Page 35 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045851355351035 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,400 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300

Oh KP you must try them, warm up to your heaviest were your doing around 4,5,6,7th then dropset and rep, and keep repeating it until you full exhausted. Example lets say your doing 5 plates a side and your hitting around 6, 7 reps max, then you drop a plate a side and rep till you cant do another, then drop another plate a side and rep more until complete failure, then drop again and rep and so on and so on until you are doing one plate a side and holding it at the top for a count of 3 then keep going till your doing half reps. Watch those traps explode, let me know how you get on please
    Certainly will do and thank you again big fella

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Oh KP you must try them, warm up to your heaviest were your doing around 4,5,6,7th then dropset and rep, and keep repeating it until you full exhausted. Example lets say your doing 5 plates a side and your hitting around 6, 7 reps max, then you drop a plate a side and rep till you cant do another, then drop another plate a side and rep more until complete failure, then drop again and rep and so on and so on until you are doing one plate a side and holding it at the top for a count of 3 then keep going till your doing half reps. Watch those traps explode, let me know how you get on please
    I only train trap specific exercises once a month or they get out of control. How they sit now, I do no trap specific work at all for fear that my neck will look like it connects directly to the outter head of my delts =)...

here is a pic from about 3 years ago and I would incorporate traps into the end of the shoulder routine E2W. Definitely not huge, but any bigger and they would be way overly disproportionate...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	136134

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by panntastic View Post
    Certainly will do and thank you again big fella
    Just push to your limits every time you train mate, your not going to gym to fuk around your going to stimulate muscle tissue and grow and explode out of your skin, it take a heart of a lion to train with such intensity that's why there isn't any real big guys walking around, if you want that body what turns heads you go to pay the price and go though extreme pain in the gym. I'm not talking this ***** beach body I mean big massive muscles what even make you think what the fuk are those doing on me. You go in and go to war with yourself and most of all be consistent in your approach and you will be rewarded, don't be afraid to eat and don't be scared of going beyond failure in the pain zone, practise and conquer this approach and your on the way to be one head turner ...

But for the sake of the knowledge (I will try this on monday), do I just go for the 3 second squeeze on the final single plate reps or from the starting weight reps (which were indeed 5 plates x 7-8 reps)

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    I only train trap specific exercises once a month or they get out of control. How they sit now, I do no trap specific work at all for fear that my neck will look like it connects directly to the outter head of my delts =)...

here is a pic from about 3 years ago and I would incorporate traps into the end of the shoulder routine E2W. Definitely not huge, but any bigger and they would be way overly disproportionate...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	136134
    Very nice but bigger would look better imho, go for it mate

Very nice but bigger would look better imho, go for it mate
    yes sir, I will take pics after tomorrows endevour

Do you recommend doing bis and tris during same workout? I just started doing this for the last 2 arm days and while Im getting freakishly huge pumps (from 18" cold to over 20" warm), its causing stretch marks from my pit to almost my elbow

Just push to your limits every time you train mate, your not going to gym to fuk around your going to stimulate muscle tissue and grow and explode out of your skin, it take a heart of a lion to train with such intensity that's why there isn't any real big guys walking around, if you want that body what turns heads you go to pay the price and go though extreme pain in the gym. I'm not talking this ***** beach body I mean big massive muscles what even make you think what the fuk are those doing on me. You go in and go to war with yourself and most of all be consistent in your approach and you will be rewarded, don't be afraid to eat and don't be scared of going beyond failure in the pain zone, practise and conquer this approach and your on the way to be one head turner ...
    You really need to get this down on paper big man seriously
    Reading that just made me want to go to gym for second time today!

Brick is offline Member
    Hey Marcus,

Love your diary/blog. I'm surprised no one has tried to sign you for their site (elitefts, ********* etc). I am glad you are here though and not there subtly pushing their products! Anyways onto my question. I see quite a bit of talk recently about traps and how often they get worked and with what. I have always had quite a bit of difficulty getting traps to respond. I usually work them on shoulder day but recently switched to back day.

Done at end of workout.
    DB shrugs pyramid up then a drop set.

I think I may be doing them wrong however as I don't 'feel' them.

I hold DBs at side elbows slightly back and pull(shrug) traps towards ears and pull shoulder blades up and back. Squeeze and hold at top then slowly lower until DBs are pulling traps down.

Is this correct form? Or should I be doing them differently? I can get up to about 70's for 7-8 but doing reps of 5-6 don't really feel anything. I only really 'feel' it at 8-10 reps.

yes sir, I will take pics after tomorrows endevour

Do you recommend doing bis and tris during same workout? I just started doing this for the last 2 arm days and while Im getting freakishly huge pumps (from 18" cold to over 20" warm), its causing stretch marks from my pit to almost my elbow
    I normally stick shrugs in with shoulder workout and train arms separately. Those are big fuking arm's KP well done how are you working them?

You really need to get this down on paper big man seriously
    Reading that just made me want to go to gym for second time today!
    Thanks Pann, hope it motivated you. Everything starts in the mind so get mentally prepared and your more than half way

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Hey Marcus,

Love your diary/blog. I'm surprised no one has tried to sign you for their site (elitefts, ********* etc). I am glad you are here though and not there subtly pushing their products! Anyways onto my question. I see quite a bit of talk recently about traps and how often they get worked and with what. I have always had quite a bit of difficulty getting traps to respond. I usually work them on shoulder day but recently switched to back day.

Done at end of workout.
    DB shrugs pyramid up then a drop set.

I think I may be doing them wrong however as I don't 'feel' them.

I hold DBs at side elbows slightly back and pull(shrug) traps towards ears and pull shoulder blades up and back. Squeeze and hold at top then slowly lower until DBs are pulling traps down.

Is this correct form? Or should I be doing them differently? I can get up to about 70's for 7-8 but doing reps of 5-6 don't really feel anything. I only really 'feel' it at 8-10 reps.
    You can hit traps either on back or shoulder day, I prefer to do them on shoulder because I have a little bit left in the tank than on back day, back day is brutal and exhausting so my personal choice is delt day.
    db are fine but you need to be shifting some weight and I feel bb would be better, just concentrate on lifting your shoulders up towards your ear no need to be rolling them around once contracted they done. If you read my thread you will see I like dropsetting shrugs but you can also do rest pause but my favourite is dropsetting. I fully warm with 2 sets of high reps and get some burn in my traps, I hold the contraction and also squeeze at the top on the warm up sets.

Then I start doing my working sets, I will pick a weight what I will be aiming to do around 4,5,6,7 reps at the most and on my last rep its not a full rep, lets give an example of 5 plats a side so once ive reached total failure on my heaviest set I will get my partner to take a plate a side off the bar then I start again to total failure yet again, this could be any rep range just depends on you but lets say your hitting around 4,5,6,7 reps again, at failure get your partner to drop a plate a side off the bar again and repeat, aim for a triple drop set and on the last dropset hold the bar at the contraction for a second or so and stretch them at the bottom, the burn is immense and you would of recruited many muscle fibres.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Someday ill be as big as all of ye lol christ depressed here

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Someday ill be as big as all of ye lol christ depressed here
    That's the spirit, be consistent in everything you do and you will reap then regards. When I first started training it was with some huge monsters who took me under their wing and in was being push to the max every workout but one day it was me pushing them and I broke their spirit, we use to chalk our measurement on the gym wall and by the end of the year I pass them all. You get motivated and have focus you will be the best. One thing for sure when I was young and that was no one was going to be bigger with less bf than me, get this attitude and drive forward

BUTTERYGOODNESS is offline Anabolic Member
    Noticed u said something about busting through the skin or something to that effect. I at one point had to get stitches in my tricep where I tore a stretch mark that started bleeding. Got liquid stitches or whatever they're called. Made skin splitting pumps a literal statement. Lol

I normally stick shrugs in with shoulder workout and train arms separately. Those are big fuking arm's KP well done how are you working them?
    I may have miswrote what I meant. I wasn't combining shrugs with arm day, I was wondering if you recommend doing both bis and tris in same workout or splitting them into their own day along with some other part.

As far as the new training routine, it's barbell curl, concentrate curls (hanging) and finish with machine preachers. Tris are overhead rope extensions, then lying dumbbell skull rushers and finish with rope downward extensions. I won't post the sets/reps till after the contest.

I'm hoping the incredible pumps will translate into growth cause I have the worst time trying to grow arms. Always been my weak spot

Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERYGOODNESS View Post
    Noticed u said something about busting through the skin or something to that effect. I at one point had to get stitches in my tricep where I tore a stretch mark that started bleeding. Got liquid stitches or whatever they're called. Made skin splitting pumps a literal statement. Lol
    I actually worried about this on my last arm day. My arms were so tight and swole I couldn't wash my face. It took 4 tries to get my avi pic cause I was shaking lifting my hand that high

I may have miswrote what I meant. I wasn't combining shrugs with arm day, I was wondering if you recommend doing both bis and tris in same workout or splitting them into their own day along with some other part.

As far as the new training routine, it's barbell curl, concentrate curls (hanging) and finish with machine preachers. Tris are overhead rope extensions, then lying dumbbell skull rushers and finish with rope downward extensions. I won't post the sets/reps till after the contest.

I'm hoping the incredible pumps will translate into growth cause I have the worst time trying to grow arms. Always been my weak spot
    yes I do, combining the both on the same day is great

Brick is offline Member
    Marcus,

On shrugs should I let them 'hang and stretch' on all reps or only reps in last drop set?

Thanks. I will use the BB and try this protocol out on my next day shrugs are incorporated!

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power

I actually worried about this on my last arm day. My arms were so tight and swole I couldn't wash my face. It took 4 tries to get my avi pic cause I was shaking lifting my hand that high
    I feel ya man. I never thought that was actually possible until it happened

Marcus,

On shrugs should I let them 'hang and stretch' on all reps or only reps in last drop set?

Thanks. I will use the BB and try this protocol out on my next day shrugs are incorporated!
    Always try and get full movement out of the exercise, I usually do a lot of stretching and hanging during my warm up sets and then hit my working sets with extreme aggressive implementing every little bit of contraction, squeezing and hanging I can, as you drop the weight down this will be come easier but always remember this is your working set so leave nothing in the tank for another set, go balls to the wall and work that muscle properly to failure then beyond

Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERYGOODNESS View Post
    I feel ya man. I never thought that was actually possible until it happened
    That's a sign of a good arm workout, love that feeling

Not trained today yet again due to my front delt issues, getting seriously pissed off with it now and feel myself getting very irritable, will be going in tomorrow to see if I can do some more damage lol

Marcus,

please, for the love of god, please DO NOT load up your shoulders with massive weight and then do those rotating shrugs... I cringe when I see these kids do this. I can almost hear the future grinding they are going to experience.

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Hey big man I've pm'd you check it out when you get 5
    Thnx ;-)

please, for the love of god, please DO NOT load up your shoulders with massive weight and then do those rotating shrugs... I cringe when I see these kids do this. I can almost hear the future grinding they are going to experience.
    KP's got it, no rotating just lift those shoulder up to your ears and contract the traps

Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Hey big man I've pm'd you check it out when you get 5
    Thnx ;-)
    responded

milky01623 is offline Productive Member

responded
    Thanx recieved :-)

Brick is offline Member

Always try and get full movement out of the exercise, I usually do a lot of stretching and hanging during my warm up sets and then hit my working sets with extreme aggressive implementing every little bit of contraction, squeezing and hanging I can, as you drop the weight down this will be come easier but always remember this is your working set so leave nothing in the tank for another set, go balls to the wall and work that muscle properly to failure then beyond
    Thanks buddy. I'm going to work them so hard that you will feel the failure!

That's a sign of a good arm workout, love that feeling
    Agreed lol

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power

Lol. God no! My traps are not growing as much as I want but I know better than to do that!

For the guys who are following this thread can you tell me how big do you really want to be? I mean what stats would you be happy with and do you want to turn heads when you walk in a shop or do you prefer to just have a good body?

Lets here what you really want to look like no matter how extreme it is lets here it

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    5-11 225 lbs 8-10% bf.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    5-9 205 10% for realistic

180 now, 16%

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    For the guys who are following this thread can you tell me how big do you really want to be? I mean what stats would you be happy with and do you want to turn heads when you walk in a shop or do you prefer to just have a good body?

Lets here what you really want to look like no matter how extreme it is lets here it
    years ago I had another answer for this.
    Todays answer: I want to be a walking meat grinder. I have no intrest in IFBB stats. I want to be comfortable in any situation, wear normal clothes, and fit in normal places. 230lbs @ 15%bf. 6'

Want to be massive I mean turn heads massive big man

So guys are you willing to do anything to succeed and achieve your goals or does the health complication scare you?

Want to be massive I mean turn heads massive big man
    How big, what do you want to look like mate ?

How big, what do you want to look like mate ?
    I would give my left nut to be around 260-270 12-15% bf
    This comp is my spring board for that
    I've really let myself go over the past 12 months but have a good base to work from.
    I new to shed the excess bf and then concentrate on growth

That's what's killing me to be honest Marcus I want to get BIG but I know I need to loose the fat first

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    That's the spirit, be consistent in everything you do and you will reap then regards. When I first started training it was with some huge monsters who took me under their wing and in was being push to the max every workout but one day it was me pushing them and I broke their spirit, we use to chalk our measurement on the gym wall and by the end of the year I pass them all. You get motivated and have focus you will be the best. One thing for sure when I was young and that was no one was going to be bigger with less bf than me, get this attitude and drive forward
    Wow great post man. Im oldish now 25 like and only really begining to figure thigs out properly now with routines and the diet etc and I have finally got that ruthlessness in the gym if people are talkng too much ill just start lifting weights in the middle and just say im listening to them etc and the same with my diet im bringing food pre perpared with me etc

I was at a car run at the weekend amd just brought a heap of food with for the day years gone by i wouldnt have done that everyone was laughing but i didnt care lol

I took some pics last night of he progress of 4 weeks of hit ill send them onto you later.

My stats are 5ft 10 and would like to be 230-240 l 's leanish and have symetry

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    So guys are you willing to do anything to succeed and achieve your goals or does the health complication scare you?
    Already living the health complications. So NO they dont. Just trying to deal with them as they come.

Thread Information