Page 25 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035751255251025 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,000 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Mornin chief

Yesterday's back workout

Wide pull downs
    Cable chins
    Kneeling narrow pull downs
    Seated wide rows

Biceps

Ez bar curls
    DB hammer curls

All done in your style
    Warm up
    2 x feel sets
    1 x working set to fail forced and negs
    Drop sets

The out come was skin tighter than a Scotsmans wallet and quivering like someone in your cellar
    :-)

Lovin it
    Yeah yeah that's all good and well but we want to hear about the latest injection fubar. lol
    I'm still digging the AV.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Mornin chief

Yesterday's back workout

Wide pull downs
    Cable chins
    Seated wide rows

Biceps

Ez bar curls
    DB hammer curls

All done in your style
    Warm up
    2 x feel sets
    Drop sets

The out come was skin tighter than a Scotsmans wallet and quivering like someone in your cellar

Lovin it
    Looking good and sounds like you had a good one. Stick some bent over rowing or one arm dumbell rowing for back and also stick some preacher in with biceps mate..... go with either forced and negs or drops..

Well done

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Thanx biggun :-)

Today done chest and tri

Incline press like independant hammer machine
    Upright seated incline press
    Chest rotator machine
    Pec dec

Seated tri dips
    V bar press

Again everything done to fail with drop sets and negatives

My upper chest and tri are soooooooo pumped
    Wow :-)

Mornin chief

Yesterday's back workout

Wide pull downs
    Cable chins
    Seated wide rows

Biceps

Ez bar curls
    DB hammer curls

All done in your style
    Warm up
    2 x feel sets
    Drop sets

Lovin it
    I think you are missing a couple sets. I did curls tonight and mine was like this.

Seated barbell curls 2 warm up sets 2 x 20 reps
    2 working sets- 6 reps +2 forced

Incline dumbbell curls 2 working sets - 8 reps + 2 forced

Hammer curls 3 straight sets 14,12,10

Preacher curls, 2 working sets 8 reps + 2 forced

I cant do negatives since I work out alone.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts

I think you are missing a couple sets. I did curls tonight and mine was like this.

Seated barbell curls 2 warm up sets 2 x 20 reps
    2 working sets- 6 reps +2 forced

Incline dumbbell curls 2 working sets - 8 reps + 2 forced

Hammer curls 3 straight sets 14,12,10

Preacher curls, 2 working sets 8 reps + 2 forced

I cant do negatives since I work out alone.
    Dude in all honesty and truth once I had done my back I literally had nothing left in the tank so I forced myself to do the 2 exercises just to get my biceps pumped :-)

Maybe next time I'll manage more lol

faither is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milky01623

Dude in all honesty and truth once I had done my back I literally had nothing left in the tank so I forced myself to do the 2 exercises just to get my biceps pumped :-)

Is there a reason for doing biceps with your back as back is all pulling using your biceps as well ?i do biceps with chest .just curious I know your biceps will be preexhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by faither

Is there a reason for doing biceps with your back as back is all pulling using your biceps as well ?i do biceps with chest .just curious I know your biceps will be preexhausted.
    Very good question lol
    The problem I have is that I only get 3 days to train fri,sat & Sunday so as u can imagine its all very intense and with help and advice from the big man I'm now understanding how to get the best results but in answer to your question none other than I thought they might respond better as like you say they're already pumped so a little more aggravating them may make them grow but I am open to ideas so please give your input as I will take it on board but like I say I'm experimenting what is the best groups to train and when
    Please I need all the help and info I can get to train in a manner that helps me grow :-)

Ahhh I get you. I typically do 1 body part a day. Most of the time I have a bad habit of over training. I usually do 2x what I wrote above but im trying to tone it down.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member

I've run into that especially when doing HIT training. I had to switch my bicep day (do it with shoulders now) because I couldn't get a third exercise in after doing back. Now I do back and traps (sometimes rear delts) so that I can do Bi's after shoulders.

Thanx biggun :-)

Today done chest and tri

Incline press like independant hammer machine
    Upright seated incline press
    Chest rotator machine
    Pec dec

Seated tri dips
    V bar press

Again everything done to fail with drop sets and negatives

My upper chest and tri are soooooooo pumped
    Wow :-)
    either do forced and negs or dropsets but not both my friend, well done

Quote Originally Posted by faither View Post
    exactly why if your going to do a minor muscle group with a major (back) you should couple it with bicep, if your doing hit training and your going that hard and intense your bicep are already pre-exhausted so you might aswell throw them in. dont want to be doing back with also stimulate biceps then hitting biceps on another day, they will never recover or grow so. with chest your better doing triceps because of the same reason. h to their own but when you do this kind of training correctly its hard to do the whole body twice per week, once is enough

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300

exactly why if your going to do a minor muscle group with a major (back) you should couple it with bicep, if your doing hit training and your going that hard and intense your bicep are already pre-exhausted so you might aswell throw them in. dont want to be doing back with also stimulate biceps then hitting biceps on another day, they will never recover or grow so. with chest your better doing triceps because of the same reason. h to their own but when you do this kind of training correctly its hard to do the whole body twice per week, once is enough
    Thanks Marcus I get your thinking behind that . I'm going to do chest tomorrow going to give it a try with triceps . Suppose you won't have to go as heavy on the triceps since they have done work with chest ?

Thanks Marcus I get your thinking behind that . I'm going to do chest tomorrow going to give it a try with triceps . Suppose you won't have to go as heavy on the triceps since they have done work with chest ?
    They will already be warmed up and pre exhausted indirectly so if i do a major muscle group with a minor I always do back with bi's and chest or delts with tri's

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Definitely agree with marcus! I usually only do one drop set cause tris are tired after chest or bis are after back so I do a bi tri day once a week.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Marcus : when we talk about back thickness and width, we are referring to the traps and the lats respectively right ?

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox
    Definitely agree with marcus! I usually only do one drop set cause tris are tired after chest or bis are after back so I do a bi tri day once a week.
    Gearbox what split do you do ? Sounds good Idea to have separate arms day where do you fit it in your splt ?

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Since I started your HIT.
    I do
    Back/one set bis.
    Chest one set tries
    Rest
    Legs/shoulders
    Rest
    Arms
    Rest repeat.
    It changes a little each week. Sometimes I do shoulders
    with arms or which day or of chest legs. Depends how lower back feels from dead lifts and rc feel from chest or shoulders. Just the minor aches and pains from trying to lift heavy with form

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox
    Since I started your HIT.
    I do
    Back/one set bis.
    Chest one set tries
    Rest
    Legs/shoulders
    Rest
    Arms
    Rest repeat.
    It changes a little each week. Sometimes I do shoulders
    with arms or which day or of chest legs. Depends how lower back feels from dead lifts and rc feel from chest or shoulders. Just the minor aches and pains from trying to lift heavy with form
    I got you gearbox sounds sweet . "Minor aches and pains "wish mine were but you can't beat Father Time lol. happy lifting sir.

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    Marcus : when we talk about back thickness and width, we are referring to the traps and the lats respectively right ?
    The thicknesss of your lower,middle and upper back area. When I do back my main focus is on either width or thickness for me it works better and my back has responded

Gearbox what split do you do ? Sounds good Idea to have separate arms day where do you fit it in your splt ?
    I do my arms on a serperate day, bi's,tri's and forearms

Mental note

Don't let the doc administer my nebido in future let the nurse fvck I'm in agony 5 secs and its all in

Mental note

Don't let the doc administer my nebido in future let the nurse fvck I'm in agony 5 secs and its all in
    I just pick up the prescription and do it myself never had anyone do it for me

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Mental note

are you sure it wasn't water!?!? 5sec??!! or was he using 18G pin?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Mental note

My God man, even when somebody else does it for you it's comedy, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I swear on my kids lives this is what happend

Went last Friday for the injection I get there no nurse but the dr will do it I enter the room and on the table is 4 1ml amps lined up I think wtf she then asks do these look right to you I pick 1 up it says on it 250mg sustanon so I say miso then she writes a script for neb to be done today
    I get there with the neb she then gets a 21g 1.5 and 5ml syringe starts to draw it up,she then changes to a 23g 1" as it doesn't draw up very well she then starts to get stressed as she can't draw it into the barrel so changes again to a harpoon 18g 2" eventually gets it in the barrel and fires it in my r glute in under 5 secs no shyte

This can only happen to me!!!!!!
    Lovbytes will enjoy this lol :-)

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member

Went last Friday for the injection I get there no nurse but the dr will do it I enter the room and on the table is 4 1ml amps lined up I think wtf she then asks do these look right to you I pick 1 up it says on it 250mg sustanon so I say miso then she writes a script for neb to be done today
    I get there with the neb she then gets a 21g 1.5 and 5ml syringe starts to draw it up,she then changes to a 23g 1" as it doesn't draw up very well she then starts to get stressed as she can't draw it into the barrel so changes again to a harpoon 18g 2" eventually gets it in the barrel and fires it in my r glute in under 5 secs no shyte

i think the doc was on a coffee break. that must have been the cleaning attendant stepping in.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member

Milky do it yourself if they will give you the option. I had this problem when I started my TRT. I had to go in every week to get my shot of cyp, and the nurses would fire away and leave me bruised and sore for days. Hell one of them actually fired the injection off in my love handle one time, and I didn't realize it till it bruised up and I could see where she stuck me. As soon as I got the option to self inject I jumped on it and have no bruising or pain after each injection.

I just have to say that this is the only way to train! I've always tried to train as close to the HIT style as I could without a training partner, but even with higher volume and pushing every set to failure I would still leave the gym feeling like I could have done more.

I picked up a training partner last week, which allowed me to get the forced reps and negatives I had been missing out on. With that being said, I felt every session for days after with only half the volume of previous sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post
    I just have to say that this is the only way to train! I've always tried to train as close to the HIT style as I could without a training partner, but even with higher volume and pushing every set to failure I would still leave the gym feeling like I could have done more.

I picked up a training partner last week, which allowed me to get the forced reps and negatives I had been missing out on. With that being said, I felt every session for days after with only half the volume of previous sessions.
    Exactly,now watch how much more you will grow.

best of luck

Thanks Marcus, my goal is to hit my first NPC show in august just light enough to make the lightweight class. I have a log running over in the competitive BB forum that shows where I started when I became a member here and ends with my final shots from the bulk classic. Any critique or advice would be much appreciated.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -

Damn I love ya China. Only you.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo

Damn I love ya China. Only you.
    You got it cape lol
    But on a brighter note I trained like an out of control train this weekend lol

Marcus. Today I did

Dumbbell incline presses
    1 feel set 70 lbs
    1 set 90 lbs x 9
    1 set 100 lbs x 6

Smith incline
    225 x 10
    225 x 7 with 2 drop sets

Hammer Strength
    225 x 7
    225 x 6 with 2 drop sets.

Cable cross overs
    1 drop set
    80-60-40-20

How would you tweak this for better results?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Marcus. Today I did

Dumbbell incline presses
    1 feel set 70 lbs
    1 set 90 lbs x 9
    1 set 100 lbs x 6

Smith incline
    225 x 10
    225 x 7 with 2 drop sets

Hammer Strength
    225 x 7

Cable cross overs
    1 drop set
    80-60-40-20

Personally I'd stick with one incline movement since doing 2 pretty much makes the second redundant... Especially with HIT type training...

I'd swap ur incline smith machine for a decline movement... Decline DB recruits more muscle fivers than any other chest movement...

Interested to see what the big man has to say

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Personally I'd stick with one incline movement since doing 2 pretty much makes the second redundant... Especially with HIT type training...

I'd swap ur incline smith machine for a decline movement... Decline DB recruits more muscle fivers than any other chest movement...

Interested to see what the big man has to say
    Due to shoulder issues incline is the only chest movements I can do with out extreme pain for a week and the Chiro having to putting it back in place. Which is quite painful itself.

Marcus. Today I did

Dumbbell incline presses
    1 feel set 70 lbs
    1 set 90 lbs x 9
    1 set 100 lbs x 6

Smith incline
    225 x 10
    225 x 7 with 2 drop sets

Hammer Strength
    225 x 7

Cable cross overs
    1 drop set
    80-60-40-20

Base in correct, stick with one power incline movement if you would of gone all on the incline db press you wont have anything left for the smith machine, so dont leave anything in the tank when doing your incline db press go all out and include forced and negs or drops, the only other incline movement I would of done is flyes straight after the press, then moved onto your hammer and cables but using the same principle forced and negs or drops.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Base in correct, stick with one power incline movement if you would of gone all on the incline db press you wont have anything left for the smith machine, so dont leave anything in the tank when doing your incline db press go all out and include forced and negs or drops, the only other incline movement I would of done is flyes straight after the press, then moved onto your hammer and cables but using the same principle forced and negs or drops.

Thank you Marcus and Base.

Thank you Marcus and Base.
    If shoulder issues prevent you doing a movement then why not just add incline flys as Marcus says or just drop the exercise all together...

3 movements is plenty to fully stimulate chest... Just look at its function... It's very basic...

DB incline
    Hammer Press (flat ???)
    Cable cross overs

Those 3 movements pretty much stimulate the whole chest fully...

Maybe just add an additional set if your concerned about dropping volume too low

Anyway

How's things but man...

Good to see u keeping it fresh with the new AVI's.... Is that Admin?

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Anyway

How's things but man...

Good to see u keeping it fresh with the new AVI's.... Is that Admin?
    Ive had a few new avy's, thing you missed them all.

Glad to see you back

things are going well

how are you

Thread Information