Page 24 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree2244Likes

Thread: May 2018 Most Improved Competition [FINISHED: Results in post #5]

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    https://runrepeat.com/adidas-powerlift-31

What do you think?

It's going to be either that or a standard pair of trainers.
    Good shoes and Adidas makes durable ones too. Those are difficult to walk with as the sole on the outside is 100% flat. It bends only at the midpoint and it needs some force to bend. If you're OK with doing your warmup or cardio on the bike then no problem. Just go shoeless when deadlifting, for everything else these will be of benefit. Your squat technique will improve!
    hammerheart likes this.

You may have to wear them for a while before they fit. I'm flat footed... At first I took them off in-between sets due to no blood supply to feet. After a couple months they were the best ever.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    You may have to wear them for a while before they fit. I'm flat footed... At first I took them off in-between sets due to no blood supply to feet. After a couple months they were the best ever.
    Same issue here, collapsed arch, might need surgery at some point in future.

Was forced to abort chest session today, something is wrong with grip, weak with any weight, I believe I might have some overtraining going on with forearms.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Was forced to abort chest session today, something is wrong with grip, weak with any weight, I believe I might have some overtraining going on with forearms.
    Ya! "Overtraining"
    Eduke93 likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Good shoes and Adidas makes durable ones too. Those are difficult to walk with as the sole on the outside is 100% flat. It bends only at the midpoint and it needs some force to bend. If you're OK with doing your warmup or cardio on the bike then no problem. Just go shoeless when deadlifting, for everything else these will be of benefit. Your squat technique will improve!
    Minimalist shoes for anything you need to stand with some weight. Chest, shoulder and arms I use regular running shoes.

Foam rubber below your feet is really horrible when you want to squat, deadlift or do bent over rows. Had this discussion before, everyone was mocking me cause I sometimes use vibrams on leg or back days, seems some need to wear flashy shoes to show off LOL... Couldnt care less, I use what I feel works best, and being (almost) barefoot I have much better balance under load.
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Minimalist shoes for anything you need to stand with some weight. Chest, shoulder and arms I use regular running shoes.

Foam rubber below your feet is really horrible when you want to squat, deadlift or do bent over rows. Had this discussion before, everyone was mocking me cause I sometimes use vibrams on leg or back days, seems some need to wear flashy shoes to show off LOL... Couldnt care less, I use what I feel works best, and being (almost) barefoot I have much better balance under load.
    You wouldn't believe what I wear at home. Socks. Felt more balanced with a pair of nike air with my squats yday though.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Ya! "Overtraining"
    No shit grip keeps getting weaker and weaker, if that's not overtraining then you tell me.

Obs
    No shit grip keeps getting weaker and weaker, if that's not overtraining then you tell me.
    I was insinuating that you were mastrubating too much.

Sorry.
    I am obviously off my game today
    hammerheart likes this.

Obs
    Damn I look good right now.
    Wish I could joined yalls comp but there wont be anymore dramatic changes.

Sorry.
    Oh well I might be ready for an aureola on top of my head in that regard.
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

100% true. Your body already has spring/cushion effects in your joints. When you add another layer of springs/cushion you are trying to make a controlled movement with two springs attatched to each other... No balance. The squat shoes I have have a wooden sole and are horrible to walk with lol, but make for one rigid squat.
    Mr.BB likes this.

Same issue here, collapsed arch, might need surgery at some point in future.
    Mines just straight and luckily didn't grow outwards. But when I was a kid my feet would make funny sounds at the swimming pool, since they were flat they were like suction cups when wet LMAO!! My mom couldn't stop laughing both because I was an excellent swimmer and would make the sounds when going in/out for a dive, said I had innate swimming skills and sounded like a duck when out of the water. Isn't that funny.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Damn I look good right now.
    Wish I could joined yalls comp but there wont be anymore dramatic changes.
    Post some pics!
    Obs likes this.

Sorry.
    Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Of course, I'm not one to talk!
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Post some pics!
    Just did somewhere...
    Gonna make a suction cup to stick my phone to the gym mirror. Cant stand holding my phone shaking like a dog shitting peach seeds.
    Ernst and bethdoth like this.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Just did somewhere...
    Gonna make a suction cup to stick my phone to the gym mirror. Cant stand holding my phone shaking like a dog shitting peach seeds.
    You, sir... have the soul of a poet.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    You, sir... have the soul of a poet.
    Thank you

Some of my greatest work...

Attachment 172896

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Mines just straight and luckily didn't grow outwards...
    I'm scrolling through the activity stream and see that and think 'boys are talking about something good. Go there now!'
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    I'm scrolling through the activity stream and see that and think 'boys are talking about something good. Go there now!'
    Hahahaha

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member

Sorry.
    Dont worry Obs, i got it first time round... I think Biz is playing the innocence card!
    Obs likes this.

Hi All.

Busy weekend, Macros have been based around 2650 calories. Am currently sitting at 192.2lbs that’s a few lbs drop over the past few days, purely fat. Core is very tight, nearly full abs, still full, more vascular and dryer, so I am on track and where I want to be. Another 5-7 days and I’ll be where I want to be BF wise… Then I will up my calories to 2800 and play around from there, depending on how I look and rate of muscle gain…

Generally speaking I feel very healthy and “awake”… Typical sort of feeling you have when “on”, although my sex drive isn’t as high as I think it should be, no prolactin of estrogenic side effects so not sure what this is down to, still good to go though.. but I like my sex drive being abnormally high…. It’s fun!

Trained legs Sunday, Back yesterday and on Chest/Shoulders tonight and will rest up tomorrow..
    Last edited by Eduke93; 05-21-2018 at 04:08 AM.
    Obs, bethdoth and cousinmuscles like this.

Cool, made an order on amazon, wanted to adjust it so cancelled it, went to re add articles and one UA short was 50% higher in price.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Busy weekend. Shoulders Saturday followed by cardio. Sunday was off from working out and got a great massage. She did a great job on back, glutes and shoulders. Lots of knots in my back. Then had to go repair a leaky pipe in my basement. Once that was done grabbed my AR and 300 rounds of ammo and went to the range with my neighbor. Got his new 300 savage pretty much zero'd in at 100 yards, next time we will get it closer and then try some 300 yard targets.
    My diet was pretty good this weekend except I didn't eat frequent enough yesterday because i was busy. Down to 204 pounds. Looking at Eduke new aviator ... he is where I hope to be.
    Hey judges I still want extra points for age ... yes I am playing the age card again! 37 years of extra wear and tear as compared to a couple of the other competitors. LOL It appears Eduke has a screaming metabolism that of a hard gainer, but has the gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduke93 View Post
    Hi All.

Busy weekend, Macros have been based around 2650 calories. Am currently sitting at 192.2lbs that’s a few lbs drop over the past few days, purely fat. Core is very tight, nearly full abs, still full, more vascular and dryer, so I am on track and where I want to be. Another 5-7 days and I’ll be where I want to be BF wise… Then I will up my calories to 2800 and play around from there, depending on how I look and rate of muscle gain…

Generally speaking I feel very healthy and “awake”… Typical sort of feeling you have when “on”, although my sex drive isn’t as high as I think it should be, no prolactin of estrogenic side effects so not sure what this is down to, still good to go though.. but I like my sex drive being abnormally high…. It’s fun!

Trained legs Sunday, Back yesterday and on Chest/Shoulders tonight and will rest up tomorrow..
    My drive has been non-existent for quite a while (sometimes a bit on the repulsive side), also feeling a bit out of focus and run down lately believed it was high E2 but in fact I've gathered evidence my E2 is actually on the low side, and that's on 1000 ng/dl Test and no AI lol.

Calories are up to 3500kc, still not gaining any fat. Must be the evil sorcery of tren .

Attempting chest/tris again in a bit, hope to fail like yesterday but this time the way I like.

Quote Originally Posted by bethdoth View Post
    Busy weekend. Shoulders Saturday followed by cardio. Sunday was off from working out and got a great massage. She did a great job on back, glutes and shoulders. Lots of knots in my back. Then had to go repair a leaky pipe in my basement. Once that was done grabbed my AR and 300 rounds of ammo and went to the range with my neighbor. Got his new 300 savage pretty much zero'd in at 100 yards, next time we will get it closer and then try some 300 yard targets.
    My diet was pretty good this weekend except I didn't eat frequent enough yesterday because i was busy. Down to 204 pounds. Looking at Eduke new aviator ... he is where I hope to be.
    Hey judges I still want extra points for age ... yes I am playing the age card again! 37 years of extra wear and tear as compared to a couple of the other competitors. LOL It appears Eduke has a screaming metabolism that of a hard gainer, but has the gains.
    Not necessary BD, I can guarantee your going to come in shredded at the end of this comp!

Hahaha... my metabolism is strange, i gain fat easy and also loose fat easy. Not sure if that's normal? I was a chunky kid as well... Maybe my metabolism has its ups and downs like my brain does lol... Luckily its currently on an up... Hope it stays this way!
    Last edited by Eduke93; 05-21-2018 at 09:01 AM.
    bethdoth and PeanutbutterDC like this.

My drive has been non-existent for quite a while (sometimes a bit on the repulsive side), also feeling a bit out of focus and run down lately believed it was high E2 but in fact I've gathered evidence my E2 is actually on the low side, and that's on 1000 ng/dl Test and no AI lol.

Calories are up to 3500kc, still not gaining any fat. Must be the evil sorcery of tren .

Attempting chest/tris again in a bit, hope to fail like yesterday but this time the way I like.
    I can relate Bizzaro, I think we all have our ups and downs with training. I guess everything comes into play, home life, work, sleep etc… can all get to much sometimes!

Niceeeee, hell yeah.. One of the beauties of Tren. I said I’ll never run it again, but I’m already thinking next cycle, maybe a quick lean blast of Tren a, Mast, Test P, 8 weeks… hmmmmm… lol

From my experience, Tren when your lean is incredible, when you’re a bit fatter, not so much.. all person dependant though

Have a good sesh bro, smash it!

Not necessary BD, I can guarantee your going to come in shredded at the end of this comp!

Hahaha... my metabolism is strange, i gain fat easy and also loose fat easy. Not sure if that's normal? I was a chunky kid as well... Maybe my metabolism has its ups and downs like my brain does lol... Luckily its currently on an up... Hope it stays this way!
    To add to this, its actually on such an up that this morning i had 150g of carbs when i woke up at around 6;30am, and i went hypo at 10am so had some sugar sweets, then went hypo again at around 11:45am to the point where my vision was blurry, sweating, dizzy etc... nearly passed out so went and ate my next meal early... Only just made it to my car...

I had a sugar free energy drink this morning on my way to work, so i think this burnt through my carbs from the big caffeine hit. Steering clear moving forward...

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I feel for you, but no extra points . LOL
    At least you do not need to worry about loose skin like I do.
    Yeah, those young guys can transform quick. Us older people are like aircraft carriers. We need a lot of time to change directions. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I feel for you, but no extra points . LOL
    At least you do not need to worry about loose skin like I do.
    Yeah, those young guys can transform quick. Us older people are like aircraft carriers. We need a lot of time to change directions. LOL

Excuses excuses...

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Excuses excuses...
    Hahaha 28 damn you are just barely out of puberty! I would say come talk to me when you reach my age, but I will be dead by them! LOL Shit my goal is to still be able to bench my weight in age 10 times no matter how old I get. So if I reach 90 I will have to do 90 for 10!

NO EXCUSES! Hit it hard this morning 45 minutes HIIT. I can tell that the tren is starting to kick in (day 17). HIIT was a bit harder today at the same intensity levels and lifting Saturday seemed a bit easier at the same weight. Arms today after work ... core tomorrow, then start one week heavy with legs first. Sticking to my plan.

Got a killer leg workout in this morning, went up to 185lb on squats, felt ok. I am extremely happy that I'm able to work legs without back trouble. I will continue to slowly increase the weight, maybe try 225 in a week or so, definitely gonna ease into it. Weighed 214lb this morning, that's 5lbs lighter than start weight. Clothes are getting looser, getting more vascular...

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Got a killer leg workout in this morning, went up to 185lb on squats, felt ok. I am extremely happy that I'm able to work legs without back trouble. I will continue to slowly increase the weight, maybe try 225 in a week or so, definitely gonna ease into it. Weighed 214lb this morning, that's 5lbs lighter than start weight. Clothes are getting looser, getting more vascular...
    Tarzan- this is great to hear after all that you have been through, you held in there and now are getting results.

I can relate Bizzaro, I think we all have our ups and downs with training. I guess everything comes into play, home life, work, sleep etc… can all get to much sometimes!

Niceeeee, hell yeah.. One of the beauties of Tren . I said I’ll never run it again, but I’m already thinking next cycle, maybe a quick lean blast of Tren a, Mast, Test P, 8 weeks… hmmmmm… lol

From my experience, Tren when your lean is incredible, when you’re a bit fatter, not so much.. all person dependant though

Have a good sesh bro, smash it!
    Eheheh once you go tren...

Thanks, my last "down" lasted 4-5 years, I just fear falling inactive again every time I meet a setback, but I can overcome it with my experience now.

Session was good enough, could have been better, I'm soaked in a smelly pool of sweat. Pumped chest looked bigger than it's ever been in my life.

Reminder to self, get an headband or enjoy getting kicked straight away from gym

Hahaha 28 damn you are just barely out of puberty! I would say come talk to me when you reach my age, but I will be dead by them! LOL Shit my goal is to still be able to bench my weight in age 10 times no matter how old I get. So if I reach 90 I will have to do 90 for 10!

NO EXCUSES! Hit it hard this morning 45 minutes HIIT. I can tell that the tren is starting to kick in (day 17). HIIT was a bit harder today at the same intensity levels and lifting Saturday seemed a bit easier at the same weight. Arms today after work ... core tomorrow, then start one week heavy with legs first. Sticking to my plan.
    The profile age doesn't update I'm 30. I'm physically younger but mentally 100+ years old though. Yeah I know, half the people here are around twice as old LOL! When I was 29 ScotchGuard was exactly twice as old as me.
    bethdoth likes this.

Eheheh once you go tren ...

Thanks, my last "down" lasted 4-5 years, I just fear falling inactive again every time I meet a setback, but I can overcome it with my experience now.

Session was good enough, could have been better, I'm soaked in a smelly pool of sweat. Pumped chest looked bigger than it's ever been in my life.

Reminder to self, get an headband or enjoy getting kicked straight away from gym
    It can easily happen mate, but we all figure out a way back to the gym sooner or later!

Nice, glad the session was a gooden! Haha, my gyms the same, I take a towel and wipe up after myself lol don’t think I can pull off a head band....

Maybe one day..

The profile age doesn't update I'm 30. I'm physically younger but mentally 100+ years old though. Yeah I know, half the people here are around twice as old LOL! When I was 29 ScotchGuard was exactly twice as old as me.
    Does that make me the youngest here or is Zeus?

I’m 25, Mar 1993.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member

I’m 25, Mar 1993.
    Eduke93 and PeanutbutterDC like this.

I’m 25, Mar 1993.
    QUOTE]
    I'm older than both y'all together. 45

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Tarzan- this is great to hear after all that you have been through, you held in there and now are getting results.

Thanks man

Thread Information