Page 40 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550901405401040 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,600 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Glad to hear your getting better, ive had a fever for 2 days but think ive topped out now and coming back down, my diet just went awol and must of lost a ton of weight probably most water at this stage.....cant wait for the rebound
    Cheers man on track thankfully

Jaysus it must be in the air, buddy in the gym is in the situation dying sick. Thankfully, when I get sick like that I never really loose much weight or diet doesn't go to bad but then I don't get sick too often thabk god

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Hello Clarky glad you made it over here and thank you very much for your comments. Your having trouble with your biceps growing then you are not training them hard enough. Try some of the methods ive mentioned in here like dropsets to failure, forced and negatives or rest pause but like you will read throughout this thread its all about training to failure and beyond with immense intensity what puts serious overload on your muscles so they have no alternative but to grow bigger. One of the best methods I personally like using my arms are forced and negatives, when you have gone to positive failure on your own and I mean failure so your last rep is a half rep and you couldn't do another rep if your life depended on it, then do forced reps to complete failure again then negatives which is the torture and pain zone what is only for the hardcore
    Thank you for your reply big man i usually i do my arms on a fri but am not waiting that long lol so i'll do them the mora and i'll let you know if they hurt which im sure they will now.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Thank you for your reply big man i usually i do my arms on a fri but am not waiting that long lol so i'll do them the mora and i'll let you know if they hurt which im sure they will now.
    Just try and get into the mind set for doing some serious muscle tissue damage so they have to grow, this means you are going to have to go to failure and then beyond. Getting failure is a technique and takes a lot of mental pressure to get this right so going beyond failure is something you have to really learn about if you want that serious growth. Pick 3 simple movements like bb, incline and preacher curls and warm up and then do your working sets to the absolute limit you possible can, force growth, over load your muscles and go balls out then use one of the techniques ive talks about to go beyond failure like forced and negs or dropsets or rest pause simple if you get this right and do it correctly and DONT LEAVE ANYTHING IN THE TANK you will grow

Just try and get into the mind set for doing some serious muscle tissue damage so they have to grow, this means you are going to have to go to failure and then beyond. Getting failure is a technique and takes a lot of mental pressure to get this right so going beyond failure is something you have to really learn about if you want that serious growth. Pick 3 simple movements like bb, incline and preacher curls and warm up and then do your working sets to the absolute limit you possible can, force growth, over load your muscles and go balls out then use one of the techniques ive talks about to go beyond failure like forced and negs or dropsets or rest pause simple if you get this right and do it correctly and DONT LEAVE ANYTHING IN THE TANK you will grow
    How many working sets marcus 1 to complete failure on each ex then i will do negatives would that be ok.

If you read my arm workouts it will show and explain it to you but for example only

if your doing bb curls you would do

2 warm up sets - high reps
    1 working set to complete failure and I mean failure, do not leave anything left in the tank for further sets, right down to half rep, then get your partner to help you now with around 2 forced reps, you may do 3 but your positive failure is going to going to be around 2-3 reps worth, then once you have reach this zone, you go into negatives, lower that bar slowly and I mean slow, then get your partner to help you up with the bar and do another negative, probably around 2-3 negs and that movement is done- complete

move on to the next one which would be lets says incline db curls and do the same all over again.

If you read my arm workouts it will show and explain it to you but for example only

if your doing bb curls you would do

2 warm up sets - high reps
    1 working set to complete failure and I mean failure, do not leave anything left in the tank for further sets, right down to half rep, then get your partner to help you now with around 2 forced reps, you may do 3 but your positive failure is going to going to be around 2-3 reps worth, then once you have reach this zone, you go into negatives, lower that bar slowly and I mean slow, then get your partner to help you up with the bar and do another negative, probably around 2-3 negs and that movement is done- complete

move on to the next one which would be lets says incline db curls and do the same all over again.
    Thanks big man understood.

Thanks big man understood.
    If your going to try this kind of training out on your body please report back here and lets us know how the sesson went, how you felt the following 2 days and if you felt it more beneficial that what your use to. Thanks

sawyer86 is offline Member
    marcus did you read my post a couple hours ago on this thread about struggling with back?

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member

How many working sets marcus 1 to complete failure on each ex then i will do negatives would that be ok.
    You have to try mentally and typically need a spot to help you go past failure and beyond. I have been doing Marcus HIT for 8 weeks and I am still working on the mental aspect and cardio aspect. I get tired pushing myself to beyond failure but it most definitely works. And you feel like a monster even if your 190lbs like me

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer86 View Post
    marcus did you read my post a couple hours ago on this thread about struggling with back?
    No but will go back and read it now

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    You have to try mentally and typically need a spot to help you go past failure and beyond. I have been doing Marcus HIT for 8 weeks and I am still working on the mental aspect and cardio aspect. I get tired pushing myself to beyond failure but it most definitely works. And you feel like a monster even if your 190lbs like me
    You got it its a lot to do with mental focus and how you can deal with pushing yourself into this pain zone. The body gets accustomed to weight and wont grow, it will just coats along so implementing these intensity methods you can push your body into a new growth spurt. Its like stages of learning, once you master pushing your body to failure, the next stage is going beyond failure both stages are ruthless and can take a lot of mental focus and serious commitment but once you know and can do it the gains flow big time. Many times in the past when I was learning how to train like this I would be sick, or have tears in my eyes when training or just burst blood vessel either nose or in my eyes. All part of the game

i get the feeling this thread is helping inspire a lot of people! while we are talking about training i really struggle with training back. i try my best with strict form but never really feel it how i should, the way i feel it with other muscle groups o feel it more in my biceps to be honest even tho my form is good. the next day i sometimes get sore a bit in the odd part of my back but not like if it jad been hit proply.
    Its all about the mind muscle connection with back, Try lowering the weight and executing the movement 100% if your doi8ng bent over rows never ever round the back always flat or a slight inward arch to it otherwise you will not work the lats but your biceps, learn how to pull with your back and just let the arms be hooks what you bring back and contract the back muscle with. Also with pulldowns don't pull it down with your arms slight arch on your back and bring the bar down and focus on bring your elbows down and back like your trying to squeeze your shoulder blades together or crack a nut inbetween them, get the feel right and then move the weight up, once you get your back into the right position it should remain there throughout the whole movement static and stretch and squeeze the back muscles and don't use your arms to pull the weight down or up. Also try stretching inbetween sets.

From your above post your not contracting or using your back muscles so you back is in the wrong position,

ill give it a try. i do try this anyway, but yea lowering weight to perfect technique would be a good place to start. it annoys me because i try my best with form and technique and with all other body parts ive got it. because of this back is my weakest part which is shit considering its such a big area!

ill give it a try. i do try this anyway, but yea lowering weight to perfect technique would be a good place to start. it annoys me because i try my best with form and technique and with all other body parts ive got it. because of this back is my weakest part which is shit considering its such a big area!
    Its very hard with back to get the connection right, we also cant see it so many tend to disregard it but once you get a big wide think back the whole body changes. Just focus on contracting the lats and feeling the muscle work, if you cant all your doing is pulling with your arms and not using your back, learn how to keep the back arched right so you can contract it because if its not arched its impossible to contract and then its a pointless exercise

i know, i would love a big back! thanks for the advice this week ill go lighter and concentrate on the contraction. ive been watching dorian yates videos like you said and ive been training that way. what do you think of his back workout?

dumbbell pullovers
    barbell bent over rows ( narrowish grip)
    close grip pulldowns
    deadlifts

i know, i would love a big back! thanks for the advice this week ill go lighter and concentrate on the contraction. ive been watching dorian yates videos like you said and ive been training that way. what do you think of his back workout?

dumbbell pullovers
    close grip pulldowns
    deadlifts
    You cant go wrong with watching Dorian's workout videos, his back workout is solid

also includes seated row machine wide grip

is this focusing mainly on thickness though? what about widgth?

is this focusing mainly on thickness though? what about widgth?
    If you read my thread ive mentioned how I work my back for thickness and width, I train both in one workout but my main focus will be on one or the other

am i right in thinking things such as lat pull down are for widgth?

am i right in thinking things such as lat pull down are for widgth?
    Yes lat pulldowns wide or close grip are for width

DCI
    Great chest tonight hammered it to bits. Nearly gawked here due to the intensity of tonight did some cardio aswell.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Great chest tonight hammered it to bits. Nearly gawked here due to the intensity of tonight did some cardio aswell.
    thats a serious friggen chest workout if you nearly hurled from it... Im getting a bit jealous

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Good log Marcus, makes interesting reading (subbed)

951thompson is offline Senior Member

dumbbell pullovers
    close grip pulldowns
    deadlifts
    Check out vicnaturals videos on youtube, his stuff is all based around making a mind muscle connection, great person to learn form from, tho I don't like his high rep pump style of training, he is good for a few tips.
    Dorian Yates blood and guts videos are worth a watch too.

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    thats a serious friggen chest workout if you nearly hurled from it... Im getting a bit jealous
    First time ever, but i was doing 50kg HIT for and only taking 30sec breaks, steam was coming off me and did a superset at the end with flies and stepped push ups, did a 2 dropset aswell

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Check out vicnaturals videos on youtube, his stuff is all based around making a mind muscle connection, great person to learn form from, tho I don't like his high rep pump style of training, he is good for a few tips.
    Dorian Yates blood and guts videos are worth a watch too.
    thanks man!

DCI
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	279.2 KB 
ID:	137029

My lame attempt at copying marcus, taken last night off pump and gbefore bed
    marcus300 likes this.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Keep it up dci

DCI
    Cheer gb, I think the progress I've made since xmas has been steady and consistent thankfully, I was looking at pics of me over xmas man I was a joke bloated and looked like shit. Now I feel a lot better kept my mass on by changing the routine to what marcus is logging here and it really is working for me. Once by the summer I loose some more bf ill be a much happier camper and the goal i set myself in the new year should be within reach

Ok big man as a said i was going to do my arm work out on monday instead of friday.
    I did db curls and bb curls i did a drop set on the bb with a few neg and a few neg on the db curls and for the first time in a long time and a mean a long time big man ma bi's are really sore. I was just imagining you were there saying lift you little pus*y lol i did go to failure on them av not traind since then as av done ma back doing lat pd it's the muscle at ma shoulder blades but am hoping i'll get back 2moro i'll let you know how i get on with the rest of the muscle groups i can hurt them so doing it your way i think i'm in for a lot of pain thank marcus.
    marcus300 likes this.

Sounds great that's what I like to hear

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Good log Marcus, makes interesting reading (subbed)
    Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	279.2 KB 
ID:	137029

My lame attempt at copying marcus, taken last night off pump and gbefore bed
    Come on pose down whhhhhhhhh

Looking good and think I better take mine down now, feeling small

Ok big man as a said i was going to do my arm work out on monday instead of friday.
    I did db curls and bb curls i did a drop set on the bb with a few neg and a few neg on the db curls and for the first time in a long time and a mean a long time big man ma bi's are really sore. I was just imagining you were there saying lift you little pus*y lol i did go to failure on them av not traind since then as av done ma back doing lat pd it's the muscle at ma shoulder blades but am hoping i'll get back 2moro i'll let you know how i get on with the rest of the muscle groups i can hurt them so doing it your way i think i'm in for a lot of pain thank marcus.
    This is progress, your finding your feet with a new method and it will take time to for you to fully get bit off the ground but from the above post you sound like your doing really good. Keep me informed with the rest of the workouts

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Nailed it! Back and bi's. DB pullovers 1 warm up, 2 dropsets. Wide neutral grip pull downs 2 triple dropsets. Close neutral grip pull downs 2 triple dropsets. Seated wide grip cable rows, and close grip rows same dropset pattern as pull downs. Dumbbell preacher curls 2 sets to failure, and 2 sets to failure on a seated machine that places the elbow above shoulder level and you curl down to you.
    kelkel and marcus300 like this.

DCI
    Sounds great that's what I like to hear
    Come on pose down whhhhhhhhh

Looking good and think I better take mine down now, feeling small
    Lol, thanks man. Did shoulders tonight and cardio ruined meself to be honest

If I'm in the UK def must meet up sometime shoot the breeze
    marcus300 likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    DCI you got some meat there. Keep doing what your doing and keep pushing. One day you'll wake up and won't recognize the guy staring back at you in the mirror. Then you'll never look back brother!

kel
    marcus300 and DCI like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post
    Nailed it! Back and bi's. DB pullovers 1 warm up, 2 dropsets. Wide neutral grip pull downs 2 triple dropsets. Close neutral grip pull downs 2 triple dropsets. Seated wide grip cable rows, and close grip rows same dropset pattern as pull downs. Dumbbell preacher curls 2 sets to failure, and 2 sets to failure on a seated machine that places the elbow above shoulder level and you curl down to you.
    Sounds great

Lol, thanks man. Did shoulders tonight and cardio ruined meself to be honest

If I'm in the UK def must meet up sometime shoot the breeze
    You might not be able to drive a few days after we train together but yes why not

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    DCI you got some meat there. Keep doing what your doing and keep pushing. One day you'll wake up and won't recognize the guy staring back at you in the mirror. Then you'll never look back brother!

kel
    You got it
    DCI likes this.

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post

kel
    Thanks kel, to be honest, this is the best ive felt in I don't know how long, nothing is stopping me from training to be honest which is great. I'm going to throw up a thread at the weekend with my experiences from just the atart of the year etc and hopefully it will motivate more people to try new programmes and diets etc

Sounds great

You might not be able to drive a few days after we train together but yes why not

You got it
    Lol, I do have to drive back to the island after so food might be better I'l be in the uk in may but i think im at the opposite end of thr country to yourself. And that weekend will be one for looking at cars and a few drinks been waiting for a blow out like that for a while but want to make some progress. At the weekend myself and the teaining partner are getting a tractor tyre for some diff cardio and explosive training also.
    marcus300 likes this.

Not trained for a few days think its something like 5-7 days due to illness and work case. Just been in today and done legs - ouch
    DCI likes this.

DCI
    Walking like a duck? Some friends I know, still train when sick, personally I rarely get unwell but when I do it knocks me for six so I never train.

I personally think while training when sick doesn't really have any advantages.

Walking like a duck? Some friends I know, still train when sick, personally I rarely get unwell but when I do it knocks me for six so I never train.

I personally think while training when sick doesn't really have any advantages.
    Had a fever so it was impossible to train or eat, wiped 14lbs off me, probably mostly water but looking forward to the rebound

Thread Information