Page 4 of 198 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Ask DSM anything.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Is it gay if a guy gives you a handjob, but your thinking about a girl?
    Oh....and your blindfolded
    Sorry but gay.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    How are you doing emotionally?
    Good just worried about LTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger527 View Post
    How do ants know when it is going to rain?
    Are you sure that the ants' behavior was triggered by the forthcoming rain or was it a coincidence with the activity being triggered by something as mundane as the equinox? March is the wettest month of the year in Sydney so any activity is likely to coincide with rain. Not only that, Sydney is the wettest of the State capital cities and it rains, on average, one day in three. Any ant activity is likely to be followed within a few days by rain even though the two are not related in any way. Over in Perth, a contributor to the SSS forum, Perdrothefish, paid special attention to the local ants as Tropical Cyclone Steve wended its way aross WA. He knew rain was coming in a few days so he watched the ants carefully to see if they anticipated the rain in any way at all. They didn't. One example does not prove the point but it is a good indicator towards further study on the subject.

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    How long does fresh chicken good for if kept in a sealed container in the fridge?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger527 View Post
    How long does fresh chicken good for if kept in a sealed container in the fridge?
    Temperature and sanitation are the two keys to maintaining a chicken’s freshness. Most prepackaged chicken has a “use by” or “freeze by” statement. Assuming the chicken is immediately refrigerated at 39 degrees or below, it should stand up to that date. Chicken kept in the refrigerator beyond that date may become unsuitable for consumption. Remember, any chicken with an odor or sticky surface is likely beginning to spoil. If in doubt, throw it out.

Charger527 is offline Senior Member
    thanks DSM

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    this is the bummer about me not getting on during the weekends... i could miss sweet threads like this...

i have a question...

Why Am I A Whore?? Why Cant I Stop?? I Want To Settle Down, Just Cant Seem Too!!

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    Have you ever experamened with a gerbal?

Bio-boosted is offline Member
    Can an omnipotent god (God?) create a rock so heavy s/he cannot lift it?

And, can the same omniscient creator descide to change his/her mind?

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    How'd you get to be such a sexy bitch?

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Are the movie(s) "The Matrix" based on a true story?
    Last edited by Dizz28; 11-10-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Voland View Post
    which are the best color (for a tshit) for a blonde, green/blue eyed, pale as snow dude like me? I'm wearing those with black pants and shoes.
    which are the best colors (for a longsleeve shit) for a blonde, green/blue eyed, pale as snow dude like me? I'm wearing those with dark/black jeans and black adiddas.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FREAK
    when my dog licks his balls does he do it cause it feels good or is he just cleaning them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    I do it because it feels good
    Fcukin hell .... my long lost brother and I find out he licks his dogs' balls!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    this is the bummer about me not getting on during the weekends... i could miss sweet threads like this...

i have a question...

Why Am I A Whore?? Why Cant I Stop?? I Want To Settle Down, Just Cant Seem Too!!
    It's in your blood. You can but you choose not to. Again, you can't or you don't want to ?

Quote Originally Posted by OH REALLY View Post
    Have you ever experamened with a gerbal?
    Hellz no.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-boosted View Post
    Can an omnipotent god (God?) create a rock so heavy s/he cannot lift it?

And, can the same omniscient creator descide to change his/her mind?
    The question is null since there is no god.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    How'd you get to be such a sexy bitch?
    Following my b/f's order when it came to cloths

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz28 View Post
    Are the movie(s) "The Matrix" based on a true story?
    I would hope so (love them)

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    why do womans jeans have a fly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FREAK View Post
    why do womans jeans have a fly
    It helps open the jeans so they can easily slide them around their fat tights.

What is the meaning of Life?

Blog Entries
    What is the meaning of Life?
    Treat people as though you would like to be treated. Don't spend too much of your precious time on earth on forums.

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Meaning of life is to give your life meaning DUH!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed500 View Post
    Meaning of life is to give your life meaning DUH!!
    Thats not a question :

How to Ask a Question Intelligently

Just how do you ask a question that not only appears intelligent but also results in an answer that satisfies the knowledge you are seeking? Here are some tips for asking more open-minded and informed questions that will help not only you but others to comprehend information placed before you, as well as extracting more information useful to you.

1. Start with something simple. Asking something simple first lets the information provider know that you are about to state your opinion but that you fully realize that you do not comprehend the whole story and that you are hoping they can fill in some gaps. For example, "Have you heard about the latest modifications to the Farm Bill?"
    2. Define exactly what it is you want to know. Before you pose a question, it is important to have a concept of what is unclear about the information in your head, otherwise you risk creating confusion and not getting an answer that satisfies what you seek to know.

* Don't ask: "Can you tell me more about droughts in the Southwest?"
    * Ask: "I've heard people saying that recent droughts in the Southwest are due to global warming, but others say it's just part of a natural cycle. Which do you think it is?"
    3. Never ask a question in an aggressive manner. This indicates that you are only asking the question to prove to the other person that you are right and they are wrong, meaning that you are argumentative and not open-minded. Ask because you are genuinely interested. Otherwise, you will receive a defensive and less than helpful response.

* Don't ask: "Isn't it true that more people would be well-fed if we ate grains directly rather than feeding it to animals and eating their meat?"
    * Ask: "Many vegetarians argue that there'd be more food available if society didn't invest in meat production. The argument seems to make sense, but do you know of any arguments on the flip side?"
    4. Lay your concepts or ideas and assumptions on the table. Take care to make sure that the other person is fully aware of exactly what your current thinking is and why you think it. You can do this by stating who you are and what field you are working in, studying or researching. You do not have to be studying a course - anything about which you are passionate and spend much time learning about is "study" or "research".
    5. Ask politely and second-guess carefully. You are seeking information to fill a gap in your knowledge and here is the person who may have the answer, so be polite! If appropriate, if you do not really feel comfortable with the response or feel that it does not respond to what you have asked, proceed gently by asking how they know this information. Ask what the general trend is that would short cut a path to that knowledge, meaning that you are seeking the tools to answer the questions yourself from this point onwards.
    6. Be gracious. If you find the information provider is beginning to feel uncomfortable and maybe out of their depth, do not press the issues. Unless you are questioning in a professional capacity as a journalist, Senator or a lawyer, it is rare that a public grilling amounts to any good under most situations. As a member of the public or a student in class, you are seeking information, not a roasting. Back down and thank them. Often there will be time afterwards to chase them up and discuss things privately. Even if you are trying to extract information in the public interest, intelligent questioning will gather much information towards a good campaign.
    7. Thank the person. Try and return the favor sometime.

http://www.wikihow.com/Ask-a-Question-Intelligently

Have you ever been shit on?

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Thats not a question :

How to Ask a Question Intelligently

Just how do you ask a question that not only appears intelligent but also results in an answer that satisfies the knowledge you are seeking? Here are some tips for asking more open-minded and informed questions that will help not only you but others to comprehend information placed before you, as well as extracting more information useful to you.

1. Start with something simple. Asking something simple first lets the information provider know that you are about to state your opinion but that you fully realize that you do not comprehend the whole story and that you are hoping they can fill in some gaps. For example, "Have you heard about the latest modifications to the Farm Bill?"
    2. Define exactly what it is you want to know. Before you pose a question, it is important to have a concept of what is unclear about the information in your head, otherwise you risk creating confusion and not getting an answer that satisfies what you seek to know.

* Don't ask: "Can you tell me more about droughts in the Southwest?"
    * Ask: "I've heard people saying that recent droughts in the Southwest are due to global warming, but others say it's just part of a natural cycle. Which do you think it is?"
    3. Never ask a question in an aggressive manner. This indicates that you are only asking the question to prove to the other person that you are right and they are wrong, meaning that you are argumentative and not open-minded. Ask because you are genuinely interested. Otherwise, you will receive a defensive and less than helpful response.

* Don't ask: "Isn't it true that more people would be well-fed if we ate grains directly rather than feeding it to animals and eating their meat?"
    * Ask: "Many vegetarians argue that there'd be more food available if society didn't invest in meat production. The argument seems to make sense, but do you know of any arguments on the flip side?"
    4. Lay your concepts or ideas and assumptions on the table. Take care to make sure that the other person is fully aware of exactly what your current thinking is and why you think it. You can do this by stating who you are and what field you are working in, studying or researching. You do not have to be studying a course - anything about which you are passionate and spend much time learning about is "study" or "research".
    5. Ask politely and second-guess carefully. You are seeking information to fill a gap in your knowledge and here is the person who may have the answer, so be polite! If appropriate, if you do not really feel comfortable with the response or feel that it does not respond to what you have asked, proceed gently by asking how they know this information. Ask what the general trend is that would short cut a path to that knowledge, meaning that you are seeking the tools to answer the questions yourself from this point onwards.
    6. Be gracious. If you find the information provider is beginning to feel uncomfortable and maybe out of their depth, do not press the issues. Unless you are questioning in a professional capacity as a journalist, Senator or a lawyer, it is rare that a public grilling amounts to any good under most situations. As a member of the public or a student in class, you are seeking information, not a roasting. Back down and thank them. Often there will be time afterwards to chase them up and discuss things privately. Even if you are trying to extract information in the public interest, intelligent questioning will gather much information towards a good campaign.
    7. Thank the person. Try and return the favor sometime.

http://www.wikihow.com/Ask-a-Question-Intelligently

Blog Entries
    Have you ever been shit on?
    Negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Reed500 View Post
    don't cry its called tough love...... (im such a softy)

How do you manage not to get shit on?

Blog Entries
    How do you manage not to get shit on?
    How do you ?

Who would win in a fight

Chuck Norris vs Steven Segal

Van Damme vs Sylvester Stallon

Jet Lee vs Jackie Chan

Bruce lee vs Bruce Willis

And Finally....

Mrs Bush vs Mrs Obama

Tambit24 is offline Member
    How come you didn't anwser my question?

How is I eat 8oz of turkey, 1.25 cups of rice, and handful cashews ten minutes ago and I'm still hungry??

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?
    Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?
    Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?
    Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
    Why is a boxing ring square?
    Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
    Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
    Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

xavier_888888 is offline Senior Member
    Why does cornbeef does not have corn?

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    How do you ?
    This is not ask OH REALLY any thing this is ask DSM any thing you must have gotten shit on once just a little maybe.....little bite...

Blog Entries
    Who would win in a fight

Chuck Norris vs Steven Segal

Van Damme vs Sylvester Stallon

Jet Lee vs Jackie Chan

Bruce lee vs Bruce Willis

And Finally....

Mrs Bush vs Mrs Obama
    Chuck
    Stallon
    Jackie
    I love willis but Lee
    Obama

Quote Originally Posted by BritishColumbian View Post
    Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?
    Why does the sun lighten our hair, but darken our skin?
    Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?
    Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?
    Why is a boxing ring square?
    Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
    Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
    Can fat people go skinny-dipping?
    Nope but it makes the family feel better.

Sun darkens skin because it triggers the production of melanin, a brownish-black pigment that helps filter out harmful ultraviolet rays. It lightens hair because the UV light triggers the breakdown of these selfsame melanin molecules into simpler and evidently less colorful compounds. The exact mechanism by which this is accomplished is not as clear as it might be. "The ionic pathway probably begins by nucleophilic attack of the peroxide anion on the o-quinone grouping," says one medical text, clearly written by the kind of guy you wouldn't want to have season tickets next to at the ballgame. The melanin in both skin and hair is meant to protect the other tissue, but in skin it's renewed (and thus the skin gets darker) whereas in hair it's not, since hair is no longer living.

They can but choose not to.

Because they don't

It would be next to impossible to design a circular rope system providing the same flexibility and support that the present system is capable of providing. From a purely mechanical perspective, the square "ring" is the most efficient design.

As to why it's still called a "ring" has to do with tradition. In the early days of boxing, a "ring" was formed by the spectators (like a schoolyard fight). But since the spectators often wagered money on the outcome of the event, it was common for spectators to interfere with the fight if the boxers got too close to the edges of the ring. The need for a barrier was self evident. But the name was kept to honor the pioneers of the sport. They earned the honor... they didn't use boxing gloves back then!

Lemons contain citric acid. Which is a weak acid. If we drank a jug of citric acid...well lets leave that to our imagination.

Now this citric acid is useful for cleaning dishes cuz well its a acid.

Because people buy cat food, not cats.

yes.

Does underware make the pubic hair curl?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xavier_888888 View Post
    Why does cornbeef does not have corn?
    Corned beef is a cut of beef (usually brisket, but sometimes round or silverside) cured or pickled in a seasoned brine. The "corn" in "corned beef" refers to the "corn" or grains of coarse salts used to cure it. The Oxford English Dictionary dates the usage of "corn," meaning "small hard particle, a grain, as of sand or salt," to 888, and the term "corned beef" to 1621.[1] The term "corned beef" can denote different styles of brine-cured beef, depending on the region. Some, like American-style corned beef, are highly seasoned and often considered delicatessen fare.

Blog Entries
    Does underware make the pubic hair curl?
    no

Hormones give pubic hairs their curl.

Sex hormones make pubic hair follicles an oval shape, according to Andrew Thompson, author of "Why Skies are Blue and Parrots Talk: Answers to the Questions You've Always Wanted to Ask" (John Blake, 2005).

Oval-shaped follicles give rise to similarly shaped hairs. The oval shape puts a curly kink in each hair.

Conversely, Thompson says straight hair sprouts from round follicles, which are less likely to curl pieces of hair.

The purpose of curly kinky pubic hairs remains a mystery to scientists, however.

Why is saliva disgusting when its already out from your mouth? But whey its inside your mouth you swallow it and its ok.

Tambit24 is offline Member
    ok, I'll ask again. Why do I get tired after taking my ECA stacks?

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    WOW, you are doin a pretty good job answering questions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BritishColumbian View Post
    WOW, you are doin a pretty good job answering questions.
    Thank you.

Why is saliva disgusting when its already out from your mouth? But whey its inside your mouth you swallow it and its ok.
    Saliva has a number of purposes which make it an extremely useful substance, making it sorely missed when people experience reduced salivary output. In addition to playing a role in the digestive process, saliva is also very important for oral health. Some animals have developed additional uses for their saliva. Swifts, for example, have particularly gummy saliva which they used to glue their nests together.

One of saliva's most important roles is as a lubricator. Saliva keeps the mucus membranes of the mouth moist, making them less subject to cracking and discomfort. This fluid also lubricates food in the mouth, making it easier to chew and swallow. As anyone who has experienced dry mouth knows, a mouth without saliva in it can start to feel extremely uncomfortable very quickly, especially if you try to eat.

Saliva also contains several enzymes which perform various functions. The enzyme lysozyme is antibacterial, so it helps to keep levels of oral bacteria at a manageable level. Digestive enzymes like amylase are also present in saliva, breaking food down before it reaches the stomach to make it easier to digest. When the enzyme balance of saliva is disrupted, it can cause health problems, most commonly in the form of a flourishing of bacteria in the mouth.

This substance also has a number of minerals which are regularly deposited on the teeth, helping to keep them healthy and to insulate them from bacteria in the mouth. In some cases, mineral deposits may build up too much, in which case they are known as plaque. The digestive enzymes in saliva also work to dissolve particles of food caught between the teeth, ensuring that they do not rot and compromise oral health.

Although saliva is highly beneficial, it is best kept in the mouth. While saliva has some antibacterial properties, it should not be used like an antibacterial agent, contrary to popular belief, because the mouth is inherently not sterile. Applying saliva to a wound could lead to the introduction of oral bacteria to the bloodstream, and this is not desired. Saliva can also harbor some viruses, which is one of the reasons people are encouraged to avoid kissing sick people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tambit24 View Post
    ok, I'll ask again. Why do I get tired after taking my ECA stacks?
    You need to cycle on/off . After a while your body will get use to it.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    Great thread DSM!

Can you keep up this pace though???

I wonder...

DSM,

This qestion I have asked myself plentyof times:

How can I be so thirsty when I drank so much last nght?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    Great thread DSM!

Can you keep up this pace though???

I wonder...
    Yes. Ask my b/f, im like the energizer bunny.

DSM,

This qestion I have asked myself plentyof times:

How can I be so thirsty when I drank so much last nght?
    Drank as in water or alcohol ?

Thread Information