Page 42 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752921425421042 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,680 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Shoulders this morning

smith machine front press
    2 warm up sets - high reps
    1 working set to failure 6 reps, rest pause - 4 reps to failure - rest pause 2 reps

machine side delts
    2 feel sets
    1 working set to failure - rest pause 3 x

BB shrugs
    2 feel sets
    1 working set to failure + rest pause 3 x

rear delts - machine
    2 feel sets
    working set failure + rest pause 3 x

abs

Home
    What's ur rep range on failure? (Typically)

-Chomp Chomp Chomp-Clink Clink Clink-

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    What's ur rep range on failure? (Typically)

When doing rest pause I will aim for failure at around 4-6 rep range, then rest pause for 15 deep breaths and continue to failure then repeat.
    Last edited by marcus300; 04-15-2013 at 05:11 AM.

panntastic is offline "cool as shit and knows his stuff"
    So sorry big man but your advice is "no good" < not my words!

Was in gym this morning bright and early after long deep nights sleep.
    Hit 5 minutes on X trainer to get muscles warm and started some stretching.
    Chest day
    After stretching I go get myself a bench and some 30kg DB.
    I'm ready I'm psyched up and about to go hard and heavy.
    I get the 30kg's up and bang out 8 rep warm up nice form and slow on the way down nice feel set.
    So go grab some 50's and 40's (for drop set )
    So everything's lined up I'm set.
    Up go the 50's
    Really squeeze out to 7 reps down safely
    Up with the 40's 5 reps
    Then 30's 4 reps
    I'm seriously pumped up feeling like chest is going to explode give it 30 more seconds then up with the 50's 5 reps
    Then 40's 3 reps
    30's 1 rep and I'm shaking and feeling my skins going to rip.

Then out of background comes this lad
    "What you doing that for mate" he says
    So I explained the process and he stopped me mid sentence (which really pisses me off) and says "no"
    I'm looking at this 100lb boy in shock
    What do you mean no? I said

Whoever told you that clearly doesn't know that you need 4-5 sets 12 reps for growth.

I just smiled and said everybody reacts differently to training and you need to know what works best for your body.

"No" he says "my college tutor says 4-5 sets 12-15 reps And where's your protein you need protein in the gym!!!!!"

Ok ok I'm going to carry on now mate good speaking to you and being polite I carried on.

30 minutes later I'm finished and on x trainer for cardio and I decide to watch this lad for a bit and wow
    1 set dumbbell chest press and 15 minutes taking pics of his and in the mirror

Whats the world coming to?

Chest is feeling good and seeing growth in all areas thank you for this diary big man your a credit to the board

Quote Originally Posted by panntastic

Chest day
    I get the 30kg's up and bang out 8 rep warm up nice form and slow on the way down nice feel set.
    Up go the 50's
    Up with the 40's 5 reps
    Then 30's 4 reps
    I'm seriously pumped up feeling like chest is going to explode give it 30 more seconds then up with the 50's 5 reps
    Then 40's 3 reps

So I explained the process and he stopped me mid sentence (which really pisses me off) and says "no"

Whoever told you that clearly doesn't know that you need 4-5 sets 12 reps for growth.

I just smiled and said everybody reacts differently to training and you need to know what works best for your body.

"No" he says "my college tutor says 4-5 sets 12-15 reps And where's your protein you need protein in the gym!!!!!"

Ok ok I'm going to carry on now mate good speaking to you and being polite I carried on.

30 minutes later I'm finished and on x trainer for cardio and I decide to watch this lad for a bit and wow

Chest is feeling good and seeing growth in all areas thank you for this diary big man your a credit to the board
    Haha I've had similar happen to me...not gonna lie...I laugh at them and tell them to come talk to me when they can fit in my shadow lol some people got some nerve...

When doing rest pause I will aim for around failure at around 4-6 rep range, then rest pause for 15 deep breaths and continue to failure then repeat.
    Do u feel u cam get same results with lighter weight and a few more reps (8-10), incorporating rest pause. Or do u think ATP would b the limiting factor not muscle failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219

Haha I've had similar happen to me...not gonna lie...I laugh at them and tell them to come talk to me when they can fit in my shadow lol some people got some nerve...

I'm all for listening if I'm not busy but the rudeness of stopping me mid sentence made me loose interest straight away
    marcus300 likes this.

I'm all for listening if I'm not busy but the rudeness of stopping me mid sentence made me loose interest straight away
    I'm all for listening if they're bigger and look better then I do lol hey, proof is in the puddin.

Firm believer in be about it, don't talk about it.

marcus300 likes this.

I'm all for listening if they're bigger and look better then I do lol hey, proof is in the puddin.

Firm believer in be about it, don't talk about it.

See I'm quite opposite I will listen to what anyone has to say and then disseminate it myself and see if it holds any water.
    Appearances can be misleading
    I jus so happened to find myself watching Jodie Marsh bodybuilding program on tv over the weekend
    For those who don't know she's a air head z list celeb turned bodybuilder.

There was a guy on there who wasn't huge or anything impressive then they said he was an ex mr universe contestant.

Looks can be deceiving for sure but I bet he has some good advice from his years of training.

Quote Originally Posted by panntastic View Post

Chest day
    Up go the 50's
    Up with the 40's 5 reps
    Then 30's 4 reps
    Then 40's 3 reps

Tell the cvnt to take his head out of books and learn how to train for size. College tutor my arse I bet my leg weighs more than both of them put together. Tell him to check out Dorian's training video's he may learn something....Hate cvnts like that full of what the books say but looks like shite
    clarky. and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    Do u feel u cam get same results with lighter weight and a few more reps (8-10), incorporating rest pause. Or do u think ATP would b the limiting factor not muscle failure.

Well when your in a dropset or rest pause you are doing more reps within the set. So if you aim for 4-6 reps to failure then rest pause and do another 3-4 reps and then rest pause and do another 2 reps that's total of 9 reps in one working set. Keep the weight heavy enough and reps down so as you go along in the rest pause, drop set or forced and negs it adds the total reps up for the working set.

Tell the cvnt to take his head out of books and learn how to train for size. College tutor my arse I bet my leg weighs more than both of them put together. Tell him to check out Dorian's training video's he may learn something....Hate cvnts like that full of what the books say but looks like shite
    Straight to the point I like it

Quote Originally Posted by panntastic View Post
    You keep doing what works for you, if your getting results keep with it and adapt it to how your body responds love the arm shot

See I'm quite opposite I will listen to what anyone has to say and then disseminate it myself and see if it holds any water.
    Appearances can be misleading
    I jus so happened to find myself watching Jodie Marsh bodybuilding program on tv over the weekend
    For those who don't know she's a air head z list celeb turned bodybuilder.

There was a guy on there who wasn't huge or anything impressive then they said he was an ex mr universe contestant.

Looks can be deceiving for sure but I bet he has some good advice from his years of training.
    First...why were u watching Jodie marsh?! Lol jk

He may not have been huge, but I'm sure u could tell he hadn't been lifting since breakfast. And I'm sure he wasn't 6' and 150lbs. Not if he was an ex. Mr universe contestant. And Marcus kinda touched on this. There's so many people that claim to b experts because they read bb.com or an article by an actual expert. Yeah? Well then why the fvck aren't u 6' 245 @ 10%? Well I'll tell ya, cuz it's hard grueling fvcking work! It's 6am and I'm on my second meal of the day. I'm gonna work 16 hours today and then go out my body through the gauntlet. All the book read knowledge doesn't mean dick if u can't put it to real world experience. And these are the guys that I'm talking about. SHOW me u know what ur talkin about, don't tell me. I can read, I don't need u to regurgitate something you read. (And I don't mean u, as in u pann, Im speaking generally, just puttin that out there lol)

You keep doing what works for you, if your getting results keep with it and adapt it to how your body repsonds love the arm shot
    Still not huge but its getting there

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~

I might have been inclined to let that lightweight work in with me and see how he handled some proper training. That or drop the 50kg dumbell on the little pricks toe.
    clarky. likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

First...why were u watching Jodie marsh?! Lol jk

He may not have been huge, but I'm sure u could tell he hadn't been lifting since breakfast. And I'm sure he wasn't 6' and 150lbs. Not if he was an ex. Mr universe contestant. And Marcus kinda touched on this. There's so many people that claim to b experts because they read bb.com or an article by an actual expert. Yeah? Well then why the fvck aren't u 6' 245 @ 10%? Well I'll tell ya, cuz it's hard grueling fvcking work! It's 6am and I'm on my second meal of the day. I'm gonna work 16 hours today and then go out my body through the gauntlet. All the book read knowledge doesn't mean dick if u can't put it to real world experience. And these are the guys that I'm talking about. SHOW me u know what ur talkin about, don't tell me. I can read, I don't need u to regurgitate something you read. (And I don't mean u, as in u pann, Im speaking generally, just puttin that out there lol)

They had a whole Jodie marsh day on dmax. She really can't live without cameras on her poor girl.
    The tattoo apprentice show was pretty impressive but she can't draw for shit
    You either got it or haven't and she didn't lol.
    Then she went on to be a bodybuilder and now has a range of protein and supps.
    Anything for bit of media attention I suppose.

They had a whole Jodie marsh day on dmax. She really can't live without cameras on her poor girl.
    The tattoo apprentice show was pretty impressive but she can't draw for shit
    You either got it or haven't and she didn't lol.
    Then she went on to be a bodybuilder and now has a range of protein and supps.
    Anything for bit of media attention I suppose.
    I'd still give her the best 3 seconds she ever had!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I'd still give her the best 3 seconds she ever had!
    I've lost all respect for you, she is hideous, the amount of surgery she has had has made her gack looking. Sure it's not all that hard when younhave a tv show to pay for all you training needs and diet. Also near the end of the show she throws a shit fit and you know she was close to jacking it all in

Quote Originally Posted by DCI

I've lost all respect for you, she is hideous, the amount of surgery she has had has made her gack looking. Sure it's not all that hard when younhave a tv show to pay for all you training needs and diet. Also near the end of the show she throws a shit fit and you know she was close to jacking it all in
    Yeah but I bet she is a right dirty cow. And my Mrs isn't putting out and I'm halfway through a cycle. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it
    marcus300 likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah but I bet she is a right dirty cow. And my Mrs isn't putting out and I'm halfway through a cycle. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it
    That's why you need to be good to your Mistress, Palmala and her 5 sister. lol She/they will never let you down.

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    That's why you need to be good to your Mistress, Palmala and her 5 sister. lol She/they will never let you down.
    This man speaks the truth lol

Ahh here, I'd say it's be like throwing your cock up a wavin pipe you'd feel nahthing shes been rogered to death I'd say plus she has mank tits

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    This man speaks the truth lol

Ahh here, I'd say it's be like throwing your cock up a wavin pipe you'd feel nahthing shes been rogered to death I'd say plus she has mank tits

I'm from the states. I need an interpretation please as you lost me!
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel

Like throwing a chipolata down the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel.

Also 'wizards sleeve' or 'clowns pocket'
    marcus300 likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    That's a great laid out detailed work out big guy as ppl have said before this is the best thread on this forum no bull shit thanks for the tip on the dead lift i didn't know that so i wont be puting it down during reps.

When your doing shrugs do you keep your head up looking straight ahead or look down ? delts tommorow not done it your way yet so looking forward to that.
    marcus300 likes this.

DCI
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    See back in blacks post it sums it up nicely lol.

Did chest again tonight along with cardio, the cardio was more for recovery than anything else 2 of us did chest in 50 mins then 25 mins cardio and it was humid tonight which made the sweat fall outta us

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Like throwing a chipolata down the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel.

Also 'wizards sleeve' or 'clowns pocket'
    Got it. Lovely.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    That's a great laid out detailed work out big guy as ppl have said before this is the best thread on this forum no bull shit thanks for the tip on the dead lift i didn't know that so i wont be puting it down during reps.

When your doing shrugs do you keep your head up looking straight ahead or look down ? delts tommorow not done it your way yet so looking forward to that.
    No don't do lower than just below the knee or half way down the shin. Lower the weight and watch your back grow. If your main goal is to get a big lower back with rods of steel do this and be amazed

I look forward when doing shrugs, I don't roll my shoulders or anything I just lift my delts as far as I can up towards my ears and stretch aat the bottoms. My traps a freaky and blow up real quick.....

Thanks for your comments about the workout - its not static so it can be developed to suit anyone

DCI
    Do you use db shrugs bud? I use two 20kg plates im each hand and do shrugs for reps in rest pause it destroys my shoulders and rams blood into them its crazy

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    No don't do lower than just below the knee or half way down the shin. Lower the weight and watch your back grow. If your main goal is to get a big lower back with rods of steel do this and be amazed

I look forward when doing shrugs, I don't roll my shoulders or anything I just lift my delts as far as I can up towards my ears and stretch aat the bottoms. My traps a freaky and blow up real quick.....

Thanks for your comments about the workout - its not static so it can be developed to suit anyone
    Thanks for the reply big guy a never roll ma shoulders don't understand why ppl would do that up as far as i can get them then down and let them stretch thats what i do.

Do you use db shrugs bud? I use two 20kg plates im each hand and do shrugs for reps in rest pause it destroys my shoulders and rams blood into them its crazy
    Hi mate yes a do db shrugs a mad a wee thing up where a can load the bar up like bb shrugs but av got the handles next to me in each hand like a db so i can go really heavy.

I don't really use DB's for shrugging, I stick with either BB shrugs off the squat safety bars or I use this apparatus

I load it to the max, sometime I load it with either 4 or 5 plates per side and drop set all the way down, or I rest pause right down to 1 rep. After this my traps are fully worked and ache like mad.

Marcus can your remember which post it was where you spoke and explained about rest pause thanks.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Marcus can your remember which post it was where you spoke and explained about rest pause thanks.
    Rest pause is simply resting so you can rep out a few more. Ex- if your squatting you go to failure and beyond then rack weight, take 10-15 or even 20 deep breaths and try to squat a few more then re rack then rest and try again
    Obviously rest pause would be harder using db on.shoulder press or flat but you can easily drop set using db

if you train alone (me) then rest pause is a great addition to take an exercise beyond failure when it's just not practical to strip weight.
    Last edited by kelkel; 04-16-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    marcus300 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

DCI
    Hi mate yes a do db shrugs a mad a wee thing up where a can load the bar up like bb shrugs but av got the handles next to me in each hand like a db so i can go really heavy.
    Good man that sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I don't really use DB's for shrugging, I stick with either BB shrugs off the squat safety bars or I use this apparatus

I load it to the max, sometime I load it with either 4 or 5 plates per side and drop set all the way down, or I rest pause right down to 1 rep. After this my traps are fully worked and ache like mad.
    That is serious. Nice work. I never liked bb shrugs personally I find myself using momentum too much so this plate exercise really works for me its not mad weight but really sqeezes the muscle.

We don't have that machine in the gym but I have used it before they are great pieces of kit

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    if you train alone (me) then rest pause is a great addition to take an exercise to failure when it's just not practical to strip weight.
    Kelkel do you have a good read on " rest pause training" first article I found doesn't give a great explanation of it.

Shit most have missed a page or two of this thread. Ill search for Marcus explanation...sorry :

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post

Rest pause is simply resting so you can rep out a few more. Ex- if your squatting you go to failure and beyond then rack weight, take 10-15 or even 20 deep breaths and try to squat a few more then re rack then rest and try again
    Obviously rest pause would be harder using db on.shoulder press or flat but you can easily drop set using db
    Here is Marcus rest pause in a nut shell.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post

Here is Marcus rest pause in a nut shell.
    Lol saw that after I posted ;/.

How many sets? And do u do this with all excersises? Like the whole routine or maybe just the compound lifts

Quote Originally Posted by goode80 View Post

Lol saw that after I posted ;/.

How many sets? And do u do this with all excersises? Like the whole routine or maybe just the compound lifts
    Marcus emphasizes on what you feel works best for you. We are all different. Obviously to stimulate more/most fibers we lift heavy and beyond failure.
    Rest pause for me works on the compound movements as you said. But many may not have the cardio to handle it.
    marcus300 likes this.

I can only do rest pause with a spotter also. I have gotten light headed a few times

Thread Information