Page 826 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3267267768168218228238248258268278288298308318368769261326 ... LastLast
Results 33,001 to 33,040 of 61340
Like Tree79787Likes

Thread: **Marcus's HIT Dungeon**

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Ok, I feel like a wimpy dolt for posting this lift, but I guess the rehab and rebuilding has to start somewhere? Legs were very shaky when I got done, so I guess I'll stick with this routine until I feel ready to do.otherwise.

2 sets crunches

Leg extensions- 2 w/u, Work-8+,drop,5+,drop,4+. Same working weight on these as before the quad issue, but a few less reps.
    Jefferson squats- 1 set of 10 w/ left foot forward, 1 set of 10 w/ right foot forward. Plan to keep these for a while. Want to make sure I'm able to drive up squarely and will increase the weight as I progress. Not getting quite as low as I would like, so I may open up my stance a tad?
    Leg press- 1 set of 20 at about 40% of my previous working weight. Felt no issues with this weight, so I'll throw on another plate/side next time.
    Seated calf raises- Work-13- 8 - 6+ with a 10 count hold @ contraction

Didn't want to push my luck too much, so I stopped there. Will continue to expand and refine this as I get stronger.
    Wobbled/staggered up to the house afterwards and leg are still shaky now. Will be continuing the quad stretches in the mornings when I get home from work, because it feels like if I get them looser and a bit more flexibility in my hips, I'll be plenty deep on the Jeffersons.

26 minutes not including crunches.
    AG just like Bio said you know your body better than anyone else man. GL and I hope you start feeling better sooner than later.
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Thanks, Bod. . I'm good to go, just working the right quad back up to snuff while it is mending is maddening
    Bodacious likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    those heavy flies just kill my chest. They are great
    Any particulars in regard to your form when you are doing these, Bio? For some reason I just don't feel like my form on these is as solid as it should be. In regard to the angle of my elbow, and arms when they come down and when I am flexing up...it just doesn't feel the same. I don't know, interested in hearing how you set it up. Of course, anyone else can chime in too

Since I was sick for a couple days, I started to do a pullback and hit back/traps last night.

Close Grip pulldowns 2 sets of 10, ending on negative. (all exercises weren't to failure, but to the point where I had a rep or two left in the tank).

Seated rows 2x 10

Wide grip rows for upper back 3x 10

DB shrugs 4x 20

I'll pullback for a week or two... and then on my 4th "cycle" of HIT, maybe I will get it right and correctly be implementing the forced reps, RPs, Drops, and Negatives. Even though I am doing HIT and many of its principles correctly, its those little changes and tweaks you all mention that bring out the most in the sessions. Thanks.
    krugerr, Bodacious, NACH3 and 3 others like this.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    I'll pullback for a week or two... and then on my 4th "cycle" of HIT, maybe I will get it right and correctly be implementing the forced reps, RPs, Drops, and Negatives. Even though I am doing HIT and many of its principles correctly, its those little changes and tweaks you all mention that bring out the most in the sessions. Thanks.
    Totally buddy. It takes a while I think to find that innate ability to push through the pain. Once you figure that, implementing RP/Forced/Negs becomes a lot easier. Ive found its not universal either. I can go harder on certain muscle groups than others. I suspect this is due to my time off, and lack of mind/muscle connection.
    novastepp and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning fellas

May take a day off here - legs was a good session - very sore!
    Hope everyone is feeling better and has a good day!
    krugerr, novastepp and Bodacious like this.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Morning fellas

May take a day off here - legs was a good session - very sore!
    Hope everyone is feeling better and has a good day!
    Yeah I hit legs this morning too! eally heavy assisted hack squat. Im already sore and weak, and its only been 9 hours.

Legs
    Code:

Leg Extension
    warm up - light, 15 reps
    warm up - light, 15 reps
    working - 110kg, 9 reps. Rest pause and partials

Leg Curl - Single
    warm up - light, 15 reps
    warm up - light, 12 reps
    working - 21kg, 5 reps. Rest pause and partials

Hack Squat
    warm up - light, 15 reps
    warm up - light, 10 reps
    working - 200kg, 8 reps. Rest pause, assisted and partials

Calve Raise - Standing
    warm up - light, 15 reps
    warm up - light, 15 reps

Nice little cardio and stretching session this morning. Time to go home and eat.

Will be back on later lurking.

Nice session Krugerr and Nova
    NACH3, novastepp and almostgone like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Hey guys

I was just wondering if anyone does any light weight high rep side laterals and any arm ex's a few nights a wk?? Or did you ever implement this type of a w/o(not really just a super pump) 100s of reps... I'm talking 10/15lbers

Tbh - I heard/saw it on a Piana vid 'feeder w/o's' idk I'm asking you guys - below I ask about bringing up lagging BPs, or to get them shaped better bigger fuller? I can't stand em at all but This actually seemed..... logical lol... or am I just missing something? It seems since my rear delts and caps are what I'd really love to have along with big arms huge legs and the thickest back possible... -- I'm just curious even though we train heavy, wouldn't/or couldn't this help lagging BPs and or just shaping them better and fuller?? I've just started throwing in side laterals(for that big cap - Q-tip shaped delt) and rear lat raises or rev flys(where my arms and elbows are symmetrical went bent over)... Want to see what a few months of this does... I'd imagine on cycle it'd be a better idea so why not now?? Any thoughts to this...

Thanks guys!!
    Last edited by NACH3; 02-04-2016 at 05:46 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Any particulars in regard to your form when you are doing these, Bio? For some reason I just don't feel like my form on these is as solid as it should be. In regard to the angle of my elbow, and arms when they come down and when I am flexing up...it just doesn't feel the same. I don't know, interested in hearing how you set it up. Of course, anyone else can chime in too
    Marcus says like 'hugging a tree' but as Haz would say make sure you flex the chest and not cave it! Make sense...
    novastepp likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    So Z pack worked wonders, syrup put me out, slept like a rock and felt good today. Made up wed chest day. Oh ya, I dont think I mentioned it but Im doing shoulders/back on Monday because I was still feeling the deads when squatting Fridays. I tried to do fly's but they bothered my shoulder and elbow. Did 100 db's flat for a few sets of 12 and felt good. Benched 185 for 20 and still felt a little discomfort, I really shouldn't have dont fly's. But Im hitting some proxy and ice right now.

Oh ya, @ the doc my BP was great and he complimented my standing heart rate, asked what I did besides BB'ing, he said it was great for my age and size. The BP thing made me really happy.

Oh ya ya, So I added a few things to my last inject , this is where Im at.........
    250 cyp ew
    50 tren -a eod
    250 deca ew
    250 tren-e ew (only one shot in)

Chest-

Stretching
    RC's
    Pull ups

Flat Db's-3 sets of 12
    High/middle cables
    Fly's
    Incline Db's

Abs
    2 miles of low intensity cardio (legs tomorrow)
    NACH3, clarky. and novastepp like this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah BG!!! I like the addition... Whatcha thinking of doing that 2x wkly? Layout looks good too - run the ace until the tren e kicks?

How's EOD treating you blood serum level wise(feeling good)? I'm thinking about running some NPP and prop soon but I just for 6-8wks no SBC yet I want to know my body a little bit better and this may clear it all up
    Last edited by NACH3; 02-04-2016 at 09:21 PM.

BG
    Oh yeah BG!!! I like the addition... Whatcha thinking of doing that 2x wkly?
    Whats that? Sorry Im heavy into the syrup I probably missing what you were saying
    Last edited by BG; 02-04-2016 at 09:20 PM.
    NACH3 likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    you have to take the lift as deep as you can twist your thumbs out at the top of the contraction squeezing as hard as you can keeping the DBS about one inch apart
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Whats that? Sorry Im heavy into the syrup I probably missing what you were saying
    Answer it tomorrow!! prick! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone does any light weight high rep side laterals and any arm ex's a few nights a wk?? Or did you ever implement this type of a w/o(not really just a super pump) 100s of reps... I'm talking 10/15lbers Tbh - I heard/saw it on a Piana vid 'feeder w/o's' idk I'm asking you guys - below I ask about bringing up lagging BPs, or to get them shaped better bigger fuller? I can't stand em at all but This actually seemed..... logical lol... or am I just missing something? It seems since my rear delts and caps are what I'd really love to have along with big arms huge legs and the thickest back possible... -- I'm just curious even though we train heavy, wouldn't/or couldn't this help lagging BPs and or just shaping them better and fuller?? I've just started throwing in side laterals(for that big cap - Q-tip shaped delt) and rear lat raises or rev flys(where my arms and elbows are symmetrical went bent over)... Want to see what a few months of this does... I'd imagine on cycle it'd be a better idea so why not now?? Any thoughts to this... Thanks guys!!
    stop watching Rich
    almostgone likes this.

BG
    Answer it tomorrow!! prick! LOL
    what I wrote up there is just total in a week, lite cycles, trying to save the hair
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

BG
    Good night guys, Im done.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    So Z pack worked wonders, syrup put me out, slept like a rock and felt good today. Made up wed chest day. Oh ya, I dont think I mentioned it but Im doing shoulders/back on Monday because I was still feeling the deads when squatting Fridays. I tried to do fly's but they bothered my shoulder and elbow. Did 100 db's flat for a few sets of 12 and felt good. Benched 185 for 20 and still felt a little discomfort, I really shouldn't have dont fly's. But Im hitting some proxy and ice right now.

Oh ya, @ the doc my BP was great and he complimented my standing heart rate, asked what I did besides BB'ing, he said it was great for my age and size. The BP thing made me really happy.

Oh ya ya, So I added a few things to my last inject , this is where Im at.........
    250 cyp ew
    50 tren -a eod
    250 deca ew
    250 tren-e ew (only one shot in)

Chest-

Stretching
    RC's
    Pull ups

Flat Db's-3 sets of 12
    High/middle cables
    Fly's
    Incline Db's

Abs
    2 miles of low intensity cardio (legs tomorrow)
    LMAO @ feeling the dead lifts. The wife grabbed a little book Robert Oberst put out off of Amazon for me. He mentions how he and deads have an abusive relationship.
    Think he described it as " I feel like a strongman Tina Turner and deads are my Ike. They promise fame.and money, but for some reason they love kicking my ass." .
    Oberst can be comical as fvck.

(No disrespect to any of the Turner family, living or deceased, I just thought I'd share the quote).
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-05-2016 at 01:44 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Really interesting how much Oberst mentions the mind muscle connection, and hitting clean reps that truly go to a full stretch and a full contraction.
    LOL, he even admits he would probably be the last one to put on posing trunks and a spray tan, but he doesn't ignore proven methods just because they are considered to be for bodybuilding, not strength. In his words, "That's bullsh!t".

Edit:The wife also replaced one of my Mentzer books that was falling apart, I just grabbed the Oberst book first since I have never read it.
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-05-2016 at 12:19 AM.
    novastepp likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Morning guys and girls, i've been really bust lately not had much time to post. Going to do back and bi's the day after work i'm only doing both together as i'm on a pullback or it would be a no no lol.
    I'll report back later guys hope everyone has a great wk end.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    stop watching Rich
    That's not what I was asking... And I sure don't watch him on TV leg alone nix YouTube channel(it was linked here on the site) He's an idiot... But I've talked to many competitors that use this method... Lots of side laterals and maybe switch over to some arm work... High rep(not tearing the muscle down, per say...

And I can give a rats arse who said it - it made sense... Lol - that's why I asked about it... I don't agree with many of his views AT ALL(lmao) but i just wonder if it could hurt/or help? dont want to overtrain and he's big on 'no overtraining' which is BS! Lol
    Last edited by NACH3; 02-05-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Happy Friday hitters

Incline bb skull crushers

Incline db arm curls

Hammer strength tri push downs

Preacher curls

Cable tri push downs

Hammer strength ISO arm curls

30 minutes cool down cardio and done

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Morning all,

Got back today and ready to kill to it! I'll report back later

Sh!t it is Friday - forgot! Have a great w/e fellas!

Morning all,

Got back today and ready to kill to it! I'll report back later

Sh!t it is Friday - forgot! Have a great w/e fellas!
    Get after it brother and have a great workout. I think we are all ready for the weekend
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

That's not what I was asking... And I sure don't watch him on TV leg alone nix YouTube channel(it was linked here on the site) He's an idiot... But I've talked to many competitors that use this method... Lots of side laterals and maybe switch over to some arm work... High rep(not tearing the muscle down, per say...

And I can give a rats arse who said it - it made sense to me... Lol - that's why I asked about it... I don't agree with many of his views at all(lmao) but go into detail why it could hurt/or help? That's what I'm looking for!
    Brother.... I was just teasing you. I knew that

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Brother.... I was just teasing you. I knew that
    Touché lol - it was a good one tho!

Touché lol - it was a good one tho!
    On the other note side and front laterals are what truly have built my shoulders. I do not do many press movements for shoulders anymore. My front delts get a good workout from incline press. Side laterals front laterals. Reverse peck deck or revers flies are my go to lifts for shoulders
    NACH3, novastepp and BG like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    On the other note side and front laterals are what truly have built my shoulders. I do not do many press movements for shoulders anymore. My front delts get a good workout from incline press. Side laterals front laterals. Reverse peck deck or revers flies are my go to lifts for shoulders
    Interestingly, since switching to much more Side laterals, rev grip front raises(reg front raises), and rears have really brought my delts up... Considerably since I've started - and I know those movements are what's doing it... thx as always brother!

Interestingly, since switching to much more Side laterals, rev grip front raises(reg front raises), and rears have really brought my delts up... Considerably since I've started - and I know those movements are what's doing it... thx as always brother!
    Remember on those lateral raises to hold at the top of the contraction. You might have to lighten the weight to do it but the spot is almost just level with your shoulders. If you go higher which I see a lot of people doing it takes the tension off the muscle. Nice slow controlled reps and your shoulders will blow up
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Remember on those lateral raises to hold at the top of the contraction. You might have to lighten the weight to do it but the spot is almost just level with your shoulders. If you go higher which I see a lot of people doing it takes the tension off the muscle. Nice slow controlled reps and your shoulders will blow up
    Last time I used the cables behind my back... And did just that... Just very slow and controlled w/a 3sec pause at the top... Definitely needed to lighten the load but boy were they on fire!
    almostgone likes this.

Last time I used the cables behind my back... And did just that... Just very slow and controlled w/a 3sec pause at the top... Definitely needed to lighten the load but boy were they on fire!
    I like to do those cables as finishers. Usually I start with db's but whatever works it the best. I have no shoulder I jury's to work around

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I like to do those cables as finishers. Usually I start with db's but whatever works it the best. I have no shoulder I jury's to work around
    I love the DBs holding and leaning out - I'll start with those(a bit heavier too) DD - then sometimes depending on the shoulder I'll finish em off again(either one I started with them totate to finish) I'm going to try my fams eat to try that out sounds killer to finish like that(I do a lot of pre-exhausting with my delts

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I'm still alive but busy as fuk

Clocking in this morning guys/gals!

Have a big leg day today. Can't wait to get in there and smash it either. Just ate a bowl of oat and cup of coffee will be heading in 30 mins from now.

Thank god its Friday they told me last night might not have to end up working this Saturday. Doesn't really matter I could use the money. If not the wife said something about going skiing. So who knows.

Anyways hope everyone has a good day!!
    NACH3 and almostgone like this.

Marcus says like 'hugging a tree' but as Haz would say make sure you flex the chest and not cave it! Make sense...
    you have to take the lift as deep as you can twist your thumbs out at the top of the contraction squeezing as hard as you can keeping the DBS about one inch apart
    Thanks guys. Bio, twist thumbs...down toward my toes or up toward my head? I usually stretch with my palms facing one another, then as I bring the weights up I am twist my thumbs down toward my feet. I suppose I am also always thinking about teh angle of my elbow. Thanks for saying, like hugging a tree, Nach. So should I keep a wider angle at the elbow? Or would a 90 ish degree angle be preferred? Just trying to nail this down so I can quit thinking about it

Considering biomechanics, lateral raises and rear delt flies are superior than presses because presses can impinge teh shoulder and do not put the deltoid in the maximum stretch/flex position.

I too, no longer do presses after suffering from shoulder impingement last year. And since incorporating HIT principles in my delt exercises, I have seen changes using just lateral raises and rear flies. The idea is to change the resistance curves so doing seated lat raises, and leaning lat raises, and lying incline lat raises...then finishing them off with cables who provide steady resistance curves (for side delt as my example) can provide great development that focuses on the mechanics of the medial deltoid providing functional stretching and flexing.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    LMAO @ feeling the dead lifts. The wife grabbed a little book Robert Oberst put out off of Amazon for me. He mentions how he and deads have an abusive relationship.
    Think he described it as " I feel like a strongman Tina Turner and deads are my Ike. They promise fame.and money, but for some reason they love kicking my ass." .
    Oberst can be comical as fvck.

(No disrespect to any of the Turner family, living or deceased, I just thought I'd share the quote).
    Yup brother, they get me every time, no matter what. I think this new set up is going to work well. I messed up last night and took to much syrup, rolled around all night itching my skin off, didnt sleep and have a drug hang over. Luckily my boss closed shop today, so Im eating and sleeping. I have feeling the gym is going to be closed because of the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    Thanks guys. Bio, twist thumbs...down toward my toes or up toward my head? I usually stretch with my palms facing one another, then as I bring the weights up I am twist my thumbs down toward my feet. I suppose I am also always thinking about teh angle of my elbow. Thanks for saying, like hugging a tree, Nach. So should I keep a wider angle at the elbow? Or would a 90 ish degree angle be preferred? Just trying to nail this down so I can quit thinking about it
    right you trust the thumbs out away from your body palms in. Squeeze as hard as you can keeping those db's about 1 inch apart

BG
    Thats about all I do also, maybe some light db presses, but I mean light.
    novastepp and NACH3 like this.

Thread Information