinkled? yummy~
    the berries slim are somewhat bitter and dry. they did fine once in the oatmeal/egg white batter. it made a delicious pancake! haven't tried yogurt but i am liking the fat free cottage cheese with it! i had to add a little splenda in with the cottage cheese and the oatmeal pancake, cocoa is bitter especially the nibs!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    thanks. if i lose a little bit of LBM, i am ok with that. i just want to lose the FAT!!! i am looking into some different proteins now, trying to figure out which one most suits cutting and long lasting/sustaining protein. thanks for the input
    NP bro. A blend is the way to go IMO.

had a good breakfast, oatmeal pancake with some gogi berries and cocoa, with some fat free cottage cheese on top. i did not have a great lunch, roast beef on 7-grain bread (had to be over 100cals a slice!) with fruit.

on another note. i have been reading a lot on carb cycling lately and may dive into it once i really get settled/dialed in. i guess for now, you can say that i am maintaining but still trying to reduce bodyfat. i am still running and biking (haven't biked this week yet but plan to either today or tomorrow) but going in that gym made me want to get back into lifting. the only downside that i see with myself and carb cycling is getting my training schedule to correlate with the carbs. from what i have been reading, looks like 5 low days and 2 high days. i am new to this carb cycling and will be reading more into soon.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    For carb cycling the goal is to hit the low and keep it there for a little while and come back up before going keto or starvation mode etc. There are a million ways to do this and you don't really need to follow some specific schedule. IMO you don't need to worry too much about carb timing as the overall carbs will be way too low to make a dent on low days anyway. I prefer total calorie cycling along with carb cycling. Meaning basically that the carbs you drop out you don't replace with fat to keep the same total calories; the total calories for the day drop

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    For carb cycling the goal is to hit the low and keep it there for a little while and come back up before going keto or starvation mode etc. There are a million ways to do this and you don't really need to follow some specific schedule. IMO you don't need to worry too much about carb timing as the overall carbs will be way too low to make a dent on low days anyway. I prefer total calorie cycling along with carb cycling. Meaning basically that the carbs you drop out you don't replace with fat to keep the same total calories; the total calories for the day drop
    thanks for that info. i will try to get a sample diet up soon of this once i can get settled in. work is taking over my life right now and i think my head is about to explode with all this new information i am trying to soak in. i may try some no to low carb days, trying to eliminate carbs (complex) out after my morning oats and replace with fibrous carbs/veggies. whatcha think? as of training, mainly just running and biking. i did go to the gym over the weekend for an open house deal and loved it, but for now, no gym until i find a place to reside at.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Just don't make your low carb days on the days you have to think!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    is carb cycling the new hotest "trend" ? first I heard of it in someone else's log...maybe gbrice cutting thread.

Just don't make your low carb days on the days you have to think!
    now that will be kind of tricky..........but i will try to come up with something.

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    is carb cycling the new hotest "trend" ? first I heard of it in someone else's log...maybe gbrice cutting thread.
    it has been around for a while. i am pretty sure bodybuilders do it to get ready for a contest/show. i am going to try it out soon and see what happens. i still have a lot of fat too lose!

had a good early breakfast then i ruined it! we have a big convention and someone brought kolache's to work, and my eyes/stomach said, 'have to have!' i had 2 and now the binge is over. i will have to take to stairs a lot today to work them off before lunch!!!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    At least you are outta beignet binge territory.....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

At least you are outta beignet binge territory.....
    hahaha! yup, but i do know how to make them!

^^^ I doubt they would taste good with OATS! LOL LOL LOL!!!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

^^^ I doubt they would taste good with OATS! LOL LOL LOL!!!
    hum......fried oats, powdered sugar, has to be good!!!!!

A recipe for you to come up with: a healthy beignet! This would be a challenge.....
    Author Unknown

A recipe for you to come up with: a healthy beignet! This would be a challenge.....
    i love a challenge!!!!!!

had a good early breakfast then i ruined it! we have a big convention and someone brought kolache's to work, and my eyes/stomach said, 'have to have!' i had 2 and now the binge is over. i will have to take to stairs a lot today to work them off before lunch!!!
    I hate when that happens!

went for a bike ride yesterday, got to about 8 miles and then caught a flat! i had one CO2 cartridge and only had one shot at filling the new tube with air. well, when i went to crack open the CO2, it cracked!!! now, i was fvcked! i couldn't call anyone because my coworkers were at a meeting and i was far from the city. so, i took off my shoes (they clip into the pedals so not made to walk in) and hiked it barefooted on the hot texas blacktop. i made it about 2 miles, then someone graciously gave me a lift down the road. i was very very appreciative of it!!! i walked the rest of the way back to where i am staying, bout 1 mile. my feet are freakin killing me today! good thing i always walk around barefoot, because if not, i think i would have ruined the bottom of my feet. they are sore today, but i think it is mainly from the hot ass ground. well, lessoned learned, going buy a hand pump to put on my bike. i will not be in that pickle again!

This is pretty much what i'm doing. Calorie cycling by default, via carb cycling. I have my last (starchy) carb meal Wednesday around 10am, then don't have another starchy carb until my high carb day on Sunday. Therefore Most of Wednesday, along with Thurs, Fri and Sat are all depletive days. On Sunday, I carb back up to restore gylcogen. Note that even my 3 'normal' carb days (mon-tues-part of wed) are still relatively low.

This is pretty much what i'm doing. Calorie cycling by default, via carb cycling. I have my last (starchy) carb meal Wednesday around 10am, then don't have another starchy carb until my high carb day on Sunday. Therefore Most of Wednesday, along with Thurs, Fri and Sat are all depletive days. On Sunday, I carb back up to restore gylcogen. Note that even my 3 'normal' carb days (mon-tues-part of wed) are still relatively low.
    thanks for the info. i want to try this method once i get settled in. right now, schedule is too hecktick to get any kind of routine down right now. on these normal carb days, do you eat carbs through out the day, or just pre/post workouts? i really need to get serious again about this, just trying to maintain right now and not go backwards. thanks for your help as always

thanks for the info. I want to try this method once i get settled in. Right now, schedule is too hecktick to get any kind of routine down right now. On these normal carb days, do you eat carbs through out the day, or just pre/post workouts? I really need to get serious again about this, just trying to maintain right now and not go backwards. thanks for your help as always
    me too!!!
    Author Unknown

on these normal carb days, do you eat carbs through out the day, or just pre/post workouts?
    Meals 1, 2, and 3. Meals 1 and 2 are pre and pwo, respectively. It works out well because I get all my carbs in the am by default, which is ideal on a cutting diet.

Meals 1, 2, and 3. Meals 1 and 2 are pre and pwo, respectively. It works out well because I get all my carbs in the am by default, which is ideal on a cutting diet.
    what about if i am doing two a days? i will be doing fasted cardio AM and plan on either hitting some weights, or continue to run/bike in the PM. should i do carbs for both workouts, pre/post? i plan on doing two a days at least twice a week and it will probably be 4 again once i get settled.

what about if i am doing two a days? i will be doing fasted cardio AM and plan on either hitting some weights, or continue to run/bike in the PM. should i do carbs for both workouts, pre/post? i plan on doing two a days at least twice a week and it will probably be 4 again once i get settled.
    Well you won't be doing fasted cardio if you eat, lol so no - i'd stick with the fasted am cardio, have a small-ish carb meal after the cardio session, then have carbs in your pre and pwo meals - more carbs in the pre than the post IMO.

Well you won't be doing fasted cardio if you eat, lol so no - i'd stick with the fasted am cardio, have a small-ish carb meal after the cardio session, then have carbs in your pre and pwo meals - more carbs in the pre than the post IMO.
    thanks bro!!!!!

went for a bike ride yesterday, got to about 8 miles and then caught a flat! i had one CO2 cartridge and only had one shot at filling the new tube with air. well, when i went to crack open the CO2, it cracked!!! now, i was fvcked! i couldn't call anyone because my coworkers were at a meeting and i was far from the city. so, i took off my shoes (they clip into the pedals so not made to walk in) and hiked it barefooted on the hot texas blacktop. i made it about 2 miles, then someone graciously gave me a lift down the road. i was very very appreciative of it!!! i walked the rest of the way back to where i am staying, bout 1 mile. my feet are freakin killing me today! good thing i always walk around barefoot, because if not, i think i would have ruined the bottom of my feet. they are sore today, but i think it is mainly from the hot ass ground. well, lessoned learned, going buy a hand pump to put on my bike. i will not be in that pickle again!
    that's Tx hospitality for ya....Just curious...Was it a gal that picked you up..did you get her number?

Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    that's Tx hospitality for ya....Just curious...Was it a gal that picked you up..did you get her number?
    i wish!!!!! i did however meet a good one last night and hope that i get to see her again!

i rode 12 miles yesterday in the texas heat. i was not going to be in the same pickle i was in the other day with the flats, i bought a small hand pump and 3 CO2 cartridges so i was daring that damn tire to go flat!!!! diet was good yesterday except for all the beer. today, diet was shitty and it won't be like this tomorrow. gonna get back to doing fasted cardio again tomorrow and get my ass back in gear!

today, diet was shitty and it won't be like this tomorrow. gonna get back to doing fasted cardio again tomorrow and get my ass back in gear!
    I'm right there with ya bro. Let's see what made the list today:

Fried Calamari
    Eggplant Parm
    Sausage and Peppers
    Chocolate Cake
    'Birthday' type cake (a Christening)
    A Cannoli
    2 Corona's

And that was all just at the Christening! At home?

Nature valley Oats and Dark Chocolate Bars
    Several slices of my banana protein bread
    Several yam/pumpkin walnut muffins
    A bowl of weetabix

It goes on and on... wow, just writing it now sickens me! Luckily, it's my carb up day. However, I've clearly let it become a full blown cheat day. This cycle can't start soon enough!

i rode 12 miles yesterday in the texas heat. i was not going to be in the same pickle i was in the other day with the flats, i bought a small hand pump and 3 CO2 cartridges so i was daring that damn tire to go flat!!!! diet was good yesterday except for all the beer. today, diet was shitty and it won't be like this tomorrow. gonna get back to doing fasted cardio again tomorrow and get my ass back in gear!
    I sorry, but found this hilarious...like the beer isn't part of the diet!! LMAO

I'm right there with ya bro. Let's see what made the list today:

Fried Calamari
    Eggplant Parm
    Sausage and Peppers
    Chocolate Cake
    'Birthday' type cake (a Christening)
    A Cannoli
    2 Corona's

And that was all just at the Christening! At home?

Nature valley Oats and Dark Chocolate Bars
    Several slices of my banana protein bread
    Several yam/pumpkin walnut muffins
    A bowl of weetabix

It goes on and on... wow, just writing it now sickens me! Luckily, it's my carb up day. However, I've clearly let it become a full blown cheat day. This cycle can't start soon enough!

wow, i didn't eat half of that, but my choices are just as bad.

I am headin over to GB log now......you guys are too funny!!

I forgot to mention the slice of pizza and fresh mozzarella w/ olives!

well, did not start off today like i wanted to. i guess my body needed the rest, didn't hear my alarm go off initially, so did not get the fasted cardio in. i will be going for a ride this evening and may throw in a run afterwards.

question: if i get all my carb macros for the day in before and during lunch, is that a bad thing? i know that ideally we want them pre/post, but is it bad to have them all before 2pm? just something i have been pondering with trying to cycle cals/carbs.

repost...........

well, did not start off today like i wanted to. i guess my body needed the rest, didn't hear my alarm go off initially, so did not get the fasted cardio in. i will be going for a ride this evening and may throw in a run afterwards.
    Don't beat yourself up. If you needed sleep, that's more important to your body than 1 fasted cardio session IMO.

question: if i get all my carb macros for the day in before and during lunch, is that a bad thing? i know that ideally we want them pre/post, but is it bad to have them all before 2pm? just something i have been pondering with trying to cycle cals/carbs.
    Definitely not a bad thing - but when is your pre/post?

Don't beat yourself up. If you needed sleep, that's more important to your body than 1 fasted cardio session IMO.

Definitely not a bad thing - but when is your pre/post?
    i will prob go run and/or bike at around 6 ish. not currently hitting any weights, just moved, no gym yet. currently run at least 3-4 miles or ride 12+ miles, wanting to do more but its so damn hot (100 degrees over here all day!) so, would taking in 30g carbs preWO be too much? and after, ?g? would it be bad just to leave the carbs out? i can feel when i need to eat, i get all jittery. i guess i need to write up a diet again so u can critique it. not being in a routine is driving me right now, but that will all change when i move places.

i will prob go run and/or bike at around 6 ish. not currently hitting any weights, just moved, no gym yet. currently run at least 3-4 miles or ride 12+ miles, wanting to do more but its so damn hot (100 degrees over here all day!) so, would taking in 30g carbs preWO be too much? and after, ?g? would it be bad just to leave the carbs out? i can feel when i need to eat, i get all jittery. i guess i need to write up a diet again so u can critique it. not being in a routine is driving me right now, but that will all change when i move places.
    No weights atm, noted. You don't HAVE to cut carbs, but you can if you want. You'd be running a quasi-keto diet, assuming you're still eating greens. If you do eat carbs, I think it would be a great idea to get them all in the 1st half of the day - when I do this (bear in mind I weight train in the am as well though) i'm finished with my last carb meal by 10:30am - but I also start at 4:30am.

If you feel like you NEED carbs before your cardio (intense?), then eat them before cardio (not after). I'd try eating carbs early for a few days, then doing your cardio later like you plan to and see how that goes. You're glycogen stores should be pretty full, so you shouldn't feel run down during cardio, and you don't have to worry about burning muscle. Take some BCAA and/or a protein meal with a bit of added fat pre-cardio if you opt to keep carbs in the morning.

That's what i'd start with.

No weights atm, noted. You don't HAVE to cut carbs, but you can if you want. You'd be running a quasi-keto diet, assuming you're still eating greens. If you do eat carbs, I think it would be a great idea to get them all in the 1st half of the day - when I do this (bear in mind I weight train in the am as well though) i'm finished with my last carb meal by 10:30am - but I also start at 4:30am.

If you feel like you NEED carbs before your cardio (intense?), then eat them before cardio (not after). I'd try eating carbs early for a few days, then doing your cardio later like you plan to and see how that goes. You're glycogen stores should be pretty full, so you shouldn't feel run down during cardio, and you don't have to worry about burning muscle. Take some BCAA and/or a protein meal with a bit of added fat pre-cardio if you opt to keep carbs in the morning.

That's what i'd start with.

Thanks for that info. yes, love my greens. if feel the need, carbs pre cardio. it is usually intense, but not HIIT. i try to maintain 17-20mph on my bike and run until i can't go anymore. i guess i will keep the fats low in the pre cardio meal so that i won't get too sluggish. i will try these out and see what happens. i have not weighted myself in a few weeks but i look and feel the same. i think i am still around 180-182ish. whenever i make a trip back to get more of my stuff, scale will be priority in packing.

Thread Information