Page 30 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540801305301030 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,200 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Props to all you guys who are entering. My buddies and I from gym always have rep contests every so often.
    Ex. We each squat 315 how ever many times you can 3,4,5,6,10+ doesn't matter. Then 12 weeks later who gas improved the most. It helps me train harder.

human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by faither

Have you tried squating in a cage with pins set to parallel or just above . Get to position under the bar and explode up rest the bar back on to pins and repeat important you reset bar to take the tension out the muscle , done this last night and I don't know if it was because it was a new exercise or the starting from a unloaded position but it felt good real good never felt a pump like it for a while will be doing them again for definite .
    Ya I do this all the time.... You can really stack on the weight with this technique... Defiantly taught me to balance heavy weigh better

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    man marcus....I started HIT on Thursday and did back....and ooooooweee my back is still soar/pumped today(Sunday)....feels lovely though....same deal with chest I did friday and my secondary muscles are pumped and I didnt even focus on them....the failure and beyond REALLY works hopefully ill see benifits from this....gotta love it
    thanks

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
    Attachment 134831Attachment 134831Greetins Marcus!! Any more plans for additional ink? Still havent decided on my back piece yet. Youve seen the latest across back of shoulders........Was think about a picture of Azrael, the angel of death
    Ive always got plans for new ink, I just want to make sure I dont distract things away from the size of me because sometime with ink you can, if you know what I mean?

is your back tatt going to be big?

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Don't know why but this makes me think of Marcus

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-2dN9E8vPk
    lmfao the safe word nice cape haha

Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    man marcus....I started HIT on Thursday and did back....and ooooooweee my back is still soar/pumped today(Sunday)....feels lovely though....same deal with chest I did friday and my secondary muscles are pumped and I didnt even focus on them....the failure and beyond REALLY works hopefully ill see benifits from this....gotta love it
    thanks
    wooow thats great news, feed the growth now dont hold back.. well done

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    lmfao the safe word nice cape haha
    haha, one of my favorite movies. I posted that scene in response to someones thread a couple of weeks ago.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Legs are just begining to feel better now

Quote Originally Posted by DCI View Post
    Legs are just begining to feel better now
    Do that with every bodypart and your body will no alternative except to grow bigger and thicker

DCI
    Def man, I was reading over the posts there and will be doing a lot of heavy and quick sets keeping the heart rate up

Def man, I was reading over the posts there and will be doing a lot of heavy and quick sets keeping the heart rate up
    When possible and it does take time but try and keep the rest period down to 1 min inbetween sets, you will notice your not doing the same kind of weight as you sue to but the intensity increases

DCI
    When possible and it does take time but try and keep the rest period down to 1 min inbetween sets, you will notice your not doing the same kind of weight as you sue to but the intensity increases
    Yeh, I used train on my own so get annoyed if I get delayed between sets so normally its round the minute break between sets as when my buddy is lifting its never for more than a min except for deads which does take a bit longer but you do exert more energy

Yeh, I used train on my own so get annoyed if I get delayed between sets so normally its round the minute break between sets as when my buddy is lifting its never for more than a min except for deads which does take a bit longer but you do exert more energy
    great

DCI
    Thanks again for the advice all is welcome from everyone tonight is mix up night so shoulders and cardio like a boss tonight

marcus are u still only taking a min rest when u switch to a different exercise or do u allow 2-3 mins for that

marcus are u still only taking a min rest when u switch to a different exercise or do u allow 2-3 mins for that
    I try to hit 1min rest between sets only, not between movements. Usually thats around 3-4 mark I would say

I try to hit 1min rest between sets only, not between movements. Usually thats around 3-4 mark I would say
    gotcha....thanks

gotcha....thanks
    let me know how you get on

Marcus- I have a little gym bet with about 6 guys. Were judging who goes up the most weight. We maxed two weeks ago and maxing again first week of june so I am not expecting much but would like to know your thoughts
    Bench
    Leg press
    Weighted dips
    I was thinking HIT but with an extra set of just negatives to get use to more heavy weight

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    Marcus- I have a little gym bet with about 6 guys. Were judging who goes up the most weight. We maxed two weeks ago and maxing again first week of june so I am not expecting much but would like to know your thoughts
    Bench
    Leg press
    Weighted dips
    I was thinking HIT but with an extra set of just negatives to get use to more heavy weight
    Use HIT with compound movements and negs will be excellent but also start using rest pause. You should see some improvements

DCI
    Shoulders tonight, holy god we ripped it up. Very big pump off the shoulder press hammer smith machine, then seated arnold press, side raises, front raises, 20kg bb's in each hand for front side and rear shrugs all continous no breaks between them, I find they give me an epic pump from doing that exercise and to finish rope pulls on the pulley machine for rear delts.

Then cross trainer on the interval setting for 25 mins burnt 480'cals according to the machine

legs today....had to rush a bit more than id prefer but honestly in that little bit of time I've probably gotten in a much better workout than normal....after my first exercise I could barely walk and thought....what am I gettin myself into lol....the pumps were incredible to say the least....if DOMS is as bad(actually good feeling) as when I did my back on thursday and still pumped today....I may dredd these next couple of days lol....great workout though thanks Marcus

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Back today and felt good. Left off reads this week so today went like this.

DB pullovers: 40x12, 50x12, 60x 10

Bent over BB rows: 95x 15, 135x 12, 155x10 dropped back to 135 and repped to failure again.

Seated cable rows(close grip) : 85x12, 100x 12, 120 to failure then dropseted in 15lb increments ending with failure on 55lbs.

DB rows 50 to failure for 3 sets

Wide neutral grip cable pull downs: 2 dropsets starting at 120 ending at final failure with 45lbs.

Finished off biceps with 3 sets preacher curls to failure holding and controlling each negative for 3-5 sec
    Standing barbell curls 2 dropsets to failure with 2 weight drops per set.

All this and was in and out in an hour!
    Last edited by Dpyle; 03-11-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Use HIT with compound movements and negs will be excellent but also start using rest pause. You should see some improvements
    When you say rest pause, what do you mean exactly and when? Use standard bb bench at an ex? Do I rest at bottom, how long? Or do I rest in middle of movement? Thanks

Shoulders tonight, holy god we ripped it up. Very big pump off the shoulder press hammer smith machine, then seated arnold press, side raises, front raises, 20kg bb's in each hand for front side and rear shrugs all continous no breaks between them, I find they give me an epic pump from doing that exercise and to finish rope pulls on the pulley machine for rear delts.

Then cross trainer on the interval setting for 25 mins burnt 480'cals according to the machine
    Again sounds like another grerat workout, you sound liek your really getting something out of these workouts, are you growing aswell?

legs today....had to rush a bit more than id prefer but honestly in that little bit of time I've probably gotten in a much better workout than normal....after my first exercise I could barely walk and thought....what am I gettin myself into lol....the pumps were incredible to say the least....if DOMS is as bad(actually good feeling) as when I did my back on thursday and still pumped today....I may dredd these next couple of days lol....great workout though thanks Marcus
    Glad I could help, no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post
    Back today and felt good. Left off reads this week so today went like this.

DB pullovers: 40x12, 50x12, 60x 10

Bent over BB rows: 95x 15, 135x 12, 155x10 dropped back to 135 and repped to failure again.

Seated cable rows(close grip) : 85x12, 100x 12, 120 to failure then dropseted in 15lb increments ending with failure on 55lbs.

DB rows 50 to failure for 3 sets

Wide neutral grip cable pull downs: 2 dropsets starting at 120 ending at final failure with 45lbs.

Finished off biceps with 3 sets preacher curls to failure holding and controlling each negative for 3-5 sec
    Standing barbell curls 2 dropsets to failure with 2 weight drops per set.

All this and was in and out in an hour!
    Sounds great well done

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    When you say rest pause, what do you mean exactly and when? Use standard bb bench at an ex? Do I rest at bottom, how long? Or do I rest in middle of movement? Thanks
    Rest pause is a method what puts great overload on your system and is another training style what increases the intensity of your workouts just like forced,negatives and dropsetting. Usually rest pause is implemented on the very basic compound movements and its also ideal for HIT because these types of workouts are done heavy and over a short period of time. For example lets say we are doing chest and our first movement is BB incline press we would fully warm up and once we are ready for the working set we would be using your most heaviest weight which would make you hit around the 6 rep mark -doesnt have to be exact just minimum 6 reps but no more than 8 reps. You would press until complete failure then you would rack the weight and give yourself around 15-20seconds rest and press again with the same weight until complete failure this could be around 4 -5 rep range - you would rack the weight again and repeat the 15-20 seconds rest and press again to complete failure which would bring the rep range down again. You would of done 3 heavy sets within one but doing this way your intensity would of gone up and the strongest of the muscle fibers wouldnt of been recruited, this puts extreme overload on your body and promotes growth and strength.

I did rest pause for my shoulder's yesterday and it went like this

Smith machine front shoulder press
    2 warm up sets - high reps
    1 working set - rest pause - 8 reps, 6 reps,4 reps

On the working set I dont hold anything back each set is done to complete failure and learning how to take your body to and past this pain barrier what is failure is the key to growth.

Machine lateral raises
    2 feel sets
    1 working set to failure plus 2 forced reps and 3 negatives
    his fried my side delts

BB shrugs
    2 feel sets
    1 working set - rest pause - 8reps,6reps,5 reps

rear delts - machine
    3 sets to failure

abs
    leg raises and crunches

DCI
    Again sounds like another grerat workout, you sound liek your really getting something out of these workouts, are you growing aswell?
    Emm not that I have noticed fully to be honest I 'd be stable size wise like when I went on hols last year I barely lost any size or strength even tho the diet and training went out of the window. What I do feel is a bigger pump while training. Last night it was -1 outside so the gym was freezing barely broke into a sweat but was out of breath, so def was hard at it. Tonight is back will be doing your last post again on back

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Marcus a while back you gave someone some crazy motivation to attack the weights. And I remember him saying he never got that mind set before. Mind pm ing my what ever the hell you told him?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Marcus a while back you gave someone some crazy motivation to attack the weights. And I remember him saying he never got that mind set before. Mind pm ing my what ever the hell you told him?
    I'm going to be nice and bite my tongue, mostly because Marcus would kick my a$$ but I was thinking about saying something in regards to a deal with DSM to motivate him. We all know he has a mad crush on Marcus.

Opps, well I guess I didnt bite my tongue did it?

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This poxy snow is going to mean a second day off from training!

Anyone else in the UK having travel problems with this unexpected snowfall we've had. West Sussex and Kent looks like Siberia right now.

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg

Anyone else in the UK having travel problems with this unexpected snowfall we've had. West Sussex and Kent looks like Siberia right now.
    Dude is it really that bad??!
    I'm e route to dartford

I have loads of pm's and I help many out with motivation, infact if you read between the lines of this thread you will see that having a very strong mental approach is one of the best tool's you can have at building muscle tissue. Not many can really train all out, not many know exactly what failure means and not many know how to build muscle from hard intense training.. I can't remember which post you on about but ive had some very intense chats with people about motivation and getting into this mind set. I did post a response to someone in this thread which was this one below about training hard enough

ARE YOU TRAINING HARD ENOUGH?

I've had a few PM's about training and cycles and one thing what shines through to me is that a lot are not training hard enough they dont fully understand how to train correctly. We spend so much time designing cycles and eliminating sides we think we have the perfect environment to grow into something what looks like it was carved out of stone but after 15 weeks of these super cycles most are pming me asking how can they stop the gains sliding away. We assume members training is hard and intense enough but in reality it isn't. I see alot of members just coasting through their training sessions and doing a set number of reps and sets and think the diet and AAS will transform them into a living god but all what happens is the gains slide away and they end up going back on gear to get some kind of size back.

I can't emphasize enough how important it is to find the right training protocol for your body to grow. You have to try many training routines and find which one you respond best to. We also need to get in the right mind set when we walk in that gym, you going there for one purpose and if you don't push your body beyond what its capable of doing your not going to grow bigger. You want to be leaving that gym feeling like you just done 10 rounds with Tyson in his hay day. You have to go through the pain, you have to push and pull the hardest you have ever done before, you have to push your body to places where its never been before and push past the pain every single time you go in the gym.

Overload your body to a state were its screaming for you to stop and no matter what you couldn't do one more rep even if your life depended on it, if you don't train in this fashion your not training hard enough. Do you want to be bigger than anyone else, do you want to turn heads and do you want to have that monster size what no one else has got then if this is the case stop *****ing around in the gym and stop going through the motions and push past your limits and use methods what take you to hell and back.

I train that hard my eye balls shake and I find it hard to focus, I mentally prepare myself and think of things what make me angry and I push that last rep out no matter what. I kind of like the pain in certain bodyparts and I can push past it into a world of total hell, I feel like I am on fire and I swear I can feel the blood surging through my veins into the muscle what I am working. When I've done my last working set I know I cant perform another rep even if someone had a gun to my head and said you'll die if you don't do another rep, I know I've come to my limit and the sick thing about this is I actually enjoy it., I dream about it, I think about it and I cant wait to get back in the gym to do it again. Its like I'm self harming because the torture I go through is extremely painful but I know this is what I have to do to maintain what I've got and to build those extra few lbs of tissue. This is what seperates the normal guys who look like they go to the gym to the fuking monsters what walk this earth

Now are you training hard enough? ask yourself can you train harder because if the answer is yes your restricting your gains and wasting money and time. Why spend all that money on gear, gh and food when your not attacking your body like you should be. Think about it and make your next workout like your going to war with yourself.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts;643***0
    I'm going to be nice and bite my tongue, mostly because Marcus would kick my a$$ but I was thinking about saying something in regards to a deal with DSM to motivate him. We all know he has a mad crush on Marcus.

Opps, well I guess I didnt bite my tongue did it?
    1st warning

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg;643***1

Yeh its not good up North

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by milky01623;643***2
    Dude is it really that bad??!
    I'm e route to dartford
    Im in West Sussex and not only have we got snow but high winds which means snow showers are just covering everything cleared. There seems to be a massive lack of gritters. Tried to go to the gym last night which is in the next town. Usually takes 10 minutes to drive there. Took an hour last night, only to find the place was closed.

Towns and built up areas were chockablock with traffic just not moving or trying to get round cars that are stuck.

Turn back now while you can!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg

Im in West Sussex and not only have we got snow but high winds which means snow showers are just covering everything cleared. There seems to be a massive lack of gritters. Tried to go to the gym last night which is in the next town. Usually takes 10 minutes to drive there. Took an hour last night, only to find the place was closed.

Towns and built up areas were chockablock with traffic just not moving or trying to get round cars that are stuck.

Turn back now while you can!!!
    Wish I could turn back but unfortunately I have cars to collect :-(
    And I also have to go to Reigate

Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Wish I could turn back but unfortunately I have cars to collect :-(
    And I also have to go to Reigate
    Be careful china.

Thanks Marcus. Going in as we speak for back. Maybe I'll throw up at the end of it. I will know then if I left anything at the door. Fvck it. God hates cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo
    Thanks Marcus. Going in as we speak for back. Maybe I'll throw up at the end of it. I will know then if I left anything at the door. Fvck it. God hates cowards.
    No prisoners cape :-)

DCI
    I think that was me, he just mentioned what he said in the long post, which helps alot

That barbell with 2 plate on each side for bent over rows OWES me money.
    Lets kick his ass.

Thread Information