Page 654 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 1545546046446496506516526536546556566576586596647047541154 ... LastLast
Results 26,121 to 26,160 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Hells yeah!!! Chest Stretching abs rolling lots of RC ex's(throughout session keeping em warm) static & dynamic stretching Slight incline DB Press 3 feelers and hit 120s for 10+ so counted that as a warm up - 1w(120s) 5-6(1 forced) drop 4 drop 2 - coulda had more forces but guy wasn't up to par on spot Slight incline flys 2 feelers 1w(80s) 5 drop(75s) 4 drop(same weight) 2+ Smith Incline Press was dead by this time 3 feelers 1w 4+(had to rack it short) (3drops) drop 3-4 drop 2+ drop(same weight do really a RP) 1 DB Incline flys 2 feelers 1w 7 drop 4 Cable incline flys(wanted to try these) 1w 8 +RP/2+ RP/1 super pumped Cables high down sides(slightly bent over) 2w to failure - higher end reps w/a drop -- my chest exploded Weights done in a fast very intense 38min -- on my way to my deep tissue massage My R shoukder was tight too so I didn't push it too much
    Boom! Exploded chest -check!

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Boom! Exploded chest -check!
    a no doubter BAM! Love it!

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Hells yeah!!!

Chest
    Stretching abs rolling lots of RC ex's(throughout session keeping em warm) static & dynamic stretching

Slight incline DB Press
    3 feelers and hit 120s for 10+ so counted that as a warm up - 1w(120s) 5-6(1 forced) drop 4 drop 2 - coulda had more forces but guy wasn't up to par on spot
    Slight incline flys
    2 feelers 1w(80s) 5 drop(75s) 4 drop(same weight) 2+
    Smith Incline Press was dead by this time
    3 feelers 1w 4+(had to rack it short) (3drops) drop 3-4 drop 2+ drop(same weight do really a RP) 1
    DB Incline flys
    2 feelers 1w 7 drop 4
    Cable incline flys(wanted to try these)
    1w 8 +RP/2+ RP/1 super pumped
    Cables high down sides(slightly bent over)
    2w to failure - higher end reps w/a drop -- my chest exploded

Weights done in a fast very intense 38min -- on my way to my deep tissue massage
    My R shoukder was tight too so I didn't push it too much
    Sick session nach damn
    NACH3 likes this.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Morning guys/gals I'm already eating and getting ready for my chest session - hope everyone is having a nice w/e! I'm going to torture my chest this am!
    Early bird gets the worm.. Got up pretty early as well and decided to hit chest today and wheels tomorrow assuming I'll feel better and can push harder then. I feel a sh*t ton better and now just dragging a bit but I've been out for what?.. 4 days so I pulled it together and went in for a session.

Flat db flys: 2 warms, 1 feel, then went right for the 90s x 5 beautiful reps, drop to 80s x 5. Feels good when you're flying more than other good sized guys are pressing for their heavy sets.

Hammer strength seated wide press: feeler, then put 3 plates on each side, repped 3 and felt a wee niggle in my left forearm.. Dropped to 2plates + 1/4 and put 6 nice, slow, painful reps up with excruciating negatives and held at the top squeeze for a count of 10 on the last rep, dropped to 2 plates and squeezed out 3 more slow ones with long holds. The amount of sweat coming out of me is not normal. I know I've been sick, and I'm a bit dizzy now.

Took about a 3 minute break, shook it off and went to hammer strength decline. 2 plates for 10 (feeler), 3 plates + 25 (couldn't lift it because I kept coming off the seat.. Lol.. Had to buckle up) 3&1/4x 4, took the 1/4 off x 2.. Approaching failure and fast (it may have some to do with shock and fatigue after being sick.. Not sure), dropped to 2 plates and 1/4 and went for 4 more nice reps - felt a deep painful chest pump.

Cable flys: feel, heavy, double drop.

20 mins cardio and done.
    NACH3, Bodacious, Sfla80 and 1 others like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Just taped them 20" - off gear just on trt - 252lbs at the moment
    Inspiring marcus.. I lost a few lbs over the last few days from being sick and just weighed in at 206. Not bad for a short guy but I'd like to maintain around 215.
    marcus300 and almostgone like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    Man, we are getting hammered by the rains. Eating a big bowl of veggie soup and 8 oz. chicken breast and then hitting the rack. Chest session tonight.
    HAW made some Cambodian soul food that I'll be crushing today. It's called bubaw or something like that. It's basically a rice soup (like porridge) with chicken and it's freaking awesome. Lots of rain here too.. Not much flooding here in the DC areas but some a couple hours away.
    almostgone likes this.

Cardio and core yesterday morning

Legs and core today

First time doing core/abs first. Good change and great for warm up/getting blood flowing.

Smith squats slow and pausing at lowest point.

Smith lunges same and holding (even with the light weight legs were burning at this point)

One leg extensions (these I really liked with this routine, made my quads scream, and felt it alot more on the very upper part of quad)

Stiff deads

Seated calves

Seated curls

Done in about 37 mins.
    NACH3, Bodacious and almostgone like this.

Blog Entries
    Hells yeah!!! Chest Stretching abs rolling lots of RC ex's(throughout session keeping em warm) static & dynamic stretching Slight incline DB Press 3 feelers and hit 120s for 10+ so counted that as a warm up - 1w(120s) 5-6(1 forced) drop 4 drop 2 - coulda had more forces but guy wasn't up to par on spot Slight incline flys 2 feelers 1w(80s) 5 drop(75s) 4 drop(same weight) 2+ Smith Incline Press was dead by this time 3 feelers 1w 4+(had to rack it short) (3drops) drop 3-4 drop 2+ drop(same weight do really a RP) 1 DB Incline flys 2 feelers 1w 7 drop 4 Cable incline flys(wanted to try these) 1w 8 +RP/2+ RP/1 super pumped Cables high down sides(slightly bent over) 2w to failure - higher end reps w/a drop -- my chest exploded Weights done in a fast very intense 38min -- on my way to my deep tissue massage My R shoukder was tight too so I didn't push it too much
    Lovely. DTM sounds heavenly right now. Enjoy.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Early bird gets the worm.. Got up pretty early as well and decided to hit chest today and wheels tomorrow assuming I'll feel better and can push harder then. I feel a sh*t ton better and now just dragging a bit but I've been out for what?.. 4 days so I pulled it together and went in for a session.

Flat db flys: 2 warms, 1 feel, then went right for the 90s x 5 beautiful reps, drop to 80s x 5. Feels good when you're flying more than other good sized guys are pressing for their heavy sets.

Hammer strength seated wide press: feeler, then put 3 plates on each side, repped 3 and felt a wee niggle in my left forearm.. Dropped to 2plates + 1/4 and put 6 nice, slow, painful reps up with excruciating negatives and held at the top squeeze for a count of 10 on the last rep, dropped to 2 plates and squeezed out 3 more slow ones with long holds. The amount of sweat coming out of me is not normal. I know I've been sick, and I'm a bit dizzy now.

Took about a 3 minute break, shook it off and went to hammer strength decline. 2 plates for 10 (feeler), 3 plates + 25 (couldn't lift it because I kept coming off the seat.. Lol.. Had to buckle up) 3&1/4x 4, took the 1/4 off x 2.. Approaching failure and fast (it may have some to do with shock and fatigue after being sick.. Not sure), dropped to 2 plates and 1/4 and went for 4 more nice reps - felt a deep painful chest pump.

20 mins cardio and done.
    Nice session Igi - it sure is when your foing flys w/85-95s - was this a pre-exhaust Igi!

Oh I will be enjoying the DTM!
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-04-2015 at 09:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    Cardio and core yesterday morning Legs and core today First time doing core/abs first. Good change and great for warm up/getting blood flowing. Smith squats slow and pausing at lowest point. Smith lunges same and holding (even with the light weight legs were burning at this point) One leg extensions (these I really liked with this routine, made my quads scream, and felt it alot more on the very upper part of quad) Stiff deads Seated calves Seated curls Done in about 37 mins.
    Nice and swift brutha, sounds intense. I'll be doing more abs as well. Currently doing them mostly on leg day and once and a while with shoulders but inspired by a few on here, it seems to be beneficial to work then a lot more often and just have one day (with legs) to crush them with weighted movements.
    Sfla80 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Nice session Igi - it sure is when your foing flys w/85-95s - was this a pre-exhaust Igi! Looks like you did flys into presses just curious my man?!
    I didn't really use it as a pre-exhaust, but instead as my first full heavy lift with the intention of spending a lot of energy on it. I've been hitting chest this way for the past few weeks because I'd like to see some improvement on the outer chest and I almost immediately saw a difference once doing it this way.

That said, you think it would be better to continue with another fly movement and then finish off with the presses?
    almostgone likes this.

20 mins cardio and done.
    Damn flys with 90s man holy shit. Lol.

Nice session
    NACH3 likes this.

Nice and swift brutha, sounds intense. I'll be doing more abs as well. Currently doing them mostly on leg day and once and a while with shoulders but inspired by a few on here, it seems to be beneficial to work then a lot more often and just have one day (with legs) to crush them with weighted movements.
    Igi, since I'm not pushing as hard, I still have some energy when done with my routine. So now is a great time to get them back in there. I'm hitting straight abs twice and a core routine twice a week right now.

Before when I was going balls to the wall lol...I did not have it in me to get more thwn one day of abs in. And no way I could do them after legs lol.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I didn't really use it as a pre-exhaust, but instead as my first full heavy lift with the intention of spending a lot of energy on it. I've been hitting chest this way for the past few weeks because I'd like to see some improvement on the outer chest and I almost immediately saw a difference once doing it this way.

That said, you think it would be better to continue with another fly movement and then finish off with the presses?
    If it's working don't fix what isn't broke --

However, if your wanting more blood flow and that explosion of blood into the chest - if it were me and starting w/flys - I'd do flys right into presses - or flys first on both then presses - and you'll be fatigued and exhausted all in one set - then you have incline or vice versa which ever you like starting with or I like changing it up sometimes - incline first then flat - or ATM I'm doing all incline stuff - slight incline hen reg incline -

I'd do at least 2 ex's of flys(flat & incline) but that's me - I like your session - and if it's working do you big guy!
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-04-2015 at 09:27 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Damn flys with 90s man holy shit. Lol.

Nice session
    I had the 90/100s out b4 I felt it out and I had some bone on bone so I didn't want to hear the popping/grinding of my shoulder going on lolol - I'm trying to get to the 100s on slight incline for flys - if I start w/them I'm gtg w/95s I've hit them b4 but like Igi said doing more weight on flys then presses for most if not more than most is inspiring in itself
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-04-2015 at 09:53 AM.
    Sfla80 likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Cooking already..... And this is only half of them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**-image-1942186162.jpg  
    Sfla80 and almostgone like this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Making them from scratch? They're soo good

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    Igi, since I'm not pushing as hard, I still have some energy when done with my routine. So now is a great time to get them back in there. I'm hitting straight abs twice and a core routine twice a week right now. Before when I was going balls to the wall lol...I did not have it in me to get more thwn one day of abs in. And no way I could do them after legs lol.
    You done with your cycle?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodacious View Post
    LMAO....

How long did this take you???
    45-50mins top
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    If it's working don't fix what isn't broke -- However, if your wanting more blood flow and that explosion of blood into the chest - if it were me and starting w/flys - I'd do flys right into presses - or flys first on both then presses - and you'll be fatigued and exhausted all in one set - then you have incline or vice versa which ever you like starting with or I like changing it up sometimes - incline first then flat - or ATM I'm doing all incline stuff - slight incline hen reg incline - I'd do at least 2 ex's of flys(flat & incline) but that's me - I like your session - and if it's working do you big guy!
    I'm definitely up for switching it up. For years, im used to doing compounds and pressed first, followed by flys, so this routine is still very new to me. Next round I'll try flys into pressed or all flys with presses last.
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    I had the 90/100s out b4 I felt it out and I had some bone on bone so I didn't want to hear the popping/grinding of my shoulder going on lolol - I'm trying to get to the 100s on slight incline for flys - if I start w/them I'm gtg w/95s I've hit them b4 but like Igi said doing more weight on flys then presses for most if not more than most is inspiring in itself
    It's heavy as fvck and I'm very careful with this kind of weight on flys. I've NEVER torn a pec (knock on wood).
    almostgone likes this.

I'm planning on doing weighted pull-ups, seated rows, pull downs, and shrugs today, thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Oh man.. Need a shot when they're all done, open and all steamy.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

Making them from scratch? They're soo good
    Ofcoarse:-)

Wanted to get in the gym today for chest because tomorrow is a busy day but the fiancé needs help cleaning :-(
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I'm definitely up for switching it up. For years, im used to doing compounds and pressed first, followed by flys, so this routine is still very new to me. Next round I'll try flys into pressed or all flys with presses last.
    I know when I do flys first - it's awesome for seeing how much you can do too... But if your responding well to flys first keep going with it and add in presses after like you stated plus DBs are just making my chest explode in a whole new way ill only do Smith presses with incline movimenta anymore

DBs al the way(Marcus was trying to get this point across to me b4)
    Last edited by NACH3; 10-04-2015 at 10:08 AM.

I am new to the advanced failure part of HIT, but not training in general. I always hit failure when I trained for hypertrophy, so I was at least familiar with brining the fury and

"never allowing myself to quit, but allowing myself to fail", as I like to call it.

I had a great first HIT workout yesterday and due to my schedule tomorrow, I am going to have to go again today.

I realize it may take some time for me to arrive at the understanding, and ability to perform stadium quality HIT workouts, but rest assured that I am pushing myself and truly ready to destroy these workouts.

Glad you're here and still posting.
    Sounds good, many don't understand what true failure is. Most are holding back without knowing it because if your did go to failure on your previous workouts and did 3-4 working sets you didn't really go to failure, you was holding back mentally for the further sets. HIT is different you condense the workouts into one and really go to failure. Failure means something else in the world of HIT and its not something you can just turn on. Teach failure to your body and mind it just takes time. If you haven't been training HIT I can guarantee you haven't been training to failure properly.

Its a whole new world and the worse thing you can do is go straight into beyond failure protocols, just my opinion and its were many fail.

Best of luck and if HIT interests you then this thread is the way to go but I would advice you to read from page one, I know it will take you a few days but there is loads of info what ive missed re -posting which will be of benefit to you and opening up the mind set you need.
    almostgone likes this.

I'm planning on doing weighted pull-ups, seated rows, pull downs, and shrugs today, thoughts?
    More rows, thicken the back with basic rows with db and BB
    NACH3 likes this.

Blog Entries
    I know when I do flys first - it's awesome for seeing how much you can do too... But if your responding well to flys first keep going with it and add in presses after like you stated plus DBs are just making my chest explode in a whole new way ill only do Smith presses with incline movimenta anymore DBs al the way(Marcus was trying to get this point a rose to me b4)
    Agreed.. Dbs are great for exploding and hitting those 2b fibers.
    NACH3 likes this.

More rows, thicken the back with basic rows with db and BB
    Sounds good. Do you, or anyone, have a preference between bent over BB rows versus single arm DB?

Sounds good, many don't understand what true failure is. Most are holding back without knowing it because if your did go to failure on your previous workouts and did 3-4 working sets you didn't really go to failure, you was holding back mentally for the further sets. HIT is different you condense the workouts into one and really go to failure. Failure means something else in the world of HIT and its not something you can just turn on. Teach failure to your body and mind it just takes time. If you haven't been training HIT I can guarantee you haven't been training to failure properly. Its a whole new world and the worse thing you can do is go straight into beyond failure protocols, just my opinion and its were many fail. Best of luck and if HIT interests you then this thread is the way to go but I would advice you to read from page one, I know it will take you a few days but there is loads of info what ive missed re -posting which will be of benefit to you and opening up the mind set you need.
    I understand and appreciate your point. I would only do failure on my last set of my compound movements, and it was positive failure at that. I'm going to be doing rest pauses as possible, and a negative when I hit positive failure. As I mature within HIT, I will undoubtedly discover how to push myself further and I am looking forward to the journey.

I understand and appreciate your point. I would only do failure on my last set of my compound movements, and it was positive failure at that. I'm going to be doing rest pauses as possible, and a negative when I hit positive failure. As I mature within HIT, I will undoubtedly discover how to push myself further and I am looking forward to the journey.
    You should only be doing one set anyway, the other sets within that muscle group should just be either warm up sets at the first and the others as you move along just feeler sets which aren't failure sets, the one set is a working set which means you are unable to push another rep no matter what, even if Tyson was stood there ready to punch you if you didn't do one more rep and you had to take the punch because your at your limit. Getting into this zone isn't pure strength or motivation its a mind set you have to put yourself in pre working set which is extremely hard to unleash. You have set ignite the adrenalin, I know I keep going on about it but its important if you want to really train HIT and in all honesty many miss out on the true failure.

Negatives are one of my best beyond protocols coupled with forced but you need a partner so if you haven't got one you aren't doing negs right, you need a partner to get the weight up because at true failure it would be impossible to get it up no matter how big of a swing. But forced and negs are really good

Its a slow journey but one day you will understand what I am talking about because one day your mind will totally zone out and go into this whole new world and the strength and power from this will make you go to failure.

Glad to see your experimenting, its a wonderful painful experience
    almostgone likes this.

Sounds good. Do you, or anyone, have a preference between bent over BB rows versus single arm DB?
    I like BB rows but either will do or do both
    NACH3, Sfla80 and almostgone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

Damn u guys r freaks .

Would never thought of going that heavy.

Most I've ever tried was 65s.

What do you achieve from heavy flies? Might be a dumb question....but it is not.my first and probably not my last lol.

Re-post of one set of hammer shoulder press

Example of my preparation for my working set on a hammer strength shoulder press -working set with double dropset.

I am fully warmed up and have done my feeler sets to judge what amount of weight I will be doing, I know that this set is going to be a drop set so in my mind I know roughly how much my drops are going to be to finish the set. Machine is loaded and I am aiming for around 4-6 reps on the first set before drops, I sit on the bench and start to close my eyes and think of a situation from my past what ignites the adrenalin within me, I take myself back to how I felt at that exact time. My inner self is totally focused, my adrenaline is flowing, my aggression is sky high inside of me and ready to burst.

I grip the bar and roll my hands around the bar while taking deep breaths, my eyes are focused and I'm firing on all cylinders. My head is now concentrating on the weight and I am saying to my inner self "you lift this weight and destroy it". I start to count to in my head 1.......another deep breath 2...........another deep breath 3 and I lift the weight. It feels light due to the aggression and adrenaline flowing through me, I start to do the reps slowly with explosive power, making sure i am not going to injury my delt again, slowly down exploding up, slowly down exploding up. I start to think this is easy I am killing this weight around the 4 th rep I start to slow down, the pain starts to creep in, I am breathing heavy and grunting as i exhale. My partner is behind me telling me to "carry on come on lift the fuking weight" 5th rep done and it was so hard I know this is going to test me. The 6th rep I know its going to be hard and I should drop set now but my partner wont let me. He shouts "come on one more rep come on" so I start to lower the weight, the negative is killing me I can feel every fuking joint hurt in my body even my quads are hurting due to pressing down through my feet.

I start to press the 6th rep and I am quarter way up and its stalls, my partner says "come on finish the rep finish it" I grunt and force the bar up with the help of my partner just taking enough weight off that it moves very slowly, in the back of my head I am thinking come on help me more but he doesn't and I finish the rep off and I am totally exhausted I lock the bar and I bend over and start taking in deep breaths. My partner starts to take some weight off the bar so i can perform another 2-3 reps, by the time I've took 2 deep breaths the fuker as stripped the machine and he's giving me a slap across the back saying "come on lift the weight". I unlock and start but the weight feels the same, I am in pain now and I have to dig deep and start talking to my inner self, come on its all over in the next few reps my hearing starts popping and things go quiet, I am totally in the zone nothing can distract me and I start to press. All I can hear is muffled sound from my partner saying "come on". One rep is done and it went slow and my shoulders start to burn, they feel like cannon balls what are about to burst. I get to the top of the rep and start another rep but my strengths is fading fast the weight is too heavy, my partner starts to help me up with it but I stalls again but he keeps me going and I grunt the 2nd rep out. I lock because I knew the third rep wasn't there I was totally at the limit and if I attempted another rep my arms would of collapsed. I bend over and start to take deep breaths, I am thinking and putting myself in that time again what fires my aggression up, my partner is taking some weights off, I know any second I am going to have to finish this set. I am saying to myself last few reps this is it, you want big delts this is it.

I unlock the weight and start the first rep, I feel good the weight is lighter but the pump is killing me its hard, I'm counting each rep one......two and on the start of the third rep my eye balls are shaking I know this is limit time, my vision is going I have to concentrate to breath instead of holding my breath. I know I'm done i think this is going to be a negative rep not a positive because i cant push it up but I push with everything I've got and it moves just above my head, my partner starts screaming at me while pushing my elbows up "come on finish it". I am shouting inside to myself I will not fail I am going to finish this but I'm exhausted to the max and I know my total failure is just around the corner, but I push as hard as I possibly can and lock the bar I bend over and take some deep breaths. I'm still enraged with anger and stand up and move right over to the next movement dripping in sweat. I start to sip water and my hearing slowly starts to come back, my vision is good now and I start hearing my partner talking to me saying " holy shit that was a serious set I could see your delts grow while you was doing it" I start to calm down and look in the mirror and flex my delts and think YES.

Working set done now repeat the process with lateral, rears and shrugs.

The mind set you walk into the gym with goes a long way. Releasing the inner aggression so its controlled when lifting the weight is the key to maximizing gains and stimulating growth. Control your mind and you will have the best chance at exploding out of your skin. Find what works for you to get into this zone, sit silently, listen to music, think of a time what really makes you angry or do what ever it takes to get yourself in the zone to lift to your max. This isn't easy to master but once you do the rewards are outstanding. The mind is a very powerful thing and everything starts within the brain so train your inner self to get into the zone. When you watch most of the pro's train you will see them in the zone, its a natural thing what comes easy to them. Think about this next time your about to do your working set.
    Bodacious likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Jealous man....very jealous

You should only be doing one set anyway, the other sets within that muscle group should just be either warm up sets at the first and the others as you move along just feeler sets which aren't failure sets, the one set is a working set which means you are unable to push another rep no matter what, even if Tyson was stood there ready to punch you if you didn't do one more rep and you had to take the punch because your at your limit. Getting into this zone isn't pure strength or motivation its a mind set you have to put yourself in pre working set which is extremely hard to unleash. You have set ignite the adrenalin, I know I keep going on about it but its important if you want to really train HIT and in all honesty many miss out on the true failure. Negatives are one of my best beyond protocols coupled with forced but you need a partner so if you haven't got one you aren't doing negs right, you need a partner to get the weight up because at true failure it would be impossible to get it up no matter how big of a swing. But forced and negs are really good Its a slow journey but one day you will understand what I am talking about because one day your mind will totally zone out and go into this whole new world and the strength and power from this will make you go to failure. Glad to see your experimenting, its a wonderful painful experience
    I was referring to the hypertrophy training I did before HIT. I understand the single working set.

In regard to my negative. I meant that since I do not have a spotter most days, I will rest pause at positive failure and take myself to my cave and hit another rep and WHEN I succeed, I will hit a slow negative all the way to my supports or the end of the movement.

I wholeheartedly appreciate your diligence in conveying the message of aggression overload to promote the most challenging yet most rewarding lifting experience that is HIT.

I will always do one or the other with variations.

Also old school Tbar row is amazing.

2 or 3 types of rows in a back session has really widened my back. Thanks to marcus and this thread.
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

You done with your cycle?
    I've been done for few months. Cruised for awhile on trt dose.

Stopped this passed month ( advise from a few on here) for my second set of blood work to help get a better picture of what was going on.

Just started again . Not sure if (ever) will cycle again. I know I want to. But maybe short burst will be my next steps.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I like BB rows but either will do or do both
    - rows rows and more rows will thicken your back and your lats will surely follow!

I agree I'll do BB bent overs first as they are the best for pure mass and strength and I'll do at least 3-4 ex's of rows -
    BB bent overs
    High/or low pully rows
    One arm DB rows or DB ROWS W/both arms are nice
    Defo OLD School T-Bar rows

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Damn u guys r freaks .

Would never thought of going that heavy.

Most I've ever tried was 65s.

What do you achieve from heavy flies? Might be a dumb question....but it is not.my first and probably not my last lol.

Since I've strengthened my shoulder I can surely say like anything we do heavy it will dig deeper into those type 2b fibers as long as one stays in or under the 12 rep mark - it's made my chest stronger and definitely shaped it better! I just think going heavy on all these main ex's(& compound movements) will stimulate growth and not get you in a plateau - at least limiting the plateau by pushing on thru yet focusing on the squeeze at the top(Haz said it - don't cave the chest - flex it at the top of your contraction) had really helped me and the shape of my chest
    Sfla80 likes this.

Thread Information