Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

Yeah. I changed it on a trial basis.

Timing for this one is off for me with the shoulder. Looks like misery is going to have a fat bastard cutting and skinny hard gainer in August. I'll have to do it then, the fat b!tch version. Lol
    You can do the nice legs comp.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo

You can do the nice legs comp.
    Will u be shaving your legs???

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

Will u be shaving your legs???
    Yes ma'am
    Pro tan and jan tanna.
    All or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo

Yes ma'am
    Pro tan and jan tanna.
    All or nothing.
    Seems CFMP are necessary, according to a friend of mine! How high are your pumps??

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Best shaving cream in the world: Coochiecream. Not kidding... I use it on my head. My ex-girlfriend bought it once at the sex toy store. Its a shaving cream. Stuff is magical. No razor burn, no irritation, etc. Its expensive though. She said that girls shouldn't waste it on their legs but "other" areas she loved it to the point that she would go to the sex toy store just for shaving cream, lol. I order it online now for my head.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey dan im assuming the fact that i cant even come close to what that guy could do in the video (vacuum) i posted is normal right? ill be able to do more over time? right now im concentrating on learning how to pull in at the belly button. once i have that down well i think the next step is to move on to the diaphragm?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    hey dan im assuming the fact that i cant even come close to what that guy could do in the video (vacuum) i posted is normal right? ill be able to do more over time? right now im concentrating on learning how to pull in at the belly button. once i have that down well i think the next step is to move on to the diaphragm?
    Yea.. not likely that you'll ever be able to do that. I can't, never seen anyone that could before that video. Try doing vacuum's in the mirror at first- makes it easier to see how your doing them. You can feel the difference between when you do them correctly- its night and day. Don't get pissed if you can't do them right away because its not something your body is use to doing and you need to train yourself to put strain on your ab muscles and not cheat with your flexor muscles. Same thing goes for the leg lifts in the video- you will feel some of the strain in what will appear to be your groin but its really your hip flexors attempting to help you cheat. Over time you'll build up against this and you'll be surprised when the day comes that you can keep your body completely straight and aren't swinging.

There is also an added bonus to this though... that you'll see over time. I'm not telling you what it is today- you'll see it yourself. Just take a pic of your back today and then one 4-5 months from now.

im still trying to wrap my head around the correct way to do them since ur using feel more than eyesight its hard to demonstrate the mechanics of it. basically its like sucking in ur gut? i saw a difft vid where the woman was laying on her back and a guy put one hand on each side of her belly button (kinda beneath it to activate the pelvic something) and pushed in slightly. when i did the same thing and sucked in i could feel a different muscle engage that i didnt feel when i wasnt pushing in with my hands. im hoping this is correct. it feels kinda tight down there and not painful but a sense of strain with a slightly painful feeling? and i could let go and hold it but if i let out id have to use my hands to activate the muscle again.. does this sound right?

im still trying to wrap my head around the correct way to do them since ur using feel more than eyesight its hard to demonstrate the mechanics of it. basically its like sucking in ur gut? i saw a difft vid where the woman was laying on her back and a guy put one hand on each side of her belly button (kinda beneath it to activate the pelvic something) and pushed in slightly. when i did the same thing and sucked in i could feel a different muscle engage that i didnt feel when i wasnt pushing in with my hands. im hoping this is correct. it feels kinda tight down there and not painful but a sense of strain with a slightly painful feeling? and i could let go and hold it but if i let out id have to use my hands to activate the muscle again.. does this sound right?
    Yea.. you're simply sucking in your gut. Its gonna feel weird because your body is doing something its not use to at all. It sounds based on what your describing that its just that your inner obliques are very weak and "virgins" to being worked out. You shouldn't use your hands for anything. Try sitting in a chair and just suck your gut in. Don't worry about how far you can suck in- as long as you feel it below your rib cage then its working. You have to work up those inner abs to have them pull in your stomach.

Keep in mind that chances are for the past X number of years you've never really hit your internal abs directly so therefore your abs are actually working against themselves. Your posture is gonna change, and you are going to see some major lower ab improvements in appearance. I took your avi and drew on it in MS Paint. See where I outlined in RED? All of that is gonna suck in and be completely flat. Its also gonna make you have more of a V appearance from your waistline going up to your lats. What you may think are love handles is NOT fat. None of that is fat. Its weak muscle just hanging out. Everything you see in red is gonna get "sucked in" by your inner obliques and then your internal abs are gonna tuck under your external abs giving you the 6 pack you're looking for.

Just take your time... focus on isolation and forget counting reps. Just do everything to failure and if failure is only 2 reps- so what. These are muscles you've never trained before. You can't hit them like you do anything else because they are new to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The body fat, fat cell, abs, and Blue Oyster Bar thread.....-avatar175129_36.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dan68131

Yea.. you're simply sucking in your gut. Its gonna feel weird because your body is doing something its not use to at all. It sounds based on what your describing that its just that your inner obliques are very weak and "virgins" to being worked out. You shouldn't use your hands for anything. Try sitting in a chair and just suck your gut in. Don't worry about how far you can suck in- as long as you feel it below your rib cage then its working. You have to work up those inner abs to have them pull in your stomach.

Keep in mind that chances are for the past X number of years you've never really hit your internal abs directly so therefore your abs are actually working against themselves. Your posture is gonna change, and you are going to see some major lower ab improvements in appearance. I took your avi and drew on it in MS Paint. See where I outlined in RED? All of that is gonna suck in and be completely flat. Its also gonna make you have more of a V appearance from your waistline going up to your lats. What you may think are love handles is NOT fat. None of that is fat. Its weak muscle just hanging out. Everything you see in red is gonna get "sucked in" by your inner obliques and then your internal abs are gonna tuck under your external abs giving you the 6 pack you're looking for.

Just take your time... focus on isolation and forget counting reps. Just do everything to failure and if failure is only 2 reps- so what. These are muscles you've never trained before. You can't hit them like you do anything else because they are new to you.
    So Dan if I just sit at my desk and suck in my abs, will this strengthen them?

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Absolutely! I do that work out on the couch while watching TV.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can't suck in and breathe at the same time. Is this normal or acceptable ?

Another thing when doing the leg raises.. you should feel them at first where its circled in the picture below. That is a GOOD thing at first- means you are actually hitting the inner obliques and they are struggling. Seriously, don't be discouraged if you can only do a few controlled reps before you start swinging and cheating. Those leg raises are the bomb though for getting where you want to be but also the most difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post

this is what im looking for and have no idea how that works.. LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    I can't suck in and breathe at the same time. Is this normal or acceptable ?
    That means your internal abs are very weak. It's normal at first but you'll get there. What's happening to those having difficulty with vacumms is that you've done ab work before hitting your outer abs. That is pushing your stomach out. Your inner abs suck your stomach in, and your entire abdominal structure is fighting itself. Its a push-pull type thing. By doing years of crunches and normal leg lifts... you've actually pushed everything out. If you used weight- even worse; there's no or minimal muscle separation and you have a "girdle" of muscle. The separation, definition, and "deep cut" will come from your internal abs pulling everything back in.

Another thing when doing the leg raises.. you should feel them at first where its circled in the picture below. That is a GOOD thing at first- means you are actually hitting the inner obliques and they are struggling. Seriously, don't be discouraged if you can only do a few controlled reps before you start swinging and cheating. Those leg raises are the bomb though for getting where you want to be but also the most difficult.
    u talking about the hanging leg raises (pike)

this is what im looking for and have no idea how that works.. LOL..
    Its like every other muscle in your body. Think of the internal muscles to be like your biceps an your external muscles to be like triceps. One is for pushing out, one is for pulling back in. Same thing applies here.

Get to work.. 3 times a week.. routine I gave you... every set to failure regardless of how many reps that actually is.. and focus on not cheating....

and PS.. forget side planks... not enough range of motion. Wood chops are better.

u talking about the hanging leg raises (pike)
    Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWYLp2G8ixU

But keep legs completely straight and one day you'll be able to not rock at all as well as not move your upper body above your waist. Focus on moving your up and sideways (at the same time) without rotating your upper body above your waist and rocking. I'd honestly be amazed if you can do more than 3 reps without cheating. I can do 30 on each side after 2 years. Now I do 10 on each side and hold for 10 seconds when I get to the top.

Its like every other muscle in your body. Think of the internal muscles to be like your biceps an your external muscles to be like triceps. One is for pushing out, one is for pulling back in. Same thing applies here.

Get to work.. 3 times a week.. routine I gave you... every set to failure regardless of how many reps that actually is.. and focus on not cheating....

and PS.. forget side planks... not enough range of motion. Wood chops are better.
    i dont do side plank just regular plank on the floor

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

Bro how come ur not entering the condition classic?
    Stems fired in

Waste of time... your outer ab muscles are already too strong for that. Conventional exercises are easy to do... wait till I give you my back routine. Chances are you'll cry like a little girl when you're struggling with 30 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Oh yea.. btw... you can get an added bonus as a female by doing vacuums and Kegel's together. You can work out your pelvic floor and inner ab muscles together; and then you become a goddess because your inner abs give you power to thrust hard and I'm sure you know what Kegel's do. In some women it actually is easier to do both at the same time.

Not being a creep....

Quote Originally Posted by milky01623 View Post
    Bro how come ur not entering the condition classic?
    Stems fired in
    it starts in march, ill be finishing my cut by mid-end of feb.. ill already BE in condition

Waste of time... your outer ab muscles are already too strong for that. Conventional exercises are easy to do... wait till I give you my back routine. Chances are you'll cry like a little girl when you're struggling with 30 lbs.
    back routine??

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wood chops?

back routine??
    Yea- I'm not "conventional" in my routine. I don't do curls, I don't do dumbbell presses, I don't do what everyone else does. People sometimes give me weird looks at the gym when they see me do something... but that's why I wear a tight under armor shirt to the gym and make them stare. I have muscles popping out that most people don't even know exist.

I'm not a big guy- but I'm strong as hell because I've worked out muscles that people don't know how to hit with conventional work outs. I've learned what I know from Kinesiology books. That started when I thought I had a rotator cuff injury. After some research- it was muscle imbalance. I worked out with a rehab trainer's routine and within 2 months my "rotator cuff injury" that a doc wanted to slice me open for was gone. That got me focusing on how I'm built as opposed to just building mass in areas that everyone else does. I can do 110 pull up's straight. My back is smaller than yours.. how many can do you?

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    Wood chops?
    Look in this or the other old thread... its in there...

405... are you going to the gym today? What are you working if you are?

already went.. did chest, back, shoulders, deads..

i can do 25-30 chins probably.. never tried.. usually do weighted sets of 8.. at least before the medial epicondilytis got me, now i just do a few sets of 10-15 with no weight to keep the lats where theyre at..

already went.. did chest, back, shoulders, deads..

i can do 25-30 chins probably.. never tried.. usually do weighted sets of 8.. at least before the medial epicondilytis got me, now i just do a few sets of 10-15 with no weight to keep the lats where theyre at..
    Hmmm... want bigger lats?

Hmmm... want bigger lats?
    i wouldnt mind them a little bigger ..

Try this for lats and triceps (you'll nail both at once). Find this machine: http://www.freemotionfitness.com/web...2_10009_136779

Set the arms to their lowest point or one setting up from lowest point. Set weight to 30 lbs (+/- weight depending on how hard this is for you to do). Bend over knees slightly bent, grab both the handles, one in each hand, and step back about 3 feet. Keep your arms completely straight but don't lock out elbows. Now... start rowing with both arms. You should look like a down hill skier and should be doing the same thing a skier would be doing when he's using poles to gain speed. Your hands should stop about 1 inch past your hips.

You should like this with arms straight, using your lats to bring the weight back like your using poles to move your body forward on ski's. Make sense? Do 2 x 16 sets and let me know how your lats feel in the morning (and tri's).

Another good work out for back... using the same Freemotion machine.... set the two arms to the very top- then back the arms down 2 clicks so they are out at a V. Grab the handles (right handle in left arm, left handle in right arm). Step back 3 feet. With arms straight- do a reversed fly (think dumbbell fly but with arms straight). Again- start at 30 pounds and +/- whatever you can do, 2 sets, 16 reps. Do that immediately after your first set of the bent over row. No rest.

So..

Bent Over Row: 2 x 16
    Reverse Fly: 2 x 16
    Pull Up's: 2 x failure

no rest in between sets. Go bent over row, reverse fly, and pull up, then start over x 2. Only rest should be the time it takes you to adjust the Freemotion machine and walk to the pull up.

My sets:

2 x 30 (90 lbs) on Freemotion, 2 x 110 on pull ups or 1 x 110 and second set to failure.

Do that for a month and leave the lat pull down machine alone.

sounds good the only problem is i dont have one of those machines and neither does either gym i go to.. i can do reverse flyes on the cable crossover machine though just usually dont..

Yea you can use cable cross over for reverse fly but you want to come from an upward position down and flex your back as you are coming down. You want your body to be in a Y shape with your arms being straight coming down. That will also hit your traps at the same time. Bring your arms back about 1 inch behind your waist when all the way down. Start light..... see what you can do. Some people can't do 40 lbs... even big dudes.

For the lat routine- you can use cable cross over machine at the lowest position and do one arm at a time. That's not as good as doing both arms but better than nothing. There might be other machines in the gym that you can use for the bent over lat row. Take a look around and see what they have.

evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Try this for lats and triceps (you'll nail both at once). Find this machine: http://www.freemotionfitness.com/web...2_10009_136779

Set the arms to their lowest point or one setting up from lowest point. Set weight to 30 lbs (+/- weight depending on how hard this is for you to do). Bend over knees slightly bent, grab both the handles, one in each hand, and step back about 3 feet. Keep your arms completely straight but don't lock out elbows. Now... start rowing with both arms. You should look like a down hill skier and should be doing the same thing a skier would be doing when he's using poles to gain speed. Your hands should stop about 1 inch past your hips.

You should like this with arms straight, using your lats to bring the weight back like your using poles to move your body forward on ski's. Make sense? Do 2 x 16 sets and let me know how your lats feel in the morning (and tri's).
    GOD DAMN IT!!! Why didn't you post this up yesterday on my back day?!?!?! Now I have to wait a whole week to try this bad boy out.

Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post
    GOD DAMN IT!!! Why didn't you post this up yesterday on my back day?!?!?! Now I have to wait a whole week to try this bad boy out.
    Nobody asked What do you have to work on next time in the gym? I have routines for everything... like I said; my routines are a lot different than most do.

I'm taking my fat ass to the gym. You guys post what you want routines for and I'll give you a few things that will make your vagina's hurt with less than 50 lbs regardless of how swole you are.

Here 405.... since your chest looks a little weak in your avi and I had to type it out for someone else: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...05#post6332405

Since you don't have Freemotion at your gym; use crossover cable and just set it at the bottom. Walk forward 2 feet. Do one arm at a time.
    Last edited by dan991; 01-09-2013 at 08:26 PM.

LOL.. thx dude.. ill give it a go.. i dont know if i can do the movement due to the medial epicondilytis though.. can do dips and push ups but the cables might be a stretch.. i can do anything the puts tension on the inner elbow.

Thread Information