Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,560 of 1921
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Things That Piss You Off At The Gym?

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Hey guys, Great workout this morning!!! Super busy, but snuck onto the squat rack right away. I got 6 sets of 30 rep curls in!!!! So, hows everyones day going?

J/k I can't stand the guy who thinks he knows more than you because he weighs more, or because he hasn't seen you before (it's because i tend to come at low hours to AVOID people like you, dick) and proceeds to tell you how to lift. I had one guy at the Y start telling me I should do steroids within 30 seconds of giving me bad advice. Unless I'm paying for your services, or something very bad is about to happen, mind your own business.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    You should do steriods they build muscle without having to workout.That was the latest piece of info some dumb a$$ newbie at the gym was telling his buddy in the locker room the other day.
    That is the type of s*&t that gives all juice heads a bad name!

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Fvcking people stalking my phone.

I take it with me instead of the iPod every once in a while.

Soar is offline Productive Member
    The group of guys that come in wearing affliction shirts and try to own one section of the room (generally the bench press area). That and the guys who load the machine up with as many plates as they can then leave it for the next guy to clear. <--- Started calling these guys out, it's amazing how retarded they look offloading their crap with a tail tucked between their legs. That and the guys who sweat their ass off on the machines and don't bother wiping them afterwords.

I do however confess to blasting protein farts all over the gym, especially near the affliction pricks.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Soar
    The group of guys that come in wearing affliction shirts and try to own one section of the room (generally the bench press area). That and the guys who load the machine up with as many plates as they can then leave it for the next guy to clear. <--- Started calling these guys out, it's amazing how retarded they look offloading their crap with a tail tucked between their legs. That and the guys who sweat their ass off on the machines and don't bother wiping them afterwords.

I do however confess to blasting protein farts all over the gym, especially near the affliction pricks.
    There were a gang of guys at my gym clogging up the same bench press area. About 8 and actually they looked like a gang. One or two pushing weight, 2 sitting on other machines, 2 taking self portraits after they pumped their biceps. And 2 just standing about and all chit chatting.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    There were a gang of guys at my gym clogging up the same bench press area. About 8 and actually they looked like a gang. One or two pushing weight, 2 sitting on other machines, 2 taking self portraits after they pumped their biceps. And 2 just standing about and all chit chatting.
    similar group here...loud talking leaning on machines..get the fvck out my way PUNKS

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    similar group here...loud talking leaning on machines..get the fvck out my way PUNKS
    I can't get away with that.....and I was surprised that no one approached them. Too many in number I guess

TYHO127 is offline Junior Member
    Hate those guys. They might as well be hanging at the mall cuz we know they aren't really training

GymHero is offline Senior Member
    Today.. i was going to do preacher curls but this guy was standing behind the bench doing hammer curls with 15lb db's... I didn't want to be rude so i was waiting... 2 mins pass by and i just decide to say " excuse me please " and sat down and did my set.. He was literaly standing for 5-7 mins doing hammer curls.. Then proceeds to stand infront of the db rack infront of the weight i want ... Not to meantion he was there with his buddy and they had matching hats on.. very cute

9za4ck4 is offline Associate Member
    Try working at a gym...peak season alone makes you want to part from this world early, if i listed the things that ppl do that i hate i would create this into a book

reiss c is offline Associate Member
    I was at gym last night and doing my arm routine then went change weights so here am walking up down rack thinking so pri*k hasnt put weights back proper (another annoying thing )

turn round to see a gym member doing his bicep With 2 different weights. So may b his left arm is lil smaller but come on!!

So walk up up him say mate u do realise u have 2 different weights. Then with in couple 2nds red faced says oh sh**

Lol. MADE my day tho

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    That moment you finish your last set, and you have the next exercise all ready to go in your mind, and you look over and that machine is just getting taken from you ARGH honestly get out of my head!

Quote Originally Posted by 9za4ck4 View Post
    Try working at a gym...peak season alone makes you want to part from this world early, if i listed the things that ppl do that i hate i would create this into a book
    just write one post for each offense a day dont bottle it all up dont wanna read about some nice guy throating some schmuck in the squat rack...i can see the headlines now..."man with under armour shirt found dead in squat rack at golds with curl bar wrapped around neck"

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post

just write one post for each offense a day dont bottle it all up dont wanna read about some nice guy throating some schmuck in the squat rack...i can see the headlines now..."man with under armour shirt found dead in squat rack at golds with curl bar wrapped around neck"

lmao
    Lmao!

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    When your in the gym and you get we boys in with gloves on that stare at you. And they sit and talk taking the benches up that makes me fuc_king mad.

Blog Entries
    the planet fittnes a mile away from my gym has just removed all benches and any weight over 50 lbs so now my gym is flooded with these posers trying to make my gym there new social club...now to be fair there is a few of them that look pretty good and they are the polite/respectful ones but most are just young douchbags with huge egos, god knows why...im trying to be patient...

This is one that makes me laugh, my roommate and his woman are going to Mexico on the 26th. He started coming with me to the gym so his arms won't be so flabby (he's 221lb roughly 45% bf) for the beach. Keep in mind he started going a week ago.. But wait this is what gets me.... I'm there doing triceps and shoulders and he goes on telling me I'm not working enough muscle groups and I'm lifting to heavy.. Oh dear. I'm ten pounds lighter then him now with about 18% body fat. I didn't get here by spankin the monkey all day eating Doritos and playing halo... I hate humans.

25 to 30% is fat obese human life

i think someone termed those over 30 like 30-50% as...

the genus landwhale

9za4ck4 is offline Associate Member
    theres a guy i particularly dont like, maybe 5'11 weighs 135ish maybe 140, likes to flex a lottttttt in the mirror, maybe i wouldn't hate this guy so much if he didnt act like a complete fk head, but whenever theres females around the db rack he goes 10times harder at flexing.....i really dont get this guy he flexes more then he works out then walks around like a hard a** its rather annoying

jmcbride69 is offline Junior Member
    I work out at the YMCA a couple days a week (i workout a work 3 days a week)and if any of y'all have a membership to the Y then y'all will defiantly understand. I hate that place and I'm probably gonna switch to the 24/7 where most of the guys on gear go. Anyways it's a freaking social club and I have to sit there and stare people down to hurry the hell up or just jump in. There's one kid there that I have no idea what body parts he's working. I don't know if he's doing curls or bent over rows. I'm gonna help him one day but it entertainment for the time being. And I can't get my buddy to stop using that stupid sting ray brace for his shoulders when doing squats. So gay

Sick_beard is offline Banned
    One time a female at the gym OFFERED to spot me doing DB shoulder presses although I wasn't even looking for help. Then she sits in my place and starts critiquing my form and demonstrating how to do the movement properly with imaginary dumbbells..

I had to urge to lift her over my head, do some presses, then smash her at the mirror ahead.

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    When I'm talking to a hottie and a couple of my buds come up and join the conversation. GTFO!

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Guys that go to the gym to talk to hotties! Lift or GTFO! Lol jk

^ I do both. I'm there all damn day and love it.

EverettCD is offline Member
    The fat guy in the worn out sweat pants & Slayer tshirt walking around like he's the biggest guy there. I'm pretty sure every gym has one of these idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

AK1983 is offline Associate Member
    Girl who doesn't leave me alone when I am exercising

Quote Originally Posted by AK1983;634***7
    You sure they're women?

thor43 is offline New Member
    bicep curlers in the dam squat rack!!!!

jmcbride69 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thor43
    bicep curlers in the dam squat rack!!!!
    Hate that crap. We only have one squat rack. Nobody in the gym gtg. Full gym wtf

AnabolicDoc is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Top Ten Things That Bother Me at the Gym:

1) Guys who work out while wearing sunglasses.

2) When same idiot wears a hat with the sunglasses.

2) When same guy gets on the pec fly machine, puts the pin in the bottom weight, uses his whole body to do the first set, and then just does a few more reps with 5 inches of movement in each direction. Lower the weight and at least do it somewhat correctly.

4) Girls that are hot from far away. Then u get close and they're busted but they act like they're a 10.

5) Ppl who stay on the same machine for half an hour. Others want to use it too. Don't rest for 10 min bw sets, and don't do 30 rep sets unless your doing abs, calves forearms, etc.

6) Ppl who wear too much cologne/perfume.

7) Trainers who make a lot of noise to get attention. It's very distracting while trying to workout.

8) Guys who grunt while benching what I curl.

9) Scrawny guys in tank tops.

10) When you catch the scrawny guy in the tank top flexing in the mirror constantly.

AK1983 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AK1983;634***7
    Yeah 100% having a handsome face is an issue some times

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicDoc View Post
    Top Ten Things That Bother Me at the Gym:

1) Guys who work out while wearing sunglasses.

2) When same idiot wears a hat with the sunglasses.

2) When same guy gets on the pec fly machine, puts the pin in the bottom weight, uses his whole body to do the first set, and then just does a few more reps with 5 inches of movement in each direction. Lower the weight and at least do it somewhat correctly.

4) Girls that are hot from far away. Then u get close and they're busted but they act like they're a 10.

5) Ppl who stay on the same machine for half an hour. Others want to use it too. Don't rest for 10 min bw sets, and don't do 30 rep sets unless your doing abs, calves forearms, etc.

6) Ppl who wear too much cologne/perfume.

7) Trainers who make a lot of noise to get attention. It's very distracting while trying to workout.

8) Guys who grunt while benching what I curl.

9) Scrawny guys in tank tops.

10) When you catch the scrawny guy in the tank top flexing in the mirror constantly.
    That doesn't piss me off it just makes me LOL. We had the skinny kid that seriously would do a quick set with terrible form and then spend the next 5 minutes standing in front of the mirror trying to flex his non existent peck or bicep as if he was in his bedroom in complete privacy oblivious to what a dork he was being and a spectacle.

At first I though he might be mentally challenged but after time I realized he was serous and thought this was helping somehow. He also use to hop up and down in front of the mirror almost like he was excited and yes I'm sure he was not mentally challenged or at least not to the capacity of being considered special, he was just special.... lol

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    This pissed/creeped me out a couple days ago:

It's around 3am, my brother and I are doing legs and this aspiring bodybuilder walks in to the gym. While I'm leg pressing, my brother claimed the dude dropped his pants and started posing in the mirror in the middle of the gym. I didn't see it so I made fun of my brother for noticing. Anyways, so fast forward a good 10 or 20 mins and we're over at the hip abductor machine and here he is again. This time wearing a pair of Speedos and doing lat pulldowns. Every set he steps away from the machine to come within 3 feet of my brother and mine's heads and proceeds to do some more poses. This time he's like trying to point his ass directly at our heads while trying to appear like he's looking in the mirror. I mean, he could've gone to any part of the gym (which was empty at this time), but he HAD to do it right in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    This pissed/creeped me out a couple days ago:

It's around 3am, my brother and I are doing legs and this aspiring bodybuilder walks in to the gym. While I'm leg pressing, my brother claimed the dude dropped his pants and started posing in the mirror in the middle of the gym. I didn't see it so I made fun of my brother for noticing. Anyways, so fast forward a good 10 or 20 mins and we're over at the hip abductor machine and here he is again. This time wearing a pair of Speedos and doing lat pulldowns. Every set he steps away from the machine to come within 3 feet of my brother and mine's heads and proceeds to do some more poses. This time he's like trying to point his ass directly at our heads while trying to appear like he's looking in the mirror. I mean, he could've gone to any part of the gym (which was empty at this time), but he HAD to do it right in front of us.
    Ewwww I mean if you are gay that's fine but that's borderline sexual harassment. If a guy did that to a woman he would be kicked out or arrested. That's just weird/gross. Personally I would say something to management and also leave anytime he is arround. OR, just take out your phone and start snapping pictures and laughing and hopefully he will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Ewwww I mean if you are gay that's fine but that's borderline sexual harassment. If a guy did that to a woman he would be kicked out or arrested. That's just weird/gross. Personally I would say something to management and also leave anytime he is arround. OR, just take out your phone and start snapping pictures and laughing and hopefully he will go away.
    He seemed juiced up, so maybe he reads this site and will get the hint? I don't know if the dude was gay or not, and I really don't care either. He's obviously mentally unbalanced and looking for attention..

But yeah tonight my brother and I talked to the guy behind the desk about it. I guess he spoke to this dude before about doing this very same thing. Fvcking creepy as hell.

I dont get it. You hear about that stuff but??? Why go to all the trouble of getting in that kind of shape and then ingest something that fvcks with your head like that? Seems counter productive. Also pisses me off some people take it for granted like that.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I dont get it. You hear about that stuff but??? Why go to all the trouble of getting in that kind of shape and then ingest something that fvcks with your head like that? Seems counter productive. Also pisses me off some people take it for granted like that.
    I didn't mean he seemed high on drugs. I mean he looked like he's no stranger to gear. I think it had a lot to do with what Greg Valentino said about himself looking for attention from anyone.

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    people doin curls right in front of the rack, so ****in inconsiderate and annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330 View Post
    people doin curls right in front of the rack, so ****in inconsiderate and annoying
    100% totally this.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by likelifting View Post
    100% totally this.
    The people who gather in front of you in the mirror when your trying to watch (concentrate) on your form and total contraction. It's obvious that your using the mirror for a very useful purpose...not crazy

Thread Information